Series would have been 100% Better If She Had Been MC

and not lameass otaku selfinsertbait Itami. Anime Is Gate The JSDF

Attached: Shino Kuribayashi beatdown.jpg (520x293, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r7fj1yaLtT4
pbs.twimg.com/media/D0z-cypU0AAm2-x.jpg:orig
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Characters name is Shino Kuribayashi

She was much sexier and badass in the Manga.

Attached: 983938230492shino.jpg (954x883, 129K)

Look really deformed.

Nah, it would have still sucked because the character's literally never face any real threat. Shit would have been a lot more interesting if art some point some shit like this happens
> Some other asshole country (probably North Korea or China) gets their own gate
> They form an alliance with the imperial nation and start covertly arming them so they can actually fight them instead of just getting mowed down without any casualties
> the only weapons and vehicles they gave them were old WWII era stuff, but why's that?
> turns out they were just planning on issuing their alliance to get the imperials to weaken the JSDF forces or at least distract them while they bring over shit that's superior to the stuff they gave the imperial army so they can wipe out both the Empire and the now weakened JSDF

>> turns out they were just planning on issuing their alliance to get the imperials to weaken the JSDF forces or at least distract them while they bring over shit that's superior to the stuff they gave the imperial army so they can wipe out both the Empire and the now weakened JSDF

That would have pissed the Banzaiboos off.

Shino-san!

Attached: shinosan.jpg (310x368, 24K)

Fuck em.

Why crop it?

Attached: shortstack vs tall n slender.jpg (1039x1200, 458K)

I want to do whatever the opposite of that is to Banzai boos. I want them as far away from me as possible.

One of the biggest problems with Itami is he runs away from this.

Attached: D7-gAvsU0AA9bdy.jpg orig.jpg (1000x750, 113K)

Oh boy is this the GATE shitposting thread promised earlier today?

Imagine being so beta and weak this midget chink kills you
youtube.com/watch?v=r7fj1yaLtT4

Attached: shortstack mating procedure.jpg (1000x1000, 63K)

I didn't expect to see a thread at all, but shitposting threads do get more activity than any other kind.

What do you expect? This manga is just Japs jerking off to the idea of going back into the past (oh I'm sorry alternate dimension) and dominating Europeans with future technology, this is just one big fantasy of Jap superiority.

>asshole country
That would be the US.

>swords and armor vs. a .50 cal with armor-piercing rounds
>beta males

No, just advanced weaponry.

She looks like an idol in the anime. Anime butchered half the designs, especially the monstergirls.

>especially the monstergirls.
I can't let it go. I get that they weren't using the manga designs but holy shit they still fucked everything up

Attached: 1442760914_10.jpg (811x407, 89K)

They seemed to think GATE went well with idols for some reason. The only time I could see that happening would be having some small mention about some of the monstergirls go to Earth to become idols eventually.

Attached: 00001.jpg (1126x1600, 347K)

I was reffering at the moment the girl used the bayonetta to kill 5 soldiers

Anime would have been much better if author didn't go dumbshit with the JSDF easily wiping all of the worlds' greatest Spec ops at the same time.

Because Japan thinks the only way to get a market is by making people audiences can relate to.
Ignoring the fact two of the most popular characters in Fiction, Superman and Goku are hyper powerful aliens.
But I guess when you're a shitty writer looking for a quick buck you can't be assed to have anything resembling an ideal, and instead opt to just be a nationalist idiot who got his name hit on the dart board

This

Stay mad

Attached: 1442076679746.jpg (2500x2571, 2.08M)

Reminder that my daughter was a pure white medusa.

Attached: aurea.png (183x448, 88K)

I'd like to see her more too.

Attached: 58744562_p0.jpg (500x890, 122K)

I really dont mind series that jerk off their own countries. But damn this one goes a mile ahead of every other one I heard about.

Never watched american media?

>anime
>side characters are far more interesting than the main character, who exists for no other reason than to allow equally boring people to self-insert
What else is new?

>cia black ops
>good
lmao, they pick the trash up from actual spec forces, add some criminals to spice it up then send them on missions bordering suicidal

Even the leader of the harem admits he's boring.

Attached: gate4_046.jpg (1098x1600, 945K)

Some are better some are worse.

what the fuck happened

Attached: yikes.jpg (494x422, 49K)

At least they both have noses.

Reminder she tied him to a bed and tried to rape him.

For how long they travel together, there should have been more attempts, and enough successful that he stops caring about what others may think.

>Ignoring the fact two of the most popular characters in Fiction, Superman and Goku are hyper powerful aliens.

>Superman
>Relatable
Pick one.

I like both Manga Shino and Anime Shino. . . but what if. We merged anime Shino and Manga Shino together?

>manages to beat a group of soldiers who specialize in melee combat all on her own
That was some grade A bullshit.

She had a submachine gun.

>nationalism
>bad

Attached: Screenshot_20190608-140330_Crunchyroll.jpg (1272x719, 459K)

That's the fucking point you idiot.
You don't NEED relatablitly. People need idealistic heroes to give them aspirations or role model to make them get up off their asses and do something, not make another 'He's just like me...except for the part where he doesn't fuck those hot women that I'd want to fuck...now I'm sad AND angry' character
Also if you literally read any good Superman story and don't relate or empathize with Superman at one point you're just another scum sucker on Yea Forums whose trying too hard to be an outcast

She ditches it and whips out the ol' fisticuffs to take out the, still sizeable, group of notRoman soldiers.

I thought she only beat up Zorzal.

It also doesn't help that the author of the book the anime was based on is like a huge anti-white racist who think japan dindu nuffin in WW2.

Japanese nationlism is borderline propoganda.
Sure American Nationlism is shit too but the curtain is being pulled back more and more on it.
Unlike Japan who continues to go 'WW2 bad, America bad, have Japanese characters be best at everything and America evil all time'.
I mean fuck World's End Harem for most of it's time went on about how bad IT'S government was only to then go 'BUT AT LEAST WE'RE NOT THE AMERICAN GOVERNMENT WHO ARE THE *REAL* bad guys" showing that somehow you can be nationlist while hating your own government. Because Japan Banzai.

how is that any different from americans who think they dindu nuffin in vietnam

>Unlike Japan who continues to go 'WW2 bad, America bad, have Japanese characters be best at everything and America evil all time'.

The least they could do is have a few American characters assisting in the background.

I think he was talking about when she fought and killed a couple of them with just a bayonet on her rifle before mowing them down. Not sure how this played out in the LN but it was bullshit when like 5 elite guards who definitely have seen combat cannot beat one chick with a short spear.

Attached: x13.jpg (1469x2152, 1.16M)

To be fair China was already eating its own people including children at this time for over a hundred years. European explorers even documented this fact. Those from China are not people, another crisis will prove how scary they can be. The problem Japan made was going into the Philippians and threatening American interests because they needed oil/fuel. Which China is now doing at present day.

Attached: 1558272929522.jpg (800x903, 384K)

For exploring an entire new planet, it would have been smarter to have some assistance to speed up the process, but there also wasn't enough time spent on that part in general.

She had to get through a bunch of his bodyguards, if I remember right. Shot a couple of them with her rifle, takes out another with her bayonet, does some CQC, and gets to Zorzal.
The fact that she managed to do all that without the notRoman soldiers, who were used to melee combat all their lives, managing to overpower her was pretty bullshit.

Most Americans agree Vietnam was a huge fuck up and a tragic waste of human life.

Hardly, you are talking an isolated region with very specific fighting against a soldier training to want to be special forces. She had weighted gloves to give extra love and more various of a whole world combined specialized combat to counter it. If they had crossbows then I would agree, but they did not.

Seeing her beat him down was pretty satisfying/hot tho.

God damn that's pretty hot

Wasn't that just a dream sequence?

Attached: 48553633_p0.jpg (1000x1412, 131K)

I thought the message of World's End Harem was "Women are stupid and can't run the world".

All fake. I cant believe the west fell for the chinese lies. The Rape of Nanjing is a hoax but at this point if we are given the chance we will show them what real rape looks like. The women there were so enthralled by the might of the Japanese soldier that they threw themselves at their feet with their legs spread open. Its not our fault the chinese men are so weak and pathetic. Our soldiers didnt even want to but did it out of mercy so that maybe these women could bear a child that was at least half human. All the "horrors" that are spoken of are clearly just communist propoganda. I will personally take my great grandfather's sword and claim the heads of a thousand Chinamen then take their women and sow the plentiful fields that will willingly lie before us as liberators from their oppressive government. Just a reminder that the chinese are a race of asian mutts, made from the mass of steppe invaders that subjugated them time and time again. They exist to be under someone, a people who mindlessly follow the will of anyone stronger than themselves. Colonial rule was the best thing that could happen to them short of a total japanese control. Its only a matter of time before they collapse to someone else and become even further mixed from the race that their ancestors once were. Its only a matter of time before the Sun rises over the horizon of their shores and this time, hopefully, for the final time.

Attached: 1546484850838.gif (320x180, 397K)

>Nah, it would have still sucked because the character's literally never face any real threat.
At least Shino has more going for her personality wise than Itami. Also we haven't had a non-fanservice/ecchi anime with a female protag in years.

Based

>hurr durr muh self-insert MC
Like a 5 foot nothing 100 pounds soaking wet GIRL in the army beating the shit out of grown men while at qcc despite the latter having far more experience and training at that range is any better. If Itami is beta-male otaku bait, then Kuribayashi is for omegas.

I always said WEH was Y The Last Man with more fanservice. And not as good.
Y:TLM was *so* good that a not-so-good ripoff, like WEH, could at least pass the time.

Paging Unit 731?

>If Itami is beta-male otaku bait, then Kuribayashi is for omegas.
Implying you wouldn't fuck her.

The manga has some great choreography with the fight scenes

Yeah no, when you take on someone, much more a group, in melee combat, and that same group happen to be experienced soldiers who were taught melee combat their whole lives, you're fucked. I would have been fine if Itami and gang just mag dumped on them and be done with it, but since this is JAPAN STRONK they went out of their way to make shortstack Mctits win.

>they went out of their way to make shortstack Mctits win.

I happen to like Shortstack McTits characters.

I hate this bitch, she somehow was able to beat up Zorzal. Cringe

Attached: ErenUnamused.jpg (292x246, 27K)

You're telling me that roman centurions are somehow less equipped to fight someone at melee range than a fucking special forces member from Japan of all nations who would have been taught how to fight with a bayonet as a last resort realistically.

Maybe we will get more later this month. I think it's supposed to be at least 40 pages.

Attached: D8jX1PGV4AAorAz.jpg orig.jpg (1000x750, 130K)

>how is that any different from americans who think they dindu nuffin in vietnam

We did do something in Nam. We lost.

Manga is probably ending soon. Anime wrapped up around this point and it doesn't look like theres much interest left in the series except for the hardcore otaku.

People in special forces can't fight for shit at CQC, and that "training" the broad is wasting to get to SF (a woman making it to spec ops is every bit as high fantasy as dragons, by the way) doesn't magically negate the fact that she had reach, muscle mass, numbers and experience against her and still fucking won. It was dumb fucking bullshit devised to appeal to a very specific brand of otakus. You're just being a retarded hypocrite because muh dick.

Navy seal-chan Will kill Jin ping

Attached: SatsukoSalute.png (788x768, 581K)

How can an axiom be a message?

>It was dumb fucking bullshit devised to appeal to a very specific brand of otakus.
Certainly appealed to me.

Also in the light novel she nearly gets killed by a hostage who gets turned into a giant monster by a magic spell, and is only saved cause the chopper pilot did a manuever to push it out of the plane.

That's not saying much considering the MC was a charmless douche.

I would, but her scenes are still stupid shit. Like Itami and the elves not immediately wheezing while fighting on a fucking magma chamber.

and people in video games dont have realistic stamina like people in reality do.

>it's fiction so you have to garble everything up even when it makes no sense in context that it could happen

Forget training, it's like three vs 1 at some point (which realistically spells doom for anyone, regardless of their training), and each of her attackers had far better reach than her stubby ass using a glorified spear for dwarves. The entire scene is a clusterfuck of retardation.

>doesn't look like theres much interest left in the series except for the hardcore otaku.
Based on what?

The clothed version.

Attached: shinoandmariinthegatemanga.jpg (1070x1523, 516K)

They had the numbers and experience against a tiny Japanese woman with a bayonet. Odds would have favored the notRomans.

Lack of internet traffic mostly. The fanbase may be vocal but the anime only did moderately well.

Is it stupid? Yes. Is it entertaining? Hell yes.

Glad to see some people here appreciate the most underappreciated GATE waifu.

Shinos Shinos are magnificent

Attached: Shinoboob ooms.png (192x182, 43K)

kill yourself retard

why so hostile?

Too big.

Attached: p0110.jpg (1440x2150, 838K)

God I love shortstacks

Attached: shortstack marriage material.jpg (1440x2150, 894K)

Because that same line of thinking is used every time something stupid happens. I'm sick of it

Is there a limitation in the military for how busty a female recruit can be or something?

MST3K mantra dude. It's just a stupid show. You dont HAVE to watch it.

Shame she barely shows up in the series after the zorzal beatdown.

Maybe she should have tried to marry a wolf instead for more relevance.

everything is just a stupid show thanks to modern hack writers and the retards who defend them

>The fact that she managed to do all that without the notRoman soldiers, who were used to melee combat all their lives, managing to overpower her was pretty bullshit.

Theres actually hentai art of that actually.

Let them have their fun, as I don't think the jsdf gets to shoot their guns on live targets

I'm not against anyones fun.

If not, there should be. Hers are just too big. pbs.twimg.com/media/D0z-cypU0AAm2-x.jpg:orig

It would be illegal.

>Hers are just too big.
i've seen much bigger

She's far older than anyone else, and no one who could tell her no would survive.

Law applys to someones age not appearance.

That was most stupid scene in the whole anime.

It would be illegal to show that in the US/UK/Canada/Australia. Aka 90% of the relevant world.

It would have been better if she just shot people instead of putting a bayonet on first thing and going for CQC combat like a loon.

They were so juiced to have an 'action' scene where she does twirls and kicks and stuff when it'd be better, make more sense, and honestly be cheaper to animate if she just mowed them down instead of having some fist fight or bayonet fight with them.

loli hentai is not illegal in america. which backwards european nation do you live in?

loli hentai is illegal under obscene acts.

There was a chart I found online explaining where in the US it was and wasn't.

Obscene act is federal law, specifically under federal highway laws. That means transportation on road, on seas, in air, in media, and on the internet.

Hence why Shino is objectively better than Rory

fuck america. i hope commies, allah akbars, and fascists nuke this shitty country that pretends to be free.

Attached: You+shall+be+punished+for+you+lies+death+to+the+_fe382806a5345c9e24fc9a0eb247c5d7.jpg (426x426, 48K)

Applies to Canada/UK/Australia as well. Probably others too, but they haven't been tested like those countries.

>best girl in anime is a little girl
How does she do it?

Attached: ea2ff90bc6bf22f99e01e1db300d957c.jpg (2000x2828, 2.22M)

Anime was so shit though. Severely censored, the dragon fight looked funny rather than brutal.

They didn't have Rory to do all the action scenes, so they got the next best thing.

Why do the originals have to be so low resolution and have so many artifacts?

Attached: 71503988_p0.jpg (803x1000, 169K)

Censoring the anime was a mistake.

Attached: 1537165705219.webm (650x364, 2.87M)

>He may be bland, but there is something captivating about him.

Geez, that's a whole new level of self-inserting. The delusion that a bland person could ever be interesting.

Maybe that someone like him got as far as he did.

Even otherwise bland seeming people can go far if they possess something special. Napoleon, at first glance, was socially awkward, sallow, and thin in his youth. But if you engaged him right, he'd turn on the charisma, to say nothing of what if you put him in charge of a military unit.

What's so fascinating about this guy?