Is Giorno a well written character?

Is Giorno a well written character?

Attached: 1551847504860.jpg (1280x720, 120K)

He has a dream

Not particularly

I like his resolve

Nothing in Part 5 is well written

He played his "role" in the story like all jojos after Joseph.

he's basically a side character, not even an interesting one at that

More character that
>kirito from sao
>literally everyone from yugioh vrains
>literally everything from digimon tri
And i stop here

Great concept and potential, terrible execution. Just retain his character from the first few episodes and discard everything else.

Giorno is the worst JoJo (worst as in least best). I believe the strength of Golden Wind as a part and the strength of the supporting cast obscure his weakness as a MC. I get that flat character arcs can be interesting too, not just positive and negative ones (see Josuke), but I can't help thinking that Giorno's arc is handled in a mediocre way. The ghosts of his past were not relevant or poignant at all, he faces no real moral struggle and is a bit devoid of characteristic moments (something Jotaro, another stoic protagonist, has in spades).

I do like his character, but consider Araki's other protagonists. Jonathan and Jolyne both have great coming of age arcs. Joseph and Jotaro have tons of development throughout the series. Josuke is the flat character arc done to perfection. Johnny's tragic arc is worthy of Homer or Shakespeare. And Gappy's arc so far is a complex, intriguing and thematically relevant exploration of many different character arcs all at once. Giorno, in comparison, just seems rather bland.

Flat character arc done to perfection?

By not doing anything and letting Jotaro defeat the boss?

I personally don't think Jojo is a series about well-writen characters. It's good for different reasons

He is. I find him really interesting as he indicates when Araki shifted from just making reactionary single-main-trait protagonists like he did for the previous parts. The anime has made him far more likeable and memorable too, same with Diavolo.
I feel like people are just parroting that he's a bad character because that's the most common shitpost answer given to why people criticize part 5.

I mean I guess. The problem isn't if he's well written, the problem is if he's written in an entertaining way. Giorno admittedly isn't as fun as some other jojos, but he still is well written. Depends on the type of character you enjoy. I like him quite a lot

Gio himself isn't a bad character but he certainly is the worst JoJo, also Bruno is a way better MC.

Attached: c2a.png (500x700, 519K)

He's well-written in the sense that his personality and goals remain consistent through the whole story. He never suddenly does something completely out of character. Everything he does makes sense for that character. He's just not as interesting or endearing as other Jojos, or even as the other members of his group. He gets completely overshadowed by Bruno, Narancia, and Mista.

is jojo gay? or trans... if so, picked up

It's not openly gay but it's very homoerotic. Not sure if it's intentional or not.

>He's well-written in the sense that his personality and goals remain consistent through the whole story.
How does that make him ''well-written''? The fact that he sets out with a very shallow motivation and it never changes or evolves throughout? And his personality completely changes after the first few chapters and he becomes some bland plot device messiah that wins everything in the end despite not deserving it nor being a qualified leader.

Sasuga nu-Yea Forums.

Attached: 1529513043794.png (800x600, 91K)

As far as Jojos go he's quite forgettable. Luckily the supporting cast and antagonist carried part 5 in spite of him

Looking to get into this, what do I need to know and where do i start?

He doesn't have good personality, but he's a great tool for developing the other characters by being so perfect

nah lmao, not great. not even good. you want a great? go look at luffy.

>most common shitpost answer given to why people criticize part 5

You sure about that? Pretty sure the most common criticism is that the writing is retarded

That's the criticism of Jojo in general.

What anime is this?

This, the only part with legitimately good writing is part 7

>Saved Joseph from Chili Peppers
>Saved Rohan from Highway Star
>Redeemed Okuyasu
>Saved Jotaro and Koichi after the first fight with Kira
>Beat up Kira so hard that he confessed he was a bigger threat than Jotaro

>Not doing anything

Jotaro stole a kill, Josuke would've killed Kira if it weren't for Stray Cat and Kira only managed to get killed because Koichi used Three-Freeze

Christ did you seriously just came fresh out of fucking Youtube? Is it seriously summertime already? What the fuck is up with this post? I just fucking woke up and I see this fruity shit smeared all over the heavy realization that you fucks have ruined Yea Forums while I kept ignoring the truth. You’re the embodiment of invasive culture. You’re a parasite. Burn in hell.
Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you. I hope you’re fucking happy.

Yes. The point of Giorno is that he’s not the leader or a regular member of the gang. Giorno is the aide/guide to the group.

Giorno at the end of Part 5 is fundamentally the same person as he was at the beginning. This is because Giorno is not on a journey of growth or self discovery.

While all of Part 5’s cast grows and changes Giorno is at the peak of his character arc since he's already cemented his goal to become who he wants to be, because he was never meant to change or be redefined unlike the rest of the cast, he's just following his goals and motivations (Which is unlike any of the previous JoJo protags before who only found themselves in their respective situations because they were forced into it by the main villain.)

And this is why he has such an impact on everyone in the cast. Bruno's group is ultimately just a bunch of losers who got fucked over in life. They're schmucks who think they're never going to move past what happened to them, and are only given a meager existence through Bruno, but Giorno isn't like them.

This is what the fundamental difference is between the nameless mobster from, who inspired Giorno, and Bruno. Bruno kept his gang from falling down the pit. The gangster(a nameless stranger) provided Giorno with a tremendous service which kept him from becoming like Dio and learning to value trust in other people. And it's because of that, that the mob isn't Giorno's last option in life, it's his end goal. It's the payoff he's been looking for and through his actions he inspires those around him (His gang) because he's not fundamentally dead inside.

Basically he's there to both make the others look good, and find a reason to keep moving forward. Which in turn provides for his own goal and ambition of rising through the ranks and eventually becoming leader of Passione.

No but I still enjoy the part. I like that hes a clear combination of Dio and Jonathan. Personally my favorite Joestar

How does one become a "gangstar" anyway?

Yes, he's beautiful and gay friendly , too bad his fuckbuddy cumlover narancia died

Yes. Giorno is an incredible and compelling character, he's better than a certain crippled faggot jojo.

Most of the part 5 gang is pretty dull desu, I liked Abbacchio but he only had like 2 fights and then died.

Fucking worse JoJo and a gary Sue even by JoJo standards

test

I like him in concept I just don't think it was executed perfectly, mostly because it can be hard to actually figure out what his character is supposed to be and sometimes he comes off as having no personality. Also even though it's kind of the point considering he is DIO's son, I wish the other members of Bruno's gang didn't suck his dick as much, especially since it usually just takes 1 fight for a character's opinion on him to change completely, i.e Fugo
Vol. 1 Ch. 1 or S1 Ep 1
If it seems corny and bad at first stick with it until at least the end of part 3 or midway through 4. Jojo is one of the greatest examples I have seen of a series that gets exponentially better as it goes, except for part 6 but don't worry about that

Josuke would have killed Kira if Araki didn't make it impossible by injuring him to the point where he could barely walk

Bruno's the real main character, Giorno's just sorta... there.

He manages to be the most boring character of his own part

Yeah. Goes from a somewhat arrogant young crook to a truly mature anti-hero.

>The anime has made him far more likeable and memorable too, same with Diavolo.

I like that they gave him a look of absolute terror during the denouement of the King Crimson reveal while in the manga he had a much more muted expression as he glanced back. He's genuinely frightened that he's going to see the Boss pursue them as he turns around to check that they're not being followed.

Attached: even giorno is scared.png (568x370, 184K)

He's hilarious is what he is. A true Yellow Jester.

Attached: Fighting Colder.png (852x462, 507K)

Attached: noot.gif (540x540, 367K)