Sansha Sanyou

What did Yea Forums think of sansha sanyou?

I just finished watching Sansha Sanyou (including OVAs).

For me the most noteworthy aspect of this anime was the character animation. The character animation was often very fluid and simply enjoyable and immersive. I frequently found myself pausing the video and slowly advancing it frame-by-frame to admire the animation quality. In fact it took me longer to watch this for this reason. However I will note here that, while for the first few episodes the animation was excellent, the quality did diminish for later episodes (with the exception of the finale).

In terms of writing, I observed a similar pattern of diminishing quality. The first few episodes of this anime seemed very promising to me, and I was feeling very optimistic. Unfortunately though, despite digesting it slowly, I did find that the writing became stale over time (An allegory to nishikawa's bread crusts I suppose LOL wow I'm hilarious). There was very little character advancement and the same tropes and jokes were overused (yes I know, it's SOL). I felt like the 'magic' faded in the later episodes and that there was a lot of unrealized potential.

Overall this is an average slice of life anime. I'd rate it 7/10. If you haven't seen it, you're not really missing much. I don't regret watching it, but I'd only recommend this to someone who is a huge sucker for smooth character animation. Otherwise, it's enjoyable but ultimately forgettable and your time is probably better spent on other works.

Less important comments:
The show is decently directed. It is almost entirely episodic (ie. minimal plot continuity across episodes). OST was unremarkable, unfortunately. I'm going to relisten to the character songs sometime soon, but I don't remember them being noteworthy. Some of the voice actors are actually quite good; special mention here for the VA of Sonobe the bakery owner. Lastly, the characters and their designs are quite cute!

Attached: 3139514130d87b841_0.jpg (1920x1080, 444K)

Attached: 698452.jpg (2836x4004, 1.38M)

please respond

Thank you for your review. If I am ever at a crisis point and considering watching this show I will recall your words, "your time is probably better spent on other works."

Anne Happy was better.

Where do I subscribe to your blog?

Attached: Hanako_04.jpg (1920x2842, 1.92M)

I liked it.
Sorry I didn't read that wall of text.

Attached: futaba14.png (347x495, 185K)

DId the manga end?

nothing

I love Teru.

Attached: 1460334653551.webm (852x480, 2.97M)

>For me the most noteworthy aspect of this anime was the character animation.
voice acting.
Main girl especially.

It was Hinako Note-level trash.

And op+ed songs.

Attached: 14939543448869.webm (1024x576, 543K)

Attached: 1496911477652.webm (1024x576, 1.15M)

I enjoyed the maid she wuz best girl

I thought the voice acting was exceptional too!

good taste

Nah.

Didn't like the pseudo-stalker servant and the creepy rich kid. This show would've been a lot better without them.

I thought it was one of the better sol anime to come out in recent years. Futaba especially made the anime.

Attached: 1489623901294.webm (1280x720, 457K)

She was cute but her one-note character became tiresome

I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Attached: DcLJ7VqV4AE8glf.jpg (2564x3508, 577K)

I can't say I agree. She was great the whole time. The only character that became tiresome was the butler.

Attached: 1476969455099.webm (854x480, 1.58M)

the butler was actually funny though.

You're letting your penis cloud your judgement, hun.

My penis is my trusty companion, of course I trust it when in doubt.

No, I just like her fun personality.

Attached: 1488410280480.webm (480x488, 376K)

boys are so stupid

I like CGDCT, but this one was dropped. Even though purple is a cute. I mean her character design is cute, not the character herself.

It just felt boring, as if the author didn't have much to write about. As soon as a situation started, you had a pretty accurate idea how it would play out. Even in the first episode, I considered skipping ahead to the end of some scenes.

Anne Happy was the CGDCT of that season.

Attached: [horriblesubs] anne happy - 01 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_21.23_[2016.04.07_23.17.07].jpg (1920x1080, 265K)

Attached: 14166743985044.webm (1024x576, 2.7M)

I sympathize. I think that the character interactions themselves were boring and repetitive.

I recently finished Anne Happy and wrote a review about it here as well. I didn't like it. Just my opinion.

The stalker butler and the rich kid were the worst

>In terms of writing, I observed a similar pattern of diminishing quality.
I actually thought it got better in the second half.
Not enough to save it from being a 4/10 and joint worst Kirara, but still an improvement over what it could've been.
At least I'm glad I didn't drop it early on otherwise I'd have a much worse opinion on it than just thinking it was slightly bad. It means there's no Kirara I hate.

Attached: feet quiz.jpg (5000x3171, 1.98M)

12 and 3 are Sansha Sanyou, 8 is New Game! And 15 is Chuunibyou I think.

Sansha actually makes it on there 4 times. 2 webm above cover those scenes. There's also more New Game on it.
15 is Kaos.
I'm pretty sure it's all Kirara and I don't know how to feel that I recognise most of them.

15 is Ababababa

Watching this webm, I falter, but I remember Anne Happy being trash.

Attached: 1496434232952.webm (844x720, 619K)

I'm pretty sure that was the first episode. They definitely didn't keep up that animation quality for later episodes.

It had its moments.

Attached: just your average day in a moe SoL.webm (640x360, 2.99M)

It was trash.

That was one of the last scenes in the final episode. Not a typical example.

>Hey, that's the first episode, that doesn't mean anything, it's too early.
Ok.

Hey, that's the last episode, that doesn't mean anything, it's too late.
Ok.

Can't wait until someone posts the garden or transformation scenes, those would be too much in the middle, I guess.

Attached: [horriblesubs] anne happy - 09 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_13.04_[2016.07.03_17.01.54].jpg (1920x1080, 129K)

In my experience, animation quality in the first few episodes and the finale are often better than average.

Anne Happy was worse.

Hopefully the new Arai Cherry manga gets anime in the distant future

Attached: F363122D-CA13-4891-B660-13E653217E5F.jpg (1992x2048, 1.67M)

It was OK. The animation was nice, but it was pretty generic overall and all the jokes get repeated over and over.

Anne Happy is a top 5 Kirara anime though.

What is it about?

Only 1 chapter is out so it’s hard to say, but it ends on a cliffhanger so we’ll see

Dropped this pretty hard sometime around episode 5. Completely forgettable aside from the excellent character animation that you noted, and some obsessives overplaying the OP and ED on a certain radio. Wasted potential, as the animation made it seem pretty fun.

>For me the most noteworthy aspect of this anime was the character animation.

You can really tell the staff of Doga Kobo enjoyed working on this anime and put the extra effort in making it a quality product. The BD extra episodes really sells this point as well.

It's unfortunate that the content itself wasn't really worthy

Doga Kobo didn't feel that way. The fact they included 80 picture drama segments (ranging from 30s to 2 minutes) suggests they felt a need and desire to cover alot more of the SoL material.

funny how the guy who directed this went to direct JoJo part 5, he's a pretty talented fella

is this show any good? I like how cartoony it looks

yes

>picture drama segments
haven't heard of this

Do you know where I can find these? Thanks

they aren't subbed. you'll find them in the raw bd releases.

I liked the animation, it felt squishy

Nice pasta.

Teru was the worst of the three main girls.

Attached: serina.jpg (1920x1080, 244K)

Now now Annebros, let's not imitate trash and be as obnoxious as they are. Leave the dead in peace.

>Sansha sanyou thread
>Get's derailed by Anne Happy shitposting
>Anne Happy thread
>Get's derailed by Sansha Sanyou shitposting
Why it always turns out like this? Both are good, kirarafags should know know better than anyone that comparing kirara series is retarded. (You)r serie is the best, period.

It's all one nigger shitposting.