Is it worth to watch this just for her?

Is it worth to watch this just for her?

Attached: zero two6876.jpg (750x988, 109K)

Other urls found in this thread:

myfigurecollection.net/item/806203
web.archive.org/web/20180524170929/https://myanimelist.net/anime/35849/Darling_in_the_FranXX
youtube.com/watch?v=vgKTjanbIzg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes, go for it

You tell me

Attached: image.jpg (2250x4000, 665K)

If you care at all about her you specifically shouldn't watch it.

no, after the first few episodes you'll start to hate her
cute on the outside, massive cunt on the inside

Attached: zerotsu3.gif (440x383, 901K)

yes

>t. bitchigofag

No. She dies in a dumb way anyway.

I have the same problem as you. On one hand, the characters look great and the romance webms posted here are absolutely perfect. On the other hand the plot seems dumb even by anime standards.

Attached: 1552510826215.webm (1920x1080, 2.92M)

bitchigo can suck a wet fart out of my asshole

Attached: zerotsu2.gif (620x351, 718K)

She really isn't, though.

>pinkshit
Hahaha, no.

my dick

Attached: 216bfe474738a5f82b36a1e554e75de7.jpg (684x1000, 233K)

If you were already watching DiTF, it might be worth to continue doing so for that reason.
But the occasional cute romance moment is not worth subjecting yourself to Darling in the FranXX to. It's essentially side-material, anyway.

Attached: 1530821607026.webm (1280x720, 2.97M)

God, the subtitling here was awful.

This artist has pretty bad sameface

Yup. Basically the same girl in cosplay, time and time again.

Well duh, it's anime.

Attached: image.jpg (677x950, 57K)

Attached: image.jpg (1090x1500, 229K)

Yeah but the last few episodes ruin it.

Attached: __zero_two_darling_in_the_franxx_drawn_by_j_adsen__fcc45edecaed38cf4cfb3c5055b553c4.jpg (1680x1036, 295K)

Attached: image.png (1002x1500, 904K)

have sex

No, but it's worth watching if you're not a plotfag/brainlet.

Attached: image.gif (319x476, 1.08M)

Only the episodes before she goes full retard.

Attached: Jacket.jpg (1094x1920, 136K)

Attached: image.jpg (692x960, 75K)

Attached: image.jpg (2566x3978, 1.05M)

Attached: image.jpg (1046x1900, 1.63M)

I think the japs have figured out the perfect recipe for a female
You literally could not make her more attractive

Attached: 1557433254946.png (800x1163, 914K)

>plotfag
We're at this point, huh?

Would be better if she didn't have a terminal case of explosions.

"plotfag" is just a shitposter contrarian baiting term

So up to episode 21, right?

Would be better if she had DINO BABIES

My dino wife can't be this fashionable!

Attached: 1525282744869.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

Naturally. But Nishigori is a hack.

Attached: zerotwoareyouwell.jpg (640x645, 445K)

Shush. The dead can't speak, Hiro.

No. Its a show that goes from bad to complete shit. Zero two is an annoying bitch who only exists to be boner inducing waifu bait for horny 15 year olds with no standards

Yes, specifically for her.

Attached: image.jpg (400x400, 24K)

You must be very popular with the girls.

Don't pretend she didn't have three daughters.

Not really and she dies at the end

no, the anime is a piece of shit and it gets worse halfway through, dont bother, just masturbate to her and be done with it.

>who only exists to be boner inducing waifu bait for horny 15 year olds with no standards
In that case, wouldn't she end up with Mitsuru, or alone?
FranXX did go to complete shit, though. It had some ideas that could have been nice if Nishigori and the other people in charge of the writing weren't so incompetent.

She should have.

Attached: image.png (768x768, 201K)

Why are there so many lewds of her?

That's what I've been doing ever since the anime came out. Probably cummed more than a hundred times to her domming Hiro.

Attached: b24478d3fdc493ba24fb42a0f1936469.jpg (750x1000, 691K)

On that note- anybody have that art user made of Zero Two's children?

Attached: 1559812495381.jpg (1028x1221, 237K)

/thread

The start of the anime was rocky, the middle was fucking stellar, and the ending was a flaming heap of trash.

Nah.

Attached: YanDaughter.jpg (830x750, 149K)

Because she's attractive and lewd/salacious in the beginning.
Personally, I don't actually like hardcore NSFW art of her, since Zero Two belongs to Hiro, but I can get why, especially earlier on, she had a lot of lewd art made of her.

Thanks, mixed signal-user.

Attached: 1520658466222.jpg (1280x538, 119K)

F L U F F Y
That artist does/did God's work. I just haven't kept up since I try to avoid most FranXX threads like the plague.

Because she's a hot anime girl.

>Zero two is an annoying bitch who only exists to be boner inducing waifu bait for horny 15 year olds...
I'll have you know i'm 32, user.

Attached: 1559848672814.jpg (848x1200, 242K)

Why is Nishigori a soulless fat slob?

Attached: 1530129413061.jpg (797x885, 96K)

Heterochromia horns are cute by the way.

Because he's insecure and needs to ruin people's hopes to feel better.

They also brutally murdered this cute, tortured little imp.

Attached: 1523310899675.jpg (600x425, 70K)

No.

Attached: IkunoKneadingDough.jpg (1056x1134, 188K)

Then put her on merch.

Attached: heartless.jpg (1024x512, 79K)

Why is a grumpy Ikuno eating a banana?
Any links to galleries or what have you?

Attached: 1525530399199.gif (432x494, 164K)

I thought Naomi was a girl.

This is why I can never fully reconcile with how the show ended. No justice.

That's what you get for assuming someone's gender.

All their lives sucked, but Zero Two's life sucked most of all.
Was created, tortured day in, day out. Got to feel like a respected being for a few hours, then had her mind wiped, smashed herself against a wall to remember the only person that treated her well, then spends the next few years searching for him while having to fight monsters and being reviled by other people her age, even before she created a reputation for herself.
Then after years, she finally finds her Darling after a bunch of drama and nearly killing him, she has maybe a month or so to enjoy with him, then dies in space to save humans like the ones that despised her.
Maybe 2% of her life has been happiness. The other 98% was being tortured, treated like a labrat and having humans call her a monster and isolate her.

I apologize.

>Ikuno will never jerk you off while giving you that look
Why live.

Attached: 1524148344217.png (1200x1200, 279K)

Got them.

Watch until episode 15 to keep good memories of that trainwreck. After this she turned into moeblob and other shit involving ALIENS happenned.

Zero Two being sweet, kind and somewhat motherly is literally in no way bad.
It only really turns to shit when the blank former-edgelord with no motivation of his own and the girl whose only aspirations are to have children and become a leech get a huge portion of the focus, the aliens appear and the Princess of the Klaxosaur is reduced to a quest NPC.

Definitely this.
They got gold in their hands but they decided to fuck up everything, backpedaling about the initial message of the anime, and thinking the unpalatable morale "muh reincarnation is fine" was a good idea.

She looks like she was just trying to eat her cereal but somebody dropped on to the table in front of her and demanded.. uh- service.

I mean, the idea of Hiro and 02 being connected, their souls being as one and following each other wherever they may go is nice.
The problem is that this in itself doesn't make for a good conclusion. The actual ending should've been different and they could've hinted at the two of them being eternally fated to meet each other in any subsequent lifetime some other way, without killing them off and having them reincarnate in front of the audience as humans.

They should have kept her psycho trend a little, she was a way too friendly after ep 15.

Literally any other half-decent writer could've used some of the ideas FranXX had to create a great, saccharine love story about child soldiers finding an anchor, something to hold on to in a post-apocalyptic world.
Nishigori is just a next-level hack who couldn't resist a hack's natural compulsion for throwing in a bittersweet ending for the sake of creating fake depth.

How is she not a massive cunt?
She's a selfish, arrogant and self-centered bitch until episode 15 and then after she's magically not that and instead a doormat.

Well, she was never fully healed or anything- she just tried to play the role of lovable mother figure for a little while. She still loathed herself.
I do agree that they shouldn't have skipped over that part of her development, though.
She basically changed from one episode to the other with a tiny flashback.

No
You can masturbate to her without watching her shitfest of a show

>cannon slut who rode hundreds of guys
>belongs to Hiro

It ignores all nuances. Why would she not be a selfish/self-centered bitch? You did see how she was treated, right? And don't give me that "b-because she killed people." Shit. She was being treated like an animal before she ever created a reputation as partner-killer.
Your problem is that you either are unaware of her history or are judging her from your perspective. But your perspective isn't the one of a tortured science experiment halfblood child soldier, so it feels shallow and convenient.

Yes but drop it after episode 15.

Why would she?
The 15 year olds all insert as Hiro because they are too retarded to see how shit of a person he is.

>muh "hundred stamen, maybe even more"
here's your token (You), since you're desperate enough to trot out classical shitposting again.

She would because Mitsuru is more of a self-insert character than Hiro, even if Hiro isn't as proactive as he should be. So if she's really waifu bait for 15 year olds, she should end up with the most blatant self-insert character.
In this case, the guy who did nothing but brood for a while, then turned into a flat piece of cardboard and had a mommy gf beg him to breed her for some reason.

Yes, but not the only reason it's worth watching. Soundtrack is a 10/10 for example.

Attached: Zero.Two.(Darling.in.the.FranXX).full.2251611.png (800x1132, 949K)

>Hiro is a shit person
>Hiro is selfish
>Hiro is crazy
>but also Hiro is a self-insert character
Ok

>shes a massive bitch
>no she's not
>here are examples of why she is one
>b-b-but she has reasons for being a massive bitch

If you move the goalposts any more user we're going to end up playing on a whole different field.

What part of "they don't realize that" do you not understand?

Yes.

Attached: 002.jpg (946x1182, 146K)

I think one of the major problems with her change was the fact that they skipped her entire development. The show thrived on drama, particularly when it revolved around 02, so it's outright insane that they skipped over something as juicy as a broken 02 repairing her relationship with the P13, and Hiro helping her overcome her trauma. She was just magically healed at the start of episode 16, and they only hinted at her mental problems with the zombies and the fact that she couldn't finish the picture book.
Still, even if they had shown her development, that wouldn't fix the fucked up ending.

A bitch is what you call somebody who is bitchy for no reason.
You calling her a bitch ignores that she was essentially like an abused dog when she was a child and an outcast growing up.
My point was that she has a good reason for being what you call "a bitch," and that's because others have treated her horrendously all her life.
If you were constantly mistreated or abused and you lashed out, would you agree with me calling you a bitch? It's really not that hard a point to grasp.

Mitsuru was too angsty to be a proper self-insert.
Whiny angsty teens don't see themselves as whiny, angsty teens.

The part where that rationalization is totally fabricated conveniently by your own mind.

I agree with the first part.
Though, it feels like the second part was unrelated with the first one. Everything they set up initially was simply ignored, therefore it appeared as a samp squib.

In addition, the main belief showcased, which was that Zero Two was fine as a monster, and that children shall fight back against adults was dropped : In the end, they died as soldiers, and "muh Zero Two was finally reincarnated into an human to live her life freely" utterly destroyed one of its appeal.

As I said, 1-15 was kino, but then it slowly started to deteriorate, reaching a point where the end was bitter. I'm a bit gloomy because DitF could have been a decent anime overall ; hopefully I'm still a 02-fag and I keep good memories from shitposting and theories within threads during airing.

I will give you that one.
But post-angsty Mitsuru is literally a self-insert character in its purest form. He makes Hiro look like the most intricate and driven character by comparison.

And you are ignoring that pretty much all the 02fags liked her from the start at which point you had no idea about her past.
The shit in 13 and 14 was just a convenient excuse for them to explain their shit taste retroactively.

*one of her appeal.

Attached: 1545465794241.jpg (1514x1958, 218K)

Maybe but it's too late to back out at that point.
You don't just switch self-inserts halfway through a series. That takes self-reflection and if they had that they wouldn't be self-inserting so hard in the first place.

Neither Hiro nor Zero Two were particularly attached to each other until later on, though. Hiro only realized after episode 6 that he didn't just want to pilot Strelitzia for the sake of being a pilot, but to be with her.
Until then, he at the very least believes that he's only piloting and dealing with the Klaxocancer to be useful to the adults, and even if he dies, he's done his best.

Hiro was also angsty/brooding at the start of Darling in the FranXX, though.
And I won't act like Hiro is an amazingly well-rounded character, but he was at least somewhat proactive (to a point) and knew what he wanted fairly early on. That's not a self-insert character.
Manga Hiro is more like a self-insert character, emphasis on being kissed by Ichigo on the beach and just bumbling like an idiot without really saying what he thinks.

I'm not sure what your point is.

Okay, let's make it easier for the both of us.
During which episodes do you take the most exception to Zero Two's behavior/personality?
Is it 1-6, 7-14 or 15 and beyond?

discussion is good but please also post cute dinos

Attached: 1557958903264.jpg (1076x1200, 152K)

It did start to deteriorate. I can understand that Zero Two didn't just get over her self-loathing by just a kiss from Hiro- something that ingrained could take years to fix.
But the problem isn't in that. The problem is in Zero Two circling back to her old emotional issues, Hiro and Zero Two both dying and giving up all their motivation and aspiration to save humans, and the plot pretending that there's no place on the world for "impure, filthy non-humans."
Even before 15, FranXX had identity issues, but after 15, it didn't even try anymore. Nishigori is a massive hack.

All dinos are cute.

Attached: 1527800408686.jpg (884x567, 49K)

>tfw franxx is dead when it comes to plastic merch
feels bad man, no Hiro to go with my Figuarts Zero Two, or even my Nendoroid.
Not even a white suit Zero Two.

Attached: 1524824545568.jpg (358x405, 56K)

Attached: zerotwohighschool.jpg (1000x1214, 144K)

myfigurecollection.net/item/806203
You said ?

(Already ordered, be sure to use a proxy because it's limited to Japan and some conventions in the US)

Attached: 1525892022487.gif (360x508, 1.62M)

In this case, I meant an SH Figuarts white suit Zero Two, since I have the red suit and it would just be a quick recolor.
Yes, I have the Figuarts and unironically like it. Helps that it has the face that came with Ichigo, though.
But yeah, I'm thinking of getting that statue, too.

there was also that bunny suit Zero Two. I don't know what the status of that one is. And someone on twitter has been working on a custom Dino Hiro figure.

Attached: D6xZOcCUcAEzoK5.jpg (900x1200, 120K)

Based Mitsuru and Serotsu making lots of drama. Especially NTR drama.

>there was also that bunny suit Zero Two. I don't know what the status of that one is.
Amusingly seems to have one of the better Zero Two faces of all the merch she's gotten so far. Too bad I don't like the idea of her in a bunny suit.
>And someone on twitter has been working on a custom Dino Hiro figure.
Fuck, I'm jealous. I don't suppose it's intended for wider distribution?

Attached: Kaneel1558752808.jpg (533x800, 55K)

Hiro is THE quint-essential self insert character. Smart, talented, only hindered because of outside circumstances that weren't his faults, good looking, nice and friendly, totally empathic.
A true otaku of the most refined sort.
That's what all the otaku losershits who watch this show consider themselves to be, instead of being lonely antisocial brooding mediocre loners like Mitsuru. But since Mitsuru is a normal guy who then interacts and opens up to some real girl with real desires, he ultimately prospers and becomes a family guy, whereas Hiro still childishly clings to he's dream waifu toy, and dies with it.

I'm not sure, I think it's just meant to be a one off.

>Is it worth to watch this just for her?

It's pretty much the only reason to watch it.

So you basically a description of something Hiro is not and then said it was Hiro so you could call him a self-insert.
And no, dude. Mitsuru is thousand times the self-insert Hiro could ever be. Literal blank piece of cardboard that a mommy GF throws himself at.

Ye I gear up for preordering the bunny.

I will take her anyway as a fag, and the face is definitely kino.

Damn. We We need more dino Hiro merch- or just Hiro merch at all.

>Smart
Well-read, not a genius.
>Good looking
Pretty generic until 23, with soulless eyes.
>Nice and friendly
But simultaneously also a dumb, suicidal selfishly obsessed waifufag
>Totally empathic
Yeah, the part where he essentially can't connect that well on an emotional level with people he considers brainwashed slaves, the fact that he talked over Ichigo while she was trying to confess to him on the beach and the fact that he essentially was thought to doom Naomi but kind of just shrugs it off for the most part and later gives Zero Two her mirror really paints him as a truly empathic borderline therapist.

someone post 02 with her darling hiddla

>Real girl with real desires.
>Kokoro
When even Hinata from Naruto is a more fleshed out character than you are, you've got problems.

>Blatant Mitsurufag trying to pass his less than one-dimensional wooden dummy character that is loved by another girl for no reasons but outside forces wanting it off as being a realistic portrayal of the average human male with natural and relatable aspirations

Attached: 1520716364262.png (559x636, 207K)

Nobody relevant in the industry will waste time on making merchandise for a generic self insert character like Hiro.

Mitsurufags are diseased.
I won't pretend that any character in FranXX is great, but even among the cast which is mainly mediocre at best, Mitsuru stands out as being particularly generic, boring and without purpose.
No idea how they manage to keep garbling out fanfiction to make their walking piece of cardboard seem relevant and interesting contrary to all evidence.

Attached: delusion.png (743x865, 1.01M)

Attached: 1525833457526.jpg (743x865, 348K)

my wife's show is worth watching even if it turns to shit after 15

Attached: shrine.jpg (2048x1536, 801K)

No, Yuno and Lucy are cooler characters.

>even if it turns to shit after 15
Of course the show is shit after it ends.

Thus, it was a success. As long as fools like you and others are willing to waste their money on waifu paraphernalia, the director did ultimately a good enough job.

Beat it, footfag.

Pose your figuarts better, Hiro.

>Zero Two didn't turn you into a footfag
Disgusting.

>a few guys bought some merch, therefore a shitty show that became a laughing stock did its job
Ok retard

Your fetish is incorrect and revolting. Keep coping

Don't care, virgin.

Have sex.

Have sex.

Was she made for sex?

Watch it up to episode 15. 13 is pure undiluted anime kino, 14 is not but is necessary for the cathartic and cataclysmic events of 15. Up to that point, the direction is thoroughly good with some amazing moments. Every episodes after that gets progressively worse.

Hiro and Zero Two are pretty stellar main characters and carry the entire show. Even after episode 15 when the whole series falls apart at the seems their scenes remain the highlight.

Attached: 1529820560877.jpg (956x1079, 66K)

God, oni just makes that fucking anime but I can't forgive the ending. May they rot in Hell for that garbo finalie.

No.

At least they gave us Blue Princess.

But hell, even in the later half, it's a travesty to what they did to Zero Two. Like, she's just had all the spunk and spice taken out of her after episode 16.

>At least they gave us Blue Princess
That subsequently got turned into a questgiver NPC and then disappeared.

They both could have been better, but they were pretty good. At the very least, their romance makes for a very good template.
Although it only works for characters whose lives are total shit. A saccharine romance like the one they had wouldn't work if they were spoiled kids growing up under normal circumstances.

She's hot and that's all that matters

Attached: 1549119798313.jpg (822x1200, 172K)

Meh. I wish she was more relevant and actually treated well.

I love the artist so much

So my childhood in other words, minus the fighting monsters. I'll give DiTF a wacth then.

Your childhood involved you getting holes blown in your hand to see how well you could regenerate?

That's some next level spoilers fuckface. Way to ruin that for me. Actually i'll leave this thread and start watching so you can't spoil it for me anymore.

I'll pretend to miss you.

Does she like camping?

Attached: darling in the tentzz.jpg (850x567, 163K)

Don't listen to all the hate it gets. Franxx does some things very well. Yes, it's filled with missed opportunities and poorly handled transitions and problems finding an identity, but still, it's one of my favorites of all time. I think most people who intently dislike it went in expecting it to be something it really, really wasn't.

Attached: 1522642181311.gif (268x302, 3.48M)

why is her ass so fat

Someone explained, 25 words or less, why DitF is a bad anime? I can't be fucked reading up on this but I'm curious.

Attached: 1523923696581.jpg (1619x1725, 474K)

You can enjoy her without watching this shitshow. If you really want to watch it only for her, then see episodes 1-7 and 12-15. Rest is irrelevant for 02fags

this show was weirdly popular with girls from my experience

There are many cute moments between Hiro and Zero two even after the 15th episode.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Darling in the FranXX - 21 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_21.42_[2018.07.12_01.35.55].jpg (1920x1080, 698K)

Someone post the hopping dino webm.

Yes, I fucking hate sakimichan
Bet the motherfucker has a face template and he just draws the hair

Awful characters that act like retards or plot devices in the most shittiest mecha stories ever told, full of NTR, drama and QUALITY (complete rip-off)

yeah until their robot turns red then it's not worth it even for her

Attached: 1526341729062.png (1708x918, 2.2M)

if it had ended then and there no one would've complained

Attached: smile and optimism.png (1296x833, 965K)

>no one would've complained
What about Ichigofags, Gorofags, Mitsuru and Kokorofags and all the minority? Their relationships wouldn't have blossomed then

Attached: 35929130_497745520663228_1445257555960922112_n.jpg (1080x793, 50K)

>What about Ichigofags, Gorofags, Mitsuru and Kokorofags and all the minority? Their relationships wouldn't have blossomed then
subhumans can't complain

nobody gives half a shit about those filthy secondaries

Attached: auntie point.png (1440x1440, 942K)

Hir02 is boring shit and so is Mitsukoko. The only characters worth a shit in this series are the ones who are not involved in any kind of romance bullshit

You know, there are different reasons to watch the show. Not everyone watches it for Lala-Lum or guy with the MC haircut #358

you see user, the thing is, she's hot and they're not, so who cares?

Attached: 1524711522322.jpg (1200x1584, 648K)

>she's hot and they're not, so who cares?
>02
Based oni, eat me please .

It's worth watching her just for the show.

Yes just stop watching at episode 14 or 15

up until like episode 18

>used goods
>slut
>discount Asuka
you see user, onifags have shit taste but they don't know it.

I'll give you a pass on the first two as they're subjective but don't you dare compare 02 to that ugly tsundere nazi bitch

Attached: 1523392036041.jpg (1920x1080, 226K)

Nice, I haven't seen that one before.

>hater turns out to be a fatfuck
every single time

Attached: zorome laugh.jpg (540x304, 19K)

>discount asuka
is this the legendary Asukafag character analysis I've heard so much about?

Attached: Rei window.png (873x761, 258K)

I hate this artist so much. Everyone she draws look like a slut.

Nope

Absolutely

So easy money earned from horny teenagers

Female artists are usually prone to sameface

As bad as the ending was their love was still beautiful and Zero two got to be happy. That felt good.
I feel sameface is often some catchall complaint people slap onto artists when they lack any criticism or the skills to determine quality to form criticism.

Attached: zeruwu tuwu.jpg (1920x1080, 278K)

If you're a beta cuck who dreams about a naked teenager emerging from a lake to kiss you, maybe you'll like it.
The doggy style piloting is funny but it doesn't justify watching this double season shit show.

It is, doesn't describe faces exactly per se but style and expression. Eyes are all drawn similarly, poses, body types, all just a bit too similar to one another.

Attached: eiko wtf.png (925x877, 1.04M)

fpbp

Checked, but fuck off

Absolutely not

This

Just go look up hentai of her

Don't watch it! It's another overrated garbage.

>one of the most hated on and criticized anime on the board
>overrated

Matting press 02 is the best.

Attached: 8.jpg (1280x1817, 615K)

Any kind of positive attention this show gets is unwarranted.

kneejerking is for the childish and the low IQ

It is. Watch the show until episode 18 and then just stop and just assume everything goes to shit after because it does.

Getting shit on by the overgrown, angsty children that have taken over Yea Forums is the biggest compliment a show can get.

Anime with an identity crisis, with mostly garbage characters that ends on a bittersweet/bitter note because the director was a hack who thought it would add depth to his shitty story.
Said hack also proclaimed that the few good parts that DiTF had were coincidental.

Such as what?
A story that goes nowhere? Shittily animated mecha fights which are a backdrop at best?

>onifags
Hahaha.

>and Zero two got to be happy. That felt good.
Yeah, for all of like a month and a few weeks in total compared to years of abuse and isolation.
Nishigori is soulless.

And getting rhetorically defended by the contrarian shitposter section of Yea Forums is the biggest indictment.

>the contrarian shitposter section
That would be the hater part, as most people liked the show

>most people liked the show
Ha ha ha.

They did. Not people on this board, but people in general liked the show.

Scary part is this is almost canon.

If you have to resort to subjectivism to defend this show, you know it's garbage. And most people defending it have to.
The contrarians here that defend it to get (You)s like you are can only resort to calling people plotfags or whatever.

Delusional.

ok user. Whatever you say.

Attached: 002 frills.jpg (1383x1376, 434K)

No it isn't.

>for her
Great design, shit personality. You're better off not watching it if you want to fap to her.

As for the series itself ... well, if you don't care much for good or coherent writing, go for it. It's flashy enough to keep you entertained if you switch your brain off.

Zero Two is ugly

Attached: 1518883485662.jpg (1440x810, 128K)

ditfuh shouldve just been a slice of life mechaW40k with a tkmiz ending
story is for shounenbabbies

Her personality is fine.

Cease.

Attached: 1530899853995.png (1773x1080, 773K)

Why? Do you enjoy the fictional girl you love have a crush on an other man and then proceed to romance and fuck him? I don't get why so many people have NTR fetish. Very pathetic and sad!

Just fap my man

But Hiro and Zero Two didn't fuck.
They should've, but they didn't.
And then they died in space for reasons.

>They should've
See. You are an NTR loser.

Any "female" that can't give birth to children should just die alone in space.
Go away, serotsu.

Just read her doujin OP, more satisfying than her shitshow.

Attached: 0000.jpg (1280x1810, 243K)

This is cliche, but read the manga instead. The manga is about ten times better than the series is.

No, I just don't want to fuck Zero Two.
I liked their love story, not her tits.

The manga barely features Zero Two or Hiro now and is just as aimlessly dawdling about and trimming off all the good things and keeping the fat as the anime is.

Sorry, could you rewrite that in the English language?

It's fairly implied that they did fuck during the time they stayed together in the same room. However, yes, it is a bit of a letdown for two side characters to have on-screen sex, while the two main chatacters get (admittedly, a lot) of cutesy togetherness but no on-screen dinobaby making. At the same time, that could've been an extremely depressing topic, since she is barren.

I don't know. All this just cames back to the fact that it was meant to be a melancholy, tragic journey from the start. Why do people look for Gurren Lagann or Geass in this? The show is not them.

Attached: 1530691077235.png (339x288, 127K)

>by the contrarian shitposter
That's the same group, you fucking retard. It can't both be an indictment and a compliment.

I did. It's not my fault that your reading comprehension is total garbage.
But yes, I'll rewrite that in a more succint manner: the manga is shit.

The people giving FranXX the shit it is due aren't the contrarian shitposters and any attempt to claim otherwise is pure deflection.

>NTR fetish
Belive it or not, some people self-insert as that Hiro guy. So they just imagine that 02 is into them ... and wouldn't outright kill them.

Sure thing, contrarian shitposter.

>"this show that is shit, that had no consistent identity, where the director confessed to not planning anything out properly for the second half of it is actually good!!!"
Sure thing, contrarian shitposter.

Just out of idle curiosity, what's rating does Franxx have on MAL or any other mainstream anime website? please, bring the numbers user.

>MAL
Ahaha.
And its rating is just slightly below Guilty Crown.
You know, just another one of those masterpieces.

7.54 on MAL. Where does that actually put it, though? I'm not familiar with MAL's rankings.

>self-insert
The more I think about it, the cringier this sounds. Imagine someone saying it's ok when your gf fucks someone else because you can just self-insert into the guy who does the real self insertion into her pussy. If that is not acceptable then why should it be acceptable to do it with your 2d waifu?

>it's ranked only slightly better than Tokyo Ghoul Root A
Ha ha ha.

That's not the point, the point is that your average Rawhide Kobayashi liked the show
no idea, but i wouldn't expect much from a normalfag site like MAL

Because user, you can't physically have sex with your 2D waifu.

Implied means seeing him or her waking up naked together in bed. Being in the same room drawing pics does not imply sex. It's because they have shown Hiro too shy to grab 02's hand to believe they've been more intimate. Screw the writers.

The plot only starts going off the rails in the last few episodes by which point you have enough affection for the characters stored up to compensate and make it to the finish line without it being a slog

No one liked the show's ending, but the show was absurdly popular during the first cour and up until the last few episodes. The fact that it was the most talked about show last year and turned the entire board on its head, is a testament to how popular it was, and the contrarian shitposters such as yourself only attacked it because it was popular. If it wasn't popular, there wouldn't be any shitposters, because there wouldn't be anyone to antagonize.
Now go back to your Boruto threads or sucking dicks, or whatever you faggots do when you're not dedicating your time to being an obnoxious cunt.

That guy, or at least other people in the thread, were trying to say popular opinion didn't hold Franxx very highly. I _think_ 7.54 is teetering towards a decent rating, judging from other shows, and since MAL is a very normal-friendly site, there is importance in bringing up what the masses actually think.

Disagree. The run time of Darling in the Franxx was essentially just a plane crash, wherein the various pieces that break off before it crashes represent the different groups that started watching it for different reasons.
The people that wanted a good mecha show went first.
Then the people who had hopes that all characters would get some development.
Then the people that wanted an interesting plot.
Then the people who wanted a consistently so-so story.
Then the people who liked Hir02.
What remains after the crash are the remains of people who care about MitsuKoko or just have no standards

The fact that 02 almost reverts to a child-like state, basically adopting the personality that Eo To would have had if she hadn't been subjected to torture, also implies they didn't have sex. Their interactions are portrayed as very naive and innocent.

So that justifies someone else having sex with her? Imagine a real gf being away so you can't have sex with her at the time. Does that justify her fucking someone else? Obviously no. So why should it be any different for a 2d waifu? NTR fags like you are pathetic.

>I _think_ 7.54 is teetering towards a decent rating
The show's rating tanked after the final episode. Before the finale, the show had a rating of around 8.20 I believe, which is very high, and after the final episode, it dropped rapidly because of how they butchered both the show and the two main characters.

You're a literal retard, user.
I watched DiTF. I never said it was unpopular from the get-go. I said it became a laughing stock in the second half of the show, and the fact that the first half was acceptable and at times even good doesn't mitigate that the second half is trash. After the show ended, there was no group left that would try to praise it other than MitsuKokofags, underage normalfags and contrarian shitposters.
You're arguing with a ghost, a strawman. We're arguing about the now, not the then.

It's around the same rating as the Tokyo Ghoul anime adaptation, so you can tell me whether that is a good thing or not.

If that is not acceptable then why should it be acceptable to do it with your 2d waifu?
Don't ask me. I only know that Hiro, with how bland he is, is an ideal self-insert for many insecure otaku. I guess that the fact that he has no personality to speak of contributes to them not seeing him as a rival for her affections.

>7.54 on MAL.
Look through their top-rated things and you'll notice a pattern: 80% pure shit.
So, basically, their ratings mean nothing. But the higher they rate something, the higher the chance it's not worth it.

7.5 is relatively high for them, with the low 8s being the highest some things get. That's easily explainable with how popular it was: The more popular, the higher the ratings on that site (yes, it's that easy).

>Don't ask me. I only know that Hiro, with how bland he is, is an ideal self-insert for many insecure otaku
Doesn't work. A self-insert character barely has motivations or a drive of his own and doesn't explicitly return the affections of a single female character.
Manga Hiro or post-haircut Mitsuru are infinitely more self-inserty.

Waking up together in the same bed is just the very cliche version of it. Implication can be anything, which can be a problem. Honestly, much like many other parts of the show, this one is intentionally left up in the air by a sort of strange Japanese notion that ambiguity is somehow synonymous with depth and an empowering of the story.

Don't get me wrong, I can definitely appreciate throwing things up for interpretation. There can be a pure, sad beauty in forcing the receiver to make dicisions on their own, especially if there are heavy subjects involved. And honestly, I didn't even mind the ambiguity surrounding much of Franxx. But maybe I'm just a fuckin' weirdo. I really wish you all would actually discuss things instead of mindlessly flinging shit at each other, though.

Attached: 1530572753276.jpg (720x720, 64K)

user, this is called a headcanon. I appreciate your wishes, but I don't think it's smart to insist that something that didn't happen did happen just because you wanted it to.

>"it is popular with underage normalfags!" used as a legitimate argument
what happened to Yea Forums

I'm not insisting that it did happen. The only thing I'm insisting on is that it _might_ have happened, with a tendency toward actually happening because of their previous relationship status.

>We're arguing about the now, not the then.
You're actually retarded, aren't you? Franxx was known for the absurd amount of shitposting, even during peak popularity at the end of the first cour. It's the same shitposters who attacked the show then who attack the show now, and who made it almost impossible to have a discussion about the show, just like today. The people who enjoyed it were incredibly disappointed with the ending, and did not start suddenly shitposting about it after it ended. They either talked about how disappointed they were or abandoned it entirely.
It's possible to have fond memories of a show, even if it crashed and burned in the end. Franxx is the very definition of wasted potential, but even if the show had gotten a good ending, the pathetic, underage shitposters who have ruined Yea Forums would still be attacking it in every thread.

web.archive.org/web/20180524170929/https://myanimelist.net/anime/35849/Darling_in_the_FranXX

The show hovered around 8.17-8.20, up until the airing of the final episode. The link above is from late May.

It's a bizarre agument, considering Yea Forums is full of underage normalfags. The threads with the least amount of shitposting are the shounen threads, which generally appeal to underage normalfags.

>Mitsuru
>more self-inserty
That would mean self-inserting into a relationship with a bland bimbo.
No, that's definitely not something anyone would want. I get why people would prefer a pink-haired mass-murderer over that.

>retards who didn't read the thread and can't follow a train of thought for more than one post at a time
what happened to Yea Forums

Different factions of viewers unhooked at different moments. There were people that liked certain parts- ones that liked others and ones that liked both.
But those left after seeing those parts skewered.
Yes, there are contrarian shitposters who defend FranXX after the second half for the sake of (You)s. The fact that there are also shitposters like the Violetfags that tried/try to drag it down regardless doesn't change that.

>The threads with the least amount of shitposting are the shounen threads
in what reality

>The show hovered around 8.17-8.20
Holy shit. Seems it's in the "definite shit" category then and the last episode kinda made it look better by lowering its rating.
Interesting how feeble those MALtards are.

>The threads with the least amount of shitposting are the shounen threads
Bullshit. The threads with the least amount of shitposting are those for currently-airing niche shows, manga chapter dump threads and, of course, Yotsuba threads.

>Yes, there are contrarian shitposters who defend FranXX after the second half for the sake of (You)s.
Based on what I've seen, that's an extremely rare group. There are some people who defend it, but they're the types who think the reincarnation ending was "beautiful".
The shitposters I'm talking about are not the ones who attack the ending, because that's a legitimate complaint and most people seem to make that arugment in good faith, even among actual fans of the show. However, if you look through this thread, you'll notice that the shitposters are attacking the first cour and 02 in particular. It's not about how the show ended, it's the same shitposting we had during the show's run last year.

Well, obviously people aren't going to shitpost about shows that no one knows about or that they're not going to get a reaction out of, because the fanbase is too small. But among things with at least an average amount of popularity, the shounen shit gets the least amount of shitposting.

Yotsuba proves you wrong. (Then again, Yotsuba threads are the only ones where mods enforce the rules against shitposters.)

I was able to find and reupload that vimeo video from episode 13 that used to get spread around these threads a lot: youtube.com/watch?v=vgKTjanbIzg

Attached: 1531432445035.gif (500x280, 1.22M)

cute

Attached: 02 5.png (1631x1077, 714K)

This tbqh

Ever been in a manga thread? If you ever see the term "plotfag"/"brainlet" being used unironically, it's by a contrarian shitposter.
And it was not just the ending of FranXX that sucked. The ending was just the final straw because even the people willing to toss aside their growing unhappiness with the how the story was going for the sake of their Hir02 romance got burned hard by the ending.

Please don't do this. I knew these things before, but seeing it written makes me more sad about her

Attached: eo to.jpg (1920x1080, 196K)

This is one of the worst series' I've ever seen, it basically tricks you into thinking it's going to be mech action and that there'll be a plot soon for 22 fucking episodes, then goes batshit crazy

It remains the most powerful reason why Zero Two's fate (and by extension, Hiro's) was some of the most unfair and undeserved shit ever.
On the out-of-story side of things, it's even worse, with Nishigori or some other person working on DiTF saying shit like "Zero Two couldn't have been happy unless she became a human."
Fuck these people. They had all the elements to make a great show- not a masterpiece, but something enjoyable, and they ruined it with their utter incompetence.

More like this:
"Oh this is a mecha show." -> "Oh this is a character drama show." -> "Oh this is Gurren Lagann ft. Power of Love." -> "Oh this is an unmitigated trainwreck."

You faggots can say what you want but your were sucking this shit up when it came out and you loved it.

The little imp deserved so much better.

>drawfags: gone or fucked off to the discord with bullyposter
>plotfags: suicide
>director: fucked of with the money
>romancefags: destroyed
Still, was a fun ride, beside the horrible fate of the main couple

Attached: 12598065532.jpg (1073x671, 940K)

I know you're shitposting, but:
So-so. There were parts I liked, parts I didn't like; par for the course. There were very few people here that unilaterally praised it, though. More so, people tended to focus on the specific parts that they enjoyed.
For instance, I loved the Hir02 romance parts and the occasional mecha scene, but I loathed stuff like the Zorome episode where he gets lost and pretty much forgets about it, or the aliens, or the fact that Klaxohime was made into nothing but a questgiver who promptly disappeared when she played her role and done her little exposition.
And even if people liked it in the beginning, that doesn't take away that a shoddy second half or even just an ending can sour it entirely. The journey is important, but when the destination is the abyss, then fuck the journey. With FranXX, at least 40% of the journey was shit, if not more.
You can pick and choose stuff you liked and didn't like, but when we're judging Darling in the FranXX as an entire package, the second half weighs the rest down too much. It's clear a better writing team could've used the tools at their disposal to make something much, much better than what we got.

that makes sense, but these cocksuckers acting like they hated the show and everything about it are fucking liars. That's just not how it was.

I don't think so. I am really unhappy with what FranXX ended up being, but I think there were really good elements in there that got squandered.
I still think episode 13 was really good, and 15 was good in its own way too, if that was your thing.
But in the end, I wish somebody else had directed the show- it could have been so much more than it was.

Fanfic-tier writing
Horrible pacing
Horrible characters
Had potential but a few episodes in the director got drunk as fuck and decided to shit on it even more

What a disaster

>The journey is important, but when the destination is the abyss, then fuck the journey.
Well, within the narrative, it was bad enough; the twist and the ending didn't make sense and were uninspired and disappointing. But it's even worse on a meta-narrative level, as there isn't one.
When you ask the question: "What was it all about? What themes were there? Any message from it all? What did it all point to? Was there any meaning or endpoint to the story?" ... and can come up with nothing, no matter how hard you try. That's what's really damning about the writing of this series.

The twist worked like "we added aliens in Kill La Kill, so why not add them here too, maybe it will work"

>episode 13
That was the great point of the series, now I'll probably rewatch it.

I agree. That's what I mean when I say it feels like it had an identity crisis.
The fact that Nishigori and the other people that worked on FranXX went on to make remarks like "We didn't plan out the second half," and "Zero Two couldn't have been happy as a non-human," and other such bullshit, including allusions to some of the best parts that the show did have being coincidental don't help.

I can't rewatch it. Not knowing what I now know. But I still think it was an amazing episode. Just wish there had been more like it.

There were plenty of contrarian faggots who constantly shitposted about the show back when it aired, though I believe a lot of them also enjoyed the show, and simply shitposted because they're underage garbage with nothing better to do.
I mean, it got so bad that you could only discuss the show in the first 2 or so days after an episode aired and directly after the preview, because those were the only times that actual discussions managed to drown out the shitposters.

Man, I miss it though. Despite its flaws, it's the only piece of fiction that that I've been properly invested in in many years.

kino

Attached: screen-shot-2018-01-13-at-3-59.jpg (2560x1600, 295K)

>"Just add aliens lol we're gainax"
>"Just add gunbuster pose lol"
>"Just add a bittersweet ending lol"
>"Just add reincarnation lol"

Yeah, but nowadays, saying that you think the show is great and has no flaws is an easier way to get (You)s than talking about how VEG is better or saying it's a teenager's discount EVA, or guro/spiderposting. That kind of indicates how hard FranXX has crashed.

yes

Attached: 468595795705.png (600x550, 73K)

I would say episode 1-15 but then you'd miss some great romantic scenes in 16-18 and even some in 20
I would say episode 1-20 but then you'd miss Zero Two going through hell to get her Darling back.
I would say episode 1-21 but then you'd miss Hiro being resolved to go into deep space in order to get his wife back.

Attached: thingken of not being with Zero Tsu.jpg (1920x1080, 91K)

You also have to remember that a lot of people ignored the issues the show had. For example, Hir02fags, of which I am/was one were perfectly happy to ignore a lot of the issues the show had for the sake of enjoying the romance.
However, when the two of them were unceremoniously killed off, that kind of thing imploded. The reason for them to overlook the many problems/weaknesses the show had got blown up in space, and all they got for it was an ending where most of the other characters live happily ever after and get to do some of the things that Hiro and Zero Two wanted to do in their stead.

The problem really isn't that they died, it's that they died for no reason (no meaning, no benefit to the story as a whole).
Character deaths aren't a bad thing, not even if you like those characters. Look at classic literature. Shakespeare regularly kills off large parts of his cast, particularly his main characters. But he does so for a reason.

People really shouldn't have gotten worked up over two characters dying, but over the weak writing as a whole. It's something you see in fan's reactions even to well-written anime: They get agitated when beloved characters die, even when it makes sense. It's the same shit as the LGBT crowd raging whenever a gay character dies in an American film or series. And it shows a very base-level misunderstanding of how narrative art works.

I was just trying to keep it concise.
No, there was no reason for Hiro and Zero Two to die, and it didn't serve the narrative in any way.
It was simply done to achieve a by-the-book generic bittersweet ending because Nishigori is an insecure hack who thinks making characters die at the end for no reason makes a show deeper than it really is.

Nah. You can kill off characters, but whether or not that's a good decision is heavily reliant on the characters and story, regardless of the quality. When you consider the medium, and the characters' backstories, it makes no sense to kill off Hiro and 02, despite the foreshadowing and (mixed) themes supporting that conclusion.

I mean, this was an anime with a strong focus on romance, character driven drama, freedom and having to rely on your significant other to be a whole person. Combine this with the suffering porn background of 02, and to a lesser extent Hiro, it makes no sense to kill them off, because it ends up being a story about two good-hearted, rebellious lovers trying to defy the oppressive shithole they've grown up in, only to suffer and die. That's not satisfying.
Yes, you had themes that support and foreshadowed their deaths, and there's obvious a lot of symbolism in the previously callous and selfish 02 ending up sacrificing herself for humanity, but there were also a ton of themes running counter to this, particularly towards the end of both the first and second cour, about defying fate, being free and not living to be a weapon. Hir02 ended up defying all three of those themes, as they end up as literal weapons or war, imprisoned in the empty void of space for two years, before dying without truly defeating their enemies.

Well-
I don't feel like there's anything more I can say.

>it makes no sense to kill them off, because it ends up being a story about two good-hearted, rebellious lovers trying to defy the oppressive shithole they've grown up in, only to suffer and die.
Sounds a lot like you're describing the plot to Romeo and Juliet.

Yes, like I myself have written, it didn't make sense for them to die under these circumstances. But that doesn't mean their deaths were the problem or that they don't fit the plot: I think that your problems lie not in the ending, but in everything leading up to it. It was not coherently written with clear themes and meaning in mind, and thus their deaths end up being meaningless. That could have been different. And in that case, killing them off might indeed have been the better choice.
On the other hand, them surviving would not have saved the last episode nor the show. People should not decide how good something was depending on whether their favourite characters lived or died.

>Sounds a lot like you're describing the plot to Romeo and Juliet.
Romeo and Juliet is a play that's meant to be experienced in a few hours.
DitF is a two cour, character driven anime, where the main draw is the viewers' affection towards the two main characters.

>their deaths end up being meaningless.
That's completely irrelevant to me. No matter how you write the plot, I would not enjoy an ending where they die. And even if you did rewrite it in a manner where it would make more sense, that would change the very essence of their characters. One of the reasons the first cour was so well received, particularly towards the end, was because we were rewarded with a happy reunion after all the suffering and drama. There's really no way you can go from there to an ending where they both die, without ruining the show.

Yet she was happy, she deserved to be happy and I am glad she was happy and with Hiro in the end.

>watching a shitshow for a seasonal waifu

>Romeo and Juliet is a play that's meant to be experienced in a few hours.
Makes less of a difference than you think. All well-written narratives follow the same basic structure and have the same basic pulls and hooks.

>the main draw is the viewers' affection towards the two main characters.
Believe it or not, that's also what makes Romeo and Juliet work.

>No matter how you write the plot, I would not enjoy an ending where they die.
That's incredibly shortsighted. There's "enjoyment" to be had from suffering. It's the same carthartic aspect Aristotle describes in his work "Peri poietikes". Of course, the characters aren't written in a way that would really make this work, but still, in theory, that's what dramatic writing at its best can do.

>One of the reasons the first cour was so well received, particularly towards the end, was because we were rewarded with a happy reunion after all the suffering and drama.
But the first cour wasn't well-written and ultimately didn't work. The story could go nowhere from there (satisfyingly) because didn't have any ending in mind. Missing coherence, no way you go about it.

When they have to asspull several reasons for the two main characters to die for literally no gain in the story, it just doesn't work.

I think that's called making the best of a bad situation.

>touching horns
LEWD!

Attached: 1560114722010.gif (500x281, 796K)

True. But had it been written differently, the main character death might have come organically.
As it was, whether they lived or died made no difference at all. Because it would have meant nothing either way.

Them living could at least be satisfying in a "Wow, they gave it their all to survive and get their happy Disneyfied fairytale ending. That's cool." way.
As it is, they just died because Nishigori wanted them to die.

Hornsmooches are one of the best things FranXX did.

Attached: 1520250756698.webm (960x540, 687K)

>satisfying in a "Wow, they gave it their all to survive and get their happy Disneyfied fairytale ending. That's cool." way
Not really satisfying, if you ask me. I mean, sure, it would have ended on a happier not for fans of the characters, but other than that, it changes nothing. In fact, that it changes nothing is indicative of how much the writers had fucked up beforehand.

That's *you*. But ask most Hir02fags, as you yourself said, and they'll tell you that they'd have been much happier and much more satisfied with a happy ending than the ending they got, no matter the writing issues you indicate.
Hell, some people even continued watching DiTF solely to see them get that happy ending.
And again, a happy ending would've been more sensible, considering the asspulls and other shit Cloverworks had to pull just in order to get the two of them in a situation where they had a low chance of survival- and even after that, they had to explicitly add more asspulls to actually make them die.

>that second half
Literally worse than fli fla

>All well-written narratives follow the same basic structure and have the same basic pulls and hooks.
>Believe it or not, that's also what makes Romeo and Juliet work.
Bullshit. They are two very different mediums, written in two very different eras, in different styles and with different lengths, aimed at different audiences.
Hell, you can do the same comparison with a movie and a TV series. Even if they were thematically the same, you would likely be less attached to the characters in a 90 minute movie than in a 10 hour TV series for so many reasons that I'm not even going to bother listing them all.
>That's incredibly shortsighted. There's "enjoyment" to be had from suffering.
You're clearly incapable of paying attention to the argument being brought fourth here. I never said I couldn't enjoy suffering. I said that I wouldn't enjoy an ending where these two specific character die in this specific show. If you change it to the point where this would be an acceptable ending, you would also change the show and the characters to the point where they're no longer the same.
>It's the same carthartic aspect Aristotle describes in his work "Peri poietikes".
What, did you just finish your first LIT101 class?
>But the first cour wasn't well-written and ultimately didn't work.
The first cour was very well received and there were endless paths they could have taken, many of which were so obvious that there was more or less consensus among the fanbase where the story was headed.

I hate it when people imply that if you didn't like the idea of Hiro and Zero Two dying, you can't grasp the appeal or value in tragic stories.
I read Tokyo Ghoul and enjoyed the ending, but that was because that manga was meant to be a tragedy from the ground up. It didn't flip-flop between themes and atmospheres to the point that it was borderline Gurren Lagann in one episode and Guilty Crown in another.
If you want to make a tragic love story, signal and build that up better than "Well you can kinda compare this to Romeo and Juliet because the two characters that were in love died in the end."

agreed

Based Nishigori, did the impossible and saved the series at the last moment with the amazing ending that manages to fix all the plotholes. Nobody expected it, there was no hope left, it seemed like there's no way to avoid failure, yet he somehow did it while also triggering the dumb shipers, self inserts and brainlets.

>it changes nothing.
It would have changed a lot, in that it would be consistent with the themes they pushed towards the end of the show, the characters would fulfilled the destiny that was foreshadowed in episode 15, and the audience would get to experience the same catharsis as in the cockpit reunion, but in a more permanent sense. It wouldn't rectify the poor writing that plagued the second cour, but it would at least have ended the show on a good note for the fans.

To be fair, you seem to have the same problem that Nishigori has, in that you're obsessed with pushing tragedy or a bittersweet ending for the sake of artificial depth.

>It wouldn't rectify the poor writing that plagued the second cour, but it would at least have ended the show on a good note for the fans.
This. You have no idea how much it would've helped and how much better the show would be remembered just by giving us a less cynical "muh bittersweet is deep" ending.

>some people even continued watching DiTF solely to see them get that happy ending.
And some watched for the lesbian to get Ichigo, others watched for Goro and Ichigo.
Some watched to see MitsuKoko have a happy ending, others watched for them to burn and die miserably.
You can't make everyone happy anyway. Just write something that makes sense. What worries me that some people would have freaked out over them dying even if it HAD made sense and given the story a purposeful ending.

*ahem*
Fuck Nishigori
Fuck Imaishi
Fuck Hayashi
Fuck Nagai
Fuck A-1 Pictures/Cloverworks
Fuck Trigger
Fuck Virm
Fuck mitsukoko and fuck ningen

Attached: 1535800403358.png (300x400, 7K)

Them dying didn't make sense.

Based.

Attached: 1510100325334.png (395x362, 232K)

Long live Nishigori, the destroyer of plotfags.

>Bullshit. They are two very different mediums, written in two very different eras, in different styles and with different lengths, aimed at different audiences.
You know nothing about writing. The medium (plural: media) does not matter. The era does matter even less: We're talking about structures that ancient greek plays share with medieval literature, siltent films from the early 20th century, videogames from the 1990s and countless well-written anime.
Lenght does matter somewhat, but not how you think it does. All it severly changes is pacing. And, no, the audiences weren't that different either. Both are aimed at the general populus.

>What, did you just finish your first LIT101 class?
Come on, don't behave like this just because I cited one of the most important pieces of literary theory. This is stuff I knew back when I was 15 years old, and I'm sure you've heard of the catharsis approach as well. Don't try to belittle me for bringing it up when it's relevant.

>The first cour was very well received and there were endless paths they could have taken
"Well received" does not equate to "well written". People don't analyze what they are watching unless the flaws become way too aparent. And, no, there was no way the first half of the plot could have organically developed into something meaningful. The only way to do that would have been to insert meaning by force.
Could it have been salvaged? Sure, somewhat at least. But the writing went nowhere very early on. Sorry.

>you're obsessed with pushing tragedy or a bittersweet ending for the sake of artificial depth.
You seem to be having the same problem all retarded defenders of this show have in that you're obsessed with the fate of two characters and care not one bit for how much sense it makes.
At no point have I said that they HAVE to die for it to make sense. Only that an ending with them dying COULD have made sense. But hey, please point out where I have said what you claim I have said.

Is this the return of the zoromemeyefag?
Smells like him

>I hate it when people imply that if you didn't like the idea of Hiro and Zero Two dying, you can't grasp the appeal or value in tragic stories.
I did not ever imply that. I swear, you guys in here have the reading comprehension of a small child.

>If you want to make a tragic love story, signal and build that up better than "Well you can kinda compare this to Romeo and Juliet because the two characters that were in love died in the end."
Not what I have said either. Again: If you have a well written narrative, killing off the main character(s) can work in your favour. Which is what we see in Romeo and Juliet, for example.
I did not say that you can compare this Franxx shitshow to it in any way.
I really wonder whether all of you just can't read or whether you're strawmanning. It's no use having a debate if you are this dishonest about it.

Are the last 2 manga chapters translated? BTW reminder that death anniversary and tanabata in an month.

>I did not ever imply that. I swear, you guys in here have the reading comprehension of a small child.
I wasn't referring to you, so this entire response is basically unnecessary.

>Them dying didn't make sense.
True. But them surviving wouldn't have made sense either. There was no meaning to any of it. That's my point.
Which is why them dying was not the real problem, just something that rubbed a lot of people (who were willing to ignore the real problems) the wrong way.
If the rest of the story was well-written, depending on how it was written, them dying could or could not make sense. But we can't possibly argue that when the rest of the story is as it is.

Zero Two’s story made me cry, does that make me a fag?

It made sense in terms of having to require fewer plotholes and asspulls for them to come back alive than for them to end up dying.

>And some watched for the lesbian to get Ichigo, others watched for Goro and Ichigo.
Most people who complain about Hir02 dying, also have a problem with how the side cast was treated. A lot of them were left under-developed, in particular Ichigo and Goro, who were important characters in the first cour, but tossed aside in the second. Everyone expected them to get some development in the second cour, and to end up together before the very final episode. It's the same for Futoshi and Ikuno. While it obviously wouldn't make sense for them to become a couple, the show makes it clear that they found something to bond over, and that Futoshi provided Ikuno with the trust and stability that Mitsuru failed to provide. The problem is that this is never expanded upon beyond a single scene in episode 11, and the scene in episode 24 when Futoshi delivers bread to a dying Ikuno. There are plenty of implications here, such as Ikuno being the one who taught Futoshi to bake (she's the one who learns baking in episode 16), but they're never seen interacting.
Zorome and Miku's relationship was also ignored, as was Zorome's potential character growth in episode 10, and Miku's fear of death.
Of course, there's also Mitsukoko, who were the only side couple to get any real development, but they were also mishandled because they ended up overshadowing Hir02 and the rest of the cast, and the mindwipe twist led to nothing but several wasted episodes that could have been used to develop the other characters.

>What worries me that some people would have freaked out over them dying even if it HAD made sense and given the story a purposeful ending.
It has been pointed out multiple times to you that this is impossible, unless you change the show to something that's unrecognizable. Stop thinking with your murderboner. Not every show is made better by being a tragedy.

>Of course, there's also Mitsukoko, who were the only side couple to get any real development, but they were also mishandled because they ended up overshadowing Hir02 and the rest of the cast, and the mindwipe twist led to nothing but several wasted episodes that could have been used to develop the other characters.
And for all that focus they were given. they still ended up feeling like blank pieces of cardboard.
It's one thing for them to hijack the show, another thing for them to hijack the show with nothing gained.

One of the best soundtracks in anime history. Thank you Asami Tachibana for this incredible masterpiece that you can really use as a reference for testing totl headphones. The quality of the recordings, the complexity, the diversity, the absolutely insane sub bass, are all truly astonishing. I still can't believe people were expecting this to be a Sawano-like generic bullshit.
Too bad the anime doesn't deserve it.

>unless you change the show to something that's unrecognizable.
You just have to change some things early on, add a theme, give them "something to die for", so to speak. I know that when we're taking about salvaging the story, that requires more than just changing a few scenes. It requires basically a complete rewrite. But that doesn't mean that it can't be rewitten in a way that keeps the few things that work and still include some aspects that might be better served with them dying.

>Stop thinking with your murderboner. Not every show is made better by being a tragedy.
Not even remotely what I'm saying. But there's only two things we can discuss:
A) The show as it was, in which case the ending is irrelevant as far as "making sense" goes.
B) The ending as it was, in which case we have to pretend that the show as a whole was about something that the ending could work (or not work) with.

Based and strawberrypilled

Definitely

Just look up hentai of her, some of the character designs are the only thing remotely of worth in this shitshow

So uptown episode 1?

Attached: 1558566398694.png (500x500, 20K)

>Fluffy hair

muh

>You know nothing about writing.
Let me guess, you're a fanfic writer who likes the smell of his own farts.

>Come on, don't behave like this just because I cited one of the most important pieces of literary theory.
Your posts reek of someone who's a first year university student, and tries to act like a scholar because they've learned some basic information. The sad thing is that you're so absurdly wrong, particularly when you're comparing a Shakespeare play to an anime, by claiming that all tragic romances are the same. I'd go into more detail on this topic, but I'd break the character limit multiple times.

>And, no, there was no way the first half of the plot could have organically developed into something meaningful.
This is just retarded. What kind of a shitty writer do you have to be if you think there wasn't plenty of potential for a meaningful second cour? Also, the first season was competently written for an anime, and people spent countless hours analyzing the symbolism, themes, foreshadowing, parallells and cultural references (including Romeo and Juliet in episode 12) in the show. The show was still internally consist by the end of the first cour, and they had the perfect setup for a second cour.

>You seem to be having the same problem all retarded defenders of this show have in that you're obsessed with the fate of two characters and care not one bit for how much sense it makes.
How retarded are you? The primary problem with their deaths is that it made no sense thematically, and I already addressed this earlier. You're the one who's obsessed with killing them off, to the point where you're arguing about changing the show into something that's unrecognizable from the original show, which defeats the point in the first place.
Hell, it's like claiming that you can give Romeo and Juliet a happy ending by rewriting the entire play, but that would defeat the entire purpose of Romeo and Juliet in the first place. It wouldn't be the same thing.

>give them "something to die for"
This is the exact kind of idiocy I was talking about, and it's the exact thing the show did.
They did give 02 something to die for, and its introduced in the very first scene in the show, when 02 talks about how fragile humanity is, but how she still finds them beautiful.
It was a running theme that she went from resenting weak humans to loving them unconditionally, which is one of the reasons she went to space to die for them.

However, this doesn't salvage the ending, because it ran contrary to other themes (like the Jian/marriage theme, defying destiny, escaping oppression, not living for the sake of fighting in a war or literally being turned into war machines). Combine this with their tragic pasts (meaning the audience roots for them to be happy in the end) and the fact that show was about Hir02's journey, not the sidecast, and you're left with a show that can't have a well-written tragic ending, without being rewritten to the point where it's unrecognizable and all the good things about the show are removed.

>you're a fanfic writer
I am not. Stop assuming things.

>Your posts reek of someone who's a first year university student, and tries to act like a scholar because they've learned some basic information.
Your posts reek of a troll. If you can't even cite Aristotle in a discussion about writing without being called pretentious, you know that you're dealing with someone who just wants to shut you down dishonestly.

>comparing a Shakespeare play to an anime
Which you can and should do. No problem there at all. You saying that you can never do that is what's absurd.

>claiming that all tragic romances are the same
I have not ever done that. Nice strawman.

>The show was still internally consist by the end of the first cour
No, it wasn't. Your bias is showing. It was about nothin. It's symbolism was empty. (Otherwise, tell me one "symbol" or "foreshadowing" from the first half that actually meant something and paid off in the second half).

>The primary problem with their deaths is that it made no sense thematically,
I never denied that. But you are claiming that them surviving would have made any more sense. And that's retarded. The ending really did not matter.

>You're the one who's obsessed with killing them off
Oh, look, another strawman. No, retard, listen up for once:
I've said that to salvage the show, you have to begin rewriting it LONG before the finale. That also means changing it in a way that makes EITHER them dying OR them surviving (and, yes, I've explicitely stated that possibility) have some meaningful impact on the plot and meat-narrative.

>you're arguing about changing the show into something that's unrecognizable from the original show
And you're acting as if that was a bad thing. Seems you're just a Franxx fanboy who doesn't want anything in it to change except the ending.

>which defeats the point in the first place.
What "point" did Franxx have? Please elaborate!

>fucking ayylmao final boss that didn't make sense
>denied the ending of hiro02 fucking off to explore space and making dinobabbies
>never got a hiro figure to go with 02 so they can at least be together there
Darling was a big letdown to watch, only the threads made it enjoyable once the quality really started to drop near the end.

Attached: 1528556550094.png (422x507, 170K)

Based. You know where it's at.

Attached: 1520170755332.gif (540x540, 1.13M)

Contrarian tards shitposting all over Yea Forums in a poor attempt to fit in, just stop making fools of yourself.
It's obvious franxx has many flaws and is far from the best thing ever, but pretending it's not better than all the moe, ecchi, shonen and other fanservice-centered otaku-pandering shit (for example the rest of the trigger shows), is just too dumb.
No matter what opinion you have about it, it's still objectively better than most modern anime and pretty much the obvious aoty 2018.
This two standards thing has reached ridiculous levels. Nobody gives a shit that we're surrounded by trash, but whenever something decent comes up, everyone has to start sperging "hurr durr, it'a 1/10, trainwreck, shitshow, i'd rather watch hentai...". How are we supposed to get anything good if you shit on any attempt at more than muh waifu?
Fucking newfags coming here just to shitpost 24/24, copy pasta whatever bullshit they read on reddit.

Is this a pasta?

>It was a running theme that she went from resenting weak humans to loving them unconditionally, which is one of the reasons she went to space to die for them.
You're misinterpreting what I wrote: I don't mean something that could justify a sacrifice to the characters themselves. I mean something that would actally justify killing them off for the narrative and themes to make sense. The problem is that both narrative and themes were all over the place, and thus, no matter the ending, it would fail.
But it seems that many of you really only care about who lives and dies, not whether that is purposeful or not.

>all the good things about the show are removed.
You don't have to remove "all the good things". Just keep it internally consistent. The writers didn't do that.
But you seem to believe that you can just take over a few episodes before the ending and save it by making little adjustments. Sorry, but that's not the case. The story and themes were a total mess early on. The whole setup is all over the place.

>making dinobabbies

I would have been happy if they would have at least survived, but in a show about sex, babies and fertility, its a criminal offense that the main couple didnt get the chance to do this and it wasnt even shown post reincarnation. Only fanart remains

Attached: 143645632456.png (857x995, 242K)

>tfw never become hobos in rags like Simon
>tfw never explore the world together
>tfw never dinobabies
>tfw never read picturebook to dinobabies
They stole true happiness from us, bros..

Attached: 1529183184294.jpg (400x465, 13K)

No, it's a honest rant at the kids that turned this board into mal2.

>Fucking newfags coming here just to shitpost 24/24, copy pasta whatever bullshit they read on reddit.
>No, it's a honest rant at the kids that turned this board into mal2.
You do realize that Reddit and MAL largely loved Franxx, don't you?

>If you can't even cite Aristotle in a discussion about writing
No one but pretentious faggots do that.

>Which you can and should do. No problem there at all.
Sure, if you're a retard who makes sweeping generalizations with no basis in reality.

>No, it wasn't. Your bias is showing.
So you're so incredibly stupid that you couldn't even catch the show's themes and foreshadowing. Despite the inconsistencies towards the end of the show, there were plenty of themes and foreshadowing that were playes straight, even if it was poorly executed.

>But you are claiming that them surviving would have made any more sense
It would have made more sense, because the show's strongest themes revolved around survival, freedom, defiance and escape, fueled by the selfish desires of two lovers. And that's exactly why the tragic ending doesn't and couldn't work, without changing the essence of the show.

>I've said that to salvage the show, you have to begin rewriting it LONG before the finale.
So you're saying if you change the show to the point where it's unreconizable and the characters and themes are completely obliterated, then it would make sense? In other words, a show that has nothing to do with Darling in the Franxx? Fucking idiot.

>Seems you're just a Franxx fanboy who doesn't want anything in it to change except the ending.
I'm a fan of the first cour. I'm not a fan of the second cour. Like I already explained, the worst thing about the second cour was the ending itself, and a happy ending would at least have salvaged the show somewhat, instead of completely destroying the last remaining hope people had for the show.

>What "point" did Franxx have? Please elaborate!
I think I can see where you're coming from. You're such a lost cause that you couldn't even discern the themes of the show when they were shoved right in your face. I guess that's why you've got such a boner for a tragic ending.

Yeah, that's why mal gave it lower scores than the average seasonal filler and you probably won't find another show with as many 1/10.
I also made the mistake of searching reddit to see if this mith of "liked by reddit" has any grain of truth of it. Guess what, it's the same shitposting: muh ship, don't watch after episode 16, haha fatty ntr, it doesn't have the "trigger charm"... when reddit is usualy just an endless circlejerck of everything is a masterpiece.

How long until somebody who can somewhat competently write a story takes some of the ideas FranXX had and executes them well?

Attached: 1527899515207.jpg (1000x1941, 221K)

>But it seems that many of you really only care about who lives and dies, not whether that is purposeful or not.
It's pretty fucking obvious that you're a pretenious faggot by this point. There is universal consensus that the second cour was bad, so no, people don't just care about whether they live or die. However, that was by far the worst thing about the second cour, something there's universal consensus about, which is backed up by the ratings. Furthermore, Hir02 surviving would have been "pureposeful", because it would have been consistent with the themes pushed in the latter half of the second cour.

>But you seem to believe that you can just take over a few episodes before the ending and save it by making little adjustments.
No one said that, you fucking idiot. What everyone is saying is that having them survive in the end would have salaved the show for a significant portion of the fanbase. It was literally stated above that them surviving would not fix the second cour, but it would make it palatable, because the characters that people had been following and come to care about over the past 6 months would have survived.
I'm beginning to wonder if you're autistic, considering you're incapable of understanding basic human emotions, and just obsess over how you want a "purposeful" death.

>The story and themes were a total mess early on.
It really wasn't. You're just an idiot, who's incapable of following a basic story with basic themes.

>even places with normalfags with garbage taste think it's shit
Maybe it's a (You)-problem, then.

the first episodes where the worst though

>It was literally stated above that them surviving would not fix the second cour
This. There's several ways to "fix" FranXX to certain degrees.
The easiest would be to rewrite literally only the final episode and it only gets rid of the most offensive smudge.
Then the next step is to rewrite the last 5 or so episodes, get rid of the aliens, do the whole rebellion shtick, but you can keep some of the nice moments.
Then you get rewriting the entire second cour and maybe even a part of the first cour.
Then you get rewriting all of FranXX while making use of the elements used in the original work. That's the most time-consuming step and it risks changing part of the atmosphere that did make the show appealing, but it's a possibility.

Nah, it's still liked on average, even here, there are just more shitposters than usual. Btw, you now very well Yea Forums's taste is just as bad.
But the pig problem is:
Shit compared to what? It's easy to say everything is shit, but at this point why do you even watch anime? Why do you come here?

Attached: bunny.webm (640x360, 2.02M)

They were bad ideas though.

At least the ones that weren't overdone already.

>No one but pretentious faggots do that.
Everyone does, retard. Just as you can and should cite Lessing, Brecht, Chapelain, Campbell, Freytag and so on. But it seems you're not too well read on the subject, so you're rather trying to discredit those who do so.
Way to lose any credibility you might have had.

>sweeping generalizations
Like? Examples, please.

>you couldn't even catch the show's themes and foreshadowing.
Could you? Please, tell me, what meaningful and relevant plot point was foreshadowed? And please don't say something stupid like "Hiro and 02 getting together" or some shit like that.

>It would have made more sense, because the show's strongest themes revolved around survival, freedom, defiance and escape
Goethe's Faust is all about defiance and breaking out of systemic confinements, yet, in the end, it hammers home how such an escape is impossible. And it works.
Hamlet is all about the morality of making decissions, the value of life and the futility of revenge, yet it ends with the title character taking revenge, losing his life and his freedom of choice.
Funny how that works when something is well-written, right?

>the characters and themes are completely obliterated
No, retard, I've said the very opposite. Learn to read before you answer.

>I'm a fan of the first cour.
Yes, I've noticed that. And you are a very rapid fan who can see no wrong in it. No point in trying to convince you of anything.

>you couldn't even discern the themes of the show when they were shoved right in your face.
Oh, please, try me. Shove those "themes" in my face. And only those that came full circles, not those that might have looked like themes in one episode but then were dropped in the next.

>you've got such a boner for a tragic ending.
You're still misrepresenting me. You are not really interested in an honest debate, are you?

i love my wife more then anything in the world

Attached: zero tattoo.jpg (393x666, 56K)

Can she be considered one of the hottest and most fuckable characters out of this decade, Yea Forums?

Attached: 1488600665500.png (404x404, 118K)

Episode 1-5 were fine. 6 wasn't great but it was okay.
7 and 8 felt fillery, but could've been used as breathers. Mainly 7.
Episode 9 was alright, but could've been better.
Episode 10 was a colossal waste.
Episode 11 was dumb and could've been more interesting than just the partner swap drama.

Only just barely.

>mal gave it lower scores than the average seasonal filler
As discussed earlier in this thread, it has a score above 7.5, definitely higher than their average. And it had a score of over 8 some point in the past, before the ending scared off the last few idiots.

Could've been great if it was her in her piloting suit, or her uniform.
Or hell, even casual clothing that they liked to put her in, rather than just a blatant and cynical wankbait bunny statue.
But I'm happy for people who like that kind of thing.

Attached: sample_a70f60c4fabcbd08555261e8f8ed5736.jpg (850x1619, 223K)

Only if you like fucking others guys' wives.

>Funny how that works when something is well-written, right?
No, it works when it is properly set-up and not used like the Japanese writing equivalent of a jump-scare.

You can't, because the show's strengths rely on the combination of factors that made it fun to watch.
The writing is only one part of the show, but other things that people seem to ignore are the characters, the mechanical designs, the graphic designs, the costumes, the music, the voice acting, the animation, the framing, the world building, the symbolism and so on.
One of the things Franxx did exceptionally well was establishing an atmosphere. The show often had this melancholic mood and growing sense of impending doom, occasionally broken up by more light-hearted scenes, and it was particularly strong during the first cour, when the outside world was still a mystery. The clean cut white, red and blue color theme and the orange screens also worked very well, particularly when contrasted by the traditional mansion they lived in and their organic surroundings. The soundtrack was also integral to establishing the show's mood.

>You can't
Why do you then go on to write a post slobbering over the series but in no way proving that someone else couldn't take the cool elements of FranXX and make something decent with them?

i wish there was more 01 fanart to post

>that was by far the worst thing about the second cour
Not even remotely. Unless you only watched it for those two characters, I guess.

>because it would have been consistent with the themes pushed in the latter half of the second cour.
You go on and on about those "themes". Care to actually elaborate on them?

>aving them survive in the end would have salaved the show for a significant portion of the fanbase
You can't salvage something "for a portion of the fanbase". Either you can salvage it in the sense that you salvage its writing and get rid of objective shortcomings, or you can't salvage it at all. You seem to think that adding in fanservice (as in: what fans desire) results in a higher quality of the whole thing. Sorry, but that's not how it works.

>them surviving would not fix the second cour
Exactly.

>it would make it palatable, because the characters that people had been following and come to care about over the past 6 months would have survived.
That is the most superficial thing that you could have said. I'm not talking about whether the audience at large would have been happier, that's not what should matter. I'm arguing writing.

>just obsess over how you want a "purposeful" death.
A purposeful survival would be just as good. My point is that the series as it is could have had neither. And you even seem to halfheartedly agree, yet still want to attack me just because.

>It really wasn't. You're just an idiot, who's incapable of following a basic story with basic themes.
Please, again, show me those themes.

I have great 01 fanart for you.

Attached: 1528647511151.jpg (1280x746, 246K)

Holy shit you sound like a pretentious faggot.

>Then you get rewriting all of FranXX while making use of the elements used in the original work. That's the most time-consuming step and it risks changing part of the atmosphere that did make the show appealing, but it's a possibility.
And it's the only way of really salvaging it. Because as you might have noticed writing it, all your prior steps left some very serious problems:

Just rewriting the finale, as you wrote, still keeps the nonsensical alien twist.
Just rewriting the last few episodes keeps all the aimless side stories, the drama for drama's sake, 02's character arc not making sense and being rushed and so on.
Just rewriting the second cour keeps characters not having clear themes, the story not having a clear stated goal, and the general mess it all was.

>most fuckable characters out of this decade
How do you "fuck someone out of the decade"? Must be very ... impactful.

its FREEing, i dont know why you expect the company that makes all the bunnies to not make a bunny

>And it's the only way of really salvaging it.
In your eyes.
You need FranXX to be a total coherent, perfectly paced masterpiece to consider it "fixed" or "salvaged."
Most people would be content with less dramatic overhauls because they don't need some 10/10 masterpiece for self-described intellectuals to wank over, they just need something palatable; something that didn't feel like it wasted their time and also simultaneously the potential of the setting.

Poor user bothering to write long, rational, competent and well argumented comments over and over again only to get the usual shit
>muh ship is the best, if i would rewrite the ending to pander to the fanbase it would be a masterpiece

Me:
>Please show me a proof for your claims.
You:
>Holy shit you sound like a pretentious faggot.

Fuck if I know or care what they normally make. I'm just saying it's a shame it wasn't a less blatantly fapbait statue of Zero Two.
>inb4 "hurr durr zero two is fapbait tho xddd"

I am not that guy. I'm just checking in on your two posts and your posts are completely missing his points while he clearly explains what his argument is and why it is his argument.
You're basically just blasting your own nonsense past him to prop yourself up as some genius writer who knows where it's at and believes DiTF can't be any better unless it's completely altered and turned into a masterpiece of storytelling.

>Most people would be content with less dramatic overhauls
A somewhat fair criticism. But the problem with Franxx is that it made such basic mistakes that less "dramatic" attempts at fixing it would still leave it with very notable flaws.

>if i would rewrite the ending to pander to the fanbase it would be a masterpiece
Fun point is that nobody is trying to turn it into a masterpiece except that guy and apparently you.

But that's fine. We're not saying a small fix would make FranXX flawless, just that a small fix would make it less offensively vomit-inducing.
That's where the difference lies in viewpoint. One side thinks the only way to improve it is to totally turn it upside down and rebuild it from the ground up, while the other side is just arguing to make what is already there less jarring and less of a middlefinger to the viewers.

>he clearly explains what his argument is and why it is his argument.
His arhument is: People liked it but didn't like the ending.
Which never originally was the point I argued and that he responded to: That it's not well-written no matter what people liked.
Add to that that he's incapable of substanciating anything he says and at the same time tries to shame me for daring to cite Aristotle in an argument about dramatic writing.

I also wonder whether you know what the word "pretentious" means, because you seem to be using it erroneously.

>Just as you can and should cite Lessing, Brecht, Chapelain, Campbell, Freytag and so on
Well, thanks for firmly establishing that you're a pretentious faggot. I mean, you can't be autistic enough to think this helps your case, can you? This is the definition of being a pretentious twat, listing various poets, writers and playwrights and then acting haughty when people don't share your interest, as if this somehow has universal appeal. You're the exact kind of 101 faggot I suspected you were. Thanks for playing into it in such an obvious manner.

>Funny how that works when something is well-written, right?
This is the kind of absolute idiocy I was talking about earlier. You take these incredibly broad concepts and try to draw parallells to a fucking anime that has a very specific appeal. The fact that you're pushing your pretentious bullshit to such an extent actually made me laugh out loud, though.

>And you are a very rapid fan who can see no wrong in it
Gotta go fast.

>Please, tell me, what meaningful and relevant plot point was foreshadowed?
>Shove those "themes" in my face.
I find it astonishing that you claim to have read the authors above, yet you're incapable of following basic shit like this. I would love to point this shit out to you, but it would take me hours to write it all down, and there are already thousands of posts that cover this from last year. Go read those.

Because the execution was better than the idea in Franxx, you fucking idiot. The point was that the things that made Franxx an interesting watch wasn't necessary the writing or the themes, but the execution.
Most of the themes in Franxx have already been done, both in western fiction and Japanese anime.

>Because the execution was better than the idea in Franxx
Ha ha ha.

>listing various poets, writers and playwrights
I'm not listing them as poets or playwrights, brainlet. I'm listing them as the literary theorists and as the creators of some of the most important schemes and models for literary analysis.
And that you still think that knowing about them makes me less credible and more pretentious shows your limited knowledge.

>You take these incredibly broad concepts
Those aren't "broad concepts". Those are the very things in the center of the works I was talking about.

>try to draw parallells to a fucking anime that has a very specific appeal.
I didn't "draw parallels". I said that going with an ending that disproves your "main thesis" (as illustrates by your main themes) usually works very well. To counter your claims that it can't ever work.

>you claim to have read the authors above
Again, it's not about their works. In fact, I've never even read a literary piece from Freytag or Chapelain, I just know their academic contributions. But it seems you totally missed that point.

>I would love to point this shit out to you, but it would take me hours to write it all down
In other words: You can't even name one simple theme that mattered in the long run and now claim that you'd need "hours" to do so.
Well, I guess I can safely ignore your posts from this point onwards.

What's with all this text shit?

Just post some 02 lewds for fucks sake.

No, she's hardly interesting outside of her design and the show is painstakingly boring.

>Not even remotely. Unless you only watched it for those two characters, I guess.
The show was built around those characters, you moron. In fact, the focus on them was so heavy that the other characters suffered for it

>Care to actually elaborate on them?
No. Given how much you like to masturbate over authors you seem to have picked off of some internet list, you should know that trying to explain the themes in a novel to someone who's read it and completely missed the point is pointless and would require way too much time.

>Either you can salvage it in the sense that you salvage its writing and get rid of objective shortcomings, or you can't salvage it at all
Binary thinking. You really are autistic.

>I'm not talking about whether the audience at large would have been happier, that's not what should matter. I'm arguing writing.
Holy fucking shit, you're autistic. Yeah, what the people who watch the show think doesn't matter, right? For fuck's sake, this is anime we're talking about, not high art.

>My point is that the series as it is could have had neither.
Again, you're a fucking idiot, and I've already pointed out that the majority of the show's themes would have come full circle if they survived.

Are you a scorned femdomfag?

Yeah both got uploaded to mangadex with really shitty English translations. The old translator is gone for good. Makes me a bit upset desu

>His arhument is: People liked it but didn't like the ending.
No, my argument is that the first cour is good, the second cour is bad, and the ending is atrocious. Fixing the ending would have left most of the fans content, even if it doesn't fix the show itself.
Like the other guy pointed out, it doesn't have to be a masterpiece. For fuck's sake, it's a show that shoves themes about teenage sexuality in your face and simulates sex by having teenagers pilot robots with ass handles.

>In fact, the focus on them was so heavy that the other characters suffered for it
Until 18.
Then the focus they had went to a far boring romantic pairing that just kinda sprang up because Nishigori wanted it to happen.

based & redpilled

Attached: ku klax klan franxx.png (300x303, 78K)

>The show was built around those characters, you moron.
Yes, so what? That doesn't mean that it doesn't have to be well-written and just shoehorn in a happy ending to pacify those characters' fans.

>you like to masturbate over authors you seem to have picked off of some internet list
Do I have to explain again that I named those specific authors for the sole reason that they all made important contributions to literary theory? Those are names you know, some of them only because of those contributions, not for their creative works.
That you don't know them is okay, but don't act as if no one could have that bit of basic knowledge.

>trying to explain the themes in a novel to someone who's read it and completely missed the point is pointless and would require way too much time
It wouldn't. I've done so many times in the past, with much success. People do appreciate if you point them to something they might have missed.
But, then again, you aren't interesting in that, are you? You just want to "win" this debate and now are avaiding to have to deliver on your claims.

>Binary thinking.
Well-written or not well-written. Yes. That is binary. Or can you name a third inbetween?

>the majority of the show's themes would have come full circle if they survived.
Which themes would that be? And what do you mean by "majority"? Do you think there can be hundreds of themes of which you only need 51% to apply? That's not how literature works.

>this is anime we're talking about, not high art.
Ah, I was wondering when the "anime is shit anyway" argument was going to come into play. Sorry, but now you've completely embarrased yourself. If you don't apply the same standards to anime that you apply to all other things, you might as well go do some "ironic shitposting" over in the shounen-war threads.

>shoehorn mitsukoko shit
>turn 02 into a brainless fucking husk
Goddammit fuck Atsushi "my team called me soft" Nishigori

>my argument is that the first cour is good
And yet you fail to substanciate that claim. How is an aimless mess of a half-story "good"?

>it doesn't have to be a masterpiece.
No, but it should be well-written. It isn't, and to fix that, you'll have to make changes early on.

>it's a show that shoves themes about teenage sexuality in your face and simulates sex by having teenagers pilot robots with ass handles.
Are you still arguing that parts of the show were "good"? Because right now it seems that you argue the opposite.

And the best part is, eternal virgin Hiro didn't even at least fuck that brainless husk.
Hahahaha.

>And that you still think that knowing about them makes me less credible and more pretentious shows your limited knowledge.
No, it's basically name dropping. Whether you know about them or not is irrelevant. The fact is that you want to brag about it and pretend you're an intellectual by mentioning them, when they're irrelevant to the conversation, and when 90% of Yea Forums most likely haven't read anything by them, means you're the exact kind of pretentious faggot I called you out for being initially. I took a couple of mandatory philosophy classes back in university, and it always incredibly obnoxious when we'd go out drinking, and my classmates would name drop philosophers with people we'd meet, who clearly had no fucking interest in talking about them.

>Those are the very things in the center of the works I was talking about.
No, they're broad concepts in that they can cover an enormous amount of different themes, stories and settings. Saying two different works are about the pursuit and nature of freedom, doesn't necessarily mean they cover the same topic, given how broad it is. Similarly, mentioning other literary works that have themes that can be superficially compared with Franxx (like romance and tragedy) doesn't say anything at all. It's just pseudo-intellectual wankery.

>To counter your claims that it can't ever work.
Are you retarded? I never made that claim. I said it didn't work in Franxx. Again, you seem to have such an incredibly superficial understand of themes, that if you think it fits in one work, then it means it universally works in all works, as if they're the same.

>But it seems you totally missed that point.
No, it's about name dropping. Everyone can see it.

>You can't even name one simple theme that mattered in the long run and now claim that you'd need "hours" to do so.
Unlike you, I prefer not to just drop buzzwords, but to actually discuss these themes like people did last year, but I don't have a whole lot of hours to waste.

Where my Hir02bros at?
Manga threads are only filled with MitsuKokoposters and cancerous Alphaposters.

Attached: 1528851255081.png (1200x731, 960K)

100 men...

Attached: 1540932546322.gif (600x338, 1.17M)

>just shoehorn in a happy ending
The bad ending was shorehorning in, you absolute retard. They constantly brought up defying fate, rewriting the picture book, not living to fight, not making the same mistakes as the klaxos by being turned into living weapons, not abandoning their humanity, not throwing away their lives, etc.

>That you don't know them is okay, but don't act as if no one could have that bit of basic knowledge.
This is hlarious, as you're literally parroting the exact behaviour that I predicted above. Good job, you living, breathing cliché.

>I've done so many times in the past, with much success.
I doubt it, given that you seem to miss the point and come off as an obnoxious dick. I wrote walls of text about Franxx and its themes during the show's run last year, and for about two months after the show ended. I've also forgotten about half of the themes and symbolism, given how much you could discover if you looked for it. The problems weren't with the themes themselves, but the fact that they started to contradict themselves in the final 6 episodes.

>Well-written or not well-written. Yes. That is binary. Or can you name a third inbetween?
Yes. Adequately written. I'm actually stunned. This is some of the most retarded shit I've ever seen.

>Do you think there can be hundreds of themes of which you only need 51% to apply?
Please stop being so fucking retarded. If you have a theme of survival, escape, rewriting the picture book to a happy ending and defying fate, and another theme about the transient nature of life (like 02's hair being compared to sakura) and 02 talking about how she loved humans in past tense, then you have two contradicting themes. One implies that they live, the other implies that they die.

>If you don't apply the same standards to anime that you apply to all other things
Right, because a shitty Marvel movie is held to the same standard as The Godfather, right? Fucking autist.

I'm still following the manga and merchandises of our wife.

Attached: zerotwohiro3.jpg (1378x1946, 470K)

>The bad ending was shorehorning in
Fact. Not only thematically, because it required far more asspulls/inconsistencies for them to die in that fight than it would have for them to return with their lives.

Attached: 1531325452769.png (940x1080, 855K)

This egg needs horns.

>And yet you fail to substanciate that claim. How is an aimless mess of a half-story "good"?
You've failed to substantiate that it's bad. You claiming that it's a mess doesn't prove anything, you idiot.

>No, but it should be well-written. It isn't, and to fix that, you'll have to make changes early on.
Opinion.

>Are you still arguing that parts of the show were "good"? Because right now it seems that you argue the opposite.
There's that autism again. You don't seem to understand that different things are held to different standards. For example, a book aimed at young adults are going to have simpler themes than a book aimed at adults. Similar, a superhero movie is likely going to have considerably more shallow, superficial characters and plots than an award winning drama by a renowned director. That doesn't mean that both categories can't exist or that they don't serve a purpose. It's the same with anime, which is full of tropes, stock characters and fan service, but can still be good in their own right, without being masterpieces.
But no, everything is just A or B to you.

>abomination of nature derivative insulting tranny clone of best girl

Attached: 1530130025258.gif (410x501, 1001K)

>No, it's basically name dropping.
It isn't, though. This started with me talking about Aristotle's catharsis hypothesis, which was on-point in that context, which you tried to ridicule.
As for the others, well, you could easily apply Freytag's five-act-drama structure to explain why the tension in Franxx was all over the place and how it basically didn't do a proper exposition, nor a proper fourth act.
Or you could, easily, go through Campbell's Hero's Journey to see where it first seemed to follow it and then totally messed up everything. (Though, I do consider the Hero's Journey overrated and overused in analysis nowadays.)

>my classmates would name drop philosophers with people we'd meet, who clearly had no fucking interest in talking about them.
We were talknig about writing, dumbass. If you talk about philosophy, don't be surprised if people start talking about certain philosophers.

>Saying two different works are about the pursuit and nature of freedom, doesn't necessarily mean they cover the same topic, given how broad it is.
You did not understand my argument, retard: It doesn't matter whether they are broadly about the same thing. What matters is that well-written drama can easily pull off an ending that directly opposes its main themes and often does so. That destroy your argument that Franxx' ending failed only because it did that. Other things do that same thing all the time and don't fail.

>I said it didn't work in Franxx.
No, you said that Fanxx' ending didn't work because of it.

>No, it's about name dropping. Everyone can see it.
You're getting desperate here. How about you apologize for being a dick about me citing Aristotle and leave it at that?

>I prefer not to just drop buzzwords, but to actually discuss these themes
I've just asked you to point them out. Either do that or don't, your decission. But you don't look good right now. And your insistence on not giving factual evidence makes it worse.

>Manga threads are only filled with MitsuKokoposters and cancerous Alphaposters.
That's because those characters are at the center of the story currently. Once their time in the spotlight passes their fans will calm down

The manga is shittier for basically treating Hiro and Zero Two as side characters in their own story.
I'm not opposed to more focus being given to other characters, but it shouldn't be at the cost of development for the main romance. Nishigori made this mistake in late-Franxx, Yabuki is making that mistake in early Franxx (and maybe it'll continue up until the ending)

Or is the manga currently considered to be in its second half since the manga was planned to end sooner? In which case he made the exact same mistake Nishigori did.

The path of the manga is also slightly slowly, and according to last chapters it shall focus again on Hir02. (But I agree that it's been a while since we haven't seen them, which is a bit frustating).

>The bad ending was shorehorning in
Just as much a a potential good ending, yes.

>hey constantly brought up defying fate, rewriting the picture book, not living to fight,
So what? You seem to think that that necessitates a happy ending. But, as discussed before, that's not the case. Hamlet does the exact opposite to what you seem to imply.

>Good job, you living, breathing cliché.
How about you fuck off, troll?

>I've also forgotten about half of the themes and symbolism
Dumbest statement ever made about themse and symbolism right there. You don't forget about those.

>The problems weren't with the themes themselves, but the fact that they started to contradict themselves in the final 6 episodes.
They started to contradict each other (not themselves), and long before that point.
The little there was of them.

>Adequately written.
Is "adequate" good or bad? Well, I guess we could argue what's adequate for an anime. But you're right now throwing around words with no context.

>One implies that they live, the other implies that they die.
No, themes do not imply anything of the sort. You seem to think that you can only ever approach a theme from one side and never the other. And that characters' failures to play into a certain theme can't strengthen that theme.
Again, I've explained before how Hamlet and Faust both manage to do that.

>because a shitty Marvel movie is held to the same standard as The Godfather
Yes, it is. That's exactly why you just called the "Marvel movie" shitty. Because you are applying higher standards to it.

The manga is also ending soon, right? And they're pretty much nowhere near how they were in the anime. They basically feel like strangers to each other, still.
And I don't think cramming a bunch of development in for them at the last moment is a good idea, either.

>which you tried to ridicule.
And I was spot on. And now you're doing it again, you fucking idiot.

>Though, I do consider the Hero's Journey overrated and overused in analysis nowadays
You're such a faggot.

>If you talk about philosophy, don't be surprised if people start talking about certain philosophers.
They weren't talking about philosophy, but brought it up randomly with people they'd never met. Since you're such a fucking idiot, let me explain it to you: first year university students love to brag about the shit they learn, because they think it makes them look smart. It's an extremely common occurrence, and you're a living embodiment of it.

>What matters is that well-written drama can easily pull off an ending that directly opposes its main themes and often does so.
Of course, you absolute fucking idiot. You can make an example of absolutely anything. You can write about any theme, have it defy itself and still make it coherent. That's not what we're talking about. We're talking about Franxx, without changing it to the point where it's unrecognizable.

>How about you apologize for being a dick about me citing Aristotle and leave it at that?
No, you're a fucking pretentious faggot. When you initially mentioned Aristotle, I only had a hunch, but it turns out I hit a complete fucking homerun when you autistically started listing more authors, which you kept doing in this thread.

Answer me this honestly though: do you have some kind of mental disorder?

>You've failed to substantiate that it's bad.
I've said before that the first half is already full of symbolism that doesn't pay off, has character arcs that it's not planning to do anything substancial with (Ikuno, Futoshi, Goro's feelings towards Ichigo), characters without themes, plotlines without themes and so on. Lots of empty drama.

>Opinion.
Somewhat. But there's a huge problem with the first half having basically no focus. A trend that continued into the second half.

>You don't seem to understand that different things are held to different standards.
Standards are what you apply. Not some objective grading system.
But if you say about something that it's "a show that shoves themes about teenage sexuality in your face and simulates sex by having teenagers pilot robots with ass handles" that sounds rather stupid, no matter the complexity of the characters or themes.

>It's the same with anime, which is full of tropes, stock characters and fan service, but can still be good in their own right, without being masterpieces.
That's a generalization of the worst kind. Anime is highly diverse. By the way: Tropes, "stock characters" or fan service don't say anything about quality, so I don't get what argument you are trying to make here. Seems more like you want to deflect from what actually matters: How well something is written.

>And I was spot on.
No, you were shitposting. And now you're doing it again, you fucking idiot.

>They weren't talking about philosophy
But we were talking about writing, you colossal retard. That's why bringing up Aristotle was appropriate.

>You can write about any theme, have it defy itself and still make it coherent. That's not what we're talking about.
Yes, you were. You literally said that Franxx ending failed BECAUSE it did that exact thing. Of course, if you want to take that back, be my guest.

>When you initially mentioned Aristotle, I only had a hunch, but it turns out I hit a complete fucking homerun when you autistically started listing more authors
To illiustrate a point, shithead.

And here is the point where I'll really start ignoring you. Have fun rambling on, troll.

It's obviously a conscious choice. She'd be an idiot for straying too far from her chosen style, considering she's getting a ton of Patreon bucks for it.

That sameface works well for a westernish zero two imo

>Just as much a a potential good ending, yes.
And what do you base that on, considering you missed all the themes and all the foreshadowing?

>Hamlet does the exact opposite to what you seem to imply.
Durr hurr. You don't seem to understand the medium at all, or how things are foreshadowed. It's one thing to subvert expectations, but when that happens, it's usually deliberate and obvious to the viewer. In the case of Franxx, it wasn't. No one saw it coming, and when it happened, no one agreed with how it was executed. Hell, before you started spering on like a retard, even you claimed the ending was bad, but your boner for superficial tragic endings have blinded you.

>You don't forget about those.
Then what kind of mentally ill freak are you, if you didn't even notice them in a show that rams them down your throat.

>The little there was of them.
Are you somehow unaware of the fact that this show was known for its excessive symbolism and themes? I'm not even saying it's a good or a bad thing, just that it was one of the things they pushed the hardest and that most people noticed and talked about.

>Is "adequate" good or bad?
There's that autism again.

>No, themes do not imply anything of the sort.
Ok, I can't discuss this with you anymore at this point. You've turned into a rambling, drooling retard. Are you saying themes of survival don't imply survival, when there is no intent by the author to subvert them?
I have to ask you again, do you have a mental illness?

>That's why bringing up Aristotle was appropriate.
No, it's about as relevant as bringing up Hamsun, who was extremely influential, but who most people haven't read unless they have a particular interest in literature or writing.

>You literally said that Franxx ending failed BECAUSE it did that exact thing.
Do you have zero understanding of nuance. It's one thing to deliberately choose to write about a theme, then deliberately subvert it and come up with a well written piece of fiction. It's another to haphazardly throw a bunch of contradictory themes together, and come up with an ending that the critics hate, the audience hates and that makes no thematic sense.

>To illiustrate a point, shithead.
Well yes. You illustrated to the point that I was spot on.

Anyway, you dodged my question about mental illness, which I guess you did because you're mentally ill.
I'll ask you again: do you have some kind of mental illness?

It's so sad that after all this time some people still defend this shit writing.

I don't think so, manga is about to adapt ep 13-15.

I think Yabuki planned to end it this year.

transcend plotfaggotry my dear brainlet

That sounds like a positive to me

Manga has no confirmed end date, I dont know where you guys get your info from

Also, posting the cutest manga page

Attached: 1551985253335(7).png (822x1200, 1.11M)

He's perfect in every way

Attached: r18.png (1234x1800, 1.67M)

indeed cute

Attached: v1ce33vdq4p01.png (1366x734, 530K)

We need more of him

Attached: 1558192427821.jpg (822x1200, 368K)

Looking at this thread and all these spammers that post the same things in every thread like some clockwork. So this is what true autism and obsession looks like?

Attached: luffy.jpg (640x480, 39K)

please do NOT talk bad about my wife and I will respect yours thank you

They are both garbage though. Just fap baits with good designs, but shit personalities. You don't really like your character. You just want to fap to her/fuck her

He's actually better in this than the anime.

you don’t know anything about me

you just described every thread on Yea Forums

Attached: 02.gif (316x280, 1.17M)

>plotfaggotry
Stupid buzzword. Fraxx was shit and no amount of denial will change that.

>spammers that post the same things in every thread
The same things? You mean like stupid wanpiss reaction pics?

At least those others thread have some new content and different anons or at least different pictures, unlike here where some anons post these same pics every week for 2 months straight due to lack of new content. No new anime material, books or posters. Fanart pretty rarely and manga every 2 weeks. No wonder these threads are so shit and anons are so obnoxious, when everyone is losing their minds because there is nothing new

nope, cuz she just turns into a subservient, boring piece of trash after the first half and then dies.

What was the point of the dropped school metaphor/motif, that ed was really selling one thing only to be a bait and switch later with no real pay off to it. There was no continuation, or even workable parallel symbolized in adolescence or graduatio. It just sort of ended, and you got a new ed.

>that post the same things in every thread like some clockwork
Now that is ironic.

>seething femdomfag
good

>she

But isn't that exactly what 02 is? Fits the image perfectly then

If you don't subscribe to memes, no.
Unless you want to claim Ichigo cheated on Goro by piloting with Hiro and later planned to cheat on him further by trying to become Hiro's co-pilot.

This saturday Mitsuru and Kokoro will finally pilot together for the first time and something unexpected/original might happen, what are your expectations for the chapter?

Attached: r23.png (1234x1800, 1.81M)

they die

MORE KLAXXOHIME PLEASE

Attached: 1554243742272.png (474x609, 377K)

Futoshi lewds!

Attached: r17.png (1234x1800, 1.76M)

They continue to be boring.

Fuck I love her design.

Everyone does. She's one of the few characters from this series that literally no one hates

Attached: 1552157431577.png (822x1200, 845K)

>What was the point of the dropped school metaphor/motif
What was the point of anything in this shitshow? The ending was just there, very much like the rest of the show was "just there".

>She's one of the few characters from this series that literally no one hates
At the point she showed up, literally no one cared enough about Franxx to invest hate into it.

Attached: 69880631_p0.png (908x1280, 665K)

and barely has any screentime and gets killed 4 episodes later after she is introduced, despite having ton of concept art

Attached: Himefags 1.0.jpg (1280x878, 843K)

I just wish she was more than an exposition device in the anime.

>memes
>piloting
02 comes off as highly sexual, isn't shy about being naked and appears knowledgeable about sex as she was going to show Hiro 'what comes after kissing'. And all this before she knew he was the darling of her childhood. If she was searching for her darling, what was she doing flirting with Hiro and calling him her darling then? Being slutty got nothing to do with piloting per se, but what is implied by her actions. Because to me, she was as forward with her previous partners as she was with Hiro. And Alpha had to compound that by mentioning the 100 men.

Sigh, I should have known. I wonder what I was even hoping for. There's really no place for Mitsukokofags unless they are manga/weekend threads

Attached: 046d8132a7510e599cb9e7bdcaa8d6b3.jpg (563x808, 82K)

My guess is Yabuki will combine episode 11 and 12. We won't see them go back to the garden, but 02 will go berserk and may or may not attempt to kill Hiro.
The unexpected/original part would be how Kokoro helps Mitsuru this time, in the anime she made a parallel about broken promises. This time, she didn't break any.

This is Yea Forums, there's no safe place for any character lmao. I cringe each time Mitsukoko's pic shows up in OP, because I know I'll be triggered one way or another by shitposters. I loiter the net waiting for their new fanart instead.

Attached: 1537512869313.jpg (1200x1200, 181K)

Alternative healing scene with Kokoro? I wanna see that. As my top OTP I'm happy with any new scenes they might get like the extended beach one or this

Attached: x4.png (822x1200, 741K)

Very true. Remember this guy, and how she was constantly lovey-dovey with him? Calling him Darling all the time and making out with him every second they were together?

Attached: code_081.png (249x659, 81K)

Don't be so melancholic. Just because you can't overwhelm and dominate a thread with constant MitsuKoko posts and pictures doesn't mean "there's no place for MitsuKokofags."

She treated Hiro the same way, going hot then cold. He was suffering with the tumor and she was all smug about it like it's a trophy or something. Called him fodder. No, 02 toys with her partners. Hiro was treated different later because she realized he's the original darling.

This might be better thing to do indeed. Usually there used to be more or at least in the weekend threads, but nowdays these threads have little to nothing to give for me so I just skip most of the pics and discussion, because I dont even care about most of the characters.

Still, I wonder if Yabuki will actually do the baby plotline or leave it to timeskip in favor of other possible story arcs or for being too risky for manga series

Attached: q3.png (822x1200, 3.78M)

Not even that, more like the reaction for them like before. Usually its something like: shit characters, boring, slut, whore, jobbers. I can't deny most of them, but still it's not that great when they get trashed all the time by onifags and etc. Truly curse to be in this fandom, if you care about them. I stopped triggering certain user(s) after one incident, so I don't want to "dominate" the threads. The usual response is just too negative to enjoy these threads

I love all the changes Yabuki did to Mitsukoko's story. The beach, saving Alpha and Delta, Mitsuru also appears more sensitive to Kokoro's feelings. But I'm glad the doll made an appearance, because I still want to see them with Ai and their other children. That's the one thing I don't want Yabuki to change.

>or for being too risky for manga series
No such thing. Manga in general have more freedom and can get away with a lot more risky stuff than anime can. I expect the baby thing to be a lot more intense in the manga, and after the shower scene last chapter I have no doubt that we're getting a lewd as fuck sex scene

But yeah, she was making out like crazy with that guy, right?
What a slut.

As if all characters don't get shit on.
Hiro gets called self-insert all the time.
Zero Two gets called evil slut all the time, too.

She was done with that guy at that point. She knew his time was almost up so was out there hunting for new fish. Happens to be 016.
>slut
Glad we agree.

If Yabuki doesn't deliver the Mitsukoko sex scene after making me wait this long I'll riot! lol

No, it's funny, because all evidence points to the contrary, yet you still insist that you're right because
>"hurr durr how did she know what comes after kissing"
>"hurr durr she called hiro darling and kissed him when she didnt know that he even was her original darling so she must do that to all partners"
>"muh 100 guys maybe even more xdd"
Don't you get embarrassed about being a broken record?

I don't think she was that forward with her previous partners, but:
>what was she doing flirting with Hiro and calling him her darling then
and she also said that Mitsuru wasn't fit to become her darling after riding with him so this might imply that she would have accepted anyone that could keep up with her. The writing is so over the place that even that "I found you my Darling" is a bit vague now, because it can mean he found his childhood crush or that she found her new prey. Same with Ichigos: "You sucked" which was supposed to be Ichigos self hatred originally, but got taken the wrong way by many that he thought Hiro was bad and the kiss sucked

I never understood why the blacked community liked her so much, there are not even black guys on the show.

Because they never did.

no

Instead of countering those points you just bait. Come back when you've grown an extra brain cell.

Although the manga has barely given us any Hiro and Zero Two development, at least it makes this point a lot more clear.
Zero Two starts out thinking Hiro is her original Darling and only stops believing that he is later on. This was an argument I've seen made in anime threads during 14-15 too, but it could never be substantiated and in some ways was contradicted by the characters.

Because cuckfags are diseased.

>spiderfag accusing others of baiting
>still insists on his meme arguments
Now this is psychological projection.

Stop embarrassing yourself.

you first cuck

A bitch by any other backstory is still a bitch.
Backstory explains behavior but does not excuse it.

sore loser kek

>Zero Two starts out thinking Hiro is her original Darling and only stops believing that he is later on.
This is the correct interpretation. The library scene in the anime hints at this heavily.

Manga and anime canon should be separate. Too many deviations in the manga to use it to clarify the anime.

Maybe so, but the anime isn't blatant enough with it, so people can pick any position they want.
With the manga, you can't argue around it- it's just how it is.

Exactly this. So if people sees 02 as a slut for such behavior it's because the writers encouraged it.

Probably just wait until the inevitable OVAs that fix the pacing and plot issues. But you yes shes worth every second

>Probably just wait until the inevitable OVAs that fix the pacing and plot issues.
You will be waiting for decades.

It's time

Probably true but its probably the only way to salvage it now, they did it with other shows before so maybe not that its all that important

OVA? When the manga isn't even officially translated?

There is no reason for them to make an OVA.
Nishigori went off with his money and DiTF is slowly dying. It will start rotting once the manga is finished.

I hope the manga never gets an official English release, because fan translations would stop completely

>anime isn't blatant enough with it
It is but not enough to prevent shitposting.
>With the manga, you can't argue around it- it's just how it is.
Pretty much. I remember the team saying when asked about it that it was, "self explanatory."

Post the best couple (for me) last time before the next chapter and since the thread is ending

Attached: D8jk2b1V4AADhHM.jpg (700x1000, 96K)

>self explanatory
In other words 'make up your own interpretation.'
He should have just asked for the next question instead.

I bought doujin direct from that artist, it hasn't arrived yet, but she said that when buying direct from her, the doujin would be uncensored. Looks like she's working on the next doujin. Can't wait!

Attached: 1528393934702.jpg (2048x1448, 252K)

Directly? So she can send them overseas as well? I'm getting mine from toranoana because I don't know any better. She did offer it to me too, but I didnt know what it meant then

Attached: 1FNeWtDbebgiG3AC7xWcAA.png (715x1000, 561K)

Apparently that's what it meant to some, so I understand the need to make it black and white in the manga.

I messaged her in pixiv. I can't navigate toranoana. I had to repeat the uncensored part because I wasn't sure what I was reading lol. Yes, I'm getting mine shipped via EMS. It cost extra 10 USD though, but I don't want to wait any longer than I have to.

I don't know, Yabuki made so many alterations, so I prefer to keep manga canon separate from the anime. I like the manga a lot better though.

>Yabuki made so many alterations
He's bascially doing the massive rewrite lots of people in here claimed wasn't necessary. And, hell, he might even end up killing Hir02 as well, and whatever happens, it'd naturally be much better than the anime.