How the hell does every shounen manga and anime turn out to be cringy and unfunny but JoJo is the only one that...

How the hell does every shounen manga and anime turn out to be cringy and unfunny but JoJo is the only one that actually gets to be funny and taken seriously even though it's absolutely ridiculous and flamboyant?

Attached: 7b2773340698ff177c258485250e92aa.jpg (300x471, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9tEZUcZ5ahk
youtu.be/IScIscGB7VY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you allow yourself to enjoy the ride you'll never want off.

Jojo is the only original one where the author at least tries. One piece on the other hand is content to churn out endless retard chapter full of Oda's ugly ass "art style".

JoJo is the only manga where the art style is actually creative and free-flowing.

Attached: 4fae37131d24e7ad0e1fa049f06fe6ba.jpg (399x482, 65K)

I ordered the Jojoveller artbook yesterday. t's coming Tuesday

Its stylish

I started reading it recently
I know people say part 7 is good, but I wasn't expecting it to be THIS good holy shit

Attached: jEFmQGN_d.jpg (640x985, 122K)

The jump in quality from, say, 4 to 7 is similar to the jump from 1 to 2. I only started reading recently because I was finishing up the part 4 dub. I was honestly in love with jojo the moment dio exited the carriage

Attached: ss1lnIB_d.jpg (640x985, 130K)

Part 7 is the only part that can make ass pulls fucking glorious

Gayvid Priestuctions is here

Attached: gaypriestishere.png (309x466, 380K)

Attached: hair.webm (640x360, 2.93M)

What do you guys think about the old part 3 OVA? It gets shit on a lot everywhere and I agree that It was a bad adaptation, but I thought it was really good as It's own thing.

animation was actually really fucking good for its time, the VAs drag the show down though

Attached: JOJO GRID.jpg (4088x4088, 1.67M)

>we are nearing the end of part 8 (granted it's probably going to take 2 or 4 years)
>araki is nearing his 60s
>araki will inevitably retire due to the fact he's probably gonna get slower (40 pages per month is still fucking insane though, not gonna lie)
>he's not gonna have fuel for another part
>araki will stop making jojo at some point
>araki will die in our lifetime

Attached: gappycry-4536.jpg (320x320, 71K)

For me, its because it always feels fresh. Original concepts, along with a different artstyle and type of story with each part keep the series good.

Why is the JoJo fanbase so awful?

Araki's not going to die. He has existed since the dawn of the world and shall exist when the last star falls from the sky. Though in this life he has taken the form of Hirohiko Araki he is all men as he is no man and therefore he is a... god.
Because you haven't joined it yet.

I dropped it in part 2 because it was a boring snoozefest

It's awful when you're outside of it and wonderfully hyperactive and passionate when you get into it

Somebody tells this guy to go eat shit.

Well seeing as he started writing at the young age of infinity, hopefully we won't see that last bit

Attached: 1558175907626.gif (500x282, 915K)

Do that yourself

How is it possible anyway for Araki to keep it up this long and actually evolve as much as he did? Most other people in the business get burned out and either lose their ability to tell stories or draw or get sick and go on endless hiatuses.
He doesn't seem to suffer from any of that.

EAT SHIT ASSHOLE! FALL OFF YOUR HORSE!

It seems like he has passion for his work and thats beautifull

Attached: 96a795a.jpg (1280x960, 153K)

He loves what he is doing

Attached: 1f885c42399a97581cc797f824074ad8.png (314x314, 274K)

Ok I've been wondering about this for a while. Would you guys be okay with DP making an anime original part with Araki's supervision?

Parts being their own stories means that Araki has both had pretty constant work and yet still was able to write in different genres with different casts. He hasn't had to prolong the same story for years but he still never was forced to come up with something completely new. It's experimentation with a safety net. I'm surprised this narrative format isn't more common honestly, it seems pretty comfortable.

Was this the most unintentionally funny scene in all of jojo?

Attached: 3259028523.jpg (1366x768, 186K)

can be cringe at some times and based at other times

This panel. There's something about their yelling that made me laugh

Attached: img000025.jpg (1520x1200, 1.02M)

Why not? It's not like it would detract from anything.

Ok but if you had two choices
>one more part of the manga done by Araki
>two anime original parts with Arakis supervision
Which one would you go for?

The latter, honestly.

I think writing something new each time has something to do with it. It's always a familiar cast and story, but there's always something different to work with, so it could be easier to work with.

Araki can write anything he wants. I don't see how he'd ever get tired of it. The only restrictions are stands and even those constantly break the rules. He mostly doesn't give a fuck about restrictions or making a complex story but still does in the areas where it matters. Honestly he's kinda revolutionary and unique when it comes to writing, or when it comes to shounen at the very least

Attached: Araki+on+his+poor+memory_529d86_6189560.jpg (900x2157, 253K)

>shounen manga
Jojo is a seinen, you fucking mongrel.

The reason JoJo is so popular is because it's so unique and good, after more than 30 years of being made and inspiring so many other works that came after, there's still not a single other manga that comes close to JoJo in creativity and variety.
If you read part 1 and 2, then 7 and 8, you can't even tell they're supposed to be part of the same story since they're so different in themes and style.
Despite having many flaws such as Araki's tendency to fuck up writing and doing a million retcons, it's arguably one of the best mangas ever made.
The "part" structure is the best idea Araki could come up with by the way, more mangakas should use it for the sake of creative freedom.

I see more people complaining about it than jojo fans actually being annoying but maybe that's because I'm on the inside looking out.

That's the perfect mentality to have when it comes to a ongoing manga imo. Keeps things fresh.

Fanbases always have some cringe and autism surrounding them, but there's so much material to enjoy in Jojo that it's a fun ride.

In all honesty, the JoJo fanbase is everywhere nowdays, it's more popular in the wast than it has ever been before, so a lot of people get repulsed by the loud fanbase, which is a shame considering how good it is, another big problem is that a lot of the jokes in the community revolve around character's deaths.

>even though it's absolutely ridiculous and flamboyant
Because it's absolutely ridiculous and flamboyant.

Attached: vy1k4ayhez231.jpg (1919x1059, 196K)

I have yet to see a fandom that doesn't evolve into this. If it doesn't it has so be so small it can hardly be called a fandom.

he'll make part 9, if only because Jojo is somewhat divided into threes, so he'll want to finish the SBRverse similarly to a closure in SO and to a lesser extent, SC

Jojo was a shounen from PB's chapter 1 up until SBR chapter 23, so everything up until Oyecomova fight, it's only a seinen afterwards

> part 4 dub
Gtfo

JoJo has a lot of comedy especially in the manga.

Attached: 1529932836805.jpg (780x1200, 735K)

Why

araki is an immortal vampire, he hasn't aged past 30
he will probably outlive as as long as he isn't found out by any band of runway fashion models with magic powers

Attached: araki donut.png (680x698, 2.46M)

he will live on as long as he has access to Tokyo's tap water

Hunter x Hunter did it better.

>2.46MB

Attached: [Coalgirls]_Costanza_(16x16_Blu-ray_FLAC)_[ISHYGDDT].gif (16x16, 3.99M)

The animation/art style is far better than the 2015 anime.

It's the only one that is focused on what it's story and setting is trying to illustrate while others do it purely to knock-off Araki himself

You really fucking wish wouldn't you?

based hairposter

Attached: kek.png (500x281, 201K)

the anime original parts have been really good so far, and araki takes 20x as long to make manga than to oversee anime, so the choice is obvious

Don't worry about him. He's a purist. The Jojo dub is excellent and the only reason not to watch it exclusively is because you've run out of episodes.

>he will probably outlive

Well, I will be very sad when he's gonna fake his death to not make other people suspect

Could you post the version with doppio forsee the scene with epitaph, based hairposter?

Also check'd

people only know jojo because memes, only weeabos take it seriosly

Araki is not making one continuous manga, he has made 8 separate manga that reference each other sometimes.

It's a big gamble tho. I'm sure they'd nail the tone and probably the characters, but I don't know about the fights. Especially considering their original series were all mediocre

>Social commentary
>Not Joshu's appearances speech

was that just a myth?
i want to believe

and ugly

Attached: 1556485254506.jpg (357x521, 55K)

For me, I figured if I was gonna have to read subtitles, I'd just read the manga then watch some anime scenes like the torture dance and the diavolo reveal

I only considered parts 1-6
Which, to be honest, I know is stupid. I refer to the '' Jojo up to part 6 is shonen, from SBR onward is seinen''. The manga is '' Jojo's Bizarre Adventure '' and goes from the first chapter of Phantom Blood to the last of Jojolion. The division into parts is only for convenience, but the manga is a unique block.
That said, I didn't include SBR and JJL on the list for two reasons:
1) these two works are so rich in content that it would take a separate grid for both
2) I created the grid in a discussion regarding battle shonen and I wanted to avoid the situation "hurr durr SBR and JJL are seinen"

P.S. Joshu best boy

>Make a series about a british family (part 1) who goes to Italy and hang around with nazi germans (part 2)
>have them all speak plain japanese
Who would ever consider that good?

>Nip humor

Wew

Jojo unironically has soul. The only competitors are One Piece and HxH. One Piece had soul but now it's become boring and HxH's author is a lazy fuck. So yeah, Araki's love for being an artist is evident in Jojo, and makes jojo a lot more enjoying.

Any other shounen, including Dragon Ball, are just lazy cashgrabs for retards.

part 7 had some of the most boring asspulls/solutions to stand fights

Attached: 1539060879002.jpg (780x1200, 485K)

No that's defiantly part 6.

this
>everything whitesnake does
>mobius strip
>binary string printer

The Mobius Strip was god-tier, the others were bad but that was great.

Are there going to be more colored adventure versions of Jojolion? I know it makes me a pleb but it's hard to go back to the B&W after all the color.

Attached: Volume 14 - Dawn at the Higashikata House.zip-Volume 14 - Dawn at the Higashikata House-v14c057 Mila (887x1400, 465K)

The thing is JoJo fights and plots require being able to throw away any common sense and conventional ideas of abilities (within reason of course). DavidPro might not have the people on hand to plan out the proper mix of inane nonsense and 500IQ plots.

yes, it's just that the scanlations are up to date with the releases now, they had problems getting scans for a while but now the only barrier is waiting for more colored chapters to be released

Holy shit jojofags and aotfags are becoming the new cancer now that most mhafags realized their series is shit

>bohemian rhapsody ends..... cuz

>sameface goes worse and becomes as bad as males and females looking exactly the same
>drop muscles to draw gay twinks
>homosexual jokes get it so funny
>inventing asspull after asspull is creativity

i know you are fujos but jojo is shit

> oh my god, Gyro, Johnny, Josuke and Joshu are so similar, I can't distinguish them. One has a cap hat with long hair and a horseshoe and a pant full of stars, the other long hair, cowboy hat and steel balls, the other one is dressed like a sailor and the last one has a bowl-cut head, a papillon and black ripped pants
I CAN'T DISTINGUISH THEM
> Hey, why don'we make last a manga for 30 years without ever changing artstyle, why don't we also remain in the 2000s with the outdate artstyle of the 80's
> W A T
> Yeah, all the others shonen based on a power system like Dragon Ball, One Piece, HXH, MHA or Ueki don't have any asspulls. And by the way, what are the asspulls in Jojo. Jotaro's time stop? GER? Tusk ACT 4
Protip: they aren't

Based finnish hairposter

>Jojo
>funny
name ONE funny moment from jojo besides "joseph/abdul have gay magnet sex"

Joshu and the sausages. Gyro and Johnny's banter. Josuke's interactions with Rohan.

Jojo consists of wacky moments.

Attached: fly.png (1920x1080, 1.75M)

Attached: 9c9.jpg (775x797, 215K)

>It’s another fags glorify Jojo episode, making it even more overrated than it already is.
Sure it may be great if it’s the first manga that you read which is the majority of the western audience.

Attached: 1559929247392.png (1920x1080, 1.44M)

I opened the image countless times including when the file size was way too big and I've never had the screamer virus. Since like 2013 or 14

It's just biding its time.

Naw, it gets points for being novel in comparison to other manga. There's nothing with the same combination of weirdness, quality, and scope as JoJo. There are individually better manga in all of those fields, but as a package JoJo stands out.

Literally all series that get really popular in the west get known for their shitty fanbases.
Every single one.

The virus is set to occur in 5000 years, once Pucci uses MiH all the user's computers will scream at the same time.

Attached: Poochie.jpg (214x400, 43K)

Even Sailor Moon?

The Mobius strip was peak Araki battle technique

Attached: dv.jpg (1000x599, 57K)

Let's eat italian food

Sure there’s the neat art style, but if look at other anime and manga, you’ll literally find the same things. What I’m saying is that for most western audiences Jojo is the first battle manga they picked up, hence leading to the obsession with it.

It was intentional though. Doppio is the embodiment of absurdity

>You will die during Araki's lifetime
Feels bad bros.

Anything Echoes says.

Attached: e3.png (316x417, 222K)

>no one is allowed to genuinely like something because that's cancer
gadzooks that's a hell of a retarded opinion

Most of the West has either Naruto (because of its good anime adaptation), Dragon Ball (same reason), or nowadays MHA/BNHA as their intro. JoJo is second tier as far as anime goes. Its not most people's first but neither is it their 10th.

Personally it could fly a bit further under the radar and help clean up its fanbase (theres no reason for like 4 JoJo threads to always be up) but that is likely my elitism speaking and not my brain.

This. Literally anytime he spoke i cackled like a retard

Sailor Moon dubfags are known for being extremely autistic.

This circlejerk happening in this thread goes beyond liking something which is fine

The JoJo fandom hasn't become anything it's the same as it's been, slightly annoying but one of the more fun groups on Yea Forums. SnKfags on the other hand have been sperging out like crazy lately.

Attached: 1ee.jpg (960x540, 95K)

>Naruto
>Because of its good anime adaptation

Attached: 1559741085166.jpg (469x551, 66K)

I didn't know that.

I don't see how it's bad, aside from filler now and then.

It had filler but 12 year old American wouldn't know that. Otherwise the Dub was actually great and the budget was consistently pretty high.

How does he do it?

Attached: D8ftXyPU8AAA-uK.jpg orig.jpg (1914x2749, 1.7M)

He traveled to the place where the photoshoot was held

>reddit: the page

>cancer: the unloved replier

TECHNOLOGY

Do you think he is protective of his daughter like Jotaro is with Joline?

Because stands>generic shounen powers
even if lots of stands are generic shounen powers

Attached: 1556475416164.jpg (367x446, 41K)

JoJo is a gag manga masquerading as a battle shounen. The reason Araki can pull it off is because it's just him writing the series as it naturally is.

The whole of Part 3 is a comedy adventure. Part 4 has plenty of pure comedy encounters. Part 5 piss drinking etc. You should try reading/watching the series sometime!

Most of the interraction between part 4 group are pretty funny.

if you call bobobo cringy and unfunny i will slap you

Attached: 3b5.jpg (567x960, 71K)

It's great

Why does it bother you?

>hurr durr gay shit
Was never funny and the idea that it is funny was injected into the culture at large by Jews pushing an anti-reproductive agenda in european countries. There's nothing funny about faggotry. 50% of them are pedos.

Made me reply

Attached: backtopol.jpg (546x700, 136K)

Mostly because Johnny is being kind of an asshole about it.

Attached: 3NeY7Qr.jpg (732x1200, 361K)

People turn their brains off when it comes to Jojo because it's a meme show. There's literally not other explanation

imagine being this much of a brainlet

Best post

yes, imagine being you

>no u
Im not the one who can't even understand Jojo

I still don't get it.

>Shonen authors bow to Araki
>in contact with other dimensions
>rumoured to possess STANDO NO NOURYOKU
>controls Japan with an iron but fair fist
>own castles and banks all over the world
>direct descendant of the ancient vampire blood line
>will bankroll the first cities on Mars (Arakigrad will be be the first city)
>owns basically every DNA editing research facility on this Earth (and soon the others too)
>first designer babies will be in all likelihood Araki Babies
>said to have 215+ IQ, such intelligence on Earth has only existed deep in Tibetan monasteries & ancient mongolian tapestry weaving boards
>Ancient Indian scriptures tell of a dark angel who will descend upon Earth and will bring an era of enlightenment and unprecedented spiritual progress with him
>He owns Nanobot R&D labs around the world
>You likely have The Lovers inside you right now
>Araki is in regular communication with the Archangels Michael and Gabriel, forwarding the word of God to the Orthodox Church. Who do you think set up the meeting between the pope & the Orthodox high command (First meeting between the two organisations in over 1000 years) and arranged the Orthodox leader's first trip to Antarctica in history literally a few days later to the JoJo bunker in Wilkes land?
>He learned fluent Japanese in under a week
>Nation states entrust their gold reserves with him. There's no gold in Ft. Knox, only Ft. JoJo
>He is about 5 decades old, from the space-time reference point of the base human currently accepted by our dimension
>In reality, he is a timeless being existing in all points of time and space from the big bang to the end of the universe. We don't know his ultimate plan yet. We hope he's benevolent.

>yellow panel because he's still mildy distressed at the sock
>green panel to show that he's calmed down
>immediately switches to red because he's still pissed off and wants to kill koichi
This is great

If I recall 420 is the same as let me pass in Japanese

>四百二十
>yohyakunijuu
don't see it desu

4 (shi) 2 (tsu - using the English word for two, rather than ni) and 0 (rei), becomes shitsurei (しつれい), 'excuse me

>shi, another pronunciation of that kanji
>tsu, the pseudo-English pronunciation of that number
>rei
Gyro says "shitsurei".

hadn't thought of that, thanks

youtube.com/watch?v=9tEZUcZ5ahk

Araki is either a hamon user or a vampire. He’s not going to die anytime soon.

This is going to end up like that thread on Yea Forums about Lemmy from Motorhead. Someone's going to post about Araki being immortal on the day he dies and it's going to get a million replies.

Better final battle than canon in some regards. If you kept the road roller and made DIO look less like some roid monster, it would've been perfect.

>you will die in Araki's lifetime

Attached: Speedwagon Pepe.jpg (250x241, 10K)

ordered it a few months ago and it's fuckin great

Anyone can understand Jojo because it's a manga made for children that doesn't care about being well written.

All I am gonna say is that Diavolo deserves that infinite loop death

'cause it's fucking retarded and doesn't shy away from it
the highlight of part 8 thus far is two beetles fighting for literally no reason and the main character wins a lambo due to the battle and actually starts driving around using it
name 1 character in a manga that unironically drives a lambo

Araki's art is some of the ugliest shit around.

t. big eyes and mouthlet fag

It's not my fault Araki can't draw faces.

>Araki's art is some of the ugliest shit around.
In what sort of universe something like pic related can be considered ugly?
If you said early Araki then you have a point.

Attached: Diego's-World.png (560x800, 748K)

>Dear Kotomi:
>The World is beautiful

Attached: uWYKW5P.png (1920x1080, 3.29M)

Retards can't into art that doesn't look like the average shounen anime. I was one too in the early years

neu the world is cute
can't wait to see neu king crimson

Jojofaggots actually believe that JoJo isn't cringe and unfunny, have you read Part 7? ! Are pizza mozzarella jokes funny to you? Are fucking retarded?

Attached: 1559281190751.png (615x617, 188K)

He has fresh and crazy ideas, his art style is alive, he loves what he does. You can meme the shit out of almost any scene in JoJo but the plot and story are still so solid you can take it seriously and enjoy it as a serious piece of entertainment rather than just memes. The anime also works to keep Araki pumped to get new content out because the new animated series is making his manga sell even more because some people after watching the anime will go to the source. JoJo is simply fucking mint.

Attached: 200% nice.png (371x532, 281K)

>he doesnt get the mozarella song
I thought hunterchads had high iq.

Oh hey is the Hiatus X Hiatus.

Excuse me, Blaze it.

Autism speaks.

No he doesn’t.

Seething speaks.

Rohan's house burning down

I like Jojo, i like the powers of Jojo. Stands are really creative, but i can't stand the fucking fanbse.

Everything is better with eurobeat.
youtu.be/IScIscGB7VY

Go back

>anti-reproductive
>pedos
This doesn't sum up

>jojo
>first battle manga
Lmao there’s bleach, one piece, naruto, dbz, mha, and plenty others. Jojos stands out as being far better than any of those.

Actually jojo stood out back in the 80s because it wasn't a tournament

>Are pizza mozzarella jokes funny to you?
Yeah. What about it?

Attached: sk7EEoS.png (450x440, 62K)

Take your own advice.

>Honestly he's kinda revolutionary and unique when it comes to writing
What an amazingly polite way to say he has no internal consistency and writes on the level of a highschooler.

If you want highschool level writing read eragon

Attached: 1557264931343.png (300x315, 111K)

>the only way i feel secure in my own series is by whining about others
seething

Attached: 1553451021652.png (787x1000, 192K)

Araki's style is unique as hell. You can recognize his stuff from 10 miles away. I really appreciate how different it looks from typical manga

There is not a single mangaka that has created as many iconic quotes, characters, situations, powers and interactions as Araki, his disregard for general writting guidelines and personal writting philosophy sets him apart. He doesn't feel any need to explain himself or justify putting what he wants on paper, it's pure creativity at the cost of mechanical consistency.
Anyone who thinks he is trying to write something like HxH should drown themself to ensure they don't have any offspring. Go look at what inexperienced or untalented writers write, it is always a variation of something better, good writers improve upon older works, very few actualy create something new and Araki is one of them.
In a medium that never changes, visually or structurally Araki has several times managed to create something different, all in an artstyle never done before or since recreated. But hey go jerk of to Death Note, im sure you think it's super smart.

Attached: fb56d0437fac179eeae13496b0966c3c.png (616x548, 522K)

He’s genuinely passionate and he knows when to move on and try something new. He even felt like he peaked with Part 6 and couldn’t possibly write anything better, so he decided to move to a monthly seinen magazine and start over from scratch, which allowed him to finally surpass the level of quality he reached with Stone Ocean as he got into the final act of SBR. Now with JoJolion to this day he’s still improving because he refuses to accept that he’s reached his upper limit and finds a way to surpass it, even if it makes his job harder.

t. diavolo

The entire arc was hilarious, Shame it ended kinda shitty

Attached: where the fuck is mickey.jpg (554x258, 37K)

Does the universe reset save him from the death loop?

Potentially, but very unlikely. In Pucci’s perfect world, everything went exactly the same as the original world except everyone knows the future before it happens and can’t change it, so for the duration of that cycle Diavolo was still in the death loop only he could see every future death he was going to suffer while being unable to change it. After Emporio kills Pucci, undoing Made in Heaven’s effect due to not completing a full cycle, the world goes back to how it was originally except Pucci was erased, not the people he killed. So the series progresses exactly the same up until Pucci’s birth, since he was never born. Weather isn’t swapped at birth for the dead kid because, as the mother said, she only took Weather since he was from a set of twins and she couldn’t bear leaving another mother childless, so he never almost accidentally fucked his little sister. Dio never met Pucci so he never met his one true friend, and never wrote about him in his diary. This would have changed Dio’s fate ever so slightly, potentially meaning Giorno wasn’t born. That’s unlikely though since there’s nothing to suggest Dio knocking up random whores to spread his seed was reliant on Pucci existing.

So there’s a tiny chance that things might have changed enough for Diavolo to be spared the death loop, but it’s very unlikely considering fate will remain the same whenever possible.