AND SO... THE END IS NEAR

AND SO... THE END IS NEAR....

Attached: hqdefault (19).jpg (480x360, 10K)

AND SO I FACE

THE FINAL CURTAIN

Is this a shitty meme I don't understand?

Attached: 1514920894025.jpg (270x320, 18K)

It's from DB abridged. It's pretty kino tbhfam

first off its and NOW the end is near and second...

MY FRIEND... ILL SAY IT CLEAR

>dragon ball z reddit edition
yikes

Yes, imported from reddit.

Nope

I'LL STATE MY CASE, OF WHICH I'M CERTAIN

FIND OUT, NEXT TIME ON DRAGON BALL Z

this show became cringe when it stopped being a parody and become a redub

Shit like this wasn't funny or entertaining in the slightest.

This. Used to be a parody with some silly jokes, now its just a variant of the series where all the characters are constantly trying too hard to be witty.

TFS isn't funny, this bit least of all. Felt like nothing but stroking takahata's dick the whole time

How hard will TFS crash once the Buu saga is done? I mean Super's too much of a joke as is to do a parody of anyway.

Absolutely this. The abridged Namek saga got laughs out of me, but recent episodes don't even make me crack a smile.
Weekly Tube Show's parodies of the Cell saga were infinitely better than TFS.

Attached: 367409379842324.png (480x360, 162K)

>steal a great song from sinatra
>MUH KINO
Yea Forums should be gassed

Remember when they officially dubbed an anime movie and it was the worst thing ever.

So how long are we gonna wait for the Buu saga?

Dragon Ball Abridged is still a parody. Or are parodies not allowed to have serious moments nowadays?

Remember when they actually took creative liberties in their parodies? Like with Namekmania

It's not a parody if you replace the original shitty dialog with your own shitty dialog. The novelty wears off extremely fast with abridged shows. TFS used to be good but got really shitty after Namek. And at that point they were just retelling the entire story.

A parody is a satirical/ironic imitation of an already existing artpiece. It's goal is to show it's flaws by playing on them. A good parody is critical of it's source material but not overly critical. DBZA forgot to be critical of it's source material and became a less serious dub of the series.

Replacing dialogue is literally the thing abridged series do. If you don't think it's funny, fine. But why the fuck does that somehow disqualify it from being a parody?

>It's goal is to show it's flaws by playing on them.
It does that all the time though. Like the constant jokes made at the expense of the questionable decisions made by the characters, Goku's parenting, power levels as a concept, the "death is cheap" nature of the setting, and the fact that the entire plot pretty much relies upon Dr Gero being REALLY stupid.

It's nothing but a retell with shitty old jokes intermixed. To consider something a parody you would at least need to provide your own source material but at this point they are using straight up the original visuals and redubbing the audio. It's the fate of a lot of abridged series because they become stale after starting out great. If you want to consider it a parody that's fine but it's utter dogshit at being a prody

>but at this point they are using straight up the original visuals and redubbing the audio
The fact that you think this makes it hard to believe you actually watched any of the show.

It's fucking shit and you may kindly fuck off to reddit if you wanna laugh about yamcha being useless, chaotzu blowing himself up and goku being dumb. Jesus, it's always the same shit

What a convincing argument.

You just have shit taste

I mean, if you think so then I can't stop you.

have sex

The intro used to say "The following is a non profit fan based parody" but at some point, they dropped the non profit part and just said fan based parody.
That was the turning point. They realized they could turn it into a cash cow and the creativity went out the window.

Yeah I'll echo this. They still had some very good jokes throughout cell and I apreciate the effort they did on fixing some animations mistakes and whatnot.
But it really got to a point where it was just high effort fanfic type rewrite. Before Frieza they'd have more spontaneous jokes, were having much more fun with the series than trying to seriously rewrite it to their personal tastes and philosophies.

>They realized they could turn it into a cash cow and the creativity went out the window.
That's also what made the episode production stretch to several months for a 10 minute dub video.
Why finish it in a year if you can be lazy about it and keep the patreon shekels rolling for that much longer?

Try that shit again tho lil nigga

Attached: Cellx.jpg (429x453, 44K)

I read this in King Kai's voice

desu the broly movie was really funny

Why hasn't Cell come back from the dead to take over planets and shit out trillions of Cell Jr.s with the same potential to use broken Saiyan and Frieza genetics to become unstoppable godlike beings as him?

>than trying to seriously rewrite it to their personal tastes and philosophies.
Can you name a example of this?

Haven't watched it in ages, but stuff with Android 16, the general pro-gay and pro-feminist ideas they sprinkle throughout.
Some of it is more apparent on their lps and editing tutorial videos where it gets autistically emotional with virtue signalling

I can name exactly two examples of pro gay and pro feminist ideas popping up in the show. Both of which don't feel out of place in Dragon Ball, nor go any further than "Being a woman and being gay is not bad."

So the only thing TFS has going for it these days is a really good Vegeta and a decent Piccolo. How the fuck are they going to survive after the Buu saga ends and they run out of movies?

Was it really that bad? TFS has decent VA work don't they? Unless they were given shit direction or something I can't imagine it being awful.

After watching some clips I remember it being worse. It sounds a bit better than the average Funi dub. Still not very good though. But I hate dubs, so it may be great for someone who's alright with dubs.

Every episode is hilarious though.

>How the fuck are they going to survive after the Buu saga ends and they run out of movies?
It's called "Dragon Ball Super"