Who's your favorite anime villain?

Who's your favorite anime villain?

Attached: 01gpt0x9qbt111.jpg (1108x1120, 350K)

Raoh you FUCK

Attached: pGXYwuS.jpg (400x444, 46K)

>judging a character only by motivation
I hate these lists.

Name a good villain with a bad motive.

Squealer best boy.

Itachi is a shit villain

Dio

>Raoh in shit tier
Please kys
Additionally Raoh vs Toki was peak fight for motivations, characters, style and conclusion. A peak that still today is unreachable indeed.

Attached: toki-vs-roah.png (640x480, 379K)

This.All his decisions are literally retarded and his entire story makes no sense whatsoever.

The fact that the major is an ex nazi officer is incidental

They fit the template though.
You can argue that the template itself is retarded like
did, and I would wholeheartedly agree.
But I don't think I have misplaced them on the chart.

I don't know much about hunter x hunter, drifters(?), or naruto, but the rest of these are awesome villains.
Frieza maybe not because he really overstayed his welcome.

Swap antispiral and Tetsuo

Embryo-sama

Attached: 1544620767490.jpg (1280x720, 362K)

He was good when he was an actual villain. They jumped the shark with the actually a good guy and made him seem like an incompetent idiot rather than the genius he was supposed to be.

Since when Major Montana was a better than hero? He is just a robot with program beep poop.

Attached: Yumie.png (1920x1090, 540K)

Squealer is a hero who lost, not a villain

Who is they?

Where's Garou on that list?

Attached: One-Punch-Man-2-03-09.jpg (853x480, 45K)

How the hell are Hisoka's motives a mystery?
He spells out EXACTLY why he does everything he does, he loves to fight and does whatever he can to get the best fights.

Well, at least it's better than the one with fucking Shishio in mid tier.

>Yoshii
>Villain

>motivation is what makes a good villain
the plebbest opinion.

Deny it all you want. My humanity is not in question. I still have that one trait that puts us in ascendance even above the angels. It is my will that drives me. The vampires that you were so happy to keep in your employ...without the life blood of others to keep them going, they would shamble to a halt. If it's a monster you want, look no further than Alucard , and this little one, playing at immortality. Don't mention me in the same breath as that fraud. The moment I am propelled by my own unadulterated will, I become heir to something Alucard can only steal. Even if I were reduced to nothing more than a brain in a jar, synapses firing in a sea of pure thought... I am human just like you are. Within me rests a human soul...and a human's will, precious beyond all worth. He smiles at you in the form of a young girl, or pulls at your heartstrings in the form of a weary veteran. So many faces the monster has, and all of them stolen, all of them lies. I despise him. Every cell in my body called for his annihilation. So I destroyed his kingdom and cast him down into the dust. Fitting that it took a man with the trappings of a monster, to slay a monster with the trappings of a man. He was a casualty to my will. 'My enemy is not human. My enemy is less than a human.' Since the earliest dawning of mankind, this is the battlecry...it just happened to be more literal in my case. That battlecry...those thoughts are running through your thoughts right now, aren't they? I planted the seeds of this war half a century ago...now, show me what has blossomed.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 51K)

Hisoka is not even a villain lmao

trump

Gilgamesh

> implying motives is the only feature and measure of a character
Always hated those pics maden by low-IQs.

>muh chaos and primitive need for violence to feel alive
Literally spitting on humanity's striving to achieve a peaceful paradise for their offspring to be able to achieve self actualization.

Attached: 1528760548058.jpg (529x480, 26K)

and that's a good thing

Bro I'm Jewish and I still love the Major.

Out of all those there are 2 decent villains and 8 utter shit tier. Notably the first 4 are garbage.

This shit is the reason why writers keep trying to make "deep" villains, just make an entertaining one. Freeza is still uncontested in anime villain category and he didn't have a Greta motive or anything.

lust for power is obviously a motive superior to that of some dumbass anime protagonist
if youre able to get some sort of power, get it and retain it, exercising your will to power

Writers keep trying to make sympathetic villains right now and it's getting old, not every bad guy needs a sad backstory.

How does the Major have a good motive again? I may be misremebering it but wasnt his goal simply to beat alucard? Or was it to simply have one last good scrape? Or both its been awie. One is essentially rivalry/revenge the other is borderline shits and giggles. Then again if you consider Alucards motives wanting to die more-a-less I guess they are better. The elder god criteria is bad since it doesnt establish a criteria for how good the heros motives are. What if both want to be top fighter but the hero wants to do it for money but the villian wants to do it to save his sister? Not a super interesting character or wildly different motive not sure that alone makes them a great villian. Not sure why I care about this.

Watch episodes 19 and 20, you won't be saying that anymore.

Yoshikage Kira is damn good antagonist but hot damn is his motive fucking stupid

This was the chase up until Chrollo pushed his shit in, now he's just going scorched earth on the Phantom troupe for the fuck of it

Elder god tier and shit tier are my favorites, If the character fits then a Villain who just fucks shit up because he can is pretty entertaining.

Attached: 1546280716154.jpg (1280x720, 44K)

oya oya oya

Attached: __bondrewd_made_in_abyss_drawn_by_akakage_red__d2cec58fd554dfe965e2f69d3cd8a45e.jpg (800x1129, 473K)

I love a fun villain who just enjoys being evil but I it's not very popular.

pic not related? She isn't a villain

based

Pitiful tier: Villain is so pathetic you can't help but feel sorry for them

Attached: 1539982659818.jpg (2152x2000, 1.82M)

His goal was to beat alucard, yes, but not for revenge.
He wanted to prove the power of his human will against an aberration that disguised itself as human.
You can disagree with this, but for me it made him quite sympathetic and interesting. It also helped that he was a fairly entartaining villain overall.

i cri every time

Attached: 2323423.jpg (1138x875, 85K)

Where do villains belong who simply forgot why they started their shit to begin with

Attached: 5c9a050a2797402bf1096ae0d42e111b56394279_hq.jpg (500x433, 29K)

>Kira
>good
Kira has a truly astounding case of plot induced stupidity

Maybe an interesting character wouldn't fit in any template list.

Doesnt that make his motives borderline the same as Alucard then? All he wants to do is die in battle to a human foe. You get the feeling Alucard is just done with the situation after Anderson gives up his humanity.

>Shitachi
>Great tier
Would have been a good chart, but with this mistake it's just another fodder.

My boy Desler is the best villain of all time. Great motive and he just keeps coming back to rebuild Gamilus and prove how cool he is.

Attached: desler.jpg (480x360, 18K)

Hisoka

The retirement home tier.

The Ogre. Also Aizen-sama.

Attached: ZBPE3ui_d.jpg (640x392, 41K)

This
>muh pacifism
>but let me torture Kakashi for 72 hours instead of knocking him out lmao

His motive is not good, it's just kinda neutral. Definitely not "arguably better than the hero's".

Not just that, a villain who made for underage edgy teens can be nothing but liquid shit-tier.

>major
>villain
he is hero who bombed the shit out of brit retards it was the best scene where germans payed back for what anglo scum did to germany

that doesn't mean he's not a fantastic villain

*has been

Can it be considered plot induced stupidity when he's legitimately stupid as fuck, though? It's not like he's presented as an intelligent character and suddenly becomes retarded when the plot demands it. He's a cartoonish dumbass from the get-go and constantly gets fucked over by his own stupidity. Kira isn't a character written with much depth or logic, but he's such an entertaining disaster.

Attached: kira.gif (480x270, 3.26M)

Attached: fixed.png (1108x1324, 1.82M)

Mary Sue villains are the worst.
Name one thing this guy failed or didn't go his way.
He even gets his way when he doesn't even understand the protagonist's plans and just wins through sheer luck or bullshit chance.
If he wasn't entertaining, I would have dropped this a long time ago.

Attached: 1558771013153.jpg (1033x1500, 315K)

Funny Valentine

>does it for her children
I think she might be elder God tier

Attached: Bplus.jpg (1280x1810, 350K)

not a villain

Makishima

Kira

a good villain imo. is someone who's entertaining with a sense of mystery surrounding his character and motifs

Attached: 1520260297481.png (540x517, 125K)

i liked the "good person gets eternally cucked by the mc and is driven insane by a thirst revenge even though the rivalry is completely one sided and all in their head and the actual mc doesn't give a fuck about them" type villains

Attached: 4574745.gif (300x225, 989K)

Pic related, holy shit. He is my ever-favorite comic relief.

Junge, hast du nicht eine Schule zu besuchen?

Generic "intelligent" psychopath whose whole intelligence is to quote philosophers and other guys.

He wasn't really a villain or an antagonist though. He was just someone the crew were hired to take out. I guess you could say he was a villain to Ed, but even that is a stretch.

Gas yourself maggot

This guy is the best villain of all time.

Attached: slne.png (1600x900, 773K)

DIO.

>lefty has no sense of humor
Checks out.

we jobin?

Attached: jobin.png (339x504, 317K)

Science isn't evil.

>has no sense of humor
anime is serious business

Ide say hes one of those villians that not infallable but the "heroes" are just so stupid and incompetent that its not even funny. Great guy though that mr saito wish he were my uncle.

What part of that makes him a good villain

This is actually an excellent example of villain who would be "elder god tier" according to this idiotic chart, but is in fact just a piece of garbage.

These lists are stupid because all of these can be done well or poorly, but Char is in the Elder God Tier and is a pretty fucking great villain.

Attached: a CHAR.png (1200x649, 720K)

Raoh and then Frieza. Fuck those other nancies in the list.

>muh contrarianism
Fuck off, Yea Forums loved Psycho Pass when it came out.

You mean "realistic tier : a villain with flawes, emotions and ambitions who act evil for obtain what he want while suffering and struggling for it

Not really. I was also there.

>Science isn't evil.
Justifying your actions with the term 'progress requires sacrifice' can make you the best villain possible. If their goal is something the viewer can relate to, like exploration or finding a cure to a plague, you can also understand their determination/obsession. Most villains fall into the 'what are you even doing' hole at one point because they have to push the plot.

Attached: 1552621665315.jpg (1920x1080, 54K)

Char isn't the villain, he's the main character and focal hero of early UC.

Villains like this work very well if they are set up like a force of nature, like Kazuo in Battle Royale.

I fucking hated this guy.

Attached: sasf.jpg (1280x720, 61K)

>Justifying your actions with the term 'progress requires sacrifice' can make you the best villain possible.
Post WW2 Japan would approve of this

Attached: Villain.jpg (1294x1308, 508K)

reminder that villains are evil antagonists, an antagonist by itself doesn't have to be evil

He could have just chilled and get any job he wants with his intellect and perfect psycho pass.

Well this was best way to end war anyway regardless of importance for science.

He is a 30 year old fully grown man now. He should have moved past his teenage nihilistic angst phase of being mad at the world for being born and having to suffer. And his plan is riddled with holes like future inheritors potentially reversing the sterilization, the rest of the world attacking later on once their tech overcomes the wall titans, Historia and her child potentially dying from childbirth, or one of the inheritors being assassinated.
>if you kill your race, you win

Attached: 1559512991997.png (602x600, 203K)

>retarded /pol/ shitter uses "efty"
Oh i'm laffin OH I'M LAFFIN! You people are taken as a joke for a reason. Kill yourself

You already posted him, god I miss him.

Attached: yoshii7.jpg (262x276, 8K)

>anti-spiral
>only obeying their nature
whoever made this chart is a retard

He rebelled against a delusional utopia.

>ELDER ELDER GOD TIER
A Villain whos motives are arguable more justified then the 'heroes to the point they themselves can be considered the hero, and they are so well written they transcend childish writing troupes like "villainy" all together, and become Antagonist.

reminder that just by virtue of being considered a "villian" or "hero", that character is low tier.
A truly well written character is either a protagonist or antagonist, evil isn't necessarily attributed to them.

Attached: Reiner_Braun_character_image_%28850%29.png (350x350, 196K)

Definitely a villain

Kumagawa and Ajimu

Attached: medaka_box_volumen_13_by_codegeman-d4i7yz1.jpg (719x1110, 243K)

>future inheritors potentially reversing the sterilization
That's the only loophole. You think Zeke really gives that much of a fuck about the next 50 years when he's in the mindset that he's going to bring a 1000 years of peace?

In the movie we see what's the fucking alternative of bastard countries not following the psycho pass system.

Sure, some people get chemically castrated, and sure, some get locked in for having "weird thoughts" but as a whole society has become so peaceful that people don't even comprehend violence anymore. We can not meet every need and desire, but the Psycho Pass world is a damn good approximation.

Not to mention the complete naivety of thinking removing Eldians will substantially improve the world. Might as well kill all humanity to save them from future suffering using his logic. The world of SNK will likely have its own version of WW1 and WW2 or some mass war that causes immense carnage

>anti-villian, meurem
lmao what a joke, 99% of his actually are based on retarded false parallels, the reality is he's just as cartoonishly evil as any low tier villains whose "justification" is based in their lack of understanding of the world.

Squealer (Shinsekai yori)

Attached: squealer.jpg (225x350, 26K)

>Spends years kidnapping hundreds of child orphans into a literal hellhole
>Tortures and experiments on them turning them into freaks of nature if not just killing them outright or turning them into lunchboxes
>Does the same to his own daughter after manipulating her from birth to want to sacrifice herself for him
>Does all of this with absolutely no malice for the sake of scientific discovery to ultimately improve their society
>Despite knowing all this the "heroes" have no choice but to leave him be because they just can't kill him
>Gets away with everything

Attached: 31302142.jpg (460x460, 34K)

Kumagawa just wanted to beat the main characters.

Attached: 1352579088817.png (706x357, 63K)

I always want to read this and then I get bored in the first chapters

dont worry there are plenty of low tier battle shouene shits for you to read where people are just bad just because

Villains who are doming mommies

Attached: SAO quinella breast stroke.webm (1280x720, 2.64M)

obito belong in the king of elder gods tier

Reminder that no one likes you :)

this. the anti-spiral race did what they did because they thought it was the best way to safeguard the universe. they were only the antagonist because of their methods.

Suppress everyone to stop problems from happening? Or let problems occur and take action when they do? That is the question posed.

high

watashi wa не sprechen on alema

Attached: 1455338890237.jpg (480x482, 31K)

in what "situation" does the Zaoldyeck family find themselves exactly that being evil is out of their control?

do you mean that they grew up with assassination imparted to them along with regular education? because if that's the case, while sort of true, they are also adult human beings and nothing stops them from Killuaing their way out of the assassination business through moral choice

Gutter trash tier.

>Piccolo
>good villain
Choose one

>The villain's motive is completely understandable and makes you want him to achieve it

Attached: Aechmea.png (400x600, 91K)

>but as a whole society has become so peaceful that people don't even comprehend violence anymore
And that's supposed to be a good thing?

Really? Most shonen villains I can think of are the sad backstory kind.

>have no choice but to leave him be because they just can't kill him
i have a bad memory but didn't they spare his life? i mean all they had to do was destroy the relic and the rest of his clones but choose not to.

No, humans want to be free and being human means to overcome destructive instincts as a whole and to stand up for common values. A society can't be entitlement to take the personal will to grow as a person, to be a decent human being has to be a choice not a requirement. You can see that for example in China where you can get points for certain behaviour and so on. Problem is that China created on of the most desensitised generation ever, they lack any kind of sympathy.

Bonbon is like those farmers who name their pigs.

>Frieza
>shit tier
He doesn't lust for power, he already has it
Also he's sexy as fuck
All of his actions are made with the intent of enjoying himself and protecting the power he already has

Attached: Zeke_Yeager_character_image_%28850%29.png (350x350, 164K)

DAYOOOOOOOOOOOOON

Attached: osomatsukun.jpg (1280x720, 176K)

Part 4 fags are legit mentally ill. Kira is a bland boring fuck villain that retards obsess over for literally no reason

should have just asked platinum games to do the remake

Attached: 1529250036994.webm (444x764, 1.52M)

Show nose or GTFO

Zeke, and by extent Reiner, are the best villains in this thread. Extremely unique, well written, complicated characters. It's criminal that characters this good are so rare in this medium.
Yoshii is fantastic, too. But he is arguably not even a villain.

>all they had to do was destroy the relic and the rest of his clones
He still had a bunch of bodies left he could jump to and its not like he would've sit back and let them kill him. They just barely survived him and they only fought him because he was an obstacle to their journey. Once he changed his ambition they decided to just cut their losses and leave since he wouldn't attack them anymore. Technically it was he who spared them

Attached: 15 (1).png (1128x1600, 748K)

Attached: 311557.jpg (225x350, 23K)

The first arc is fuckin garbo. Just watch the anime because Gainax knows how to jangle keys in front of your face just right. Then pick up the manga where the anime leaves off because that's when it gets actually really good.

but he is not a villan

>raoh in the same tier as frieza
what the fuck, he's at least elder god tier

Not according to the template

antagonist=/=villain
He can be kind of a douche sometimes but that doesn't make one evil.

This but unironically.

>piccolo

Attached: 29035ECB-D3FA-44E2-9425-1931CBE70967.jpg (668x600, 78K)

daily reminder that there hasn't been a single villian to meet or surpass Meruem

Attached: 1541799828403.jpg (1200x675, 65K)

Kyuubey is literally working to save the universe. In what way is he "just following his nature"?

excuse me but hisoka isn't villain he's a subversion of the villain trope

based hunter chad

Attached: 1547505391762.jpg (1280x720, 58K)

>justifiable
Reiner's development is realizing he's a villain all along and what he's done is completely unjustifiable, power of friendship is the only thing keeping him going

Attached: 009.jpg (1066x1600, 515K)

i see thanks for the explanation. i should reread the whole thing

attempting to exterminate a people who made a deal with demons who had just previously subjugated the entire world and would do it again is entirely justifiable

The actions of a race that has no understanding of feeling and is incapable of sympathy are always evil for a race that does. Because of their view on how the universe works they didn't even bother to look for a way that wouldn't mean suffering for another race.

You’ve got that upside down.

absolutely retarded taste user

Attached: gross.jpg (225x225, 9K)

>SergeantMajorGross (thumbnail) (whitewashed)
cringe

God tier villains are racist fascist sexist white man

Attached: 1560093341320.png (1125x1600, 2.3M)

>SergeantMajorGross
based

>eating up propaganda is justifiable
Most other warriors see through the bullshit even when they were children
Hell, Reiner ironically caused it to happen. The attack which he forced Bert and Annie to go through caused Eren and by extension the Yeagerists as well as citizens to become revenge ragetards

Which tier is this fella

Attached: 2sac4x04.jpg (300x169, 11K)

>some hilarously bad anime about dudes fingering each other keeps getting praised on Yea Forums
I'm not even surprised

>implying the propaganda is or was wrong

guy who wants money and power

>virgin
>information warfare specialist
>manufactures social unrest
>spreads false info
/ourguy/ tier

how the actual fuck is it possible that chief read his name as Hitori when it's Kazundo?

What the absolute fuck! Kyubey belongs in elder god. Have you watched Madoka or are you just throwing shit on your list to fill space?

Attached: 54F2BA99-51C1-4678-8CA4-D0A6C1A061C9.jpg (730x600, 65K)

I believe he’s the greatest anime villain of all time.

/pol/ is your favorite villain?

His internal monologue lately is struggling to comprehend why Eren is trying so hard when he'll just be dead in a little while, too. He's sounding fascinated by the idea of believing in things that can keep guns out of your mouth.

Madara and Obito are better villains than Itachi.
Both were drawn to the darkside, because of their past and the time they were born in. They lived in a time in which they were shunned because of their power, despite having contributed more (arguably) to the building of Konoha. Their motive was to bring peace to the entire ninja world.
Itachi just got tricked by Danzo into murdering the Uchiha and started to work for the real villains mentioned above.
Madara and Goku Black/Zamasu are elder God tier villains, because they loathed humanity as a whole and deemed them irredeemable. They did their best to try and see the world in other ways, but the stupidity of humanity forced them to do what they did.

3 characters in the top 4 don't have this and it makes sense, because they are shitty final bosses.
Hell, the Nazi and Itachi aren't even final bosses in their own anime.

Scar is a anti-hero, not a villain
That Kyuubi thing from Madoka is great tier, because he is incapable of seeing why what he's doing is wrong.

Great villains tried to see things the other way, but were forced back into doing evil.
Meh villains have a backstory that explains how they became villains, but then their arc stopped
Good villains are villains are villains who do their job and don't need a lot of backstory.
Freeza is a good villain, but every villain P5 (for lack of better example) is a good villain too.
They do their thing and we have nothing to complain about.
They only become meh if the author tries too hard

There is no thing as villain with a better motive than the hero, you complete and utter nimrods.

>in this topic, edgy teenagers and pathetic man-children prove just how stupid they really are.

/Pol/ is worst girl

Garou > ALL

Manchild-tier
>Associates heroes with popularity, often far from the case in OPM universe especially those who work outside HA
>I-it's not fair that one side always loses! When he meets actual people of that side he's disgusted
>literally stuck in children's tv cartoons mindset where he tries to find the hero to beat up for the episode and never actually kills anyone

If Itachi is Great-tier, what's Nagato/Pain?

Attached: 1560149566573.gif (500x288, 2.02M)

>Frieza is literally the real estate bubble impersonated
>shit tier
really makes you think

Garou

Because he is fun and entertaining. He appears on the surface to be a calculating Hannibal Lector style serial killer, until you realize that he is just a really composed autistic dumbass.

Anime Max Stirner

Attached: 134152-Monogatari_Series-anime-anime_boys-Kaiki_Deishu-748x421.jpg (748x421, 39K)

Kushimoto

Alucard's is to find a human that could kill him, regardless of the fact that unless he lets it happen that is impossible for a normal man.
The Major's is to kill the greatest monster in the world to prove that humanity is better.

As far as I can see it, the Major's is better than Alucard's. If you see Seras as the heroine than she doesn't really have a goal outside of serve the Hellsing Org.

But he's hypocritical in that pursuit. If he wanted to fight only the strongest, he would have tracked down Isaac and fought him before the story even started. The guy is just a sociopath that likes to feel superior so he only targets those weaker than him.

Low tier Shonen start off fights/arcs with bad because they're evil villains and then at the end of the arc/fight give a five minute flashback telling the viewer why the villain was actually justified all along.

Leorio did literally nothing wrong though

I want the ending to be that the outside world invades for reasons completely unrelated to the plot and just fuck everyone up because they are the equivalent of backwards hicks.

I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with any of these archetypes. they can all be done badly or great.

High tier based on the template

In what way? He's just a sociopathic murderer.

Yeah same it can be enjoyable if the villain is a likable dude.
No not related.

Well, yep, they are just reacting on Major's actions. You may consider their motive to be "protect Britain from invaders".
Anyway comparing goals while completely ignoring methods makes no sense.

I can find a lot of faults in the Major's motives. Like creating a hellish nazi army of vampires, werewolves, and cyborgs all for the purpose of attacking an enemy of his former party just so he can create an opening to force feed Alucard a quantum phenomenon.

The whole "killing everyone in England" plan isn't something I can get behind one bit. Not to mention the attacks in South America and on the british navy. Yeah he wanted to kill a monster but let's not forget that as bad as Alucard is, he's been on a leash for a couple centuries.

The Major is a total asshole and irredeemable, but his opponent Alucard is a mass murdering psychopath that only serves Integra and doesn't slaughter the world because of some idea of honor or something.

The Major's methods are what make it so hard to say, "this guy has a point", but if you just go by the base reasons for his actions, they are in my opinion pretty good. Its just the actions themselves are terrible.

Elder god tier right here.

Attached: qsjidtf8ldxz.png (960x951, 1.13M)

This thread is full of cucks. Keep being a sheep bitchboi

How are Great Tier and Mid Tier villains any different? Both groups are simply acting based on their nature and conscience, because they have to, if they want to continue to exist. Their motivations and purpose in life are similar.

>that only serves Integra and doesn't slaughter the world because of some idea of honor or something.
But that's a big thing. The major wants to kill a guy who at least for 1 more generation is subservient to humanity and doesn't pose a threat to anything that doesn't go bump in the night. The major's motives would be more defensible if Alucard was running rampant but given the circumstances he doesn't get the high ground to stand on. So both his actions and motives are petty and terrible in cost.

He only wanted to kill alucard because he hated the guy and had his own brush with temptation. It was purely selfish so I stand by saying he doesn't belong in Elder-God tier.

anti-spiral is elder god tier by that definition

There is no guarantee that Alucard will remain subservient into the future. Integra had a spine and was strong, but she had no children and I doubt many close relatives.
What happens after she kicks the bucket? Or if the person that takes over after her is weak?

Personally I don't mind his selfishness because Alucard is a monstrous abomination, in the most literal sense of the phrase. He is too dangerous to let live in my opinion.

>muh motivation
Shit meme

His story was retconnected 100%

Best Antagonist, because villains are for shitty manga.

Attached: Kuroki_Gensai would marry.png (500x500, 173K)

Completely wrong. First acting on your nature and acting according to your conscience are completely different things.
Mid Tier are villains who are animal-like and act on their instincts so while they do evil it's hard to blame them for it because they are not aware of it.
Great tier are not animal-like and if they are trying to survive it's not just because they are acting on their instinct but because that is also rational human behavior. They are acting on their conscious decisions but frequently have to choose between equally bad options for reasons that are out of their control.

Its hard to be a villain when almost every character is a madman that makes a living beating people to shit. Kuroki himself is an assassin, who's probably killed a lot of people.

Major was the ultimate villain, no strong motivations, no goals aside destruction, just plain revengeful for the sake of it, he wasn't even even evil. I enjoy that type of character if they are well introduced. In Hellshing Ultimate worked pretty well.

he is tragic hero

Attached: 1560171624581.gif (316x306, 1.05M)

>kyuubey
>mid tier
>obeying their nature, to survive
OP you dumbass, Kyuubey is a hivemind organism whose species is so technologically advanced they're past the point where they would be concerned about their private survival. He gets killed off multiple times only to brush it off and come back.

I find these ratings weird because I like to have a variety of villains with a variety of different types of motivations.

>not featuring the most evil and best villain there is

Attached: Piccolo Daimao.jpg (640x480, 32K)

Who do you think was the villain with the best motivation (even better than the MC)?
Who do you think was the most pathetic villain? Their motivations were lame or made no sense.
And who do you think would have been a great villain but mangaka/director wasn't able to make it work?

Garou is high tier there.
But in actuality Garou is BEST tier. He's the villain-hero mix done exactly right. I care about him more than I do about heroes and Garou can make a great MC for the series on his own. Perfect delivery of the character's concept by ONE.

Attached: 1557951537153.png (662x1040, 1.04M)

> It was purely selfish so I stand by saying he doesn't belong in Elder-God tier.
According to idiotic op chart - no. But he is still pretty good villain.

pls show nose desu~
say oy vey desu~

Well executed villains.

It doesn't matter how much "muh motives" you throw at your creation, chances are it won't be nearly as stand out as something like Gilgamesh or Dio.

The biggest thing that people forget is to make their protagonist and antagonist fun. The spend so much time angsting over the character's backstory that they forget to make them entertaining. DIO is simple as can be, but he's fun as hell which makes him entertaining.

Friend. only that that makes him even more evil and despicable.

I'll just leave this here.

Attached: anime villains.png (962x1120, 882K)

Plebs think they need to agree with the villain's views for him to be a good villain.
Patricians know that villain who are irredeemably evil yet amusingly charismatic are the actual good villains.

>that Light
Jesus fuck, how retarded are you.

t. worthless degenerate who would have been killed by Light

i like that poster though

Shit taste.

You don't count as a person.

Attached: hanekawa_tsubasa_by_scriptedillusion-d6jt0m2.png (774x1032, 250K)

>Raoh
>just evil for power
Based speedreader

Amusingly Aizen fits both high and shit tier. He does seek to change society, but he is also obsessed with gaining power and is an evil asshole who tortures and mocks people for fun.

You really didn't get the message of the series, did you? Also Light is an anti-hero, not a villain.

Light was a villain protagonist.

>motivation is what makes or breaks a character
Absolutely retarded. What matters is the story, and how the character contributed to it. Frieza is one of the GOAT villains despite being one dimensional because that's exactly what the story needed him to be. Meanwhile Aizen is a dogshit villain beyond the memes.

>Dragon Ball
>story

He actually started as an anti-hero (mix of heroic and unheroic qualities, morally ambiguous) and became more of a villain as the plot progressed.

I may be missing something but his motivation has never been fully explained. What wrong with the soul king? How exactly the world would change after his death? And why Aizen wants it? These unanswered quastions make him just a lazy-written mediocre shit.

Attached: Animevillains.png (762x1120, 786K)

Aizen has an internal sense of morality though. He told Yhwach to fuck off and even helped Ichigo fight him in the end. He's not really the one dimensional destroy the world for the sake of destroying the world type of villain.

A lot of it is speculation. But with the way Kubo depicted the poorest parts of the Soul Society in Renji/Rukia and Kenpachi's backstory, it's pretty clear that it's not a perfect place. And the Captains being told to execute Rukia, the whole thing comes off as very authoritarian. Aizen vaguely talks about creating a new world. You could make the assumption that he wanted to challenge the Soul Society and their entire social system. It kinda shows in the way he runs Hueco Mundo. He allows weak hollows to devour each other and rise their status until they become Espadas. It's a pretty libertarian way of running things compared to the Soul Society. Basically Aizen believes in survival of the fittest. He knows he's a strong shinigami, but he's not from a noble family, there's only so far he can climb the social ladder. So he rules Hueco Mundo in a way where people like him who have the power the aspiration to rule can get their chance.

Nigga, tetsuo was easily in the shit-tier category. He was just mad with power.

Political part of Bleach was barely touched upon in the manga despite it being important to quite a few characters motivations. I think there is more about this aspect in the recent novels.

>all these answers
>none being your mom
She gave birth to you fully knowing what bullshit you'd wreak. Yet she gave you a chance.
And you failed her.

What tier is Prison School's Student's Council?

Attached: federico-bianco-underground-student-council-prison-school-by-mrwhite84-dbxqnz7.jpg (1920x1440, 442K)

What these charts list as shit-tier villains (only want power) and villains who think they are doing the right thing are the only realistic ones. All the rest only exist in fiction in any large numbers.

Aizen´s problem is that someone is sitting higher that him in the pecking order. That someone actually is Ichibee, the leader of zero squad, using the SK as a puppet king. The SK is actually a corpse acting like a batery that keeps the universe together

>He's not really the one dimensional destroy the world for the sake of destroying the world type of villain.
Neither is Yhwach. He wanted to destroy the univer to create a new one where everyone is immortal, because he fears his own mortality

Yhwach is a very underrated villain in my opinion. His character suffered a lot from being introduced so late in story though.

I think we're comparing villains to each other. No one's saying Freeza was a bad villain in his own series. He was definitely one of the better ones, if not possibly the best. However, villains from other series might be better at the whole "villain" archetype than Freeza is.

Attached: buddy-complex-final-chapter-0202.jpg (1280x720, 409K)

I recognize everyone except the little shit in high tier (not scar lol) who is him?

Meh-High tier make for the best villains, while great and elder god tier usually make for trash villains.
I hate that nowadays people believe that villains need some tragic backstory, and some deep reason for why they're evil. It's not like that in real life, look at all the dictators, killers, and psychopaths in rral life. They're evil in nature, and they don't need some grand reason for why they're evil.
I don't have an issue with complex villains, I just hate the meme that a sympathetic/reluctant villain = masterpiece of realism. It's just not true.

Attached: Sephirotic_Evangelion_The_End_of_Evangelion_26_MULTIBD_1080p_8bits_5.1_AAC84BEB803.mkv_snapshot_17.4 (1920x1080, 284K)

post elder god tier villains

Attached: BlackBeard.png (1280x1263, 1.39M)

best chart so far

Hard agree, I have never ended something wishing for the extinction of the human race before more then shinsekai yori.

Ideal Evil God Tier: Evil you want to dominate you and breed with

>Meanwhile Aizen is a dogshit villain beyond the memes.
Why?

Ideal God Tier*

Attached: 1556519654324.png (636x478, 335K)

Isn't Makoto high tier?

At the very least Chrollo beat him with the help of the other spiders' hatsu, they were possibly there assisting. With the troupe dead Chrollo is much less of a threat.

But you're right his motive changed as he no longer desires the greatest fight.

and Griffith is high tier after the eclipse, even if he's a dick

What about meruem from hxh, hes such profound and deep villain and he should rank easily at the top for the best villians ever. And the great thing about him is that he evolves from from seeking power to following his nature and finally to him having a better cause than the hero, togashi deconstructed villians and showed us that they dont need to be constrained to one cause and can evolve. Certainly a genius among geniuses !

This motherfucker right here.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Ushio to Tora - 35 [720p].mkv_snapshot_19.56_[2016.05.27_22.00.54]-fs8.png (1280x720, 430K)

It's kinda weird. I've seen lots of poorly written villians who were doing shit for "the greater good" (or their view on it), but why is this trope still considered to be something good by default? And shit like infinity wars is consirdered to be not a trash just because Thanos lol))).

Retard.

Retard.

no type of villain is inherently better. its case by case

Her.
Kuromi from Onegai my melody.
She's the best part of the show.

>villain just wants to have fun
>carries the whole manga by himself
You can make a good villain even without any super elaborate motives.

Attached: 006.jpg (869x1218, 255K)

>You can make a good villain even without any super elaborate motives.
yes by making him a predictable mary sue like the one in your pic

You must be actually braindead

Anything less than High Tier rank for Altair would be criminal.

Attached: 1551930425344.jpg (3507x2480, 1.48M)

>villain
Fuck off.

What is that eye trying to convey?

Liking this garbage show would be criminal

Attached: 1546211190275.jpg (781x1284, 268K)

>when the villain has more plot armor than all of the protagonists combined
I'm going to be so mad if he deus ex machinas and extends the manga by another arc at this point. He lost his charm when he "outsmarted" the MC by teleporting himself in the security building and just so happened to run into him and destroy his plans.

>King of Jobbers
>good

Junko's motives are the opposite of mystery

He was never morally ambiguous. He muses to himself very early on that he'd fantasized about killing people before the series ever started. He was an opportunist who killed criminals because it was the easiest outlet for his sadism and he could smoothly justify it to himself.
I don't know why so few people notice that he was totally insane and cruel from the very start. He mentally got off on cornering and murdering Misora, and that was very early in the series.

Attached: images.jpg (303x485, 27K)

The United States of America

>Not getting Raoh this hard.

this is a non retarded image. You can't say that one of these is "superior" to another it's all how the media expresses it.

I always thought OP's pic was one of the best shitposts to ever surface as a meme simply because it has managed to fool half the userbase of the internet into believing that a good villain relies solely on their motives rather than how they bolster the themes of the narrative or provide any meaningful growth to the message or development of the key characters.

That security guard in Akame Ga Kill that would always fight the night raid in the name of justice and such? She was good hearted but her motive was to protect the evil empire in this case

>Good hearted
Lol nope.

>frieza
>shit tier
t. monkey

Attached: 1552395219647.gif (220x164, 125K)

Wait, I might be forgetting then. Wasn't she always going on about justice and fighting evil? I mean that doesn't seem so bad, she was affectionately to animals and normal people that weren't night raid...

This thread is making me realize that most anime villains are shit.

Pic related is pretty based though.

Attached: Eboshi.jpg (840x468, 37K)

Because people are faggots with shit taste and want to self-insert as Light and BTFO everybody with their own Death Note. Light was a mistake because now every shitty protagonist since him and Lelouch needs to be an edgy antihero.

Attached: villains.png (768x1120, 327K)

Anime Isaac Newton is the only good villain

He's unironically literally no joking the mc

I kek'd

don't cut yourself on that edge, user

Attached: Dio_Brando.jpg (600x602, 122K)

The real villains are the ones that make these charts.

Attached: 296155.jpg (225x350, 31K)

The major loved war and destruction. He was a horrible human being. There is no doubt of that. In many aspects, he is compared to Alucard, two man who take extreme pleasure on other's suffering, destruction, war and death.

But he decided to take his rage against the one man who was worse than him, alucard. A demoniac, monstrous subhuman abomination.
The major was a crazy selfish man who killed countless people to enact his plan, so he would prove a human could kill the greatest of monsters. He himself expected to die in the process anyway. He had conviction, desire, an unbreakable will.
Also his and alucard's goal were actually very similar, when you consider how much Vlad boy wants to die by the hands of a man.

Where does Agni sit?

Attached: erg.png (620x419, 230K)

you don't even what you are talking about

Faceless is better.

who's that one in the middle of the mid tiers?
seems familiar

Demons in Neverland

Knives, both in anime and manga

Attached: Trigun-Knives.png (925x684, 1.16M)

>society has become so peaceful that people don't even comprehend violence anymore
That sounds fucking awful.

Riz the Brown Bear. Just wants the right to sugarcoat his memory of killing his friend and to give it greater significance than just a momentary lapse into predatory instincts.

>post a terrible villian

can't believe you faggots haven't posted him yet

Attached: 1470345600316.jpg (1340x1000, 93K)

Nvm, I'm blind.

>villain
i bet you didn't even understand his character, pleb

>Frieza is GOAT
>Aizen is dogshit

Truly the peak of retardation

Read thread, he is trash-tier villain.

gib jew gold pls

>war for its own sake
>Elder god tier

lmao get fucked shitty cyborg

how about moving the argument to "judging the motivation"?

For trolling the Naruto fanbase? I agree

Kadokawa

Frieza.

He may have terrible motives, but he plays a really good villain.

can you do the same chart but without shitty manga this time?

Frieza.

Teach. He's like between Elder God tier and Great tier while also dipping into Mid tier and Shit tier.
His motivations are the same as the MCs and even believes in some of the same morals as the MC. Even encourages the MC to do things no matter how impossible they seem. He attacks his former crew mates because of his dream and the rules of the ship. He wanted Ace to join him and gave him a few chances. Then there are instances where he just attacks islands like Drum Island and Banaro Island. Granted, he may have been ransacking and doing his Pirate business which is why I say Mid tier to Shit tier.
Teach is fucking great.

Attached: Teach in Impel Down, Ch. 544.jpg (2074x1588, 1.34M)

No, you're completely off the mark.

Based reply

The villain who had the super power to transform his geeky look into to a chad.

Prove it, what did she really mean when she was going on those tirades about defeating evildoers then?

She killed some girl who clamed she was forced to join criminals or whoever they were. She replied with something like "you were corrupted by evil so die".

Exactly, her motives to protect the capitol and the elites are evil, but she is deep down a fierce moralizer

> a fierce moralizer
I'd say "insane sadistic fanatic". That would be more accurate.

Which tier is /ourguy/ Kyuseishu-sama?

Attached: ev6003a.png (1280x960, 1.07M)

Johan Liebert is easily the best villain in anime. You're retarded.

>I adopt the consensus opinion of the board I browse because I'm an insecure beta

>johan
>bad motive
t. retard

People seem to forget meruem spent half his time randomly killing humans to find nen users to sate his hunger including children

This.

Attached: 286913.jpg (400x400, 47K)

He spent 70%+ of his time playing board games and fasting

Elder God tier villain coming through

Attached: 2800233-4394118951-latest.png (480x480, 357K)

Where does he rank?

Attached: MwUDYJvR.jpg (481x481, 43K)

>be "loser"
>all the great girls basically fall for him
for all his talk about always losing he wins at getting the girls

Garou, a man frustrated by the constant assumption that the hero always wins, fits perfectly into a series where the premise is that the hero cannot lose. ONE is a genius and OPM is a masterpiece of metafiction.

Yikes

>johan
>good villain
t. retard

Look, a Jojo reference

Shit tier
>AAAAAARGH OP LOLI SAVE ME

Attached: 08.png (902x1300, 465K)

This