Samurai 8

Chapter 5 of Kishitmoto's trash is out
jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/samurai-8/en/0/5/page/1

Attached: vi9cb06gvp231.png (1275x1204, 2.94M)

Other urls found in this thread:

readms.net/r/samurai_8/005/5917/1?mobile=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it's so cliche

HxH started pretty generic too and now people call it "masterpiece" or even soft-seinen, kek

When's the inevitable axe happening?

I'm not saying Naruto was a masterpiece compared to this in those 5 chapters but it was at least entertaining. This is so fucking boring.

This is unironically less interesting than every non-axed Jump series in the last 5 years, baring niche and gag manga.

This chapter was just so underwhelming. Gave us a rigid progression roadmap in the laziest way possible. On top of the honorable samurai sensei taking a guys kid and they both make a break for it like rebellious preteens running away from home.

Oh god what the fuck is this SUB BAR Chapter
this should be some newbie work, not veteran

At least HxH had a soul, the protagonist wasn't a chosen one and the art was understandable with a single glimpse. You are just mixing up the master with the disciple.

Attached: 45654654.jpg (800x1200, 243K)

>taking a guys kid
Samurai make their own decisions.

never

Never. Kishi is a cash cow at Jump.

waifus when?

Dropped when the tranny showed up

readms.net/r/samurai_8/005/5917/1?mobile=1

I adore the art style and the sci-fi setting is great. But the story is painfully generic and I positively detest the protagonist. Naruto had a very strong beginning and then proceeded to devolve into utter trash, especially after the Chunin Exam, so here's hoping that this just had an embarrassing start and gets better as it progresses. I can't imagine they're very willing to axe this one.

am I only one who thinks that the cyborg samurai aspect is too convoluted? imagine trying to animate that, it would be a nightmare

Attached: 16.png (938x1300, 432K)

My main complaint is just how boring the main character is. He resolved his flaw (being unable to move) within the first chapter. Not only does he have a legendary key within him, he also was sought out by a legendary powerful samurai who is now going to personally instruct him.

Naruto started off better because he was introduced with flaws and emotions that would be developed throughout the first half of the series. He had a well of power inside of him, but nobody bothered talking to him or caring for him because of it. Once this gets resolved in Shippuden, it becomes a lot less interesting because he has bonded with the demon fox, is liked by everyone else, and is already stronger than the Hokages he sought to become. His character was concluded, but the story dragged on for another 200 chapters.

In this, the main character is being force fed everything within the first 5 chapters.

Is there even a speck of a chance for this to get axed before 50 chapters?

I also thought about that. If they were to adapt Samu8, I think that they would rather render 3D models most of the time.

>after the Chuunin exams
why ths meme is still alive? Part 1 was legitimately great until the very end

I really miss Kishi's art, the art direction in this manga makes it hard to distinguish the world/setting.

Attached: DI33OEU.png (1746x1300, 546K)

We've been through this many times before. The Zabuza hunt was tonally different from the rest of the manga, it was darker and much more violent. And the Chunin Exam introduced the absolute mistake that was Edo Tensei with all the bullshit repercussions that it had. Naruto was never good but there were definitely times when the manga wasn't utter shit.

I though the general consensus was that the series went downhill after the Pain arc?

Pain arc is the last time the series can be considered good, so yeah.

As long as we can all agree that the manga generally goes downhill after the first arc, I won't be arguing about it. The Pain arc had some of the last fun moments in Naruto though making him use the shadow clone jutsu to train basically ruined any semblance of logical consistency that the story had until then.

But the War arc had some really great moments, like Kakashi vs Obito, Might Guy vs Madara and of course, the final battle of Naruto vs Sasuke

Nah, the series always had its ups and downs. The Sasuke retrieval arc drags, but Naruto vs. Sasuke is good again. The Hidan/Kakuzu shit is boring except for the Shikamaru parts, but then the Pain stuff after it is good again. War first half is boring, but once Madara is revived war is entertaining again.

God the art is so fucking bad everything just bleds together and becomes a jumbled mess when I look at it.

The fucking waterfall in the first goddamn page doesn't even look like its moving.

Obito vs Kakashi is probably the only one of the 20+ fights that occur in the final war that actually has some kind of character payoff. Madara vs Guy is 'cool' but it means absolutely nothing considering both Madara and Guy revive without any repercussions.

>Hidan/Kakuzu shit is boring except for the Shikamaru parts
How gay are you? They were probably some of the best of shippuden, especially Hidan.

I have no idea why Kishi dropped the whole handicap thing in chapter 1 when he could've used that aspect to make Hachimaru more likeable.

where is the story even moving to? train with cat, gain own samurai sword, collect keys and save the universe from soem unknonw evil?

Attached: 580b585b2edbce24c47b29f6.png (384x313, 39K)

What puzzles me the most is the artist being Kishi's longtime assistant, yet making fundamental errors like a newbie. Why didn't Kishi tell him anything?

Kishi came up with these cool setting and aesthetics and it's the only thing he's interested in for this manga. He doesn't give a fuck about MC(so Hachimaru is just a cardboard cutout), he doesn't give a fuck about the plot progression(it's just a boring line of generic events), he only wants to show off his S C I - F I setting and A E S T H E T I C S. And Samurai 8 is obviously not very good because of that.

he should've gone the safe route and just make a Seven Samurai Re-remake (but in space), even that would've been more interesting.

Attached: samurai-7-toshifumi-takizawa.jpg (1600x1000, 221K)

>Gave us a rigid progression roadmap in the laziest way possible
?

>At least HxH had a soul
Yu Yu hakusho had soul

Thanks

What killed the hype?

Your mother

We have been given nothing to expect, except chocolate girl and trapfu. Plot is meaningless at the moment, characters are boring.
Setting and world haven't been built yet. There's no mystery.

Chapters 1, 4, and 5 ave all been kind of boring standard set up stuff and Nanashi's into arc wasn't as good as it could've been due to how rushed it was

I just don't get it all. You become samurai by picking a sword hilt from a stone(?). You also get a pet made out of water or something. But you need another hilt from your pet(?). When you have that pet-bone-hilt you can seemingly summon whatever you want and what is most convenient to you in battle, from swords, guns, armor and probably a lot more.

It's very incoherent and confusing, it reads like it was made up on the spot.

1. You stab yourself with this special knife, if you're lucky you become a cyborg
2. You become a cyborg, you get a pet covered in shapeshifting sci-fi goo that can become various things
3.Pet contains a hilt that you combine with the energy ball inside your cyborg body to get a lightsaber

the exact mix good only for asspulls

I'm not quite getting it either. Especially the whole bone hilt thing. So the catdog has some sort of hilt as standard equipment. And if a samurai picks that hilt up and carries it wth him, the catdog is now a keyholder and can do that wobbly gooey morphing stuff to provide the Samurai with guns, armor, whatever and the hilt can also be used to make a beam sword. Seems a bit unsafe as a concept. What if he drops that hilt while in combat? Then he can't use catdogs armor anymore?

As for the chapter, it seemed a bit unsatisfactory. Felt like nothing really moved forward. So far the pacing and info dispersal rate would definitely benefit from reading the manga in larger chunks.

I think you're right about the pacing, but I also think it's being done this way on purpose. Most Jump manga need to hit the ground running or they get axed. Kishi has Jump legend status from giving them Naruto so he probably gets a bit of leeway. He can tell a story that has to build up. It's different from traditional WSJ manga in this way, so I'm willing to give it time to get going.

I'm not too hot on the rate it's going atm and I'm still unsure on whether I'll like the whole package, since we're still in the middle of setup it seems. But yeah, I'm willing to hang on as well, as Kishi has a rare opportunity here. If he really has thought up some nice big setting and he is indeed using his Naruto credit to get time to set things up, then I'll remain hopeful. If it comes together when read as a whole and the result is a solid setup for a long adventure, then all the better. Makes for a rather bumpy start though.

I'm still not completely on board with the art. The lineart itself looks cool, but somehow it still looks like a work in progress that needs to be shaded.

Attached: s8_05_01.jpg (917x1297, 361K)

>a boy and his dog embark on a new adventure
did carlos write this tagline?

Attached: carlos.jpg (600x600, 35K)

He doesn't really make the character stand out. The cliff next to Hachi has a similar uniform large area of white as his face and clothing. Same with the cliff in the foreground that doesn't pop against the back with the waterfall or the shrubbery. It needs more detail (pic related). It would be ok if this were an anime storyboard that will be colored and animated. For a manga, the art lacks contrast.

Attached: the7DeadySins_01_030.jpg (1322x2026, 743K)

Couldn't the cat have still ordered the statues to stand down, even after the fight started? Did he really have to destroy them?

but he wanted to show his john woo impression

Attached: Eae57U.gif (320x180, 1.5M)

dead series
dead thread

Samurai!

i've heard enough about how "cool" samurai are in gintama

MS may want to rework their translation a bit. That panel confused the hell out of me. Who the hell is "the horse samurai"? I wondered whether I missed a chapter. Wasn't until I read Jaimini's version that it started making sense. Without having seen the raws, I'd wager "samurai horse" is the correct translation.

Attached: horse samurai.png (592x618, 107K)

can we get Geisha instead?

With Kishimoto, at best you'll get a Gaysha.

Attached: carlos.jpg (210x240, 17K)

Cyborg Samurai!

More like CRYdork HAM-urai
amirite fellas

More like shit series and waste of a WSJ slot

Cyborg Samurai with pet dogs!

the samurai's horse is the correct translation i think.. the horse of the first villain

Come people. It’s been five chapters...

MHA, BC, KnY, CSM, and JJK all had better first five chapters

>BC, KnY
Hahahahaha

Can we get another mad chimera world instead, this fucking sucks

Most of the axed manga had better first five chapters, except the shittiest ones.

They all got me to care for the main character since the first chapter, something S8 has failed to do in 5 chapters.

The MC in KnY was bland as fuck and Asta is just annoying

Snorechimachu can't even be annoying

The MC here is blander than Tanjriou and less interesting than Asta. The worst thing is he doesn't have any personal conflict .or clear goal. It's been 5 chapters and he seems to just float around. It's not even clear why he wanted to become a samurai to begin with.

You're responding to the shitposter

because of vr video games, duh
samurai 8 is actually political satire about the state of the japanese youth
his love interest isn't even a girl

Hachi has no interest in Nanashi. It will stay one sided.

Hot girl should show up within the next 5 chapters or so.

Yeah thats the problem with this setting, why should i care since its all nanomachines the charactera cab literally pull any bullshit and explain it as just super alien tech, its just not interesting theres too much going on.

Kill yourself samuraitard, HxH's first arc was fantastic.

>The MC here is blander than Tanjriou
Impossible, that MC is bland as shit.

>less interesting than Asta
Nothing interesting about Asta he’s a very basic shonen protagonist

>literally nothing happens the manga
when will it be axed?

We need to wait a year because it's MUH KISHOMOTO.

>KnY
That was one of the worst first episodes I've ever watched. Not even joking.

To begin with, you already know his whole family is about to get killed, its obvious, and the way they introduce the mother and siblings only further shows how expendable they are and how dead they're gonna be by the end of the episode.

The lenghts the show goes to show that the MC is a very nice guy is silly. He has to please every single one of his siblings, of course. He then goes down a snowy mountain carrying a heavy bag only to then help people with everyday tasks they could've done themselves? And then they have one of the background characters call the MC a hard-working boy, just in case we didn't get that already. Even fate's Shirou would get annoyed at this guy.

The exposition about demons and demon hunters at the hut makes no sense. It's a world where demons are a real threat and common knowledge, why are you now asking people about that?

The whole scene with the demon hunter was really bizarre. The way the MC casually recollects small details that prove his sister's innocence while fending for his life. The demon hunter's inner monologue telling the MC exactly what to do and then him doing exactly that, as if the entire scene was choreographed. And the demon hunter having to spell out the obvious reason why the girl became a demon, as if we couldn't have figured it out. That's really bad writing.

I'm not usually one to just bash at a show like this, but I honestly couldn't find a single thing to like here. Not one natural character interaction, no interesting/new story elements, not even a good fight scene with nice visuals. It's all so generic! For a show to screw up that bad in its first episode is not a good sign. At least they set up a plot hook for the next episode, but let's see how that goes.

BC atleast had decent art and introduced us to the Gotei 13. Its painfully generic but atleast fulfil its Shonen shit quota quickly. S8 is just slow and boring

Black Clover is art meh especially the lame character designs.

(you)

>Nothing interesting about Asta he’s a very basic shonen protagonist
Being Basic is still better than bland as bread Hachimaru

Based Kishi taking his time, he doesn’t have to rush through the beginning fearing the ban hammer like some other mangaka

Bland my ass, kill yourself.

bread is good though, Asta not so much

stay mad he’s boring and bland.

rolling so Hashimaru's father dies next chapter

not to mention it’s world is also boring as shit

Projecting much?

Nah just describing the mc of KnY, no need to get so butthurt. Go to the KnY thread if you’re sad.

>NOOOOOOO STOP CALLING KISHIMOTO'S SERIES BAD
>B-B-BLACK CLOVER IS SHIT TOO, SO ITS OKAY
pathetic fanbase 5 chapters in
doesn't bode well

>Nothing interesting about Asta he’s a very basic shonen protagonist
That's the point. S8 Mc manages to be less interesting than a very basic shonen protag.

?
The people who bought up other series were the people criticising S8 not defending it, see

Nothing less interesting than generic mc

The hype not existing in the first place killed the hype. Kishimoto has to be the successful Jump author that people would be least excited to read another series by.

Hmm, nah. Sorachi is another candidate.

Yeah, now I finally understood the scene. Cat was surprised, after finding that hidden garage in the tree to begin with, that the father knew that a bone hilt should be inserted back into the holder to stow it away. A bit tiresome to have to reread the same chapter from up to 3 different sources, just to get a grasp on what Kishimoto tries to say about the scifi concepts in his story, especially when I not really sold on the manga to begin with. I shudder thinking what it would be like to read something like Shirow's Orion on MS.

I didn't bother to read past chapter 1, did it get any interesting ?

Attached: 1521938032426.png (513x557, 312K)

No go away

Who should animate Samurai 8?

I hope anyone will show up in the 5 next chapters. It would be nice to have Hachi and another pupil marvel at the shit out there, or trying together to learn some technique. Anyone else to play off of. I'm rather surprised Nanashi got written out as fast as they appeared and now it's just back to Hachi doing the Lassie-routine. "Meow" "What did you say? Timmy is drowning in the well behind the barn?" "Meow" "And he needs neurosurgery?" "Meow"...

Whoever ends up doing it, will have their work cut out for them. That goo-transformation of armor, limbs, weapons and whatnot seems a bitch to animate.

>I hope anyone will show up in the 5 next chapters.

I'm honestly surprised the hot girl character hasn't shown up yet. What is Kishimoto thinking? Horny Japanese teenagers will lose interest in record time without a hot female character in the series.

don't forget about us horny old men either

Nice MAL post

Fuck off to Edens Zero if you’re so desperate for fap material

For an obvious powers showcase chapter, it wasn't bad, but I'm still not sold on the art

i hope no one relies on guns a lot in the series. they ruin action mangas all the time

>Edens Zero
Ahh the superior space manga

>new chapter
>thread dead silent
rip this series LMFAO

even Kubo's one shot had more active threads

Nah just shit for horny teenagers

and that alone makes it ten times more interesting than Samurai 8

For virgins maybe so

Top kek

Attached: 8911E664-3C74-4CF7-83E2-1B2C902EFB7D.png (1143x734, 426K)

thread's been silent for a while except for some anons
maybe Kishi needs the virgins to read his manga

Eden's zero is a better space shonen manga.
Join the self aware hiro mishima bandwagon

I refuse to believe there's anyone that likes this more than Noah Notes.

there isn't much to like yet,
5 chapters in and the universe just feels so empty. We only gotten very few named characters too (Hachimaru, the dad, the cat, nanashi, the samurai that looked like the 2nd hokage and the sage lady)

Noah Notes was the best fucking thing ever for the first 7 chap'ters though.