This is so retarded but yet amazing

This is so retarded but yet amazing..

Attached: code geass.jpg (1400x949, 595K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6YUAxafnYP8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

JIBUN WOO

Yea if only that second season was better.

WHY ARE YOU BUYING CLOTHES AT THE SOUP STORE

God, if I can just get one more episode I'd be set.

FOR INSTANCE

No.

It is literally just a roller-coaster ride. I used to think it was super deep in high school, but now I appreciate it for the nonsensical ass-pull show that it is. The writing is full of conveniences and holes, but god damn if it isn't fun as hell.

Explain further about these conveniences and holes you're talking about.

SEKAI SAE MO

>Lelouch knows how to pilot a Knightmare in the first episode when he shouldn't be able to (don't bring up the stage-play prequel or the knightmare they use at school, those are retcons)
>Suzaku knows how to pilot the Lancelot, an experimental knightmare nobody even knows about, even though it's explicitly stated several times that 11's aren't allowed to learn how to pilot
>That part where Lelouch is caught in Cornelias trap where she's making her men get out of their Knightmares so she can I.D. them, only for C.C. to show up in the Zero disguise (in the ghetto, from the school, she has no transportation btw) right when Lelouch about to get caught. Cornelias men just forget about Lelouch as soon as they see Zero.
>That part where Lelouch off-handedly says he could make Euphemia kill all the japs, only for his geass to upgrade RIGHT THEN AND THERE
>Jeremiah Gottwald just happened to appear when from right under Lelouch when he had Cornelia dead-to-rights, also he just happens to have a super space ship that makes Lelouch back off
>Viletta Nu's amnesia and everything about it

This is stuff I just remember off the top of my head.

Suzaku can pilot the Lancelot because it was tuned for him and he synchronizes with it exceptionally well

Lelouch was a fucking super genius, he’d probably either read books on piloting or was just able to figure it out on the fly.

It is imperative that Yea Forums know that this bitch right here is officially and single-handedly responsible for ruining Lelouch

>New Lancelot & Guren chapter came out
>Cupid Day
>Ledo sees and records Lelouch using his Geass on her
>Ergo, Schneizel found out about Geass thanks to her
This right here is why I love Code Geass

Attached: Miya.png (1280x720, 569K)

Have you tried not being a speed watcher?

Literally who? Is she from the movies? I refuse to watch the movies.

No, it's just retarded. That said, would anally fuck pizzabutt.

>Not knowing NANI MAI HUNI

You're retarded
>oh I would fuck a fictional character WOW now give me those bonus internet points, pay attention to me!!

cringe and underage

Eh, if a car is made for you but you don’t know how to drive a car, does that still make sense for you to be on a fucking nascar leve on your first drivel? I’ll give you that one though, I forgot
This is just speculation though, he was like 10 when he left Britannia and almost certainly never got the chance to train in a real knightmare. And you can’t read a book on tanks and then just drive one into a battlefield.
I’ve seen the show like 4 times. Granted it’s been a while but the only thing I got wrong was the suzaku part (debatably)

It's been a while, but wasn't Lloyd looking for Suzaku precisely because he had remarkable results at tests in piloting?

Not any more retarded than any other anime.

Amuro can perfectly pilot the Gundam after reading the manual for five minutes. That's just something you have to accept in the genre.

ok sweetie

When will Code geass fanboys finally admit S2 sucks?

Yeah you described it perfectly.
The plot was a trainwreck but goddamn it was a glorious one, witnessed in slow motion 4K from multiple angles.
It was the definition of hype when it was airing.

Attached: 1282886321822.jpg (1600x1000, 666K)

It is still my favorite show.

Just rewatched and this fucking blew my mind, how did I miss this. They just happened to choose a wine from the city where I live. I mean, the wine there isn't even famous on a national level, and it's from a semi-relevant city in one of the most irrelevant countries in the world. And to top it, my grandparents were winemakers there, Kékfrankos was their most popular type. Lelouch is based as fuck and he's got good taste.

Attached: soproni.jpg (359x404, 48K)

I'm going to kick it.

>And you can’t read a book on tanks and then just drive one into a battlefield.
You can, actually.

Code geass is honestly the only case out there that really boggles my mind of a show so dumb yet it's taken so seriously by the average normalfag as some cradle of genius writing.

Code geass was always nonsensical trash, the second season just doubled down on it

Track machines are not that complicated to operate. You choose a gear and they move forward. You have two pedals to control braking, braking only the right track causes you to turn right and vice versa. Levers are used to control things like blades and hoes, which you can easily figure out the scheme of just by fucking around with them.

It's not a retcon that Lelouch can pilot a Knightmare. What is true is that Lelouch is not an exceptionally skilled pilot. Which is why he has a custom built Knightmare frame, that's specifically built for him, and its main specialty is defense.

>Lelouche is smart enough to pre-record a conversation with not only Mao but also Schneizel, yet it took him 40 episodes to realize that he could simply command people to be his slave and obey him whenever, bypassing the one-time limit
>Valetta gets amnesia by getting shot in the fucking stomach
>Lelouche’s motivations are told, not shown, as we never see his mother until the last few episodes, thus making it difficult for the viewer to understand Lelouche’s will
>the whole geass system is NEVER explained, how it originated, how the nun got her power, how V.V became immortal, etc.
>pretentious evangelion rip-off fantasy dreams by Charles, who simultaneously hates lying enough to destroy the world while also lying to all his subjects
>the Black Knights IMMEDIATELY turn on Zero just because they figure out he has geass, as if he hasn’t helped them so much and could help them in the future
>”kill all the Japanese”
>Jeremiah miraculously surviving with no explanation
>Gilferd miraculously surviving with no explanation
>Mao surviving due to “advanced medical science” after getting shot multiple times, while Euphemia, the fucking princess, dies from one shot

>Lulu, Kallen, Suzuku, and Nina happen to go to the same school, in the same club, and play huge roles in the war
>Mao deciding to go back into the rail car and grab a shotgun to kill Lelouche when he was already aiming at him with a pistol
>Marianne’s asspull of a geass power
>Kallen and Lelouche obviously contact each other in the hotel in season 2 ep 1, yet the OSI does nothing about it, though they know that Kallen was a black knight. This should have tipped them off that Lelouche was zero
>does Lelouche have a voice modifier or not? There are previous recordings of Zero, and Suzaku knows what Lelouche sounds like, so how did no one figure out that Lelouche was Zero the second time?

>its another Yea Forums pretends to hate code geass thread

Attached: 1540520682695.jpg (554x439, 38K)

It’s entertaining, but the writing is still embarrassing

It was incredibly ass-pulley and overrated.

it was meant to be entertaining and it succeeded
why would you watch anime for "good writing"

Because there are shows that are entertaining while also being immersive and consistent.

kek

That's so hilarious.
And you knowt the name of Suzaku's sidekick lol, didn't expect anyone to bother with this.
Actually, should I try to read (or now simply look through since mononoke doesn't translate anymore) this? I tried one or two chapters in the beginning, but they were boring.

>yet it took him 40 episodes to realize that he could simply command people to be his slave and obey him whenever, bypassing the one-time limit
This right here is why you should stop being a speed watcher

I've been following Lancelot & Guren since the start because I'm a huge Kallenfag
Helps that it was getting actual translations for a while, but the one posting them seems to have vanished and hasn't made any posts since the end of March.

>Jeremiah miraculously surviving with no explanation
The explaination is he a cyborg, not to mention the his ejects happen very clearly in the show, the real ass-pull behind was the twist when he was looking for lelouche after he got geass cancel, not kill him but join him because he's really loyal to Lelouche's mother.

>only for his geass to upgrade RIGHT THEN AND THERE
I was almost going to give a serious reply until this.
6/10 made me answer.
Next time try not to put the bait in capital letters, otherwise people will immediately notice it.

Attached: saytheline.jpg (395x650, 110K)

Attached: lmao codegeas stupid.png (1628x1060, 113K)

Not an argument

It's a beautiful train-wreck.

Attached: D8rbMcVUcAYZhok.jpg (1200x675, 188K)

Do you honestly think its not hot shit? Asking for a friend.

It was unironically anime of the decade and a masterpiece.

>C.C. is a summon
Makes sense, but I'm still sad.

>That part where Lelouch off-handedly says he could make Euphemia kill all the japs, only for his geass to upgrade RIGHT THEN AND THERE
That one always made sense to me. Lelouch did it subconsciously.

>the whole geass system is NEVER explained, how it originated, how the nun got her power, how V.V became immortal, etc.
Why does gravity exist?

You really hitting me with that nostalgia, my dude

>pretends

If the writers weren’t lazy they would have shown Lelouche trying to do this trick very early, just as Light Yagami tests the abilities and rules of the death note.
Again, lazy writing. Show us how it happened instead of making us guess because the likelihood of some of these events are so small that the lack of explanation is breaking immersion

No comment on the other plot holes?

>Lulu's cape hiding Suzaku's ass from view
why

>No comment on the other plot holes?
Nah those are genuine, i just wanted to fix one plot whole by giving you another more pressing one.

>If the writers weren’t lazy they would have shown Lelouche trying to do this trick very early
There are very obvious reasons why he wouldn't do it up until that point, try to pay attention next time speedwatcher.
Besides we already saw him testing out his Geass a few times, there's no need to show everything.
Same with Jeremiah, just because the writers wanted him to be still alive and they decided that showing the how would be a waste of time since you can easily guess a way does not make it bad writing.
Not the same user btw

Yes, it would have been very easy to write the first episode about Lulu’s childhood. Make us see the bond between him and Marianne. Show us Jeremiah as her bodyguard so that when he joins Lelouche later we can say “Oh yeah I remember him now”

>There are very obvious reasons why he wouldn't do it up until that point, try to pay attention next time speedwatcher.
Such as?

Gravity is a natural law of our universe. Is geass natural? Supernatural? Technology? Magic? It doesn’t have to be explained completely, but I want to know its background. I shouldn’t be left curious about such a major influence on the show.

honestly 16 might be the peak. It's such a perfect storm of bits that I can't imagine him topping it. It's one of my favorite videos on the internet period

Attached: youreablackalbino.png (613x675, 287K)

Admittedly I do not think this was planned from the beginning, but if you know anything about writing then you'd know that one does not simply plans out everything and not take opportunities for interesting situations in the middle and not rewrite everything from scratch because that would be retarded (or impossible if the episode already aired). That doesn't mean that you can do everything, but something like this not being foreshadowed is so fucking irrelevant.

it's honestly fun to watch. Few shows get to be so big while being equal parts incredibly ambitious and incredibly retarded

Lelouche believed in people. He didn't want to obtain his victories on the backs of slaves. He was aware he could do this as soon as he realized the command was absolute, but he refused to do it because Lelouche has fundamental principals.
He only started to do it once he had a death wish. He was suicidal after the black knight's betrayal, and didn't care about anything other than sealing his father away.

It's easily one of the greatest anime ever made. Let's not pretend that consistent plot or no asspulls = good.

>He didn't want to obtain his victories on the backs of slaves
Yet he uses the geass. And early on, he seems disappointed that he can only use it once. Never does the show acknowledge the possibility of him using geass to create slaves so that he can say “No, I won’t do that, it’s wrong.” He only ever has trouble using geass on his close friends and family. He literally uses geass to kill random people but he doesn’t want to make them do what he wants whenever he says so? This is obviously illogical, but the worst part is we, the viewers, are left to wonder if it’s the writers or Lelouche who is stupid. The show is horribly executed, period.

That's just not true though, he just dunked on the Zeeks since they didn't have any weapons that could penetrate the new armor on the Gundam.

Anyway, who cares if there are plotholes in CG? I mean, Lelouch's repeated winning strategy can be summed up as "make them fight on top of mount Fuji and then blow it up".

It’s hard to believe Lelouche is a genius when his enemies are all retarded

>who cares if there are plot holes
>implying shoes aren’t better without plot holes

so can anyone translate this month and last month chapters of L&G?
the person that used to translate the chapters have been MIA since the end of march

I want to fuck Kallen so hard it's not even funny, can't help but think of that victim girls doujin where Lulu goes on a date with kallen and kaguya and get jumped by a bunch of thugs, only to have both of the girls kidnapped and turned into sex slaves, occasionally sending Lulu videos of them being used and him jerking off constantly to them.

Overthetop doesnt mean retarded.

literally just finished watching this yesterday, someone read my blog of my thoughts
>s1>>>>s2
>CC boring as fuck
>Kallen best girl
>the episode where lelouch deletes shirley's memories was the best episode of the show
>euphy bit wasn't as bad as some people say
>chinese bullshit wasn't interesting

bumping a dead thread

>the episode where lelouch deletes shirley's memories was the best episode of the show
agreed.

reminded me so much of steins;gate

>euphy bit wasn't as bad as some people say
"Wouldn't it be funny if you just went and killed all the 11's?"

And it was.

FUCK YOU

You just knew that all those civilians were gonna be killed, but the writers executed it in such a retarded way. Just like any other time Lelouche is in trouble, really. The amount of plot conveniences is just staggering

That's nani mai hunni, you fucking retard.
youtube.com/watch?v=6YUAxafnYP8

I mean, I was able to drive a car at age 9 without anyone showing me how. It's really not difficult to say, oh this key turns on the ignition, this lever puts it into drive. I was also able to pickup piloting a plane pretty quickly. I really doubt knightmares are that difficult to pilot considering literal retards like tamaki are able to use them.

You just keep making yourself look more and more retarded.

Again, its not that Lelouch doesn't know he can enslave people, its that he made a conscious choice not to. Yeah, he was disappointed that it only worked on anyone once because that meant he'd only ever get one shot per person.

Moreover,
>If the writers weren’t lazy they would have shown Lelouche trying to do this trick very early, just as Light Yagami tests the abilities and rules of the death note.
This outs you as a speedwatcher because episode 5 established he fucking did do a bunch of tests already to see his limits, or did you completely miss the wall marking girl?

Stop speedwatching and actually apply a fraction of your minuscule attention span to something before you call stuff out as """plot holes"""

Yes there’s the wall marking girl, I know that one...but what else is there? What are the other tests?

ah the classic speed watcher-kun. been a while since one had revealed itself.

See, there you go, proving my point. He mentioned in the series that he tested the range, what can block it, and other stuff he could do with it.

If you weren't a speed watcher, you would know this.

He never tested if he could make someone his slave, though, did he? It’s such a useful ability. He could have used geass on himself infinite times in various ways.

The laws of gravity are explained, though.

Because he didn't want to, you retard
Why didn't he just use Geass to make Suzaku join him like he wanted?

Have sex

The point is that the show should effectively present this, then. He could have tested it on some random guy, then told C.C. about it, and at some point she could say,”Aren’t you gonna make that person your slave?” to which Lelouche can respond with his reason not to. All I’m saying is that there is a lack of important information (which is a plot hole), and it makes me wonder if Lelouche is dumb, or if the writers are dumb. You instantly assume what hasn’t been presented, which seems a bit biased, while I’m simply trying to comprehend the show.

Just admit you're a speedwatcher already.

I didn’t watch more than 4 episodes per watch except for the final 6 episodes. Just admit you’re a fanboy already

Lulu inherited Marianne's knack for piloting but not enough of it evidently.

You don't have to be a fanboy to have basic comprehension skills.
You've made clear this thread that you lack them.

Admit it, the show could have been executed better. You know it’s true. The first moment in the show sums up how lazy the writers are. Lelouche shows up to a chess match, then in the next frame he’s walking away, victorious, and we’re supposed to believe he’s a genius. Absolutely no effort put into SHOWING us the game and how he won. It’s boring superficial, and unconvincing

>and it makes me wonder if Lelouche is dumb, or if the writers are dumb
That's more like your problem not the shows. Most normal people don't think about this because it's so fucking irrelevant and easily guessable. You'd only have a point if he randomly did it and not just after the show established that everything goes now because of the Zero Requiem. Contradictions are bad, not plot holes in most cases.

Meh, you people must be new.

Anime has been full of "retarded" stuff since the beginning of its existence.

I hate this stupid chess meme. It's silly but effective, you'd be right about it being lazy if the show didn't have anything else going on but it establishes a lot in that episode, often almost simultaneously because of clever editing. This is good (effective) writing, having an elaborated script just for that one information wouldn't.

It's not super deep, I'd agree, but does have some merit at points, so your current self is also wrong. It's not nonsensical. Are there some parts you could call asspulls? Sure. But complaining about convenience when you're talking about anime, of all things, is a silly opinion to have.

I think that's your own bias talking. People take a lot of dumb shonen just as seriously if not more so. Not that Code Geass is genius either, but the dumbness you are pointing out is not somehow rare or unexpected.

Lelouch didn't want to command people to be his slaves until he had no moral inhibitions left. It's not a writing flaw unless you totally misunderstood the character.
"Valetta" likely hit her head right after being shot. We see she's surrounded by junk and stuff when Ohgi finds her, not in the same position she was before.
Contrary to your lying ass, there's a mix of both showing and telling when it comes to Lelouch's motivations. If you didn't understand his "will" within the first two to four episodes, then I have nothing to tell you.
False. We do get some information about the Geass system. Not all of it, admittedly, but why do you want to know everything? Stories don't need to fill every single scrap of background material. Did Star Wars need George Lucas to explain the Force and its link to midi-chlorians? No, not it did not.
Charles is clearly a hypocrite. Which is pointed out during the show.
Black Knights were already showing signs of suspicion and doubt towards Zero, who had also mistreated them for reasons you're not taking account.
"Kill all the Japan" is a fair criticism. It was foreshadowed, nonetheless.
Gilford's survival isn't impossible. He could have ejected and been captured by Schneizel due to his strange behavior. There, I solved it for your.
You don't know anything about real life bullet wounds. Plenty of people die from one shot, while others can and do manage to recover from multiple wounds. That's hard, but not out of the realm of reality.

>>Lulu, Kallen, Suzuku, and Nina happen to go to the same school, in the same club, and play huge roles in the war

Does this bother you that much? Because you're literally describing the vast majority of fiction made by man, anime or not.

>>Mao deciding to go back into the rail car and grab a shotgun to kill Lelouche when he was already aiming at him with a pistol
I don't know if you failed to notice, but Mao was not mentally stable or healthy.
>>Marianne’s asspull of a geass power
That's not an asspull. In fact, it's almost too blatant that she was inside Anya all along, upon rewatch.
>>Kallen and Lelouche obviously contact each other in the hotel in season 2 ep 1, yet the OSI does nothing about it, though they know that Kallen was a black knight.
Considering most people who were watching Lelouch at the hotel died during that same episode, this is a moot point.

>This should have tipped them off that Lelouche was zero
They were suspicious about it, those who survived or came later at least, but by then Lelouch was covering his tracks.

>>does Lelouche have a voice modifier or not? There are previous recordings of Zero, and Suzaku knows what Lelouche sounds like, so how did no one figure out that Lelouche was Zero the second time?

He does have a voice modifier. We can see a bit of it. Plus faking a voice isn't that hard with technology.

This is basically "why doesn't almost everyone realize that Clark Kent is Superman" tier of nitpicking to death.

It's also overly hated and criticized too much with both inaccurate, incomplete information as well poor recollections of events.

To be honest, all these manga spin-offs are basically another continuity altogether at this point. Code Geass never showed her doing that, at least not in the original series.

No, because it's addressed in various side materials and also reflects his personality being different from Light. Lelouch didn't want to be some authority figure or to conquer the world and have people kneel to him. When he finally does use that command, Lelouch is doing it entirely because of a suicidal plan, by which point all bets are off.

Jeremiah was shown ejecting and then we get glimpses of him before he finally gets to come back as a cyborg. Thus we know he's no longer entirely human. There's no need for another explanation. If it were up to you, the show would need to be 100 episodes long in order to explicitly show every single scene that wasn't spoon fed to the audience before.

There are prequel materials that show us Lelouch's life as a child.

In any case, I don't think we needed to see that bond. The bond that really matters is between him and Nunnally. His love for his mother is like that of any other person who loves their mother, it doesn't need a special depiction to convey the message.

We do see Jeremiah as a bodyguard later on too, so that was fixed, if you really think it's a problem.

Eh, that describes Jojo and bunch of other anime.

>Britannians take no precautions when transporting Suzaku to court, allowing Zero to roll up with a bomb threat and take Suzaku
>Valetta finds out Zero’s identity, gets amnesia
>Mao has a chance to kill Lelouche, goes retard mode
>Black Knights could lose steam after Euphemia create the special zone, so she kills all the Japanese
How convenient

I'd argue that's already implicit and present in subtext. Unlike Light Yagami, who cared for almost nobody and calls himself "god" right from the beginning, Lelouch is shown to care about multiple people and wants to make the world better for his sister's sake and he even makes Zero a non-ethnically restricted hero. Therefore, his personality and goal already sets him up rather differently in this respect.

Obviously, Geass in and of itself is a brainwashing tool, so there is a degree of irony there. However, Lelouch mostly uses it either to temporarily control someone, thus still leaving them plenty of free will afterwards, or to kill armed opponents from the military and other enemy organizations. It's false that Lelouch kills "random people" like you are claiming. Death is also arguably not as bad as slavery.

If anything, what you're suggesting would be illogical, because you have to ignore the character's own personality and behavior in order to reach the conclusion that he should have enslaved everyone.

I really, really hope you never write anything. You're so hypocritical.

Not all of them, but many are. Which happens in the majority of stories with a genius, whether in terms of planning or combat skill.

We do hear that Lelouch used a mecha during some of the previous school festivals. So he did know the controls. There, I solved if for you.

You got plenty of things wrong.

Perhaps not, but reading a book is either equal or arguably more than what most young robot pilots in anime do. Training isn't really depicted at length, with exceptions, because both creators and audiences know the genre isn't focused on that angle.

Not necessarily. People are not perfect. Not all possibilities need to be exhausted or shown to us in detail. I wouldn't consider that to be "important information" as opposed to you ignoring the character and context in order to ask why said character doesn't think like you.

>Britannians take no precautions when transporting Suzaku to court, allowing Zero to roll up with a bomb threat and take Suzaku
Speedwatcher-kun, please stop, you're only making yourself look worse.

It definitely could have, but your "plot holes" and complains are either nitpicking to the point of irrationality, flawed or optional. Not obligatory information or strictly necessary.

Contrary to your claim, Lelouch isn't a "genius" per se. We see him make a lot of mistakes. Like a teenager would do. His playing chess gives him some tactical ability, but we see that he has some degree of intelligence through other actions, like how he analyzes situations and individuals. The chess aspect, in and of itself, is not the only reason for that. In fact, they didn't show us the game because the chess is meant to be purely a symbol or metaphor. Instead, we do get to see how Lelouch thinks and plans in other scenes, which are far more effective than just the "he plays" character trait. In other words, the show didn't use the chess like you wanted, but managed to establish and SHOW US that Lelouch had certain skills through other means.

You could argue that making someone obey you whenever you want while living his normal life at other times is more humane than killing a father, brother, friend, etc. You could also cancel geass commands, such as telling Suzuki to forgeg the command to live, or telling Jeremiah to never view Lelouch as Cornelia, etc. But this isn’t the relevant point. I don’t care if Lelouche doesn’t want to make slaves. My main issue is that the show fails to present this clearly to the viewer. It’s not difficult to make Lelouche say “I won’t create slaves unless I absolutely have to” early on so that we’re not left wondering why he doesn’t use this exploit. I myself wondered if such a thing were possible and I was disappointed that Lelouche, a genius, did not test this.

Attached: D7LTxSmUYAUq0w5.jpg (1200x675, 73K)

Suzaku had a military escort. We see it.
Yes, the amnesia part sucked. Finally a decent point.
Mao is the most childish and immature adult-looking character in the show, so him going unstable is expected. .
Euphemia's plan would have temporarily ruined the Black Knights, that's true, but we saw that Lelouch was going to react negatively and that Britannia saw the plan as nothing more than a tool. It wasn't going to last, even if nobody had been commanded to kill the Japanese. All that did was speed up the process, but the outcome would have been similar.

Valetta literally asked Jeremiah if they should do something to prepare and he said he would kill anyone if they approached. Why WOULD YOU NOT make extra preparations? Because we need to advance the plot that’s why

>My main issue is that the show fails to present this clearly to the viewer
Just because you lack the comprehension skills to not understand things within a series if it doesn't spoonfeed you doesn't mean that others can't.
Just look at this thread, you're the only one who is having your problem.

I see, it was a Freudian slip of the mind, Lulu hated the inferior Japs all along

We see that the people under that open-ended type of slavery command near the end of the show seem to become quite fanatical. They aren't just living their normal lives with only a few moments of interruption, so I would say it isn't very humane. Cancelling the command would be an alternative, yes, but only after a point. Not before then.

I don't think the show needed to be explicit about that sort of thing. Lelouch never came across as the sort of person who sincerely wanted to be obeyed by others or had a personal ambition to rule. He prefers to convince his allies too, whereas a more cold-hearted individual would have geassed Suzaku and all the Black Knights. Which would make sense for a serial killer or some other extremist type of person with different ideals, but not for Lelouch. I think it's fair to ask the question about the exploit, on paper, but once you try to analyze the character from his own POV, not from yours, it becomes arguably easy to deduce from the surrounding context and portrayal that he likely wouldn't have gone for it. Not until he decided to throw away his life, anyway, which is a special circumstance that broke the mold.

I think people like yourself assume there is only one valid type of "genius" character. Some sort of cold, unemotional and laidback computer-like mind. Which a small number of people might resemble, but most folks, even relatively smart ones, aren't like this. Testing extreme scenarios makes sense if you assume the person has no qualms about it or is clinically rational, but Lelouch is very impulsive and not unemotional.

Jeremiah wanted the whole parade to be a public relations stunt, rather than a military necessity. They could have taken Suzaku away in secret, but he wanted to make it a media circus. That was his mistake.

Code Geass has a mix of good and bad writing. It's almost in equilibrium for long stretches, but then you get distinct highs and lows. S2 had most of the wilder and crazier setups. Some of them worked out in the long run, I admit, but it's not wrong to say they could have cleaned up certain parts.

Attached: D2zH5SPVAAAB7lc.jpg (561x599, 29K)

The second season is so highly regarded, precisely because it is that retarded.