40 chapters in and you fucking did it again, Yea Forums. I can't believe you actually, unironically, like this shit...

40 chapters in and you fucking did it again, Yea Forums. I can't believe you actually, unironically, like this shit, dear lord.

Attached: 235256.png (190x248, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

shonenjumpplus.com/episode/10833497643049550135
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I have no idea what that is.

Yeah cause you should love it.

Is this the Chainsaw Man thread? How long until spoiler images?

Attached: 68174883_p0.jpg (564x804, 66K)

>trusting the opinion of a cantonese shrimp trading image board
you deserve what you get

Fire Punch. Op is right tho, its overrated.

Shit Punch? More like Kino Punch

Nah, its fucking underrated in compared with other mangas...

Still kino u brainlet

Attached: 1473128589678.png (756x734, 44K)

Its seem you need Have sex (With your sister)

Attached: 1546832315275.jpg (1048x1761, 741K)

Normie filter still working.

Firepunch is an example of a neat idea that goes fucking nowhere and leaves you with the dumbest ending imaginable.

Hope you like fuck all being explained because literally NOTHING is explained in the story.

>He didn't even reach chapter 45

lol

Yea Forums has shit taste? Color me surprised.

Attached: 1514336758229.jpg (276x274, 43K)

i like chainsawman, but firepunch is just hot garbage. i apologize if i seem retarded due to my opinion, but its the truth, and i back up OP whole-heartily. the only thing that justifies fire punch is that its not tokyo ghoul. thats all.

What do you need explained?

>kino

Eh? The story connects naturally with the theme of "LIVE" is the main point of why the manga goes in different phases in the manga ..

I can understand why the people seems pretty confuse with that but is the point.

Aee you really seething over this garbage?
CSM is good compared to FP tho.

It's not our fault you didn't read it with Yea Forums. FP is one of those things you enjoy when reading/watching with Yea Forums but on its own is just a pain to get through.

It was always shit, I do like CSM though, Yea Forums just likes shit like this.

I really like chainsaw but the themes, the setting and the two main characters on fire punch are more memorable.. I quite agree with the people who say that FP is the devilman of this era.

Attached: DmCCtUvUwAASKc7.png (520x409, 247K)

Only one seething in this thread is OP. Fire Punch is a masterpiece of our generation. Shonenshitters need not apply

Is it even possible for agni to ejaculate while lit? What would it take?

Fire Punch is a shonen manga.

Attached: 1549227592349.png (952x1495, 536K)

>Woah my non-shonen manga isn't actually a shonen

Fire Punch is a shonen manga.

no spoilers, yet nagatoro

Fire Punch from beginning to end is a story about a dying world and the last death throes of humanity. It couldn't have possibly had a more fitting ending. What's there not to get?

>The second stage of grief is denial
Woah...

Fire Punch is just a tragedy story with an ayy lmao ending that no ome actually understood. I can only speak for myself but i was just frustrated that i am too stupid to get any value out of the climax (or that is was a convoluted ending that took a lot out of the end result)

In the end its only good for being remembered as kino and only kino

Attached: a970f8f4401f9165b2397ffa5224e9831832afb7_hq.jpg (652x1024, 141K)

Nothing really needed explanation. It was a campy mad max with immortals and powers.

The bad part was tree girl and tree power not being explained, but the author clearly acknowledges that and tells the reader to go fuck themselves, its just camp.

Some people just need to stick with reading the likes of HeroAca type manga.

It was just fun random stream of consciousness writing. Enjoyable if you sit down and read it all the way through in one sitting.

One thing that I'm glad for is that the characters in Fire Punch are so insanely strong -- the strongest ones at least -- that there's no powerlevel arguments between Fire Punch and Chainsaw Man. It's pretty refreshing to follow a WSJ title and not have that.

Attached: 14.png (890x1300, 397K)

>that goes fucking nowhere
Not liking Fire Punch's direction is fine, but claiming it goes 'nowhere' is dishonest. This shit goes to all kind of weird places.

Attached: Fire Punch - c039 (mix) - p206 (mag) [Fallen Angels].png (827x1300, 352K)

She was the only terrible part of the manga. Didn't bother explaining her or what the fuck made her a person capable of turning regens into god-trees and directing the rebirth of earth

>Didn't bother explaining her or what the fuck made her a person capable of turning regens into god-trees and directing the rebirth of earth
people back in the day could have ALL blessings and ALL blessings equals god trees and also that you look like luna

It was originally serialised on Shonen Jump Plus.
shonenjumpplus.com/episode/10833497643049550135

>it was moved to a seinen magazine for shits and giggles
The third stage of grief is bargaining.

Wait, it ended?
Someone spoil me on whether the guy ended up with his sister after fucking her.

It wasn't moved anywhere. From start to finish, it was on Shonen Jump Plus.

user...his sister died in chapter 1

I see OP is right then

That's a hard question to answer.

I would've loved to see the shitstorm if this was published in wsj

>Wait, it ended?
This ended years ago
>Someone spoil me on whether the guy ended up with his sister after fucking her.
That's complicated.

It's literally about the role of narratives in defining people's identity. There's a reason why there's references to movies (Doma basing his entire persona after a shitty C-list character), Toagata's answer of going to a movie theater after you die (life flashing before your eyes), why Agni mutilates his face during the second half when going on a killing spree (he's playing the role of Fire punch not Agni at that moment). I mean the big giveaway is literally when Judah says "You can be anything for anyone."

>Fire Punch is just a tragedy story with an ayy lmao ending that no one actually understood.
How is it even possible to not understand the ending? It wasn't even trying to be deep or complicated

can someone explain to me about the ending

Attached: 58608500_2194327497302344_4911268985279873024_n.jpg (228x214, 11K)

a lot of time passed, but everyone is happy now

>everyone
Yeah all two of them

Attached: 90xqh3f2rdny.jpg (473x338, 35K)

i see the correlation but it doesnt help the ending too much.
all i meant by that is that its outlandish and in some could argue just plain abstract

You're supposed to read it all at once in one sitting like a movie dummy. Most movies don't go that deep into explaining every single thing because of time. What does Fire Punch even need to explain?

god, they're not teaching the zoomies anything in school anymore, are they? fire punch can be indeed regarded as 'camp' but forget the hipster shlick for a second. There are some very identifiable themes running throughout and it definitely touches on being art. Its punk af too.
IDENTITY was one theme i really enjoyed. togatas little gender monologue was pretty cool and even had a little japanese twist to it. The idea of WHO you are, what you APPEARANCE has to do with that, LIES vs TRUTH and how they are an ontological duality that can seemingly swap places with each other in the convoluted mess of a dying iceage wasteland. Yea, it was campy but fuck if I'm not a sucker for that gritty fuck you style of storytelling. The storyline couldn't have ended a better way. Ambivalence being the best path, any 'real' climax would have been too heavy handed and frankly gross. I know people like their endings tied up in a nice box with a ribbon on it but I felt this was a nice esoteric take on LIVE vs LOVE.
The wanton take on the whimsical nature of human desire was particularly nice to me, when Punch took to Judah I wondered to myself, "but it's not his sister so what does that mean?" if it's not her SOUL doesn't that mean he's just deluding himself? does that make his affection fake? to ask these questions the author was doing something correctly. He went pretty hard on the TIME SKIP MYRIAD AND MYRIAD but I was pleased with the black and white, self and other, ying and yang style ending. Also the movie theatre symbolism really hit me being a film buff. I took would like to wake up at the cinema when I die. It's one of the better manga out there and deserves it's place with vagabond, homunculus, ichi the killer etc.. as usual with manga you can tell there was something going on behind the scenes with editor-kun, it seems like mangaka are never left alone to create their work and always have someone trying to fuck with their story for better or worse.
think i'll read it again

Bear with me. This might be a stretch since it's been a while since I read Fire Punch.

So, identity plays a large role in Fire Punch. The unifying theme is that identity is largely a narrative That is a story; in this case an explanation for someone's behavior (in the case of Agni, an explanation for his actions as Fire Punch). One person can have several identities (ergo Agni becoming San and Judah becoming Agni's sister) but no person can solely determine their own identity (as in the case of Togata claiming she is a male). Identity, as is defined in Fire Punch, is a narrative constructed by yourself and others.

Knowing that, it puts into perspective why Judah loses her memories as time goes on and she plays the role of the tree since if Judah is an immortal, memory loss by aging or whatever isn't a problem as she can just regenerate. The only person (Agni) to remind her of her role as Judah/Luna is nowhere near her hence she loses the sense of herself as Judah/Luna and fully plays the role of a tree (something lacking an identity in the sense described above).

At the very end, she manages to meet Agni as San once more and once again can play the role of Judah/Luna because it is only through someone else and yourself that identity forms.
Cut to the movie theater with the two of them to signify they have died/played their roles to the end.

It wraps up quiet nicely if you interpret it in this way.

pleb filtered
a job well done bros

>bawwwwwwww the author isn't spoonfeeding me

Is this the brainlet central?
Fire Punch? More like Kino Punch