How could you possibly watch 400+ shows?

Long ago when I frequented Yea Forums, the meme was you needed a few hundred shows under your belt to be welcome. After seven years I have only seen around 350, and I have watched such ungodly amounts of trash. I watch probably ten new shows a year and do mostly rewatching.

So I ask those of you who have seen maybe twice of that, how and WHY did you do it?

Attached: 1470415699920.jpg (704x396, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UC6dsQSn70Cem7zFsUANHqpQ
strawpoll.me/18147315
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I used to watch over 100 anime per year. I've been on Yea Forums for over a decade.
It's easy.

I stopped watching anime and started focusing on manga/LNs about a year ago, but I've got 4 digits worth of anime before I made the switch.

3 full length episodes a day takes 1 hour.
That's 21 shows per season. That's 84 shows per year. Without any effort.

Did you find it worthwhile though? Are there really that many good shows out there?

Sure.

>After seven years I have only seen around 350, and I have watched such ungodly amounts of trash
Maybe if you didn't think "watching anime" meant watching strictly seasonal trash. Also if a person has 350 anime watched but no manga read they're no better than someone with 10 anime watched for me.

Enjoy anime, don't have super picky taste, be willing to try shows even if you might not enjoy them, watch for a long time.

It's not hard.

I watch almost no new stuff and the last few seasons have really not appealed to me. What I do watch per year is mostly old stuff I've dug up in old seasonal charts. I confess I've never been that interested in manga, I don't like to read it off the screen and I don't like to physically store it.

>manga purist

>enjoy anime

Attached: 1525277730558.jpg (428x422, 25K)

this isn't Yea Forums, fuck off

I have never been to Yea Forums in my life.

While I do like manga in general, I'm just saying that someone that sticks entirely to anime just seems ignorant in my mind. Making an anime has more of a barrier to entry than making a manga so it ends up being more homogenized. You're missing out on a lot of stuff if you only watch anime because a lot of stuff isn't going to be adapted and I at least feel like anime requires too much money and manpower to be able to do some things that you can do in manga.

There used to be OVAs where you could do whatever you wanted, but they're not that common these days, at least as productions by themselves. I'm not saying you should only read manga, I'm just saying that people should have some sort of balance between the two instead of sticking to one or the other.

it's easy, just watch 20 anime a season for 5 years and you'll get there eventually

Obviously some people just like anime more than you. There's nothing wrong with you just watching the sorts of things you like, just for some people that includes a lot more shows.
Some of us can find 10+ shows each season we enjoy, to varying levels.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] JK Meshi! - 10 [720p].mkv_snapshot_01.37_[2015.12.08_10.42.19].jpg (1280x720, 104K)

I'm kind of glad I never made a MAL. I'd rather not know how much anime I've watched over the last 10+ years instead of gloating about it for e-peen purposes.

Attached: 1551235297585.jpg (450x600, 85K)

I take som autistic pleasure in it. If I look through the list I can see things I completely forgot I had watched, and feel very nostalgic. I remembered GJ-Bu the other day and remembered how comfy the threads used to be.

Reminder that second seasons don't count.

Attached: Osaka fgsfds.jpg (236x250, 11K)

Favorite ones?

By watching a lot of fucking anime. I've only really gotten into anime in the last few years and I've got more than a hundred shows under my belt. Its mostly about finding the show's that keep you engaged enough to finish. I'm sure that given a few years I can get to 400 then Ill finally be able to post on Yea Forums

Attached: 1556933373906.png (400x434, 90K)

Boku no Pico

I watched probably a hundred in the first year and a half or so. For most people that seems to be a time where everything is great because there's no reference points and at least I was just so enamored with the whole thing I could watch anything. That goes away.

>Only have ~50 shows watched, including second seasons
>Post here anyway
oops

Attached: 13881c7fe214a4e53e90e10dd6ef3af0.jpg (827x1169, 665K)

Wait, you guys watch anime? Is this what this board is? I just thought it was for anime/manga related shitposting?

You are either a morbidly obese neckbeard who watches anime for escapism and therefore is not really affected by its quality or you don't. There's probably less than 50 shows that are actually good out there, maybe you can push it to 100 but you'll have to drop standards a little. If you're lucky you'll get 1 good show per season too, but most likely it will be 1 per year at best. If you want to watch 400 shows, you're going to have to watch a tonne of generic moeblob trash which is pumped out every year.

TL:DR don't fall for the meme, it's either not sincere, or said by the aforementioned obese neckbeards that need something to keep them distracted to stave off the noose a little while longer.

Roughly 15 years ago I gobbled chinese cartoons like mad, including homoshit and trash shows (as in poorly animated). Looking back at it now, it was sort of edgy to me to be different.

As I grew up and learned that everyone in the eastern hemisphere have a formidable power level compared to the pleb western hemisphere, the novelty of gobbling shows wore off and I haven't watched much shows for years now. Manga reading is always on though

Also, you don't need to watch that many shows to have a high power level user.

Like how you don't need to watch every football match to know that Liverpool has never won the premier league in your lifetime and how Barcelona spilled their spaghetti this year

I watch anime to fall asleep out of habit. I get nightmares if I don't hear japanese women squeaking faintly in the background.

You're just going to the other extreme. There more than 50 good anime but I also think people that mindlessly consume every anime every season are stupid.

I usually watch 20+ on average seasonal shows a year and it adds up since time flies by on Yea Forums.
I try not to limit myself and be open to try any anime apart from mobage/video game adaptations which are always shit.
I just want to witness much anime as I can to broaden my horizons because I enjoy the medium.

Attached: 1531508563718.gif (540x466, 612K)

Somewhere around 50 and 100 for sure. These days a lot of the quality I find is in older adaptations of literary classics or something with a historical theme. Last major discovery I had was Hyouge Mono which is now a favorite.

realistically speaking there probably aren't more than 300 anime actually worth watching and anybody who tells you otherwise is a just victim of the sunken cost fallacy

Attached: 1560119314706.png (370x358, 124K)

I literally just mostly rewatch shit now, i've got to a point where by the time i've finished rewatching stuff, I can rewatch from the beginning and it's almost fresh.

99% of modern anime just doesn't interest me any more

All these questions pop up, because you're a filthy casual and normalfag.
Only someone who's never had something he enjoyed to the fullest would ask such questions.

Fuck off.

I used to have those kinds of motivations too. I really enjoyed the concept of anime more than any single show. I still love how little stylistic clues can give away pretty much the exact year something was made.

honestly it's sad to see someone arbitrarily close off their options like this

Only a greasy shut-in would choose to consume anything that could keep him occupied instead of reducing consumption when the well is running dry.

I do try every season, either anime has changed or I have, but either way most anime is just too bittersweet for me, it seems as if they identified what made anime good, and then solely focused on those attributes.

I don't really know how to explain it, but I do try. I still get a bit every now and again from series like Mix that are connected to older series that i've liked.

If I've seen at least 1 isekai anime, then can I just add 50 other ones to my MAL and save myself the hassle?

Attached: 1557742012598.jpg (474x479, 37K)

you've become jaded, why not take up another hobby completely unrelated to anime/manga/L/VNs, and come back when you got a fresh outlook

Maybe I lost interest when SoL faded away. I always hated Isekai.

damn, my greatest fear in life is becoming this mess

eh, it's not so bad, anime was never a major part of my life. I have been months without watching anime but it just doesn't change, the damage is irreversible seemingly.

>MAL
If you're doing it just to have a bigger number then you're a waste of oxygen.

did you at least venture out to other forms of media, eg manga virtual novels rpgs etc for you quit anime

I used to be a militant autist like you. 2013 I was on Yea Forums every day hating every functioning human being. To be honest I've become what I hated.

If you're from a generation and a country such that you were already watching anime as a child, then lived through the golden age of fansubbing and kept watching until now, I don't think it's hard at all. I don't force myself to watch trash, but unlike some of the more jaded oldfags I still enjoy the medium, and the sheer amount of anime being made means I can easily find 6-12 shows to follow every season.

I watch whatever looks interesting and end up seeing about one or two shows per season. There's no need to watch ungodly amounts of anime that you probably won't enjoy.

I used to read a lot more manga, and still will if any good ones pop up. Never got into LNs because the fan translations are always an atrocity against the English language and the official translations are slow.

I wish the fansubbing was still happening. Actually I wish the whole internet from that time was still happening.

Not really that bad if you learn how drop shit. I have finished a mere 500 shows, but dropped 600. I've also watched more than a thousand movies and OVA's. Which are more important imo. Television anime are pretty bad, no matter the era.

>and the sheer amount of anime being made means I can easily find 6-12 shows to follow every season.
>I don't force myself to watch trash
This is the sort of person who argues to have standards. Couldn't make this up if you tried .

Attached: 1547944666991.jpg (400x400, 20K)

>I can rewatch from the beginning and it's almost fresh.
Think I will reach this state in a couple of years, have watched daily for 17 years or so.

I'm not that picky. I watch almost every show ever season, trash or not. If you can time manage and watch everything that comes out that day without pushing it aside, you'll be able to manage "400+" shows at a steady pace.

I read and keep up with a handful of mangas at night time, as well.

I've probably dropped at least 300. I can see how.

For me when you watch such amounts, even if it is rewatching, it gives you time to forget everything but the very general gist of the plot. When I watch it again, even though I know basically what is going to happen, I pick up on most of it, and see neuances I didn't notice before.

I only watch shows that are remembered for longer than a season. Haruhi comes to mind, or TTGL, and some other, older anime. I've seen about 150-200 in total, not sure. I barely watch anime these days. There doesn't seem to be anything remotely worth watching the last 5 years.

Cool. Can't wait to rewatch Juunikokki. Can hardly remember anything about it anymore.

Sure, Yea Forumsermin

Thanks for reminding me, loved it the first time too.

the meme is real and it's to filter out people like

>movies and OVAs
TV anime has time and budget limitations but is still overall the better way of making an anime. 90% of OVAs were animation wankfests while being shit at anything else and anime movies almost always pale in comparison to live action movies. Unfortunately I think TV series these days being 12 or 13 episodes a lot of the time limits their potential, along with the medium as a whole just stifling creativity.

He's right though.

>and anime movies almost always pale in comparison to live action movies
Not only factually false, but also irrelevant. You're simply unable to appreciate non-plotfaggotry. Go back and watch some more barely animated seasonal anime with vapid characters, kitbashed backgrounds and rehased stories. On average, a season barely ever has more than 2-3 shows worth watching. Sometimes they have none, like the current one.

>On average, a season barely ever has more than 2-3 shows worth watching. Sometimes they have none, like the current one.
I agree with this but this doesn't mean anything. I don't really watch seasonal anime at all.

>You're simply unable to appreciate non-plotfaggotry
I don't know how you pulled this bit of nonsense out of your ass. Anime movies and OVAs had plots, they were just shit and I'm not a retard that just wants to look at pretty lines moving. There's plenty of shit you should be watching besides anime if you just wanted pretty animation. Hell, anime shorts are better at that than movies or OVAs. There's plenty of great TV series too that are "non-plotfaggotry". But they have other things that are appealing outside of pretty pictures. I also know you think I'm talking about MCU garbage when I say live action movies, but that's just because you have zero experience with live action film but still think you can have an opinion on it because your parents occasionally drag you to the latest blockbuster comic book adaptation.

>You're simply unable to appreciate non-plotfaggotry

This is going to be my new favorite

You're probably joking, but seeing the average level on discussion on this place I wouldn't be surprised if half of the board just posted based on second half information from other shitposters

>There's plenty of shit you should be watching besides anime if you just wanted pretty animation
There actually isn't much, and you'd know that if you actually watched internatational animation that wasn't $300m Disney/Pixar shit. Good luck finding well animated hand drawn animation outside of Japan. Most of the films released by the French are barely animated. Currently, the US schools everybody in 3D, Japan everybody in 2D (that aren't shorts) and less popular types like stop motion etc are pretty randomly distributed. Once you've consumed most noteworth western animation, there aren't a lot of awe inspiring works for you to watch. Be it Loving Vincent, Approved for Adoption or Girl without hands, all of which are extremely critically acclaimed European films from the past few years. Their animation is extremely limited and never even tackles the realism or complexity seen in Japanese 2D.

Stop pretending to watch international animation when you've clearly never seen anything that didn't have a Hollywood budget. At this point, only Japan's animation industry is even big enough to make these detailed 2D feature films. That's why Europe is mostly good in shorts, and produces more impressive products than Japan on (almost) an annual basis.

I think pic related is the perfect way to illustrate it. At some point I just started delving into series I would have never touch with a ten foot pole before and realized that I enjoyed them, so I just started watching whatever caught my attention at least a little and that's how I reached more than 600 completed.
Not to say that I didn't drop some trash in bewteen, but I also found many anime that while they weren't exactly great, still provided enjoyment.
It also helps that with the average anime runtime being of 24 minutes its pretty easy to find time to watch at least a couple episodes a day, providing you don't waste all of your time shitposting here

Attached: 1559687256838.png (900x514, 43K)

I was stuck in that last phase for the longest time and now I've found myself back in the elitist zone.

I should probably clarify that I don't think every anime that Japan shits out every season is a masterpiece, my standards have just gotten so high I barely watch anything anymore.

I know this Yea Forums, I also visit frequently so '' I must be a retard. for being here'' I thought that was a joke how can one person watch that many?
I first came in 2011-12 and in 7-8 years I only saw about 40.
That's still a whopping 5 series a year on average.
> I wasted my life daily watching 5, 20+ episode series each year for 8 years.

>like anime more than you
Like more anime than. Lower standards doesn't mean greater appreciation.

Glad to hear it's all working out for you.

>I know this Yea Forums, I also visit frequently so '' I must be a retard. for being here'

Attached: 1531751365259.jpg (703x469, 63K)

I've watched around three months total time. Not sure how to feel about that.

why do you even come here? if you don't watch current animes there can't be anything for you to discuss other than shitposting and "hurr why is modern anime so shitty?" (also shitposting)

He could read current manga. Or just talk about 5+ year old anime, which do get threads. I don't really watch seasonal anime either.

I bet 5 becks that you've never explored a single piece of animation beyond superficial levels but instead spent your time consuming for the same of consumption. You don't like anime. You merely use it as a timesink. It could be replaced with virtually anything else. You're a consumer, not a fan of the medium.

Let's say 90% of anything is shit. That's still 3.5k anime. Let's be super generous and say a 3rd of that is just really short stuff like OVA or movies and that another 3rd isn't accessible or you've never head of it. That's about 1.1k of anime that's worthwhile. If you haven't seen this much after putting 7 or more years into watching anime. You don't like anime.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (637x213, 50K)

Maybe you're right. I did at one point love anime. Now I just watch it because western shit makes me mad.

That's actually incorrect. It's not really that many anime. You already need to deduct all the sequel seasons and movie. Code Geass for example has how many entries listed on Myanimelist? 50? That's not 50 anime. It's 1 anime with 50 entries. You do this for every single franchise and the total amount likely drops to 5000, if not lower.
>If you haven't seen this much after putting 7 or more years into watching anime. You don't like anime.
I've actually seen more in less than 3 years, but a person who has seen 50 anime and spent their time analyzing them is still someone who like anime more than someone who has seen 2000 and never did anything but shitpost on Yea Forums. The former is a fan, the latter a mindless consumer who is quite literally worthless to the board or any community. Consuming shit won't garner you respect and it doesn't make you a fan, brainlet.

when I started out I could watch 15 anime in a week, now I'm lucky if I can do that in a year.

Attached: 1558843781485.png (215x189, 55K)

Honestly I've only watched around 50 anime series (assuming you count later seasons and spin offs as part of the same series), and I'm already sick of most of the garbage that gets put out.

I really don't understand why people like anime so much. There's several good series for sure, but 90% of it is trash.

If I had to watch 500+ anime series I'd kill myself

That's a good thing. You don't want to be admired by lonely teenagers.

Same, except that reading translated shit doesn't count.

I've always taken a lot of pleasure in counting and organizing what anime I've watched, but when we refer to watching a certain number of anime, are we generally talking about separate shows or everything including multiple seasons of a show + movies? I've watched a decent amount more of anime including seasons and movies than I have just separate shows, cause of stuff like Monogatari and EVA(rebuilds too) to name a few

Attached: 1547831733688.png (756x715, 889K)

anime is entertainment. it's meant to be consumed.

And the same way a boomer who comes home from work is not a fan of public television, or how every normalfag listens to music and goes to the movies, you're not a fan of the medium unless you engage with it beyond superficial levels. Plain and simple. The average normalfags hobby isn't music, either. Using Spotify doesn't make music a hobby.

You don't need to leave the elitist are if you embrace elitism in other mediums like literature, music, cinema, (games).

I relate to this graph hard. Recently I’ve been going back and watching “bad” ova’s, just to marvel at the raw artistry, or marathoning shit like Sailor Moon, or some random super robo show, something I would have immediately dismissed as trash before, but am now loving.

Its hard to articulate exactly why, like a switch in my brain has clicked and I’m full blown otaku mode now, instead of just watching “good” shows that happen to be in the anime medium.

If you watched more 50 shows, you are a sick fuck

Who here saves everything they watch (as long as it wasn't horrible)?

I watch anime simply to catalog it. I am interested in the shows but I am also very interested in perfecting my cataloging techniques and librarianship. I believe this entitles me to call myself someone who goes beyond the superficial. It's all in the sub-catalogs and indices and the cross referencing. My catalog is quite extensive and therefore allows me to recite my knowledge of the shows simply by referring to my database. The whole thing is printed as a hardcopy and runs to several dozen binders. I document as much as I can regarding each item in my collection and I am hoping one day to pass the whole lot onto a museum of anime one day.

This is an inaccurate chart. Taste needs time to develop. So when you're a newfag and start you journey as an elitist, there will be many shows you won't consider not because they are bad, but because you simply haven't found appreciation for it yet. Many newfag will not like something like Kaiba, simply because it comes off as too artsy. They won't like most old movies either, because they simply are, well, old. They will also have stereotypical views regarding genres, such as idolshows or slice of life. However, that doesn't make any of them bad. It simply takes a time for most people to appreciate animation, to appreciate visual and artistic direction, to accept that every single genre can have good shows. You don't start broadening your horizon because you've settled for shit, but once you've gained appreciation for certain types of animation your interests change fundamentally. So the "plateau of mediocrity" is pretty inappropriate. Freefall into abyss is more of a mental state. If you're a chronic shiteater then you'll be one from day 1.
Not anymore. Now I instantly delete everything that wasn't at least good or had some redeeming qualities in the visual department.

I absolutely do, and go further. Every few years I’ll sit down and recheck every old show I have against releases on Bakabt and nyaa to ensure it’s the best possible version it can be, and seed it indefinitely till a better version appears.

I suppose this kind of effort, cross checking some weird ova from the 80s on private trackers is the kind of enthusiast attitude is talking about compare to someone who just watches whatever on Netflix, but I think that kind of gatekeeping is retard. Everyone starts somewhere and have different ideas of what fandom is.

I wind up unintentionally doing that just because I'm too lazy to delete everything after a season has finished airing.

>but I think that kind of gatekeeping is retard
Do you consider people who watch public television to be movie enthusiasts? Or those who use Spotify to be into music? Media consumption is the most common timesink in the world. Everybody does it in one way or another, whether they like to or not. It's not a hobby.

>new season
>watch 1 ep of everything to see what is good
>count for 1 anime seen even if i finish only 5 of them
>do it every season
Done. I've seen over 500 animes, not even counting manga

I've seen over 600 titles and I still feel like a fucking newfag

I'm at 393 completed anime and I'm watching 7 shows from this season as well as one longer one from my backlog. 400 is easy, you just get there eventually. I watched almost 100 of those last year.

Attached: 1546906687808.gif (280x280, 1.21M)

Hey Someone post a episode. If u own the casette

I do. I have almost every anime I've ever watched, besides the ones that suck or ones I know I'll never rewatch. I know quite a few that should still have a 2007/2008 file creation date in their file properties.

you aren't watching anime to be entertained, you're watching to reaffirm the stick up your ass. you are a pretentious faggot who sees no value in anything unless you can use it to masturbate your ego.

lurk more

>but no manga read they're no better than someone with 10 anime watched for me
If I'm watching anime because it is animation, why the fuck should I be expected to read manga?

Attached: 1550254435622.jpg (1056x720, 671K)

I've been on Yea Forums, and been watching anime, since about 2008. I have completed 710 anime in that time (I know this because I save anime I complete), as well as watched the first 1-3 episodes of countless others.

I agree that you ought to have watched a certain number of shows in order to post on Yea Forums, although after a certain point, you do tend to get cynical. There was a time, back in 2014 or so, when I watched and enjoyed about 25 shows per season. The problem was the next season, many of those more obscure shows I liked had a reboot of sorts. Rather than a second season, some anime studio just reskinned the anime by tweaking a few details, like character names, in a Mad Libs style rewrite. It got to the point where there were even contemporaneous anime with basically identical stories and characters, airing the same season (see Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry and Gakuen Toshi Asterisk, for example). Shit like Fate/Stay-Night, or however the fuck you punctuate it, plagiarizes itself, within its own highly derivative franchise of nonsense.

When you've seen 500+ anime, you get a better sense for how shitty an anime actually is, and you get a sense for the difference between seasonal regurgitation, derivative shounenshit and the truly good anime (for example, Kill la Kill or Darling in the Franxx). So, yes, we do need people on Yea Forums to be highly avid watchers of anime. But we also need the people who have seen between 20-150 anime on here as well, for the enthusiasm they bring.

>3 full length episodes a day takes 1 hour.
>That's 21 shows per season. That's 84 shows per year. Without any effort.
I don't agree with this mentality. Anime is something I enjoy because I like the stories, the art, the characters and so forth. But I don't like every single anime. Why would I? Do you think anyone who likes Hollywood movies goes into a movie theater and buys a ticket to every movie??? I literally just watch anime for my own enjoyment, so I only watch what I enjoy.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Uchi no Maid ga Uzasugiru! - 08 [720p].mkv_snapshot_05.58_[2018.11.24_23.02.08].jpg (1280x720, 285K)

My tastes in anime were born amidst trash. Besides the shounen or kids stuff that got dubbed for western TV in the late 90s and early 2000s, I watched nothing but ecchi, harems, notoriously edgy crap and the start of the isekai craze from the mid 2000s until about 2013 or 14. I watched a few of the big popular shows that aired in that era as well but I didn't start watching more "respectable" stuff until after that. Then I started watching shows seasonally in 2017 along with backlogged stuff.

I've never been much of an elitist, I've always just watched whatever I want but I can acknowledge the craft that went into making some genuine masterpieces as opposed to the trashy shit I also enjoy.

All you need are really slow standards

>I've always taken a lot of pleasure in counting and organizing
What a coincidence. I too am autistic.

I watch shows for >fun
If I don't enjoy it, I drop it. Simple and easy. I've got a lot of free time because I give myself a lot of free time. Games, books, manga, anime, learning new things like cooking or languages, all things I can get done and that's with a full schedule. I'm in no rush user, so why should you be? Just do what you enjoy.

Attached: 1386179925948.jpg (512x512, 43K)

>3 full length episodes a day takes 1 hour
But it takes me well over a month to find a show worth watching usually, so yeah, I probably only actually watch 6-10 anime a year from start to finish, watching one or two episodes of loads and spending far far more time just shitposting about anime instead of actually watching it.

user, analysis is entertainment. You can also watch some shows for fun and others for more sophisticated reasons. It only becomes a problem once you consume media for nothing but fun. Then you're merely a consumer and no better than the fat factory worker who just came home from their shift.

>all these people talking about "muh standards"

Can one of you retards elaborate on what the fuck this even means?

A set of criteria somebody might possess that would describe what they will or won't watch. How is that a hard concept?

The only standards I like to uphold are strictly visual ones. If something looks like shit I don't want anything to do with it, otherwise I will at least try anything but if despite the visuals, other aspects of the show aren't there then I probably won't finish it either.

>I watch probably ten new shows a year
Fuck off newfag.
If you're not watching at least 15 shows every season you have no place to be here.

Attached: 1333545455545.jpg (790x719, 93K)

Watching things you may enjoy. If it's something that doesn't spark my interest why on earth would I watch it?

I've watched like 3 seasonal anime since I started watching anime in the mid 90s.

In my experience, and it was true for me, most people significantly slow down after around 300 unless they have mental illness. I’m over 400, but the last hundred was spanned out over like the last 7 years.

Always one or the other extreme with you people, ether 1 or 15+

How does 7 sound? I'd say there are about 7 good shows airing right now.

You each gave a totally different answer, so clearly people are not using the word "standards" in a uniform way.

I don't have that many (haven't been watching anime for that long) but to use seasonals as an example:
if you watch 10 seasonals, that's 40 shows a year. Add a couple show during the weeks off, you get to 50.
And 10 seasonals means 1 show a day, sometimes 2 (10 a week). That's 30mins/1 hour a day.
The AVERAGE american watches 3 hours of tv every day... So to watch

>How does 7 sound? I'd say there are about 7 good shows airing right now.
name them, then we'll tell you how it sounds.

>believing Yea Forums
Gullible idiot.

I was like you. Then my first year of watching airing shows ended and I wondered why I was doing that to myself so I stopped.

i watched almost every show airing each season from 2014 to last year (40 shows a season) by watching less than 2 hours a night.

>only 350
fuck off newfag. you're not well versed enough to discuss things here. watching under 1000 anime should be a banable offense.

Attached: count.png (352x66, 8K)

>watching 6-7 shows in a day
does it not feel like a chore at this point? do you even enjoy it, swapping from one to the next?

My fucking condolences. Hope you've at least watched an equal amount of works from before 2010.

>fansubbing
It feels weird to watch a show from that period and be blown away by any form of typesetting when at the time it was just expected. The high video quality standards died with it, and those were a part of the community for years until CR came along and now no one seems to care.

>I'm not like them I'm superior
*tips fedora*

>Bocchi
>Fruits Basket
>Carol & Tuesday
>Sarazanmai
>Isekai Quartet
>Kimetsu no Yaiba
>Snk 3.5
I'm gonna watch the lewd sensei one when the uncensored BDs are out.

Attached: 1557010942842.webm (800x450, 389K)

But I am not. I have a hobby. They don't. Doesn't make me better, senpai.

>standards
Are you ESL? I can't fathom that being a foreign concept otherwise.

Because I like anime. Also it's 300 before posting, 1000 to have a valid opinion. It's just a way to keep retards who have watched literally 20 anime and talk about quality even though they have no idea what they're talking about away.

>fast forward fags
honestly disgusting desu

i said to last year because i got burnt out pretty much last year. now i watch somewhere between 3-10 usually.
over 1800 completed so way more

Minami ke or w/e is not even 400 eps long. Anything that is 400eps is just filler or shit though prove me wrong.

Most of those are actually good. You should be watching Senryuu Shoujo, though.

>over 1800 completed so way more
You claim to have watch 40 shows per season for 5 years. That's 800 in total. Not sure how 1000 are way more, but whatever.

That fat factory worker produces the goods you consume, you conceited nigger.

>33 minutes
Gave me a chuckle

Maybe I'll give it a go. I'm probably going to try 7 Seeds as well when Netflix drops it at the end of the month.

But beyond that I either dropped everything or didn't even want to try picking it up. Some seasons I understand the meme but I genuinely cannot fathom wanting to watch 15 or more of the shows from season.

do you not realize how many shows 1000 completed is?

>Senryuu Shoujo
Terrible adaptation. Bitch doesn't even talk in the manga. Also
>short

Not way more than 800. Beside, if you've completed 1800 shows (not anime) then you have my condolences again

>rejecting shorts
Sign of a pleb

Attached: [-__-'] Aiura - 09 [BD 1080p FLAC] [EE16399B].mkv_snapshot_01.41_[2019.05.05_01.53.33].jpg (1920x1080, 246K)

I don't keep count of the amount of shows I have watched. I don't watch too many either, maybe 3 or 4 a season at best. Yet I've never been called out and told to watch more anime. All you have to do is not be a retard when discussing shows. It is that simple.

>LOL IT'S ON NETFLIX SO I'LL WATCH IT XD
Kill yourself Yea Forumsermin.

>But it takes me well over a month to find a show worth watching usually
you sound like I've of those retarded normies that are constantly like "iS tHiS aNiMe WoRtH wAtChINg?!??"
rather than but being a faggot try watching an anime, lets say the first episode, and then if you don't like it you drop it
but it seems like you need to wait until other people confirm that it's """worth""" watching, you are on woman levels of need self validation from others

If you're not watching atleast 30-40 per season you need to fuck off.
You play and watch games and tv shit yet anime is too good for you but still post on Yea Forums.

I thought they were fa/tv/irgins like the fa/tg/uys?

>American

champions of Europe

I love how all the replies are people saying they don't watch anime anymore yet they're still on here.

Keit-ai.

700+ here. The main thing for me is I'm not picky. I'm satisfied just watching cute characters do their anime charade for 20 minutes an episode.

I dont care about gooks I want violence and intrigue so most anime which is SoL crap I avoid entirely. How mentally ill are you to enjoy watching something about school life?

Ho outside then, I bet you want sluts too.

SoL has sluts so whats your point?

Why do you think the posting rate's dropped off so hard in the last few months? Or better yet, why barely any of the threads on here actually talk about an anime outside of shipping/waifu wars and imagedumps?

>stuck on phase 4
and probably I will be there for years. . . help!

Attached: 1422069327738.jpg (840x700, 368K)

Those first 2 years after switching from watching batches to following seasonal shit were magical. I wish it was 2007 again.

Attached: 1271577072453.gif (400x227, 559K)

I have watched a few hundred shows in about 10 years and i regret watching a few dozen of those. Also i dropped over 60 other shows in that time.
Getting to 400 is easy if you mindlessly watch anything, but if you have any standards you have to lower them to get to that amount.
Also, as time goes on anime starts to lose its luster so you do, indeed watch less and less.

What truly counts as 350 though? Someone could easily watch 350 short shows/OVAs and pad it. If it's time then someone could just pad it with shit like One Piece. Either way, there's no purpose in counting.

2K here over ~8 years here, the trick is to enjoy watching anime. Don't see why you'd bother if you didn't.

I used to always delete after watching. Now with how cheap you can get hard drives, i've been saving pretty much all shows that are DVD/Blu-ray quality.

>58 years
how old are you exactly user?

Attached: 1534564502915.gif (529x720, 296K)

I personally got tired of the current format and slow release of adaptations and have been learning moon/gotten into LN/VN to broaden the pool of 2D shit I can enjoy.

There are people who have pretty much no standards and watch anything because they just enjoy anime that much, and then you have people even watch stuff they hate and do nothing but complain about those shows which makes no sense to me. I've learned to drop early on which is why my count isn't so high.

>reads light novels
>accuses others of having low/no standards

Attached: 1557566574470.png (612x500, 330K)

How does it feel being a fucking newfag to think all light novels are what you see in anime adaptations.

this is not a good thread

>I don't know Japanese so it must be shit.

You’re not a good dude, pal.

He just watches 5 shows concurrently at 8x speed while skipping openings and endings.

T. Seething sweatshop worker

I never said I read everything. Maybe you should read more books user your reading comprehension is kind of lacking.

>if only LNfags read it, no one with actual taste can prove it's bad!

>accuses others of no reading comprehension
>demonstrates zero reading comprehension

Attached: hehe_xD.png (360x594, 250K)

The newfag is you, friend.

>accuses others of having low/no standards

>There are people who have pretty much no standards and watch anything because they just enjoy anime that much
>gotten into LN/VN to broaden the pool of 2D shit I can enjoy

Thanks for proving my point

Stay EOP.

>projecting this hard

watch a couple hundred a year; every once in a while i fond something good that makes it worth it

Here's your (You).

Scratch that, guess you're ESL.

Thanks

If you've seen hundreds and hundreds of shows, then I just have to question your taste. You can watch whatever the hell you want, it's your time, spend like you want, but let's not pretend that because you have watched Isekai Garbage #12 and RomCom Trash #32 you're in anyway especially qualified to discuss shit.

Anyone with half a brain or a meaningful hobby hasn’t watched more than maybe 50 anime. The entire medium is shit.

I have been watching anime for maybe 12 or 13 years at this point, and according to MAL I have 238 completed and 49 dropped. A lot of those 238 are trash I wouldn't waste my time on today, but I watched them when I was younger.

そりゃお前のほうだろうなぁww

So do movies count?

Anyone with half a brain or a meaningful hobby hasn’t read more than maybe 10 light novels. The entire medium is shit.

Dude, once you learn Japanese, you start realising how bad 99% of LNs are. It's like when ESLs can't tell how bad MTL fansubs are.
You sound like you're just cracking Japanese—that's cool, most people give up long before they can comfortably read. Keep it up, buddy.

I see where you're coming from, but 99% of anything is bad at some point. My experience in learning the language has been coming across works barely talked about in the Anglosphere, and that's good enough for me.

Do you even know what ESL means?

I could say the same about people which are only reading manga and not having read atleast some LNs.

Attached: gXgmyso1ND-_Nsptb0UL.jpg (975x1125, 156K)

It stands for English Second Language (speaker), which is what you are and I am not.

I never understood why this is used as an insult on some boards, it only shows how inferior native people are for actually ridiculing someone for comunicating in a language they're not native in.

Attached: 1483033727533.png (1001x798, 202K)

God you all have such fucking fragile egos.

Attached: seven years.jpg (640x480, 34K)

Honestly, I've probably seen like between 100 and 200, I couldn't give you a number. People who watch too many shows simply enjoy too many genres; in other words, their standards are set too low. For example, I never bothered watching slice of life, moeshit, sports, etc. Everybody likes something different. Simply watching everything means you have no taste, the kind of person who simply shovels food in their mouth for nutrition and says everything tastes good, the kind of person who will watch any bullshit TV show or crap movie and say it was OK.

People use it to call out people who have no grasp of the English language regardless of whether they're actually native or not.

I am 30 and I've watched anime since I was 18, was in Yea Forums for all the haruism and code gayass hype. It's all shit to me now, even my old favourites. I save cute animepics and listen to doujinmusic from comiket these days.

Attached: 1550586484483.jpg (628x626, 239K)

*people use it as a shitflinging instrument whenever anyone says something they don't like and they think they can chalk it up to misunderstanding or a stupidity

Based enlightened artstyle connoisseur.
I pretty much just save pictures from twitter/pixiv nowadays.

Attached: D5PKAouUIAAXDr8.jpg (1200x856, 97K)

Ever wondered maybe you just outgrew anime?

*a misunderstanding or stupidity
You'll have to excuse me: I sometimes misplace my articles when I'm getting my dick sucked by your mom

That whole reply chain was shitflinging with no actual arguments.

maybe, but I remain a manchild

Attached: 9260487466348a9a4c09a5d1c8b8dcb30a4f12a502d1902dbaeb3e8c7ecd397d.jpg (1080x1920, 185K)

Good voice acting and good OST (and good animation occasionally) >>> good art

While you are new, you can watch tons of the good old stuff without the need to go through seasonal trash.

Most one-episode OVAs and 5 minute specials are listed as separate entries. So a single 3-season show is likely to be around 10 entries on MAL.

Shorts are the best newfag

Read manga instead

Imagine wasting your life like this. This is the destiny every plotfaggot will eventually face.

Started watching seven years ago

Watched episodes: 13935
Watched anime: 944
Watched minutes: 326561
Watched hours: 5442.683
Watched days: 226.778

You don't even like anime, fuck off

So basically Yea Forums's cycle is something like
>go on Yea Forums, get told to fuck off for being a dumb shitposter
>start watching entry level shit like death note, ttgl, beepboop, haruhi, etc
>start watching seasonals
>rack up 300+ shows under your belt
>reach the point of anime fatigue
>barely watch anything anymore, only come here to shitpost

What is even the point of getting into the medium? Just so you have more shitposting material?

Attached: 1555628414494.png (250x250, 142K)

>Watching nothing but currently airing shows

user please....

Reading 400 trash genre fiction books < reading 1 book of acfual value (Joyce, Ishiguro).

It's barely even worth coming here to shitpost anymore. The most crushing realization of anyone that comes to Yea Forums regularly is the unique IP count. Every thread usually only gets around a hundred posters. Even assuming that the posters in shonenshit threads and other anime threads are completely separate, the active poster count on Yea Forums is only a few hundred, being generous. Of that few hundred, a small minority makes up the majority of posts since most posters only post once or twice a thread.

A good 95% of anime is pure trash
And maybe i'm too conservative with the number

By that logic why do you even watch anime?

I just watch clannad over and over again but REALLY I just play the VN and have 2000+ hours playing it, and this is mainly going down the Tomoyo and Kotomi route. All other shit is just too odd for me, could never get into shit that isn't slice of life. And nothing could really be similar to clannad. Fuck I wished they would just make the Kotomi after already (I read the fanfics but they're shit and don't really seem to understand kotomi's very shy
and child-like personality)

IT'S BEEN 15 FUCKING YEARS KEY STUDIOS, JUST DO IT ALREADY, EA WON'T MAKE A BURNOUT 3 REMASTER SO YOU COULD ATLEAST DO THIS!

Attached: best girl 23.jpg (1024x576, 46K)

Clannad is shit.

I read portrait of the artist as a young man and an an anime expert with over 300 shows. my favorite genres are battle harem and mecha. what now?

>99% of anime is shit and should never be watched

This hyperbolic retarded statement keeps being parroted in this thread and is just completely wrong. Anime can be just like a 7 out of 10, and its fine. If you think only 10/10 shows should be considered, you are still in your elitism phase and just haven't watched enough to know how to rank shit.

There are actually only about half a dozen shows on MAL that are universally considered to be truly bad.

Attached: WilUihzAndkMznD5ecULSlVPEJc8GLmfumF0xS5oh1hdiqUyfuTueY6dLyvCxx0CgpNBQMGVUbPt5wal7W5RNA.png (1058x626, 113K)

Okay the Anime I can understand, they tried to cram EVERY ARCH into the anime which makes a bunch of shit confusing. But the Anime makes up for it by having the after story.

TOMOYO BEST GIRL EVER, PROVE ME WRONG!

Attached: best girl 9.jpg (2560x1440, 1.37M)

I agree, but referring to MAL really doesn't strengthen your argument

I played the VN, it's exactly as bad if not worse. AS is okay and has some good bits

Maiden Rape Assault 3: Violent Semen Inferno

YOU WHAT, HOW????

HOW DOES ONE COME TO THIS CONCLUSION FROM THE VN?!?!?!

Attached: cute.jpg (600x450, 124K)

You're probably not that far off from the truth. I see a lot of the same posting styles, or even the same posts so often that it makes me think that Yea Forums either suffers from a crippling case of the bandwagon effect or it really is just the same people posting over and over again.

Anyone who watches more than one show per season is a filthy normalfag. True anime fans spend most of their day in bed sleeping or laying in bed or crying or some combination of the three. There’s just not enough time to watch more than one show per season.

Or better yet just skipping through half the episode till you find the part with best girl.

Attached: best girl 21.jpg (288x270, 25K)

You all gay

400 shows over a decade is normal
400 shows over 2 years probably means you have no life or taste
either way it filters out newfags and shonenbabs who watch one or two shows religiously because they spoil the board
if you don't believe me, count the shonenshit generals in the catalog

D I L A T E

You seem like a nice user, but I'm sorry, I just think the drama, pacing, dialogue and comedy are really shit, the story and themes overall are mediocre to bad, the characters mostly intolerable and even when I kind of like them (Tomoyo, Mei... I think that's it) the interactions they have with other characters and everything else I hate about the series spoils it for me.

52/150

Stop watching seasonal trash.

Attached: [Some-Stuffs]_Jojo's_Bizarre_Adventure_Stardust_Crusaders_07v2_(1920x1080_Blu-Ray_FLAC)_[C481FD (1920x1080, 3.62M)

By having no standards at all and watching any kind of garbage, even though around the 300 mark you should already know which seasonals are going to be utter trash by the PVs alone

>You do this for every single franchise and the total amount likely drops to 5000, if not lower.
You talk like Code Geass is the rule and not the exception, most anime are not part of some multi-media franchise

Hidan no Aria.

IDK maybe you have to be VERY socially autistic to enjoy it. never having really done anything social kinda gave me an idea of how social interactions work. IDK maybe it's just my autism that makes the show and VN especially enjoyable. It kinda was a life I never will get to live.

God I'm depressed.

Attached: best girl 18.png (704x396, 236K)

but why would I watch an awful anime?

These days there are 30+ anime per season. There are thousands of old shit to view, a good 200+ fall under 'classic'/required viewing as they exemplify a genre/time period. Now, like all media there is an incredible variety in quality of each product. Seasonal anime is typically disposable, you'll forget it in 3~ months most of the time. Racking up about 10 anime a season is easy and will still get you mostly 5/10s (since most will just be adaptions of something you might already read) with an occasional impressive original.

Like you said there are some real trash things each season and I don't think you've just got to have watched every shit battle harem, isekai, nekomimi fantasy harem (each decades 'gimmick'/thing that was done to death). I've somewhere in the 700s and yes, there are many things that just fucking blend together, but I drop anything that is offensively bad/incompetent, if I'm not watching it weekly (so things like ImoImo, where it's just fucking bad is only watched because of threads on Yea Forums).

So why watch so much TV that doesn't get past 7/10 (being impressive)? Because I just enjoy the medium, even the mediocre stuff. Same goes for other mediums, I don't just strictly watch/read/play 8/10 - 10/10. It's simply having had 15 years of avid watching and a shitload of time to blow. Even when the 'fuck off you need to have watched all the classics to post' was around (the charts made in 06/07 etc) I was only in the late 100s.

How do you know an anime is awful without watching it?
I enjoyed plenty of anime that got 9.0 scores.

Most scores on MAL tend to be inflated to 7 or above anyway. How do you even manage to watch stuff 5 or under which are generally obscure 90s/00s OVAs or hentai.

By enjoying stories user and having a fear of missing out on good stuff. 50 a year would be a big underestimate personally but can't say it gets up to 100. I'm either at 700 or 800 anime and probably past 5000 manga, doujins and oneshots excluded, by now.

Attached: 1544450377884.webm (1280x720, 2.55M)

Thanks for actually owning up to it with nuance instead of some babies here who just get triggered when you accuse of them of having "bad taste". There's nothing wrong with admitting you enjoy things that are mediocre.

In the last few years we had for example:
>Netsuzou Trap: NTR (2.02 rating on anidb)
>Ousama Game: The Animation (1.50 rating on anidb)
>Ulysses: Jeanne d`Arc to Renkin no Kishi (1.67 rating on anidb)
>Saint Seiya: Saintia Shou (2.32 rating on anidb)
I found all of those to be more enjoyable than shit like Boku no Hero Academia that gets top ratings.

All of these are complete garbage though.
>better than MHA
Doesn't take much

>Boku no Hero
Okay yeah I don't blame you user.

What the fuck did I just watch?

MAL has some easy to identify patrons while ranking, like hating shorts. You can go to almost any 5 minute long gag anime and it will have a average score around 5 with the top review being a long essay that amounts to "the show doesn't have any deep plot or themes, so it's terrible"

And enjoying mediocre things also doesn't equal to having bad taste

Hard agree. Put taste and series count aside, this is the real pleb filter.

I'll have way more respect for someone who has seen less but gone back and watched something like Aim for the Ace and can appreciate just how revolutionary that show was in 1973 then someone who is just rampantly consuming every show of a season.

Forcing yourself to watch anime just to build a sort of "anime portfolio" is fucking dumb. For most people you should just watch what you think looks interesting. You'd be surprised how much you actually start to enjoy anime when you just go with your gut feeling. Pic related is something I just picked up because I really liked the character designs after seeing some images posted on here and it turned out to be better than like 90% of the seasonal shit I've picked up and either dropped/forgot to finish. Also one last thing, fuck your backlog you're not obligated to finish "i got reincarnated as a bidet" if you don't really want to.

Attached: 1550556627969.jpg (800x600, 146K)

>Long ago when I frequented Yea Forums, the meme was you needed a few hundred shows under your belt to be welcome.
The point of it being that it's somewhere between bloody difficult and impossible; which is to say, no-one is really welcome.
>So I ask those of you who have seen maybe twice of that, how and WHY did you do it?
It's not that I set out to watch hundreds of shows as a goal, I just watch whatever seems interesting, and I've been at it for two decades so I wound up seeing hundreds of shows as a result.

A CGDCT about radio club girls. One of the reasons I don't regret my pick up policy.

Attached: 1541428032189.webm (1280x720, 907K)

I watch about 40 shows a year and I've been an anime fan since I was 12 years old, which was 26 years ago. Real anime fans have over 10k hours watched.

I've watched 600.
Only watched 12 shows last year.
Just goes to show how little the medium has left for me to enjoy.
Anyone who's watched over 1000 is autistic.

I fucking hate summer.

Please don't be upset. Plenty of people like it and think it's good.
Are you himefag?

I love kenny lauderdale at the moment because he just finds and talks about some of the weirdest old forgotten shit no one has ever heard of.

youtube.com/channel/UC6dsQSn70Cem7zFsUANHqpQ

Let's say you spend 2 hours a day watching anime. That's four shows a day and 28 shows in a week. Four seasons make it 112 shows in a year. So even without counting shorts and like you can watch 400 shows in 3-4 years. Pretty possible, and hardcore otakus probably spend more that two hours.

I have them all and I have them backed up, on two 3TB drives.

> I know quite a few that should still have a 2007/2008 file creation date in their file properties
That's so satisfying.

Having this terrible reading comprehension shouldn't be possible.

The reason I can't watch so many shows per season is there's too many sluts and yuribait in my SoL

Comforming to the posting style has been a must for ages though. When I was on here a lot in 2013 I could pick up on even the faintest smell of newfag. After 2015 it was never the same and I'm rarely on.

There's definitely a use for some kind of minimum. I do miss when shonenshit was impossible to discuss on this board. But there's also a line where it's just retarded, people throw around big numbers for e-penis reasons.

When did I say I was doing that? I'm currently watching through Monster, I've also polished off a few shorter TV shows and OVAs in the last few weeks too.

You can watch stuff as it airs as well as working on your backlog at the same time. The only reason I watch stuff seasonally is because I'm on Yea Forums so often. You tend to unintentionally see spoilers for stuff otherwise.

Imagine being this retarded. Until Netflix releases it on June 28th there is no other way to get it, if no fansubs are available in any decent amount of time I will watch it there. What an absolute sperg.

Attached: qDvzKUlL_400x400.jpg (240x240, 11K)

But why would you even have an account?

When you say "don't watch seasonal anime" what do you mean? Every anime series was "seasonal" once upon a time.
And what does "only watch staff that's worth it" means? You can't know if something is enjoyable until you try it. Or are you completely relying on others' opinions to determine what you watch? Always consulting "critical consensus"?

Why should he not? The only arguments I've ever heard against signing up for one of these services are an autistic dislike of streaming and a weird assertion that it's more moral not to pay for entertainment.

Streaming is really gay though

watching seasonal anime means you watch forgettable garbage just because it's currently airing

This turned out to the all-time gayest Minami-ke thread ever. I hate all of you.

It's functionally not much different from watching television. If you don't like it fair enough, but that's no reason no-one should ever do it.

Only if you watch everything just because it's current. If you only watch stuff that's actually of interest to you, it's not really much different from watching an older show that interests you.

stop projecting

How do you know it's forgettable if you don't watch it? I mean, I don't watch everything, but every season there are 5-7 series (including continuations) that are of interest to me. Some of them don't pan out, sure, but the added bonus of week-to-week discussion and speculation is really nice.

>How do you know it's forgettable if you don't watch it?
you can tell by watching one episode

Plus watching older shows that are recommended doesn't always pan out either. Many's the time I've watched something that's been around a while because someone says it's good, and I've hated it.

>how
A lot of it is picking up shows during a new season. Attention span can handle one episode of something a week. It's not much better than being a couch potato but at least it's in a foreign language and takes more effort to torrent shows than to channel surf, not much tho.
>why
Habit, boredom, staves off misery temporarily. Although occasionally I will really get into a series and actually enjoy it.

What's your powerlevel Yea Forums?

strawpoll.me/18147315

IT would only take 80 days of your life to watch 400 13 episode series

>All good anime was once seasonal so that means all seasonal anime is good! logic!

lol

I started 13 years ago or so; initially I watched 2-3 shows per week, but nowadays I only finish around 30 or so per years of which most is seasonal stuff.

Attached: mal.png (399x118, 4K)

i just like watching anime, i watch about 15-20 per season and then there is my hydra of a backlog to deal with

Attached: zn8jQGH.png (340x71, 3K)

What plotfag? I haven't watched anything but moesol since 2012. You'll get here too, kid.

Attached: 1547980303155.jpg (320x320, 16K)

Do you dig up every old SoL you can find or just watch seasonal? I've also settled into pretty much this, I do care for slow shoes of other kinds but I don't enjoy action.

That is an accurate cycle yes.
>What is even the point of getting into the medium?
If you enjoy anime before coming to Yea Forums, the cycle becomes a bump in the road and getting over it is great. Shitposting material is an added bonus.

Attached: 1372148136010.jpg (960x540, 79K)

>7 years
there's your first problem. 10 shows a year is your second.

This thread is depressing as fuck. Does nobody here just have a keen interest in animation for the sake of it? Does movement, beauty, fluidity, colors, composition have no meaning? Is a show pointless if it is not perfect in every department? For the record I think the backgrounds in Sarazanmai are fantastic.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Sarazanmai - 01 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_08.29_[2019.04.13_19.15.32].jpg (1920x1080, 1.35M)

Your IQ is too high for this thread.

I hope many of us do but I'm sure the % less than I'd like to believe.

>Does nobody here just have a keen interest in animation for the sake of it?
that's autism

Have another, and this is just episode 1.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Sarazanmai - 01 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_00.13_[2019.04.13_19.06.54].jpg (1920x1080, 516K)

>Your IQ is too high for this board
ftfy*

Oof

I sat down for a few hours some months ago and went through every season on anichart starting from the oldest show I remember watching, being Ashita no Jo. Wrote down everything I remember seeing, in chronological order of release, and ended up at around 500 releases, ~450 leaving out second/third seasons I accidentally counted as separate entries.

It's honestly nice to have a neat list where you can just Ctrl+F to check if you saw something while also having a concrete number.

>Do you dig up every old SoL you can find or just watch seasonal?
none, I don't watch anything these days, the last anime I enjoyed was yuyushiki, the last anime I watched was maid dragon

I watched 30s of hitoribocchi and del

Attached: 3231c7ad.jpg (778x720, 48K)

I do, but the animation is generally not that great with most shows. When it is exeptional that's always nice. I always check out a show with a nice artstyle, but I can't watch hours of that if there's nothing else to keep me interested.

Yeah, I feel like people who hype up Bocchi can't have seen that much great SoL. It's quaint, but not excellent.

What you posted has looked nice but the promo art looks pretty gay. The amounts of bishie cancer today is really sickening.

Well Sarazanmai is pretty gay but it's not in a way that is irritating.

I'll try it but my urge to kill gets tickled pretty easily.

Anime isn't for advancing and creating new types of animation, it's an industry that uses types of animation. There are animators in the industry who are interested in new techniques, but they aren't focused on creating new techniques, they are focused on using them to produce anime.
If you wanted 'good animation' you'd go search for animation awards by people who understand and work on animation specifically. Like for instance, Kamichu! won awards for it's animation yet it's rarely mentioned. I liked the VA work for the main girl too, but that's something that's difficult to talk about.
Anime is a composition of VA, animation, direction, character design, sound editing/music(which is big in anime because they edit it like a music video and don't make the music ahead of the show), all of these make 'anime' the anime that we know.
What's worth watching is what you believe is worth watching, and what's worth enjoying it what you find enjoyable.
Discussion of entertainment can be enjoyable, but the experience of that entertainment is entirely separate from sharing appreciation or analyzing entertainment. Those are three different things, the experience of watching anime, analyzing anime, and discussing it.

ITT: a bunch of autistic fagots arguing about stupid shit
I spit on you.

Bro its a Kunihiko Ikuhara show, of course its gay, and straight and every weird thing in between.

His last anime was about lesbian bears.

Disgusting.

>I don't like X
OK.

You don't understand. You have to stop liking what I don't like.

>Does nobody here just have a keen interest in animation for the sake of it?
I have been saying that for the thread. I watch anime because it's mostly comprised of an animation style I love that has died out in most other parts of the world. To the guy trying to shame people into reading more manga, why should I care about reading manga when I'm watching anime because its animated? Or to the guy who doesn't understand what having standards means, my standards are first and foremost, does something look good? If yes I will probably watch it. I'll gladly watch trash like Phantom World, Nerawatera Gakuen, or Danmachi or Kimetsu no Yaiba or the countless stupid 80s and 90s ovas that I've seen because they are fun to watch.

Obviously my favorite series are ones that combine amazing visuals with stellar storytelling elements, but there is something to be said about just having amazing visuals. Watching anime and not possessing an inherent love of animation seems rediculous to me.

Attached: 1459479602809.webm (852x480, 2.88M)

bump

>only

>obese neckbeard
>escapism
My life man. ;_;. And i have enjoyed all 600 plus anime i've watched except absolute duo and shieldhero

Jokes on you, I have two shorts rated 9/10.

The overwhelming majority of shows are glorified radio shows full of talking heads, and that includes stuff I like

>Does nobody here just have a keen interest in animation for the sake of it? Does movement, beauty, fluidity
>posts stockfootage Ikuhara show
Every. Time.

How many manga do you need to read?

How could you guys have time to watch all that anime? I could understand if you guys are student or in uni but assuming you guys work then there's probably around 5 hours max each day to watch anime?
Could somebody explain his daily activity ao I could better imagine it?

>watching anime 5 hours a day
You'll get to thousand in a few years that way.

>Even obese escapist fantasy addicts didn't like shield hero

Attached: 1523294530475.jpg (789x756, 114K)

How stupid are you guys? After some time you would get sick of watching anime.

I watched a lot of it when I was a kid, in highschool and in college. But even though I work now, money is tight sometimes depending on what I have going on so I just stay in and watch anime. Say if I go on vacation or buy some new camping gear or whatever, I'll probably spend the majority of nights after work for the next month or so just staying in and watching anime with the expectation of weekends, but even then I will probably end up watching anime with friends. I live alone so I have the freedom to always watch whatever I want.

How can you be so sure about that? What alternative would magically appear in my life if I ever just got sick of it one day?

Anime is repetitive only low IQ idiots cant notice all the tropes in anime.

No, you don't

If I liked anime just for that I would just spend all day watching clips on sakugabooru

What if I like those tropes?

Congrats on summarising everything wrong with this board on a single thread

How do we fix it?

By not letting people who haven't seen at least 1000 anime post on Yea Forums

Depending on the season you can find on average one show worth watching every day of the week. That's 7x4 seasons. I've been a seasonalfag since 2006 so that's around 350 shows.

Add at least 100 I've watched from my backlog and childhood TV shows and that's a very conservative estimate of ~450 without even trying. It's probably a lot more

Mercy kill

Attached: 1559944408222.png (1028x732, 555K)

Number is arbitrary, it used to be 300 back in the day.
What's important is not the number, but the knowledge the journey to it gives. You start out by watching all the classics in different genres, re-watching childhood series in original jap VO, entry-level stuff. Then you check out recommendation charts, by genre, by demographic, by age. Your field of vision expands, your tastes refine. By the time you got to 300-400 titles you have at least basic understanding of history of the medium, of influences and references. You are no longer just a casual who simply stumbled on a novelty, your opinions have experience and understanding behind them.

By not letting people who haven't read at least 100 manga post on Yea Forums.

What would there be to discuss if you swallow literally anything that falls into your mouth?

Explain this to me: You hate MAL and tracking websites, yet you think people should have watched a certain amount of anime prior to posting. So which of the two is it? Do you want them to track, or do you want them to know how much they've seen?

More shows to begin with.

>I have watched such ungodly amounts of trash
>I watch probably ten new shows a year

Seems accurate. Per year there's maybe 3-5 shows worth watching. And of those 5, maybe 1 is great, 2 are good and the remaining two barely cut it. The remaining 155 are downright terrible.

Everything unlike retards who watch 3 series a year.

>discuss
Have you ever been to seasonal threads? There is no worthwhile discussion. There's just dumb people parroting the same shit ad infinitum.

>that Mai oppai bounce
God I love her.

Attached: 1541802234852.jpg (633x673, 112K)

I like to watch anime, even if is not always the best anime. That's it. I'm past 900 series right now. I have become more picky in what I follow seasonally within the last few years but that's because I have a job and stuff.

Mai nigga

Attached: 1503735576356.webm (800x450, 2.99M)

I doubt you've read 5000 manga.

If you're not joking, I'd actually like to see that.

I'm going to a con with a bunch of 5-10 anime seen folks on the weekend. I don't know if I'm looking forward to it. Then again it might not actually be that different from Yea Forums if this thread is anything to go by.

Attached: phantom world mai breast rub.webm (1280x720, 2.25M)

Nobody cares about your garbage

I know you want your English degree to get some use but I think you're late for your shift at Starbucks.

Anime isn't that interesting, there are only 350 max good shows, the rest is garbage and you should move to Manga, LN, VNs

I did it and it was very satisfying, in its own autistic way. You remember all kinds of old stuff, bask in nostalgia, may even rewatch something.
Surprisingly enjoyable experience.

>or Darling in the Franxx

>s-see that animation guuys! and the colour palette! wow it's beautiful! isn't this cartoon great?? look at the fluidity!

lmao sad

Number of shows watched isn't an indicative of anything, MAL is filled to the brim with retards who like 800 anime logged yet Elfen Lied and Fairy Tail are still their favorites. However I would rather have here those people than faggots who barely watch anime and just come here to shitpost or complain about how all anime except the 20 shows they watched sucks.

>the truly good anime (for example, Kill la Kill or Darling in the Franxx)
>Darling in the Franxx
710 shows and your taste is still bad

anime is garbage desu

Attached: 1491505469670.jpg (1280x720, 260K)

Oh wow, look. It's Studio Pablo copying Penguindrums backgrounds
This doesn't even look good.

Embarrassing.

So if you watch 10 shows a year, which is extremely casual by the way, that should mean you have around 70 shows watched not 350. Lurk more before posting.

>how
with enough time anything is possible
>why
I like anime

Attached: 1552082092477.jpg (416x498, 90K)

It's easy in theory but most people with good taste focus more on manga after 200-300 shows

> how and WHY
Watching it, because I like anime/manga.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita! - 08 [720p].mkv_snapshot_05.46.755.jpg (1366x768, 86K)

Just watch anime my dude.

I have sub 30 shows. What are you going do about it?

Attached: 1538619407516.jpg (255x255, 62K)

Congratulate you on subbing 30 shows? Many subgroups collapse while accomplishing less.

aren't you weebs supposed to be good with this context-stuff?

Yea but I have

>Shit like Fate/Stay-Night, or however the fuck you punctuate it, plagiarizes itself
You had me until this point.

Attached: smugman (6).png (652x624, 229K)

I began watching some crap Zero no Tsukaima clips on youtube around 2009 (though I had seen stuff like Yu-Gi-Oh on TV before). Now I've seen over a thousand titles, and I virtually never drop any. Glasslip was as much a pain as a delight, since it was fun to see people lose their minds over the plot. Just have fun with it or take the opportunity to learn something about storytelling, directing, animation, etc, while you watch.

Ten is the current miserable state that has existed for maybe four years. I used to love binging and the first 100 was probably in the first year.

How many anime have you watched? If I had to bet, I'd say less than 200. You're still in the arrogant, know-it-all phase.

I can't even watch one. I don't even know why I'm here.

>You're still in the arrogant, know-it-all phase.
And I'd say you never left yours