Is she really supposed to be that evil?

Is she really supposed to be that evil?

Ruthless, definitely. Shitty? 100%. But evil? She doesn't seem particularly sadistic or cruel.

She's basically just isekai Oberstein. Compare that to the Overlord guy, who will commit war crimes on you if you're unlucky enough to wander onto his foyer uninvited.

Attached: Tanya_in_Anime.jpg (285x356, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/interview/2019-06-08/the-saga-of-tanya-the-evil-author-carlo-zen-and-english-translator-emily-balistrieri/.146974
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Good and Evil is relative.

Its easy to brand your enemies as evil, and most important of all, Tanya being blatantly against Being X, their god, makes it much easier to brand her as evil.

If I had sex with her is it gay?

only if you suck her dick

only if you're a girl, but that's okay

>Is she really supposed to be that evil?
No.

You moron, its just how people perceive him due to misunderstandings.

She’s a pacifist and a pragmatist.

>the Overlord guy, who will commit war crimes on you
Ainz did nothing wrong.

>Compare that to the Overlord guy, who will commit war crimes on you if you're unlucky enough to wander onto his foyer uninvited.
It's called the castle doctrine, which is completely legal you retard.

On the other hand, labeling literal treating civilians as combatants so that you can have an excuse to roast them all alive is the very definition of a war crime.

Reposting

animenewsnetwork.com/interview/2019-06-08/the-saga-of-tanya-the-evil-author-carlo-zen-and-english-translator-emily-balistrieri/.146974

A dual interview from >Animenewsnetwork with the Youjo Senki author and translators together. In case you wanted to know Carlo Zen's opinions on the Nazis.

>There is also the issue of people in different countries having different recollections of the World Wars, which affects how they perceive The Saga of Tanya the Evil in turn. Carlo Zen stressed that although The Saga of Tanya the Evilincorporates elements from World War II, he deliberately chose not to include references to Nazism.

>“On a gut level, I hate Nazis. It wouldn't do to write a story that shows Nazis doing cool things. If Nazis were in the story, it would make the question of which side is pure evil much more straightforward, but a story about a genocidal war would have to be handled with sensitivity. The Empire in this story is based on a what-if scenario where the German empire unified under the Großdeutsche Lösung ("Greater German solution"), so that all German-speaking peoples came together under one state. If peace had managed to continue throughout the 1910s and war broke out later, during the years between World War I and World War II, how would things be different? In that scenario, there wouldn't be any room for a demagogue like Hitler to come into power. ”

>It is for this reason thatCarlo Zendoes not like the term “loli nazi,” which he has seen the English-speaking audience use to describe Tanya. “When I see the term, I think, 'Hmm, that's strange. How come they think so?' She's certainly not a hero, but she's not that kind of evil. Ultimately, she's a pragmatist.”

tl;dr stop calling Tanya a nazi
Also
tl;dr also ANN and Crunchyroll are fucking morons for immediately calling her a nazi

The jap title is Military Chronicles of a Girl. Tanya the Evil is just "localization" to make the anime seem edgier.

I WANT TO TELL TANYA SHE LOOKS SO CUTE IT'S A WAR CRIME

Attached: 1508284379905.jpg (768x1024, 151K)

DAMN SMOOOOTH MAN

I want to impregnate Tanya so she can have a comfortable life in the rear!

The whole point is that she's not evil but everyone, both ally and enemy, sees her as evil.

Attached: 14.jpg (869x1249, 182K)

They weren’t civilians though

They witnessed them shooting POWs and had collected the evidence on tape. They were non-uniformed enemy combatants at that point. You can’t commit war crimes and expect not to be shot in the face by the other side

She's kind of low-key evil.

>civilians defending themselves against enemy soldiers are non-uniformed combatants

Is her magic really 8th tier?

Spiritually homo.

This. If you view Being X as an absolute objective good then Tanya is the absolute objective evil, but only from that particular persepective.

Well if she's going against God and God is good and determines what is good then Tanya must be evil less the divine says otherwise

>civilians defending themselves
Nonsense. They were defending their country.

they're unlawful combatants, so yes Tanya was more than justified on blowing them up

Define evil

Attached: 1559503473628.png (692x741, 484K)

>The Empire in this story is based on a what-if scenario where the German empire unified under the Großdeutsche Lösung
This was obvious to me from the beginning.
How could anyone with some idea of general history not realize this?

unecessary cruelty

How do you know if some cruelty is necessary or not?

o god o no le epic debater has got me lads!

Attached: 57238936_174304436891010_2556649290910924800_n.jpg (608x538, 24K)

Murican education, of course.

>Define evil
There is no such thing outside the imagination of men.

No but it is pedophilia.

>only cares about himself, everyone else be damned
>not evil

>wants to establish an utopia for all
>evil

Your logic is fucked up.

One runs a farm for skinning people alive and kidnaps entire populations to torture them to death in experiments that make Mengle look nice, the other just tries to survive a war.

>She's basically just isekai Oberstein.
Damn, now I actually want to watch the show.

Headpats only until 16.

Attached: 1559304299739.jpg (1055x1639, 786K)

I want to commit a (war) crime

VOLUME 6 WHEN

30th of next month on amazon

How would she fare in an Otome Isekai as the heroine?

Nobody cares about what is done to the partisans, the problem there was that everyone, including the innocent civilians were designated as partisans. Whipe technically legal and technically an order, tanya herself came up with the idea in the war college and she was the one executing it.

Mom not having my tendies ready and bed made when I get home from a LAN party.

Attached: D4135C4A-7EEA-4DA6-B6CC-74363C75DDA9.jpg (1059x687, 386K)

I want to commit a war crime upon Tanya.

Kill yourself ironic weeb fag. And all the replies. Kill yourselves aswell

If you didn't know that she used to be a dude then it wouldn't be gay.
If you did know, then it's a bit more arguable, but I'd still say that it isn't.
Unless you're a woman, then it is pretty gay.

What are some other bad English titles that were probably cooked up by a Japanese person with a tenuous grasp of the language?

Then you got bad English titles that sound lik they were cooked up by greasy showbiz marketers, like "Cat Planet Cuties"

Tanya came up with the idea during a thought exercise. She literally did it for fun, just to break the tedium of the classroom because those theoretical discussions usually went nowhere. I'd even dare say that she thought they'd never put it into practice.

The joke is that everyone around her thinks she's evil, even if they like her like her subordinates or the General Staff. How else could a 10 year old girl be so ruthless and devious in war? Also she regularly suggests unthinkable strategies that work, and concepts like total war.

She also tends to think of the military as a corporation, which leads her to make rather psychotic decisions that don't take into account basic morality; ie, referring to her fellow soldiers as "human resources" as though they were regular wageslaves. It is a pretty funny joke I never get tired of.

Considering that urban combat against non-uniformed partisans is continuing to this day and militaries still haven't figured out how to deal with it, the problem is still relevant and Tanya's theory is a valid solution to that problem.

Actual civilians should flee designated battlefields, even if it's the middle of a city. Everyone in baghdad and fallujah should have fled to non-battlefield cities so that the military could secure the city from partisans and make it safe to return to. Instead the civilians stayed and provided shelter and aid to the partisans.

Frankly I think Tanya's solution is entirely appropriate. Wipe out a few cities like that and everyone in the world will get the message about hanging around battlefields not wearing uniforms.

>if
you will never have sex with anyone

Same. The parts in volume 5 where she agonizes over a retarded lieutenant who she wants to shoot, but human resources are scarce so she'd rather make him not retarded, is hilarious.

It also gets a bit sadder at times, such as when Tanya laments the loss of lives who had the potential to offer much more to their country than their lives, for example, working in laboratories or universities. It is still a tad humorous because of her usual detachment, but it also helps humanize her.

But then you get hordes of "refugees" leaving battlefields, including insurgents, which the leftists at home would gladly accept into their countries.
Truly, total war is the only solution.

>Isekai Oberstein loli

Literally perfect, thank you user

Attached: everyBodyHatesOberstein.jpg (400x556, 89K)

Not when the refugees will destabilize enemy nations or allies of your current enemy. Then letting them run away from your boarders and into theirs can be helpful. Then again, there's also the risk that they'll your their armed forces against you, so you really need to make sure that a lot of refugees flee there, so that the problems they cause surpass the help they'll provide.

join their armed forces*

It's what the British did in Malaysia and it's considered the model example for how to conduct a counterinsurgency. So actually from a modern perspective Tanya's solution is the model answer from both a military and ethical stance

Enemy nations would gladly foot the bill to bus refugees to your border, if traitors at home want to take them in. Plus, if there are hidden "insurgents" in the caravan they won't be filtered out and might even get some nifty chemicals or explosives.

In pre patriotic brainwash times soldiers were supposed to fight and civilians ere supposed to stay put. Partisans which meant any civilian who partook in any form of combat against enemy soldier could be shot wjere he stood and had no rights.

>Is the mass murdering war criminal really a bad person
Off yourself

Yes, that's the point. In the first place why would you would ever assume that a post replying to another post in such a manner would be supportive of it is beyond me. The civilians weren't taking up arms in personal self defence, they were participating in warfare, therefore they were non-uniformed combatants.

It is clear multiple times in the novel that Tanya is always very careful to observe both the spirit and letter of the rules. She is not a war criminal.

More the letter than the spirit.

>It's called the castle doctrine
No, it's called entrapment.
Dressing up in a funny chicken costume and then inviting people to your own house owner doesn't give you free reign to feed them to cockroaches, torture them to death, and then hunt them for sport after you take the costume off.

Attached: 154729472192.jpg (373x346, 15K)

Dude they were shooting unarmed soldiers that they had already captured. It was a literal execution.

Story stole from Kaiserreich.

In the manga it’s at least 10th tier.

should i just read tanya's manga? the anime is so fucking ugly.

Attached: 1558713489184.png (871x870, 594K)

Well yes, but as a military otaku she knows that ignoring the spirit won't save her if the war goes badly, so she's very careful about these things.

It does if you are a feudal lord, however. The NW isn't a liberal state like our world; stop looking at it through contemporary lenses if you want to defend or defy this subject from a legal stance.

There is no modern-historical dichotomy about this. It is not ambiguous at all.

Youjo Senki literally means little girl chronicles. EOP brianlets at enterbrain made it Saga of Tanya the Evil

>EOP brianlets at enterbrain
Enterbrain is the japanese publisher, I'd be rather surprised if they have staff that don't know japanese.

i wonder if tanya got any of her superior officers executed post-war over the arene massacre, francois republic really didn't agree with the empire handled that situation. when tanya proposed that tactic at the war college she said history is written by the victors, but i don't believe the empire won the war

Tanya most definitely is cruel.
Cruel does not mean you enjoy causing others to suffer.
It just means you don't care.

No, but it would make you a pedo.

then you'd think they could rub up the two brain cells required to properly translate 幼女戦記

tanya isn't ugly, she cute

Could be that they changed it at the behest of the Crunchyroll and made it Engrish just for the hell of it. The japs usually aren't big fans of completely changing their titles, and the edginess factor is almost definitely from western ideas of localization.

Kys

eat shit duck-fuckers, her manga design is cuter and looks like an actual little girl, not a midget with a facial deformation

>LAN party
Is this still a thing?

Not that user, but wow. That has to be the shittiest reply I've seen in quite some time.

I don't hate the anime design myself, though prefer manga one, but why do you even ask here, you just answered yourself.

Different user, shit reply for a shit opinion.

>inviting people
Citation, please. He certainly baited them with an info and riches, but he never invited anyone.
It's more like me leaving an expensive laptop and a stack of dollars out in the open on my lawn seemingly unsupervised while I have a SWAT team ready to intercept.
It's not ok to steal shit when it's unguarded.

No and deep down she wants to be broken. Instead of being in the rear she can take it up the rear.

Through intermediaries he literally hired them to invade Nazarick. It goes beyond mere baiting.

this is something i've been wondering since the first japanese pv came out, i wish some interviewer would just ask kadokawa, NUT or even carlo zen who decided the english title since it first appeared in the anime promotions

Attached: st.jpg (800x800, 202K)

>hired
It implies some sort of a legitimate transaction. Invading an another country to loot some ruins is anything but. It's not even the grey area. It's illegal no matter how you spin it.
It's like me pacing a bounty on myself.
I'm a criminal, but it's still not ok for an assassin to kill me.

>Invading an another country to loot some ruins is anything but.
Maybe nowadays, but not throughout most of history and therefore probably the fantasy world they're in. War, looting, assasinations etc. being illegal and shit is modern as fuck. Some things migth be frowned upon, but international law simply wasn't here for the majority of time.

It was still a really shitty thing to do though, don't get me wrong. Just for different reasons.

>not throughout most of history
It never was ok to do shit on a property which is owned by another master without his permission.
You can ignore him if the master is weak and you have a decent force, but it still wasn't ok.

Yep, can agree. My point is, it wasn't strictly 'illegal' per se, no one would prosecute you on that or anything.

Ah, yes, totally. An international law is a very new concept indeed.
My point is that(bait or no bait) workers agreed to an equivalent of assassin-for-hire business in terms how shady it was because the dough was that good.
We know that it wasn't an act of desperation for Arche group: it was tough, but they managed to get by.
They were relatively good people at heart blinded by greed.

Might makes right

Evil is not a thing that people can be, only their actions can be interpreted that way. Tanja is selfish and ruthless, but not sadistic or irrationally cruel or fanatic.
Overall I would say that she‘s not more evil than your average WW1 commander while being far more competent.

"there was no good or evil in WWII" needs to be even smaller micro brain

They were told it was a newly discovered ruin, indirectly by Ainz. It's not wrong to loot a ruin, nobody owns it as treasure trove laws probably dont exist. Yes, it was actually owned property, but if you go out of your way to invite someone to legally loot your property while telling them that it doesn't belong to anybody and then treat them as invaders then it's pretty cut and dry that this is not an okay thing to do.

I think you need to come to grips with the fact that user is a sociopath. user doesn't realize that even if what said invader is doing is wrong, that doesn't make any of user's proposed actions morally, ethically, or lawfully justifiable when a bigger picture is revealed. it just makes everyone guilty/criminal.

Well, technically, what they did wasn't criminal. From their perspective they were just exploring some ruins.

>Ironic
Why do so many autists don't know what irony is?

She's not over-the-top evil but she's a trashy human being by all accounts.

The LN is better. The manga seems kind of like its own thing even if it follows along the story; it's definitely more bombastic and over the top. If you're into that, then the manga is for you.

And Ainz was the mightiest in that situation.

if you're trying to impregnate her in the rear, you're doing it wrong

Ideally you screen refugees and monitor them closely in camps or wherever they're accepted, and you search them thoroughly for weapons upon entry to the safe zone.

Aren't Workers, inherently, an illegal profession?

Personally I doubt it. Also while it's clear that the commonwealth didn't lose the war, I don't think it's clear that the Empire lost the war. The sense I get is that they fought to a stalemate and eventual peace treaty, given that the magitech researcher guy was able to not only join the priesthood, but also wasn't forced to give up military secrets to the enemy and is even still monitored in case he does leak secrets.

I think in one of the afterwords in the LN Carlos says he came up with the entire title, including the English portion, and that he was surprised the publisher didn't make him change it.

They illegally crossed into the Kingdom, to secure riches from within the Kingdom's borders.

God forbid the camps don't immediately allow everyone in, or else those same traitors at home will complain you're dehumanizing them.
If you *absolutely must* accept refugees, then militarized internment camps are the only logical choice.

why all those Nazi officers trust in a 10-years-old girls for the massive Expeditionary Force?

Does anyone knows where to find the LN?

I agree with you man, the real problem is the fucking media undermining the war effort.

1. They're not nazis
2. She's like 12 by the point of going to Africa to fight under von Rommel
3. She's a highly decorated war veteran by that point, having fought victoriously in three theaters and having shown incredible valor in her first engagement at the literal start of the war. She's also been to the military academy and performed so well that she was made honorary nobility. Tanya's the model Imperial officer.

Which is not a crime against a dungeon. It is a crime against the kingdom. The dungeon does not have a recognized government. Your argument requires Nazarick to be considered Kingdom property by the inhabitants of Nazarick if they were to use that.

The usual places, user. Please don't ask people to spoonfeed you.

If it's a crime against the Kingdom, it's a crime against Nazarick. To the residents of Nazarick, it "is" a Kingdom with Ainz-sama as its leader.
The workers are invaders in, like, 4 different ways.

Does he talk about how the translator massively fucks up the military rankings?

Attached: 1460735778626.png (859x720, 786K)

they translator is interviewed
>“I'll admit that I made some mistakes. For example, I didn't know about Shackleton's ad, so I didn't translate the reference properly. I found people complaining about that on the internet, so I made sure the manga version used the correct wording.”

>“It's the little things like that that I find the most difficult,” Balistrieri admits. Yet it was through The Saga of Tanya the Evil that she came to learn more and appreciate history. “One of the reasons I agreed to translate it is because I wanted to learn more. While translating the early volumes I watched Dunkirk and Darkest Hour - both were very interesting. I also read All Quiet on the Western Front, and though it was very good, Ernst Jünger's Storm of Steel was the most striking. War is terrifying, and that's why we should never forget it.”

What mistakes with the military rankings? I'm in the military and didn't notice anything obviously wrong reading only the translated LN.

i think the compaint was using ground force rankings instead of air force rankings and terminology

In the USA the US Air Force uses the same officer ranks as the US army, but uses slightly different enlisted ranks. In Youjo Senki, I believe the mage corps is still part of the Imperial Army and not a seperate branch like the Navy is.

In the USA only the US Navy and US Coast Guard use naval ranks (admiral, lieutenant commander, captain is an O-6 instead of O-3, etc), while the Air Force, Army, and Marines all use the same ranks for officers (2LT, 1LT, Cpt, Major, LtCnl, Colonel, then the general ranks).

So I don't think it was a mistake, rather it was translating the ranks from german ranks to american ranks to make more sense for english readers. I think UK uses roughly the same ranks as America does, but I never looked it up so I'm not sure.

>Dude they were shooting unarmed soldiers that they had already captured.
yeah like that never happened historically

I want to see her get raped.

Attached: soviet_soldiers_berlin_rape.jpg (1212x1600, 227K)

she will the author already hinted the future

found the post in the archive i read over a year ago complaining about the translation

Attached: wing battaltion.png (1854x266, 32K)

>The workers are invaders in, like, 4 different ways.
All 4 ways being overshadowed by the fact that Ainz literally invited them in

>Ainz
Doesn't create a reason to kill others, leaves the choice to them
>Tanya
Creates a reason to kill innocents as well as tries to find loopholes to escape punishment

Attached: 1558039099117.png (794x419, 211K)

To test his defence, a test for Albedo as well a political move against the Empire. They could have not entered, Ainz had no intention of stopping them, they even found gold they wouldn't be able to spend in their entire life outside of Nazaick. After the episode aired perhaps it was away to stop salty people, author tweeted out how to survive Nazarick, which was pretty much 'don't enter'.

Genderbent isn't gay

I did my thesis on 17th century war memoirs (mostly the Thirty Years' War and from the Great Turkish War) and allied forces fighting alongside Germans getting outraged at how the Germans excessively abused prisoners was a constant theme. In the Vienna campaign the Poles would take Turkish prisoners and Germans would literally sneak into their camps to murder the prisoners. When they had any of their own prisoners and a bit more time they'd amuse themselves by doing shit like skinning them alive.

It's particularly striking in the Great Turkish War since the Holy League allies mostly seem to see the Turks as respectable opponents, made weak by the prosperity and decadence of the infidel Ottoman Empire. Meanwhile the Germans tend to be viewed as crude, vile barbarians only tolerable because they're fellow Christians.

"Germans are cruel by nature and incapable of showing self-restraint in victory" one of the memoirs summarised. And that's from an ally.

>implying you can rape an Aryan
One of principles of nazi ideology was that strong people with better genetics should spread.
Their mistake was thinking that them were superior.
Life verified their mistake proving that allies and soviets were indeed superior breed of mankind.
So any true nazi female would want to be genetically enriched by strong american army or red army soldier, for he proved to be superior than german soldiers and by breeding with victors they would better german genetic stock making them more likely to win next time as they would carry genes of victors not loser. It cannot be rape for by their ideology, the semen of the winners is exactly what they want.

Fuck off with your moral relativism.

Attached: nazis subhumans.png (1384x1155, 340K)

Shalom, to think we'd meet here.

Attached: 1551250116779.jpg (292x257, 15K)

>"author tweeted out how to survive Nazarick, which was pretty much 'don't enter'"
>a few LNs later Nazarick starts invading and slaughtering civilians from other nations in continental-scale falseflag operations
sausage heinz-sama

>"I speak Spanish to God, Italian to women, French to men, and German to my horse."
>-- Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor

Attached: charles_v.jpg (577x630, 90K)

>continental-scale falseflag operations
What do you mean by this? Is this bait? I hope you don't mean that Ainz and Jaldabaoth are in cahoots. There is literally no evidence and Ainz himself had to go over there to help their country out of kindness. He didn't ask for any rewards from the country and let it rebuild itself, he had earned himself a demon maid with his own strength. Stop your tinfoil hat theories

From the WW1 invasion of Belgium:

>General von Hausen, commanding the Third Army, found, like von Kluck, that the “perfidious” conduct of the Belgians in “multiplying obstacles” in his path called for reprisals “of the utmost rigor without an instant’s hesitation.” These were to include “the arrest as hostages of notables such as estate-owners, mayors, and priests, the burning of houses and farms and the execution of persons caught in acts of hostility.” Hausen’s army were Saxons whose name in Belgium became synonymous with “savage.” Hausen himself could not get over the “hostility of the Belgian people.” To discover “how we are hated” was a constant amazement to him. He complained bitterly of the attitude of the D’Eggremont family in whose luxurious château of forty rooms, with greenhouses, gardens, and stable for fifty horses, he was billeted for one night. The elderly Count went around “with his fists clenched in his pockets”; the two sons absented themselves from the dinner table; the father came late to dinner and refused to talk or even respond to questions, and continued in this unpleasant attitude in spite of Hausen’s gracious forbearance in ordering his military police not to confiscate the Chinese and Japanese weapons collected by Count D’Eggrernont during his diplomatic service in the Orient. It was a most distressing experience.

German autism is a thing to behold.

Attached: 1548781672368.jpg (500x482, 30K)

is this girl going to defeat Tanya or she's another jobber like her dad?

forgot pic

Attached: Mary_Sioux_Anime.jpg (1280x738, 73K)

>They were told it was a newly discovered ruin, indirectly by Ainz

> Sir, this dude has discovered stack of dollars on this man's lawn

No, it's still doesn't sound good.
>this is not an okay thing to do
Never said it was. My point is that workers are still bad people in this scenario.
They took an incredibly shady job which wasn't sanctioned by the Kingdom government just to get rich.

>they didn't have a loicense issued by the gubmint to do their work so they're bad blokes
Based and sconepilled

Attached: 141327489231742.gif (265x200, 1.96M)

From what I gathered in the occasional thread that i check out, she's more powerful than Tanya and would probably destroy her completely, but her side refuses to deploy her since they mistake her for what Tanya is due to her wishes to actually participate in the war.

Read the manga then the LN. The manga has nice visuals to help you understand the story and characters, and is compact enough to not skip out on much from the source material. If you're not a brainlet like me, then you might be better off reading the LN from the get-go.

...yes? Doing stuff on the other country's soil hoping that they are too preoccupied with other matters looks like a bad plan to me.

Mary Sue can easily defeat Tanya purely on raw Magic Power and has the Blessing of 3 Gods but Tanya always outsmarted her because Mary Sue always fight out of blind rage against Tanya which was used against her and the Allies

She wins in raw combat ability, but Tanya's not retarded enough to let things come down to a 1v1 fair fight

Are there any LNfags here? I thought I read in a thread a while back that she jobs hard to Tanya in the LN multiple times, like Tanya straight up beat her down with the rifle Mary gave to her father

Attached: 005_30.png (1909x1032, 3.82M)

Mary Sue always job because of blind rage every time she see Tanya

Her commanding officer got so tired of her shit that he benched her from fight multiple times

Attached: 1488855363531.jpg (1318x2000, 1.58M)

From a military perspective, the translation still doesn't bother me. Including first names should be done, strictly from the perspective of translating what the author actually wrote, but it's not a huge loss. Being a battalion instead of a wing when it's not clear that there's separate air doctrine within the Army in Tanya's universe also doesn't bother me, since mages are treated like attack helicopters more than anything and clearly the universe is not at the tech level to have helicopter squadrons. Mages seem to be treated as regular soldiers who can levitate more than anything, as opposed to soldiers taking the role of fighter planes or bombers.

LN5 expands on Tanya's magical powerlevel, Serebryakov outright states that her magical capacity and ability are on the average side, among mages, but she fights with skill. The only times her magical ability is overwhelmingly powerful is when she uses the Type 95, which is god-level hacks anyway, and she only uses it rarely. After she gets command, she scales way down on using it and focuses on leadership which is appropriate for her rank and position. Mary Sioux, on the other hand, has incredible magical strength which makes her a serious threat even when she fights mindlessly enraged, which regularly gives Tanya a way to manipulate the situation to survive/escape, or to put her down for the engagement even if she doesn't die.

As a milfag, I more enjoy Tanya's thoughts on strategy and leadership than anything else in the novels. It's like a fantasy where my superior officers aren't mouthbreathing retards, and acts as an example of what competent military leadership would look like. If only ever female officer was an isekai'd sociopathic japanese salaryman, I'd be a very happy camper, like Major Weiss.

why hasn't there been a new manga translation?

Translator is a good guy and will let our Lord Yen Press to take over.

Sky got sued.