What made it so effective?

What made it so effective?

Attached: 8POjqLy.jpg (1911x1077, 99K)

Yea Forums being a bunch of fucking pussies

We are used to being the apex predator, sealed off from the horrors of a natural existence, perfectly safe in our climate controlled homes. The Abyss is to humans what the real world is like for most animals, a place where you are moments away from being ripped apart by predators or infested with parasites or injuring yourself with no hospital to save you.

Music is absent or barely noticeable.
Camera doesn't cut to random scenery.
On point voice acting.
No excesses, no downplaying. Just raw, visceral pain and fear.

Attached: 1528994629230.png (1200x1200, 423K)

I'm not gonna watch an anime without a single emotion.

This.

/thread

nah, I've watched a lot of gore videos and only the most gruesome (like Funkytown) get me. But this scene still disturbed me.

Great voice acting

I stopped caring about this series after the anime ended. Is there going to be a second season or no?

there is a sequel movie next year

Babby's first tonal juxtaposition

cool

>Music is absent or barely noticeable.
Lol?

GOD
I
WANT
TO
FUCK
OZEN

From that scene. It's there but very quiet.

that shit was fucking gross bro

It was spongebob tier

Early spongebob was good

I knew something like this was going to happen, I didn't care fore any of the characters except for Nanachi.

I meant spongebob tier gross, like that toenail scene

strong toxins

Personally I'd starve Nanachi. It should not take too long given her size. Make my stick thin and so feeble. Then I would feign pity and serve her a plate of delicious char siu meat, with rich, sticky sauce, perfect pancakes, refreshing drinks... go all out. Give that little bastard a banquet. Watch her greedily devour the meat. her lips, teeth, and fingers sticky with the sauce as she throws manners and decorum out of the window in a mad rush to satiate herself. Then, when she's satisfied and feels thing are looking up, I shall reveal she has not been feasting on char siu pork but... char siu Mitty. Yes, I will have ensured Nanachi greedily gobbled up the flesh of her mutant friend that I butchered after growing bored with torturing her. As the tears well up in her eyes and she refuses to believe me, I shall let out a truly evil, bone chilling laugh and upend the contents of a box I'll have near me; it will be the mangled remains of mitty. Her legs gone, her skin flayed, eyes missing, her fingers and arms broken, and head twisted around. That is what I would do to that little bastard. The louder She screams and cries in anguish, the louder and more evil my cackle becomes. Hell, it may just kill me because I'll be struggling to breath as I'll be laughing so hard. I will then loop the footage of her friend being raped by a dog, tortured, and then butchered by me 24/7 at maximum volume. This is the fate that awaits you, you vile little rabbit.

Attached: 1547408594523.png (675x628, 476K)

the voice

Dag, what'd she do?

Knowing that there was literally no chance she wouldn't get through it with all her limbs and personality intact, because we see her do that in the ED, alongside characters she hasn't met yet.

Attached: 4L_As5DTGDO.jpg (742x602, 105K)

The whole series up until the point was increasing the danger level. In the manga, it's even more clear. Riko survived until that point because Reg could handle the combat, this is the first time he fails at combat in the series. Riko told him to use her scale umbrella, which was the wrong choice, so Reg feels even more responsible at this point because he listened to her instead of getting her out of the way.
Reg portrayed as mostly invulnerable until this point as well, even being able to tank Ozen's attacks. Ozen then shifts to Riko, and this sets up the question 'what will happen to Riko?'
Notice how the whole stillbirth thing is introduced, but it's not going to be used until the 7th layer. The series foreshadowed this moment from the start, this was the main trial for Reg and he failed. Their adventure really felt like it was over, and only Nanachi ex Abyss saved them.

The assumption there'd be moments as horrifying as this later on. It failed to deliver however.

I disagree

With my premise or conclusion? They may have studied the Abyss extensively, but Rico is still just a kid, and as such, she's gonna mess up a lot. And that should mean a limb or two lost by now, considering how dangerous the Abyss is.

Attached: 847E99C1-0A3C-49DC-AE5F-B66AE5947091.png (1200x1560, 1.12M)

Cus she's da bestest ever.

Attached: 1559722571167.png (225x350, 121K)

Cutest, bestest, greatest.

Attached: 1557605125119.png (332x443, 102K)

Soudesu. Watashi wa Fluffzen.

Attached: 8d7.png (680x1152, 742K)

(You) have my permission

No shit, she's also the protagonist of the work.

NICE!

>Their adventure really felt like it was over, and only Nanachi ex Abyss saved them.
Great take. Thanks user.

You have to break the bone first

When do we get the Idofront movie? I'm getting impatient.