Why does Japan always end series right after the confession...

Why does Japan always end series right after the confession? Why are romance series that continue after that point so rare? Is it just writers that can't write a nice relationship or do people really just prefer the chase more than anything? Personally I love seeing the relationship lovey dovey and the drama, it's why I pretty much only play VNs when I want romance. Does anyone here actually prefer for things to end at the confession?

Attached: 1hmce0h10s611.jpg (458x788, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=56597498
mangadex.org/title/24313/tadano-s-short-manga
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Authors don’t know what relationships are like, also writing couples is really depressing if you have no one

They need to keep the girls 'pure' and unattached for the waifufags and shipperfags. When the series is going to end they might throw in a confession as a capstone, but often they don't even do that much.

That Otaku romance one is really good for this. Just find stuff aimed at adults.

>writing couples is really depressing if you have no one
I can understand that. I just read a really lovey dovey VN where they start as reunited childhood friends and it follows their lives up until marriage and childbirth. Felt really happy reading it but also felt like shit once I was done

Yeah Wotakoi is based

Now imagine writing that crap, the characters you created which may or may not be actual pieces of you living in absolute bliss in a fantasy romance while you live in Japan with the 40% virginity rate.

Thanks, I have a terrible memory for names and titles.

Do you want it to continue for another hundred chapters of going to college, visiting home, deciding what they want to do in life, all mixed with SoL and finally ending with a wedding and a timeskip?
No, no you don't.

Attached: Cover - Vol.24.jpg (1127x1600, 330K)

No, because the timeskip is unnecessary.

I would if handled well enough. If I become invested in characters and their growth and relationships then I can keep reading as long as the writer is capable of making it at least somewhat interesting.

I find that appealing in webcomics that manage to pull it off and keep going.

But that author is consistently terrible though

I do

Attached: z6.png (960x1361, 689K)

yes, stop being a faggot

whats this from? reverse image searching isnt helping

Here's your answer Op.

Attached: images (41).jpg (300x450, 43K)

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=56597498
Just from a small strip it seems
wish I could find all of it translated

Because the real story is the love that was built along the way. The actual sex doesn't matter

Sex shouldn't be the end either, but be part of the story.

i found it actually, im so used to using stuff that isn't google for find sources that i stopped using it. it was pretty easy to find with google though.

mangadex.org/title/24313/tadano-s-short-manga

Well I know what I'm reading tonight

Attached: 1553985970728.jpg (335x430, 29K)

Love Hina kept going after the confession, with Keitaro and Naru's relationship developing more while the manga turned from a romcom into a weird road trip adventure manga.

what VN?

Sex should really be the climax of the story because you "climax" during it

The story should have multiple climaxes.

because building an actual relationship afterwards is hard. the main hook of the story is "will they or won't they?" and once that's settled you have to address if they will still work as an actual couple or not?

Attached: 54d4543232970_-_esq-graduate-high.jpg (1920x811, 139K)

Wrong then the love is ruined

In the case of harem manga, that's because giving the winner girl cute dating chapters with the MC is like rubbing salt on loserfags wounds.

Hoshi Ori
Specifically Marika route
there's an initial school arc and then an after story arc for all the heroines. Marika's in particular struck the biggest chord in me though. I unironically fell hard enough for her that I was depressed for days when it was over
It's worth a read though, all the girls have their own charm

Attached: 1549581129299.png (1366x768, 1.1M)

The shitflinging in the threads would be pretty hilarious though

Why make this a spinoff instead of a sequel? Ruins the main manga knowing he doesn't get NTR'ed.

That troll chapter where the author makes it seem like he died was pretty genius. Got all the NTRfags riled up

why make the spinoff at all really when it's going to be the exact same thing as the original series but they're older and have a kid. too bad it wasn't made after the original series ended so they could act like an actual married couple.

OP you should read Naze da Naitou.

Attached: 5388BD87-9DDF-4862-9CCC-1B54F612AFE1.png (780x731, 180K)

This is far more common for shounen romance than shoujo romances. Shoujo romances often have the couple get together early and then shitloads of people try to break them up for drama. But there are some shounen romances where people hook up before the end.
Also, this isn't exclusive to Japan either. American tv shows work very similarly. In no small part due to what happened to Cheers after Sam and Diane got together.

This spin-off actually finally made me drop the series.

The another hundred chapters of comfy SoL after story turned out to be hands down the best thing about Arifureta, so I wouldn't be so hasty with my judgment here.

Yes I do actually

I wish more things would have that sort of SoL after the main plot.