Would you approve of HBO adapting Attack on Titan? I would...

Would you approve of HBO adapting Attack on Titan? I would, given Boyega wants to adapt it and has said he wants to make it as multicultural as possibly ( I doubt he read it considering race is a major factor early on and why they're not mixed race etc and really drives so much of the story after we see life in Marley ).

Also a clip of Bertolts death scene that happened last week.

youtube.com/watch?v=LtoDqqajakI

Attached: aot.jpg (1280x704, 118K)

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/attack-on-titan-live-action-film-release-production-it-director-andy-muschietti-a8608336.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

imagine still caring about shitgeki

>would I appove the company that destroyed the lore of GoT to adapt the kino story of SNK?
I think the anwser is more than obvious

Haha Eren is only slightly larger than a dwarf
Fucking Nips

To be fair their fuck up was the contract they had with D&D. They were the guys who really fucked it in the end.

Shounen garbage.

A live action genderswapped LOGH is more likely.

Attached: 1544939545217.jpg (968x768, 288K)

>has said he wants to make it as multicultural as possibly
dropped

this
no wants to see niggers chasing titans as if they were made of watermelon and welfare checks

That was what that nigger from star wars wanted. It was actually claimed by harry potter and the creator of the new 'It' movies will be directing it.

Is Game of Thrones actually good?

>multicultural
>20 foot giga-niggas that go around eating white people

>John "Franchise Killer" Boyega wants to adapt it
No thanks

I dunno, on one hand, AoT has gone to shit so HBO probably can’t fuck it up any more, on the other hand, I don’t want to see anime sullied by a dirty 3D American adaptation.

either way, if it's a western adaption it'll be race changes from hell and other stupid plots

It was until they ran out of source material. Then it got really bad really fast.

SNK has such a trash story that D&D could even accidentally end up improving it.

>west
>adapting anime
Alita is the only decent one in decades of trying. Just leave it alone.

an AoT adapation would be good if they were actually white people

Attack on titan only works because it's on this medium, there just wouldn't be enough creative appeal with live-action Titans.
I honestly can't think of many anime/manga that would work as a TV show, maybe Monster but I still don't see an actor capturing the mesmerizing feeling around Johan's character.
Berserk (Golden age) is the only manga I think would suit an adaptation, and I'm not even sure about it

AoT went shit?
How, are you a anime only?

>there just wouldn't be enough creative appeal with live-action Titans.
Titans and 3D maneuver gear being animated with decent CGI would look far better than anime, that would require a movie budget though

Plus there is no way a tv show can recreate the acrobatics and wire work they do to kill Titans

>Berserk
I can't take a white haired trap actor as the antagonist seriously if it's on a TV show, and the eclipse just wouldn't work.
I think Blame! would make a great movie
They really wouldn't
Titans tend to have very ridiculous expressions and postures that would be hard to apply with CGI, it'll just be a soulless adaptation with every titan moving and looking the same aside from height differences, and this too

>Titans tend to have very ridiculous expressions and postures that would be hard to apply with CGI
are you fucking kidding
titans just look like grotesque humans
that's very easy to do with CGI

>titans just look like grotesque humans
That's not all there is to titans, think of abnormal titans for example, it'll be extremely hard to capture those cartoonish movements using CGI

Blame! has to have atmosphere and crazy designs everywhere. They are going to cgi almost everything anyway, so why not make animation instead. I mean, Polygon's Blame is probably the closest to live action it'll ever get

cartoonish movements is what CGI is best at

3DMG is even less suited to live action than anything from Dragon Ball.

Any theatrical adaption would inevitably be a "loose" adaption that ignores the later events of the manga, only keeping the MC's name, titans and 3-d maneuver gear. Just look at the shitty Nip movie

Modern Hollywood can't even make a decent script, so its going to be a dumpster fire even worse than japanese live action Titans.

>HBO adapting Attack on Titan
WB is already planning on adapting it though
independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/attack-on-titan-live-action-film-release-production-it-director-andy-muschietti-a8608336.html

>Ever trusting hollywood with live action adaptations
That sure worked well for Ghost in the shell

So a Terra Formars tv series?

Not just race, but it's a major factor of the story that this one race was so isolated that they didn't know what boats were, it was a twist that other cultures existed.

>Hollywood making a decent adaptation
Literally impossible. James Cameron did it right cause he stayed true to the source, but even Atila had issues. Shingeki No Kyojin is one of those shows that wouldn't work, and with hollywoods virtue signalling it would just be weird.

>Let's take a show where Mikasa being from another race was a major plot point
>And make it multicultural
What could go wrong, asked themselves the creators of DB:E, Deathflix, Dinozilla and GitS.

>I honestly can't think of many anime/manga that would work as a TV show
Boku no Pico

Would Mikasa be asian in the middle of a white cast?

>183cm is slightly larger than a dwarf

Samurai mangas work. Crime thrillers like Kaiji work. Romance manga like Liar's game, or Shichihenge. Simple comedy like Cromartie.

But once you get to most shows that live through artists and the author's ideas, live action is just not possible.

She would be black. Because that would differentiate her the most. And the anime will be about a super powered black dynasty that protects the life of everyone else. Maybe the protag is going to be asian and turn into king kong.

Pretty sure that AoT already had couple of blacks as background characters.

As long as they give it to David Benioff and D.B Weiss to write and direct with minimal co-operation from anyone Japanese

>She would be black
Played by Boyega.

Attached: DaGrI-4U8AAWC6D.jpg (298x362, 47K)

I'd like Zack Snyder to do the live action adaptation, personally.

>b-b-buh thas raycist! all th e gloriosu BLACKS are disgustingly disformed while the WHITE UNTERMENSCH look like people!! t. kotaku

> unironic westernshit threads on Yea Forums
HOW DOES /a? DO IT?

Sigh. Every monday, this normalfag-nigger is always shitting up Yea Forums with game of meme shilling. Fucking fuck you and kys.

season 1-3 is actually good
season 4-5 is meh
season 6 is kinda ok
they took a massive nosedive in season 7-8

Death Note works perfectly as a crime/detective drama but of course you can't trust netflix with anything

AoT fandom is just faggots sucking each other’s dicks, ejaculating on each other while moaning about how deep their anime is.

The 3D gear would look fucking ridiculous in live action

Weird words to describe HxH fandom

SnK has shit writing that doesn't adapt well to a television series.

>AoT Popularity dies off
>Yea Forums can freely talk about the show and how good the story is
>AoT Popularity second coming arrives
>Normies get into the threads to shit

Is kinda ironic

Death Note, in theory, could work just fine as live-action, there's really no supernatural element that's hard to show in 3D, except Ryuk who would probably have to be CGI.

It wouldn't.
>a movie budget
Funny you should say that

Attached: snk live action.jpg (750x400, 441K)

>Shit writting
Ho boy. Are you a anime only?

I didn't watch it, but apparently they had the equivalent of a shit anime equivalent ending.

Attached: 1549341044367.gif (1200x550, 459K)

The final 2 seasons are so irredeemably awful that it makes me regret watching the first 6 and getting invested in the story. Don't waste your time on it.

*anime-only ending

*AHEM*

no

>Yea Forums can freely talk about the show and how good the story is
kek
Yea Forums did nothing but talking about ships most of the time

So, why you call SnK shit if you are a manga reader? You got filtered by the big reveal , bored by marley-best arc or just angry because mikasa got cucked?

The worst things about SnK (the slow pacing, the exaggerated dialogue/emotions) would be so much worse in a live action series. The battles with the titans would look atrocious too. HBO is famous for big-budget shows, but even with GoT, the most expensive tv show of all time, they were actively cutting corners left and right and it got noticeably bad by the end. There's not a chance in hell they could make any of the action sequences work.

The Annie and Historia spamming was fucking unbearable

The first 4 seasons are kino. 7 and 8 are shit because the showrunners rushed the fuck of everything to get free for SW.