I'm disappointed at the dub version of JJBA DiU

I can't believe they censored the "I got a boner line" for Kira, it's my favorite line to be memed at

Attached: Yoshikage kira.jpg (187x270, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TkWXu1n6g64
youtube.com/watch?v=wJc-r5q18CY
m.youtube.com/watch?v=mvtC2aj7vIQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You're mad at adult swim, not the dub.
Why did adult swim of all people censor boner?
AS used to be nothing but dickjokes.

i know right

Kira's VA said the line wasn't boner
it was "rock hard cock"

but still

The expected bleep actually made it even funnier for me.

*unexpected

Respect Toshiyuki Morikawa
youtube.com/watch?v=TkWXu1n6g64
youtube.com/watch?v=wJc-r5q18CY

Attached: 15469976581.jpg (225x350, 28K)

You got what you deserve, dubfag

most dubfags already watched the sub a year ago. quit hating.

"Rock hard *bleep*" on Toonami.

I think it is good.

>watch shit
>its shit
sasuga dubfags

it isn't though

JoJo makes more sense being in English because most of it takes place in Europe and America.

Attached: listen here.jpg (900x900, 128K)

The funniest part was where it literally said "rock hard *bleep*" on the closed captions.

jesus christ

>England
>Switzerland/Italy
>Japan/Asia/Egypt
>Japan
>Italy
>Yeehaw England
>Japan

Only parts 1 and 7 make sense in English. Nobody speaks English in any of the other places

Nobody that's ever been to Florida would disagree with me

Same.

jojo.is a nono gogo

The dub completely butchers a lot of the most iconic lines and phrases of the series. JoJo is simply one of those things that makes no fucking sense to watch dubbed. Hell, even if we're going solely by the geographic location argument, Part 5 should be watched in Italian, and of course no American would watch it dubbed to that language.

The fact that Yea Forums is now pro-dubs is beyond me. They were widely shitted on not too long ago.

The only reason those are iconic is because they are engrish quotes. what do you want the english voice actors to do? replicate a japanese engrish voice for those specific lines? come on.
JoJo is more than memes.

Normally I'm pro-dub, but so much of JoJo's identity is tied to it being in Japanese that subbed is just the definitive version. That's how you have to watch JoJo the first time. The dub is lots of fun too though. You get translations like
>Caesarino
>Good freakin' grief
and some of part 4's voice acting is legit great. I really think Kira's calm upperclass-sounding voice gives him a lot of personality you don't get with the subbed version.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=mvtC2aj7vIQ

It has nothing to do with them being means, they're just part of what gives JoJo so much personality.

And no, there's nothing the English VAs can do, and that's why JoJo is so much better in Japanese.
You're right, user. Kira's voice doesn't actually sound bad at all in English, though I still do prefer the Japanese one.

>implying Joseph "Asalam Alaikum" Joestar is multilingual

Mods are still anti-dubs though so that cancels it out.

>saying boner is too much
>but the SAO villain turning a character into her fuck boy is fine

IM GONNA SAY IT

THE ANIME IS SO SLOW I CAN READ 2 VOLUMES IN THE SAME TIME THAT IT TAKES TO WATCH 2 EPISODES

Attached: 1558856670460.png (800x600, 70K)

part 5 and on i should say

>The fact that Yea Forums is now pro-dubs is beyond me. They were widely shitted on not too long ago.

That's the problem with newfags, they don't lurk anymore, they simply assume every site has the same tastes as reddit. Watching Jojo dubbed is egregiously stupid even if Kira is voiced by Wesker or Joseph is voiced by Numbah 1. The character names/stand names have to be censored and changed in order to avoid copyright problems, the battle chants simply don't translate to English, and the voice acting quality fluctuates wildly from character to character.

You are purposely consuming a worse version of media in every metric simply because you cannot read words and watch pictures simultaneously, it's why dubfags are mocked universally and should always be mocked on Yea Forums.

Kira is voiced by Delta and Joseph is voiced by Numbah 1, that's all the reason I need.

>it's fine to have a name said in Japanese
>but not to have the same name said in English
>or even written in English
Murican copyright law is fucking stupid, luckily except for Jolyne's all Stand names frow now on are meme translations and not unironically shit

This guy is really mediocre compared to Dio. They couldn't decide whether he supposed to be a scary serial killer or a joke villain.

alright

>Caring about dub
Come on faggot OP.

>dub
Kill yourself.

And that's the reason why you should only watch dubs ironically.

I liked him though. Why would you want Dio2? It would be lazy rehashing.

polnareff dies in part 5
jotaro dies in part 6

This is what you get for watching dub

I read the manga first, ha you lost

>implying he didn't mean it for the other 26 IPs in this thread

Wow so cool and manly I think I'm swooning. Here's another spoiler:You die alone and full of regrets.

that's not a spoiler, since you don't know the slightest about me, or my future. For that matter aanyone's future, including yours. But I know very well that Polnareff dies in part 5 and Jotaro dies in part 6 because they were both in the manga, and based on the previous adaptations. David Pro. won't deviate from these deaths when adapting part 6, so I win and you lose. ;)

But polnareff doesnt even really die

shhhh. they dont need to know

If you were in charge of a Jojo live action adaptation, which part would you choose? What would the setting be? What changes would you make to characters/subplots?

Attached: 2ngswrczzi231.png (422x449, 368K)

>Respect
>Zero fucking range

>what do you want the english voice actors to do? replicate a japanese engrish voice for those specific lines?
To be fair, they did exactly that with Act Three's "Let's kill da hoe! BITCH!!!" line.

phantom blood is the only part that could work in live action honestly

Honesly only part 1 or 2 could work.
The concept of stands is a bit too complicated to work on LA not to mention it'd suck due to shitty cgi.

is p5 dub immediately after p4 or

How would it turn out if BBC handled it?

this. Dubs are for retards that can't focus on two different sights at once

>Deadly Queen

Attached: 1539706528963.jpg (500x334, 21K)

>only liking Jojo for the memes
>implying the sudden censor didn't make the line funnier

The funny thing about the bleep is that this immediately followed a SAO episode where Yugioh fucked some purple-haired bitch on a bed while she told him to cum inside of her.

>SHIBABABABABABABABABABABABABABABABABABABABABABABABABABA
Wtf kind of stand cry is that, man?

He has severe autism

Do you think that Kira unironically has autism or aspergers?

Kira probably has OCD and schizophrenia.

That's why I never finished part 3's adaptation, pacing was too slow for my taste

Part 4 is much better paced.

The amount of newfags and redditors coming in is what is killing this site. God how I fucking miss community moderated Yea Forums.

Don't give a shit about dubs but it's pretty funny that Kira is voiced by Wesker while Jotaro is by Leon.

It was better because it was funny as hell and the dub is probably the best one on Toonami. Too bad I don't give a fuck about part 5 though.

They can say rape but cock is too much apparently.

Who said rape in the dub?

Kirito when he was talking to Alice.