State of popular Shonen

Can we take a look at the current state of popular Shonen.

>One piece/Wano: Shit, entire fanbase hates it, sales declining rapidly
>MHA: been trash since kamino, 7 quirks asspull killed any credibility it had left
>World trigger: kicked out of Jump
>kimetsu: cliche with no redeeming factors
>samurai 8: threads dying at 20 replies, even the shills gave up on it
>Boruto: who has ever cared to begin with
>promised neverland: turned into generic "if you kill your enemies they win" moralfagging

What the fuck is up with Shonen? Why is the best Shonen that isnt on hiatus fucking Black Clover, some random ass generic as hell manga? What is going on?

And before you go
>UMMMM but user, you are only reading the popular stuff, Axeman is a superb manga
Nobody cares, go home.

Attached: 1490469430620.jpg (660x578, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/a/search/text/fucking Black Clover/type/op/
youtube.com/watch?v=pUDUK-yvwQs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>clovercuck trying to shill BC again
boards.fireden.net/a/search/text/fucking Black Clover/type/op/

everytime i come on Yea Forums i see this stupid ass thread

grow up and accept that youve grown up

>One piece/Wano: Shit, entire fanbase hates it, sales declining rapidly

Attached: ef6e5bbd1c975e19a60c269cf52a1c66.gif (500x281, 410K)

>not shitting on the absolute state of Shokugeki no Soma
The low hanging fruit was right there. I'm disappointed in you, bait-kun.

There's just literally no point in making more battle shonen. It reached its peak with HxH and Jojo.

V.69: 3,147,224
V.70: 3,039,487
V.71 : 2,890,263
DROP
V.85: 2,400,524
V.84: 2,393,553
V.83: 2,435,076
DROP
V.92: 1,776,868

In less than 20 volumes this series has lost between 700,000 to 800,000 readers. Between 2011 and 2018, One Piece has lost 29,000,000 yearly sales. This is the biggest flop in the history of manga. No other manga has lost this many sales in such a short amount of time.

Attached: OPfag-get dabbed on.gif (580x600, 338K)

What went fucking wrong??

Did you even look at One Piece? (Which isn’t a battle Shonen)

>Between 2011 and 2018, One Piece has lost 29,000,000 yearly sales
Maybe because it got a gigantic several million average boost across all its backlog volumes in 2010-2012 due to Marineford? Regardless of how well the volumes sell, it can never hope to recapture the total volumes sold of that era.

Nothing, people are just baiting and posting cherry picked information.

>mfw black clover is the best shonen right now

Attached: 1558036528677.png (1280x844, 575K)

Your delusion is too strong user.

>still selling in the millions
>biggest flop in the history of manga
Oda is rolling in yen

Physical media is declining.

>it can never hope to recapture the total volumes sold of that era.

Unless maybe it’s the climax of the Wano arc or the intire Raftel arc.

And you also forget that half the readers that they lost are reading digitally now which they never take into account for physical sales.
I'm not even trying to support One Piece as I could care less about the series, but ebooks are a thing you know.

You didn’t answer anything.

piratefags and streamfags

Ah it's because I dropped it during that year, when the mermaid shit happened, it's my fault user

The problem with One Piece is its shallow storytelling and hamfisted attempts at tackling social issues without any nuance whatsoever. The world of OP feels artificial, every arc and location has some relation to the strawhats, it's built around them rather than existing as separate beings with their own historical and social context that can fully function without their existence. Enemies that are conveniently JUST strong or weak enough for the Strawhats to fight. Luffy beating up the Big Bad ad nauseum. Also the rich and privileged exploiting the poor done redundantly in the most cringe manner. Let's not forget the shallow one dimensional characters with Sabo being a literal shoehorned replacement for Ace. Terrible twist, it rendered the entirety of post-timeskip meaningless, not to mention the drawn out pacing nearing almost 1000 chapters and cluttering of panels.

Attached: 1534297866610.png (789x643, 143K)

One Piece or MHA is 1000 times better than Shit Clover even in their worst day

Don't forget HxH in that list hunter x redditor
>overrated hiatus shit that has pathetic fans constantly kiss up to despite Togashit having yet to actually deliver a satisfying conclusion for any of the projects he's worked on

>honestly thinking Kimetsu is worse than Black Clover
jesus

>Luffy shows up on island
>bad guy is ruling island
>crew learns that bad guy is being a dickhead
>Luffy beats him up
It's the winning formula

Yeah

Attached: ACA45CCF-121E-4280-B191-97577B6AD942.jpg (2938x3918, 3.48M)

Pirates and that it just keeps going without any clear end in sight.

Attached: D81F2F20-8389-450F-BF2F-13C19671B619.jpg (1332x601, 260K)

i-i still think one piece is good :((
everything about it that i loved since the beginning is more or less there, outside of it having less of an "adventure" bend because we already know all the key players in the universe

it's one of the few series i think that hasn't seriously fell off with its length. it has ups and downs like any other series but the overall quality has remained pretty consistent, i think

>last half of 2014
>all of 2015
>first half of 2016
How are you on hiatus for 2 fucking years

Repetition (in fact, even worse copies of what had been before) killed it for me

You're coping. The complexity of the current arc will never be beaten by any other manga simply because it's too deeply structured.

Attached: sw-chart-390.png (6754x3726, 2.52M)

By being a lazy hack

Because Togashi has rights to his work which allows him to have creative freedom to do what he wants with the story and narrative structure. He's also willing to push boundaries of the genre and manga medium, most mangaka aren't.

Attached: HxH 350IQ.jpg (2073x2220, 2.27M)

Apparently too complex for Togashi to write

That's nice but I want the next chapter already

>push the boundaries of manga medium
>battle shonen with text walls and infodumps

Soon, brother.

Attached: 1538330293187.png (764x650, 360K)

Name any other manga (not just shonen) with ~5000-participant succession wars starring small personal armies assembled through careful adherence to an arcane system of royal wife bodyguard conscription where murder is still illegal, so all deaths are to be performed with shadowy assassinations and scheming, and all participants are given pseudo Stands that they don't know about. Keep in mind the mafia branches and their connections to the royal family, the Kakin Justice Branch/Kakin Judiciary and the Tier 2 Justice Bureau, international officers/officials from the V6/elsewhere

Mind you, this is only particular side of the arc. It's also starring multiple other sub-systems within that side and multiple larger factions altogether (such as Beyond's group, the HA, Zodiacs, and more).

Attached: 1503564122605.jpg (4100x3550, 3M)

Jump gave him a lifelong pass to do whatever he wants, and he mostly uses it to not write for Jump.

Attached: when that hunterchad post is also a based post.jpg (1280x1280, 117K)

the text is literally too small to read

What's the point? Literature is about characters. There's no point in adding 100 characters. Look at One Piece and how worse it got since the scale increased. Even 9 crew members were too much for narrative.

Gee, I wonder what your favorite manga is since you tried to stay objective and haven't made it obvious at all. Your opinions are worthless, no one cares about them. I'll never understand the thought process people like you go through that seriously makes them think it's a good idea to open up a thread only to flaunt their garbage, highly subjective opinions.

It's literally larger scale Jojo

you better shut your mouth about kimetsu

HxH lost so many opportunities and possible arcs. What a sad waste of potential.

Attached: CBC7EC4B-1ED3-4AC1-B77B-1D39B0227B31.jpg (640x480, 68K)

Do you think it would've been finished by now if it never went on hiatus?

I think Togashi deliberately made everything so it can last as much as he wants. He didn't even make a global direction to the plot and he constructed nen in such a way that he could add new things and build new plots when he's inspired by something new

Who the fuck knows. It's hard to pinpoint where the manga is even going at this point. Most shonen have some kind of end-goal but with HxH it kind of only goes with the flow with no destination in mind. It might go on forever which it probably will either way since I don't see Togashi ending this any time soon, it's basically free money he gets for doing next to nothing.

>Do you think it would've been finished by now
No but we would have a lot of interesting arcs by now.

Dark Continent arc
Leorio arc
Gyro arc
Killua-Gon aftermath arc
Hunters shenanigans arc
The Final arc
>it never went on hiatus?
This makes me cry and wondering about “what if” truly HxH lost so much potential to become more and...

Attached: D4D5BD5B-B9B8-4A3B-B9B5-CE0FC82BCD1C.gif (500x281, 393K)

probably? assuming that the spiders and kurapika both complete their arcs after the succession war/dark continent there's not much left to do with the story but gyro and possibly more hisoka.

>he still reads shonen
What went wrong in your life that you cling to it?

The same reason I watch colorful ponies spreading morals about friendship, escapism.

What else do you want people to read?

What went wrong in your life that you spend your free time entering threads you have no particular interest in only to shit talk anonymous strangers who will have forgotten about your existence in the next 10 to 15 minutes?

Attached: 67FF84FD-4201-4A3C-A262-7F175E98E2F6.jpg (1297x615, 200K)

So the impression I get from HxH is that it's more or less a bunch of individual adventures that happen to make up a battle manga. Like One Piece except each arc might as well be its own story entirely? Because that sounds cool.

Even shonen outside of WSJ (or non-battle shonen) would be a nice start.

This is a template shitposting thread anyway.

Examples?

There's probably at least a dozen shonen magazines that aren't WSJ. Go look for yourself.

Beta/scrapped arcs

Prison arc
Illumi arc
Adventure and exploring arc
Underwater arc

Attached: 9482F57B-FF23-4B51-BCFD-6AFDC77B73E6.jpg (1300x866, 175K)

ok but you're only reading the popular stuff

Attached: 163238749859.png (900x1346, 2.27M)

How good is World Trigger?

Please read Fumetsu

Attached: To Your Eternity - c052 (web) - p002-003 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (4294x3056, 2.58M)

Is the latest arc kinda ruined?
The idiot prince capturing the Immortal guy looks like a complete joke redemption villain. I see absolutely no way in him making the plot interesting.

Has a very basic plot and too many side characters to name or care about, but it has some really interesting fights and a cool MC.
It reads like a team based sports manga with a battle shonen coat of paint.

Very good.
The characters that have focus for the most part are very well-written and come off as realistically depicted instead of too trope-y or exaggerated, the setting and worldbuilding has only gotten more and more interesting over time, and the series as a whole has a very strong attention to detail within its plot (which is something that I personally prefer over a more fast-paced story). It also has arguably what I'd say one of the best examples of an underdog protagonist in an action manga.

But the big thing that you'll find most people don't shut the fuck up about are the battles, and for good reason. The battles are definitely the highlight of the series, and the story serves as an extremely solid framework for them to happen. The power system is well-defined and ensures characters only have access to the abilities they've been given, and most larger fights involve teams coordinating against each other - so expect to see a lot of squad tactics, conventional strategies, and unconventional strategies. I've heard people call it a "sports manga in disguise", which is pretty apt in ways.

Significant flaws right now are probably that the slower pace coupled with Ashihara's breaks and the monthly wait mean the story doesn't progress as fast as it should, but otherwise it's an above-functional tale so far. That, and the first 10 chapters or so are pretty damn bad and don't really indicate the quality of the rest of the series. I always tell people to give it until the big fight at Chapter 25, which is when it settles into its lite-politics elements, the establishing of the greater world, and of course the team-based battles.

Attached: file.png (800x1200, 1.12M)

Hm, thanks for the info. World trigger is the only battle shonen I haven't read or heard anything of

The Prince can see ghosts, we find out that Fushi's friends have been following him around all this time and the Prince discovers Fushi can bring ghosts back to life, but doesn't tell him.

Attached: To Your Eternity - c068 (v08) - p072 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2587x3684, 2.41M)

Ah, that makes it more interesting. Guess I'll have to pick it back up.

No one cares about shafted MC the manga.

Chapter 25 is where the series went from axe tier to interesting.
Chapter 84 is where it went from interesting to favorite tier.
The Toei anime was fucking shit so it didn't catch on. It hasn't gotten much discussion lately because it went on hiatus for two years, got transferred to a monthly magazine, and currently taking its sweet time building up the next battle.

Attached: 115.jpg (800x1200, 200K)

Not a problem. I know it has some degree of popularity in Japan, but in the West I'm sure part of it has to do with the utterly horrendous anime adaptation, which has unnecessary censorship, awful pacing, and some terribly inconsistent animation.

The manga itself was also on a hiatus for two years, so if anything I'm happy that it still has a loyal following despite that, even if it's a smaller one.

Shounen is literally for kids, don't expect too much. KnY is good tho

>shonen is shit
>more news at 11

Naruto, Bleach and all the older titles have already exhausted everything the genre has to offer. Nakama power crap can only be repeated so many times, before it goes stale.

Not OP but I think everyone who didnt drop after the spring festival dropped after the regiment de cuisine. I hope no one read deep into that underworld chef shit

Hard agree. Honestly if finishing the Invasion Arc didn't sell people on World Trigger then I have no idea what would have

Among your shonen war arcs I think it's just a supremely competent one in all the right ways, not just because the elaborate fights make a war arc suitable, but just because the way all the threads and elements come together and converge towards the climax and ending is so clean.

Attached: file.png (1600x1200, 1.73M)

>I hope no one read deep into that underworld chef shit
Sorry for letting you down user.

Attached: 1551464393030.jpg (600x1095, 317K)

It's ending in 2 weeks, who cares.

>Mfw it certainly isn't

Attached: 1559741085166.jpg (469x551, 66K)

I like the setting, aesthetic, fights, art, and even the plot.

But I can't stand the damn characters with maybe a few tiny exceptions like Finral and Yami. They're all either underdeveloped and boring or just annoying charicatures who Tabata thinks he can get you to like by forcing a two-page flashback in the middle of the story. Yuno is a slightly more tolerable rival than Bakugo just by not being offensive but he's still actually cardboard.

Black Clover somehow spent so many chapters without actually getting me to give a shit about most of the cast, which astounds the fuck out of me. It's what really prevents me from enjoying it since otherwise I don't think it's fundamentally awful at all.

But you know I'm glad it has a fanbase at least, certainly

Less complex than OnePiece with less variety.

Attached: 1557850496457 (1).jpg (4032x3024, 1.91M)

Snk and HxH are the only godlike shonens and all the men (and women......ik not sexist) must praise them.

Looks like shit and feels like cancer

I'm a huge Hunter x Hunter fan but even I'm not invested in this arc. The endless exposition is boring me to death, it's missing the character development/relationships mixed with psychological tension, that we saw very early on that made it so enjoyable to follow.

there needs to be a madoka for the shounen genre so that fans will love a dark mediocre piece of fakedeep shit and gush about "muh deconstruction"

that's literally hunter x hunter

I wanted a Zoldyck arc or a Hisoka arc. This Prince arc does not interest me. Togashi is wasting the better characters potential.

>love Gash Bell
>adore Gash Bell
>anime is sucky and doesn't even cover the whole series
>dub doesn't even cover all of the anime
>official english manga doesn't cover the whole series
>set of scanlations that exist are old and range from perfectly readable to awkward and poor

why. why.

Attached: D6-7vVEXoAE1sli.jpg (695x1100, 228K)

grug no understand where all fight gone

Attached: too much exposition.png (414x555, 170K)

"Muh subversion"

>Ignoring Jojo

Attached: 15101671_851495644991346_7157765605276254208_n.jpg (390x391, 39K)

Desu, we could nearly have all of those arc if the weak fucking lazy gook didn’t go on too many vaca- hiatuses. HxH lost many routes the manga could take.

It's hilarious how accurate this will be.

Attached: 99ABB511-6BAE-4497-B167-F95610AEA9CD.jpg (841x735, 112K)

>whatcha thinkin about?
>...
>it's needles, isn't it?
>fuck off, smartass

>Scared to touch the goat.

I don't blame him.

Attached: 007.png (437x500, 68K)

>346 pieces
But which one is the OnePiece?

only 5% of these are relevant to the plot at a time
meanwhile Togashi uses everyone on the ship and more

no. togashi really doesn't
i get that it's a meme to overinflate everything HxH does but come on

read the manga, wanpissfag

So basically Hunter x Hunter but with unironic mass appeal

i've read the manga and if you think Togashi actually doesn't waste characters you're hilariously delusional

>fuck off, smartass
>needles

Attached: E33E5E9E-38AA-402E-854E-27D4EFEF25E4.gif (245x150, 423K)

do you think needles is a safe word between Hisoka and Illumi?

I have a confession
I go into the threads of series that I love and deliberately say frustrated and negative things, falseflagging as a shitposter in the hopes that in response people will either prove my complaints wrong or praise the series more

I never understood this thought process, I could never do it
also kill yourself, OP

I praise the series I hate to trick people into wasting their time

Defrag your hdd

Attached: bingo.png (1920x1080, 1.23M)

I do this too but only to bump my thread and reach the reply limit.

I regularly pretend to be a newfag asking for manga recs so my favorite series look more appealing

Tokyo Shinobi Squad is the new king

I once larped a German user named von hohenheim and talked about my so-called nephew who got stabbed in Berlin subway by some Arabs and a Turk

I do this sometimes, but only if the thread would die otherwise

It took Wan Piss 900 chapters to introduce all those characters while Togashi did it in 40 chapters.

The last good shonen was Mankin.

Attached: sosmall2.png (2047x1500, 632K)

Why is illumi such a cunt

"Muh waifus"

Attached: Muh waifu.png (651x2020, 455K)

one mentally ill spammer =/= entire fandom

Because he's a control freak and a cold pragmatic assassin. He takes more after his mother.

But his eyes are cute.

Attached: yes.gif (500x280, 897K)

Gon remembered Gittarackur

Attached: EB01E3E4-0A4B-414F-A14A-E313D5B6F616.png (1334x750, 2.47M)

>hxh in OP
Opinion discarded

lol yeah right just check your thread to confirm.

HxH threads
>50% Pitou fanart
>30% Hisoka reaction images
>20% gay shipposting

>Togashi has even worse cast bloat than Kubo

The best part about this post is that despite falling in sales volume 92 still has sold more than even the best selling HxH volume, cope more whisperfag.

Same, except I just do it because it's funny

You say that like there’s something wrong with that

>Mentally ill spammer
I never said there was anything wrong with it, but the post I was responding to seemed to have implied just that.

See I love HxH but why the fuck is it jerked off so hard here like it's the pinnacle of fiction? Come on, it's just a manga.

Alot of character in the fold doesn't equal a deeper structure when they are mostly one dimensional monologue machines that are constantly shown wanting for the story to happen to them instead of taking action themselves you simple minded nigger.

Is it any wonder though?
>Bad art
>Terrible MC
>Always on hiatus

Huntards have to try and compensate somehow.

Bumping up the word to counter to the thousands and doing surfaces level exploration of themes about the evils of humanity is not breaking new ground on any fucking thing.

Doesn't mean shit when the story rarely progesses and has a servere lack of characteraztion, dumbo

What about SnK? Both critics and casuals seems to really like it. I personally like other shounen too and I am basing this off the general consensus, pls don’t bully.

Attached: 1ECD9EE0-DB70-452B-8B11-A585EE99469C.jpg (739x609, 210K)

I still like MHA even though I think the 7 quirks thing is Cop-out garbage

Attached: CCD70953-3A6D-49E0-AB46-D81D1FC5096A.jpg (474x474, 44K)

>Cramming hundreds of characters into 40 chapters.
vs
>Introducing hundreds of characters over 900 chapters.

You're a retard.

It was one thing to hit the grand line and bring a "this was only the beginning" because it was clear that the crew weren't ready yet, but we hit all of these milestones and timeskip happened and we still arent really any closer. Luffy stands up and shouts "im the new pirate king", what crews from the past ten years listen to him? Ace, maybe? All of Luffy's real allies so far were made by fishman arc, and since then we've been spinning wheels and getting no closer to the end.

I'm willing to bet that at least half of it is just a bunch of falseflaggers trying to start constant shonen consolewars.

OP is a delusional know-nothing.

There need to be more MCs like Gon willing to kill innocents.

People are just sick of the tropes in my opinion. It doesn't help that piracy and streaming have become very popular options outside of Japan, so of course the decline is much more noticeable. It won't be this way forever though, something new will come eventually.

Even if this is a troll thread I am surprised World Trigger made it to the list when the likes of Black Clover and Fairy Tail didn't got mentioned.

We relevant now.

Attached: happy Kage.jpg (480x480, 29K)

FUCK I thought the next chapter was going to be the last chapter

Attached: 1448909580870.jpg (502x510, 94K)

ironically pirates

user please. WT only gets to be relevant around here once a month.

Attached: 1540487279162.png (294x216, 54K)

It's relevant enough that a troll OP listed it right next to One Piece and MHA.

Attached: whatiread.jpg (1100x500, 497K)

>preDC arc started eight years ago
No wonder Hunterniggers are constantly falseflagging about the greatest of this series they're straight up fucking coping

*greatness

I thought everyone forgot about us, bros. Triggerchads are a small but strong force.

Attached: 1265278595.png (599x627, 307K)

>Why is the best Shonen that isnt on hiatus fucking Black Clover
I bet it's that one BCfag who got mad a while back when a bunch of people said that world trigger had better fights than BC

Shut the fuck up you fart sniffing cum eating lowly retarded sandnigger. Who the fuck do you think you are?! Know your place the next time, dumb ape.

>we only have ten people on staff total
Yep. That about sums up the size of the fanbase. See you all in a month.

Attached: 1548193082444.png (279x228, 11K)

Lmao that fucking happened? I get that people tout BC's fights a lot but damn even as someone who enjoys both series I can't say in good conscience that it's anywhere near the level of WT, with some solid exceptions

it's business as usual for the Weekly Shonen Shitpost thread

Attached: thread.png (1876x1070, 330K)

Stop crying.

I find it fucking hilarious that the most successful shonen of the decade is the one that's not in shonen jump. For the better though, weekly publishings are cancer

Stop breathing

It just comes down to bad writing. Boruto, MHA, and Black Clover were the biggest contenders for being the new face of shonen and all of them are struggling badly in popularity and their biggest problem is all piss poor writing.

>anime ended a long time ago, manga comes out once in like 5 years, literally nothing new to discuss
>still beat One Piece in thread activity

Dare I say, eternal chads of Yea Forums?
Imagine us at our prime.
And the best part is, unlike Hiatuslets, we have no need to invade other threads because they don't live in our heads rent free.

Attached: CHADS OF a.png (671x807, 243K)

>PEOPLE DON'T LIKE MY SHITTY SHOUNEN SERIES!
>WAAAAAHH! FUCKING KILL YOURSELVES!

Now you can see why everyone hates you.

I really like how World Trigger's fights work. They have such a cool tactical bend. Pic related was where I started getting intrigued but it all clicked wonderfully for me in the big Black Trigger fight. Never read, but are HxH fights similar in the depth of like tactics and strategy and stuff? I know the powers are definitely more individual and unique.

Attached: file.png (753x872, 637K)

No you stupid ignorant faggot. I’m replying to you because you called me a nigger.

>we are really judging the popularity/success of manga by the activity of their respective fan bases on Yea Forums

Attached: 1541815725278.jpg (787x468, 25K)

>proclaiming yourself chads for liking certain thing
When did this autistic trend start

The anime ended? A long time ago?
From all the threads that pop up I assumed it was still ongoing.

Attached: 1523814572438.jpg (1366x768, 69K)

About a year and a half ago when the hxh general died.

>Responding as if it was directed at you personally.

Are you fucking delusional?

Attached: 1552187752880.jpg (201x251, 6K)

>What the fuck is up with Shonen?
It's low quality so no one gives a damn

It's been a little over a year since it ended

Why has the animation been so poor? Especially noticeable with dragonball super and boruto

Fairy Tail already finished, and the troll is a BCfag.

>Are you fucking delusional?
No but I didn’t like that word. Also I don’t like it when faggots like you calling me a nigger.

Attached: D3768BA3-B0FF-46B5-BCB1-45FDE206C041.jpg (220x323, 17K)

Well get over it nigger.

If you say so faggot.

With literally no porn, so not watching this shit

Maybe popular shonen is crap just like popular most things. How about some "obscure" shonen?

This thread brings new meaning to the term "Huntard"

Not that there's something wrong but there's hardly anything fresh that can be offered since the genre been so overdone. I think Bleach and HxH are the last two I enjoyed but can't come back to the genre. The fact that you're not interested just tells you that these are seriously meant for kids OP. Nothing wrong with that.

Attached: 61689525_2314005268839957_92878062185611264_n.png (941x799, 329K)

This. There's still a lot of interesting shonen series out there that I read, but the battle oriented ones in the same vein as Naruto and whatnot don't really do anything for me anymore.

Yeah yeah hunter vs shingeki vs jojos get the hell out of here with that manufactured rivalry.

Sorry to break it to you but MHA was shit since chapter 1.

No one even mentioned that. You should't use the same canned response to reply to everything.

why are you ignoring attack on titan?

Because it's a WSJ themed shitpost.

Learn how to type Jamal.

Fuck off back to your subreddit nigger noone cares about your feelings here.

basically, this thread is mostly two retards "no you!"-ing each other

the tension is still there for the boat arc, it just gets overshadowed for hiatus. Like when HxH does come back I feel more tension for it going back on hiatus than I feel for the manga itself. I mean in 33-34 chapters since they boarded the boat there's been a lot of tension in the upper section of the boat but in this most recent batch of chapters we've learned that lots of bad shit is happening in the lower decks too. Like Fuu/Kacho trying to leave the ship was a very intense scenario and pretty much every time Theta is in a panel I feel tension for her. It's just ballbusting actually trying to invest yourself in it all when the trend the past few years is "it comes back for 10 chapters then goes on hiatus for a long and unspecified amount of time". Hell we got 20 chapters last year but it's been almost 8 months since the last chapter came out and we still have no announcement of a return date and even when it does eventually return, it's almost set in stone at this point that it's only going to be 10 chapters.

Attached: theta44.jpg (406x504, 56K)

>Why is the best Shonen that isnt on hiatus fucking Black Clover
It's not ? The whole elf arc was a complete clusterfuck and the power levels are all over the place. You can't unironically enjoy that garbage.

Reminds me of the time when I was a Wanpis fag and used to falseflag and shitpost on OP threads to get people to shit on HxH.

Ended up reading HxH later on and became a full fledged hunterchad
HOW WAS I SO WRONG BROS?
WHY IS HxH SO BASED?

Attached: hisokahxh.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

I miss Gon. I wish Leorio was getting more panel time. I really want to see his romance with Cheadle.

Anyone who ever falseflagged at any point in their life is a fucking loser.

You must really have low standards for the characters you emotionally invest youself in to fell tension when reading about Theta, nosey bitch who made it her business to interfere with Tserriednich's development and Fuu/Kacho who has a incredibly genetic sibling relationship and have amoungst the lowest chance to realistically be kings of kakin.

>t. Brainlet
The arc is great

>WHY IS HxH SO BASED?

Togashi brings fresh material and unique idea's with every arc. The series also doesn't really have a power creep like almost every other shonen either. The protagonists often fall short of meeting their goals or actually lose a lot but it's never really unsatisfying. Not to say it's the best thing ever to lose but, it was fun to watch Gon be weak often but find ways to keep up with his opponents or get put in his place by characters that he shouldn't be able to beat, it's just not typical to see a shonen MC be so mediocre in their own world instead of being the strongest ever who always comes out on top

Attached: 1546968431956.png (591x600, 593K)

>it's totally not the same dumbass shonen rivalry thread hijack it always is because nobody mentioned the other shows...yet

>Hating a manga without ever reading it.

If you enjoy the following manga:
>Gash Bell
>HxH
>World Trigger
>Dr. Stone
>JoJo
you're chadly

If I did have to rate HxH though I'd give it a 7.5 or 8/10 just because it's so fucking slow with its release schedule. Other shonen mangaka have to meet deadlines and don't have nearly enough time to work on their story or arc structures and characters like Togashi does, meanwhile Togashi has all the time in the world to write for HxH but he really does the bare minimum in chapter releases to the point where it feels like he's not trying at all. I cant blame him for not wanting to work when he's already rich and basically completed 2 huge series, but it seems like he really doesn't care to put time into the manga and maybe he has lost passion for the series but still does at least a volume every year just because of the fans

Attached: 1538775405876.jpg (700x806, 281K)

>Theta, nosey bitch who made it her business to interfere with Tserriednich's development

I mean, she was in an unfortunate position from the getgo and has to stick around Captain Evil and his demonic ass nen beasts just because it's her job

>Fuu/Kacho who has a incredibly genetic sibling relationship and have amoungst the lowest chance to realistically be kings of kakin

Which is why they tried to escape and risked their lives to do so and 1 of them dies anyways and the other one is stuck in the middle of a battle royale that they want no part in

>Responds with random non sequiturs about shit that's on his mind
>Pretends it was about that all along

Actually bro, I was referring to all the huntards sperging out and making fools of themselves in this thread.

Next time don't reply if you don't have anything relevant to respond with.

>>Boruto: who has ever cared to begin with
Maybe if you fags actually try to read it and not shitpost about it all day, you guys would really like it because its pretty good.

Why doesn't he just hire someone else to do the art?

>finally gets a series to fill the shoes of HxH
>cancel is because it couldn't sell millions on their first fucking volume
WSJ is just surviving from his status of monopoly right?

Attached: chad notes.jpg (600x875, 122K)

That's splitting the credit. Less money and fame for himself.

SnK is genuinely kino. It started off as a typical shonen and seamlessly introduced themes of nationalism, racism, and war. I never imagined SnK would make me seriously think about real-world topics but here we are.

I don't even hate Black Clover but how did it get any sort of popularity and fanbase? Even if it grew into its own and got better, the starting arcs are some of the worst, most cliched, rushed shit I've ever read. Were people really just that desperate for something to try and kill Hero Academia? I've enjoyed following BC but it'll always piss me off that Hungry Joker got axed but somehow BC stuck around.

He's not getting any more money and fame when he's not drawing anything. I hear tosh will be free soon.

niggers love BC

This arc was more fun when we got to see more Ging and pariston desu, after a while it just became text with nothing important to say

Haha fucking dorks
I'll just sit here and read my Chad seinen monthly mangas in my comfy threads because I'm not a fucking dork

Noah's Notes couldn't even get a humble 20,000 in sales if I recall correctly, so why should WSJ on to space wasters that a few people liked and not seek other series that are more profitable?

>kino
Brainlet detected.

Outside of the rabid fanboy, and handful of notable people that gives him occassional shoutouts he literally the crippled faggot that people rag on for being a responsibility dodging asshole and nothing more.

Things went down hill when the author turned it into generic battle shonen.

Kids watch the same shit because they have bad memory retard.

>Hasn't even finished a single arc since the ending of the 2011 anime
What's annoying is it doesn't feel like HxH is anywhere ending yet we have to wait like 6+ years for a fucking arc to get finished. Is the DC arc at least nearly over?

It wouldn't be this good if it was a normal weekly manga.
Togashi who is still a lazy fuck, wouldn't be able to plan ahead as much as he did.
He would probably have periods of not knowing what to do and just do dumb shoehorned arcs.
The Hiatus is a blessing and a curse.

togashi paid his dues. He finished YYH and basically finished HxH with the end of the election arc. Now HxH is just bonus content

No, we're on the succession war boat arc and during the last run of chapters Togashi made an author comment saying something like "the structure for this arc is finished but it's going to take a long time to finish". Dark Continent arc hasn't even started

is that a sign that he will speed up the breaks in between or output more chapters per batch? because at this rate there is no way for him to finish the dark continent arc let alone the manga.

well last year there was optimism because Togashi put out 20 chapters last year, the most chapters in a single year since the end of 2011/start of 2012 but, this year we haven't got a single chapter or announcement of a return date. Technically it's still possible to do another 20 chapters by the end of the year but I think we'd be lucky to even get 10 at this point. 10 more chapters would push HxH up to an even 400 chapters though so that's kind of a milestone in itself

Attached: 1cce4c4f4370963f1c4197571bc7834a.jpg (564x483, 50K)

>Togashi put out 20 chapters last year,
I thought it was 10 chapters?

Oh yeah it'll definitely get back to the 2009 numbers in the last arc but the climax of Wano will have to be REALLY good to get to that level too.

na, he put out 10 chapters at the start of the year, took a 4-5 month hiatus then put out another 10 before the end of the year. After that short hiatus hxh fans though we'd see another short hiatus but now it's been like 7 months

Characters always got split up in One Piece arcs, take off the nostalgia glasses please

One Punch Man is the best shonen right now

Attached: 1584931950978.jpg (850x842, 352K)

dropped at the start, came back to watch the anime because i liked the op/ed, went for the manga because its better looking, stayed for best girls and because its fun
its not good, its just fun

What the fuck is the point of the Succession arc?

Generic shit is generic because it sells well. Same thing happened to isekais where every author and their grandma cashed in on the hype. BC's author was told by his editor that Hungry Joker was not something for Shonen Jump so he went the generic route instead

Based Saitatsu poster

It's fun for autist like me who get a genuine kick out of what would be the legal and political consequences of stand abilities and calling the cops on people for charging a kamehameha in the next room.

If it's for you, it's very much the best HxH arc yet

I'm sure we'll find out eventually. Keep in mind that Succession War arc was set-up shortly after the Hunter Association decided to even go to the dark continent and before hisoka vs chrollo, it's not like it came out of nowhere and I guess Togashi didn't want to do a time-skip on the 3 month boat ride

How is the succession war arc "generic"? Can you guess what's going to happen on this arc or have any idea what direction it's heading in? Generic typically means formulaic and predictable but there's none of that going on in this arc

Attached: 2o0fe9ahyzyy.jpg (3024x4032, 1.31M)

my bad, misread who you replied to

Do people actually hate Wano? I thought it was translation fags because Wano has characters speaking in a entirely different ways that's a bit harder to say in English.

Its just people thinking about other hatsus.

So far it's better than every major arc after the time skip with only WCI in contention. They probably just hate the series in general.

OPM is seinen not shonen

You guys are forgetting who is the actual king of shonens: SnK
>not even a yatus in 10 years of publication
>great character development
>have delivered such a majestic arc as "marley arc"
>good and well built plot twists
>is the only manga able to stand against HXH and Berserk.

Attached: 1557384719012.png (702x580, 414K)

No really how does it advance the main plot? When will Togashi end this shitpile?

Attached: Hiatus comparison.gif (1250x576, 65K)

youtube.com/watch?v=pUDUK-yvwQs

It's funny because Togashi doens't even have the time to put out his standard two volumes a year now with a lengthy hiatus in between.

kek

Attached: 1461252644868.png (640x480, 450K)

Not entirely true, its classic information warfare contained within 1 floor of a building. Within only 30 chapters alone we have characters making plays on one another constantly, prince's are dying, people are forced to plan and counter-plan to outmanuever the other, putting their lives on the line if not outright sacrificing themselves for mere slivers of information. Information that may provide only the slightest of advantage over the other. Add in the fact that's it's only getting started and the interplay of nen and traditional political power structures interesting and the result is compelling stuff if you ask me, I'm glad Togashi even bothers wasting his talent on shonen manga.

huntershits need to face the music. Togashi will retire and leave all these shitposting pseduo-intellectual tards shitting the bed when their ToGODshi is just as uninspired as half of the fandoms they hate on.

>I'm glad Togashi even bothers wasting his talent on shonen manga.
Considering he rarely wastes it anymore and everyone else would expect a constant output, he's lucky.

Wow that sounds like something that belongs in a non shonen manga. I repeat what the fuck is the point how does this change the status quo?

HxH should have ended with Gon no one cares about Kura Gary Stue.

Who says it has to change the status quo? I'm not the fan who gets hyped up about all the shit that's not here yet(Dark contient, beyond yadda yadda) I'm very much hyped over what I have currently instead. Because what I have in front of me right now is a very unique and entertaining manga arc unlike any other.

Good thing Kurapika isn't the only person on the boat. Gon and Kurapika were never my favorite characters anyways and Pika hasn't really been all that active lately other than holed up in some room teaching nen to people

One Piece is dying

Attached: 1559430421270.png (1217x795, 65K)

Fuck off back to your /pol/ threads faggot. No one cares about your racism.

Learn how to read Cletus.

Neither had Leorio. That fool doesn’t even has his own arc yet.

More like the fans are dying of old age.

Paid his dues my ass, YYH was on a downward spiral to shitsville during Chapter Black and had an abysmal ending, and though HxH is the more interesting series, has been inconsistent as all fuck throughout the past 21 years and owns his entire fanbase a satisfying conclusion to this series for putting up with the constantly stomaching his bullshit and making excuses for that faggot.

This is how it will ends for Hisoka

>Hisoka reveals that the death stunt did a number on his body and he can keep going just long enough to finish his business with Chrollo
>Hisoka missed the boat
>the boat comes back and Hisoka discovers all of the spiders and Illumi were all slaughtered
>in a fit of frustration, he decides to have his final battle with Gon
>"lol, no nen"
>Hisoka just walks into the woods, while the narrator says that nobody knows what happened to him after that

Attached: 980DB9F7-986A-4FBB-BF10-C2570F06F08B.jpg (962x749, 90K)

HeroAca and OP are still good. Neverland is pretty fun too. OPM is technically a seinen but it reads like shounen and is only good for pretty pictures right now. HxH is still getting overhyped for no particular reason. Everything else falls into "why should I even care?" category.