Her father is terminally ill

>her father is terminally ill
>they don't let her know about it until he's already on his deathbed
>she's blinded by grief and unable to cope
>her mother runs away from it all, dumps her and her older sister off on her grandparents
>she ends up emotionally regressing for most of her teenage years
>grandparents are too old to give a shit; later on they dump her off on her now-adult sister
>she's too focused on her career to give a shit

And no one in the story seems to think this family dynamic is particularly dysfunctional or damaging. Or is this just typical Japanese stuff?

Attached: eb0.gif (500x281, 923K)

Imagine watching anime about literal retard

And maybe
>Not even the best sibling for her sister

Attached: 8man.jpg (1280x720, 61K)

More like the plot intentionally chooses not to focus on that because it's not the story it's trying to tell, even if that background is important and needed.

She is just a stupid teenager

AURA did it better. Chuu2 is a stupid rip off that completely misses the point.

Attached: XST3I19.jpg (1920x1080, 95K)

Is her dad kicking the bucket anime original or was it the case in the LN too?

What's with parents not telling their kids they are sick untill the lats possible moment? They didn't tell me my mom had cancer, even when she was hospitalised (told me she was just in for an operation), I found out she had cancer from a classmate who told me sorry to hear about your mother, who heard it from his parents. Found out half my class knew my mom had cancer and that's why they were super nice to me, even got into an argument with one about how my mom doesn't have cancer.

She sucks and coddling her is dumb. This entire show was so boring and forced I wanted my time back.

Most CGDCT shows are nott about happy girls doing happy things, they are about suffering girls who somehow get better.

>Or is this just typical Japanese stuff?
you don't have a broken family, op?

>comparing based Romeo's masterpiece literature to literal-who's that just happened to be animated by hackAni

Attached: 1535153309997.jpg (962x1063, 174K)

Only hinted once, I think

Why can't they ever adapt something good? What's the point of good animation when the stories are never engaging.

That's fucked up. Sorry to hear that happened to you.

*blocks your path*

Attached: clannad.jpg (461x640, 253K)

90% of this was fluff

Context of that hint?

Unfortunately, Kyoanus adapted their rip off furst

They used to adapt good things when they worked with Kadokawa who is a real deal and has quality control.

It's tough to tell someone the bad news, so parents without the courage to do so rationalize it by telling themselves "the child is better off not knowing" when it's actually the opposite. Basically people being too weak to speak out honestly.

Can't remember the exact scene, I think at one point Rikka was looking at stars and started mentioning about her dad