Houseki no Kuni

Holy shit, it smells like kino in here

Attached: x22.jpg (1000x1436, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Nuoqi-Lustrous-Cosplay-Costume-Womens/dp/B078HF9YNN/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=houseki+no+kuni+cosplay&qid=1560285951&s=gateway&sr=8-3&th=1
youtube.com/watch?v=Z5IrfdwoYOo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHH
LOVE PHOS!!!

Attached: 1536254156317-a.jpg (4364x2736, 2.04M)

>tfw no Phos gf
Why even life?

I just want the gems to be happy bros

I just want Phos and Sensei to be happy bros

>spend 220 years shattered into pieces and scattered by your best friends despite coming down alone, pleading, and unarmed
>sensei finally puts you back together even though you left him and tried to come back and attack him on at least one occasion
>your first words are to plead with him to pray for his enemies
>he fails again
Is there any character who makes more mistakes/tries their hardest/is absorbed in their own desire to succeed and know/suffers more than Phos?

Attached: G20.png (1114x1600, 1.28M)

>I just want...to be happy
NIGGAS, THIS SERIES HAS BEEN TELLING YOU THE ENTIRE TIME

Want is the root of pain. Let go of your wants and embrace nothingness without desire to achieve contentment.
Let useless, lazy, stupid scholars die so everybody else can be happy.

Considering how heavy the Buddhist imagery is in this manga, you'd think the connection would be easier to see. But I, a small brained fellow, am not good enough at metareading to catch this

Now you are big-brain-enlightened gem.
Crush the Phos in your heart and become most excellent and happy Dia. And have gem-sex with Bortz.

>spoiler
I'd rather let everyone die so the master scholar can be happy.

Attached: 1551578131413.png (331x373, 151K)

>I'd rather let everyone die so the master scholar can be happy.
I mean...that seems to be the direction we're headed in canon.

Attached: rxnsuicidebread.png (720x715, 627K)

The real direction the canon is taking is everbody else dying so the master scholar can suffer.

Attached: 1546009781163.jpg (1280x720, 70K)

All the gems are fucking bitches except for Phos, I hope they all die, including Phos since that's the only way to free him from his misery

Sometimes, I really wish this manga was over.

I...I just can't take anymore of Phos' suffering

>that spoiler
is that what buddhists believe? if yes then buddhism is cringey af

Do we have a confirmed end date or end chapter count?

Me too

Attached: Dvr3tbEXQAAOJNI.jpg (680x670, 35K)

>spent the night re-reading manga since licensed version is now out
>there's no chapter this month
I've made a mistake

>no chapter until August
shit
probably in exactly 108 chapters

Attached: IMG_20190608_220756.jpg (768x1024, 168K)

is it just me or does vol. 8 have the highest concentration of kino panels

Attached: enlightenedphos.jpg (824x1076, 156K)

claimed obsidian, I don't even mind if he's from the moon

Attached: 1536958891434.jpg (1100x2020, 349K)

Its suffering all the way down isn't it? Zero chances for a happy end.

If you pray hard enough you may get a bittersweet ending.

But I am broken

No the spoiler is what Catholics believe, Phos is their lord and saviour and will die for their sins.

Does a new volume mean a new persona dramatica?

Attached: persona_dramaticae2.png (1740x1195, 1.5M)

It does. Now starring moonslut.
Wonder if Ichikawa will include many earth gems asides from bortz, euc and shinsha. This volume was almost entirely moon focused.

Who is the cutest gem and why is it Cinnabar

Phos is not only the cutest gem but the cutest anything!

Attached: 1529913296011.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

>thinking about sords

even though Cinnabar is my favorite gem NuMorga is objectively the cutest one

Attached: 70959723_p23.jpg (1051x1500, 756K)

>he fails again
Honestly.... I don't think he's failing. I think he's refusing. Sort of a HAL situation where his processes have deduced he'd be useless without moon people existing, so in order to ensure the moon people have prayers, he has to have a use.

I think if I think on that too much, I might die of galaxy brain.

I feel like it must be because he can't bring himself to end the gems?

I think the moonies have been concealing that part from everyone. I think it must be foreshadowing with the Slug's being bred away from using shells or instantly made extinct. There is so much finality and 'End of what it is to be me currently' philosophy going on, it seems like its a matter of putting flesh, soul, and bone back together?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH I am indifferent about Phos

I want a Phos bf

Attached: illust_74018693_20190410_064446.jpg (926x764, 109K)

>"I-I am cute again! L-Look, I am not pretending!"
I never thought Phos's transformation could hurt so much.

Does anyone ITT own any of their favorite gems?

Attached: 1555471015436-vg.jpg (480x560, 25K)

I have a Phosphophyllite crystal that's currently shipping. Should arrive in a few days.

You rich fuck I am jelly

Once I graduate my gift to myself is going to be a phosphophyllite crystal. I plan on making a custom box with my favorite gems inside over the course of several years

Post yfw Punished Phos turned into Demon Phos

Attached: 1559224520268.jpg (1483x2048, 433K)

Phos going nuclear would be for the best.

>I think he's refusing
The mental hula hoops people jump through to defend the genocidal actions of the moonies

>Grant me mercy.
>I cannot...
>Find the will to go on.

I don’t think it’s even a meme at this point. If you tally every bad thing that has happened to Phos against ANY OTHER CHARACTER, it would blow them out by at least 6x of the amount of suffering. Please just free Phos already.

Attached: 8F7D5096-F2AD-4ED0-BE15-F4FAC1C4F601.jpg (1125x1606, 672K)

>rich
I just live off the bare minimum and then spend my money on shiny rocks and Phos merchandise.

That's a good plan user.

The most painful part is that even when it seems like it can't get any worse Ichikawa will still find a way.

Attached: 1557465296783.jpg (642x642, 57K)

Bump for suffering

Attached: EC60DAF0-74C9-4A09-982B-5C2F44020CB7.jpg (828x937, 92K)

>dios mio just look at the time

Attached: DhlEljSVMAEhswk.jpg (744x825, 58K)

I see Yellow got the good ending.

Attached: mission complete.jpg (500x500, 184K)

It also all happened within two years from Phos' point of view.

She should free herself, not by dying, but by telling everybody else to fuck off. The gems aren't worth saving and it was her mistake to sacrifice herself for their sake. Phos needs to learn selfishness.

How the fuck is having dementia a good ending?

He can't suffer anymore if he can't think.

Interesting how the night raid had the greatest effect of everything in the narrative so far. It certified the lasting split between the gems and the new power structure on earth like an actual war would, it had heavy, lasting consequences for everyone who fought in it and had the moon trio all face a dire fallout. Phos, Yellow and Pads all basically fell apart after that, each one in different ways, and we're still at a point when they haven't made a recovery.
Yellow broke in spirit, Parappa broke in body, Phos broke in both. Seeing how Phos will inevitably bounce back sooner or later and this chapter openly had the next plot developments trace back to the night raid, I think Yellow and Puff Daddy will eventually do too, even if they might end up in very different places from where they started.

Dumbass Shinsha
No chapter in June, regular schedule resumes from July. August's just when bound volume 10 comes out.

Attached: G8.png (1114x1600, 978K)

What will Phos do in the next chapter?

Attached: 1529867286551.png (611x611, 160K)

Try to kill Adam and die again. Try to kill the rest of the gems and die again, try to beg for either to help her and die again, or try to sneak back to the moon, and will die again in doing so.

This

>I want to be a strong fighter!
>cool, take some prosthetics and PTSD with it
>I wanna become a world expert!
>gotcha, so let's wage war with your own kind and have any information you do learn come from exactly one source
>I wanna revive my people!
>alright, but they'll have no memories and be essentially new people, also the gems you brought with you will wish to be lunarians eventually.
>fuck it, nobody deserves my hard work, I want you to pray nuke everything so I can be happy!
>...
None of Phos' wishes will ever turn out good. This one won't either.

This whole mess started because Phos started to suspect Sensei and couldn't be satisfied with half-truths and blind trust, didn't it? That's why she progressively distanced from him and forced herself to cut her ties with him. That's also why Aechmea's bait was so successful -all the gems had to do was hand Sensei over to the moonies in order to enjoy peace.
That Phos isn't willing to fuck Sensei up anymore and remembered that he tried his best to raise the gems will be the key to ending this arc, I doubt it'll end in a fully successful prayer but they could finally have a real talk which last happened in volume 7.

Attached: Land of the Lustrous - c028 (v04) - p174 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2146x3056, 851K)

orange is a shit anime studio and most of the work was handled by the other mongoloids in citrus that did MIA
reading the manga and praising it is akin to playing fallout 76 and excusing all the bugs, ugly fucking graphics and shit general story

Attached: 1560134473313.jpg (1280x1440, 800K)

Padparadscha was a fucking Chad in the first gem invasion. He fucked up Cinnabar and Bortz.

Attached: 1535245524575.gif (600x471, 684K)

We used to think these scenes were exhausting, but now it's gotten so bad that Phos didn't even get a scene where he laid for a moment in a bed after a full reconstruction this time

no chapter this month

Attached: 1556315220444.jpg (800x1066, 106K)

Please stop shaving the gems. Some of them may break if touched with the razor.

make me

Attached: 1555813767776.jpg (812x867, 39K)

what's his end game?

Attached: 1549931827001.png (652x756, 308K)

Being moon dust, I guess

Don't remind me.

It's technically and literally polishing so it's fine.

Attached: baldparadscha.png (500x666, 139K)

Attached: DPRV0rIVQAAIZ3h.jpg (1024x594, 169K)

Phos > Cinnabar > Dia > Bortz

Phos > anyone else >>>>>>>>Shinsha

Attached: 1543501980846.png (787x705, 170K)

There's literally one (1) actual jewelry-valuable gem there

>The mental hoops people jump through to defend any gem besides Phos, Pads, or Yellow
The gems are just as if not worse than the Moonies, especially with how they treat each other. Except for the ones that are able to empathize with others (namely; Phos, Pads, and (probably yellow) they are all sociopathic children. They don't care about how others feel and don't actually care about each other in any real meaningful way. The care they feel for one another is either superficial or possessive in the case of Rutile. Both Lunarians and the gems are indefensible due to their own actions. The gems are sociopaths, and while what the lunarians did is essentially genocide, they at least tried alternatives before destroying the gems. And if anything the Lunarians are more adult and rational than any of the other gems on Earth. The earth gems are almost acting tribal, similar to how the children acted in The Lord of the Flies. I fully expect some kind of moment where the entire earth gem society breaks down and they all try to kill each other.

Is this a copypasta? I swear I've seen this exact garbage before.

Attached: 1558498934005.gif (480x360, 437K)

No, but I am the same user who wrote the post that made the same point.

While I don't think that the moonies can be excused for their actions, he's right that the gems are insane.

I actually really hated Bortz in this scene and the chapter before it.

>MC is always right so whoever opposes MC is literally as bad as genociders
room temperature IQ

Hah I live in arizona, it's like 104 in here.

Kill me.

Aren't you literally cooking in 104 degree weather?

Attached: 1544018126839.png (855x1199, 395K)

Can anyone translate?

Attached: 1536205087137.png (855x1199, 496K)

It would be extremely cathartic to watch.

Attached: 1554341129746.png (1102x1102, 1.21M)

leaks never

Attached: 1552723725604.png (780x556, 481K)

Pads CAN'T be dead, it's not fair, fuck Shinsha and fuck earth gems, user was right they're all sociopaths

Working on my moon phos cosplay, bought an outfit and got it tailored to fit better. Still doesnt fit perfectly but looks alright I guess. Ignore the undershirt its fucked up in the pic I forgot to adjust it. The main issue is if it doesn't fit well the shoulders fall down since nothing is holding them up. I already got it tailored and probably wont get it done again but maybe I can try shrinking it in the dryer since the material is stretchy.

Attached: 877411813.png (1496x2048, 3.32M)

Are you going to do the pearl eye with the one lapis lazuli eye too?

Post butt

Attached: 1557424221133.jpg (2261x2021, 2.2M)

Ill try to wear contacts but I've never worn them before so If they're too irritating Ill skip the eyes. I plan on dying my hair blue though.

I actually took butt pics desu but my ass is so flat its not worth posting

Looks pretty good. Sasuga boku.

Attached: 1555966777997.jpg (1861x2048, 379K)

>male
KILL IT WITH FIRE

Attached: 2a9e187babd32237dfbd87fb1e1d106759c99161106e4db1ffa08f8b403944b9.png (682x681, 217K)

Can't you sew a ring of elastic onto the underside to hold it up?
Otherwise, the androgyny is on point, a good mix of shoulders and hips/butt.
You might need to make the thightops more snug though, unless it's just lighting casting that shadow on the thighs, as looser thighs (frontwards-like) make it look more masculine thanks to how male shorts need to accommodate the extra space whereas female ones are flatter.
I don't know what you want to do about wrinkles in the gold, other anons will know more

There's an entire board for this shit and it sure isn't Yea Forums

Fuck of fag enablers

Attached: Lapis head closeup green shadow.jpg (1598x1121, 706K)

>What's the matter? Think you might be gay for a rock-cosplaying man?

lol enabling fags
didn't they make a board for people to discuss these aversions against nature?

Attached: 1560022208894.jpg (890x497, 299K)

>Not empathizing with people is just as bad as genocide

Attached: 1559783139168.jpg (500x265, 60K)

yeh I can try I dont know how to sew or anything I just kinda bought something and had it altered. I agree the legs are a bit too wide I'll see if I can figure something out.

More like "not empathizing with people who allied with your mortal enemy to kill your dad is as bad as genocide"

Sewing's not too hard if you don't try to be too fancy; it's taught to 5 year olds at school here, so even a potato should be able to do a shitty job of it.

Why are you insulting your mother?

I might just ask my mom for help desu, but I dont know how to explain the outfit

fuck off homo you should be ashamed of yourself and your sick aversion to the male form
disgusting deviant

There's no chapter this month

phos has to incorporate pads somehow to acquire wisdom. he'll be alive only in the same way that lapis is in phos

>Phos decides to Pads her bra

IMAGINE

Looking back at Amethyst's first appearance, 84's character development is one of the more pronounced in the series
I wonder if 33 changed to a similar degree and if so, how different their personalities are to each others'

wtf you're hot. Where did you get that outfit though, I want it too.

>fag enablers and samefags ITT
cancer

Attached: 809d05847d888677215717c5a90becaebaceb2a15247cd8354415564f21499e3.png (258x330, 49K)

amazon.com/Nuoqi-Lustrous-Cosplay-Costume-Womens/dp/B078HF9YNN/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=houseki+no+kuni+cosplay&qid=1560285951&s=gateway&sr=8-3&th=1

Thanks user.

Attached: 1536052431003.png (444x444, 220K)

that image always gets me, how he can't even fully open his right eye

youtube.com/watch?v=Z5IrfdwoYOo

T A
K O
Y A
K I

Attached: 1559596767612.gif (660x620, 1.37M)

Lapis was already "dead" at the start of the series and his incorporation in Phos' consciousness stands out from literally anything else in the series, not to mention that Craig giving up his/Ghost's most prized possession for Phos' sake when Ghost died because she saw Phos as Lapis 2.0 is character development.
Phos getting parts of Parappa wouldn't have the same weight, and him throwing his life away to help Phos exactly as he said he'd do would be zero character development.
Also padparadscha is typically orange and isn't among the seven treasures, unless you want to count it as a ruby substitute. Still, actual ruby only kept Pads going for like half an hour so I don't think it's a good candidate.

I like the "my favorite things" insert a lot

Attached: Padparadscha moon outfit arrows.jpg (1312x1750, 259K)

high quality post
sasuga

What do you think the red treasure is likely to be? If we stretch the definition a bit there's a number of candidates, but of the named gems only Red Dia, Cinnabar and Pads seem to have the story or character significance to be considered. Then again, maybe it's not going to be related to a character at all, or something else is going to happen with more stretching of what the seven treasures are.

I can't see why one would start searching for candidates amont the living gems who're kind of reddish instead of staying closer to the more literal Japanese Buddhist listing. Going by those, we should think it could just be a red pearl like in the shorter Pure land sutra, and slugs could make those, or red coral -which is interesting since coral is a living animal that could make Phos more human and the lotus sutra mentions that. Also Japanese red coral is a thing.
Slightly less likely but still within logical stretch are carnelian (but that would need to rework the most logical understanding of the five treasures that Phos already is/has), and Red Dia because she's pure red and has that pottery theme going on with the last and final gem incorporating the first one, closing the circle.
Shinsha's role was to kickstart Phos' journey and keep him him from drifting away too much, and Parappa's been more of a mentor/advisor. Both function much better as external forces confronting him rather than someone whose POV Phos should permanently absorb. It'd feel a bit like Phos using that one Antarc foot left: it's better as something separate.

Attached: Antarc foot lily.png (1280x720, 550K)

this is too generous to the earth gems. Remember they let rutile off the leash during the ambush, ruining any chance of talking things over.

moon gems move to the moon > moon attacks stop > moon gems return, are attacked and then things break down.

and why do moon gems even leave? because shit truly sucks, most gems have mental issues or insecurities which their society can't fix.

Attached: 1558787314556.png (1122x1597, 824K)

>PUT YOUR HANDS TOGETHER, COCKSUCKER

What do you win when you get all seven treasures? Bet it's more suffering.

RUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I LOVE PHOS

Attached: happyphos3.jpg (254x394, 75K)

>pottery theme going on with the last and final gem incorporating the first one, closing the circle.
it would be pottery if not for nuGoshe and nuMorga robbing phos of being the last gem

The moon attacks literally didn't stop, genius. Read the manga, this is chapter 69.
And you're overlooking how Phos openly lied when he said he didn't remember anything only to speak of the moon with the gems he knew he could turn because of their insecurities. If you only knew what the earth gems knew, you'd have tons of reasons to believe Phos was manipulated on the moon and harbored malicious intent. Then he came back at night, armed, screaming to hand over Sensei.
Sure the gems' society is mighty screwed, unchanging and unforgiving, which ultimately led to the neutral decision of some gems to go to the moon, but Phos is fully responsible for fucking up.

Attached: T8.png (1426x2048, 1016K)

>The moon attacks literally didn't stop, genius. Read the manga, this is chapter 69.
They stop after the night raid, so one chapter after 69

Phos isn't the youngest gem anymore as in the last to have been born or spawned, but Goshe and Morga being "replaced" by new Goshe and Morga definitely hints at Phos being the 'last' gem since no new types were born unless that changed in the latest timeskip.

And? It was a reply to the idiot saying they stopped before the night raid. Don't try to move the goalposts.

Attached: 16.png (1115x1600, 322K)

Gems should just convert to Christianity.

why, it's not like they can ever go to heaven

my bad, i was mixing up the time phos first went, and the rest of the gems went.
I'm not really hating on earth gem society either. It's just that shit almost naturally moved this way as soon as an opportunity presented itself (phos breaking free of the dogma), and gem society split.
Earth gems should carry responsibility for deepening the split is my point.

Is there even any proof that the attacks continued after they went to the moon? The only thing the Lunarians did was recon.
>Implying they still couldn't empathize with Yellow, Phos, or Cinnabar at the beginning of the story
They decided to ignore Cinnabar, ignored or made light of Phos' lack of a role, and couldn't understand why Yellow could be depressed so they either ignored it or made light of Yellow's age instead. Saying that they lacked empathy for Phos just because he went to the moon is categorically false. The most of the gems lacked empathy for each other and have been shown to lack empathy since the beginning of the story.

Yes, because the gems refused to try and change anything, they just accepted their place and that they would always be attacked. Essentially being complict in the genocide of the other gems, and therefore indirectly genociding their race.

Attached: Bald Bort.jpg (680x685, 33K)

Lickable.

I think it's more accurate to say they lack empathy when it comes to things more complex than surface level issues, since most of them aren't introspective enough or haven't gone through something that would make them that way. They're accomdating to Phos at the start of the story without really getting why she might not be satisified and thus her bratty behaviour. Also, they are so single minded that they can be occupied by their day to day activities, for hundreds and hundreds of years, and don't need to think beyond that to be satisfied.

Most curios about Benito and Alex. Did Alex get replacement pearl eyes? Is Benito still useless?

Attached: 1542612002481.jpg (640x360, 13K)

Benito is now the king of a new lunarian faction that opposes Aechmea, Alex lives disguised as a Admirabilis

>implying nuGoshe and nuMorga aren't moonmade gems

The pearl eyes likely are blind so I don't think Alex could have gotten them.

>Phos walks up to Casa Benito
"Benitooooo? You there?"
>Benito can be heard running up to the door, which opens just a crack
"Beniiiii-tooooooo. B'nito. Ben Ito. Benniton"
>Phos starts trying variations of the name.
>Camera cuts to the other side of the door. Benito is shifting her balance back and forth, annoyed by the names.
"Bonononie!"
>Benito huffs and swings the door wide open
"WHAT ON EARTH DO YOU WANT?"
>Camera cuts back, so we can see Benito's facial expressions melt from angry to surprised to dejected
"I knew you were ignoring me! Is it because I'm now the cutest blue?"
"THAT'S NOT- ANYW- You remembered me?"
"Of cooooouuurrseee~~~"
"Come inside, I want to talk without being reminded that even his spies have forgotten their duty to watch over me from that hill."
"And his 'wife' isn't even that cute! Cairngorm was all cold and kuudere with me, now they're just too much!"
"Phos, I've missed you."
>Benito closes the door to Casa Benito, which slams shut heavily.
>Camera zooms out from the Casa Benito, over the gem-flecked moondust, out to 'the hill' where instead of spies, now lives Alex, pretending to be a hermit crab inside an admirabilis shell.

Attached: smugbenito.png (269x193, 66K)