What does JoJofags think about Persona and vice versa for Personafags?

What does JoJofags think about Persona and vice versa for Personafags?

Attached: maxresdefault (4).jpg (1280x720, 245K)

Persona is a lot like Jojo if you removed the likable characters, unique abilities tailored to the characters personality, memorable villains, good art and character design. Honestly if you don't care about having to slog through a garbage game to experience a worse product there is barely any difference!

I am not surprised JoJo inspired Persona.

Attached: 1549163092585.jpg (1280x720, 187K)

As part of both groups, I will say this. As a Personafag, I enjoy the greater focus Jojo has on the unique powers and such, as it helps create interesting conflicts whether combat-based or not. As a Jojofag, I enjoy Persona's stronger focus in each game's story on a central theme which is explored in different manners through each social link/individual character's story (adding that since 1 and the 2 duology didn't have social links). Like how Persona 4 aimed to grapple with how the drama we saw on television is the truth of the world, or how rumors in 2, through constant discussion and spread among the populace, become the truth.

It's up to you if you like both or neither, everyone's got their own tastes though.

To expand on what I just said; to be honest, the only part of Jojo that I felt had a strong central theme driving the plot was Part 4, based around the idea that the small, peaceful towns we like to fantasize about are actually hotbeds of danger just like big cities. Outside of it, only Parts 1-3 taken as an entire whole can be construed in my mind as having a central theme being the power of legacy in the conflict of good and evil. Mind you, none of the parts need to absolutely have a central theme to them, because their individual stories that center around just whatever weird shit Araki wants to write week-to-week/month-to-month are great.

Persona :
>New guy in school
>Gain Persona
>Go to School
>Date your waifu
>Make Nakama
>Fight Monsters
>Defeat final boss aka God
>Die or go back to your hometown

Jojo :
>Stab by arrow/touched by Jesus
>Gain a stand
>Bizarre plot and story ensues

What about Part 6’s focus on fate /「GRAVITY」?

MegaTen for children honestly.

Any Megaten game is better than Jojoshit

>Nusona
>Megaten
Even SMT4 was fucking shit

Actually, you could argue that that's a long-standing undertone of all the Jojo parts, that simply becomes more prevalent as time goes on. Like the Joestars are fated to fight great evils, especially those who ally themselves with Dio Brando or his alternate selves, the Zeppelis are fated to die in tragic manners, etc. Part 5 probably has the biggest example of this in the form of Rolling Stone, where fate itself dictates when you will die and the stone simply approaching you and showing you how you will die in the near future. However, whether or not it can be a central theme of the series or not is a bit... arguable, as it really doesn't serve as the primary unifying point for the series. Like I never even really noticed it until a friend pointed it out to me, and I don't know how much Araki himself works to make a point of expressing it.

>haha le based ora ora meme man lemao xD

Fuck you, Dagdaddy was the best thing that SMT has given us to date.

Everyone knows Persona is "What if the demons from SMT were Stands"

brothers in arms, though Jojo is definitely better written

>haha le based waifu simulator gaym lemao xD

Persona is based off Karl Jung. Is Jojos?

True

It's pretty good

>THE SCARIEST THING IS TO ACCEPT ONESELF COMPLETELY, LMAO
Oh boy, we've got people who think basing your story off of someone else's works/findings automatically makes it good writing. If that was the case HxH wouldn't be literal garbage because of how much he copies off of JoJo.

>Persona is "What if the demons from SMT were Stands"
Only the bad ones which eventually killed Atlus.

I'm just asking a question. Calm your fucking tits. I've never seen Jojos so I dont know, but I know that the Persona is a manifestation of your Ego. I dont know what stands are supposed to represent, if anything.

Attached: 373ba4d3a411dcdfe5610283b4842d4f.jpg (329x352, 21K)

playing Eternal Punishment really feels like Eternal Punishment

I'm a Jojofag.
I've never played Persona games and the only Persona anime I watched is Trinity Soul. I guess it was okay?

Not really, no. While stands are effectively psychic manifestations of the user, they're not so much like Persona where it's fully your psychology deciding what you develop or if you have a Shadow, but your fighting spirit/willpower. Basically, Personas can be considered the mind's manifestation while a Stand is a spiritual manifestation, and they don't follow the whole archetypal thing that Personas usually do.

You could argue that the early Stands that drew on the Tarot cards and their users were based a little on Carl Jung, but to be honest? They're drawing more from the traditional depictions/stories of those cards and the figures they're drawn from.

That's interesting. I didn't know Jojos had to do with tarot as well. These series really do overlap that much, huh?

Oh I'm an idiot. That's where ZA WOURLDO comes from. Tarot cards. Who it what is the Fool/Wildcard in Jojos?

Attached: il_794xN.1198535033_f2ij.jpg (794x654, 148K)

The Fool belonged to a dog named Iggy whose Stand was a weird sand ghost that could shapeshift and manipulate objects.

Attached: Iggy_The_Fool.png (320x320, 256K)

Persona is for numale virgin teenage boys and manchildren
JoJo appeals to high test chads also

What if they're a fan of both?

Manchild

Part 4 of jojo and persona 4 actually have a lot of overlap. I was playing p4 while coincidentally watching part 4 and thought one had to be influencing the other.
Both focus on a small fictional town with a serial killer.
The only ones who can stop the serial killer and solve his identity are users of a special power related to ur psyche.
And of course the part 3 tarot cards

Iggy

"It's so fucking gay"

To be fair, you can always argue that Persona took notes from Jojo, as it's only natural that future successful series will put their own spin on things that were successful in the past. It's just the natural state of things in pop culture.

Oh yeah, that's definitely the clearest form of "wow, this is Persona taking from Jojo." Though to be fair, Kira and Adachi definitely diverge in their motivations and such, even if they're both sociopaths. As for powers related to the psyche, I still think Jojo's different in that it's more your spirit rather than your mind at work, so Persona can do faux-psychology stuff while Jojo does determination to overcome.

kek, part 4 is the shittiest with no theme at all

Would you like to expand upon that statement? I'd love to hear your argument against it having a coherent theme and storyline in the second half of the part, once it's established its footing. Besides, at least unlike Part 5, it has the protagonist emote a little bit and not feel like baby's first OC donut steel that doesn't do anything interesting with the fact that Giorno's effectively half vampire.

I will never forgive Atlus for region locking P4A.

Rise is still the best waifu, though.

Attached: PQ_-_Rise.png (428x696, 148K)

I love Rise
>hgggrrrrr what did ya say bout my hair?
>actual personality and motives
choose one

Rise enjoying ice cream
in jojo stands are just "your soul lol"
basically any part of your mind is taken to make the stand. Not necessarily your conscious or unconscious.
Part 7 has a fucking stand about making shit spin which has nothing to do with soul but training. But that was in part ripple manipulation so it makes sense

Attached: illust_53714204_20190605_233943.jpg (1600x1379, 248K)

If there is a direct inspiration, it's the best kind, because tarot was a naming convention for stands in the first half of part 3 and abandoned when Araki wanted more characters than there were arcana, and in Persona they're identifiers for archetypes represented in the mythological figures created by the communal unconscious that the protagonists channel. That would be seeing something cool, getting a cool idea about it, and going wild.