Untitled

谷口吾郎「今のアニメ業界は鬱展開は出来ません、すぐにオタクが発狂してしまう。ギアス的な物はもうテレビではやらせてもらえない」

Attached: 302B2317-F3B4-468B-9B65-DDA8488129D0.jpg (600x322, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dic.pixiv.net/a/鬱展開
youtube.com/watch?v=Uc79LeFn_eM&feature=youtu.be&t=702
namekkutake.livedoor.blog/archives/17421651.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I am become Euphemia, destroyer of elebins.

日本語わかない

This is America, speak English God dammit.

so i think goro taniguchi (code geass director/writer/screenplay guy) is saying
>"In today's anime those types of edgy/brutal/grotesque scenes can't be done today because the people who watch it will go crazy (i think the implication is that they'll copy the weird shit they see in anime). So the stuff you saw in Code Geass can't be replicated in today's anime."

i was actually thinking about this the other day, namely the newest jojo where it feels like when Araki wrote this particular arc, that he was trying to see just how far he can push it by putting a shitload of edgy and unsettling stuff in like:
-the naranccia thing where his tongue gets cut out and replaced by the stand
-that woman being trapped under the floorboards for years with her mouth sewn until she became a vegetable by the main boss
-the stand which infests a woman and gets birthed from her (that might be rape by today's standards)
-the prevalence of gay villains especially the last one which portrayed a master/gimp relationship
like, it's crazy to think this got animated and broadcasted in [current year]

>those types of edgy/brutal/grotesque scenes can't be done today because the people who watch it will go crazy (i think the implication is that they'll copy the weird shit they see in anime)
>This is America

Looks like world is becoming America.

By crazy he means the otakus will throw a bitchfits because it is not a happy wish-fullfillment story.

Frankly I think of all people taniguchi has no right to say this, since himself is a sellout who resurrect Lelouch due to audience's demand and cashgrab.

code geass itself was a cashgrab which threw in a bunch of appealing tropes and plot concepts which were hot at the time and made a poorly paced Death Note/Gundam hybrid which had episodic shock-value plotpoints (Nunally dying, coming back an episode later for instance)
general fulfillment anime are holding studios and writers back form making something great because they're safe and sell blurays well or pump the streaming numbers up, it was obvious CG was one of the biggest shills back then when they did the pizza hut crap

i think it's an accountability issue more than anything, you don't want to be the anime someone copied when they kill someone
or like that stabbing attack in akiba a few years back, they instantly referenced shiki and kara no kyoukai

that's not at all what he's saying, the otaku will metaphorically go nuts. The meaning of 発狂 here is 精神の平衡を失うこと。

this is correct

Taniguchi's quote in is stating that in the modern anime industry it's not possible to have any depressing developments because the otaku will start throwing a shit fit. Due to that he can't get anyone to let him do something like the scene from Geass on TV anymore. In other words, it seems like he's complaining that people only want moeblob / "healing" anime and no one will let him do dark or depressing shit anymore.

dic.pixiv.net/a/鬱展開

>その表現方法は作家によって様々で、直接的な残虐シーンを描く者から、精神的にキャラをいたぶる描写を好む者、キャラの悪意をしつこく描く者から、キャラには悪意がないにもかかわらず導かれるどうしようもない不幸を描く者まで幅広い。

鬱展開 does not mean depressing developments, it is a subgenre which focuses on disturbing scenes, tragedies or psychological stresses which affects the characters regardless of whether they are good guys or bad guys
euphemia shooting up the stadium of elevens is 鬱展開
nice boat beheading of makoto in school days is 鬱展開

>The meaning of 発狂 here is 精神の平衡を失うこと。
yes, this is the definition
「狂」in 狂気、発狂 is used in depicting people's mental states (お前くるったか?!) rather than being angry (怒らせる、怒りを招く)

I don't think that's even the point of what Taniguchi is saying, unless you put a lot of words in his mouth that aren't in the text quoted above.

Besides, anime is almost always made for money. Anime isn't freely produced for the love of art. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool. Which is why it's silly to speak of "sellout" because we are surrounded by many other manga series and anime shows that are also continuing and will do so as long as the fans are willing to buy. Stop fans from buying and you'll get no more Dragon Ball, no more Attack on Titan and no more popular shows in general. It's not some sort of sudden or unexpected situation.

Thing is, that's not some sort of rare or unusual approach. Let alone in the genre. Code Geass did it one way but other mecha shows have followed exactly the same logic at different points in time. Even Gundam, if you're really analyzing it with a critical and contextual lens, was using elements from stuff that was popular at the time, including the whole Char Aznable concept that wasn't somehow a new invention never seen before. Macross was popular, so they introduced transforming robots into Gundam.

Regardless, studios will always make different types of anime, there's nothing preventing them from creating stuff that will be to your liking. Sooner or later, it'll happen. It's not like they are making only one show.

You can argue that Lelouch was already hinted as being alive, way back in 2008, so all he did was confirm something that was not much of a mystery. It's not like everyone was sure the guy had died.

So it's more about the content of the scene, rather than all these other things people read into the phrase.

all i see is people with poor japanese skills (ie. you, him, the other guy) misinterpreting something a japanese person said and extrapolating a conversation from the misinterpretation
it has literally nothing to do with selling out or wish fulfillment anime

I think it's the implication some folks are getting from the phrase. All the dude is referencing is that many current viewers or maybe even the broadcasters don't want gory or disturbing contents in anime. There's exceptions, but maybe it's true in general.

>that might be rape by today's standards
>might
>today's standards

But what about Happy Sugar Life?

People call out edgy stuff now a days as ridiculous, immature and cringe. Which desu it is.

Whoops, my bad.

Attached: uB3H7hw.png (1334x750, 1.51M)

Conversely, overly sweet, inoffensive and naive stuff is also immature and sappy. Not sophisticated and mature.

youtube.com/watch?v=Uc79LeFn_eM&feature=youtu.be&t=702
here's the interview for context
taniguchi references before this part that the 3.11 tohoku earthquakes have left people high strung and sensitive to tragedies so 鬱展開 is too hardcore and simply too much for people to handle nowadays

Attached: for example.png (811x123, 9K)

If he meant "people in Japan are more sensitive to tragedies and disasters because of this and this" why would he specify OTAKU?

namekkutake.livedoor.blog/archives/17421651.html
>comments "narou is the best"
>"moe pigs really are the worst"
>"magomagi was popular with otaku just recently"
>"IBO: I can do that"
>"today's otaku don't want anything but a nice and easy world, after all"
Yeah very unambiguous what he's talking about to nips.

How do Japanese people tell where words end and begin, when they don't appear to use spaces?

kanji+common sense

>"today's otaku don't want anything but a nice and easy world, after all"
Fucking pieces of shit, eh?

Youdontneedtodoitinenglisheither.Ittakespracticetolearnthis.