Am I the only one who can't take this seriously as a revenge story?

I read the manga long before the anime aired. I remember being surprised that people actually felt angry on Naofumi's behalf and hated Bitch. A good revenge story to me must have good antagonists that you genuinely hate, while Naofumi's antagonist are either too stupid or over-the-top to the point of being comical. Cartoonish villain is a good way to describe them. Bitch and Trash are evil just for the sake of being evil, while the 3 heroes are comically stupid. I actually find them funny to be honest. The series also try too hard to create the "the whole world is against me" situation (everyone he meets at the beginning is extremely hostile and mean to him for trivial reasons; all of them easily believes his accuser) only to drop it almost right way (everyone he meets afterward is nice and understanding to him; they easily accept that he was innocent), which makes the whole thing feel artificial as fuck.
TL,DR :I find it hard to be emotionally invested in the story because the antagonists are too stupid and cartoonish evil they can fit in the Looney Toons series.

Attached: Tate.no.Yuusha.no.Nariagari.full.2493336.jpg (3163x4088, 1.59M)

Other urls found in this thread:

historyextra.com/period/medieval/9-of-the-worst-monarchs-in-history/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If you kill your enemies they win.

No, you are not the only one. I couldn't take any of the character seriously. Nor did I find any one of them interesting. Which is why I dropped it. Still don't understand why so many have called this as "the best isekai".
My question to you is, why are you still watching it?

>am I the only one
>proceeds to posts the same opinions everyone here has posted since episode 5

He wasn't even wronged that strongly.

the author is a hack
Also, the author is writing the Spear Hero spinoff and a new isekai(pic related)

Attached: 1559850785954.png (504x747, 790K)

Because Raphtalia is cute (though it's unfortunate that the anime nerfed her cheast). Also, the anime is decently animated. I never felt actually invested in the story in the first place, so I had no expectation anyway.
I don't visit Shield Hero threads so I don't know. Weren't there a lot of threads for last week's episode? I got the impression that most people are either satisfying over Bitch and Trash's "punishment", or angry that their punishment didn't go far enough. More than anything. I was honestly surprised that people had strong reactions towards these clowns.

Speaking of their "punishment", I can't help but think calling your enemies "Bitch" and "Trash" is utterly childish and juvenile. I get that the author wanted to convey their humiliation, but the word choice is like something middle schoolers would come up with

Imagine taking an isekai story about buying the loli beastfolk sex slave seriously

This is not a revenge story.

>another garbage isekai

Attached: mr bones.jpg (863x752, 249K)

That's how bad guys are, you think real bad people are all some masterminds with 130 iq?
>he wouldn't buy the slaves
Fuck off moralfag.

Which is another thing I don't get. Spear Hero is so stupid. Not adorably stupid like Aqua, but just plain annoyingly stupid. Why would people want to read about him?
But then again, I don't even know why people liked Shield Hero.

I'd do more than buy them.

Attached: Raphtalia's first night.jpg (836x1200, 201K)

You didn't need to visit the threads, during the first few episodes a lot of people made threads like these complaining about the exact same thing. If anything its on you if you already watched 22 episodes of something you can't even take seriously.

>everyone he meets at the beginning is extremely hostile and mean to him
Enforced religious hatred can do that. If you are a Christian do you tread the Devil with kindness?

that's the spirit
is this another shitty revenge isekai?

Attached: 1556750199242.png (675x659, 674K)

yeah, christians are some of the most benevolent people in the world
they build countless hospitals, schools and orphanages
and some of then dedicated their lives to take care of the sick and orphans expecthing nothing in return only by love for god.

It was exactly because I didn't take it seriously. that I'm able to watch it. If I actually hated Bitch, for example, I would have raged really hard over how she got off almost scott free and dropped the anime like hot shit.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining about the series or anything. I had zero expectations, so I don't care what direction the anime has gone. I just wonder if there are people actually taking the story seriously or caring about Naofumi's revenge journey.

Good but they weren't pushovers until recently.
Killing is not forbidden, murder is.
You can kill sinners if you do it with good reason and without prejudice.

Sounds like you're the problem.
historyextra.com/period/medieval/9-of-the-worst-monarchs-in-history/

>Enforced religious hatred can do that. If you are a Christian do you tread the Devil with kindness?
I'm pretty sure Christians would never summon the Devil just to shit on him. Actually, no one would dare to piss him off if he suddenly appear before them.
The thing is, convenient reasons like "We hate you because we're told to do so" need proper buildup to be effective. Just a few lines of dialogue that tells audience that shield heroes are supposed to be hated in this world doesn't really cut it. Even if you accept that people are indoctrinated to hate shield heroes (for what reason actually?), it still doesn't explain why the other 3 heroes treats Naofumi like shit from the get go. It almost feels like the whole universe is set up against him, only to compensate him almost right after.
Your point? Stupid, incompetent, and evil people are everywhere ,but no one is fixated on wronging an individual who poses no threat to them without getting real gain from it. I certainly don't see anyone from that list go so far as framing Naofumi just to...Hold on, what was Bitch's motive behind her false rape charge again?

>I just wonder if there are people actually taking the story seriously or caring about Naofumi's revenge journey.
Judging by bilibili stats, reddit posts and crunchy ranks then yes

You're right. It's a SoL comedy.

>Your point?
You think you're above the series and understand it but you're just a brainlet.
>Hold on, what was Bitch's motive behind her false rape charge again?
The country hates the shield thanks to the king so she hates him too and did it to gain sympathy from others and get closer to the spear hero cause he's hot and the type that can be easily manipulated.

I couldn't believe my fucking eyes when I saw that bitch is still allowed in the city limits. What the fuck kind of logic is this?

>did it to gain sympathy from others and get closer to the spear hero cause he's hot and the type that can be easily manipulated.
It makes no sense. Bitch is the fucking princess, and a hot one at that, while Motoyasu might as well be retarded. Why does she need to create the whole fiasco just to be closer to him? And why exactly does she need sympathy from others?

You want a proper revenge story? Kino Seeker and the medicine fag. Not this mexican shit.

I wasn’t under the impression anyone at all was emotionally invested in the story besides normies who fell for Raphtalia’s sob story, which the anime butchered

To do several things with one accusation and he's the spear hero so his status and worth is above hers and she's competing with Melty for the throne who is more liked by the queen.