SOUL / SOULLESS

SOUL / SOULLESS

Attached: 5LYzTBVoS196gvYvw3zjwMOq6dVP6aHOYDJnVkwJEwY.png (1456x1010, 2.84M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZRHEVkHV5Co
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hanajima senses retard waves from OP

Attached: Hanajima.png (1366x768, 1.49M)

Oh, god. Early digital anime was truly of high QUALITY.

Retard nostalgiafag. The new adaptation has thus far been better and a lot more faithful to the manga.

The new adaption looks so much better though.

It does, but I don't much like the poster. Looks more static.

That old anime art is ugly as fuck.

>When the art is so accurate, it's awful

It has the best ending of the season
youtube.com/watch?v=ZRHEVkHV5Co

This is my wife Akito, also known as Best Girl of the series, say something nice about her!

Attached: 05705E75-3A6A-48D2-8129-FBC2C04EAF0C.jpg (293x320, 19K)

Nice feet.

I never saw the 2001 version. The only thing I might prefer is that Shigure's hair is closer to black than dark gray.

The key difference is the direction. Daichi's direction is much better.

I like Akito, can't wait to see her panic attacks and mental breakdowns

Like the manga

What the HECK was his problem?

Attached: 4C09FC1B-40F2-4831-A09C-F8AB87EC0078.png (784x578, 265K)

>t. Shigure

The guy who directed the original fruits basket anime also directed. . . . Now And Then Here And There.

Copy pasta

Shigure is actually the deepest, most complex character in the series.

Reducing his character and motivation down to just "shipping bait" or "wanting to get Akito" is doing him a major disservice. His immediate attachment to the dream and thus subsequently Akito is meant to signal to the audience just how lost and empty he really feels in life. He had massive identity issues and didn't have a strong sense of self outside of the curse like all the other Juunishi did which is why he was the only one able to latch onto Akito the way he did.

It's only when Kureno's curse breaks and Akito sleeps with him that he realises that as much as he's not bothered by it like everyone else, he's just been using the curse and his bond to Akito as a crutch the whole time which is incredibly unhealthy.

Seeing Kureno free and Akito being able bond with him without the curse makes Shigure begin to question everything and he starts thinking that he still wants a bond and a relationship with Akito, but on his own terms. He wants to be able to stand shoulder to shoulder to her and be seen as an equal rather than as a servant playing out their role.

He wants to try to get to know and genuinely love the real Akito hiding underneath that God persona, this is why he gifts her that kimono at the end and says "It's nice to meet the new you."

Loving the God was nice and easy for him, but he's no longer content with the status quo which is why he shakes things up the way he does and pushes Akito out of her comfort zone, in truth it's also pushing himself out of his comfort zone. He's trying to forge a relationship with Akito independant to their forced bond to see if the real "truth" and "meaning" to life can be found and cultivated outside a predetermined fate.

Shigure Sohma is the only character to go through such an extensive existensial crisis and stare it square in the face, vowing to overcome it through any means possible.

Shigure Sohma is awesome.

They look like mongoloids in the old anime.

Attached: 1539175778871.jpg (480x384, 36K)

Sadly... yeah. The new version is superior in animation, style, pacing, and design. But for some reason, it feels... empty, I felt the same way about the new CCS anime. Something's just... wrong.

I just miss Kyo's shitty wardrobe.

Nostalgia goggles speaking.

Clear Card being terrible was mostly due to it having at best one cour of content stretched over two cours.

Right looks far better, the fuck is this?

Attached: file.png (143x102, 27K)

>Character whose only about shipping
>Awesome

No, dog is worst boy.

>Turning a serious, psychological family drama into a zany comedy is “good direction.”

I don't think so. I think it's the directing. Everything feels more subdued. The first attempt had more energy, more vitality. This one is quieter.

the bottom three on the left lack foreheads, which just makes them look like they have some sort of terrible and debilitating birth defect

>Early 00s art
>Soul
No

Why is she so perfect Yea Forums?

Attached: 12676C4C-0796-4530-AE1F-5B5B9484C3C7.png (180x261, 26K)

How did he get away with this?

Attached: 3F4A3CD3-7BA1-4958-A204-84D590D905CF.jpg (745x1200, 86K)

>zany comedy
He took some parts of the show and made them authentically funny. Those balance incredibly well with the sad scenes. It isn't just a melodrama. It is a fun show that makes you laugh and cry.

Attached: wut.jpg (290x218, 12K)

>”Funny”
>Making best girl fujobait and changing her entire motivation
>Getting rid of all of Shigure’s dark side and turning him into a one-note creepy pedo
>Getting rid of Momiji’s Germaness
>Omitting key foreshadowing scenes
>Ruining the Kyo/Tohru ship and Tohru herself by having her run away when she saw his true form
>Unfinished

Yeah keep telling yourself that, Daichi a hack! He ruins every shojo manga he touches, he is the anti-Anno.

>old - good
>new- bad

Because that's what they are

Is true that the author made one of the characters a woman as a twist just to own the fujos?

Clear Card was adapting bad source material made solely for cash grab purposes, there wasn't much the anime staff could do to fix it.
The manga is still fucking horrible btw

No, Akito was always meant to be a woman. The mangaka had the whole story fully planned out from the start and there’s some subtle foreshadowing scattered throughout.

Reminder that girls can’t love other girls.

Happy Pride libcucks! ^.))

Attached: 159570FD-EB62-4CAF-82F0-322D89757326.jpg (1204x1920, 985K)

Akito's gender is so crucial to the plot, it just would not make sense if Akito was a man.

Yeah no man would be such a conniving abusive and manipulative cunt.