Why is this series thought as bad within the Gundam franchise?

Why is this series thought as bad within the Gundam franchise?

Attached: gundam_seed_2_1280.jpg (1280x1024, 453K)

Other urls found in this thread:

animeboards.com/showthread.php?t=40526
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S-CRY-ed
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Only Destiny is.

It actually isn't that bad

I tried watching this show a week ago as my first Gundam. I couldn't make it past episode one. If this is considered a "decent" Gundam then Gundam as a whole must be fucking shit.

/thread

Stock animation out of the ass is a pretty big factor.
Kira taking a mini-nuke to the face and coming out with nothing but minor brain damage is also a personal grievance.

Because everything wrong with Seed and Destiny is directly linked as a result of shoehorning Lacus into relevancy

The thing with SEED is that it starts really slow and in a predictable way, but gets better as it goes on.

Because it is. The 2000s was a dark decade in Gundam history and is best forgotten.

Because we are in such a bright era of Gundam history right now.

Hiraiface is cancer

2010s weren't great, but at least some decent works came out of it which is more than you could say about the previous decade.

its been years since i watched this but in my memories it was hilariously bad
it started with a dumb kid being led on by a red haired stacy
then it turned into a gay romance between him and his friend who spent dozens of episodes shooting in the general direction of each other
red haired stacy gets literally btfo for laughs
then MC gave up on being gay and decided to become gundam jesus, with a pinked haired bitch being his mary magdalene

It's not UC

Watch Fafner, and MJP

MJP is shit tho.

>Fafner
I don't watch edgy teen shit
>MJP
The most hideous bullshit Hirai is involved with

How can you call Fafner edgy? It's not even that depressing.

Yisus Yamato, he resucited in the third episode. It has good memes though.

Attached: 1446684619129.jpg (320x398, 125K)

because it's a shit show

More shonen and teen drama then most gundam shows, blatant plot holes regarding character survival. Can be a bit more preachy then other Gundam shows. Still, it mostly tackles it themes well and has plenty of decent characters, along with a fantastic finale. Something like Gundam Wing and it's straightforward advocacy of "if we just kill all the bad people, there will be peace" is far worse.

>if we just kill all the bad people, there will be peace
SEED is the same but hypocritic.

>MJP is shit tho.

Attached: 1422979448063.jpg (500x642, 68K)

>>Fafner
>I don't watch edgy teen shit
clearly since fafner isn't edgy

It's ugly and the animation is garbage

Not really, the story focuses more on both sides coming to resolution. Obviously the extremist leaders of both factions who want genocide, need to be eliminated/removed from power. But once that happens and a reasonable status quo is reached, peace is declared. And the story makes it clear even the extremists have credible reasons, mostly based around rational fears, for believing what they do. Meanwhile Gundam Wing advocates endless, aimless terrorism against evil secret societies

well at least the soundtrack is nice, soundtrack wise Seed is one of the best, if not the best gundam show

Attached: well.jpg (554x439, 106K)

>obviously it's ok to kill people you don't like

What evil secret societies are you referring to?

Because it has a really good concept behind its setting and the politics of such but the main series wastes a lot of that. Such is why you'll rarely find detractors of ASTRAY and Stargazer since they utilze more of CE's potential.

Seed is alright but Destiny is bad atleast both of them doesn't bored me to death like Age, Origins and NT

Origin is far from boring. It delivers what's on the package: Char's backstory. If you're not interested in Char as a character, then it's not a series for you.

The Illuminati, clearly

>If you're interested in Char as a character, then it's not a series for you.
ftfy

Elaborate.

SEED is fine. Destiny is absolute horseshit, though.

If you like a character you wouldn't want to watch a trashy written-by-a-12-year-old-tier fanfic about him, right? Oh, wait. I forgot I'm posting on the same board with mouthbreathing mongoloids.

You still haven't provided any arguments.

It was hugely popular. But now all the only people who haven't moved on from it are the diehard gundam-fags. Who disliked it because they thought it made them seem smart and world-weary.

Computer guys use nyaa to pirate anime when they should be fighting

I can't believe almost every other show Hirai worked on was better than SEED, and yet SEED is the one that got the most popular.

Really? even Screyed? but to be fair part of it is probably coming from gundam fans

>every other show Hirai worked on was better than SEED
Nope, That toei mecha show with time travel bullshit was so much worse that I can't even bother google the name

What's wrong with Scryed?
Part of what is coming form Gundam fans? SEED's popularity?

I think sCRYed was quite popular:
animeboards.com/showthread.php?t=40526

>Top 10 Most Popular Anime in Japan (according to Newtype Magazine, March 2002)
>1. Scryed

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S-CRY-ed

>s-CRY-ed has been popular in Japan, often appearing on polls taken by Japanese magazines, and once took third place in the Anime Grand Prix awards.

The Romefeller foundation. Yes, they are a known organization, but the extent of their power and influence is secret. And ya, Destiny has a similar evil secret society with Logos, down to the cat for the villain to stroke, but at least there the heroes try to say that their influence is exaggerated, that a lot of people chose to go to war. Definitely messy and poorly done though.

My issue with Wing is that at the start, the heroes are engaged in indsicriminate acts of terrorism, and the pilots are just kinda hoping if they kill enough people the Federation will stop governing the colonies. But this is an insanely bad plan, considering there is no representative the Federation could really negotiate with. And mass killing of soldiers is more likely to enflame and harden opinion against the colonies then lead to leniency. All this would be fine if the show showed this as being somewhat questionable, but instead Federation officers praise their courage.

Going back to the original quote, it's not as if I have an objection to targeted assassinations. But Dr. J states it so simply ("Heero kills the evil, war loving people"), that you can't help but laugh. And considering the Gundam pilots are NOT engaging in targeted assassinations for the most part, it comes across like a madman trying to justify murder, while the show pretends the idea of assasination leading to peace is novel. It's just not.

buddy complex?
>Part of what is coming form Gundam fans? SEED's popularity?
yeah but the reverse could also be true like there are some people who liked G-reco and IBO
its kinda sad it just ended aside from getting a manga. I wouldn't want dead horse like code geass even if they are doing an AU thing but I would like something like a movie that could be a recap but in better res or a completely different story or maybe an adaption of the manga

>I wouldn't want dead horse like code geass even if they are doing an AU thing but I would like something like a movie that could be a recap but in better res or a completely different story or maybe an adaption of the manga

>On April 8, 2011, Sunrise announced on the official s-CRY-ed Japanese website the series would be re-released and re-mastered in a two-movie release comprising the entire series and including new footage, titled s-CRY-ed Alteration, as part of the s-CRY-ed 10th Anniversary Project.[23]
>The second part, QUAN, was released on March 10, 2011.[29]

Attached: 1481202863369.jpg (855x720, 292K)

Wing doesn't exactly excel in realism and subtlety. It's just a simple-minded series and doesn't pretend to be much more. It also lacks the artifice to try to justify its way of thinking like SEED does.

Pretty much.

I was just getting into chinese cartoons when scryed was around, it topped Inuyasha and HxH constantly in newtype and animage character polls.
The scryed hype instantly stopped when SEED preview was out (show was not even released yet) and afterwards, polls were dominated by SEED for years

Attached: coffee.jpg (335x378, 17K)

Every show justifies it's way of thinking, the question is if it does it well. I thought Seed did it pretty, basically stating that coordinators and naturals had to live in peace with one another, as wars of extermination were just too costly. Destiny expounds upon this by proposing that wars are inevitable, no matter how much accumulated or recent wisdom about the horror of war. Durandal proposes full genetic determinism as a solution to this, and Kira and friends reply that such a society would be cripplingly stagnant, and limit personal freedom too much. I tended to side a bit more with Durandal on this one, but Kira's position is quite valid, and I wouldn't trust someone as manipulative as Durandal to lead a society such as the one he's proposing.

You are taking this dumb schlock way to seriously.
If I could have in any way agreed with you that any show tries to justify its way of thinking I wouldn't have explicitly stated that Wing doesn't and that Seed does.
You are just assuming that all people have fragile egos that will shatter from the slightest dissonance in their self-image.

Wing > seed.

Seed and 00 are infinitely better than the pointless UC fan-fiction we are getting nowadays.

Seed no but 00 yes.

it's kinda a rehash of 079 with a better soundtrack and dialog that at least make sense, still it lose all the >war, war is hell angle even if they try to incorporate it

also fukuda is an a hack and destiny is top tier bullshit (still a fun ride if you accept Kira as your personal saviour)

and to close my comment

NICOL WAS ONLY 16

HE LOVED THE PIANO

HE WASN'T VERY GOOD, BUT WE MADE ALLOWANCES BECAUSE IT WAS THE POLITE THING TO DO

But both Seed and 00 are actual trash while we've gotten a few good to mediocre entries mixed in with the shit this decade. The only thing not bad in the 2000s was IGLOO, and SDGF if you have childhood nostalgia for it.

>My issue with Wing is that at the start, the heroes are engaged in indiscriminate acts of terrorism, and the pilots are just kinda hoping if they kill enough people the Federation will stop governing the colonies.

Not 100% true they were not indiscriminate all targets of the Wing boys are military bases owned by OZ particularly with high ranking personnel so it wasn't random in fact its arguably more precise then Celestial Being who simply engaged themselves with any conflict in particular, the Wing boys had a target and went after them.

>But this is an insanely bad plan, considering there is no representative the Federation could really negotiate with.

Because it wasn't the initial plan, the Operation Meteor we see in the series is completely different from the intention of complete destruction of earth and the hostile take over of the earth sphere government there was going to be no room for negotiation as they turned earth to a wasteland with repeated colony drops in the original plan and cleaned upo shop with the Gundams. The new plan was created (and roughly) because they couldn't morally agree to it not even in sync it was mostly left up to the pilots.

>And mass killing of soldiers is more likely to enflame and harden opinion against the colonies then lead to leniency. All this would be fine if the show showed this as being somewhat questionable, but instead Federation officers praise their courage.

The colonies declared the Gundams their enemies fairly early on which led to some leniency similar to what happened with CB as the Colonies and OZ combined to take down the Gundams.

Only certain high ranking officers with a weird romantic view of war and fighting regularly praise the Gundam pilots, Wing does admitably have a hyper romantic sense of combat and war

I bet you think shit like Zeta, 0083 and 08th Ms Team are good then. Because they are the real trash and Seed and 00 are objectively better.

Nope it's Giniro no Olynsis, a Gundam X rip off with Hiraiface

Opinion disregarded.

Seed and 00 are worse than 0083. How do you have worse romances than that fucking disaster of a love triangle?