So I've been reading Vol 1 and I can see why this nailed the LN award especially compared to the drivel the industry...

So I've been reading Vol 1 and I can see why this nailed the LN award especially compared to the drivel the industry has been pushing out.
>no isekaishit
>sci-fi, although a bit hampered by collective consciousness bullshit
>muh racism/xenophobia
>child soldiers in a drone war
>minimal romance bullshit
My only complaint so far is the MC being a prodigal war god, and the base hijinks which can feel a bit out of place.

What do you think about it? What studio will handle the inevitable anime adaptation?

Attached: 86__000.jpg (1700x2200, 546K)

Is this like Alderamin?

Sell it to me, what is it about and why should I pick it up? I already have it torrented.

>minimal romance bullshit
dropped

Typical tragedy shit with rape, ntr-bait so it's well written apparently.

There is no rape and NTR.

I like it. Lena is wonderful. But yeah Shin is a very generic LN character and it would honestly be better without him.

Attached: 86.(Novel).full.2320775.jpg (1144x1346, 1.53M)

Looks interesting but I already see this moe waifubait so it's a no go. Are there military manga, LN or anime but without cute girls in seductive outfits who add cliché romance and ruin dangerous war atmosphere? I'm not against romance if female character isn't supposed to be obvious waifubait.

>LN

Attached: 1554664104956.jpg (424x476, 43K)

>Protagonist is a grizzled stereotype with military-inadmissible hair
Dropped

Tanya?

Girl is the MC.

Why the fuck are you even watching anime if you just want dudes? Go watch some generic war movie #37845983405863985.

When I want cuteness and nothing else I watch harems, isekai, whatever else that is being true to itself and don't add too much unnecessary seriousness. But sometimes I want something serious about war but in anime or manga style because there's a big difference between watching movie and watching anime or reading manga.

*doesn't add

I really liked how the main girl grew throughout the first volume, from strict and serious to doing whatever whe wants. A shame she's an old hag.

Is she used goods?

I haven't read anything past volume 1 yet, so I hope he gets better. But this was my impression as well. Lena had some really nice development, while Shin didn't really impress me as much.

I really liked how she went from your typical "everyone will survive!" mentality to full on 40k commissarish with the "You will die from this, but I will make sure your death will matter in the end." A shame the latter bit happened off-screen during a timeskip though.

I think next two volumes are about that big battle mentioned in epilogue.

>I haven't read anything past volume 1 yet, so I hope he gets better.
I thought volume 2 and 3 did a good a job at that. Dude is just a tormented soul who sees everyone he cares about dying while he keeps being the sole survivor.

>My only complaint so far is the MC being a prodigal war god
That's explained. He comes from a family whose lineage is made of ridiculous powerful warriors.

Frankly, everyone should have died and it shouldve ended with the defense lines collapsing from attrition and an ensuing massacre like was always foretold. That, or they shouldve actually given us the battle that saved the damn country.

>That, or they shouldve actually given us the battle that saved the damn country.
Volume 3.

I'll be looking forward to reading those then. I didn't exactly hate the guy at all, just didn't really feel too enthused by his character just from volume 1. Still optimistic about his development though. I'll keep an open mind on it.

I don't believe she is.

Legend of the galactic heroes it is then.

Attached: 1557999304450.png (640x478, 392K)

The greatest story ever told.

I couldn't get into it, the whole social drama angle about the eighty-sixes and normal people just wasn't doing it for me. I dropped it at the part when MC started crying because she realized she hadn't learned their names.

>this series seems like something I'd like, except there's a cute girl so I won't even try it
This is incredibly autistic, user.

MC is a letdown since she is so generic it hurts, aside of that is...OK I guess.

This novel is literally that one Code Geass spin-off. There's a pretty interesting take on the traditional mecha protagonist rivalry the protagonist's nemesis is his undead brother but to be honest I was rooting for the racists.

>My only complaint so far is the MC being a prodigal war god, and the base hijinks which can feel a bit out of place.
These sound like pretty big minuses to me dawg