Has been following this medium for years

>has been following this medium for years
>invested thousands of hours of his life, possibly more
>possibly spent hundreds of dollars too
Yet, what's your excuse for not learning Japanese, average Yea Forumsnon?

Attached: 1446000951052.jpg (2000x2256, 389K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ankiweb.net/shared/info/909972618
alzheimersresearchuk.org/speaking-second-language-shows-benefits-alzheimers/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Its hard

I'm starting work in Tokyo in August and I'm barely at a conversational level - although it's quite an internationalised city (comparatively speaking) so hopefully I won't be too screwed

Attached: 1451446117816.jpg (500x375, 23K)

I don't care about Japan or japanese except for free entertainment.

Is learning Japanese as easy as staring at a screen?

Attached: 1554573135445.png (733x1301, 112K)

I don't live in Japan or have any nip friends so keep forgetting stupid shit.

Anything that is worthwhile will be translated. Only obscure terrible works are mostly left untranslated. Besides learning Japanese should be for it's own sake not because you want to read manga or watch anime. You will be disappointed

Learning Chinese is more beneficial in the real world, no one needs someone who knows Japanese. It's unlikely that you'll ever interact with a Japanese person outside of Japan. Meanwhile you'll probably deal with a lot of Chinese if you have a real job.

Working on it. Kanji and grammar is hard

>why has this person invested more time into doing something that requires little more effort than reading, watching images and listening to audio, than in something that requires months to years of continuous, difficult and probably tedious study?
Huh, that's a brain teaser if I ever thought of it.

Attached: InnocentChild.jpg (1920x1080, 236K)

How about spend your time on something productive so you can afford to go to Japan?

this

I decided to take some japanese classes at the beginning of the year because i didn't feel like studying by myself and holy shit the level of autism that the people there had, like what the FUCK,
There was even a girl which usually went with what im 90% sure was a fucking cosplay of a Japanese school uniform, i could easily find myself cringing all the time in class because some of them thought they were funny and liked to joke outloud or use catch-phrases.

the last straw was when last week, we had a test and when the 'sensei' returned them and some weeb saw that he had passed he fucking literally JUMPED and said outloud "YATTAAA", i wish this was a fucking joke.

Im done with this shit, im switching to study GERMAN because they are based, fuck low-self aware weebs.

Fuck off back to also see

>reading, watching images and listening to audio
But that's how you learn Japanese.

Whatever language you learn, don't learn Mandarin. If you do, your company will automatically assign you to deal with Chinks, and your life will become living hell, as their way of doing business consists of nothing but backstabbing, caveat emptor, and a complete disregard of intellectual property rights.

>classes
You were never going to make it anyway.

I’m working on it okay it takes time leave me alone

internet studying is a big meme

I really hope you're not an American that actually pays to go to school.

jesus no, i plan to take up aniki again, i realized i don't even know why the fuck was i studying jap in the first place all the things i care for are translated or will be translated, maybe japanese mobage would be usefull, i hope there are some cards about that shit

It’s not fun

>take up aniki again
too soon

Attached: 1445714555053.png (468x345, 226K)

kek

worked for me

What kind of work? ALT, if so what company

Yeah, JET.

Good shit, I did it 3 years back.
You'll have a great time.

I've invested maybe $100 dollars in 8 years.
Also, japanese is a disgusting bug-language that's offensive to the fucking ears. Try listening to that nonsensical moonspeak then pretend you're cultured for feigning understanding of lower-tier languages.Do what you want but know you're a worthless weeb for wanting to listen to nip-babble over your own language.
Fucking Yea Forums dorks, you all deserve a wedgie.

Attached: DORKS.jpg (1175x900, 124K)

also chinese food is 10 times superior to bootleg japanese one

What website is that? I'd like to know how many I know just by using anki

Because I went to Tokyo and used only what I knew from anime. They thought I was fluent and were surprised when I didn't understand/know what to say at certain things because my accent was perfect.

I would pay someone NOT to learn or talk with chinks.

It's an addon for anki.

ankiweb.net/shared/info/909972618

What is JET and ALT? I'm out of a job and have no clear direction of what I'm doing. I would want to work in glorious Nippon one day

If you enjoyed it enough you'd be glad to know everybody with a low power-level filters out by the second year.

Why should I even learn Japanese? It's a worthless language now.

Do you have a university degree?

Japanese english teacher i think, the other anime larping teacher or something

Neat, thanks.

>But that's how you learn Japanese.
Really? Wow, I don't know why people bother with Anki, Tae-kim or any of that stuff when all you need to do is watch anime (subbed) and read manga (translated).

I did 10 years ago and I am glad that I did.
The amount of untranslated stuff are enormous
Not to mention you get to
>read raw and spoilers ahead of anyone
>play untranslated vidya
>browse 5ch and futaba
>spot translation mistakes

EOP like are merely fooling themselves and they will never know how much they missed out.

JET is an exchange program for bringing in native English speakers to Japan to help teaching English. The main job that they provide is one that requires absolutely no Japanese knowledge.

If you are proficient in Japanese, there are other things that the JET program will let you do that aren't being some Jap teacher's English monkey such as being a cultural coordinator for international events.

>5ch and futaba
You are literally proving his point, the only reason to why i would learn a bit of japanese would be for mobage.

>learned a new language because of cartoons
Retard

Not that guy but once you pass intermediate level watching anime and reading manga raw is top tier learning material.

I will learn it when they drop kanji and realize you can actually put spaces between words.

If you're an EOP learning any second language has health benefits. If you're a weeb, that language might as well be Japanese because you're going to use it more than any other language you would learn if you live in an English speaking country.

Stop spamming this and stay on

>spent countless hours on an anonymous forum discussing Chinese cartoon
>don't have time to pick up a new language
Retard

>spaces between words.
no fucking shit even japs stutter on this shit

Forgot my link
alzheimersresearchuk.org/speaking-second-language-shows-benefits-alzheimers/

I never posted this before, user. Calm down.

I don't understand this mentality at all. What's wrong with learning a new language for entertainment purposes? Have you been subjected to some sort of American corporate brainwashing telling you that everything you do must be to make you earn more money? What a load of bull, it's my life and I want to enjoy things I'm interested in.

>cartoons motivated him to better himself and learn new things instead of being a lazy shit who does the bare minimum like most people

Attached: 64663839-490F-4C02-88BA-D12635424ECF.png (640x1136, 102K)

Attached: E78E3E9B-31B6-4687-B54A-2F465C0B8AAA.png (640x1136, 99K)

It's still cringe as fuck. Spending hours learning a hard as fuck language in order to watch obscure cartoons that nobody cared to translate is retarded however you look at it.

Why are you lying? You make this offtopic thread with this whore on the OP every single day. Fuck off back to your board.

>800 buried and suspended
what

Attached: 1542063671753.jpg (299x339, 53K)

I suspended the whole deck at the beginning and unsuspend new cards each day.