Why are revenge isekai plots so bad?

Why are revenge isekai plots so bad?

Attached: EdgeSekai.jpg (2251x3220, 2.59M)

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?s=d&iie=1&q=https://mangadex.org/title/34404/fukushuu-o-koinegau-saikyou-yuusha-wa-yami-no-chikara-de-senmetsu-musou-suru
mangadex.org/title/37088/the-wolf-won-t-sleep
dualshockers.com/iori-yagami-isekai-novel/
pastebin.com/jFtPwsvD
youtube.com/watch?v=zs367MXPtMw
mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=135558
youtube.com/watch?v=rvKtl6OprX0
projecthydrogen.wordpress.com/game-nai-ni-hatte/
youtube.com/watch?v=80jeLe1enEU
mangadex.org/title/36733/save-load-no-dekiru-yadoya-san
novelupdates.com/series/the-prodigy-sefirias-overpowering-program/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

too much of "edgy drama" and too little of count of monte cristo, dungeon seeker wasnt that bad even if it was edgy the MC at least keep part of his humanity, the world around him may be shit but he wasnt going to become shit.

he should have had the princess get raped in front of everyone, kino healer would have done it

Attached: e15.png (1125x1600, 744K)

In dungeon seeker, MC gets sold out by his childhood friend because she's a coward, but the retarded evil face she has makes it look stupid. It's like it was written by a middle school kid

Attached: dungeon seeker.jpg (800x1137, 204K)

do you think she will get raped in the next chapter? i mean he did something and the female knight said "i... to the princess..."

bump

I disagree but even if they were i still like them, it's cathartic power fantasies so the plot doesn't have to be as strong.

Sauce?

lmgtfy.com/?s=d&iie=1&q=https://mangadex.org/title/34404/fukushuu-o-koinegau-saikyou-yuusha-wa-yami-no-chikara-de-senmetsu-musou-suru

Dammit I didn’t ask for feels in my isekai.

Attached: 30DCD638-6C5B-4890-88E9-DCFA437B0BBB.png (875x1244, 523K)

>Why are revenge plots bad?
FTFY. Any plot revolving around gratifying a base desire to redress wrongs is going to be weak, because it's an extremely simple concept to base your work on. Tarantino's a great example of how this degrades a body of work.

Because you can taste the pandering to the angry otakus.

>If it's simple it's bad
Imagine being this fucking braindead holy shit

Maybe simplistic was a bad word to choose. Restrictive might be better. Revenge stories tend to either be very restrained in terms of following a predictable arc or very repetitive, and because the arc of revenge caters to a primal desire people tend to be accepting of it. This is what I mean when I say it's simplistic; I've yet to see a revenge narrative that has surprised me in the least.

Why are Isekai hated to begin with?

horrible execution

probably because you're older than 15 which the genre is not looking for

"it's a lazy man's fantasy genre" - user

At least this panel was pretty nice, I laughed a bit.

Attached: 16 (1).png (1125x1600, 894K)

how is this isekai

Because if you have a second chance at life, your goals should be significantly bigger than revenge. Especially for things people haven't done to you, in their personal timeline.

Attached: Absolute Madman.jpg (473x470, 88K)

It was mentioned once so far, in this page. The isekai tag just draws attention I guess, could have easily done without it.
Then again that's the case with most isekai stories.

Attached: s4.png (1126x1600, 902K)

Is this the John Wick of isekai?

because isekai is really really bad.

Stop reading/watching bad revenge plot media, if you can see where a plot is heading the impact will probably be lessened but it doesn't make it bad at all, every story caters to "primal desires" in some form or another that also doesn't make it bad writing simply because of that.

Japs just can't do revenge plots

they always hold back trying to keep the MC a moralfag try to make the villains even more villainous (as if the torture the villains done before is not enough to condemn them), and they make several SoL, grinding, and harem antics chapters before any target even shows up.

villains just being so cartoony you can't imagine them IRL doesn't help either

>just read kino healer
>expect something like Overlord
>or at least Kino Seeker
>instead get Maou no Hajimekata

disappointing other heroes would probably enjoy MC's raping given that they're just twisted perverts (guard captain was good though). Hopefully the Tanya imouto will deliver.

What I want is something like Summon Slaughterer but more deserving of it. Like the Kingdom is trying to screw the hero but the hero is like "you want to do that but I'm an OP motherfucker so" and then proceeds to slaughter the royal family and guards and walk out the front door not giving a fuck.
Or a classroom isekai without the "innocent bullied MC" just in the perspective of a class of assholes abusing their OP powers and turning the world into their own playground sure they did that in Strongest Fairy and Instant Death but I want them to be the protags not the antags

nidome no yuusha. too bad the manga art is so-so, the LN illustrations are good at least

Attached: 53.jpg (1740x1236, 438K)

Because the setup is always written like it was put together by an actual fucking infant with zero comprehension of what makes a good revenge plot

Because the main character is usually a self insert for the author and reader because generally these stories are ways for people qho never stoo up for themselves to jwrk off to their unfufilled fantasies, and the more general, easily digested and most easily relatable the revenge fantasy is, the broader the appeal of an already rather unappealing genre, becomes

Because expecting Heart of Darkness or Dorian Grey out an ironically absurdly xenophobic culture thats arguably best work has been blatant ripoffs, who's heights of influental Fanasy works culminate into denying their warcrimes and pretending that jerking off to underage under developed women isnt an advanced form of pedophilia, is a level of stupidity indescribable beyond that its only matched by as described before

Because engrish translators butcher what little nuance the story may have had for overt, in your face, door mat Anakin
>II HUTE UOUS OBE JUAN LIEK I HATE SAND
Levels of just comical outrage and anger about as genuine as Hitomi Tanakas tits

Because the plots are generally arbitrary, the characters comical and scum suckingly irredeemable as Josef Stalin, and the main character always seemibgly justified in their ends to jusify means attitude

Fuckin take your pick i guess

Attached: Some+neat+stuff+by+himura+kiseki+part+1+of+i_c12af4_7133609.jpg (715x1000, 208K)

because edge when done by hack writers often turns into a cringefest and if an author is writing isekaishit chances are he is a hack

You English as well as the translators you're complaining about.

They aren't edgy enough. If people were there to watch the protagonist add cute girls to his harem and/or pull pranks in an action-fantasy setting, they'd be picking from the literally thousands of manga over several decades of that being the go-to premise for low-effort shit. You can't pull punches if you're going to go full edge.

I like Ijimekaishi because the protagonist's response to tearful begging is to beat the target to death with a crowbar. Trash also delivers.

Attached: 018.jpg (1800x1280, 930K)

what I expect
>MC gets fucked
>MC gets power
>MC uses power to fuck over people who fuck them

>MC gets fucked
>MC gets power
>MC buys slave
>MC gets other harem girls
>girl apart of the crew that fuck him is now begging for his cock
>MC spends several chapters grinding levels
>MC contemplates whether it's right to kill people (even though he swore to kill people in the beginning)
>crew attacks innocent people for the lulz
>MC then uses power to fuck them to save/avenge those innocent people

and that's why I read chinkshit when the MC is strong enough they just kill them (though still after chapters of grinding).

>priestess threw herself into MC's dick

Slut

Literally this.
Had edgy mcs go full Anime Tanya instead of the pussyass Manga Tanya then the GLORIOUS RAMPAGE OF REVENGE would be fulfilling.
Instead it goes half-measures trying to be a moralfag WHILE still going after revenge.
Either go full edgelord or go full moralfag ffs.

Because the big climax for the reader is supposed to be their epic revenge and the catharsis against the "fake friend who betrayed him/ person who NTR'd him and the girl/ stuck up noble who bullies him/ ect" but it comes out in the most autistic way that it's hard to actually take any of these people are characters seriously

It is perfectly reasonable to hold translators to a higher standard than the average shitposter.

>MFW revenge isekai.

Attached: Aprovesinmexican.jpg (202x333, 54K)

I like edge when it's the MC giving shit to the world. Don't like edge when it's the world giving shit to the MC (unless the MC overcomes it or deserves it). Guess that's why I like Chinese ones more than Korean or Japanese edge.

because the plot revolves around revenge. The difference between this and something like a movie or a book is that you can get through those relatively quickly while manga is paced slower

>Ijimekaishi
Did you mean Himekishi? Google is failing me for both the image you posted and "Ijimekaishi". The closest thing I could find was Himekishi ga Classmate which seems like generic ecchi harem trash.

* Ijimekaeshi

What if the one getting revenge is a cute girl?

Attached: scarlet manga.jpg (665x296, 63K)

God that's a crowded page

Riku did it better.

natives don't count

Attached: 980i17d.png (627x892, 553K)

>new chapter of DROPPED

Attached: Q10.jpg (678x966, 382K)

>beating the shit out of corrupt nobles

More like JUSTICE amirite?

>Why are isekai plots so bad?
FTFY

what is the name of this kino healer? for real say the name of the manga

it's ruined

Attached: x29.jpg (1125x1600, 1.03M)

They're an isekai

When will people learn to not use upscaled raws and that better ones are available?

Okay Canada

for real? alright since we are being real. Boku no pico

Edginess can seem cringey and tryhard but if you really go all our with the edge it can become enjoyable.

stop complaining you entitled faggot or I'll just stop the translation because fuck you I'm so sick of you asshole bitching about every fucking thing tat is done FOR FREE

>Want hero to torture and endlessly abuse his enemies
>Make everyone else an irredeemable asshole so your protag is still the good guy no matter what he does
low torture fantasy.

When people stop being retarded, so absolutely never. There was even prior translation with better raws, but no, they couldn't just ask where the better raw was from.

It wouldn't be fun if it made you hate the MC.

Revenge just seems kind of meaningless to me when the character is all powerful.
There's plenty of MC's that go off the deep end torturing people and shit. I could understand this critique for a few moments in Shield Hero or something, but in general I don't think it's true across the board.

i fucking hate you

More than revenge itself, it's a problem with almost all stories about violence aimed at otaku.
I don't know how to put it in words exactly, but if you look at japanese movies, violence and revenge stories are either about monsters fighting monsters in a society of normal people (eg a lot of over the top yakuza movies) or you have normal people being victims of a normal society.

Instead in stories for otaku you have this normal guy who is a victim of a completely fucked up society who seems to actively take enjoyment out of it, and there is this weird situation where you are supposed to think that people who are completely over the top are the norm.
Then, of course, there is the whole thing about how the story feels like a feel good masturbation for frustrated losers, but this is true for basically everything that features nobility and/or adventurers as villains.

because they pander to the most base and crass aspects of the human experience. Sometimes, they can work when they turn it into a character analysis where the protagonist is forced to face the fact that they are just as wicked and evil as those they are avenging themselves on. Most, however, make the world a sickeningly bleak and cruel place solely to justify the psychotic behavior of the protagonist.

TL;DR they are just more polished versions of those revenge diaries high school edge lords write to make themselves feel better.

Isekai are bad by default.

It is kinda "so bad, it is good"

What about isekai+battle harem?
Double negative

kino healer turning that guy into a girl was the ultimate isekai edge kino.

What are you reading today? Edgy shit? Cute otome shit? Slow life shit?

It’s okay that you enjoy eating shit, but don’t expect others to.

That's less double negative and more adding two negative numbers together

Probably my biggest problem with revenge isekai is that I struggle to understand why the characters are doing what they are doing.
Like, in the op's pic, is the girl actually killing a guy because he rejected her? and people are actually cheering?

>should have her raped
Agree, though it'd give her a chance to get pregnant

Edmond Dantes was a legit bastard who ruined the lives of good people and innocent for his revenge and the novel didn't shy from it, arguably more of a monster than many of his targets. He still came off as relatable.

>he just leaves
but why

>gets adapted into anime
>anime: "that was the work of an EVIL SPIRIT!"

japs can't into revengefaggotry

>princess got pregnant
>wait till the fetus is 9 months old
>Hero deliver the baby by pulling it out with his hands
>BABY FUCK BABY FUCK IT'S AWWWWWWWWRIGHT in front of the princess

>Doesn't even kill her
>"I'll be back when you're pretty again~"
Knowing the quick to pussy out on any actual edge japs, something tells me they'll find some way to not actually give this whore death and may actually redeem her at that with some possession bullshit
Knowing.Nips, knowing nips...

>low torture fantasy
I meant low effort

Like say, they can't even be bothered to give their villains proper motivation, especially since once they're actual characters rather than caricature it's much more difficult to justify torturing them with glee.

because the betrayal came too fast. I need time to get attached to the MC to root for him when he gets betrayed. Same with shield hero.

>Jap revenge
>bitch kills guy's friends and family and ruins his entire life
>roughs her up a bit and leaves

>Chinese revenge
>bitch's family attacks guy's non-cultivating father
>uses borrowed airforce to red wedding bitch's entire family and then rape her while her fiance watches all on said wedding night

That anime had nice aesthetics at least.

that's what happens when you let permavirgins write fantasy.

Attached: 1547184120022.jpg (768x1024, 347K)

If he actually ruined her womb like Yea Forums told me, then he fucked her up a lot worse than rape.

Shield hero made me realize I am better than reading that trash.

t. moefag

Thankfully nobody has to choose between shield hero and that

How dare you insult the great genius Sakamoto666

reading play by play
finne x bard > prince x tsunvillainess > normie gods

Nah, I think they're good

It's the journey, not the destination.

Nobody went to a Shakespeare tragedy show in the past because they weren't sure if Macbeth was going to win in the end, or Romeo and Juliet were going to live happily ever after. Everybody knew they were dead the moment their names got on the title. It was always the exact same formula. But that doesn't change whether or not it's worth watching.

If you know something has a revenge plot, the revenge journey has to be good. The audience has to be rooting for the protag at the end and want to see it finished like they were told is going to happen. John Wick isn't a popular movie because of its intricate plot and complicated writing. It's popular because everybody was told this was going to be a straight-forward but fantastic murder rampage and that's exactly what they got.

If a revenge story is shit, either you're just biased, or the story didn't do its job of actually being a good plot. A revenge plot by itself isn't automatically a failure for existing. Bad execution is also way more believable than "hurr they all suck".

Agreed, its all about execution. Chip Kelly was right all along.

>manga updated many months ago
What a shame.

>mfw sharing the same name of a revenge autist

So weird.

Attached: 1544118773223.png (1024x819, 317K)

From what little we saw on the manga it looks like she cares the most about having a kid rather than well...anything? so once they figure out all that blood was from her destroyed womb then this manga will go from 3/10 to 5/10

Good revenge;
>Protagonist wronged, works to bring justice to the villain
Bad revenge;
>DIE MOTHERFUCKER DIE MOTHERFUCKER DIE (aka the series in OP)

Revenge Isekai is flawed in that it's just fetish shit. It isn't well written, it almost always has an awful cast, and it the premise doesn't warrant much content.

Because the point isn't revenge, it's redemption and healing.

That doesn't sound like much of a story user.

They're cheering because they believe he's a villain.
She tried to recruit him, he refused, her powerbase is dependent upon fear and her allies must know what happens when they turn on her.

it's gay but understandable.

Attached: black dad.jpg (1210x1294, 318K)

Because the targets of the revenge are all too weak to actually pose a threat to the MC most of the time. It's all just the MC overpowerng them and horribly torturing them before killing them. From the beginning it's clear that there's absolutely no chance of the MC filing to get his revenge. You want to make a good isekei revenge story here's an idea make the target of the MC's revenge really fucking strong to the point where the MC has no chance against them in 1on1 combat along with being practically immune to ambushes and go from there that way it's will actually be an accomplishment when the MC gets his revenge.

TLDR: They're all just edgy curbstomps.

Attached: 1145511.png (1100x846, 339K)

I think revenge isekai are fun, the more over the top the better.

I figured the arc would be a bunch of white knights trying to "bring him to justice" for destroying the kingdom's entire government only for him to show them how ass backwards their civilization is. It'd be like peerless martial god but more smug and pretentious

an entire series of him doing pic related

Attached: laugh.jpg (600x600, 31K)

>You want to make a good isekei revenge story here's an idea make the target of the MC's revenge really fucking strong to the point where the MC has no chance against them in 1on1 combat along with being practically immune to ambushes and go from there that way it's will actually be an accomplishment when the MC gets his revenge.

But the edgiest and arguably worst written of them, Healslut's revenge, does that? He makes it clear the King is so ludicrously overpowered that he could probably curbstomp half the kingdom if he wanted to and he seems bored when he's not bitching about his daughter being dead, even his other daughter is supposedly OP.

I still wouldn't feel like its an accomplishment if he won because so many random ass coincidences have happened to get him there.

You are wrong.

I feel like most of the posters are bringing up examples from not-isekai works. I actually can't recall too many isekai related revenge plots that were super edgy aside from OP's pic, even Shield Hero dropped the whole revenge thing faster than a Racoon would for some trash.

Most of these do a poor job at showing what the main characters life is like knowing X person is alive. Revenge is a very big step to take and there is always an implication that the character cannot live a normal life unless they are able to take revenge. Unfortunately this is rarely shown and sometimes the character is completely well adjusted aside from maybe scowling whenever they see their target.

This.

Sorry for enjoying things the wrong way then

Revenge stories also work best when there's only one target having multiple targets just causes the narrative to drag. Revenge stories should be relatively short since they should only focus on the MC's revenge. This makes them terrible for anime related mediums since those tend to get dragged out as long as possible.

Well all over the top for revenge stories brings to mind is excessive focus on torture and enjoying that would mean you like seeing really detailed torture.

Attached: 35f3aa77d764183e8d679c2b2ee9656ec43fc54c.jpg (850x652, 160K)

Because you're a fucking SJW. Literally SJW normalfags are infested all over Yea Forums nowadays.

This genre is actually plagued by worse than just bad execution: It's plagued by broken promises. Imagine if you saw a new Friday the 13th trailer that just had Jason standing there with a bloody machete. You know what that means. You get excited, go on opening night, grab a hot dog and take your seat, and get ready for the gore fest. The movie starts. Two teenagers go into an old shack and hold hands. Jason appears. He cuts down the wall of the shack with the machete. He then drops the machete and gives the teenagers wedgies because the director is too much of a pussy to show two teenagers having sex and then getting brutally murdered.

The authors of these edgefests know what they're promising, and they know that it isn't a generic harem with crazy faces or a "hah hah we changed her name to something wacky isn't that hilarious".

Sure why not, I liked Hellraiser

I want an isekai protagonist who comes from a world where his moral code is so different from the isekai world that the isekai people literally cant understand what hes assblased about and why he wants revenge.

Kou 1 Desu ga Isekai de Joushu Hajimemashita

The womb shit is still not enough
Chinks are just better at actually writing real REVENGE
Nips are naturally "if you kill this mass-murdering serial killer rapist, you'll be NO BETTER than him!" Moral fags.
It's why even their supposed revenge stories just miss the fucking mark

What part of twintails even looks like a heroine, let alone a heroine archetype standin
She's just the bitchy rival our hero is supposedly growing out of the role of

I can't wait for more Finne in the manga, she's great

>real REVENGE
>"and then I quadruple killed all your armies and ruined your family and took you down verbally and physically while making you look like a fool! Aren't I so great and you a stinky doodoo head?"
By comparison yes, but in execution no

Because the author doesn't write a story. They write about themselves.

>They write about themselves
true, assuming it all falls within the four or five isekai templates they all use

Sakamoto666-sama is definitely an irl middle-school chuuni in the same vein as Rikka from Chuunibyou.

>Count of Monte Cristo is betrayed and goes on a max revenge keikaku rampage physically mentally socially and economically destroying the lives of his targets
>10/10 what an amazing work of classic literature
>Isekai boi is betrayed and gets one shot at revenge
>OMG you can't just call people bitch/kill people/NTR people like that, why does the author hate humanity so much?
Explain this shit

Attached: 1548804090749.jpg (1020x718, 242K)

When the Shit Hero decided the cunt who ruined his reputation, made his life hard, made several genuine attempts at his and his party's lives, punishment a "hilarious" name change I knew I was watching shit and promptly dropped it into the toilet

Because Dantes doesn't have superpower, he's only rich due to the treasures.

Chink shit is bad for different reasons. The MCs are legit soulless. One person from one clan offends the MC and that's justifiable cause for them to slaughter an entire clan filled with hundreds (sometimes thousands) of completely unrelated and often innocent characters. One of the most popular methods that these authors use in order to add a new character into a harem is rape. I'm not joking. This isn't an exaggeration. They justify it because of muh aphrodisiac, but it's really just rape.

You got me. I don't consider The Count of Monte Cristo and Shield Hero to be literary equals. Probably just because of my hypocrisy, and for no other reason whatsoever

>uses borrowed airforce to red wedding bitch's entire family and then rape her while her fiance watches all on said wedding night
Can you tell the name of the series?

Revenge isekais where the MC goes back in time to get his revenge is the absolute lamest shit there is. The perpetrators don't remember jack shit. At the end of the day, they're really just strangers with an uncanny likeliness. Completely takes away from the satisfaction.
This is the one flaw in Kino Healer's story.

>French revenge
>bitches frame guy as a Bonapartist and gets him locked in prison
>lets bitch 1 get ganked after giving him every chance to redeem himself, he was never worth his time
>exposes bitch 2's treason and destroys his family name, tries to kill his son in a duel but gets out-keikakued, drives him to suicide
>crashes the stock market to wipe out bitch 3's fortune and ruins his reputation by arranging for his dyke daughter to get conned in a marriage scam and then skip town, starves him to the edge of death
>engineers bitch 4's wife to poison the entire family to death, ruin his public reputation by exposing his infidelity and attempted infanticide, and drive him insane forever
Frogs don't fuck around

I'm currently hooked on stories where the MC runs a shop/store/restaurant. My current favorite is the chinese one with the internet cafe.

cordelia a cute

Attached: ganbatte.png (147x253, 44K)

Tried reading the slave guy who wanted to become a king but holy shit don't I want some bigger guy or monster to beat the shit out of him or rape his wives

You're reminding me that the series where the nip gets time traveled back to the Napoleonic war and ends up serving as an officer under Wellington will never get tl'd.

Ghost Tawawa needs to come back.

Ah another type of I know better threads

yeah but its worse as this is the thread

Low-hanging fruit that appeals to the gamer nerd audience.

Because it's shitty revenge porn for ugly and shitty men. People that are so horny but mad that they lack any ounce of social skill required to get someone to even want to talk to them. So all they can do is furiously masturbate to cartoons of "evil women" "getting raped/killed/tortured". They are so pitiful and twisted that it's the only way they can even imagine sticking their dick into someone.

Please tell me the story is about MC cunningly sabotaging Wellington and involves a French invasion of the UK with a fleet of oversized hot air balloons.

Fuck off, Frog.

Because "revenge" and "isekai" is a double down on escapist fantasies
it's made exclusively by the most bitter, pitiful souls alive that just happen to have the skills to realize it

Because Japan lost the war. American power fantasy is to be a superhero with great responsibility reflecting the postwar world policeman role of the US, Japanese power fantasy is "I've just been holding back this whole time but I secretly have great power and can now have REVENGE" reflecting the postwar world disarmed vassal state role of Japan

kek never thought about it like that but I guess that does explain why americans love capeshit so much

Revenge stories are the shittiest form of storytelling in the first place. It's a prime example of how disgustingly hypocritical and morally braindead normalfags are. Mix that with the second worst genre of storytelling, Isekai, and you just get garbage. Honestly don't know what anyone with more than half a brain expect from reading these painfully mediocre stories.

oh cool, it looks like oniichanyamete is considered an inactive translator for sheddy now

From what I've seen, Japanese revenge isekai is too formulaic.
>fug I got fugged
>but I will have my revenge thanks to [asspull]
>no I'm not going to think about [asspull] too much, it was too convenient
>luckily my revenge target is this hot chick who I totally don't find hot anymore, but I will probably rape a bit
>alright I beat her ass 1v1 but I can't just KILL her, that's 2ez
>I'll annoy her and leave
>I better leave the country before they send the po po after me
>but not before grabbing myself a beastwoman slave
>don't worry she wants revenge too
And then they struggle from there to continue with the plot.

Attached: 1426739033765.gif (600x800, 122K)

The thread is shittier than revenge isekais

>Dissing Shield Hero of all things.

Attached: Glaresinmexican.jpg (145x162, 22K)

> how disgustingly hypocritical and morally braindead normalfags
I wouldn't consider LN authors normalfags. If anything, they're Yea Forumsnons that couldn't cope with life.

Isekai is so fucking garbage, how can you watch this past the age of 12 ?

>how can you watch this past the age of 12 ?
Same shit reason you're here in this monggolian basket weaving board.

>isekai
there you have it

Simple. Author just hates women for no good reason

Sooo... Mai-chan's Everyday Life final?

>no good reason

Who was he thinking about when the bird said he needed someone he was in love with when under the influence of the other chick?

All of the many genres of literature in the world, and you chose to write isekai.
good choice

Attached: minotaur.png (500x358, 67K)

it's a Native

Don't compare Dantes to isekai protags. He doesn't go around just slapping the shit out of people he doesn't like all willy-nilly. The guy's a walking fucking deus ex machina, sure, but his role basically just amounts to a fucking rope peddler. He gives them the rope to hang themselves with. That's all. Sure, the man is ludicrously competent. He knows his targets better than they themselves do, well enough to make their mothers green with envy. The man makes fucking God look ignorant, and is basically the best at everything forever. But that's not what the book's about.

He doesn't care about that, he doesn't just bash them into submission with his overwhelming might, and boy does he have it. He's better than everyone else at what they do best, and in terms of ability, has no weakness. But he doesn't just waddle his neet ass up to them and upstage them, making out with jailbait by the truckload. They have very little direct interaction, and what little they do have is just for him to feel smug at home or acting as another pawn in his game. He's less a character and more an in-universe author, working on his own little rendition of Aesop's fables.

He's the architect to their demise, not the prime mover. He doesn't act, he doesn't make them. He's playing God in their little bubble of the world, setting the stage for them. They're the ones walking the labyrinth of his construction. It's their choices, their flaws, their ambition that plots the course for them. He walks them to a cliff and THEY WALK OFF IT. He doesn't just drop a fucking boulder on them and giggle as they go splat.

Don't compare the Count to some common revenge stories, and don't compare Alexander Dumbass's work to some fucking webnovel litRPG schlock.

And before you say anything, yes, the Count's still the better character by a mile. It's just not the focus.

Slow life + Gore

Attached: Do-You-Think-Someone-Like-You-Can-Defeat-the-Demon-King.jpg (600x853, 184K)

>Alexander Dumbass
Really?

you guys should read daoist gu, it's a legit villain mc who stays evil the whole way through because it's the easiest way to climb up the power ladder until bugmen government censored it at the start of the month for being too anti-government and tiananmen square day was around the corner

Most isekai is shitty wish fulfillment. Revenge isekai is shitty wish fulfillment for bad people. Naturally that makes it worse.

He set me up!

I never percieve Isekai as "damn I wish I was transported to another world to get a harem". I know I would fuck up there as much as I do here. Even if you get magic powers getting Isekaied doesn't make you any smarter.

Why I enjoy Isekai is all the RPG gimmicks they have. Also evolutions like in pokemons or digimons if protag reincarnates as monster. I like that shit, even if plot is mediocre at best.

However all those revenge fics make me disgusted with protag in how not only douche they act, but how static they are. Shit Hero is told multiple times that he acts evil, but he downright states that he knows but REFUSES to change (At least in WN). Revenge protags change exactly ONCE at the beginning become assholes and then stay like this even when everything goes well for them.

Based and correctpilled

Raeliana and Rasu bosu

>chink shit
no thanks

Because it's inherently flawed to begin with. It throws up the betrayal right in the first chapter, with the hero declaration of making the traitors suffer, and the traitors cackling away, not giving us enough time or development to care for the hero.
The MC is usually a pathetic blank state, only filled with awful and bitter feelings, which makes him really hard to root for. The traitors are made cartoonishly evil to justify the ugly desires of torture, death and destruction of the MC, and they're not given any kind of depth, charm or redeeming qualities to make sure you don't like them or feel bad when the character kills them, something you know before hand it WILL happen.
And to justify the hero's desires, the traitors evilness and the actions the hero will commit (gory, violent and brutal), the world shown will be a shitty place, with almost every character being evil and cruel, and the few traces of warmth extinguished or ridiculed.

To sum it up. Revenge isekai is vapid, superficial, ugly and exhausting. There's so much edge you can handle before it gets dull and numb. Edge is good to in certain doses, but edge alone can move a story forward, or at least a good one.

Wording this.

Looks like the new TL got a permission from oniichanyamete.

you're missing out user there's no cringy revenge shit or any harem waifu just pure keikaku

OH MY SPRING AUTUMN CICADA
Still love it though it was a genius way to incorporate a pseudo desu ex machina since he still has to fix shit on his own.

ALL isekai are bad. The revenge aspect just grants it a different flavor of bad.

>social recluses create their fantasies about taking revenge on the women who rejected them
seriously sad

because it's the repressed angst and general anger (probably unfounded) of the writer
also it's to appeal to edgy kids I guess, though why I won't ever understand

>Monte Cristo
>the message is that revenge always has innocent casualties and hatred destroys your humanity unless you learn to forgive

>Isekai revenge
>rape rape rape

most don't even get to the raping and revenging

Even Hollywood does revenge stories better.
Instead of a torture fest and making the people who wronged you suffer and shit they get simply killed and the MC moves on like a man.
It is also shit when the MC is totally overpowered in contrast to those he slaughters as the revenge should be something that has to be earned.

Attached: giphy.gif (500x213, 1.66M)

>for no good reason
Women already give us hundreds of reasons to hate them.

great taste. Are you reading the LN or the WN?

It's very childish and reeks of middle school but there must be an audience for it.

Based.

If you kill him, you will be just like him

More like if you kill your enemies, they win.

So if you kill yourself, you win?

But if he's not totally overpowered, how the hell do you even sell isekai??

How can you even defend it? It's pure, unadulterated schlock, and not in the good way where it's actually enjoyable.

Get out while you still can. These schmucks are going on about how "we" always loved fucking arifureta now.

Like this

Attached: videssos cycle.jpg (174x289, 10K)

Revenge stories are good up until the MC winds up getting a companion.
Its really hard for a jap author to publish a book without a cute girl but if you want to have a good revenge story you need to have the MC be as prideful as they are mad.

Fuck the first prince, I hates the smug-genius type and his scheme to get an image of her hard-working face angers me. I would literally prefer any ending than pairing him with Scarlet

A lot of modern revenge manga are written by sad nerds who probably got picked on a lot in their adolescent years, so now they're just kinda obsessed with living out their fantasies through their creations. There's a lot of shallow bitterness. Overly visceral and minimal actual thought.

Plus the target of their vengeance is always some extremely shallow evil character whose motives are always insanely petty and thus it's impossible to sympathize with them in any way.

Because as far as settings go it's one of the laziest and overdone ones in existence and escapism in its purest form.

>laziest and overdone
>what is Japanese school

>Implying any isekai plots are good

Slice of life school stuff is overdone, yes, but it's just a setting that has a lot of flexibility. Isekai is mostly the same pseudo-European fantasy MMO bullshit with superficial twists.

>Because if you have a second chance at life, your goals should be significantly bigger than revenge.

It is funny because your pic related is literally entirely motivated by the beatings his previous life gave him, he is just in antagonism with the entire world, not specific people.

>but it's just a setting that has a lot of flexibility.
Guess what also has flexibility? Generic isekai setting, not that a newfag like you would know.

villainess dreams of being a murderhobo

Attached: tenseireijouwaboukensha1c.jpg (676x1000, 308K)

Would it be any better if a "revenge seeking MC" type character was the villain?

I don't mind the concept of a revenge isekai, but most MCs in them are one dimensional in that they lack development in other areas.

I mean, if this just passing glance of a (possible) Earth origin merits it as Isekai, they isn't Level 99 Gobbo Girl doesn't get treated as such?

>fundamental, instinctive human desires are bad to base plots around

lol what stupid advice. All the most engrossing storylines appeal to our most fundamental human instincts : love, family, jealousy, camaraderie, revenge, etc.

What is The Count of Monte Cristo? What is Hamlet? What is Wuthering Heights? What are many Greek tragedies?

>What are many Greek tragedies?
gay

This thread is so bad. Don't read it.

Attached: scared.jpg (496x224, 23K)

Shortstacks manga finally got TL'd

Attached: playboy05.png (691x989, 569K)

LN, it have more chapter after all tho I probably going to convert to WN when Baka finished translating vol 2.

I always mentally categorized it as isekaicore

Because its mostly juvenile fantasies.

They're not any worse than typical isekai.

Man, these frigging Isekai stories and their rambling fucking titles.
>Fukushuu o Koinegau Saikyou Yuusha wa, Yami no Chikara de Senmetsu Musou Suru

Can we just call this one fuk-u for short?

Well you should've told me so AT THE BEGINNING OF THE THREAD INSTEAD OF THE END

You should always start reading threads from the last post.

Read The Wandering Inn.

Why do you guys make OPs that attract shitposting

Because you don't make OPs that don't.

Their plot can only ever be one arc deep. After initial arc it degenerates into usual isekai, therefore revenge is just unnecessary

This thread sucks

Didn't read, fuck off back to

Reading this thread motivate me to finally taking a look at KINO SEEKER and boy what a ride
Just finished reading it and I enjoyed most of it but the end was really lackluster
By rushing it, the author didn't sharpen the edge enough to truly give us a good climax
too bad

>Wanting to deal with these plebs
wew

>He was beginning to think that the debt was to give him a reason to be with Lapis.
Ohnono he's evolving

I just call it Raul the Absolute Mad Lad.

What are the best isekai?
What is "Kino Healer"?
What is "Kino Seeker"?

Attached: 1552082170484.jpg (893x1263, 131K)

Brendel or Ho-Jae's Excellent Adventures

A lot of the times, it's ridiculously over-the-top, to the point that the protagonist is basically Jesus who did no wrong.

The best revenge story - period - is the Count of Monte Cristo, and you know why it's the best revenge story? Because everyone involved had a reason for making sure Edmond Dantes took a fall. Sure, some reasons were more noble than others, but they didn't do it because they hated him - In fact, some of them actually liked him. Many of them felt really bad about it.

The Count himself fucks up a few of them, but then realizes he's just spreading more and more misery. It doesn't mean that he doesn't break them, it just doesn't make him feel any better.

Yet John Wick who has an obviously overpowered MC is hailed as a masterpiece

John Wick isn't meant to be literary. It's popcorn entertainment. The movie's there for the choreography and the effects.

because they're not really revenge.

generally "revenge isekai" go like this

>mc does something good for world/people
>world fucks him over
>mc gets a redo/training arc
>mc starts to fuck over people who did him dirty
>mc starts fucking female behind it as "rape/revenge"
>mc doesn't kill her, simply keeps her as sex slave
>revenge is forgotten, after not really killing anyone
>evil woman becomes slave to dick

what they should be is

>189247507
because they're not really revenge.

generally "revenge isekai" go like this

>mc does something good for world/people
>world fucks him over
>mc gets a redo/training arc
>mc starts to fuck over people who did him dirty
>mc rapes woman who did him dirty, then throws her to rape monsters to kill her for good, stays and watches
>burns everything to the ground
>stands over conquered world as it's new overlord after pissing on the graves of everyone who crossed him.

How about subverting the usual story
>MC gets daily beatings by the guys in his class
>All the girls hate avoid him and call him a creep and pervert
>Teachers turn a blind eye to this
>The whole class gets the usual isekai deal with special skills
>MC is still ostracized and starts his revenge plan with his special bullshit skills
>Murder, rape and brainwashing happens
>Rest of the class realize what he is doing and beat his ass to death
>Flashback as he dies
>MC was a general piece of shit
>Tried to rape one of the girls a week before getting isekai
>Classmates noticed and stop him
>Reported to the police but avoided arrest and expulsion thanks to family connections and the usual Japanese mentality.
>Remaining classmates mourn and are show that while some are traumatized they are still well adjusted young adults unwilling to abuse their powers like MC did with them

Generally most wuxia stories with a revenge focus have a rather melancholy ending. Like the Stormriders, the protagonists defeat the man who murdered their fathers (And who also raised and trained them).

At the end, he's a broken man and insane, and they can't bring themselves to kill this shell of a person. Also, thousands of people died in the process, and the only good thing that came of it is that you have two kungfu ubermensch working together at last.

t. chink/gook

Praise Raul!

Attached: Raul Gonzalez.jpg (1800x2691, 1.69M)

The cover for this made it seem like the MC was gonna make the princess his by force and they would spend all their time trying to out-revenge one another with copious amounts of hate fucking on the side. Sad thing is that would've been an improvement.

Wait longer after also having isekai'd other species and get Codex Alera with another overpowered MC.

no... most wuxia/xanxia features whole clan slaughtering as an acceptable "revenge" with no consequences. This is why the heroes of wuxia are often disparaged as murderhobos.

rightfully so.

check out Against the Gods or Martial God Asura to see what I'm talking about. Better more nuanced writers like Gen Er usually es cue the murderhobo fantasy with sad ends for people who travel that path, most wuxia does not.

Typical Americans.

The sequel is better imo
Also RIP Frost

Shame that's the only thing it's notable for.

Make the villains hateable
Make the MC's wish for revenge feel justified
MC shouldn't be able to get his revenge very easily
At the end when MC gets his revenge, it should feel satisfying
Don't pussy out on the revenge.

That's it, but for some reason nips cannot do anything satisfying.

To be fair usually when you kill one clan member the rest of the clan starts going after your head so you don't really have much of a choice.

>HE'S THE SAME BUT IT DOESN'T COUNT
>LOL ISEKAI BAD
Good argument retard.

>It doesn't mean that he doesn't break them, it just doesn't make him feel any better.
Uh what. He ended his revenge after a little boy ended up dead because of his actions and he realized that he had exceeded the boundaries of his keikaku.

>In fact, some of them actually liked him. Many of them felt really bad about it.
Only two of them felt bad about it, but they were still assholes.

>Uh what. He ended his revenge after a little boy ended up dead because of his actions and he realized that he had exceeded the boundaries of his keikaku.

Yes, exactly. He packs it all in and decides to start a new life with this girl.

> Only two of them felt bad about it, but they were still assholes.

They were relatively realistic. More, most of them had families which he ended up destroying. The Count notably doesn't feel very good about that.

Not necessarily. Louis Chia (for example) tends to take a more nuanced look at things. Like Yang Guo and his dad - Yang Guo eventually accepts his father was a race-traitor and sort of had it coming. He never *seriously* tries to kill Guo Jing or Huang Rong, even though he really should've shanked their daughter AT LEAST.

>es cue
what the fuck

>200+ posts in and only 1 or 2 anons realized that the manga in OP is not revenge Isekai.
I don't know what to think, but whatever.

There are three major components to a revenge plot where any one being off can ruin the whole work. You can apply this to several other types of plots, but we'll just go over them in the scope of revenge plots. Premise, Delivery, and Payoff. It's essentially just other words for beginning, middle, and end.

>Premise
Is the wrong committed against our protagonist even reasonable, relatable, or outright believable in the first place? The author failing to establish a decent reason for revenge in the first place makes the work hard to take seriously and most of the time it never gets better from the very start. They killed my family, they ruined my reputation, they stole my love. These can all be valid reasons, but their executions can be outright comical. Especially the "villain's" reasons for committing these wrongs against our protagonist in the first place. A selfish reason or selfless reason can both be valid. Just to be a pointlessly evil douchebag or for shits and giggles isn't.

>Delivery
How does our protagonist attempt to get revenge? This will essentially be the meat of the work. Unless it isn't and his revenge is a triviality since the author gave him all the tools and abilities needed near immediately. There's also the opposite problem where they get sidetracked with so much other stuff on the path to revenge you start wondering if there's any point to revenge anymore from the protagonist's point of view. Essentially, revenge should be the one thing stringing our protagonist along the plot and his main reason. Otherwise, it stops being a revenge plot. However, if he gets to revenge too fast, it's not even a plot. Though aside from the length and pacing issues, bad writing will make it suck in general. This is true for practically all fiction though.

Did Shield Hero start this trend?

he gets his shit pushed twice in just the first movie.

>Payoff
This is the simplest part. How does the story end? A revenge plot does not necessarily have to end in revenge. Though some will definitely complain if it doesn't. The protagonist however should not get it without issue. Revenge in reality is oftentimes not a good solution for anything at all. Even the protagonist's satisfaction. Even if the protagonist has practically gone mad and all he can think about is revenge that still means he's thinking. Generally, nothing is fixed by the protagonist getting revenge. Unless it turns out the people he was getting revenge against are so cartoonishly evil that the world is 100% better off without them and does not need them at all for structural reasons like preventing a power vacuum or something. Revenge stories are the types that tend to not have good endings if they do go through with revenge. Which makes protagonists that get fantastic power and harems by the end as well seem extremely trite. If the protagonist has done something deserving of revenge against them as well during the whole thing, that can serve as recognition of the whole concept's folly. It however also serves to paint the story as hypocritical if it is made apparent the protagonist is at no threat from this and is "justified".

In the end, it's because revenge as a concept has to have good writing to support it and the majority of works don't really have good writing. People paint isekai as being generally poor, but really, most junior writing in general is flawed and isekai is full of Nip highschoolers.

Most isekai haters on Yea Forums tends to be parrots

Long story short, a mermaid that he helped to make pope of the mermaids during his first life. He was already several hundred years old and starting to become twisted mentally. He did it, more or less, to pass the time, but found that he admired and respected her to a degree, which blossomed into something like love... but from what I can tell, it never went beyond the two of them becoming attracted to one another and risking their lives for each other. You get the story somewhere in the 1700s.

He's less antagonistic towards the world, and fully devoted to the idea of eternal life. It's not like he has a revenge list or is trying to humiliate the people that made things tough for him the first time around.
When there's a good reason to murder everyone he's related to however, he happily does it for that big fat power boost.

this is just the designated isekai hate thread with some few actual isekaifags throw on it, no wonder they haven't actually read anything of what they are complaining about

Ainz is also a morally arguable character that manages to be relatable to readers. There is no revenge plot though.

Healer Hero

thats just how chinese be mang

Technically on narou the tag for "revenge" story is "zamaa" or "serves you right". The "Zamaa" boom may actually have been propelled in reaction to Narou protagonists getting it too easy for a while, so stories where the MC experiences a harsh betrayal and getting disillusioned at the start went against this grain.
Some people seem to think the point at which the "MC gets chased out of his party" genre became popular was really after Arifureta took off. this is funny because Arifureta MC never actually gives a shit about revenge, he just wants to go home.

Their history of bloody, ruthless emperors makes them think it's justifiable to murder people completely unrelated to the crime, because their society pushed the "divine right of kings" shit too hard.

>the manga in OP is not revenge Isekai.
Huh? How so?

A lot of older societies kinda did that, but I agree that chinks went further than the rest. To almost comical (in a black comedy way) levels sometimes.

You expect haters and knowbetters to know things?

>because their society pushed the "divine right of kings" shit too hard.
they didn't push it hard enough. Western "divine right of kings" is given by God and can't be revoked, Chinese "mandate of heaven" can be lost if the emperor isn't up to scratch and the proof of loss is if someone successful overthrows the emperor.

Only worth a 1shot
Can't drag it out like other generic isekais

It's nice when there aren't any obvious breaks when combining pages.

Attached: 30-31.jpg (2160x1536, 2.53M)

Picked up. I hope he fucking eviscerates her

Its isekai if he's from another world. This guy both does and doesn't seem to be. As he both mentions being ''brought here'' by a goddess but also has a sister who seems blood related in this world.
I put it down to bad writing

What if his sister had gotten isekai'd too?

I bet I could beat her up in a one on one fistfight

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1350x956, 423K)

Maybe it's reincarnation isekai.

He could have just gotten reincarnated?

what a jobber

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1360x954, 543K)

Or you simply lack basic imagination

Another explanation is that he is a native of this world who got isekai'd to Jap, then isekai'd back by the goddess.

>Or you simply lack basic imagination
I'm not an isekai author though

No, he's actually from the battlestar galactica universe.

No he doesn't. Most people find him disgusting and dropped the LN, only a tiny autistic fanbase remains.

nothin personel

Attached: edge.jpg (653x955, 328K)

>most threads reached their limit with 500-600 replies
>anime to season 3
>tiny autistic fanbase

People are discussing the topic and not the image you retard

Attached: 1523546088935.jpg (670x503, 42K)

>Western "divine right of kings" is given by God and can't be revoked
>How to spot an american poster
And if you were not american this retarded statement would make you look even dumber then you already look

Attached: 1492974537239.png (198x195, 104K)

>Using aphrodisiacs is rape
You need to go back.

>"divine right of kings"
He was right. It literally means the right given by God.

And? Throughout european history kings conquered other ones and argued how their right was revoked.
Kings have been excommunicated.

>Why are revenge isekai plots so bad?

That's not even isekai.

Attached: 2334723437.png (400x256, 63K)

You are worse if you can't even imagine it

yeah drugging someone is totally fine and not rape

Its like you fags are asking for your threads to get shitposted, this is on the level of starting with the topic of slavery

It's actually the wine right of kings. It just means they've got a free drink waiting at any establishment inside a city.

It should be noted that it is just an expected trope. The MC is expected to flip out and kill people, just like jap MCs are expected to collect waifus like a gatcha game.

Why are greater noble girls called "villainesses" anyway?

I guess selling truffles should be illegal then since it's basically an accessory to attempted rape oh wait it's not you dumb fuck.

Isekai Geralt updated,

Attached: I've got places to go now follow the rainbow.png (1970x1400, 1.74M)

>comments are the usual isekai haters jumping into it and pretending like they know isekais

I can't find anything, what's the name of this?

mangadex.org/title/37088/the-wolf-won-t-sleep

Thank you.

I just noticed the Nobu-san isekai was dropped by both the translator and the author. From the last few translated chapters, I can understand some of the reason why though. It was also ignoring being from another world too.

because they plaid the villain role in the original story, they're supposed to be that 1d evil arrogant noble you typically see in stories

But most second chance stories involve revenge anyway. Their worlds simply aren't so easy that they can talk things out or avoid conflict. Just because it doesn't consume them doesn't mean they aren't dedicated to revenge, and chink re-do stories are always key about this point.

Fang Yuan is just an exception because he's gotten very very very far in his previous life unlike most MCs as well as living in an incredibly harsh world. He fully admits he would never act like this on Earth, which means he like most chink heroes understands to play by the rules. Depending on the isekai world he simply wouldn't stand a damn chance at aiming for immortality.

Attached: Chinese Touch Me.jpg (550x1230, 229K)

I already made a blog for my isekai, should I also put it on scribblehub/royalroad/whatever?

Fang Yuan has no beef with anyone though, he just wants to become immortal and doesn't care who he has to set on fire to get there.

Where are my chapters, furry? Don't tell me the motherfucker is grinding magna 2 in GBF or something because that shit is soul-crushing unless you've got jap ping.

Attached: 36e97c7728c3731ff8a9be4f74d63dfe.png (1273x1800, 2.46M)

Because la venganza nunca es buena, mata el alma y la envenena

Attached: don-ramon.jpg (820x572, 45K)

Does he get revenge?

Attached: f27049f5e8344411dcf9ecf880798e1f1546060804_full.jpg (640x360, 81K)

Somewhat. The guy who made him fall into the dungeon gets killed by some monsters later.

He literally couldn't give less of a fuck about his classmates if he tried by that point.

Do you guys have any chink shit recommendations? I've only read Reverend Insanity and Reincarnation of the Strongest Sword God thus far. The former was quite enjoyable, minus the travesty that was the northern continent, and the latter was kinda shitty, but had its own enjoyable appeal in a SAO kind of way.

People have been shilling Lord of the Mysteries lately so go try that. Besides that all I've got are Summoning the Holy Sword, The Amber Sword, Kingdom's Bloodline, Martial King's Retired Life and Spirit Sword Mountain as chink shit I've read and liked on some level.

What are you looking for?

>Martial King's Retired Life

Attached: b8.jpg (900x1040, 803K)

Thanks. I'll check those out.

Anything really. I feel like with chink shit, quality is far more important than genre specifics.

Try Cultivation Chat Group or Warlock of the Magus World.

>Why are revenge isekai plots so bad?

Funnily enough, its because they lack a good and proper understanding of how to write edgy revenge plots.

Everything about them feels shallow and exaggerated, to an extent it kills any and all interest in the current narrative.

Fueled by otaku hikikomori rage. First there's the part where they get treated horribly for no reason at all, this in the author's mind parallels their real life, then comes the part where they get revenge, which is the author's fantasy. Truth is, they just have a massive victim complex, the reason they were treated horribly is because they are sperglords nobody wants to be around.

I don't understand how people can read some faggot's shitty revenge fantasy, unless they are faggots who identify with him themselves.

Attached: 1539470507518.png (838x720, 387K)

The Legend of Sun Knight.

Its me or this thread mostly reads like one single post repeated multiple times

cute slime

Attached: copying.png (950x1351, 1.34M)

This is basically Lilianne except edgy
and there's no dog

Whats this about

The fuck is this about

Warlock of the Magus World, has a villain protagonist, and a few really stand out arcs. I actually liked when he started going to other worlds, which is typically the death knell for most series.
Carefree Path of Dreams is by the same author. MC doesn't start that villainous, but by the time he becomes a Dream cultivator, he becomes so incredibly detached from humanity that he's almost an alien. Strong point would be that the dream worlds he cultivates are basically short isekai xianxia stories in and of themselves, so they tend to be tightly written, and interesting without overstaying their welcome. The introductory arcs are sort of meandering, though. He spends a lot of time farming and trying to keep out of trouble.
History's Number 1 Founder, starts as a parody, but if you like sect founding/management, politics, and the MC lying, cheating and stealing his way to godhood, then it's a good series. The use of disciples keeps things fresh and interesting instead of having to go through multiple arcs where the MC gets stronger than his current competition, but only until he attracts the attention of the "really" strong people.
Coiling Dragon was a popular one a few years back, but it straddles a generic line by this point.

He stops caring about his classmates and everything else after he gets laid.

That's incredibly realistic.

>Gets laid
Tell me does he have a threesome with bunny and vampireloli?

I think so (it's been a long time since I dropped the web novel), but he's a monogamyfag, so it took forever for Yue to get him to include the bunny and others.

based don ramon poster

>motherfucker drank a ointment that's meant to be smeared on wounds and was surprised it didn't work
Lecan, pls.

He spends a bajillion chapter being convinced of fucking the bunnygirl because he is really into monogamy and then a bajillion more chapters to even consider other girls romantically.

Yes. Gotta get dat exposure.

Don't forget she was also brainwashed and gets raped and mutilated and then the mc forgives her and bangs her

>isekai thread

Are your heterosexual dicks ready for Iori(KOF) Isekai?!?

dualshockers.com/iori-yagami-isekai-novel/

Attached: Iori uses THAT.gif (289x228, 151K)

>Don't forget she was also brainwashed and gets raped and mutilated and then the mc forgives her and bangs her

Not in the mango.

>bangs her
Nice

I'm hoping for a Keanus Reeves isekai like what nipples did with not-Putin.

>History's Number 1 Founder
Is that even finished translating? I'd swear it was on hiatus or some shit.

>No story about another country been isekai
>No isekai about help another creature in the past and died before another isekai meet present

Because basing your entire mc's arc on how the bad guys are bad and how badly he got fucked at the start actually makes for a very boring story.
Unlike the adventures of chad mc ching who keeps on travelling the land collecting power and pussy, revenge mc is like watching a donkey walking a one way road with a carrot dangling on its face.
Both are power fantasies but at least one tries to vary, the other keeps on beating on MUH REVENGE.

After she was used goods for orcs and shit

He's does sort of forgive her and is OK with her being near

What about an isekai manga where an native inhabitant of the world has to protect his town against roving gangs of isekai'd neets that think they can do whatever they want since they think they are the god-tier heroes from the isekai manga in the real world but aren't?

Pretty much your post but I'll add onto it by pointing out They think that writing what they know is a good idea for this sort of plot but it doesn't really work if you haven't actually TRIED getting revenge on the world for some ridiculous reason, so instead they have a distorted view on what a revenge plot should be like.
If you want to write a revenge plot, you need to examine the cycle of revenge and how it works on a fundamental basis.

Shit

Giving someone a truffle for them to enjoy, and drugging them to take away their rational thought process so that you can do something unspeakable to them are not the same thing you deluded sociopath.

Its still something

I swear I see this exact same idea in every single isekai thread

Clueless moralfags, people who do bad thing do them for no reason other than to be bad, get pleasure, easy profit, ego boost.
Isekai revenge stories are the purest form of revenge and humanity.
Probably the same retards who think politics is some complex thing when it's just power, connections and idiots in charge.

Sounds painful to read expecting that he does fuck his harem.

Bruh.
You sound like someone who hasn't been through history class.

>every revenger is some smart guy and no one will ever abuse anyone
uhuh

How would that work he is already immortal

Attached: keanu-reeves-time-traveler.jpg (540x776, 126K)

>Fang Yuan has no beef with anyone though, he just wants to become immortal and doesn't care who he has to set on fire to get there.

Giving the author an assumption of clever writing, I don't think so. The main thing that Fang Yuan obsesses about, even if he does not quite admits it, is becoming so powerful that no one will be able to trample upon him and he will not have to take shit from anyone (which in his world requires immortality anyway, because non-immortals are pawns and resources to be farmed by immortals). Whenever he is given a choice between a high risk/high reward option and a less risky one, he takes the former, which is hardly consistent with prioritizing merely eternal life, and he continues powerleveling like crazy and take gamble after gamble to open shortcuts to more power long after becoming immortal.

Playing safe is kinda pointless in that world though, if you want to progress you need to throw your ass into the fire and do the best you can.

Some should add 2077 with a picture if the trailer.

The translation was on hiatus for a long time, about four or five months, I think. But it just started up again.

Congrats for proving my point by strawmaning about something completely different.

Name one good story that isn't a parody then faggot.

any good chink shit that isnt a novel so i can look at pretty art
most of the chink shit rec'd was novels, no art

And people like me are in politics, so much for complex shit GG.

Attached: aerw85B_700b.jpg (700x1167, 117K)

Feng Shen Ji is fantastic. I'm trying to remember another one I found about 6 months back, but dropped because it was updating like a glacier. It was about a fantasy China-style place, where they hunt and eat supernatural beasts to gain strength or something...

you did like what you saw on Ainz, didn't you? that's why your reply is literally hate/love

Finding chink shit with good art is pretty hard honestly.

>only a tiny autistic fanbase remains.
It has one of the biggest isekai fanbases on Yea Forums along with Konosuba and Re:Zero

Found it, War of Mountains and Seas, or "Shan Hai Ni Zhan."

>dropped the LN
More like the author hasn't released a new chapter in ages.

*a new volume

>What are many Greek tragedies?
Never-ending hail of cum.

Regardless, you are on point, user-kun.

I think the bigger problem is that the characters these crap revenge fantasies are based around are barely even characters. More like blank dolls the reader/writer can project their vitriol onto.

You’d get more characterization from kids slamming action figures into each other and call it a day.

thank you for your valuable input mr. president

Attached: president.png (229x369, 72K)

Guess that's why people are talking about putting your heads on pikes then.

The Count of Monte Cristo, Hamlet, and Wuthering Heights do not glorify revenge. If anything, they do the opposite by showing the damage it does and how empty it leaves people.

Spirit Blade Mountain. It's a novel, but has a manhua.

Just cause of draphs
pastebin.com/jFtPwsvD

I know this sounds very dumb, but they all are kinda incelly and like male fantasy-esque, and them being all so samey takes away from how interesting the revenge plot is. It's like some innocent decent/average looking dude being screwed by some lady/hierarchy, or chasing down some monster. The characters are always fueled by some overwhelming anger, I just want something where the MC doesn't feel the same.

Bad isekai thread, bad OP, shame on this

>they all are kinda incelly and like male fantasy-esque

Attached: 1522264901826.png (292x309, 89K)

Wait, what? Gu cultivator story got shut down? Fuck. Literally the only half-decent chinkshit thing in existence.

What did you expect of the government that got assblasted because of Winnie the Pooh comparisons?

Meh, at least there are like 2000 more chapters to go on the english TL before it ends then.

Also Magus World was great but god damn did it get shitty after he got to rank 6-ish. Author clearly just ran out of ideas. If the series had just moved purely into him manipulating from behind the scenes like the twilight world arc it would have been great.

By censor do you mean axe or does something else happen? I stopped reading it after catching up awhile ago cause I was busy, what happened with the author? Did he make changes or did it get axed?

Thank you kind sir

we need a otome thread

no, they try to kill each other and later they fight each other, he kinda forgives her but that's is after killing her.

Read The Wandering Inn.

Attached: files.catbox.moe_0so24l.zip.jpg (1024x576, 50K)

>Saxophone Plays in the Background

Attached: 832457345762534.jpg (1106x168, 72K)

Last I saw, it was "under review."

lel fucking chinks

Another reason to never start reading anything chinese.

What manga did you read? I haven't followed last few chapters but unless she came back to life, this never happened. Imagine all the STDs the MC could get from that walking sack of sperm if they were really going to bang, ew.

That sentence infuriates me

I'm more worried about them getting a foothold on the actual japanese market, I don't want anime getting censored to cater to chinks

Elves are the enemies of humans. Don't ever let those long ears tell you otherwise.

Attached: dark_elf002.jpg (1200x1600, 480K)

that's racist

>interrupts Jonghak's love confession to Nayun
best girl

Attached: Sketch2.png (3000x4200, 3.1M)

They censor too much already for japanese versions, I don't want to see just how bad it could get if the chinese versions become the standard.

#notallelves

Because it's the edgy power and revenge fantasy of manga authors instead of a clever 4D chess revenge plot.
Revenge Isekai's just like most isekai stories (the same goes for most harem manga) are made for self inserting nip incels.
You either enjoyed it for the edgy trash that it is and some are actually really enjoyable or you don't.

Forget about involving ghosts

Mother of Learning 100 is out.

Instead they're either 1d goody two shoes or psychopaths like Scarlet and Rachel.

If you rebelled against the king in Europe you were disobeying god, and the king has the right to be a shit leader because God put him there. The emperor in China had a duty to be an ideal emperor and deliver prosperity or someone else could rebel and take the mandate.

The next thread should involve SLAVERY so we can go full shitposting circle

Mate, in China you could just walk up and murder the emperor and if you suceeded you got the right to replace him because the Heavens obviously didn't favor the dude if you managed to kill him.

Attached: 67556229_p0.png (1024x768, 522K)

This is the same series right? I was planning to go sleep... I guess not anymore.

Attached: 1505480747444.jpg (316x395, 28K)

okay this isekai seems interesting, he's running an inn for adventurers and giving them save points

Attached: c13.jpg (1040x1478, 217K)

youtube.com/watch?v=zs367MXPtMw

This saxy?

he even shows them how it works

Attached: c35.jpg (1040x1478, 249K)

>Why are _______ isekai plots so bad?
FTFY

HEEEEEEEEEYAHAHAHAHAYEHEHEHEEK

Looks interesting

Make NTR isekai threads agains.
mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=135558
>The Orc Queen O’Luna is furious. She just received a report that one more Orc Fortress has fallen by the hands of the hateful reincarnaters.
>“Damn those reincarnateds! Always making a mess in the world that’s not even theirs! I will kill them all!”
>[Hee, you will kill me too then?] A voice answered her from the corner of the room
>“Of course not! Motoki might be reincarnated but you are my best friend!”
>Cool “But the reincarnaters are so strong, we Orcs can’t kill them… I know! Motoki, can you help kill them for me?”
>[Okay, but there’s a condition. You will let me have a way with you then]
> “O….okay. But how will you kill them?”
>[Easy Peasy~ I’ll just have to steal their harem and they will weaken and lose their will to fight… then I’ll kill them]

>NTR isekai
oh no

Sounds like netori rather than NTR.

youtube.com/watch?v=rvKtl6OprX0

NATIVE TENSEI starring Keanu Reeves when?

It's not quite that simple, to have the mandate you also need to be virtuous and hold the support of the people long enough to form a stable dynasty. Otherwise you're just a murderer. Usually also you need to justify that the emperor lost the mandate through "signs" from heaven like famines and disasters.

I miss Freddy.

Freddy isekai when

Yeah the manga was so stupid, She was always defending him from the bully then they got isekaid and they got shit power. Then she was betray him, because she have not power to defend him, it's not like she has other choices.
Then do you remember the bullys? they got killed offscreen
Do you remember her? she got raped, sold, raped and tortured more then become OP but unstable and died fighting MC? and what was her fault? selling MC? if it wasnt MC it will be her turn, they were both doomed by unlucky power/class

Can I get an isekai where there is no plot-twist? I just want some dude going on an adventure and leveling up with no ongoing main issue about the person. I don't even main edgeshit as long as it isn't the main plot.

Bless you, user.

Attached: Hidamari Sketch - Hiro.gif (550x309, 818K)

Spearmaster and Black Cat is literally just one dude going around killing big animals and picking up chicks to fuck.

Attached: 006 (2).png (709x1037, 880K)

>dork erofus
>hey kid wanna /ss/
I wish this were me.

>I just want some dude going on an adventure and leveling up with no ongoing main issue about the perso

Brothels and Huntin Dragons. It's smutty.
>Frequenting the Brothels and Hunting Dragons After Being Summoned in this Game-like World [Nymph]
>projecthydrogen.wordpress.com/game-nai-ni-hatte/

Isekai Smartphone

The last bits seemed a bit rushed but I supposed that's what happens when you get double delayed for an additional week and a half.

Shit's finally going down so I hope everyone's ready for more delays.

When did the chinese ever care when another chinese dies?

Grimgar is technically this, too bad it's extremely slow.

When they can profit off of it or when it's their family/clan/sworn brother.

Grimgar features too many brainproblems in its main cast to be aplicable to the man's request.

When its profitable

Unironically that one.

What is the name of this manga?

>chinese ever care when another chinese dies?
Bruce Lee cared.
youtube.com/watch?v=80jeLe1enEU

oh no my fetish

They care about saving face.
Also they're murderhobos too, so it's a good excuse to kill you and take your stuff.

AtG isn't about murder hoboing though, it's essentially a shonen harem romance novel.

Based Lee

Feminism?

Attached: feminism.jpg (668x255, 29K)

mangadex.org/title/36733/save-load-no-dekiru-yadoya-san

Equality

>with no consequences
Oi, isn't the entire point of slaughtering that it'll always bring more enemies to you one way or another?

Good gook manga
Peerless dad
>literally trained wrong as a joke
Chronicles of the heavenly demon
>gook cultivation and reincarnation
The art in both is not that bad and has some charm(if you can ignore the duck lips)

>too lazy to read
>too lazy to write

JUST

Attached: Minotaur_DanMachi_Manga.png (715x657, 481K)

>when the MC is so fucking beta that he faints but the girl still rapes him in his sleep

Attached: s27.jpg (835x1200, 467K)

If you kill absolutely everyone, no one is left to be a potential enemy. If there are still enemies, then not enough were killed.

Attached: 1535158931139.png (280x450, 59K)

Rape is an ideal solution for an MC that bad.

Attached: 008.jpg (844x1200, 630K)

>those tissues
Imagine the smell

>she is now calling upon other demis to rape the MC

Attached: s29.jpg (835x1200, 432K)

>tfw you start cultivating in your mother's womb

Are you talking about Hans?

Cultivation stems from Qigong, hence the Qi and Gong (Art from Martial Art). So yeah, breathing properly in your mother's womb isn't a stretch, especially if you're a reincarnator.

Most revenge isekais that maintain their premises are little more than fetishistic power fantasies where the protagonists are overpowered murderhobos. Doubly so if the entire world is made up of cartoonishly evil assholes to thinly justify said murderhobos. The stories never try to insert even the slightest amount of nuance into their narratives, so they end up being incredibly linear and one-note.

>Dammit, why did he have to show her his dick? Although his dick was so small that it could almost be ignored … but it was still a dick, wasn’t it? How could he do that to a pure and innocent maiden like her?
I'm crying over here over how triggered I am, fucking chinks, couldn't even put a penis warning in their novels.

>I-i-impossible! user has this level of cultivation.. this shouldn't be possible even if he started cultivating in his mother's womb!

Attached: 1542234539199.jpg (1280x720, 115K)

Fucking Library of Heaven's Path, that expression had to be used like a billion times by now, shit's up there with "like a puppet with its strings cut".

>not starting with double-cultivating in ovary and testicle

I mean she does get rapetorturemurderized and the shield hero gets to watch later on

If your parents didn't dual cultivate you into existence, then they pretty much betrayed you at conception.

is this the one with the guy who is a magician or something and has two huge titty ggirls

We are reaching dangerous levels of cultivation

Yes, it's the Michael Jackson smooth criminal one.

>be born as a fully grown adult
>keep growing anyways

shame the manga art isnt as good as the LN

Yes

Attached: data_image_png (28).png (650x924, 487K)

If you're not 20 meters tall by the time you're born you're dissapointing yourself.

the only tolerable chink shit are the comedy ones, where the protag is way more chill.
Like the one about creating a super martial arts school/clan and he just goes around collecting "totally not protagonists from a super popular chink novel" as his students

Does he take them to neverland

As in, does he fuck them?

Yes.

He takes them for a ride on the cock carousel.

ln

Nice

he's not wrong

>t. guy who has watched a lot of anime

I share your opinion exactly. Do you have any recommendations?

Boku no Pico

Would you trick and enslave a shorstack?

Too big?

Attached: a5.png (836x1200, 873K)

Attached: 1472270104270.png (341x314, 151K)

Oppai lolis are 10/10. The problem is that the manga is unremarkable otherwise.

It's amusing for the MJ scenes

What else do you need

What's Klein's fake first name in book 4 supposed to be?

I would connect her to one of those milking machines for cows

>What is "Kino Healer"?
>What is "Kino Seeker"?
the first is a bout a guy that gets raped a lot
the second is about a guy that rapes a lot

It looks like Mio and Tomoe are going to have fun showing them how weak they are.

Attached: 24.jpg (1080x1536, 470K)

>Chapters only get released when someone donates 200$+
I fucking hate enablers.

Sources? Autofind is fucking useless today

COURTING DEATH

And you wonder why she has no friends

Attached: z6.png (1125x1600, 1.13M)

Tits too big.

>tfw just want to see Heinz and company shat on but it's gonna take like 1k+ dollaridoos for that to happen

When the weak courts death, they find it

Thanks tomodachi!

Attached: 1554466476389.png (424x655, 237K)

Sounds like they complement each other

I wouldn't mind getting stabbed by her

Not big enough, debate me.

Name?

New mobtome chapter is up, your cliche dumb nobles plan on trying to take Leon's toys away without understanding anything about them, life continues as normal.

Bigger and it would destroy her back

She's a strong girl.

Really, the greatshield she carries around is some Dark Souls tier shit

novelupdates.com/series/the-prodigy-sefirias-overpowering-program/
dead tl

Looks good, thanks! :-)

Me.

Sauce?

Like every single modern narou WN

last

Attached: 1549123084950.png (442x389, 110K)

Shit man, I'm finishing a book and I have to say that a lot of crap I read here is making me question some of the stuff I wrote.

Naturally, it is no Isekai. But boy, there is a lot, A LOT of vengeance, no MC related though.

For starters, the villains are indeed cartoony incompetent AND evil. But at least for a reason explained at the end of the first part while the other is at the very end of the entire story. Second the vengeance is carried more or less repercussions-free as they are quite rightful and convenient. (Once again related to the reason of why the Villains are so evil)

Attached: no way fag.jpg (850x1264, 126K)

last for couplet come the FUCK back