Happy Sugar Life

What are your feelings towards Sato, the most unique anime girl of 2018?

strawpoll.me/18131704

Attached: 1559662693209.jpg (1081x1080, 59K)

>Pink haired girl

Need you even ask? Trash, of course.

She was a good girl.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Happy Sugar Life - 11 [720p].mkv_snapshot_06.55_[2018.09.21_23.39.24].jpg (1280x720, 64K)

lolwut

she was fucked in the head but had good intentions

Would abduct her into my sex dungeon and gave her my definition of love.

>9 votes for she's a bitch and I hate her
Now that's just not nice.

>pinkshit yandere
>unique
LOL

the way the show put us into her mindset was great. when you think about the situation as an outsider looking in, she should be arrested.

Attached: 1533486275933.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

I really want her to give birth to my children

This show was unironically extremely well made. Only the source material was trash.

I really want to give birth to her children

I really want her and Shio to give birth to each other's children

She was a retard for turning kidnapping into a murder

If one of Sato's numerous boyfriends got her pregnant, would she have loved the baby the same way she loved Shio?

Attached: 1560016959509.jpg (1280x721, 92K)

I still don't understand why the Painter tried to strangle Shio.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Happy Sugar Life - 11 [720p].mkv_snapshot_20.31_[2018.09.21_23.55.14].jpg (1280x720, 70K)

He was jealous, duh

she was retarded for going back for the ring also her auntie is bad at arson

Was this show good?

Yes

Attached: 1538158296721.jpg (1920x1080, 428K)

Probably the most well directed television show of 2018, not even joking. Pity for the lackluster animation and terrible stock designs/backgrounds. Had they given this show a bigger animation budget, and had the production committee/director been willing to take a more unique and unorthodox approach to what the show was supposed to look like, it could have been one of the best of the decade. Plays around with its themes extremely well, though. Pretty hard to actually find genuine, ethical fault in most character's action, which is pretty impressive given how they are all irredeemable sociopaths.

it's garbage

Once we lost all the edgy and slut posters it seemed that most people that were left really liked it.
Assuming you don't instantly hate series for either of those things there seems to be a good chance to like it. I think it was top 10 if not top 5 anime for the year.

Attached: sugar life mitsuboshi headpat.webm (852x480, 1.73M)

>Probably the most well directed television show of 2018
This has to be bait.

Her overseas plan was retarded too. What's the worst that could happen if Asahi got his sister back? Didn't they swear to love each other forever anyway?

Noone with a functional brain actually considers VEG or SSSS Shitman to be well directed, kVIN. And Starlight as well as Ameagari simply fail at walking to final mile. Beyond that, there weren't any serious contenders.

did nothing wrong

It's happy and sweet. Also something about life. I think.

Attached: 9a7958ac6a96a6fc8e84c82f955db203.jpg (992x992, 75K)

Is it something like Gakkou Gurashi?

AOTY 2018 for me.

Attached: 1534361703377.png (1280x1440, 2.09M)

>Kana Hanazawa
>solid direction
>interesting characters
>cute loli
>excellent OP by nanawoakari
It's pretty good. Also Shio is probably one of my favorite lolis.

Attached: 1557516666635.jpg (728x1035, 309K)

>Shio is probably one of my favorite lolis.
She's barely a character.

Not really. Just everyone's crazy and yandere being yandere. You can have a clash between cutesy stuff and harsh and gory reality.

The editing on the show was top notch.

Attached: reborn.webm (1280x720, 541K)

I like her because her childish innocence truly shines in a story full of nutjobs.

Then this happens

>oh you just killed your friend and we're going to Mexico?
>it's fine, you did good
little cunt should've died too

it was garbage

She showed good understanding at what should happen to traitors, even at such a young age.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Happy Sugar Life - 09 [720p] 00.22.21-00.23.27.webm (960x540, 2.89M)

Attached: holy Shit Anon.png (580x677, 128K)

giving a 8yo kid agency is the worst thing the author could do

The plan was to escape to Mexico? I don't remember that.

Attached: 1557741427645.jpg (640x775, 106K)

What the fuck was Asahi's plan when he got Shio back? He can't even take care of himself, let alone Shio. His mom already demonstrated that she couldn't take care of even one child, let alone two, and she's probably going to jail soon. Were Asahi and Shio just going to sleep under park benches together until they starved to death?

I get the feeling that every single one of you people who asks
>what was X's plan
really did not get the show. I don't use this meme very often, but you people are trying really hard to appear like literal retards. Did you seriously not understand how this show put all its energy into commenting on the phenomenon of nurture vs nature and how it spawns people who are completely detached from reality? Or how it demonized obsession?

It's not like Asahi would lock her up, if she wanted she could return to Sato and Asahi would know that his sister isn't in the hands of some fat old man. He has shown that he was willing to let go of her in the end.

This

Attached: 1555465089319.png (1000x814, 1.15M)

The point is that Asahi believes that just getting Shio back is going to somehow fix his broken family, when all he would be doing is dragging Shio back to share their misery.
While Satou eventually learned to respect Shio and treat her as her own person, Asahi demonstrated that he would not listen to what Shio actually wanted and was only forced to stand down when Shio showed that she was willing to fight Asahi to protect Satou.

By the end Asahi was just as bad as Satou at the start, and he was even willing to commit murder to get Shio back.

Attached: shio squares up.png (1920x1090, 884K)

nah I was just thinking of those madoka pics where they go to Mexico to get pregnant
Except Sato never trusted her anyway, which is why she was investigating in the first place

>Asahi demonstrated that he would not listen to what Shio actually wanted
>he was even willing to commit murder to get Shio back
Well yeah, he was pretty fucked up because he just found a corpse of his friend.

>The point is that Asahi believes that just getting Shio back is going to somehow fix his broken family, when all he would be doing is dragging Shio back to share their misery.
Wow, thank you for repeating my own post back to me. He's the result of his circumstances and due to his mental impairment caused by severe childhood traumata doesn't realize that his obsession is not only damaging to him, but also fails to solve the actual issue of their broken family. Almost like, duh, that was the point of the show and most character arcs. Which is also why Shio turns into Satou 2.0 by the end. Not sure why you feel the need to summarize episodes. No wonder noone takes anime communities seriously. This show is really on the nose about its objective and you still circle around it like a dog around their dead owner.

Shouko didn't deserve it.

Attached: 1536435114937.jpg (1927x2068, 511K)

It's because there are too many Asahifags here

Yeah I really agree, the Director REALLY elevated the series with the adaptation. The art was really good too

Satou didn't look too happy about it in the end.

Attached: h17.png (891x1280, 401K)

>Satou didn't fuck the loli
wasted potential

Attached: pure love.png (891x1280, 351K)

Are you suggesting that Satou wouldn't have been crazy or evil if she'd grown up in a better environment?

You keep saying this but in reality Asahi has like 5 seconds to talk to his stockholm syndromed fucking 8 year old sister who has been held captive by a murderer for the past half year. No one in their right fucking mind would listen to the nonsense this little kid was saying.

yes, she was heavily influenced by her aunt after all

>stockholm syndrome
Shio wasn't kidnapped

She was quite literally forbidden to leave

I never said she was and stock holm syndrome doesnt imply that.
The people in the bank in Stockholm weren't kidnapped either.

Her mom also locked her in the house, did her mom kidnap Shio?

This.
Do you know how much freedom my family gave me to make important life decisions when I was in the single digits? Pretty much none at all. Isn't that normal?

Attached: 1493809158184.jpg (480x559, 29K)

He's happy when she's broken, when he saw that shio completed satou he got jealous and tried to murder shio

That's the point of the show, yes. Her perception of love comes from her aunt. It didn't suddenly develop as part of a genetic impairment. Shio didn't grow up with psychos either. She merely had a father who found enjoyment in domestic violence and then her mother broke her spirit by abandoning her on the sidewalk. Most of the psychos in Happy Sugar Life are a result of their environment and the show spent all its time making that clear to the audience. Why the teacher happens to be a predophile wasn't elaborated on, but my guess is that this lack of context was intentional. Pedophiles are similar to homosexuals: they don't choose to be sexually attracted to children the same way gays don't choose to feel the need to suck cock. So the lack of context was likely intentional to create a contrast between the people who are screwed due to upbringing and nurture and those who aren't.

One of my favorites

Her mom was hiding her from the father.
Sato is keeping her locked because she's a creep. Was she planning to keep her in that apartment forever? Not letting her go to school? That's exactly what happened to Shio's mother who had to drop out and look how it ended up.

She's great, might give this a rewatch soon

She 100% did

snitches get stiches

I'm pretty sure you're overanalyzing it. Sure some characters have a backstory, but most of them are psychos just cause, like the aunt, the wannabe stalker girl, the SS-lover cafe owner, Shio's father, two gay thugs who were beating the SS victim up.

Just like Sato deserved suicide, I guess.

Imagine the threesome with her and Shio.

>Sure some characters have a backstory, but most of them are psychos just cause, like the aunt, the wannabe stalker girl, the SS-lover cafe owner, Shio's father, two gay thugs who were beating the SS victim up.
>Sure some characters have a backstory, but most of them are psychos just cause, like the aunt, the wannabe stalker girl, the SS-lover cafe owner, Shio's father, two gay thugs who were beating the SS victim up.

Too bad the question asked wasnt about any of them huh

I was mostly referring to the part about the teacher.

Not at all. When I rewatched it I was struck at the variety of effects used to keep the show visually entertaining, even without a lot of sakuga talent behind the production.

Most of the reoccuring characters (who suffer from a mental impairment) do. How often do the side characters show up? For like 5 minutes each? Especially the two faggot who run around beating up people. They probably don't even have 5 minutes of screentimes despite being in multiple episodes iirc. Can't really elaborate on their backstories in a single cour. I might be overanalyzing it, sure, but it just fits too well with the themes addressed so I'd be surprised if it was a coincidence.

They would just ignore you and go for each other
5 seconds in you'd be sitting on side stroking yourself waiting for attention that will never come

Should did nothing wrong.

I like yanderes, but I don't like lolis. I'm conflicted about sato.

Attached: DwZ2KZTWkAE6Uty.jpg (590x674, 117K)

Nah, you could totally do it. Layer cake. They could kiss each other while you fucked them. A proud walking dildo.

She unironically dindu nuffin wrong.
>best aunt warped her view of relationships
>picked up a stray loli on the street that would of been raped by a hobo of left unattended
>blackmailed her perverted teacher
>blackmailed her thirsty female boss
>blackmailed her lesbian coworker
>stabbed a snitch in the neck
>died protecting a loli from a twice raped victim

Do you have an argument that isnt the case? They outright show her being raised by her aunt.

Reminder that Shio wore the pants in the relationship by the end, what a chad

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Happy Sugar Life - 10.jpg (1280x720, 275K)

And she's in hell now, good riddance

>She's a bitch and I hate her
>20 votes
Found the Shoukofags.

Thanks. I forgot to vote.

But by the time you were Asahi's age, you had your own car, right? It doesn't matter what he thinks any more than it matters what Shio thinks using your logic.

Unintendedly comedic.

Wasn't really unintended. The show is a bit of a black comedy with characters like Taiyou and the pedo teacher.

And Su-chan. And Taiyou's former employer. And the 2 random assholes on the park. It's a little bit too much on the nose mate.

I mean she got over it pretty quickly all things considered. Manga version she eventually just crossed her out not even a few minutes after she left the rape dungeon and in the anime she felt bad for three seconds before Shio called her back

Everything from episode 6 to 12 is a fucking masterpiece, we won't see something like episode 8 ever again, and if we do, is going to be something crappy like One Room, this is an insta classic.

yes

Not a yurishitter but I don't get how are people still denying Satou and Shio didn't love each other in a romantic way. Granted, the director claimed in an interview that their love was between family love and romantic love but he gave that interview around the first half. Things changed a lot

Attached: ShioxSatou.jpg (1280x720, 68K)

Shio was clearly the man of the relationship. Satou fucked many guys before meeting Shio so if she was a cute shota, Satou wouldn't mind.

I GOT ABUSED, AGAIN!

Shio is a child who can barely visualize the concept of a family -let alone romantic love- and Satou doesn't know what love is.

Yurishit pedo yandere.

Family should always be placed above kidnappers, imo

Their relationship is weird. Satou really doesn't seem to see Shio in a sexual way, she's probably completely disassociated sex with love after all the shit with her aunt and her having sex with tons of dudes without feeling anything.

And there are too many parallels drawn between Satou and Shio's mom to be coincidental, it's clear that on some level Satou is basically acting as a replacement mother figure for Shio.

But at the same time, Satou is able to play on Mitsuboshi's lolicon fantasies perfectly, and I'm sure that Shio is old enough to know what marriage is and that you don't generally kiss your mom on the lips.

Attached: 1538179952984.png (1280x720, 75K)

DOUCHEBAG ALERT I FOUND A DOUCHEBAG ON THE PREMISES SOMEONE GET THIS ASSWAD OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Satou's last vision in her life is of Shio and herself getting literally married.

nah I'm an auntiefag, but that cunt needs to learn her place and realize she's going nowhere by keeping that burden of a child

Attached: auntie point.png (1440x1440, 942K)

>>blackmailed her lesbian coworker
Stalker-chan did literally nothing wrong.
Her only crime was loving too much,

Read the manga and thought it was boring as shit
>yanderebitch does edgy shit
>nothing happens
>nothing happens
>deepest lore/there's a mystery gang!
>shota cat kid
>poorfag aunt lives in the shitty apartment next door
>stalker who wants to sniff socks
Is the anime any different?

Satou being a sort of surrogate mother couldn't be helped due to Shio's age and maturity, while Shio was the stay at home wife that was too small to do housework. They were motherwife and daughterwife.
If things didn't go to shit, Shio would have become the husbandwife and Satou a regular wife. Satou was clearly submissive to Shio at times, and as Shio matured she'd be the one dictating the pace of the relationship.

AUNTIE IS CUTE AND DID NOTHING WRONG

>Manga version she eventually just crossed her out not even a few minutes after she left the rape dungeon
Except that page quite clearly says "a farewell etched into her heart"

pedophiles tend to seek positions of power over children
hence why there are so many pedo teachers, camp counselors and the like

She's truly the best.

Attached: 1557622076056.jpg (1101x1200, 529K)

yanderes a shit, A SHIT!!

The anime has a director who directed it well.

So far the final arc of the manga is better than anime

Auntie needs help, not spending the rest of her life eating pussy in prison because of her niece

>cute young girl kidnaps a child girl off the street, locks her up in her (stolen) apartment, plays pretend marriage with her and threatens or kills anyone who dares to stop her
Pure love! She did nothing wrong!

>ugly old man kidnaps a child girl off the street, locks her up in his (stolen) apartment, plays pretend marriage with her and threatens or kills anyone who dares to stop him
Rape! Scum! Die! Arrest him!!!

I hate this fucking world.

It depends if she could look this happy with that ugly old man.
In this story it stays pure and she is happy pretty much in every scene they're together in the house. Assuming that ugly old man could do that as well it could possibly also make a good story, albeit less cute.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Happy Sugar Life - 02 [720p]-[14.59.315-15.01.317].webm (690x672, 314K)

Devilman Crybaby was badass

I wish we got a zero edge, zero dying, zero grimdark anime original spinoff by the same studio. You know, like Shio and Satou make some new friends at school and all the edgy shit never happened. I never bothered watching this trainwreck as soon as I heard it's a Gakkou Gurashi wannabe

Oh and I forgot, de-yandere-ify every girl that showed up too, make them actual moeblobs instead of stupid Shuffle wannabe cancer

Why would you care about what Ezola could do if you haven't even watched their only anime?
There's tons of anime that already covers what you want.

I stopped rooting for Satou the moment she killed Shouko if that helps. Ironically, it was also what ultimately lead her to her death.

Well her family dumped her in an alley, so your opinion is both shit and self-defeating.

>There's tons of anime that already covers what you want.
and I've seen them all already and I want new stuff because season 2s don't exist. Bocchi's ending soon and the best thing we have next season is some Kirara related anime by JC Staff.

It was fucking great, AOTS at least

Attached: 1536370174188.jpg (1920x1080, 118K)

Next season we also have the 2nd Ezola anime that looks like it'll be more relaxed. Island survivalist CGDCT with most of the same staff this had I think, which should be a good sign for the quality.
While I know the feeling of having finished most SoL stuff there's still quite a lot of it around and not enough /ll/ romance so I feel HSL was more important, even if the wait for new Kirara has been a bit hard.

Cute girls can do no wrong, unless they get in the way of a cuter girl, like Shouko did.

>(stolen)
More 'abandoned'. She was presumably paying the rent on it too.

Moral of the story: be a cute girl

>spending the rest of her life eating pussy
I think she doesn't mind.

Easily 2018's AOTY.

Gakkou Gurashi is not comparable to this garbage.

Cute girls can do no wrong, unless they kill a cuter girl, like Satou did.

Attached: 1560039233881.jpg (640x723, 83K)

She doesn't mind a lot of things

>rest of her life
She killed her niece. She's getting the chair.

The delivery is way better but the events are pretty much the same.

Satou killed herself, and death penalty is pretty rare in nipland. They sentenced like 20 people in last 30 years, for mass stabbings and gangrape-murders. Also pretty sure it's by hanging.

the best show in the history of the universe, main character is twisted fucking psychopath and cutest girl you'll ever meet just like me ;) also everyone is literally gamer joker so it's lots of EPIC

This but unironically.

Why does she make herself so pretty if she can't love?

So she wouldn't go to prison then? Also, she'd go to a psychiatric hospital. Not a prison. Have you seen how she lives and acts? She'd be deemed too crazy.

Satoru is fucking tash and I'm glad she died. I wish that Lil bitch died too. Honestly Asahi is the best character in the entire anime. Also she is definitely not the most unique female character, not even close.

Asahi still seething. How does it feel that your sister chose that now dead sociopath over you?

Attached: 1555691359850.jpg (1920x1080, 120K)

I want to furiously breed Sato and raise cute lolis with her

She's still responsible for arson, causing Satou's death and claims to be the one who murdered Shouko
She might get death penalty all things considered, but it's pretty rare, especially for women. And I don't think japs believe in mental illness.

The perfect waifu
Does whatever you say in the name of love

Attached: 72806611_p0_1.jpg (689x750, 97K)