Why did he start treating her like shit halfway through the show, cementing his own destruction?

Why did he start treating her like shit halfway through the show, cementing his own destruction?

Attached: 1464070159961.jpg (864x486, 58K)

Did he though?

>Rei
>smiling

wat

Rei II is pretty expressive, my dude. You just never noticed because of how over the top Asuka is.

Maybe not, it was probably seeing what happened to Ritsuko and the things Ritsuko said and did to her that soured her on daddy gendo.

>he fell for the "emotionless doll" meme

she has her moments

This nigga legit didnt watch the show.

I always took it as Rei II leaning more towards Shinji and Gendou realizing that Rei III just didn't care as much about him in general. After the reset I guess he figured she was on autopilot and she'd just follow orders for 3I so he shut her out since they were so close to the endgame anyway. He didnt realize the impact(lol) Shinji had on both Rei's

Anno forgot her, then had to reincorporate her into the show somehow.

>Anno forgot her
with all the bullshit Otaku screaming about Rei at the time, no way.

Rei was a thot that cheats on Gendo as soon as some young cock shows her a little bit of kindness

That was more Gendou than anything, Dropped old and busted Akagi, for the daughter, then dropped her for Rei.

Rei 3 probably had the malice of Rei 1, so choosing shinji was probably vindictive in some way. After all, he was really acting like a dick in EoE and verbally sucking off Yui.

Attached: k.jpg (1280x1557, 568K)

This.
Rei-3 regained the full soul of Rei-1, the part that was angry and resentful.
Rei-3 is really quick to go break the glasses Rei-2 kept as a keep sake, even before she fully decided against opposing Gendo.

I wonder if she was still mad about being put in Unit00

Attached: 05-SelfPreservation.jpg (864x432, 44K)

Given the opportunity, Unit 0 immediately attempts to murder Gendo. Damn

In this instance Ritsuko said afterward that she was certain Unit-00 was after herself, which would make sense if it could somehow recognize her as Naoko's daughter. But probably pissed at Gendo too.

Maybe she betrayed gendo because he stole her kill?

Attached: 37vggw7.jpg (750x600, 62K)

Now this Rei chracter has been a mystery to me for years even after re watches.

Were there multiple Rei's? or was it just her mood swings/unpredictable nature/facade that led us to believe there's more character to her and ofc character development.

I'd hold her hands if she had long hair.

Attached: plugsuit bodysuit __ayanami_rei_and_toudou_shimako_neon_genesis_evangelion_and_etc_drawn_by_shirotsu (600x855, 91K)

Rei 1 - lilith's soul in a flesh vessel
Rei 2 - half of lilith's soul in a flesh vessel
Rei 3 - lilith's soul in a flesh vessel

Rei Q - just a flesh vessel

>half/all of lilith's soul in a flesh vessel
Was that the reason to her smiling? Like her Lilith soul quantity determines her mood?

Well the half that was inside unit-00 was probably something like all of her aggression and malice, things that would be good to have in a fighting robot

Not sure we can say exactly how the Rebuild Reis work yet.
If its anything like the original, they need some sort of soul in order to exist outside of the tank they were born in.

But we also have the false preview from 2.0 that had this shot of several Reis.
Maybe many many soul fragments of Lilith this time, or they're finding other blank souls to shove in them.

Attached: 1464708858703.png (1920x1080, 3.33M)

Fresh souls shouldn't be hard to find, given near 3rd impact happening and all.

Don't remind me of the false preview bro

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 11K)

He never truly cared about her, in herself anyway. The closer to his real aim, the more it showed. would also be fitting.
Eva legit has one of the worst "fandoms" because so many don't even actually pay attention to the damn series.

Cuz she's a doll lol

its hard to pay attention to something you never seen
heh

no she says that the second time 00 goes berserk, when they're doing the cross-sync tests

Was the false preview just Anno and co. trolling, or did they just rewrite and scrap it, or were they just throwing shit at the wall?

Everything in the false preview could have actually happened, but 14 years passed and Anno is trolling by never bothering to show us the details of all that damn time.

>Rei-3 regained the full soul of Rei-1,
How? Isn't it stuck in Unit 0?

I don't know, but I still feel like most of stuff in the preview still happened, it just happened between Eva 2.0 and Shinji being "revived in 3.0". To this day, I still want a "2.5" movie/series/manga.

Unit-00 and Rei-2 died together self-destructing.

Rei was perfection incarnate.