Garou General

Can we discuss Garou's reasons behind his dislike of heroes or, more specifically, the hero culture and worshiping?

What I take from the webcomic is this: Garou hates the fact that popularity/good looks or public conception of what is "good" is considered "heroic". And that anything else is "bad" and must be defeated.

However, I dont think the whole thing is properly fleshed out.

Attached: garou.jpg (323x323, 32K)

Soon

Attached: Boros vs Garou.jpg (1008x648, 323K)

Mob psycho 100 > one joke man

Garou was the one prophesied to give Boros a good fight right?

Yes. You couldn't possibly call his fight with Saitama satisfying, after all.

Garou is a literal joke, an spastic with too much strength on his hands.

Attached: 00.jpg (600x848, 168K)

Retard Garou fag. When you make an opm thread title it opm.

He's just a bullied kid who sees monsters are bullied kids and heroes being bullies, he don't have any complex motives or reasoning behind his actions, just a childlish trauma.
Though heroes are shit indeed, they are corrupted and arrogant, most heroes can't do shit as majority of them are goofy loonies.

underdog complex

>unironically posting in a thread with G word in it
how low opm fags have fallen

>Garou hates the fact that popularity/good looks or public conception of what is "good" is considered "heroic". And that anything else is "bad" and must be defeated.
That's about it. He got beat up as a kid and forced to play the monster, so he associated his circumstances with the idea of a monster and went from there.

He doesn't have a grand motive. He's just a man-child who was strong enough to back up his bullshit with his fists.

>not fleshed out
>OP is dumb
It couldn't be more fleshed out if ONE busted his nutsack in the process.
You couldn't have gotten that from either the webcomic or the manga. In both versions he clearly had an affinity for villains in the story/tv because as he said "they fight alone and are honorable, they are strong and determined in their cause which usually has noble intentions behind it". Heroes had a cheap depiction and their win was determined by deus ex machina of general popularity, not actual competence.
Good looks had nothing to do with anything, it was just one of the shallow traits that he had a beef with in both stories/tv and in reality/Amai's beauty rants, there was also dishonorable methods of mobbing the villain and other shit. Then you have these opinions indeed mirrored in the OPM's plot where the Gatling team considers dishonorable tactics justifiable and there you go, fleshed out to boot. And ONE even continues to develop scenes like these till the end of the MA arc.
But I mean all of this shit in in both versions, stop playing dumb.

OP is an obvious falseflagger and the resident autist screeching "garoufags" in every thread. Thus the general in the title.

Samefagging or famalam, it's getting old you embarasing faggot.

The fuck is your problem

Attached: Untitled.png (475x174, 6K)

He just empathized with monsters and bad guys because they always lost to heroes and justice. He thought monsters and villains had the underdog edge that heroes didn't have.

who knows how the prophecy worked. Boros needs less than a week to kill everyone on earth based on Geryu. That doesn't leave the time for Garou to get to his monster form.

Boros was told the prophecy 20 years ago. Coincidentally, at the time, Blast saved kid Tatsumaki.

The power gaps in OPM are so wide that there are tons of underdogs from both sides, funnily enough.

you do realise that garou's entire evolution up to the end of the MA raid took like a little over a week right?

And Garou was never exposed to any of that in his entire life ironically enough. And by the time he saw a few heroic underdogs he had all ready made up his mind on how to view heroes.

Yes. Like you said, over a week. Combined with the fact that Garou didn't start his hunt right away, there was at least one week of gap because of Bofoy remaking A city, so over 2 weeks between Boros arriving and Garou getting to his top level.

Unfortunately he can't plot armor his way into surviving literal aliens who have no scruples destroying an entire city in a matter of seconds. Garou only ramps up because he's conveniently left alive after a number of his encounters that otherwise would have been fatal. The rest is him growing mid-combat against opponents of relatively the same caliber.

>General

The bullying twisted his views on heroes and monsters and then he took the easy path by being a "monster" until Saitama slapped his shit and showed him that he really wanted to be a hero all along

Correction: Garou empathized with an individual fighting against a gang. The individual who strives to act on his own volition is the underdog. He felt for the monster who fought alone against hordes of people.
He hates MA, a monster group, because they act no different from any other stereotypical gang.

What's the best fanart of Awakened Garou that you found?

funnily enough both the HA and MA sucks at teamwork for the most part (there are exceptions, of course. Like Gatling and Psykos).

Exactly this. He's got the Individual vs the Herd mindset.

This obviously.

"no bulli pls"

Garou is just a child, smashing things he don't like

Garou is pretty relatable but his portrayal is a bit off.
Consider this. Harvey Weinstein is considered a bad person and the roasties accusing him are considered heroic. This is how most of the world sees things as.
Then there are us on the other side of spectrum who wants to give Harvey a benefit of doubt. There were people like JLaw who went to actually sleep with him to land bib bucks.
I'm not saying Harvey is purely innocent. It's just the #meToo crowd is a part and parcel of the problem too.

>He's got the Individual vs the Herd mindset.
It's pretty much the essence of Garou's character. The reason why it's downright impossible to imagine him joining any organization.

Attached: 1555550371228.jpg (600x1696, 674K)

he did join Bang's dojo for some times.

>Harder, better, faster, stronger, bigger, thicker neck, more respected, bigger harem, leaner, bigger fanbase, higher IQ, Chadder, manlier, better posture, better fighting skills, wiser, more aesthetic, taller, higher deadlift PR, cooler aura, prettier eyes, better teeth, better breath, more charisma, Saitama likes him more, Tatsumaki wants his dick more, goes out with more dignity, delivers a more exciting fight to Saitama, better clothes, more friends, sadder and better background, more money, bigger dick, lasts more in bed, cums more, more canon, higher in polls, higher in power charts, better job, rapes S-classes faster, has better jawline, tanked more punches, more threatening and imposing, better physique, more stamina, manlier voice, better health, older, more successful, benches more, scares Shibabawa more, gets more praise by Saitama, pumps out more content, better person, more charitable, more fanart, more shitposting OC

THAN GAROU THE HERO JOBBER

Attached: Boros_hits_saitama_head.jpg (983x1105, 435K)

Only for learning martial arts and nothing more. Kicked everyone's ass in the end so you're wrong.

And then Garou left because he realized he can train and learn stuff on his own.

>this post
I didn't know such autism was possible.

You said it's impossible for him to join an organization. This is proving you wrong. He also got attached to Bang so it's not like he's a complete loner who can only be friends with bullied kids.

cope

not gonna lie, on that page he really looked like a monster of the week from power rangers

what if Bang got bullied by his aniki and him acting friendly is just coping with that fact because he's not certain he can beat him?

Boros would crush Garou.

That's another user talking.

I was talking about the future prospect. Garou used Bang's dojo to learn his first martial art and moved on when he got bored there. Garou because of his very essence won't join any organization.

>You said
Forgot to say not him, I'm not who you were replying to originally.
But the first user was still right, joining a school solely for one's own benefit and making 0 nakama while ruining said school when finished with it is not joining an organisation. He joined no cause, teamed up with no one, took up no projects or group ventures, accepted no philosophy or group cause, only came to benefit from it's martial art teachings. It's incomparable and he wasn't part of anything, he was only under the same teacher with the rest of those losers.

Attached: the frends we made along the way.jpg (839x932, 197K)

false, boros and garou could never fight
the two of them in the same place would cause some kind of critical mass reaction of testosterone resulting in an explosion of manliness far more devastating than even collapsing star roaring cannon

>2019
>borosfags
My sides.

Daily reminder:
>Q: How about kicking to Mars during Garou arc?
>Murata: (Laugh) That's doesn't sound bad, each battle has to be more shocking than the previous one. Anyway I already have few of the scenes set up in my mind.

Attached: Murata stream.jpg (621x68, 36K)

cope

Borosfags are as dead as Boros himself.

I legit can't wait for whole volumes of Garou and Saitama fighting.

Attached: 1555797370222.png (800x500, 219K)

That's actually a mistranslation. What Murata really said was not
>(Laugh) That's doesn't sound bad
It was
>(Laugh) That's sounds terrible you inbred bastard

True, ONE put too much emphasis on the lone wolf concept.

Attached: 37449875.jpg (744x1053, 285K)

Nope, unfortunately for you, that translation is correct. Stop coping and face the inevitable.

I'm not gay but I'd fuck Garou

>he uses his black magic kung fu and your dick slips into your own ass
wdyd?

We know, Murata, we know.

yell "H-HE'S FAST!"

>transforms into a monster
>still wearing those dorky sneakers
Can't believe it took me years to notice that.

that was the whole point of that panel, how dumb are you?

It's quite simple. You know how a character like Gon from HxH or just any child usually has a neutral and open view of the world? Well, as a kid Garou hadn't formed an opinion on anything, so monsters of heroes were neutral to him, but the way everyone treated monsters and how the heroes essentially bullied the monsters made him think that the heroes were the bad guy for bullying, and that the monsters that always got defeated and were hunted were the true underdog.

This way of thinking is what makes him so compelling as a character. He's the protagonist at some points due to this way of thinking. If it weren't for the fact that he's so objectively picking a side based on who's getting treated unfairly he'd just be another whackjob, but he's got a sense of right and wrong that most people can agree with.

No, you retard.

How the fuck did you jump from Garou to Harvey Weinstein? Are you a /pol/ immigrant?

>Implying Garou wouldn’t be reduced to a simple “Fight me, Saitama!” faggot like Sonic
It is pretty much confirmed given his ending in the webcomic.

god i hate this kind of drawing, does it hurt to do 5 extra minutes of shading, literally just fucking scribbling over what you've just drawn is so fucking fucking retarded fuck

No, the exact opposite was confirmed since Garou's character arc strongly relied on the connection he personally developed with Tareo. Garou doesn't give a damn about Saitama whatsoever.

Who cares about Kekrou anymore lol?
He's old news

Attached: Training.png (724x394, 371K)

Attached: 05.png (800x1257, 129K)

Attached: 311.png (800x1150, 187K)

There it is, his motives for you speed readers.

Attached: 321.png (800x1150, 298K)

An extra freebie for you guys.

Attached: 08 (1).png (800x1150, 271K)

I fucking love that some of OPM's most memorable heroic moments belong to a villain. ONE is based.

Attached: tfw ocean protected.png (624x7803, 3.87M)

i still don't really understand why his sclera turned fully red and then stayed that way for multiple days. i know something like that can happen irl but its never fully red and shouldnt last that long

>Borosfags are as dead as Boros himself.
And yet they live rent free in your tiny little head.

Speedreader, not even a day has passed since Garou's eye got bloodshot. He fought Bang and co. in the morning, went to rescue Tareo from MA's base in the evening on the same day.

>belong to a villain
But Garou's ALWAYS been a hero too tsundere for heroes to admit that he's always been acting as hero to underdogs and people who don't have the power to murder their way to victory, like all the other "real heroes." His self-classification has always been an ass-headed wrong lie he keeps spouting, as Saitama points out.

I know right

Attached: 1558988111179.jpg (1600x4534, 3.88M)

>suddenly flashyflash wanking ever since I hyped him up to be better than that faggot atomic
Seems oddly suspicious. It's almost like someone is trying their best to be abnoxious so everyone hates him. Like that faggot who goes around saying mob is better.

Exactly, as stated, saying that he's a vilain is not understanding his point and why he says he's a vilain. Read the original manga for his actual thought about this vilain claim.
In the scan you're showing he's litteraly being hero like, learning to take bullets he knew he couldn't take just because a kid was behind him.

I don't get why people pointing out Garou saved one kid somehow invalidates all the rest of his actions and statements. At the absolute best he's an anti-villain since he does want to bring peace to the world. He just has the absolute worst way of wanting to accomplish this through his reign of terror. Saitama doesn't say Garou was heroic nor that he was a hero. He just says that Garou wanted to be a hero but chose the easier option which is being a monster since the means of being a monster is much simplier; just keep fighting heroes.

Removing all titles, Garou does one good thing for one person and wreaks havoc and chaos onto every other person he meets.

That doesn't invalidate anything, I'm not even saying he's a hero. he's threatening to kill a kid in the end of the webcomic. He's not a vilain that's all I'm saying. He's an anti-hero in my book, he's the hero killer in BNH.

His philosophy is that heroes are selling make believe justice, they "act" they don't live the way they praise the hero ideal. (That's exactly why he's so pissed at Saitama, a hero for fun) He doesn't disregard the idea of being a hero, he values it so much that he feels deceived by what the world is having as heroes.

Technically Garou is a villain, user. An anti-vilain, okay.

I just think it's superb that a "villainous" character displays some of the most memorable heroic moments in the series. It's entertaining writing.

>He's an anti-hero in my book
I'm saying even that doesn't apply to him. An anti-hero is a character who does good things but lacks the "normal" heroic traits. Garou doesn't lack these because he's an idealistic individual, courageous, charasmatic, etc. The punisher is an example of this because he only targets the bad guys, but he doesn't utilize mercy or restraint while doing so and he's not ashamed to kill a bad guy which depending on the era is not typical of a hero.

Garou is an anti-villain or more specifically a well intentioned extremist. He wants to change the world but is fully committed to doing so through means that are neither heroic in the moral sense, nor heroic in the sense of the story.

BUMP

How are manga fags anticipating the Garou vs Saitama fight?