Am I the only one who thinks the Chiyafuru lead is really hot?

Am I the only one who thinks the Chiyafuru lead is really hot?

Attached: Chihayafuru.full.853953.jpg (800x450, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mangakakalot.com/chapter/had41ux6654123/chapter_138
youtu.be/7pPzhlEAFaM
strawpoll.me/18150472
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

She is and she deserves to be with Taichi

Thank god she won't be

She doesn't want to be with Taichi.

>deserve
she doesn't deserve to smell him

Attached: 1534102149444.png (908x1300, 423K)

What the fuck. What makes that bitch think she has the right to hurt him like that?

yeah, but queen is hotter

>a bitch for not returning his feelings
Taichifag logic.

Has he confessed his feelings to her though? I do remember someone saying that she's "leading him on" back when season 1 was airing.

She rejected him so she isn't leading him on at all.

mfw season 5 in 2020

Attached: 1321987098268.gif (500x281, 456K)

taichifags are suddenly quiet LMAO

Attached: just.jpg (366x379, 13K)

I've never thought of Chihaya sexually. She's just a cute autist.

Every time someone says 2020 I think "distant future" and that they're joking.

What episode is this where she turns him down?

In the manga. It's not animated yet.

Oh, okay
What chapter?

Endgame right here.

Attached: 0119-021.jpg (846x1300, 239K)

Shut up, Karuta shill. Chiya will change her mind. The author is just building up suspense for when Taichi confesses a second time and is accepted.

>The author is just building up suspense for when Taichi confesses a second time and is accepted.
Imagine being this delusional. First you Taichifags thought he would beat Arata, and now you believe he'll still end up with Chihaya despite being rejected on the stop.

Attached: 0132-002.jpg (1114x1600, 288K)

mangakakalot.com/chapter/had41ux6654123/chapter_138

Could have googled yourself but here you go.

I agree with what you said but it's better to hold back just in case of an asspull.

Have they returned to being best friends? The rejection was almost five years ago.

>The rejection was almost five years ago.
It's way shorter in the manga timeline. They're in the final year of high school now.

>asspull
Why would Suetsugu resort to something so juvenile? Narratively, Arata x Chihaya is the only pairing that makes sense.

>The rejection was almost five years ago.
It was a much more short period in the actual manga, and they're back to normal. At least that's the way it looks by their interactions.

Because Taichi fans like me are seriously pissed that the bitch broke his heart?

I'm just mention the possibility of an asspull even if I don't agree with it.

>Because Taichi fans like me are seriously pissed that the bitch broke his heart?
Suetsugu doesn't care seeing as she had Chihaya reject him on the spot while thinking of Arata, had him lose to Arata by 18 fucking cards ending his chance at the current Meijin title, and giving him an ugly haircut.

I trust Suetsugu.

Attached: 0093-025.jpg (892x1300, 357K)

>everyone supports her
>she doesn't return the favor

???

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Chihayafuru S2 - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_16.32_[2013.01.16_00.14.26].jpg (1280x720, 89K)

That makes it even more likely that Taichi will get Chihaya if you think about it. Arata has it too good for too long now.

Imagine the clubroom smell.

Attached: 1427944093902.jpg (946x1551, 880K)

Chihaya is actually thinking about Taichi all this time. She wanted to see him so much that she imagined him.

Attached: 34.jpg (1114x1600, 728K)

Is season 3 made by JC Staff?

These two panels are pretty hard hitting hints that Taichi might in fact win Chihaya's heart. Why else would she see him at this place? She misses him dearly.

Attached: 35.jpg (1114x1600, 688K)

Madhouse with same director.

i love her

I don't believe so. Nothing in the manga supports a Taichi end.

Chihaya thought about him when she saw the shrine and then thought of the other club members right after and the time they prayed together. Nice job trying to make it seem like she only thought of him, and only him. Chihaya thought of Arata twice during two parties, but of course you'll wave that off.

That not fun. I want this series become like opm season 2

She thought of Taichi first and saw him first. The others were just afterthoughts.

>The others were just afterthoughts.
She quite literally thought of the club right after, and then started to tear up. Then went on listing many people who weren't currently there, but there with her in spirit and how they're protecting her.

Attached: 0216-037.jpg (1114x1600, 690K)

Chihaya’s heart belongs to karuta, she’s not interested in under-competitive wimps

Karuta and Arata*

Attached: 0092-032.jpg (892x1300, 308K)

Reminder that the favorite poem of Suetsugu just happens to be the one recalled right after Arata confesses to Chihaya.

>Q: In the manga, in conjunction with the feelings and situations that the characters face, you turn the spotlight on poems that deal with a whole range of emotions, including (romantic) love. May I ask, which of the 100 poems is your favourite?
>My favourite in terms of meaning is “When compared to / the feelings in my heart / after we’d met and loved, / I realize that in the past / I had no cares at all” (Poem 43). Having been ignorant, once you know of it, you feel like all the cells in your body have been reborn. I think that everyone will undergo that experience several times in their lives, but there are few poems that express this feeling in words.

Attached: poem43.jpg (1712x1300, 776K)

>>>mangakakalot
Gross

Got it from goggle since user can't do it himself.

Then why didn't she thought of the club first but Taichi? Kana is important to Chihaya too but it was Taichi that she saw.

People can be important to you without your feelings being romantic

>Then why didn't she thought of the club first but Taichi?
Why wouldn't she? He's her childhood friend unlike the others. My point is that had Chihaya only thought of him and only him then had some internal monologue over him the way she had with Arata in the past then I could have seen a clear shipping moment in this, but it didn't go down that way.

>he thinks we'll get it in 2020
That's too soon, silly.

fuck u

Attached: __ayase_chihaya_dora_the_explorer_and_etc_drawn_by_waruiga__e60262d066fe156fa01186f8f2dba4e6.png (682x682, 1.33M)

She has slut lips

Attached: HD_PressImages_Chihayafuru_1200x630.jpg (1200x630, 453K)

>taichi tells her he has a gf
>instantly worries that Arata might have found someone
one of the funniest scenes

Is she zannen?

Attached: Chihayafuru2[04]_snapshot_16.07.jpg (1280x720, 120K)

>be a countryside poorfag
>Has to work in grade school to earn enough
>Is bullied for his accent and silent nature
>Defeats the rich handsome shoujo prince character clean.
>Gets the girl despite being away from her for almost the entire Manga
>About to achieve his dream.
Is he, dare I say it the biggest CHAD in josei manga?

Attached: tumblr_mzp2bmFtHs1rvb0spo1_500.gif (500x281, 494K)

His character is boring. At least Taichi had some decent plot behind his arcs.

>His character is boring.

She has zero sex appeal.

Yes.

Chihaya is not something you can fucking get. I really don't understand you Taichifags and your delusions. Like your reason is to why he will win is cause Arata can't become mejin and end up with the girl. Yes he can. The story clearly implies that. And Taichi already showed you he is much better without his dumb love for her. Why do you want him to still continue on that path when it is just not meant to be.

beauty in vain. but she's more popular than her sister now on social media. chitose btfo.

Attached: Chihaya Taichi.webm (800x334, 2.71M)

Anyone who doesn't ship TaichiChihaya watching this scene is really fucked in the head. They are so important to each other, they always think of each other. Every time Taichi is gone Chihaya is a fucking wreck. They have communication, the number one important thing for a working relationship.

You know this is movie headcanon. This never happend in the manga.

Attached: Luck of the Draw.webm (1280x536, 1.71M)

Suetsugu greenlit this movie. And to be fair this scene is not much different when Taichi separated from the group. Chihaya is equally in great pain.

>knows that he is in pain being around her without his feelings being accepted
>won't accept his feelings but won't let him go
Shiet she's so fucking selfish. Give him a choice cmon

Yes it is. Chihaya is in pain cause she finally reliases how much she hurt him. In the manga it is nothing romantic while in the movie it clearly is..You can say she is in pain, but the implications are completely different.

hopefully get the movie ending where Chihaya is shown to be a future Queen.

It's so fucking toxic of the author to make Chihaya think about Arata during Taichi's confession like what? Realistically no one thinks of another person during a confession and it wasn't even sudden. Taichi set it up slowly so Chihaya can understand her.

It's been established that she's a heartbreaker and that she has tons of close friends in love with her.

Attached: maxresdefault (7).jpg (1280x720, 77K)

Newfriend here. Does the girl ever hook up with any of the guys, or is this just some sexless story with hundreds of chapters of no progression like To Love Ru?

It's not a romance series though.

Tbh, Arata can become Meijin but Chihaya doesn't really love him for them to end up together.

Chihaya isn't in love with Arata?

t. Increasingly nervous man for the nth time.

Oh boy, I hope that when the anime is airing we have more threads like this. Can't wait to falseflag as an Aratafag

I hate his accent in the dub too, he speaks like a retard. But maybe I'm just a salty taicihifag

Chihayafuru might have some romantic elements but it's not a story about romance. It's about karuta.

FPBP

How is that selfish?

Attached: Chihayafuru.png (953x534, 642K)

She loses against Shinobu?

Are you a woman? Legit question, just wondering.

It's not shown. It's just the epilogue in the movie showing her as queen.

Anime* not dub. I'm a retard

No, every character in the show makes sure to let me know 3 times an episode

You are a retard for having such shit taste

Interesting. But I doubt Chihaya or Arata are going to lose in the manga. Especially Chihaya.

No, I'm a guy. I've tried not to have friends stop being friends with me after turning them down. It's something that can be worked through together.

Neither will lose since the manga is supposedly nearing it's end.

Everytime he prolongs the vocal in the end of the sentence I want to bomb Fukui

Yes, everyone already knows you have terrible taste.

I agree. Arata and his VA STINK!

Well she likes him more that Taichi so yea they can

Another one with awful taste.

She likes Taichi
See here

Keep telling yourself that

I see you have no argument left.

It was already responded to much earlier. Reply to those.

Not even a shipperfag but it's obvious if there is any romantic conclusion, it will either be Arata or no one. Suetsugu had 250 chapters to build up sometime that event hints at beiing romantic between chihaya and taichi, especially from chihaya's side and we have nothing so far with the manga possibly ending this year. Now I am not saying Arata and chihaya have the best romantic development as it's not a shoujo romance manga but they have a good enough back story and implications throughout the manga to make it look progressive.

It's pretty open at this point. Taichi has more chance because he got more focus during pretty much 70% of this series.

His focus wasn't anything romantic. He was always a best friend in Chihaya's eyes. And he will always be just that.

>watch Chihayafuru the first time
Diehard Taichifag.
>rewatch in 2019
Taichi's constant yearning and the show's depiction of him as "unlucky" feel retarded and pandering.

>romantic conclusion
>he doesn't know shoujo are as built to go on forever as shounen

>Taichi has more chance because he got
more focus
>more focus
None of it has any romantic development. It was more about his own personal growth as an individual. Just like the other two.

It's josei and the mangaka has said it's nearing the end.

Chihayafuru isn't a shoujo romance thought. It's a josei manga.

user, don't try to reason with a Taichifag. They are a lost cause.

If Chihaya really ends up with Arata then only through bad and forced writing. How can she shoehorn their relationship and the battle in such a short time?

Their relationship was there from the start and it's only one queen and one meijin match left.

Taichifags really are something else. Cause you know Taichi x Chihaya ending would be the one that would actually feel forced. She never showed any hint of liking him. It would be a straight asspull out of nowhere if she miracolously started to look his way when the entire time she was just looking at Arata.

Who is better, Snowmaru or Daddy Bear?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Chihayafuru S2 - 10 [720p].mkv_snapshot_01.12_[2016.11.26_21.27.31].jpg (1280x720, 91K)

Came back to this thread, and Taichifags are literally coping. His journey was never about "getting" the title or Chihaya. It was about not running away/not being a coward. He wanted to become a person he could be proud of. Which he achieves. When he confesses Chihaya-it's not just his love that he lays bare, he also admits the childhood deed that filled him with shame and guilt. A massive weight is lifted off his shoulders and Taichi learns after he returns to the club that Chihaya doesn't think less of him or hate him like his childhood self thought she would. When he goes up against Arata, he has a chance to take the upper hand through a handicap, but doesn't. He calls Kana to fix the garment of Arata. He's different from child!Taichi that would have gone the sneaky way. Taichi fights fair and square and gives it his all which results in Arata taking seriously as an opponent. Arata truly saw him on the tatami mat and that match was the first time Taichi ever felt the cards were dear to him. You Taichifags are so caught up in him getting a prize-whether it be Chihaya or the title despite neither making sense narratively-that you completely overlooked the beautiful coming-of-age story Suetsugu gave you.

Attached: 0215-004.jpg (1114x1600, 647K)

Daddy Bear.

Attached: 1553397426331.jpg (1316x1355, 413K)

The whole cast thinks she's hot

Snowmaru is cuter.

Yeah don't know what OP was thinking. Muhh beauty in vain

>How can she shoehorn their relationship and the battle in such a short time?
Re-read the manga. The build-up for Arata x Chihaya has always been there.

Attached: 0011-001.jpg (1066x1600, 298K)

Attached: lvo.jpg (1024x720, 189K)

Finding it hard to see this manga through til the end now that Taichi has dropped out from being a main character. I didn't even care if he got with Chihaya I just want more of best boy

>Taichi has dropped out from being a main character.
He's still a main character and part of the trio. He got more than enough panel time in the past. It's now time for the final battles so obviously he won't get heavy focus.

Arata overcome determinism

This.

Best boy.

Attached: 1537126274895.png (988x630, 614K)

Third season is airing this October. Which is the same time the manga will be entering the climax, this was confirmed by Suetsugu herself.

Attached: Ooe.Kanade.full.976370.jpg (900x1100, 175K)

Is there anyone besides Arata and Taichi in love with her?

No

Suo found her attractive and wanted to date her, but it was played off for laughs in the narrative.

autism?

Taichi? Yes I agree

>rare chihayafuru thread
how did i miss this
didn't bother reading through the posts, are aratafags still seething?

Only ones seething are the Taichifags.

she's really hot and GODDAMN IT THERE WILL NEVER BE A BEACH EPISODE HOLY FUCK I AM SO MAD I DIDNT EVEN SEE HER NAPLES FUCKING FUJISHIT WHY ISNT THERE ANY LEWD FANART YOU CUNT I WILL RAPE YOUR OMM IN FROT OF YOU AND THEN KILL HER

Attached: Chihayafuru.jpg (1280x720, 98K)

>are aratafags still seething?
As usual and expected of them.

Seething over?

Sure you're in the right timeline? It's always Taichi fangirls whining over his unrequited love.

The fact that she's going to friendzone him. She led on Taichi, why can't she do the same to Arata?

>didn't bother reading through the posts
Of course you didn't cause if you did you would see it's the Taichifags seething as usual. Taichi losing 18 whole cards to Arata did a number on them.

Attached: aratabeingthatcordthatdispelsherworries.jpg (2228x1600, 1.43M)

Last I saw from the manga was this back in february, what happened after?

Attached: 1549136794025.jpg (1242x2208, 704K)

She didn't lead on anyone.

>. She led on Taichi
Taichifag logic never ceases to amaze me. Chihaya never lead Taichi one, not once. It was always just Taichi pitying himself.

Nothing. You already know that Chihaya rejected Taichi on the spot and that he lost to Arata. Taichifags are still seething over those two things especially his loss, and Taichi not being a major focus anymore is annoying them as well. They're always complaining over something.

Attached: 1559668340956.jpg (2228x1600, 1.42M)

There's this video on YouTube I can't link to right now called Chihayafuru Indirect Kiss where she acts very flirty with Taichi. If she acts that way with him all the time, it's no wonder he thinks she might like him back.

She rejected him to his face so no she never led him on.

There's 137 chapters before the rejection, you know.

You take any male and female interaction as "flirting".

Are you on crack? There is absolutely no scene in the entirety of the manga where Chihaya is leading Taichi on. The indirect kiss is Chihaya just being her happy-go-lucky self on her birthday and jokingly offers Taichi a bite of her crust, which he takes, and she looks shocked and he's obviously embarrassed by his own action.

Attached: Unknown.jpg (2132x1600, 1.14M)

And you're an SJW who thinks that it's impossible to be led on. I'd say that the girl/close friend who pretended to be in love with me in order to take her mind off the guy she was actually in love with led me on, but in SJW Land girls are never guilty of anything.

You're projecting too hard.

>I'd say that the girl/close friend who pretended to be in love with me in order to take her mind off the guy she was actually in love with led me on, but in SJW Land girls are never guilty of anything.
Chihaya never pretended to be in love with Taichi. There's literally a scene where she offers his kiss as a prize. Stop projecting, and go see a therapist.

Attached: C4Cy7HmWIAAGV5O.jpg (715x715, 66K)

based

A therapist? Don't be rude, it's okay to have a different opinion. I don't hate Chihaya. She just needs to be more aware of how sexy and charming she is.

based and taichipilled

>She just needs to be more aware of how sexy and charming she is.

Attached: 1497188584134.png (197x151, 11K)

Arata is a boring fag.

>singlehandedly crushes the cliche notion that the handsome rich boy always win in these kinds of stories
Sounds interesting to me.

Otterly hot.

Karuta will win the chihayabowl

I mean, my older sisters are hot and have big tits, and they limit the amount of time and attention they show to men because they don't want to lead anyone on. They don't go around kissing their friends or sitting in their laps like Chihaya does with Taichi.

What's with all the bubbles and sparkles?

>it's no wonder he thinks she might like him back.
Taichi never once thought that Chihaya liked him back. If anything, he's been shown to be fully aware that her feelings lie somewhere else, which played into his complex towards Arata.

Attached: riptaichi.jpg (467x869, 170K)

What? It was Taichi that force kiss her.

t. Arata self-insertfag.

>They don't go around kissing their friends or sitting in their laps like Chihaya does with Taichi.
Taichi was the one that kissed her without her consent. I don't remember Chihaya sitting on his lap. Stop projecting so hard.

Setting aside what the intention of the author is re: endgame, I don't see how you Aratards got so invested in that pairing. Arata is so boring and unworkable as a character that Suetsugu has to keep him on the outskirts of the plot for virtually the entire manga. He was bullied as a kid for a couple of weeks at most before finding lifelong friendship. He's not really poor any more. His grandfather died (as they do) but since his friends got him back to slappin cards way back at the start of the story, he's just been good at karuta, bad at staying in touch, and then in the end he's really good, wins, the end? Sexless Chihaya finally realizes in this moment (as opposed to any others so far) that she loves him romantically? Cuz of the way his eyes roll back in his head when he's at max slap power? That really gets you going, huh?

I'm not even arguing for Taichi, I just don't get what people are seeing with Arata. Screentime aside, he has about as much characterization as Chitose. It just blows my mind that you all can get so sweaty over such a block of nothing.

Attached: hick-getting-cucked.jpg (1024x663, 134K)

That's nothing about his personality though.
He's still a boring fag.

All I'm doing is discussing the manga but you think telling it as it is mean I'm a certain x-fag. That's why it so hard to talk about canon when all some of you rabid fans keep on making it about ships or some retarded competition.

Literally seething.

Attached: download (3).jpg (2729x1300, 1M)

>Arata is so boring and unworkable as a character
The only reason he has fags is exactly because of this. His bland nature allows pathetic peeps to self-insert easily.

I'm not invested in a paring, I'm invested in the story. The story doesn't give much evidence to Taichi/Chihaya and that's the truth.

>finally realizes in this moment (as opposed to any others so far) that she loves him romantically?
Why are you acting like Suetsugu hasn't laid the seeds for Arata x Chihaya . Here's another scene.

Attached: chihayaandromance.jpg (2132x1600, 891K)

Taichifags love to talk about how good his character is but at the end of it, all they care and talk about is shipping.

>Taichifags love to talk about how good his character is but at the end of it, all they care and talk about is shipping.
This. It's literally just shipping to them now since he no longer has a shot at the current Meijin title. They want him to be rewarded so bad cause he worked hard, and suffered, and he's the most popular character. Now they're just relying on a Chihaya x Taichi ending, even though he's better off moving on.

And all they do is shitpost since S1. If Taichi is such a well written character and they're not self-inserting as him, why can't Taichifags ever talk about the story or anything else other than winning the Chihayabowl?

Cause that's literally all they care about it. Taichi IS a well-written character, but his beautiful journey of growth is something they just overlook these days. If he doesn't "get" the girl then this series is shit to them. A good character with an unfortunate fanbase.

This is bizarre. It's a love triangle. If the story gave no evidence to a Taichi/Chihaya pairing, it wouldn't be a love triangle. You do know it's a love triangle, right?

As for the story, there are good and bad ways to resolve a love triangle. Bad ways include killing one of the people off, making another one turn evil, or having the rejected one say "I just want you to be happy". Bleh. All of these are lazy.

For an example of a good love triangle, see Macross: Do You Remember Love?

Hikaru and Misa end up together (the B girl wins, what a twist), and it works because Minmay has a job outside of her love for Hikaru. She has to save humanity with her music. It's a unique talent that only she has, which is both isolating and empowering. The resolution is bittersweet, but still provides a way for Minmay to self-actualize, even if she never gets over her lost love.

If Chihaya and Arata pair off, and Taichi isn't happy about it (if he is, it's lazy writing), then it leaves his character nowhere to go. Does he exit karuta? Become a doctor? None of those are things that only he can do. It's not interesting, it just seems like his entire leg of the triangle was filler.

I don't give a shit about who wins, but it would be nice if the story hung together even after the matter was resolved. I know you probably think that it does, but I'm here to tell you it doesn't, fight me, etc.

Attached: minmay.jpg (1280x720, 85K)

youtu.be/7pPzhlEAFaM

Attached: 1541604979782.png (1023x720, 583K)

And are aratafags talking about the manga? Seems pretty hypocritical to only call out one side for not talking about the manga but I wouldn't expect Aratafags to have any semblance of self awareness.

Why is this so unpopular in the west? Even with the meme "sport" it's still a nice love story.

Look at the thread, there's plenty of posts about the manga.

It's not a love story even if there's a romance plot it's not the main point or focus.

>it wouldn't be a love triangle.
It's literally not a love triangle anymore. Chihaya has already rejected Taichi. She has yet to give an answer to Arata, and his own confession.

I see only one side posting actual manga panels in order to prove what's happening/happened in the canon story line. The talk in the thread is around shipping.

Really? You must be blind.

karuta has been a side-plot for a while now

>not a love story

Attached: hmm.png (649x659, 527K)

Love story about karuta? Having a romance side plot doesn't make the story just about love.

>posts about the manga
As in Chihayabowl? Yes, everyone can see that.
>I see only one side posting actual manga panels in order to prove what's happening/happened in the canon story line
And here we have the utterly biased deluded fag in the spotlight. What are these if not posts of the manga/ That's all you got? And also yet you have no evidence that it's solely Taichifags talking about shipping and that none of them were talking about the manga.
>You must be blind
How ironic.

>Having a romance side plot doesn't make the story just about love.
Our story opens up with their fated meeting.

Attached: 0001-009.png.jpg (1066x1600, 411K)

Actually I'm pretty sure you can read the manga to the effect that Taichi rejected himself after Chihaya hesitated, then took things a little too far after that. She didn't really reject him any more than she did Arata. For all we know, she might have been saying "sor--(ry I have to go take a shit can we continue this after I'm done?)"

I'm not saying that's what she was going to say. But it is a love triangle, still, because the editors would never ever resolve a love triangle before the manga was over. Readers would bail left and right, and everybody knows that according to the magazine polls Taichi is by far the most popular character, whatever else he is or isn't.

Maybe you're saying that you can see past the maneuvers and games and are reading between the lines and that in REALITY there is no more love triangle, etc., etc., but that's different. There is still a love triangle, and there still are routes to having both (or neither) pairings happen.

Yes because they're a respond to another post. So why don't you respond with something canon from the manga at all instead of just shitposting? Are you unable to respond with a canon reply?

>two manga panels
Thanks for proving my point. This thread centered on mostly shipping from the get-go, and one Taichifag contributed a two mere manga panels.

Try bringing up discussion for once instead of starting shit.

>rare

It's crazy that I happened on this thread right after re-reading the first batch of translated volumes on a whim. I didn't even know there was a second season to the anime til today. My shoujoboner is at full mast right now.

Attached: 1329813204771.jpg (1280x720, 126K)

>t. She didn't really reject him any more than she did Arata. For all we know, she might have been saying "sor--(ry I have to go take a shit can we continue this after I'm done?)"
When Kana is finally confessed to, she starts to cry and tells Tsutomu that she was afraid she was going to turn into seaweed salt from all the waiting. Chihaya immediately remembers the confession of Arata and only his, and rushes to him because she has yet to give him an answer. Her "sorry" to Taichi was very much a rejection.

Attached: 0173-020.png (909x1300, 307K)

Oh, obviously these don't count as starting shit. Perhaps you're just 'blind' to it I guess.
>respond to another post
Never knew a response to a post doesn't count as discussion. Glad to know your arbitrary standards are what matters.
>I see only one side posting actual manga panels in order to prove what's happening/happened in the canon story line
Not the original point innit? Why shift the goal posts? Can't substantiate your retarded claims?
Ah yes, again manga panels are all that count. Good to know but I won't be arsed to reply to something so asinine next time.

Sorry, not convinced, etc. Taichi's confession was botched and he made it so awkward they can't even talk about it (or anything else) anymore. Arata's was at least orderly and she told him to wait. So of course she'd think of that one. Taichi's is in the "wtf was that" column in her head.

She didn't reject Taichi. The author wrote it awkwardly and had him try that kiss business so that he would self-own and seal himself off from her WITHOUT the need to write a canonical, unequivocal rejection. Because doing that would have ended the love triangle suspense. Can't you see that?

They're a respond to a post that was starting shit. So try not starting shit for once.

>Ah yes, again manga panels are all that count.
Nope, but it's not like Taichifags contribute anything new to the thread. See . It's literally just bitching or whining with them.

And mine was a response to your post. But I'll take as a concession of your hypocrisy, cheers.

Those manga panels are back up a point with canon. Why can't you do canon discussion at all?

Well don't start shit first and there won't be any need for any heated respond.

>She didn't reject Taichi.
She literally did. A popular scenes poll was held a few years ago and his confession ranked first among the nips, and one of the comments went something along the lines of "I knew a rejection would follow" etc. Taichi was rejected. They're back on talking terms, and his confession has not been mentioned at all. It seems like both him and Chihaya just want to forget the whole ordeal.

Arata is ugly

sorry in response to a confession is a well known rejection in shoujo and josei. stupid.

I like the manga but that game is fucking retarded.

> Citing a rando comment from a Japanese poll as evidence
> They're back on talking terms
Lel

> His confession has not been mentioned at all
So out there that I have to resort to using the manga. Here ya go. Chapter 206. I even annotated it for ya. Read harder next time.

Attached: c206p30-32-annotated.jpg (2925x1401, 1.96M)

crazy how a shitty shoujo manga can spawn such heated arguments

It's josei though. And it's about shipping anyway.

>> They're back on talking terms
Not him but, are you seriously saying they're not on talking terms since Taichi was rejected?

I thought this was something at first as well, but then we get nothing after that. It kinda feels like bait to feed the shipper Taichifags, but I could be wrong.

That person was using the fact they were back on talking terms to insinuate that they had returned to a state of equilibrium after the confession and rejection. Part of an argument for the finality of the rejection.

You're right, they can now speak together so in some sense they are back on talking terms, but I don't think that implies anything, since the way in which they talk in their scenes together strongly indicates a lingering uneasiness and unresolved tension. Not necessarily romantic, more likely just concern about what has happened to their friendship. In that sense, the fact they can literally speak to eachother is not very significant in my opinion.

>Am I the only one
did you even read/watch the series?

Attached: 1555788788162.png (472x515, 173K)

>‘A love that cannot be undone’ is also the theme of a number of the Ogura 100 poems, isn’t it? What is your favourite poem? And why?

>Suetsugu: “Ogurayama / Mine no momijiba / Kokoro araba / Ima hitotabi no / Miyuki matanan” (#26 => Mostow: O autumn leaves / on the peak of Ogura Hill, / if you have a heart, / I would that you would wait / for one more royal progress.) That notion of calling out to the fall leaves, asking them to wait if they have a heart, is rather romantic. I also like how the sounds bounce off each other.

>asking them to wait if they have a heart, is rather romantic.
Which boy is currently waiting for answer to their confession?

Attached: 0173-033 (1).png (910x1300, 340K)

Oh my god, everybody go home. The riddle is solved. FINALLY. PEACE AMONG MEN.

This honestly. Suetsugu fucked up by giving Taichi so much development before Arata even began to half-matter in the narrative. By the time it became evident Arata would win the Chihayabowl, I had become so invested in Taichi's perspective that I couldn't help but fail to empathize with his flawless-autistic-megane-ass. Even now that's he's gotten more focus as of recent, I still dislike him.

>Finality
Stupid bitch. She could at least give him a chance... I'd hate being taunted by those full, pouty slut lips every day.

>they were back on talking terms to insinuate that they had returned to a state of equilibrium after the confession and rejection
Because that's what I firmly believe. There is no awkwardness between them, no bitterness on the side of Taichi, and no regrets on the side of Chihaya for her "sorry" line. Taichi leaving the club would have been the moment for Chihaya to realize if he meant something more to her, but nothing happened. Now you Taichifags have switched to "Chihaya will realize what Taichi means to her during her match with Shinobu for sure". Does it ever end? Chihaya knows what Taichi means to her, he's a precious and irreplaceable companion. She loves him, but isn't in love with him.

>y. Suetsugu fucked up by giving Taichi so much development
Taichi has more development than even Chihaya herself despite this being her manga. His character simply had more to work with since he's not so focused on karuta.

>no regrets on the side of Chihaya
Cold-blooded shrew. I always feel guilty whenever I turn someone down.

It's Taichi that has had it good for too long. He got to spend the entire story with Chihaya, but whenever Arata got a chance to spend time with Chihaya it always get interrupted.

>No awkwardness between them, no bitterness on the side of Taichi, and no regrets on the side of Chihaya

Okay breh, see the manga panels in and let's chat afterwards. Jeez.

He may be a chad but he is a boring piece of shit character:
>have everything going for you in your chosen field of mastery, from lineage to endless focus and motivation to the girl that you like liking you for whatever reason because she suddenly also loves karuta
>have constant struggles with your craft but overcome them as fast as you acquire them.
Arata has to be the chaddest of them all because i don't get his process at all. Imho he can't be compared to taichi who is unironically one of the most complex characters in all fiction. All the realizations that he had about karuta and himself are kino as fuck. I mean he even dropped the girl when he realized that in actuality he didn't want her but rather wanted a little bit of validation.

Nice job ignoring all the other scenes of them interacting normally after he returns to the club. When Chihaya has a reaction that is on the level of pic-related then come talk to me.

Attached: 0124-006.png (871x1300, 283K)

>who is unironically one of the most complex characters in all fiction
Imagine being this delusional.

>I mean he even dropped the girl when he realized that in actuality he didn't want her but rather wanted a little bit of validation.
Imagine being THIS delusional. Taichi didn't drop Chihaya. He was rejected.

Changing the subject, huh? Your opinion that there is no awkwardness and no regrets is complete bullshit. Where are the scenes of the normal interaction, then? Don't you have those pages handy? Or do you only save the doki-doki stuff? I guess you only stash the stuff that can get you off. Give me your address, I'll send you a really hunky black rock for you to project on instead.

Attached: icu.jpg (728x546, 59K)

Aratagamers can't handle being told they prefer vanilla ice cream.

>Where are the scenes of the normal interaction
Did you miss the reunion? When Taichi convinces her mom to let compete for the Queen title? Their library meeting? The karaoke scene with everyone? Do you even read the manga? Serious question. Chihaya and Taichi are very much on their usual talking terms. When Chihaya has a reaction that is on the same level to her reaction to the Arata confession then let's talk.

Taichifags seething cause their boy isn't getting rewarded cause MUH POPULARITY and MUH HARDWORK and MUH SUFFERING.

>Chihaya and Taichi are very much on their usual talking terms.

Why didn't he go to the shrine visit then? Is that usual talking terms? Are we reading the same manga? Is this what Aratagang actually believes?

You think that Suetsugu's editors would actually let the love triangle get resolved way back in 2014?! Halfway through the manga? Have you been going on like this for 5 years? Do you think everybody is blind but you? I can't understand the level of denial required here. I'm not even saying Chihaya x Taichi -- you're pushing this much stronger concept, that all that stuff is water under the bridge. That's fucking bananas.

Attached: 182.png (262x289, 64K)

Why isn't she nearly as smoking fucking hot in the manga?

>Why didn't he go to the shrine visit then?
Are you talking about the latest one? No one did from what I recall, and by one one I mean Taichi/Kana/Tsutomu etc. Majority of the club members were all busy doing their own thing, which is is why he texted Sumire to go and accompany Chihaya.

I really do believe that the love triangle is solved. If fans don't want accept it for whatever reason then that's on them. I've seen it happen plenty of times with other series where the endgame pairing was obvious, but the entire fanbase wasn't in agreement. Delusional and favoritism blind people. If there's anything that needs to happen between Chihaya and Taichi, I think it's for Chihaya to tell him that he is important and dear to him. She has shown in through actions, but not in words. I think Taichi just wants to know that his love towards her wasn't in vain. A taichifag actually wrote a really nice write-up on their site.

Attached: 1560109279471.gif (346x361, 623K)

230 posts of shipping wars when you fuckers already know that the series is going to end with Chihaya not choosing either of them.

Not him but I still say hold back in case of an asspull. You don't want to end up wasting your time on this same topic in every thread. Meanwhile just enjoy what's going on and we'll see went the manga ends.

Sadly, Taichi is so deeply in love with Chihaya that I don't think he will ever fall out of love. Even in 10 or 15 years he will still be pining for her, still hoping that every word, every action, every sideways glance is indicative of deeper feelings. By that point he'll probably have been rejected not just one time, but twenty. Such is the fate of those who become childhood friends with succubi.

Attached: Squirtle.png (250x141, 54K)

*when

Shoujo writers can't draw as well or create as strong of an atmosphere as skilled anime makers.

There are two things here, whether or not the love triangle is "solved," and whether or not there is no awkwardness or regret between Taichi and Chihaya.

It's possible to argue pretty convincingly that the love triangle was solved in the first chapter, because cynically, first boy wins and the entire story is obviously structured around Chihaya and Arata. Them being apart is a feature, not a bug, and gives tension to the fated romance, Taichi's confession went far worse than Arata's, Chihaya inevitably thinks of Arata when anything happens, etc., etc.

That's not what I'm saying. You're telling me that *on the page* there is no hard feelings, and that is not the case.

Personally I don't think that Suetsugu is going to draw a straight line to the goal from here, and I really really don't think that Taichi gets a do-over and the second time's a charm. But that's not the point. It's not whether I personally believe in one outcome or another, even if they're supported by some evidence. I'm saying that you're telling me something that, on the page as it stands today, is not supported.

In all of the scenes that you mentioned, there was a superficial level of camaradarie that was masking wounds beneath both of them, caused by his botched confession and subsequent bug-out. I think that's pretty clear subtext. This falling off synchronizes with their divergence up until the qualifiers match in which Taichi gets his ass packed for him, after which there is some kind of something, but it's not status quo, and the chapter 207 scans above are explicitly intended to illustrate that.

I don't care about Arata or Taichi "winning," but I'm saying that it's going a little too far to say that on the PAGE, things are just like they used to be, no hard feelings.

But that would make her a heartbreaker.

Attached: Chihayafuru.jpg (1280x720, 75K)

I don't mind the discussion. Unfortunately this is one of the few sites where one can talk about the manga, but it delves into shipping. An for asspulls, that word gets thrown around way too freely. Obvious pairings are called an asspull from bitter fans.

I still believe it's solved. We had a love triangle at a certain point in the story since both boys were pining for her, and then we got to the inevitable confessions. One was rejected, the other wasn't. You can try to flip it any way you like, but as it stands, the only boy to not receive an answer was/is Arata. This is backed up by her "I'm sorry" line which very much was a rejection, and this scene . Chihaya starts to worry that Arata might turn into seaweed salt cause she hasn't given him an answer. If Taichi was on the same boat then why didn't Chihaya think of both confessions? Time to face reality.

So you believe that as of October 15, 2014, aka five fucking years ago, in chapter 138 of probably 220-230, the author and her editors decided to give a definitive answer to the love triangle question, and that since then, aka for the last five years, the manga has focused on building up Chihaya and Arata, and Chihaya's karuta skills, etc., and that the people who are still talking about Taichi can't accept that the door got shut back there?

I'm not trying to make fun, I'm just asking you if this is what it looks like, because I can kind of see it, even if I don't agree.

I agree with most of your posts. You want to talk about the manga but what's the fun in talking about the same subject? Try avoiding those obvious bait posts about shipping as it's same thing all the time. Anything other than Arata/Chihaya or no one is an asspull at this point, call me a cynic if you want but it's better to just wait and see.

Since it seem this has reached the upvoting stage I'll just say that the impartial are with you.

>So you believe that as of October 15, 2014, aka five fucking years ago, in chapter 138 of probably 220-230, the author and her editors decided to give a definitive answer to the love triangle question, and that since then, aka for the last five years, the manga has focused on building up Chihaya and Arata, and Chihaya's karuta skills, etc., and that the people who are still talking about Taichi can't accept that the door got shut back there?
Yup. I've seen this shit multiple times in the past, and I'm currently witnessing it now with other series. Where the main pairing was always so obvious yet people still doubt that it's going to happen in the epilogue. The moment Taichi got rejected, his development started which still kept his fans immensely interested. Do you really think that was just a coincidence? Wake up. Now that his character development and chance at the Meijin title are over with, you now have Suetsugu focusing on his feelings for Chihaya once again (My feelings might be fading, I know that I'm not her core) cause she needs to keep Taichifags interested and hoping that he might win the bowl. It's easy to see through.

Different user, but the author did give a definitive answer regarding the love triangle from Chihaya's standpoint, but they kept it going for taichifags because they didn't want to lose sales. They knew taichifags would read too much into things, like a blush from Chihaya that goes nowhere, or just like in the latest chapter imagining Taichi (but also her other club members). But that's my point, she remembers a close friend and Suetsugu puts emphasis on it, but afterwards shows the other club members. Of course the author knew that taichifags would only pay attention to the former and try to read too much into it.

It sounds like reading manga must be pretty boring for a five-dimensional chess expert such as yourself. At least you've spared some of your time to educate the masses?

I think it would be torturous to be turned down by Chihaya. She's perfect...

>It sounds like reading manga must be pretty boring
No cause it's not like I know how the entire story will pan out. It's just easy to tell which pairing will usually happen in a manga, and I'm sure it's the same way for a lot of people out there.

strawpoll.me/18150472

Attached: Episode_1.png (1280x720, 1.03M)

>still doubting the arata ending when the latest guidebook has a "karuta addiction: a story of their love" on a chihayarata page
d e n i a l

Attached: D11xgB-XQAEhSM0.jpg (722x626, 63K)

I'm this user and I'll say it again, just enjoy it. Also try not to reply to every minor shipost. Not referring to the other user you were talking to just before but those much above. Maybe next time the thread is able to talk about other things in the manga.

>Maybe next time the thread is able to talk about other things in the manga.
Unfortunately don't see that happening since Taichifags are hellbent on bitching and moaning. I'd be more than happy to discuss the latest chapter since I really enjoyed it. Hoping Chitose sticks around to see Chihaya play for a bit.

That's why I said you don't have to reply to every minor shipost. You won't get them to talk about anything else or the manga because they're not interested anyway.

This post exemplifies being unable to see reality for what it is through shipping goggles. The love triangle has always been the driving force behind this mediocre story that hard peaked with the anime. Thread are always full of shipping for this reason and not because of the shipperfags in the opposite camp.

*play with the feelings of her lovestruck orbiters for a bit
Fixed

>The love triangle has always been the driving force behind this mediocre story that hard peaked with the anime.
I disagree. The manga just keeps getting better and better. I am glad that the climax is this October though. I don't want this going on for another year, a few months max is fine by me.

We need to hype Chihayafuru goddamnit.

Threads might be a bit more alive this Fall.

I can't believe that S3 is going to be a thing after all these years.

Suetsugu was approached about another season years ago actually. They asked her if the manga would still running in 2019 because 2019 was the latest they would air another season, and her reply was that it might be ending Spring, which was when the 3rd season was suppose to air. Suetsugu also declared that she'll unlikely be finished with the manga by October, but the climax will definitely happen. Which is the same month the 3rd season was moved to. Looks like they want the anime to line up with something big in manga-since they can't line up with the ending which will probably talk place in 2020, they settled for the climax of the story.

So we won't be seeing the end of the manga animated?
That's a shame. But I'm just happy to see Chihaya animated again.

>male mangaka
>male mc is a faggot 99/100
>female mangaka
>all the male pgs are CHAD, tall, strong, intelligent, violent and rape-ish
what does this mean bros

>So we won't be seeing the end of the manga animated?
No, definitely not. The second season is just the usual amount of episodes. We won't even get to Taichi vs. Arata. Another season could happen though. There is a chance that the entire manga is adapted.

Read more manga.

Why though?

dem lips though. gives me boners.

God, I hope you're wrong. I hate Taichi so much.

Attached: 1530915470352.jpg (1280x720, 415K)

There's literally nothing wrong with Taichi, faggot.

I read through the posts and have to agree with the user who thinks the triangle isn't resolved yet. Chihaya has not given a clear answer to Taichi yet. However, she DID reject Arata but he just said to keep waiting until the match is over. In that sense Taichi and Chihaya has a way higher chance of happening.

That is kind of the point, you fucking degenerate dipshit. He's the perfect prince, he's filthy rich, he's the top student despite we never seeing him pick up a fucking book, he's also athletic and extremely popular, just perfect in every single way. Arata on the other hand is just an autistic guy who was bullied by Prince Faggius VI as a kid and only has karuta going for him. That and the Chihayabowl of course. Just let Arata have a fucking break. Prince Taichi is just an annoying perfect little faggot who doesn't even care about the people he dates. And I'm supposed to care that he's pining for Chihaya? Give me a fucking break.

Chihaya x Arata is a legendary ship of sheer adversity and autism, Chihaya x Taichi is just boring teenage high school romance with the bad guy winning in the end.

Attached: 1552539043309.jpg (1280x720, 684K)

It's the other way around. She didn't reject Arata and said she will respond to him later.

You got it wrong.

They look slutty

Chihaya has given a clear answer to Taichi. She rejected him. It’s Arata she hasn’t given a clear answer to, and won’t until she feels worthy enough going by that one scene in the manga.

How much time has passed in-story? Chihaya would be a real bitch if she keeps him in limbo by telling him to wait, then turns him down.

IIRC, she only said sorry to Taichi when he was already out of the room. She didn't reject him clearly. We'll have to wait.

Never expected Yea Forumsnons to get so fired up about the husbando wars of a josei series of all things, but it's a nice surprise. That said, karuta end is best end.

>How much time has passed in-story?
A few months. Taichi confessed a few chapters after Arata confessed. Arata understands though since he knows and can relate to putting Karuta first.

He heard her sorry.

Attached: 0138-015.jpg (985x1400, 290K)

I don't even mind Taichi losing, I just hate autistic Aratafags.

>implying that taichifags aren't even more autistic

Dumb bitch. I hope she realizes that she's scarred him for life.

Back the fuck away from my waifu

>Taichi is just an annoying perfect little faggot who doesn't even care about the people he dates. And I'm supposed to care that he's pining for Chihaya? Give me a fucking break.
this.

That's what he interpreted and she didn't say it to his face. And to be honest that sorry was very ambiguous.

>she didn't say it to his face.
Cause he left. He knew the answer that was coming.

>And to be honest that sorry was very ambiguous.
Sorry is a common rejection.

fuck u

Only a demented t**chifag would rudepost like that.

Attached: 1549332001184.jpg (1280x720, 695K)

This. But Arata is as interesting as watching paint dry. Prime self-insert material.

>wealthy
>pretty boy
>popular
>good grades
Taichi is the one that's perfect for self-inserting.

Attached: 1559708371532.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

>>wealthy
>>pretty boy
>>popular
>>good grades
Not sure you know what's the meaning of self-insert but that's not how it works lmao.

>lmao
Interesting.

>lmao
Very telling post.

This is husbando wars, you need to think like a cumdumpster. Do you go for the perfect boy who was a bully in his youth but you managed to change him by his love for you or do you go for the creepy quiet kid with the weird a accent that plays cards all day? Yeah, Tai-kun is the self-insert choice and the lesser mangaka will pick him every time to pander to the audience.

Arata is superior though. Arata is quiet and contemplative. He's admirable because not only did he endure bullying he was still able to make the best of this situation because Chihaya was there to defuse the situation with an autism that rivalled his own. Theirs is the sweetest love story because they couldn't bridge the distance with phone calls, only with karuta autism. Pretty boy just came along for the ride. Rooting for him is futile.

Attached: 1541601728543.jpg (1280x720, 487K)

Taichi is a better fit for Chihaya.

She's a karuta idiot. Another karuta idiot is the perfect for someone like her.

>Pretty boy just came along for the ride.
Third wheel since childhood.

Attached: cutekids.jpg (2132x1600, 1.32M)

Chihaya and Arata have besides karuta absolutely nothing in common. Do you even realize how shallow their relationship is going to be?

>Chihaya and Arata have besides karuta absolutely nothing in common.
And what do her and Taichi have in common? If you really wanna talk about common interests, Shinobu is the one she should be with since they're both obsessed with the cards and those two mascots.

This. Can't agree more.

What does the show have in common with the sock? They have karuta in common and soon they'll also have babbys. Taichi can be the godfather or he can just fuck off. And I fail to see what Taichi has in common with Chihaya other than karuta. It's all karuta. Karuta, karuta everywhere you look.

Also, you're failing to think like a cumdumpster. What do you hate the most about your loved one? His mother. It's the classic evil mother-in-law trope. And while Tai-kun's mother was persistently shooing her through the years, at least Arata's mother offered her yams once.

Attached: 1537529424473.jpg (1280x720, 503K)

>And I fail to see what Taichi has in common with Chihaya other than karuta. It's all karuta. Karuta, karuta everywhere you look.
Exactly. You''ll be hard pressed to find a relationship that doesn't have karuta at its core.

You're starting to get it, user. And Arata x Chihaya just has the best karutas.

>this thread
Didn't know people were this fervent about this show. The best part was the matches and the character development.
I'm happy and sad that Taichi moved away from a something that was an unfruitful venture (Chiahaya). I am really looking forward to his character develop in S3.

Attached: 1548222900935.jpg (900x520, 118K)

From all the spoilers in this thread it seems like the Queen will not win Aratabowl.
Dropped.

>I am really looking forward to his character develop in S3.
The anime will probably end right after his confession if we have the usual 25/26 episodes so we won't be seeing his development in the upcoming season.

I love you, Suzu!!!

Chihaya is literally worst girl.
Shinobu, Oe and Empress are best girls.

>I herd you were talking shit about karuta

Attached: 1536789987183.jpg (1280x720, 685K)