Is this what it is like to be a sub 90 IQ retard...

Is this what it is like to be a sub 90 IQ retard? Unable to establish causality and only being able to think about stuff right in front of you? Not being able think about something unless you experience it?
He is barely above an animal.

Attached: maxresdefault(3).jpg (1280x720, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sX5ff7W7IQQ
megalodon.jp/2014-0402-0109-20/ncode.syosetu.com/n2267be/270/
youtube.com/watch?v=BOvAbjfJ0x0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

this, people despite him as realistic just because most people are legit retarded.
When they see something barely smart in any anime they are deeply amazed and would have never thought of anything better.
So when this anime comes around they try to justify the MC as "normal"

He's a teenage neet with autism. What did you expect?

well yeah, this is why the other 3 isekai mcs are better

I'm greatly repulsed by his behaviour, he has that cheat like ability and he still only manages to pull through by luck, and others covering his ass. And even then his first thoughs are to protect himself. He is really the lowest scum.

his skin should be black

He is not autistic, he is just dumb. Like really dumb. Even if he wanted to work all he would be good for is manual labour. He literraly can't use logic.

Hey, at least he can put together a sentence.

>ep17
>whale thing appears
>Rem goes to fight
>merchant guy figures out that the whale is after subarubso kicks him off
>he goes on to scream about not wanting to die
>cant put together that the whale makes people forget about stuff
He is literally retarded and to make worse he is selfish asshole.

>MC is as OP wants
>No tension
>Mystery is over after one death
>Basically is a harem eroge

>takes 3 deaths for MC to figure it out even though all events are the same
The tension comes from whether the mc can figure things out before he succumbs to despair and just fucks off.

>B...but user, he had to get used to the curse!

I don't get it
am I retard here?

Attached: 1530591755040.jpg (967x1125, 127K)

That’s an actual plot point. The longer Subaru goes without dying, the more it fucks him up mentally when he actually dies again. So it makes since the first few times he dies that he was so confused

But why?

I imagine having your soul flung into the past isn’t a pleasant experience, especially if you just died a horrific way

Could make a cute 4koma

>Hey, did you hear about the whale that makes you forget things?
>There's a whale that makes you forget things?
>huh? A whale that makes you forget things?
>[giant cute whale floating by in the background, whistling]

It's not even that he can't use logic, it's just that he doesen't think things through, which causes him having to die a unecessary amount of times. If he was just plain unable to think things through logically there wouldn't be nearly as many people hating him.

I think he is talking about 2 different things.
1) Rem goes off to fight but all he cares about is himself staying alive. Selfish.
2) After the whale kills Rem when he reincarnates he cannot figure out why people forgot her. Retarded.
It wasn't very well structured.

So he is just a faggot?
There is a time he gets killed by Rem, he knows he is going be sent back, but he still shits his pants upon seeing her. Not to mention he also knows she only kills him because they can't trust him.

He doesnt reincarnate in the middle, but yeah. I don't really use spoilers so I messes up.

Jesus Christ you are retarded

It kinda feels an asspull when he just suddenly realizes things.

No u

Why are you still worrying about something that happened years ago? Just get off his dick already.

Because picked this up now.

Oh yeah forgot about that part thanks

>shut in nerd
>has expectations that fantasy world hes transported into will be a fun adventure for him and expects all the tropes hes used to to happen to him
>turns out their world is like ours, unforgiving, random, and cruel but with fantasy shit.
>turns out expecting things to go your way and to be easy is retarded
stop pretending like your expectations of a fantasy world would be any different from his. youd have the exact same expectations. youcan deny it but its true. don't be a fucking retard.

This. I think Tappei overdid it trying to make him "relatable".

I’m an anime only. Did we ever find out why this guy can keep going back in time or is it just a random plot device that will never be explained?

Attached: 426E8C24-7BBF-468E-A095-2EE63EB0A96F.jpg (500x281, 46K)

Since Subaru is a human is he eternally fucked in his new world combat wise? I’m pretty sure even the lowest level scum monsters could wipe the floor with him so he’s basically forever going to be a joke no matter what? Has he gotten some kind of power up yet?

Eldritch waifu from the future who loves his potentially badass future self. He doesn't even know her now and potentially won't even get to know her

He has the ability to absorb other Authorities like Megaman. He can use the Invisible Hand, but it's pretty much useless since he can only extend it 1 meter and he has to sacrifice some of his sanity to continue to use it. Along with that, he gets an ability to "take in other people's pain" in Arc 6 to help them fight to the fullest.

Overall, Subaru does get stronger as a support type. But he's pretty much fucked physically since he can't even use his gate anymore.

Imagine getting isekai'd just to get stuck into playing support

greatest waifubait trash anime made, probably ever, i still dont get how people can defend this shit up to this day

Sure, expectations.
But I sure as hell figured shit out way ahead of him without actually getting as much info as him, and I am not some trash that gets uppity when someone tells them they are not the best at everything ever. He would be a low IQ scum withouth getting isekaid too.

Being human has nothing to do with it. He is just a week bitch, who doesn't want to improve hinself. Typical pleb.

Even if he became a master sword fighter a typical demon/mage fuckface could just destroy him easily.

Some people actually like the isekai cliche of the protagonist being hypercapable and nothing ever remotely challenging them. That's why it got so successful. The idea of a character shocked by the events they're experiencing and making bad decisions is too much for them. How are they supposed to self-insert when the protagonist isn't always doing the right thing?

If you see a teenage war veteran missing a leg or arm and he jumps at loud noises, is it because he's "retarded"? He's not even a volunteer soldier, he's a teenage NEET who's been horrifically murdered over and over and you pussies are all "I'd be so much better than him".
Kill yourself

>he has that cheat like ability
The ability to die? No thanks.
>he still only manages to pull through by luck, and others covering his ass
He's a normal teenager who's "superpower" is to get murdered and remember it. With that, he's up against monsters

Hes a good character as for what hes supposed to be, I personally dont like him because hes annoying & meant for losers to self insert.

He's a brainlet. I'd never amount to being a hero, but I'd go out, fuck off the main story line, and have fun, which is more than what this retard ever did.
Then I'd go back and relive my life in a new area with a new profession. It's like all that Chinese cultivation reincarnation shit. Eventually I'll be a god, so fuck it, why stress my ass off perpetually weak and underlevelled?

Imagine just raping Rem over and over and never progressing.

I sure as hell wouldnt barge in like a retard into the selections, nor shittalk and make things worse. I'd actually trust the chick that has saved my life multiple times when she asks me to patiently wait, because i wouldnt throw away the good faith ive earned.

She took his arm off and smashed his head in with that spiked ball and chain before. I don't think rape would go well for him

Pretty sure that there is a fighting chance even then.

>Emilia dies
>get murdered by Puck going rampant
Congrats user

Then maybe he shouldn't talk big about how is better than everyone? The little shitstains gets people he cares about killed, knows how to prevent more people he cares about from dying and he still goes on about how only he shouldn't suffer.

It took you this long to start watching this? Now that’s some bullshit.

>emilia dies
>get murdered by puck going rampant
>respawn
>leave town
>emilia dies
>watch the town get fucked up by a cat kaiju from a safe distance

There's no problem Subaru can't solve by running away.

Unless the witch cult shows up

He can stay away from them as well.

Puck basically freezes the whole world until Reinhardt comes and battles him you know?
Basically running is useless

Unless the save point updates 5 minutes before they attack the city like in arc 5

Reinhardt is in the same town though.

you know, any sane person has some knowledge about nobility and aristocracy - it's serious business. In his state, he should stay low while learning fast about the world he jumped in ASAP to not commit any social mistakes.

Yet he proceeds to be the cringiest fucker alive, insults some important knight and goes to fight instead of saying sorry like a bitch, gets his sorry ass handed like a bitch... and he even can't accept his defeat with grace and whines like a bitch, greatly damaging image of his protector which saved his retarded ass out of mercy. While she kinda tries to be big political player and is already at disadvantage because of fantasy racism, he does the worst thing possible. He couldn't be worse if he even tried on purpose. And that's only one retarded example of something any sane human being wouldn't commit, just because how cringey and socially suicidal it was. I don't know on how many levels on autism you need to be to commit something like that.

What do you mean?

What the fuck is KawaiiKud and why did you use a youtube thumbnail for your shit thread?

This desu, he has the temperament and conduct of a drunk. And about the same cognitive capacity too.

I'm certainly not enjoying overpowered main characters like in Overlord, I do enjoy when character has to seriously work toward his goal. But at the same time... I am able to understand, empathize, self-insert into most MCs, little girls, male rapists, something in between, whatever.

I can't understand Subaru at all. He is fucking alien, not understanding simpliest social clues about his position, position of others, etc. A lot of hierarchy stuff comes as non-verbal communication, you can feel it, you can see it, you can understand it. But not Subaru. Subaru just waltz in into room full of nobles, expects them to treat him seriously, treats them like shit, and is surprised everyone hates his guts. Another thing is, I just can't connect with such stupid character. More than often, instead of thinking, trying to formulate plan, his response boils down to basic fight or flee - mostly flee - just like fucking animal. I would say even animals perform heroic acts of saving humans/their offspring, even sacrificing themselves in the process. Subaru, when he wants to survive, acts like reptile - only his sorry ass is important, everything else doesn't matter.

I just cannot follow character which is such a giant faggot, retard, and pussy.

I thought it was an accurate portrayal of a 15-16 year old wastrel.

But that was kinda the point? He was socially retarded cringey autist right from the very beginning.

>he can't imagine people giving their life for something
Being able to retry is just a bonus.

Attached: LucianoBradley.png (600x338, 151K)

he was an I N D I V I D U A L I S T
Respect his wishes to disregard all false nobles.

Personally i think he has fetal alcohol syndrome or cretinism, this is implied numerous times.

why would you fuck up interesting premise of time-loop brutal isekai with main character, which can't really control situation and everything happens AROUND him, not because of him? Just imagine Subaru, but with mind of Tanya - boom, now story is infinitely better because main character now controls his fate and is manipulative fucker to boot.

Even Kazuma would be better. One quick and sly son of a bitch.

This with kazuma in lead would actually be really good.

I wonder which girl he'll pick.

>Subaru, when he wants to survive, acts like reptile - only his sorry ass is important, everything else doesn't matter.
are we even following the same series?

He only ever stays to fight when he knows he has the upper hand, but agreed, his character is not consistent enough to say he eil act this or that way.

Kazuma is a bro tier beer buddy, and has C O M M O N S E N S E, creatively using shitty cards he was given for maximum output. Like stealing OP sword from a ,,hero", bashing him with it, and then selling it for a quick profit.

How should I say.. Subaru is like weird, creepy new guy at your work, which is sitting in changing room on his break time instead of canteen like normal human being, watching anime/family guy tier cartoons on a phone. At work, he's incredibly inept and has to be guided almost by hand, and he will fuck up anyway, so he's delegated to simpliest jobs possible, like putting up cardboard boxes together or sticking labels. And he stays on this entry level job, instead of getting introduced to more serious tasks. He gets mocked for that, and he even doesn't know this.

Kazuma is like inside transfer guy, which quickly finds out how this new workplace operates, he learns fast by himself. On third day, you show him how to set up machines and fill paperwork, next week, you are chilling with him on third breaktime during work - while eating company stuff with sauces from different department - because everything important has already been done, and whatever left to do is ,,cleaning machines" which means fucking nothing - but boss don't give a fuck, because everything is done on time anyway. During this time, you discover your coworker is also animefag, just hiding his powerlevels and being normal, funny guy otherwise.

It's something like that.

Attached: 1556644684021.jpg (329x406, 15K)

When he dies for the 10th time or something, he starts to understand he has to formulate plans and think. When that happens, he is acting like normal human being and is actually refreshing character I can root for.

But when he survives past check point, he gets retarded again.

Add to Subaru that he constantly complains that he only ever gets shitty jobs and every one else is just sitting on their asses doing nothing while he does all the work.

Puck would destroy whole world instead of just a city.

I dont know anyone can stand his character

> people still reading this trash

Attached: 1541103228689.jpg (1280x720, 84K)

... I could write a lot, but that would be complete offtopic at this point.

Yea, for some reason, all those lanklet kids which are their first day at work are so inept nowadays. And it's like target audience for Re;Zero. I bet they didn't had any issues with putting themselves into Subaru's shoes.

Imagine him trying to convince people without having prior knowledge, he is so stupid that his arguments boil down to "just trust me dude", even if he can't say he gets sent back upon death he could make up something else.

he gets better at that
but in WN

He would have also been able to run from that

don't even remind me, I am honestly amazed how I endured this sorry excuse of a character and watched whole Re;Zero anyway, and even enjoyed it.

I mean, he's contractually obligated to try, but even Puck knows he wouldn't get far. Luckily, the Kingdom of Lugunica has an answer to these kinds of problems.

Attached: large.jpg (500x282, 33K)

>INSETRT DEUS EX REINHARD HERE

I really don't get how people could look at him and not feel contempt.

>see something important
>die
>never ask about it
The guy doesn't experiment or seek understanding at all. He just lives from moment to moment only trying to fifurr out how to survive, what a waste to give him this power.

I feel like Subaru's decision to run would have made more sense to secondaries if this tidbit was included in the anime.

Attached: 12.jpg (1456x1040, 286K)

Imagine if Toyota's age would be 7 instead of 17 years. Now all his autistic tantrums make sense.

Attached: 3e5.png (500x272, 182K)

Subaru's still has ability which give him scent of the witch. Cultists would be drawn to him sooner or later.

>throwing away your love and friends would have made sense if you knew that the iceholocaust resulting from it would likely be stoped
Yeah, no, he kept rushing in like a retard and when that didn't work out he starts screaming at people, then when that doesn't work out he just tries to leave. There is hardly any justification for this behaviour.

It's pretty easy, you just need a little shred of empathy. Sadly a lot of people seem to lack it here on Yea Forums since autism is so widespread here.

About everything else is good, only the MC is garbage.

He regularly causes suffering for others with his incompetence.

So what? He's a 17 year old neet tossed into an unknown world. If we started crucifying every 17 year old who causes trouble for others there wouldn't be many left.
He has a good nature and most of the times he tries to make things right, that's good enough for me to empathize with him.

I meant after reincarnating a bunch of times and becoming a god.

found the double digit iq self insert

Theres a limit to how much shitty behaviour you can excuse though, especially when indulging it does more harm than good.

>run away
>get tracked by cultist due to the witch smell
>they torture you and kill you over and over
>there is no Reinhardt or Emilia to save you, at best you've befriended some peasants, but you're a literal who in this world
Latching onto Emilia was the smartest thing he could do. Through her he has access to magic training, money and competent people who have his back in case something happens.

because second season soon

and he immediately ruins that relationship by being a cringy faggot

He has the capacity to learn from his mistakes, so it's okay in my book.

this desu, I cringed when he went full autie and declared himself a knight
like that was
a REALLY bad idea

And he rebuilds that relationship with his cringy antics. What's your point?

Sounds exactly like the average isekai LN reader desu

If you have to 'learn' something as basic as respecting someone's wishes, then you're going to be spending more time making mistakes than learning from them and eventually drive people away with your bullshit.

Because eventually hes going to fuck up past the point of no return and cant kill himself out of it due to not understanding his save points.

You learn that social shit by interacting with people. Since he was a neet it was expected that he's retarded in that area. Also he's carrying around the burden of his curse.
It's a little bit disgusting how you want to pin people on their past misdoings and label them for the future even though they showed the ability to change themselves.

So you hate him for doing something that he hasn't done yet?

And its disgusting that you basically dont want him to learn to be responsible for his actions or to consider his actions affect on others. Why should everyone else baby him so he can make no effort to change, especially when he wrecks their hard work so he can be a selfish twat? I empathized with his situation till he showed he didnt even respect Emillia enough to listen to one request, and expected her to be grateful for him fucking everything up.

If he doesn't show he can truly change and grow yes. Perfect do no wrong heroes are annoying but so is going to the other extreme.

>he carries the memories of spending weeks with Emilia, eating with her, playing with her, talking to her, laughing with her, crying with her and saving her countless times
>she only remembers one fraction of that time
>he's cursed to never be able to talk about that time with anybody else
>on top on that he's under extreme emotional distress
>he starts exploding during an argument, since he has obviously reached his limit, the problem is that he and Emilia have a different perception of their relationship, he feels like she owes him more than in reality due to looping so many times
You just need to put yourself in his shoes and you would know how difficult the whole situation is for him. It's a surprise that he even lasted that long.

This, the story wouldn't be too engaging anymore though.

He was a mentally average human being, that's his justification.

I mean Emilia even asumed he was like 11.

Can't wait for eternal shitposting

And best girl to be introduced.

I would have listened to her, the part you keep ignoring. Spending that much time with her, knowing all of this, if i truly cared about her i would respect her request. Especially it being the only request she asked of me. Listening to her also would have prevented the situation all together.

Dude he's mentally and emotionally fucked in the head due to the circumstances, how do you not get that ? He's not going to do that and outsiders should show some understanding for that.
It's like telling a depressed person that they should just be happy.

I know the original work is a LN but is there any manga that follows the main story as well?

This was after his victory with the dog curse, if anything hes actually on a high from that sucess and it shows in his arrogance. You cant keep falling back on this excuse when there was no dangerous situation to trigger him until he decided he didnt have to respect Emilia asking him to stay put.

He ain't going to recover from just from one high, you still carry that shit around you.

>He is barely above an animal
hes a teenager soo...

What harm was there in staying put? What dangerous thing was threatening him at that moment when she made the request? What would trigger any of that trauma? Nothing was putting him in a state of danger at that moment, it was nothing but pride that made him go.

Self inserting is for fags who like to self insert their dicks into their boyfriends ass. Fuck off and never come back. You watch stories to see people that aren't like you, why would you want to watch a character that is just yourself, that is so fucking boring.

It is okay to do that, but not by being such a cringy tard. It was like little kids playing pretend, but he took it seripusly.

Will 2nd season have the OPM curse and cause everyone to hate it? Is there any chance of avoiding the QUALITY fate of shows brought back years later?

Basically nu Yea Forums can't enjoy a character unless they are cell phone tier op with zero flaws. Any character that reminds them of themselves terrifies them. This thread is basically a bunch of autists seeing themselves in a character and realizing that they would be fucked if they got sent to a fantasy world. Subaru is the best isakai character ever simply for the fact that he buttflusters self insert fags so much.

Attached: 1559683584598.jpg (692x768, 78K)

I literally can't put myself in his shoes. I'm nothing like him, even if I was put into the same spot, I'd never make the same choices as him, I can't even understand half the things he did. The only thing where he even comes close to me is fittness, though it is not actually elaborated on he seems to have some martial arts training and the muscle to back it up.

If he is mentally ill, then all the more reason to not to let him walk around.

You talk to a person. You disagree with a person. You try to convince her that she's wrong. Your pulse gets higher and you start sweating and then your autism breaks out.
That's how easy it is.

It's gonna be made by White Fox so no

Not every one who finds him irritating is a self inserter. If anything its self inserters that defend his ass the most with the whole 'why cant you empathize with his idiocy'?

stop it op, you're making me cry

Congrats bro you might have autism

And why are you disagreeing or arguing with her? She doesn't want you go, why force yourself where you aren't wanted?

I dunno maybe because you think it's best for her? Since you know that you know that all her other decisions led to her being gutted like a dog and you had to clean up after her mess?
He obviously has some feelings of grandeur after saving her so many times.

I don't think there were many doctors around to diagnose him.

His IQ is a 130 according to the novel

sorry brainlet

On point.

>His IQ is a 130 according to the novel
This is a joke, right?

Subaru is so dumb and unimaginative that it genuinely feels OUT OF CHARACTER when he realizes anything without being directly told it by another character.

you realize that smart people can act incredibly retarded in stressful situations right

He's a comedic villain forced into the role of a hero.

Give him a team rocket grunt outfit or replace him with Wile Coyote and the show makes so much more sense.

If Subaru was a gary stu genius like Oreki, this show would be a 0.5/10 instead of a 2/10

Mate, I can put together a (shitty) gun, I know how to make explosives, I do martial arts, last IQ test I took put me over 130 although it was a while ago, I don't want to bragg, I didn't bring all these up for that, but that guy has nothing to set him apart from your average peasant apart from his power. The first thing I would do is to try and gather information while not making too much noise, but he barely even ask questions. Did you know that apes never use the sign language to ask questions?

Stop trying to pretend that everyone is a failure and needs divine intervention to succeed at everyday tasks.

You know Chris Watt, the guy who strangled his wife and smothered his kids and proceeded to embarrass himself during an interrogation and generally seemed like a sub 80 IQ retard?

He took an IQ test in prison and got a 142.

t. has never suffered in his life

None of those are impressive feats.

Comes from being able to comprehend too many variables and getting blocked.

>The ability to die?
Absolute fucking moron, you have the ability to die too, you inbred retarded cunt.

What would be suffering? Making retarded choices and ruining yourself? If you are living in the west, chances are, you are not suffering.

spoken like someone who watches sherlock

>Sadly
Why is it sad user? You have a shred of empathy, no?

That's actually a low IQ trait, and not how actual smart people slip up.

>His IQ is a 130 according to the novel
lol

I guess it's just the author who is retarded then.

*WN the LN is shit

You severely overestimate the intelligence of a 130 IQ individual.

They're brainlet+.

>If you are living in the west, chances are, you are not suffering.
critical ignorance, congratulations

Trash

You're overestimating Subaru's intelligence. He's not a brainlet+.

Do feel free to point out any examples.

I'd also remember how many times id rushed in and gotten killed because of ignorance as well, because avoiding death is a priority. I'd also remember those times were also my fault, and shes the one with a functional gate, and i need to heal to be of any use. Id trust her, especially since she isnt alone and i understand i cant do anything now but can learn more important stuff from Rem. Not every paranoid acts like a brainless berserker, some actually think.

>all "I'd be so much better than him"
It's more of a "He's not entertaining to watch" thing.

This. Nothing is wrong with an unheroic character but the appeal is to see them grow and adapt from their trials, and Subaru's growth is so slow abouteven basic things it's a deteriment to most.

It's not entertaining, because it's akin to watching a kid fumbling his steps. And the usual response to that is "you wouldn't do any better".

Why do so many Isekai use this ugly art style?

>he feels like she owes him more than in reality due to looping so many times
That's the problem you fucking retard. The fact that he feels she owes him in the first place.
Even if she had been aware of all the bullshit he went through, she didn't owe him shit

This. It's a scumbag mindset, especially when he owes her a hell of a lot more.

Nigga I'm a fucking simple farm hand in real life. Why the fuck wouldn't I be a simple farm hand in magic world?
The most exciting thing that would happen to me is that I would get drafted to go die in some errantry war.

Attached: 1372360992979.jpg (986x1369, 878K)

Gotta agree with this user, if you decide to help someone, then you can't later go and claim they own you. Especially since he already got a reward. Now if he explaines that why he wanted to do stuff instead of just throwing a fit

This really shows when he goes around asking for a favor. He thinks everyone should just help him, because he asked.

>muh nice guys meme
people do shit for each other without negotiation all the time and not reciprocating is seen as being shitty and reasonably makes people dislike you. if a friend buys you drinks when you forget your wallet and you don't do the same when they forget theirs, you're an asshole and they'll probably stop wanting anything to do with you. it doesn't have to be some kind of Machiavellian scheme to get fed up with doing more for other people than they do for you.

note you can disagree with someone to what extent they're 'owed', what type of behavior reasonably indicates a relationship where people agree about how much they are willing to do for each other, and what the correct response is when they find out the other person disagrees with their assessment. but the idea that this whole dynamic is restricted to evil scumbags that didn't do you 'real' favors and was trying to trick you all along is retarded and completely contrary to most human interaction.

the only time people pretend otherwise is when they want to rationalize why people they use are actually evil psychopaths who had it coming. it can't possibly be miscommunication and you can't have had a sliver of fault for them getting the wrong impression. you're definitely in the moral clear because they were basically trying to rape you. self centered people rationalizing that they never have anything to feel bad about because in real human interaction all expectations are explicitly stated is ridiculous and the fact that this somehow became a meme says a lot about the people who spread it

Wrong.

>if a friend buys you drinks when you forget your wallet and you don't do the same when they forget theirs, you're an asshole
I agree, that is the unwritten rule.
But you're fucking joking if you believe that Emilia hasn't already done a shit load for Subaru.
It's also a dick move to actually bring up these unspoken debts.

Then youre actually agreeing with us saying that Subaru is an asshole. Because when you flip this around to Emilia viewpoint instead, you have a dipshit who you've saved the life of multiple times, helped housed and fed, put up with his random bullshit and has been more of a burden than a reliable friend, and after all that not only ignored your only request and fucked up something you worked your entire life toward, then starts sprouting how much you owe him as your tending his wounds from shittalking someone outside his skill level despite your wishes. Theres no excuse for his bullshit, period.

>I agree, that is the unwritten rule.
Other unwritten rules exist even if not universally accepted. People just like to pretend they don't any time it creates any ambiguity about their own behavior. The part that rewinds my clock is people spreading blatantly false generalizations about communication like saying unwritten rules don't exist. If you're willing to rationalize to that extent you're probably a shittier, more manipulative person than the sperg you happened to miscommunicate with.
>It's also a dick move to actually bring up these unspoken debts.
After the asshole doesn't buy you your drink it doesn't make you a bigger dick than they are to point it out while flipping them off. Basically the problem isn't people pointing out they got screwed over, it's them misjudging how much and acting emotionally.

>But you're fucking joking if you believe that Emilia hasn't already done a shit load for Subaru.
That guy was pointing out subaru's calibration might have been off because he wasn't thinking about the resets. That and autistically getting the wrong idea about things doesn't necessarily make him a shitty person who was trying to trick her all along. Miscommunication can happen without someone trying to consciously sabotage it.

Feel free to look at anything.

You're legitimately an asshole if you autistically keep some kind of mental ledger of the debts you hold between friends. Eventually that shit just becomes so blurry that no one cares any more.
The point is that Emilia and Subaru have both done each other a shit load of favours and it's meaningless to try and weigh up how much one owes the other. Which is exactly what Subaru tried to do, which is what makes him a shit.

90 iq my asshole
I just guessed who they all are and got it right here on 4chin because im a 99% ravens progressive matrices genius and only 1-2 of them would talk to me directly at the time

Attached: images (22).jpg (180x280, 8K)

>friends buying drinks
Yeah, bringing along someone to an official meeting they have no place in and is not related to them at all is on the same level as trading drinks.
Besides collecting debts is not what a friend would do, I know how much I'm in debt to my friends, but I don't keep track of how much they own me, it's pretty much offer based, there could be a million things going on so forcing them to buy me a drink would be a dickish move even if they owned me a drink. Sure you can call in favors, but unless you want to ruin your relationship, you won't just charge them.

he was a neet, what do you expect

It's why isekai shitters self-insert to him. They are retarded failures as well.

I also guessed the people who im directly talking to.
still not sure if the other one is right because we only talked once but I think I saw her at the hospital once

TO BE FAIR YOU HAVE TO HAVE A VERY HIGH IQ TO HATE RE:ZERO...

you're somewhere between dishonest and memebrained if you think adding up historical favor points is the only way this works. If you think you're "yeah we'd buy each other a drink" friends and they go along with it but then reveal they don't want to buy you drinks you should realize they aren't as good of friends with you as you thought.

>You're legitimately an asshole if you autistically keep some kind of mental ledger of the debts you hold between friends.
So everyone in a relationship is an asshole. Both for not wiping everything they've done from their mind before every argument and having a problem with the other person not contributing equally to the relationship.

>i'll try to wiggle out of this with pedantry
if you're in a similar situation in reverse and won't do a favor they did for you it's something they should note and evidence that your a shit.

I don't have a problem with the show though. With an average MC the others could easily carry it.

Honestly man, do you actually have friends? Because it sounds like you treat everyone you know as some kind of business partner

wasnt the 1 armed isekai guy without super isekai powers able to hold his own in re zero.
just by not being a bitch.

Having empathy is not the same as self-inserting.

Try increasing your IQ.

>end of month
>low on funds
>not getting any drinks for myself
>friend shows up and demands I buy him a drink because he paid a round half a year ago, voluntarily
Yeah, this is how friends behave.
Besides you have been told that the two don't compare. Even if someone saved my life there are things they shouldn't ask for.

What's wrong with the LN?

If you're going to pretend that doesn't go on to some extent you're just a liar. People do take advantage of each other and they do notice when it's happening. You're just trying to deflect by conflating that blatantly true fact with the absolute most ironclad legally binding form it could take. What is it about you that makes you feel compelled to argue against simple truths so dishonestly?

>>end of month
>>low on funds
>>not getting any drinks for myself
Then it isn't a similar situation. You're avoiding what's being said by making up similar situations you can pretend I meant.

>Besides you have been told that the two don't compare.
I never said i agreed with subaru. I said this type of miscommunication doesn't prove he's a shitty person with ulterior motives for his actions. And tangentially that people who pretend it must mean that are dishonest people with ulterior motives for their beliefs.

He is shitty because he doesn't care about what others want and just keep pushing his own shit opinion. He is quite literally exploiting other's goodwill without a second though or any gratitude. Then comes back for more.

People call him realistic just because he loses kek

It’s watered down to appeal to anime only fans and removed a shit ton of plot points, characterization, and ruined the tone of arc 4

But that guy definitely does have super isekai powers

Then you can argue that. I saw people calling him shitty because
>muh nice guy
which I think is obnoxious because the people anointing themselves morally superior do it by throwing out any empathy and trying to construct the absolute worst image of another person for their mental comfort. That's all I wanted to respond to.

If he was autistic, chances are he'd be a little smarter

He has a very similar but different power.

My comments had nothing to do with muh nice guy., but him being a selfish shithead that butted in where he wasn't wanted, and being told we should empathize with him for it.

Haven't seen the show since it came out so my memory might be hazy but doesn't Subaru basically save Emilias life multiple times and do a bunch of shit for her but because of the reset thing she doesn't remember any of it and thinks he is just a casual acquaintance that she scraped off the street and make her butler?
If that is the case I can see how he could be frustrated when there is a disconnect how he sees this long relationship they have built up but to her they basically just met.

She's done a lot for him in turn, more than just make him her butler. Even if she did know all the times he saved her, it doesn't matter. His autistic rant about how she owes him still makes him come off as a manipulative cunt

>replying to mp
Don't do that in the future. This thing is notorious

And what's wrong with that? I would rather see a character that has flaws instead of Generic Nice Guy X that does everything right, has no emotional flaws and is automatically loved by everyone because he is the best and also has all of the best powers.
You can like a character without "liking" the character. Why don't I ever see threads on Yea Forums of people reeing about how shitty a person Scarface was?

He learned a foreign language in 2 weeks, are you dumb?

Attached: Fuck_you.jpg (805x707, 39K)

Replying to myself because I forgot, most isakai characters have nowhere to go. They arrive in their show at the peak and exist only to collect more pussy and jewels. Maybe they have to do the occasional training montage for 30 seconds every 10 episodes or so.
I find it refreshing for once to have a character that needs to grow emotionally instead of just acquiring new powers. If he ends the show/story the same as he started than we could maybe talk. But there is nothing intrinsically wrong with a character that starts out with a shitty personality.

>muh memorization
dude randomly forgets everything he knows about causality whenever theres a mystery the plot needs to not be solved in a couple hours

It's coincidentally very similar to Japanese, probably since a Japanese guy who was isekai'd the past invented it.

You're the same if you watch that shit.

Subaru is probably the worst MC ive seen

>Why don't I ever see threads on Yea Forums of people reeing about how shitty a person Scarface was?

Because Scarface has enough positive attributes to balance the negative, you fucking brainlet. Main characters have to either be likable, intriguing, or both

Subaru is neither. This faggot has multiple traits that make a character unlikable. What annoys me the most about him is how he's "sooo random".

He should have been a side character for occasional comic relief or to shit on.

Why pretend that he has any likeable traits? He is sich a shit character that when he actually does something good it feels like an asspull.

My first expectation of a fantasy world is going to be Cholera. Cheat skill or no, My first goal is to find someone willing to take me on for literally any cost or labor so I get the baseline knowledge a 12 year old child has in this world.

Then, and only then, will I make any attempt to progress.

congradulations, you get murdered by the thieves in the alley. Would you like to try again?

>implying I'd go into a fucking alley
Not everyone is as stupid as Subaru

Sounds like me

Attached: 05930F19-1D9B-4C8D-9A70-8299BABFCD2F.jpg (680x1034, 95K)

This is what's referred to as outcome-based thinking. It's a waste of time, since the correct course of action is based on the possibilities, not the actual results.

Dying in a ditch from avoidable poisonous plants, waterborne parasites, mystical blight, starvation or dehydration, ETC. is avoidable.

Being stabbed to death in an alley without any significant fighting skill is not, and unless I know the city, I am as likely to encounter these thugs searching for any other form of training or support.

To answer your question: Yes. I'm going to go find someone who is willing to teach me practical knowledge in the region, but I'm going to avoid the fifth alley on the right.

The major question he has to ask himself in season 2 is whether he should use RBD often so that he can experiment and learn more, or if he should value his life and only use it as a last resort, so as to prevent him from reaching a point where he doesn't care about the tragedies unfolding in the present.

>t. low EQ retard

>Japanese guy gets isekai'd into the past
>"Whoa, looks like this world is so shit, it doesn't even have a proper writing system. I'll Glorious Nippon Culture the fuck out of it."
>"Wait actually, I should come up with a new system to replace Kanji and Kana, because fuck the Chinese and fuck Miss Takeda from 3rd grade for bitching at my ね-s proportions all the time."
>"Also it would totally weird for some other Japanese kid to get isekai'd here and recognize the writing. Would totally kill the isekai mood."

>language is static and does not change over a several hundred years

>retarded mc-kun fucked up
>this means that everyone will fuck up too

Only shitty languages change that much.

Dying hurts?

The Kanji used by the Japanese excepting a few newly created ones and and simplifications still use the Standard Script from the fucking Han dynasty's era.

So change, sure.
Completely replace the entire alphabet when the alphabet is pictograph? Come on.

I'd be ABSOLUTELY FUCKING TERRIFIED if I was transported into a fantasy world.

Because Berserk.

He doesn't even have basic knowledge of the world. And there a bunch of people around him who he could ask.

Deal with it.
Others don't get to continue on living.

He did? Why should he do something about those who don't get to keep living? He's not some messiah, you know.

He didn't know yet just how autistic they were about it at that point.
His only experience thus far with them being interested in his "scent" was that upon directly walking into a massive group of them by more or less coincidence they thought he might but not necessarily be important.
(I mean coincidence in the sense that they weren't there for him, they were both there for the same third party.)

It would be a stretch at that point to assume they'd track him down, especially if they're mostly all dead as far as he knows after Icepocalypse.

Yeah,who would sacrefice themsleves for someone they love?

Over and over again? And, again, what is your schizo ass going on about? Subaru dies repeatedly for the sole sake of those people.

>All these posts trying to defend/explain away Subaru's retardation
Just roll with it fanboys, it's fine if an MC is a retard, just enjoy the series for what it is.

Attached: 1429728562830.jpg (633x758, 68K)

Yes.
He dies because he fucks up, he only ever goes willingly once.

>Yes.
You've got some fucked-up, cult-like definition of sacrifice then pal. Have you ever died before?
>he only ever goes willingly once
How many times did he go back to that pawn shop in Arc 1?

>N-noo, he is stupid!
>I-I'm saying this because he has more IQ than me!!!
You have been proved wrong already shithead, he is stated to have 130 IQ.

I don't know if I'm just being too "anime is only for mature people like myself" but I really hate every scene with Petelgeuse. The way he talks and his constant wacky expressions/mannerisms just seem completely dumb, really drags down the story too. Are there better villains introduced later on?

Absolutely top based wojak poster. Do one of those brain wojaks next

Have you?
Never mind that he only figured out what's going on by the 5th time, and even then he tried to just run away.

Not it was pretty cringy.

This bothered me as well, I understand that dying is a traumatic experience and to die on purpose knowing how painful it is would be tough, but it really seemed like he wasn't taking advantage of the ability he has.

It might be too much to expect for a 17y/o NEET, but the mc of Mother of Learning takes advantage of his looping situation much more entertainingly, and in a way that doesn't rob the story of any engagement/conflict.

You better start quoting which parts of my post you're replying to because you're coming off as an ESL and I can't understand the point you're trying to make.
>only figured out what's going on by the 5th time
What exactly do you mean by this and how is this pertinent to the discussion at hand? If you're talking about RbD, he became aware of it after his 3rd death, and that's because of witch fuckery.
>he tried to just run away
Again, what exactly are you talking about and, more importantly, why wouldn't he distance himself from a situation that repeatedly led him to death?

You realize he used to be a good guy until he went literally insane right?

Subaru is basically a school shooter waiting to happen, but instead what we got was a guy who burns down a whole nation, strangles children, uses the elderly as meatshields and the main villain of Re:Zero. Too bad the anime made him into a monkey, he was so much more fun in the WN when they showed just how much of an irredeemable scum of a human being he is.

Attached: Spooned.png (700x991, 919K)

He's literally an extremely retarded version of Shirogane Takeru, minus all the growth Takeru had.

>we will never see Subaru try to manipulate a man who was mourning his dead wife ever
Such is life for kadowaka adaptations.

Attached: 14657548.png (890x876, 88K)

NEVER EVER

Attached: DARK LOOOOOOOORD.png (1063x869, 96K)

He learned how to read in 2 weeks. They spoke in
same language. `

There are multiple side stories that explore Subaru abusing return by death, and for the purposes of this series it's always a bad end. The story is mostly focused on Subaru's personal growth and development. The themes and characterization are what are prioritized, and while that might be interesting to explore it would ruin the themes the author is going for. This even comes up in the next arc after the anime where he stops considering his own mental health and considers loops in terms of efficiency

Does this all happen in Arc 6 or something?

Daily reminder he'll never go full scum because of his promise to be Rem's hero.

Attached: 1468372536421.gif (405x687, 723K)

Technically this happened waaaay before arc 6.

Attached: 1491404994512.jpg (1334x4096, 1.96M)

Arc 6 Subaru is set up for much worse things user. There is a reason why Reinhardt is the "hero" of the story and Subaru is not. Reinhardt is for the low IQ self-inserts, Subaru is for those who just wanna see the pure entertainment of watching pure suffering and the world burning.

Dying hurts and still fucks him up mentally. Like when he got eaten alive by the rabbits and spent a few days convulsing and babbling incoherently until his mind recovered after reviving.

Kek

Attached: 1511154928526.png (760x2000, 255K)

why doesnt subaru carry around poison to kill himself with it would save alot of time and anguish

He'd like not to die because dying entails something much worse than putting up with the pain. Like getting your soul slowly eaten and shredded until you become so mentally unstable that you become the world's most wanted murder hobo.

ha what a pussy

You don't want to use RbD, RbD is last resort especially with running the risk of Mrs.Cosmic Horror turning your soul into primordial soup.

Satella is such a bitch

Him having a good nature only lasts only he returns to the royal capital. after that he becomes completely insufferable.

so this is the power of brainwashing...

>implying he reads the novels
we're talking to the ani-plebs here

Attached: CyHgLPXUQAEnmVC.jpg (950x621, 72K)

Dude, I don't watch anime to see stuff I would do, retard.

They should have fucked when they had the chance

Attached: 1498942878904.jpg (891x1280, 459K)

youtube.com/watch?v=sX5ff7W7IQQ
SPOON

Attached: 1469179991726.png (1000x647, 923K)

Subaru hasn't set anything on fire since he got into quartet

Implying you have knowledge without wikipedia and internet. Though everyone likes too look smart. Like pseuds

Attached: 1560213499422.jpg (2000x1500, 253K)

Is the written language the same? They are using japanese they just have a different alphabet right?

>ITT
embarrassing

Attached: me.webm (640x480, 3M)

He was insufferable from the very beginning, even more so. Blame the anime for weakening his redemption arcs. His good nature got him to adopt 3 daughters and has Rem as the love of his life. All of which is either already dead or about to die.

Attached: 1558001996596.jpg (864x1200, 183K)

>not getting Reinhardt to protect you

>not getting Reinhardt to protect you
holy shit if only you knew

Attached: 1533166888261.jpg (181x290, 108K)

what did he even do that was that stupid?

The other Subaru's would like to have a word with you.

Attached: 1491964323291.jpg (551x780, 365K)

How lucky

Attached: 59417986_p1.png (317x824, 164K)

Everything. He's not Gary Stu so Yea Forums and Yea Forums can't self-insert. He's not literally me. Not intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor.

Stupid people can't think beyond the 1 or 2 things that are recent on their mind. The annoying thing about this is that they try to fit those 1 or 2 things into every situation because that's all they literally have going on inside their heads.

Only stupid people would make such jumps to conclusions. If you had decency of mind then you'd listen and observe more before deciding something but too bad lower iq people tend to be more vocal.

>Political assassin
>Daughter of a Witch
>E.coli enthusiast
Scumbaru's daughters are the true endgame

Attached: Cy13RfjUQAAi-iq.jpg (962x650, 96K)

>this meme
No. Autists are broken trash and should die. There exist no other people as despicable as an actual autist.

Only stupid people post on Yea Forums. Except me. I'm not stupid and know how to make guns.

Why didn't Subaru just make a gun?

Attached: 143945867573.jpg (600x599, 45K)

Fuck that's old

He's 90 IQ

Only sub 90 retards like Re:zero

Indeed

Attached: 1522728418596.png (700x1015, 158K)

Maybe we could've had an actually interesting MC instead of some complete retard with an IQ of 60. How the fuck can someone even write a character like this?

Kek I remember when this was spammed 3 years ago time truly flies

Honestly if they kill Betty and Subaru doesn't get Rem back he might as well purge the rest of the world in flame.

Hack writers can't into subtlety have to make the character overtly stupid for a cliche one note arc

>be dumbass
>see random pretty girl
>muh dik
>literally die for her
>still hasent gotten laid

I dropped this shit series by the 4th episode

He was retarded from the very beginning and it had nothing to do with the trauma he suffered. Fuck you

The fuck is all this talk about the whale making everyone forget about Rem?
Wasn't it done by some Witch Cult cardinal, or some shit?

Attached: 34578.jpg (287x321, 21K)

It'd be a fun development to see Subaru revert back to his villain roots after losing everything that is making him a hero though. Making the redemption arcs nil and all his effort in vain makes the suffering and tragedy oh so palpable.

Attached: 554ad1ff39c79bd8b7e9922fc795d307.jpg (736x1144, 214K)

I have actual diagnosed autism and receive neetbux from the government. I can't understand this character's actions.

>being this new

Attached: 1452902801439.gif (208x186, 1.48M)

Doesn't matter. Posting on Yea Forums means your sub 90 retard except me. And I don't like Re:zero. I'm not sub 90 retard after all.

Yes it was, the archbishop of gluttony is also the guy who is currently using Rem's corrupted soul to kill Subaru right now.

>muh self insert

Read the thread
>why MC is not smart like me?

>still hasent gotten laid
Technically he has

Attached: Sex Drive Unlimited.png (779x156, 23K)

Tia's reaction was priceless.

Attached: 1488118670875.png (554x494, 253K)

Ep 17 I think. The whale spits fog that erases your existence. Brainlet Subaru got angry at the merchant then Ram, then Emilia when they didn't remember her. He only figured it out like 5 eps and 2 deaths later randomly.

Attached: 1552123403884.png (600x400, 261K)

Anime onlys need not apply

More like
>why doesn't the mc hit the bar for non retardation
It's not even that he can't be stupid, but he is inhumanly idiotic.

You can fuck off then since it's the discussion of the anime MC.

>waah! I've being proven wrong by the source material!
>I must retrain those who know better than me to continue my shitposting!!
Are you sure you're not the one with 90 IQ?

Attached: 1517603215822.jpg (548x561, 126K)

Again, blame the anime for trying to make him likable when he's not supposed to be. He is an unlikable MC, the villain of the series. He at the time, acts according to that logic, and does it extremely well. He is absolute scum and that's what makes him great. If you can't get through your thick head that concept that has been said over and over and over again not even in this thread over the past THREE years then I have no words for you.

"Smart" anime characters are usually even worse and unbelievable.
Fuck off, "above average intelligence" syndrome zoomers. You are probably butthurt remfags as well.

>how to tell someone who is trying to false-flag 101
Agreeing with us remfags doesn't make you any less of a shitposter for trying to start a waifuwar that Rem already won.

Attached: Someday Subaru.png (1221x478, 64K)

>Subaru, when he wants to survive, acts like reptile
Kek, what a way to put it.

whatever lets you sleep at night, literally

Subaru isn't stupid though his goals are extremely warped, twisted and self-absorbed. He is borderline narcissistic and pretends to be a "protagonist". He is able to problem solve effectively but that flaws that he has are what makes him unlikable.

Attached: 143098765.png (992x2850, 561K)

Best thread up right now. /u/fags get pretty obnoxious but I'd argue that self insertfags have even less self awareness. Both are fucked in the head though.

i'm an aspie and I wouldn't act like him if I was on his shoes
I'll immediately fuck Emilia tho

Nobody cares about your shitty books.

>too much of a brainlet to read books
>decides to shit on something he has very little to no knowledge about
want a banana?

Attached: 1558035815280.jpg (1024x576, 107K)

wait, if the whale make you forget people who's killed by it then why does the old butler remember his dead wife?
wasn't she get killed by the whale?

this is the only anime where I see people trying to justify being retarded and calling out people who claim to be normal brain sized.
wow

Imagine taking pride in something like reading LNs. Jesus christ user.

>Basically nu Yea Forums can't enjoy a character unless they are cell phone tier op with zero flaws.
But Subaru has only flaws.

Attached: 1557983152491.png (519x720, 326K)

>self-insert autist can't understand why he being called you
>why 17 yo anime character NEET has flaws? He's not literally me!
Yes Subaru is not very smart like 20 yo armchair student in Yea Forums.

Imagine taking pride in only watching shit adaptations of shit adaptations of low effort fanfic tier web novels.

Yes, and?

Attached: 66271714.png (1723x1603, 2.62M)

>taking pride
I'm not the original poster and I didn't feel any pride in his words. I haven't even watched this shitshow.

It's equally bad and boring as if he was perfect.

Everyone seems to hate Subaru

Attached: SubaruThink.png (233x491, 141K)

>An actual autistic neet can't even understand him
Why can't people just accept that he's just a complete retard?

Oh so you're just here to shitpost and regurgitate a unfounded, unaccredited, uninformed, secondhand opinion on something that you know almost nothing about due to your need for affirmation and mob mentality? Astounding.

Except you've never experienced it. Which makes your arguments and opinions literally have no weight. You can speculate all you want but like anti-vaxxers. You're fucking retarded.

I'm sorry, what? What have I never experienced? Having only flaws or being perfect?

Reading comprehension is strong with this one.

You need any more adjectives? Your show is straight garb.

>Acting like a retard.
>Calling people retards.
Sasuga Subaru self-insert.

>all the anti-subarufags and self-insertfags inadvertently exposing themselves as brainlets
I can't fucking breathe

Attached: 1477988101454.gif (500x357, 358K)

Its also the only series ive seen where the fandom actively tells people you can only trust one version of the writer's works and that his future novels are going to be tainted by its popularity. Its a werid little shitshow of a series.

>you're doing it wrong because you self insert!
no, it's called nobody I know in real life is that retarded

>Subaru becoming a murderer and an edgelord
I just started Arc 4, are you guys talking about the What IF stories?

See
Seriously are you people just blind or stupid? We've been saying the same thing for THREE YEARS
Nah Subaru also becomes that in the Envy route to a lesser degree, Tappei is building up for something for Subaru to become more than a destroyer of nations in the MU.

Maybe you should go back then?

Anime-onlies need not apply.

The anime seriously fucked up everyone's perception of Subaru and its retarded. People need to stop using the anime as the source for how Subaru is. Subaru in the anime and Subaru in the WN are night and day.

Attached: 1557818857530.jpg (1801x2048, 510K)

Depends how it kills people iirc. Only one method causes the forgetting phenomenon.

Well sorry but i can't read nip and considering that the LN is just as fucked as the anime there's not much to actually read to get the real Subaru experience.
Why the fuck is no one translating the first arc anyways?

Most of what the user stated all happens in the story. The only thing that hasn't happened (yet) is him setting an entire nation on fire. Subaru definitely has set something on fire in the main story but that's a surprise. Plus lots of things point to him being responsible of destroying Re:Zero by the end of the series so look forward to that.

>MU
Web Novel or another sidestory? Please put up with my ignorance, i just finished watching the anime as well

MU is the main universe, Envy route the route everyone is currently following right now. There is the other sin routes as well almost all of them a fun edgefest with the MC going full throttle. All of them are separate timelines.

>anime is not canon!
stop discussing the anime then

The LN doesn't change Subaru much up until Volume 7, when it started getting really popular and the editor started shitting on Tappei's writing. After than it turns into "all characters must be likable" and "MAGIC ROOOOOCKS".

Most of them aren't you guys are.

>Envy route the route everyone is currently following right now
You mean some of the bits on every sidestories are happening on the present timeline at some point (Ayamatsu/Kasaneru = Subaru's relentless killing) and now the parts of Envy sidestory is happening

Anime < Post Volume 7-8 < Manga < Pre-volume 7-8 < WN
Transition from volume 7-8 to WN and you're fine.

Pretty much, all timelines coincide with each other lore-wise. Though the Envy route is the main route the anime and everything is on right now not a side story.

>all timelines coincide with each other lore-wise
Wonder what's gonna happen when the Lust part kicks in

Forgot to clarify the MU IS the Envy route.

>Nobody here realising that Subaru actually has down syndrome, not autism

>I was transported to a different world but my tardwrangler was left behind?!?

>anime subaru never attempted to stab Crusch with a spoon
all they needed to do was adapt that one scene and I was happy

The lust part has already been made, he basically has a harem with all the chicks.

why

You mean harem of Beatrice, Petra and Meili?

>E.Coli
Uhh, what?

>people despite him as realistic
you're even more of a retard than subaru

No, all the King candidates, rem & ram as well as Petra i believe.

Its a joke due to how much of a dick she's being towards the Lord of the Manor, by plotting to kill him.

Attached: C1POMCZUAAA0BfU.jpg (647x591, 52K)

>pretending that LNs are anything but trash
>taking pride in reading LNs
I read actual literature, but even common western novels are masterpieces compared to the average LN.

Why does Subaru remember?

the ESL subaru knight has spoken

Yeah, no. Sucks for you but almost all of them have been coupled off.
Yet here you are shitting on a series you literally have not watched or read. If I wanted an idiot's opinion I'd go to Facebook and look at the walls of anti-vaxxers.

user, just because you can't differentiate between who is talking about WN Subaru and who is talking about anime Subaru doesn't make you smart. Nor does it make you any smarter calling people ESL with your lack of reading comprehension.

revive magic?

>SUBARU ISNT DUMB
>Proceeds to get shanked by a giant scorpion multiple times
>While hanging out with a mysterious new girl whose title is the fucking SCORPIO
>When Subaru himself is an astronomy buff
Anons Subaru is famously fucking dumb

This is why dumb obnoxiously loud people should all be shot

Friend, you called out anons shittalking the anime. How did you arrive at the conclusion that anyone takes pride in watching this?

Discord shitpsoting will destroy re:zero threads

Isn't that when Subaru had his memories erased and started hearing voices/mind trembling prior to that? I mean he was fucking dumb at that moment but considering he is currently a walking alzheimer's patient with schizophrenia nobody was surprised.

>Sucks for you but almost all of them have been coupled off

I don't understand, why would I care about that.
The If-part exists though, in case you're questioning it's existence.
megalodon.jp/2014-0402-0109-20/ncode.syosetu.com/n2267be/270/

Oh you meant that. I thought you meant the MU. Tappei is probably rewriting LUST IF though considering he deleted it.

He got his memories of the time hes been in the world eaten though not his memories of life before.
Mind you the scorpion showed up before then anyway though admittedly wasnt an issue early on.

Yeah, probably

Different person mate.
Don't know what I've expected of a subarufag.

So you're just another user who is suddenly championing another person's losing argument? Nice.

Honestly I really like RE;Zero, and Subaru's likeable enough, but there's something frustrating about the fact that he still can't fucking defend himself and needs to rely on everyone else after all this time.

No, I was the one you replied to.

Ah so you're still an idiot who is still arguing over a topic something you have little to no experience on. Want a banana?

If on top of literally being Impossible to kill for good, he also had powerful abbilities which make him Not having to rely in Others, he would be too OP

In arc 5 Subaru has enough competency to defend himself, he still gets jobbed by Archbishops and cultists though. Normal bandits and small beasts for him are manageable at least.

Attached: 58990527.jpg (5204x3028, 3.71M)

Subaru really needs to infiltrate more events via cross dressing more often.

Attached: 97c649c451da81cb7b83760a5866d0160824313c.jpg (580x834, 106K)

wat

so, just like I thought, it's literally the case of author being brainlet trying to emulate Sherlock Holmes and getting faggot with magical powers instead.

this is newcomblike shit all over again. just because the author created a sequence of events that specifically incentivizes irrational behavior doesn't mean that natively irrational agents can be described as 'intelligent' or 'pragmatic'

Literally not what the AUs are about but ok.

>Is this what it is like to be a sub 90 IQ retard?
Yep. Easily relatable character for me.

the worst thing, he doesn't even learn from his mistakes and hurdles he had already overcome. Next time some incident happens, he does the same stupid shit again and again.

Is it me or is Subaru's faction turning into a rouge gallery? We got three daughters all who have murdered or is planning to murder in cold blood. Witches that he is on good terms with, two demon sisters, two bastard beast children, a brood mother, suicide bombing clones, an insane clown, a hitman, and a lich for support.

They generally just shat on the fan with all the characters honestly. Even didn't include Brotto till close to the very end. Its worse when the anime has Subaru pretty much luck out instead of actually solving the problems like in the novels.

Attached: 14987654345.jpg (708x1000, 466K)

The mist, I believe.

Powerful abilities like
>foresight: being able to estimate what certain actions would result in if he knkws certainparameter
>lesser mind reading: being able to guess what people are thinking when having vision on them, only works with races the user knows
>opening the well of knowledge: whenever in uncertain situations the user can seek out people he recognizes as a source of knowledge and try to attain it from them
>calmness of mind: being able to calm down raging emotion to a normal level and prevent them from taking over decision making
>+1 int: doubles characters intelligence
Yeah, he would dominate world in no time.

Personally I'm more upset they didn't do the arcs character progression justice. Subaru started out as sort of likable in the anime when he was a nutter in the novels, you really got to see progress on his character and you feel a bit proud of him once it wraps around arc 3 to being not an absolute shitbag thanks to Rem. Lots of that magic is lost in its adaptation. Which is sad since Subaru in arcs 4-6 were absolutely based in the WN but I heard Kadowaka is going to ruin that in season 2 as well.

Looks like a perfectly normal party to me.

Attached: 1548620745375.jpg (2221x1681, 715K)

I guess I don't get why OP dude doesn't just ask for a blessing that makes 100 of him so he can be everywhere at once.

>my friends are business partners and I'm cutting my losses when he won't buy me drink

dude wtf

when I was taking drugs with my friend, I never made him pay for those, so in total he would owe me 1000 pounds. It didn't even occured to me until you started argumenting with some shitty juice. He's a friend, I want to enjoy things with him, everything else doesn't matter.

Subaru is a scumbag, period. If he really loves Emilia, he would just keep on saving her, no questions asked, because he would understand how time loops fuck up everything. For some reason though, he expects her to REPAY the favor. What? Can you really repay ,,saving life"? Isn't she, like, your lover, so you are going to save her 100%, every fucking single time - because you love her? It's not fucking trade agreement. But yea, Subaru is a egoistical faggot, so he views Emilia like a fucking item, not a person.

>self-insert, self insert wolololo I can't read
being able to connect and understand a character is called empathy. I can understand motives of male rapist, but currently I can't self-insert as one. I can understand motives of scared little girl at haunted house, my empathy allows me to do that while I am adult, strong male.

I cannot follow Subaru's stupid shit, because that's the type of a faggot which I would be happy to punch in the face irl. If not for enjoyable setting and everything else about series, I would simply stop and forget about this anime.

the only reason he's still alive is plot armor.

There is nothing evil about using jihad to dispatch your enemies.

Attached: 1477896186290.jpg (1352x1150, 280K)

Smart people don't act retarded all the time, like he does.

Tappei is said to direct season 2 so all hope is not lost. Maybe he'll adapt the WN version instead of the LN.

Attached: CvcFBsYVYAIif-W.jpg (527x1199, 61K)

>still believing in the IQ meme

Attached: f82.jpg (1024x576, 77K)

Alright while I'm not that user I'm going to say this seriously, read the fucking WN. Subaru in the WN is not stupid compared to his anime counterpart, he instead is just a really fucked up mess of a person.

Attached: 147576757.png (895x935, 113K)

Rem is reddit

Attached: 6s4jnfhe92331.png (1500x1920, 1.64M)

This user has a right idea.
youtube.com/watch?v=BOvAbjfJ0x0
>You're legitimately an asshole if you autistically keep some kind of mental ledger of the debts you hold between friends
Not really. It just a test which determines how reliable this person is.
It's ok to just hang out with the person who conveniently forgets all unspoken rules, it's not ok to start a project with them.

>being not an absolute shitbag thanks to Rem
Fuck did the director anger me with the exclusion of this. Subaru's dynamic with Rem is probably the most important thing in the series and they even fucked that up. Hell, even doujins are more accurate to how their relationship was actually like.

Attached: 0899.png (392x1493, 848K)

He would have died right at the start in that dirty alley.

Reddit is ok, then.

And the series would have been better off for it.

>kazuma in the lead
>still not a comedy so everyone would slap his shit in more quickly
>he doesn't have a party of sub iq idiots to lead by default so at best he'd be a boring member of a regular party like his party switch in the books
>all he has going for him is luck and decent wit if you take him out of his universe
>also ignoring the fact that Kazuma and Subaru are essentially the same guy before dropping off in their new world
Just becau se e a protagonist is written slightly more competently doesn't mean he's perfect for any and all situations in other genres and stories. He's just good for his niche, and this story setting is definitely not his niche.

>also ignoring the fact that Kazuma and Subaru are essentially the same guy before dropping off in their new world
That's just plain wrong though

IQ still works downwards, it's only useless separating above average people.

Pranks soon

Attached: 1477433038846.jpg (1720x676, 187K)

>lol Kazuma is just like Subaru

>you either want your character to be a 200iq keikaku master or a absolute retard like subaru
How about a mc with an average intellect or just a slightly witty mc coming up with smart ideas sometimes? Subaru is literally just retarded, there's nothing normal or relatable about that.

Why is Saike superior in every way to Subaru?

Attached: MR-350989-605599-1.jpg (869x1302, 330K)

Just from that statement we know you're below average.

IFs*

The IF shit is not canon. They don't exist in the main canon story. Tappei has never said that the main story is "Envy route".

>first ep
>mc gets isekaid
>mostly normal human in new world, get some minor hero buff
>try hero stuff and fail because scrub
>turn to crime and harass defensless NPCs
>squad of knights come from capital
>they put down the mc and band
>turns out people get summoned regularly and most turn out to be scum
>show is actually about hunting down rogue heros

>that fucking face
What is wrong with him?

You're not supposed to amazed or impressed by Subaru you mongoloid, he's portrayed as deeply flawed, cowardly, and socially inept all the time. The story is good because Return By Death forces him, a whiny un-protagonist-like loser, to solve typical isekai problems.

Bad taste

Should have replace him with the slime