Attached: 5.jpg (750x1125, 199K)

Attached: 6.jpg (750x1125, 213K)

All Might confirmed CC fanboy, America wins once again

Attached: 7.jpg (750x1125, 181K)

Attached: 8.jpg (750x1125, 201K)

Attached: 9.jpg (750x1125, 215K)

Attached: 10.jpg (750x1125, 250K)

Attached: 11.jpg (750x1125, 204K)

This dude is forever trying to get that salty runback.

Attached: 12.jpg (750x1125, 282K)

Attached: 13.jpg (750x1125, 232K)

Attached: 14.jpg (750x1125, 257K)

Rejoice Nebraskafags, you finally got your turn (in the spinoff lol)

Attached: 15.jpg (1500x1125, 496K)

Attached: 16.jpg (750x1125, 232K)

Attached: 17.jpg (750x1125, 187K)

Attached: 18.jpg (750x1125, 222K)

Hey kids! It's Knuckleduster!

With a gun!

Attached: 19.jpg (750x1125, 175K)

God jesus fuck don't pussy out on us, author.

Any wordsmith that can put together a post on why this is better than BnH? I just know it, but I donĀ“t why.

Obviously it won't be a headshot cause we need a fight, otherwise his head would have been blown off already to end the chapter.

A bodyshot at best, followed by the duel. The only way this can go wrong is that Knluckeduster uses a gay tranq dart.

I have to really admire this guy. He's like the batman of Boku no hero. No power but still more badass than anyone with power.

The deadliest super power in all of Japan: a gun! The only thing deadlier is a gun that shoots marijuana!

I think a big part is consistency in quality. Vigilanties starts off rough but once it hits an early chapter it stays enjoyable and rarely dips down in quality. The main series is basically an alternating current of good and bad arcs with the current one being great, but the 1B fights right before that being boring and Gentle's arc being good and short to juxtapose with the Yakuza Arc's meandering pacing and lackluster ending.

The other is that Vigilantes is fanfiction and embraces it. It's not taking the setting as serious as the main series does. Otherwise Koichi would have been arrested chapters ago because of how strict the usage of quirks is within the law, and how we've already seen that do-gooders who don't have a license get snatched up by the fuzz really quickly regardless of their intentions. The story isn't trying to make some grand statement about society like parts of the main series are, it's a more relaxed story about a fanboy and the people he meets. Plus the author can more shamelessly just insert any hero he wants whenever he wants.

The cast is also very small compared to the main series so there's less people to juggle which is a problem with BnHA as a whole. Knuckle Duster is a great mentor figure even after he left, Koichi growing a pair and evolving his quirk has let him help out without needing him to be overpowered as the real heroes do the heavy lifting. And there's only one conflict which is stopping the flow of drugs and it's allowed us to still visit a bunch of locations and have moments like the Sky Egg incident that's wrapping up.

Fuck you All-Might at least give Cap a shout out for holding the line like a champ

like a vodka gun in always sunny?

Very nice. Thank you.

It also helps that Vigilante is just pure capeshit through and through, no extra bullshit, while BnH is a battle shonnen with a capeshit coat of paint

Vigilantes' art and character design are nowhere near the level of Hori's, and it's a common complaint that the pacing can drag for a while with the focus on Popstep's dumb career.

With that said, the spinoff doesn't suffer from the sheer character bloat of the main manga, and the inherent disadvantage of the school setting that makes every arc a training arc, with the exceptions showing us that we're missing out on the cool stuff happening outside of school. Fights are almost Fairy Tail level on just how much muh feelings powerups you see in the form of Plus Ultra. Finally, the MC of the spinoff kind of makes Midoriya look bad in comparison, showing us an arguably more admirable response to a similar situation.

Going back to character bloat for a bit, as much as all the irrelevant civilians can irk some people, it has a great effect in building a community around the vigilantes as the story goes on. They truly give that feeling of being the "local heroes" rather than the school kids having basically no connection to the people.

As an aside, it might just be that the vigilante's stituation resonates more with our western sensibilities as it's truer to american capeshit, rather than the government/celebrity systems that most Japanese capeshit goes for.

>Plus the author can more shamelessly just insert any hero he wants whenever he wants.

Don't forget the shameless referencing, like the X-men, Double Rider, Thomas the Tank Engine and the Go Nagai gang.

>Vigilantes is fanfiction

Side story, yes... but please don't call it fanfiction since it really isn't made by the fans. It is official stuff after all. You'll confuse people into thinking it's unofficial doujin.

Wha the hell happened to Aizawa between this and the main manga. It's like the life was sucked out of him with just how much time he spends in hibernation. Dude looks low on blood sugar at all times.

I explained why I called if fanfiction and calling it a "side story" misses how fast and loose the story plays with the main series characters and the setting. It can still be official, but should be treated as fan fiction so that people don't walk into the main series with different expectations. And the author is very much a fan of Hori in the literal sense, this isn't just a job to him.

Not being set in a school really helps the series not get bogged down. Also not having any expectation for Koichi to be the best around since all he wants to do is help people keeps the fights in relative perspective.

Pick one.

Fanfiction
Official

And no, it can't be both at the same time but that's what you're trying to do here.

Whops, he said too much

Why can't they be both again? It's not like there isn't fanfiction that gets the official go-ahead by the property holders. I'd call those One Piece light novels fan fiction as well since Oda didn't write them and at best his input is drawing a character that someone else designed for the cover art.

You want a side story that's not also fan fiction, Rohan goes to the Louvre is a good one.

In the capeshit world it's called "Elseworlds" non-cannon alternate universes, which is pretty much what Vigilantes is at least until it gets pulled into the main series hopefully never

Wel here's the precedent of All Might's loose tongue, he couldn't not fault Deku for his slip with Bakugo

>Why can't they be both again?

Because FanFiction means fans made this shit up so it's not OFFICAL work. Offical means it's CANON and it's not made by fans.

How fucking retarded are you?

This isn't capeshit world. And those are what-if stories. This isn't a what-if story from your western capeshit world.

The writer is a fan of his works user, he's said this on his twitter and in the comic omakes himself. Official just means that it's licensed and endorsed by the property holders. Canon is a separate matter and of course Vigilantes is not fucking canon. Otherwise you're saying every single movie tie-in for stuff like Dragon Ball is canon just because it's official and we all know barely any of them are.

How are you struggling this hard with basic shit?

Attached: Thinking African Man of Sex.png (426x283, 105K)

>building a community around the vigilantes

I enjoy that part quite a bit. Having those thugs stay around after the beat down, first as pop step fans, then as staff helpers, having Crawler help out in small ways, be it a bit of actual hero work, or communal stuff and have regular civilians respond positively to it. It emphasizes Kouichi's work has a positive effect on people, seeing his efforts rewarded. Even Captain Celebrity ended up with a bit of soul searching, thanks to Kouichi, Pop and the others. It sends a really nice message that gets a bit drowned out in the main series.

Koichi's time as "Gentleman" really helped make him accepted in the community despite technically commiting a crime. Imagine their reputation if they had debuted side to side with fucking Knuckleduster, without his previous community service or Pop's idol fame.

Wait, Vigilantes is officially confirmed non-canon? Did I miss this, or is this just fandom "hurr durr canon/non canon" bullshit?

MAAAAAAAARIJUANA?

I think it's canon.

Well I suppose whether it's canon is completely irrelevant unless characters show up in the main story. But I guess you can assume any developments we get about characters from the main story here are canon to the main story.

The latter.

Come on old man, blow his freaking legs off!

I disagree. Both of the HxH movies were official, but they were both fanfiction tier bad.

Based All Might

Is that the doc?

Damn
Still, that guy might be able to dodge the bullet just by a little

Man, this guy is an incel. Like, no bully, but he's literally Elliot Rodgers.

I mean, who else would be using not-noumus, specially this early in the game? On top of it the bomber not-noumu was ten levels of bullshit above the grunt-types you see in the main story.

Punisher Batman!

So far it's like semi-canon
To make it officially canon there must be a character or a main event that appears first in the spin-off and later in the main manga.
For now, we only have the quirk-enhancing drug that appeared first here and then it was mentioned in the main manga

does anyone else like this way better than the main series(which i stopped reading during the yakuza arc)

Knocked this thread back into action!

Attached: Knuckle Duster.jpg (891x1114, 219K)

its nebraska famous for its tornados?
just asking dont bully me

The entire Midwest's schtick is fields of grain and tornadoes, he could have picked anywhere there and it would have fit.

Being simple capeshit definitely helps. The main series largely denies Deku and the others agency by virtue of their status as students who are supposed to strictly follow the law and school rules. Kouichi on the other hand enjoys the full benefit of choosing everything he does by virtue of being a vigilante who is technically hiding from the law.

Prediction:

Scooty boy has the same powers as Captain Celebirty.
1) As a child, he would float with his powers (his propulsion is a type of force projection) essentially he could fly like CC
2) Speedy boi villain explained that CC protects himself from damage with a force field, its all about them force projections
3) CC is vigilante's all might, so it stand to reason the MC would have something to do with his powers as well
4) It is all leading up to a shot at the flawed system of the MHA, boiling down to that civilians are just as capable as heroes, just abitrary systems allow some to train their abilites to the point where they can be allowed to use them. MC being seen as having a useless quirk actually has an OP quirk depending on how you train it. Like Miro

There was one other compelling argument but i forgot it as i was typing this. Anyway calling this shit now.

Oh, i remembered. Vigilante brought up the system where someone could have similar powers to another. The explanations were: family or mentorship if someone randomly manifested the same quirk. In Vigilante this would be speedy boi.
This would lead up to CC eventually training Kouichi as his mentor in the same way.

Why is Pop so useless? Come on, we need her to vigilante as much as Crawler and Knuckleduster

There's a crucial difference in the fact that CC can freely manipulate the shape of his forcefield around him, like an invisible limb or a stand, while Koichi can only apply force away from him or towards him.

CC giving him some final pointers for his powers would stll be pretty cool.

>It also helps that Vigilante is just pure capeshit
its also one of my bigger complais, everything is too cliche and it kind of bored me a little
also the art work is at the same level of capeshit, so not pretty good

But can't that be chalked up to Kouichi only in the past month actually using his powers? He scooted around at a leasurly 15km/h on three hands because thats all he dared to do. Now he is shoting his force out like a blast. Being a Hero is in the end, just having the luxury and permission to train your quirk in an approved manner.

call it an official work made by a fan, fanfiction would imply that is not cannon and also change the world to fit the fan view of it

CC makes a field, Koichi has to have points of contact to another surface for his ability to activate and even with the revelation that he can use it on air, he still has far less surface area to his ability than Captain's

Correct me on thi, but I believe the power also only comes out of the hands and feet, right? I haven't seen him slide on his back at least.

There are some similarities, but it's definitely not the same power. CC's power is a force field around himself that protects him, lets him fly, can be extended to other things to help simulate super strength, or protect others. He's basically very similar to Superman. Kouichi's powers are more like a combination of some of Iron Man and Spider-Man's powers. He can emit repelling force from his arms and legs for propulsion like Iron Man's suit uses repelling force from it's hands and feet; and Kouichi can reverse that into an attracting force to cling to stuff like Spider-Man. I'm not sure if Kouichi can do those things from his hole body, or just his arms and legs.

Again, how is this not just a result of CC having trained his ability without inhibition since birth and Kouichi having been shouted down since birth (as visualized by his controlling and socially grounded mom(onster)? The ability is essentially the same, only different in how well it is utilized. The Manga is trying to push a narrative that will critizice the MHA world. What better way than to show that even a scrub like the crawler could be as good a hero as CC, but lead a life as a looser since the world he lived in put stops on his talent and potential for the sake of a monitary popularity contest which is heavily regulated against the citizens best interest?

Kouichi's ability is force manipulation and projection, but he has so far ever used projection since he has only used his powers for a month. CC's power are the exact same, and even if they were not the same, why write an all might stand in for the deku stand in that has extremely similar but yet different powers? You want some reveals to shock the readers and something to tag a narrative to.

When did the liberation army sneak in this thread?

They are using the same plot points across the main series and the spinoff, which is why i believe this is how it will go down.

>how is this not just a result of CC having trained his ability without inhibition since birth
Because no matter how you shake it, CC has had a force field since birth and Koichi has a 3-point propulsion system. No matter how hard you train, Koichi isn't going to achieve the same scope of abilities that CC has by virtue of having a different base. He can improve his ability to glide/fly, he can increase the amount of force his cannon can fire, but he so far hasn't demonstrated the ability nor capability to project his force onto other people like a shield.

You're making this a matter of "the mentor has the EXACT same quirk as the student" but that's only applied to Deku and All Might. Shigaraki and AfO don't have the same quirk, Aizawa and Mindfuck don't have the same quirk. Hell, even Shoto and his father only overlap in 1/2 of Shoto's quirks. Nighteye and Mirio didn't have the same quirk either

The point of the story is that you can learn and benefit from a good teacher, of which CC hasn't taught Koichi anything related to his quirk. Koichi basically figures it out himself.

You are correct

Charisma is also a very important quality for heroes (or in this case, heroes wannabes I guess).
Which the two severely lack.
Also, something I wondered. Who writes and draws Vigilantes? the same guy from BnH?

So far she didn't really use her charisma for anything useful, just to get more popular. It's not like she can promote the two even if she wanted.

She uses her microphone to shepard people in earlier disasters. And her quirk makes it easier for her to get around above a crowd. Aside from that she's more or less gone legit as an actual Idol and part-time cheerleader for CC.

Never said exact same, i said similar/same.
Kouichi does not have a 3 point system, thats just him being afraid to use his power so he always went low to the ground and had to have at least three out of his four limbs on the ground before he dared to use it. Kouichi was born with an inate ability to fly, and ability he as repressed and forgotten. That he is unable to shroud others in his field is natural, he has only used/improved his abilities in a very short time, he has always repressed it.
CC has not tought him anything, but that is thus far. If Kouichi at some point figure out that his powers are really similar, is it a stretch to imagine him contacting CC for mentorship or at least some tips? He is pretty close with the guy by now. It would also be pottery since Kouichi's first impression of the guy were entierly negative, when he might be pretty much his mirror match from another world. One where he could use his abilites to the fullest from birth.

Seriously, its not wonder Kouichi can't do shit, thats the point i'm making. At the very least you should consider it odd that he is close to someone who 1) has force projection 2) can fly and 3) is essentially all might when he is Deku

>Kouichi does not have a 3 point system
He can only emit his repulsion field from 3 points on his body at any point in time user. This is proven even if he is flying and if you look at the flashback you'll see those rings around his feet/hand even as an infant.
>is it a stretch to imagine him contacting CC for mentorship or at least some tips?
Yes because overwhelmingly their quirks don't have any similarities in underlying mechanics. CC can't shoot his force field, it can only envelope himself or someone else. Koichi only emits his stuff from specific points, he even flies a different way than CC as it's like that other user said, more like Iron man's propulsion systems. Even CC would have to adjust his understanding of flight to deal with someone like Koichi because CC has way more control over how he sits in the air since it's an anti-gravity field while Koichi has the option of hover or rocket boost. Koichi would get better lessons on flight from Endeavor ironically enough.

If CC wants to give Koichi some tips it's strictly not related to quirks.

God, i love this man.

thanks for the info

Kansas SMASH would have been better, but I think it might have already been used.

>a gun
phft

>MC of the spinoff kind of makes Midoriya look bad in comparison
many may not like pop's arc, but i found it very cool how koichi was able to sacrifice his dream to save someone.

Koichi really likes to help people. midoriya just wants to become the elite.

This pretty much.

I just know this sniper execution is sponsored by Girans jolly Black Market.

Knowing Knuckleduster his plan likely is to slow him by aiming for the leg, assuming he couldnt get a better shot already, then get down there himself to beat the shit out of him.

How long until Makoto joins Koichi's family registry?

DUST HIS ASS KD!

Pretty much, seeing as he could hear the guy talking. The bullet is just there to even the playing field and do the rest with his fists.

It wouldn't be refreshing otherwise, after all.