Danmachi

>is the most generic fantasy isekai imaginable
>it’s STILL incredible fun to watch
What went so right?

Attached: B932107B-9768-4D78-B37C-6712AEC56897.jpg (1192x670, 135K)

Not being an Isekai for one

Voice actors? Soundtrack? I don't know, I haven't fully watched the anime, but the manga, light novel and even the mobile game focused on other characters and lore not just Bell

Attached: try.png (1792x828, 2.41M)

>the most generic fantasy isekai imaginable
But it's not? The most generic title would go to Isekai Smartphone.
And that one was fun to watch too

it's a native isekai

What familia are you in?

It's not cookie cutter, though. It's competent at both desperate, high intensity action-drama and at lighthearted SoL. The world is interesting and does a few of its own unique things. The cast is likable, and it doesn't come from the terrible "protagonist is a background character who shouldn't distract from the girls" school of writing. It's not one of the all time greats or anything, but it's a solid A-/B+, and will definitely be one of the shows that people should watch if they want to have a look at that second tier of shows from the 2010s.

Attached: yande.re 319709 cleavage dress dungeon_ni_deai_wo_motomeru_no_wa_machigatteiru_darou_ka endcard erec (1920x1080, 708K)

>isekai shit-eaters are trying to drag-in non-isekai to their shithole
They truly are underages that only watched modern isekai

>watched
Last I checked those faggots don't watch anime.
Which is why no one wants them on Yea Forums.

This shit started with goblin slayer fags trying to discuss their shit in isekai threads and peddling it off as "native isekai". Ever sicne then everything under the sun has become an isekai in an ironic way.

Anyone got the sauce for the two sci-fi isekais where in one MC is a space soldier trapped in a fantasy world as his warp drive breaks down and the other is a VRMMO setting with guns, lots of guns.

Probably the big fat titties bouncing all over the place.

I just marathoned the show over the last 2 days to get ready for the upcoming season. Any other anons want to chime in on whether the word oratoria spin-off is worth watching? From what I tell its reception was pretty lukewarm.

Attached: b48e1013cdc0bba3766fc129caff4711.jpg (280x400, 32K)

the thing that disappointed me most about this anime was that bell didn't flip over the minotaur's horns when he killed it. that kind of reference would have elevated the scene to true kino.

druaga was better

>Isekai Smartphone
It was so generic but at the same time so comfy.

oratoria spinoffs fucking trash

bell-kun

Good taste.

>make sequel
>remove bell & bestia in favor of vanilla ice cream & shitty mary sue yuri elf
>best part of the season is how hard elf loses
that elf was like a shitty isekai insertion into the cast. "ha ha i can copy any elf's spell i ever saw even archmage-tier level 9 ones"

No Kaaya here, though.

Damn. That's what it sounded like people were saying about it in the archive posts I read. That's a shame too, Ais is great. I want to see more of her goofy barbarella outfit.

The only thing missing to make this an isekai is Bell mixing together garbage to make onions sauce and blow everyone's mind.

I kept waiting for a legitimate conflict to happen in that anime and every time it's just a bunch of nothing. Smartphone didn't even come up that much if memory serves.

Attached: 1539188252478.png (886x1389, 2.55M)

Sword Oratoria is not so bad, if you liked mainline Danmachi you'll probably enjoy it well enough, though overall I'd say it's not as good. It gets hate mostly because it has a new MC who did not appear in Danmachi when most people probably imagine it to be Ais fanservice.

Because it is shameless about it. It knows exactly what it is and doesn't try to pretend it is anything other then a harem, fan service, power fantasy.

>to aru no majutsu LN artist
>SAO art style

in theory this show should have character designs similar to To Aru and prolly would sell more.

How disliked is the MC?

Isekai shit-eaters are not the one responsible for this.
Some retards/shitposters keep bringing up shit like Danmachi and Goblin Slayer in isekai threads and claiming it's "native isekai".

Read the sword oratoria manga it's 100x better than the butchered JC shit original content rewrite tier anime

The spinoff is trash. It's nice to see Loki Familia get more focus but it's ruined by the MC being a lesbian elf and the story being boring crap.
The only good part is the re-telling of Bell's fight with the minotaur.

Goblin Slayer actually is native isekai though. It has the stupid fucking guild ranking system and everything.

That's not isekai, you nigger, that's generic RPG fantasy shit.

NAYRT and i don't follow that series too closely
but isn't one of the background characters an
isekai Yuusha?

>NAYRT
What?
>isn't one of the background characters an isekai Yuusha?
She is a native Hero of that world. not a reincarnated/transported Hero. There is even a chapter in the Year One manga where she is shown as a little orphan following GS around and asking him about some traps he was setting near her village.

Not the user You are Replying To
It's a fairly common acronym.

>She is a native
A'ight. Fair.

Reminder

Attached: 8951EA29-DEE1-4D74-8F29-EC1057F726D0.png (800x475, 22K)

Not even the girls feel jealous towards each other.
Actually they help each other to get into MC's pants.

With a lot of shows of this type I feel like the premise is that you wish you could go to that world too and have adventures like the MC.

That's the one world where I feel like I would pass up on. It's like a very polite purgatory. There's just no conflict or challenge and the world shifts in weird ways to enable you to have the most frictionless adventure possible.

If it were a game it'd just be a walking simulator. All you have to do is meander around and shit will just fall into your lap with no conflict or engagement necessary.

Attached: 1543261730886.png (582x580, 31K)

nobody uses that acronym except you FAG

And that would be garbage, because Bell isn't supposed to start out knowledgeable. It's like trying to tell an underdog story of someone who has to work hard to even get a superpower and giving them seven superpowers.

Nigger, one of the first things the story does is give him a broken EXPx1000000000% blessing and the Argonaut shit.

You still need to cast the Spell to let you use the other Elf’s spell first. So you basically double the MP cost and Cast time of the original spell

I see it occasionally on /tg/

NAYRT

Remember when this show first aired and everyone thought it was going to be garbage like sao?
He'll, thought? More like everyone desperatly wanted it to the next sao.

But then it was actually good and everyone forgot about it

>>is the most generic fantasy isekai imaginable

Being this stupid should be a bannable offense.

That explains why you're a fag.

>Isekai
What?

And those were the retards that watch isekai trash since their only knowledge of isekai are the current LN isekai fad so they think the formula of those garbage defines what isekai is.
Take this retard as an example.

No, they are shitposters or a different breed of retards.
Nearly every isekai thread has one of these cunts show up and try to convince people that RPG shit means a series count as isekai, only to get shat on by everyone else and derrail the whole thread.
They are probably the same retards who try to pass time travel or post-apocaliptic series as isekai by interpreting the "different world" thing in the broadest way possible.

This has to be the stupidest fucking Venn ever made.

Reminder [spoiler[ur a faget[/spoiler]

I remember when that one guy made a giant rant about Bell being worse than Kirito and now I have to see it for the next five million years every time I open the archive.

It's not isekai you dumb faggot.

There's no 'thread' so just aheads up mob updated, manga raws too, shovel knight is now in action.

Then don't bump his thread.

I remember a similar phenomenon with Owari no Seraph. It was really popular on Yea Forums when it was about to air because everyone expected it to be the new Shingeki no Kyojin and was read to shitpost on it non-stop. That lasted about two weeks until they all left because the series turned out to be nowhere near as popular as they thought it would be.

Why? I'd still want people to discuss Danmachi, just don't call it isekai.

why is the blonde girl so bland and boring? its like the show just dies every time shes on screen.

It's because of that why I never forget

it actually started a few months prior to the Goblin Slayer anime airing. there was even someone trying to derail GS threads with a Goblin Slayer killer manga by the name of Berserk of Gluttony. the Antagonist was even named Chad. it got laughed out until it came back trying to convince everyone that GS is an iseka, isekai-lite, native isekai. it's essentially on the level with soft-seinen/hard-shonen. look up the origins of those words and you'll know of the quality of poster you're dealing with. Danmachi and Dungeon Meshi isn't even safe from this fag.

It's a tragedy.

Attached: Lefiya64.jpg (799x718, 26K)

that's a complete lie. it was always the native iseakifag merely pretending to be a isekaifag trying to stir shit up between GSfags and isekaifags like the HxH"chads" stirring shit up between the other shonenfags and HxH"chads".

Nah, more native isekai "dsicussion" for you.

Do you not know the difference between a narrative and a setting?

Isekai fags has more standard than these retarded shitposters. I suspect you are one of them since you are so sure.

I won't even partake in this dumb discussion.

Attached: Tiona_6_02.jpg (720x960, 208K)