Is Inuyasha the OG isekai anime? Or does Isekai have to have a MMO-theme to be truly isekai?

Is Inuyasha the OG isekai anime? Or does Isekai have to have a MMO-theme to be truly isekai?

Attached: 100145.png (512x384, 199K)

Nope, Rayearth predates it for 3 years (and that one has rpg elements), and Dunbine is older than both.

Fumbles.

>does Isekai have to have a MMO-theme to be truly isekai
what kind of shitty made-up rule is this?

Attached: Isekai.jpg (622x1000, 101K)

Vision of Escaflowne as well.

By the power bestowed upon me, I herebly claim this as the Isekai thread

Attached: meme team.jpg (1083x1600, 309K)

I can't say isekai are even good.

Based. And the og Alice in Wonderland is old as fuck.

Fang Yuan, abusing time travel, making clones, and robbing people of their inhreitance every other chapter, is pretty fantastic, I gotta say.

Morgan, from my memory, invents guns, baseball, electricity, democracy, has random astrological knowledge, and makes an enemy of the Church. Which makes it pretty much the primeval ancestor of modern isekai.

Attached: Absolute Madman.jpg (473x470, 88K)

Attached: real meat.jpg (851x1200, 260K)

I really wanted him and Bai Ning Bing to become comrades.

all rules are made up

Agreed. Them being insanity bros early on was great, and them traveling together was some of my favorite parts of the early novel. She's basically his best minion at this point, if that helps.

And the points don't matter.

Most isekai take clear inspirations from SAO, using skills and stats, more times than not in a world that isn't an established video game.
To the point it's becoming painfully needless.

And SAO is just a worst .hack, which was already pretty shitty.

most take inspirations from dragon quest

We need an inverse isekai. Character pops out of vidya with what amounts to superpowers in our world. Wait, that's basically Ella Enchanted.

The oldest one I could think of.

Attached: first isekai.png (604x97, 5K)

Should crossing borders count though? Otherwise, Mexicans are literally isekaiing every day.

It's not another world, it's time travel.

genre fiction are defined by themes and motifs, generally there are no clearly defined lines in works of art.
Inuyasha would probably fit better with the likes of Narnia in the older genre of 'portal fantasy' before isekai was a thing.

satan being kicked out of heaven is older

There's literally an entire wave of pre-2000s isekai.
In fact, early isekai had its own set of cliches and reoccurring plot points that a large part of why Magic Knight Rayearth was written was to subvert isekai in the first place.

Inuyasha was more a time travel, rather than getting transported to a another world.

FUSHIGI YUGI YOU YOUNG BASTARD PHILISTINES WHO WON'T GET OFF MY LAWN!

>PHILISTINES
More likely Philippines, these days.

cordelia is doing her best

Attached: png.png (147x253, 44K)

my daughterwife.

it has to be MMO-themed. Sorry.

You ha/v/e to go back.