Scanlation Thread

How's that project coming along?

Attached: 1541737758901.png (2000x1967, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mangadex.org/title/26461/ijousha-no-ai
lhscan.net/manga-ijousha-no-ai-raw.html
a.cockfile.com/vQew6E_archive.7z
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My booklive ripper is turning out so ugly I want to punch myself.

Attached: 1534663076158.jpg (976x550, 413K)

how do i find a translator?

>How's that project coming along?
waiting_for_editor-san.jpg

Learn moon, then you'll find one inside your heart.

If you want a below average one, there's one right here.
Although I'd only do manga I'm interested in anyway

Places to find raw volumes apart from nyaa?

sup, tell me what you're interested in working on and I'll tell you if it's something I'd like to work with you on.

Everything sped up after I got rid of the proofreader.

Proofreading should be the fastest one, what the fuck?

Should it? So far the proofreaders I've worked with kept delaying shit.

What are they even doing?

I fear for the quality of your TLs.

If any kind soul is willing to typeset something, I'm after dumping a translation over here

Complaining about being real life.

Proofreading requires the least skill out of all the roles, so I guess it would make sense they would be the least dedicated.

It's easy for me when the TL pulls his weight. We can argue about nuance. Otherwise, it can get bad.

i want to snipe ijousha no ai from the guy who seems to have dropped it. his facebook which he uses as his general scanlation site has gone dead.
mangadex.org/title/26461/ijousha-no-ai

if you just post translations of the raws on here i'd gladly edit, clean, and typeset for you.
lhscan.net/manga-ijousha-no-ai-raw.html

Attached: hostage.jpg (456x819, 70K)

Can someone provide link to good quality slam dunk volume raw? Nyaa one is pretty bad to work on.

I've translated 4 chapters but the rest of my team are too lazy to edit and typeset, apparently
Oh well.

Also, I translated some Fanbox manga which the author usually posts 1 week after on twitter, and he hasn't done so despite being two weeks. It's by far my most popular series and I can't release it either, it's frustrating.

Yes I'm mad

If your TL produces something that doesn't even resemble English I can see how it would take long, but I don't think that's the case very often.

I really should start a translation project; I haven't been very motivated in my moonrune study lately, so something practical to work on could be just the thing to keep me focused.

My work will probably be shit, but at least I can feel good about doing something productive.

find an interesting series and dump its raws as untranslated story times.

you have no idea how much the editor would pull his weight faking an entire script to cover for the TL

I did that with doujins for a bit, but I gave up because typesetting is boring.

>tfw no scanlating for soten koro

will you be the one, user?

Attached: punishedcaocao.png (757x481, 607K)

Maybe I should take over.

Attached: 1536932305892.jpg (94x123, 7K)

Easy snipe, they'll probably thank you for it.

I doubt that, friend. I'm probably just going to be practicing on wank doujin for a while.

Been practicing my typesetting slowly. One day I hope to be able to contribute.

This but with my japanese.

The fuck is this manga lol. Why do you even want to read this? Also have you sent the guy a message at least or something, or did you just assume he dropped it?
That's always the case, doing it all yourself is unironically faster.
This, but with my dick

Anyone interested in working on this?

First chapter:
a.cockfile.com/vQew6E_archive.7z

Attached: 七つの魔剣が支配する_0004-0005.jpg (2230x1600, 2.9M)

holy crap this looks pretty nice, though the premise is as generic as it gets, how many chapters in is it?

>3 volumes
>glorious autistic nipponjin with sword folded over 1000 times is the strongest
nvmd dropped

The manga, only one chapter.

ooh so it's ln adaptation. now it makes sense why it said it continues in august issue and the dates on wiki didn't match lol. also what do you even need help with in the first place?

>That's always the case, doing it all yourself is unironically faster.
That's true but I don't care enough about the series for that.

It's not dropped. The guy who cleans the raws has not done it yet. I'm the TS

I can do everything but the translation.

"""""cleaning"""""" doesn't even take 30 minutes you mong.

Depending on the manga it's the longest part.

Someone offered to translate and then apparently forgot to do it, so now I'm just sitting on a half-cleaned file because I have no idea whether they were memeing me all along.

Attached: akarin.jpg (255x256, 11K)

only for physical manga.

well drop your contact info or something, if u cant find somebody to do it, then i probably could maybe

Do you think that it would piss anyone off if someone started posting scanlations in, say, Guarani, on Yea Forums before an English one is out?

>Guarani
Is that a name of a fish?

Just do it in Esperanto then. Everyone ought to know it.

Yes because it would bring even more SEA monkeys in here

It's an indigenous language that almost everyone in Paraguay speaks (along with Spanish). I'm not from there, it's just a hypothetical example of a small language that only native speakers would bother with.

You'd be surprised. I've worked with several translators who can explain the Japanese very well and communicate with me in very natural English, but struggle with organizing dialogue in a concise and easily understood way pretty regularly. Sure there are simple series where all I really do is point out small mistakes, but there are others where the script editing can take as long as the redrawing does. And it's easier for this to cause delays since it often needs to go back and forth with the TL to really grasp and express the nuance effectively.

Basically, it's the PR's job to make up for whatever the TL lacks, so how much work they have to do varies widely.

[email protected]
If nobody else does it or whatever. It's fairly new so chances are someone is already working on it, maybe.

Obligatory "snipe".

Hook the desktop reader to get clean epubs, it's easier if you know some basic assembly.

13dl, manga-zone, shobonnexus
PD and Share for old stuff that might be missing from these sites although these networks are kinda dead.

Nekojiru user ganbare!
Guy that said he's going to typeset, if you don't do it by this time next week, I will.

Confession, I have translated+typeset couple of doujins and a lorebook without having any knowledge of how to read Japanese. All done by OCR and text to speech.

How do people even have trouble with typesetting? It's the easiest "job" in scanlation

Would it be possible to teach an idiot how to do that? Not him.

Fuck, how do I get better at translating chuuni attack names and fictional country names?

Well I took my first step; I moved all the text in a doujin to a text file. Feels like that took me way longer than it should have; now I have to go to bed before I can actually start translating.

I guess that's how it be.

I'm an expert at japanese and I am good at typesetting. I have bought and reads hundreds but most likely thousands of series that have not been scanlated to this day. I also work as a manager which means I sit around on my ass at work and do nothing, I could translate or typeset from there, however, I have not and will not scanlate a manga ever because none if you deserve it.

It was in the last scanlation thread or something? Just read through the memory and search for zip headers.

Yeah, I was having trouble with the seaching part.

Attached: [qcc] Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei - 09 (BD 720p h264 AAC) [C4F54CBF].mkv_snapshot_03.50_[2017.11.21 (1280x720, 142K)

I think it's 504b0304 in hex. Once you find that select it and a huge chunk afterward.
I've never done this but I'd imagine this is how you would proceed.

Go to the memory tab in x64dbg (Alt+M), right click on anything, Find Pattern (or Ctrl+B), check Entire Block, paste the hex values in the Hex field. You should see results in References tab, right click on a result, Follow in Dump. You should be in the CPU tab, it's in the lower left area. Just mark all the bytes starting from the result until the end, right click, Binary, Save to file, any name with .zip extension. One of the results should work, just make sure you opened the viewer.

Is "hnngh" considered to much of a meme word these days to work as a legitimate tranlation?
Because dammit, it's the only one I can think of for "sawakyun".

Attached: 25.png (1899x2720, 2.11M)

I consider cleaning to be part of it. Everything that isn't translating or proofreading. I'm really bad at cleaning pages.

It worked! Thanks a bunch user(s). I doubt anyone cares about Punch Line Max (it probably wouldn't have gone over three years without even any raws by now if that were the case) but I can post the first volume if someone is interested. Will probably bust out the google translate for it eventually.

Attached: i-011.jpg (1443x2048, 806K)

It is but that doesn't mean you shouldn't use it

Unless you deal with shitty manual scans cleaning is incredibly easy though. Redrawing can be hell

I cleaning non-digital rips sucks. Redrawing is more-so just time consuming, assuming you want a decent job. But I'm shit at all of this so I can't really speak too much.

Hardly surprising desu

>translated another messed-up doujin on a total whim
I didn't even want to do that today, why do I do this to myself

Attached: shotacat.me_0010.jpg (1578x2285, 1.74M)

Actually fuck it, I wasn't too familiar with the word and assumed it was synonymous wiht munekyun, but it's not. I should make sure what words mean BEFORE I ask for input.

I'll keep that in mind if munekyun or similar words pop up, though.

Attached: 25.png (1899x2720, 2.12M)

>blurry upscaled shit

i want to suck my own dick but im too old, not flexible enough and have back pain...

This isn't related to anything I'm working on, but I really hate translating this kind of childish language (top panel), obviously I can understand it, but I find it hard to express it in English.

Attached: D8S2r7NUEAEPUyB.jpg:large.jpg (818x1024, 174K)

Why are Kirarashit scanlations so painfully slow?

Change ls to ws.

>chuuni attack names
become chuuni
>fictional country names
diphthongs

If you like this author, do his other series that's in Weekly Shounen Magazine instead of that awful series

Have fun with the background text!

Thank you, user! I'm working on Dango right now. I'll make a new thread when I'm done. It's great to hear that you would be willing to typeset! Maybe someone will even scan udon 3 if more people notice that it's being translated now...

Based. Someone started working o it last thread, if he doesn't finish by next weak I'll use my inferior skills to make ti available for more people to read.

sent u an email

Question: do you need to be artistic in order to redraw/clean scans? I was hoping to learn how and help some groups out.

It definitely helps for redrawing, including having a tablet. You can start with a series that doesn't need much redrawn and over time work your way up. In my experience you'll be spending more time copying tones and patterns than redrawing line art, but that might just be because of the kinds of manga I chose.

I use a mouse to redraw, but you need a decent understanding of how to use the tools to get the same effects as a tablet.

The pen tool is important to learn how to draw lines with
Stamping patterns are annoying and you need to be precise or else it looks like the patterns are on top of one another.
But the answer is no, I don't even have 100 hours in drawing actual art.

Answered.