Dungeon Meshi

Why Dungeon Meshi isn't more popular in Yea Forums? I genuinely feel that this is one of the best series ever written, with great attention to details, compelling characters that you grow to really care about and brilliant world building.

Isn't there any talk about an anime adaptation?

Attached: 13871v1.jpg (1801x2560, 929K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/a/thread/188725586/#q188744111
store.steampowered.com/app/799640/Dungeon_Munchies/
anonfile.com/P8v1R4tdn8/BGEE_Dungeon_Meshi_With_actual_effort_this_time_zip
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Why Dungeon Meshi isn't more popular in Yea Forums?
because it's not shonenshit or CGDCT

No chapter for a while.

>dungeon meshi
>not popular
user, there probably isn't a single person on Yea Forums as a whole that dislikes Dungeon Meshi.
It's just that its a monthly series, so we aren't discussing it 24/7.

Because cooking is garbage and no one wants to read about it.

We have multiple threads everytime there's a new chapter.

Not having a cancerous continuous general thread everyday =/= not popular.

>Isn't there any talk about an anime adaptation?
there is and the consensus is that it shouldn't get one

also lurk for more than a week

Because you're new.

>Why Dungeon Meshi isn't more popular in Yea Forums?

Attached: 1523814896181.png (221x218, 19K)

There's just not much to discuss when there's no new chapter. But there's usually at least one thread up for 3 days to a week when the chapter gets published, plus one on /tg/ if you want more.

The feeling of knowing you are superior to the trash that read isekai is priceless too.

It's a why isn't a manga that is actually popular , but I'll create a shit thread about said manga while claiming it isn't because they don't lurk thread.

What's the appeal to this? Does it change any past the first couple of chapters? It didn't have any stand out qualities to it. There wasn't a single even relatively funny moment. The characters and interactions weren't interesting. I can't see any possible way to make an interesting plot, and it certainly didn't start with one. The only thing it did to make it stand out was that it went into depth on cooking fantasy creatures which is probably one of the least relatable themes you can come up with.

>Does it change any past the first couple of chapters?

Attached: 1502283889166.png (2520x1798, 2.03M)

The first few chapters are world building. It does change past the first few chapters, the story builds up really nicely. But if you didn't like the first few chapters it's not for you.

Not enough generic flawless waifus to lose their shit about. Plot and world building details slow down the tits and ass. Oni girl is the only one that's popular because she's the closest to a retarded anime blob.

>I genuinely feel that this is one of the best series ever written, with great attention to details

I like DM but this is going way too overboard, a good /tg/ regular can make a better setting, DM's biggest merit is that the author presents the setting in a "smart" way that doesn't require constant exposition.

Coincidentally DM lost its charm for me when they started to try getting into a real "plot".

all of these posts are true

biggest retard in this thread

This

How bad was the shitstorm in Yea Forums when this happened? I was literally screaming at my tablet when I reached this part.

>Chicken things that die to humans.

>I was literally screaming at my tablet when I reached this part

Attached: Yr9O6pId.jpg (240x240, 16K)

desuarchive.org/a/thread/188725586/#q188744111
At least you managed to wait a week to make this thread.

why does he wear plate over his maille?

Sound like Goblin Slayer threads are more your things.
Go back

excellent first volume. best twist on a fantasy manga I'd read in years
but volume 2 onward just put me to sleep

I wanted to protect Farlyn's smile. ;_;

Attached: 2.png (1050x1500, 423K)

>weekly "why don't we ever have DM threads" thread
Yawn.

So I've been dying to ask this but Marcille is definitely a half-elf right? There have been so many hints throughout the entire story that imply her mixed heritage.

Attached: N1.png (1252x1800, 593K)

Attached: 1558041691416.png (259x417, 63K)

>why don't we have more threads for a monthly release manga that's barely 50 chapters deep?
Yeah why can't there be more shitposting about elves and godawful panel edits

Attached: 1553612491071.jpg (640x480, 27K)

I thought so. For some reason this is disappointing.
I may not get the appeal for Dungeon Meshi, but I can safely say from the few chapters I read it's a cut above Goblin Slayer at the very least.

Say what you want, but she really does look cool.

Stop shitposting. She is not. We discussed this to death. Nothing of her backstory hints at that, her entire backstory works even better because she is an elf.

Attached: img000009-02.jpg (1128x1600, 544K)

It is very popular. But it’s also EXTREMELY popular on /tg/

Her heritage is ambiguous to be fair.

It should be obvious. Everyone calls her an elf. Wizardry, which is very likely the basis for this world, doesn't even have any half-elves.

Attached: 51-01-02.png (1252x1800, 1.2M)

No but really, what was Yea Forums or /tg/'s reaction?

Because its boring,unfunny shit.

>Yea Forums
boner
>/tg/
___boner___

Because long-ass hiatuses tend to kill the hype.

Meshi started off as an incredibly popular manga 5 years ago but the author simply cant keep the quality up after the manga loses its novelty.

Thats why meshi threads are filled with newfags

I hope it doesn't get a cheap ugly anime in the future

Baldur's Gate manga when?

Attached: 1558630095478.jpg (1280x1905, 973K)

A good or evil MC? Which romance route would it be? Aerie? A new harem one? Imoen?

Nee-chan moe

Attached: 1537957041296.jpg (1024x768, 147K)

>Ears noticeably rounder than every other elf in the picture

Jogs my nogs, boss.

Art style. We had this discussion a million times and your arguments don't change.

Attached: 1444760493181.png (231x276, 39K)

They don't need to. I fully expect the elf party to meet up with Marcille at some point, perhaps even very soon. Then one of us will earn the power of being smug for the rest of these threads.

>Art style
Yeah every other elf just happens to have knife ears, mangaka might have drawn the other elves too but Marcille just happens to have rounder ears for no reason, stop thinking there's a deeper meaning to it"

>Yeah every other elf just happens to have knife ears
You apparently haven't read the manga. Fionil exists.

Attached: Clipboard01-2.jpg (945x1075, 402K)

Wait a minute, Senshi is the only dwarf who looks so rugged. He must be half golem!

because we all go to /tg/ to talk about it

Attached: 1536384559909.png (593x515, 153K)

I wish MMORPG's were like this...

It's as popular as a monthly manga can be on Yea Forums. It's not about quality, but about momentum. Whenever there's a chapter, there's discussions up the wazzoo about it, but it does down after a week or so. If it's not released weekly, be it manga or anime, you won't get daily threads about it.

>volumes sell half a million copies in a few months
>something that 99% of the industry can't do
>why no popular

Attached: it's him.jpg (1226x1199, 570K)

To this day I still wish there was a game based on Dungeon Meshi. Just think about it
> Multiplayer action RPG
> In depth cooking mechanics where players can work together to prepare a variety of dishes that provide various buffs and healing properties
> During breaks in your dungeon crawling expeditions you could sit around a campfire with other players in your party chowing down and whining about how broken the dragon is, how every time you party up with pubs the faggots keep wiping on the second floor, and how fucking unbalanced changelings are

Attached: wrwrwe.png (239x361, 107K)

Oh and screaming at that faggot who managed to fuck up on preparing mandrakes yet again despite giving him explicit instructions on how to properly uproot them

Attached: 18.png (473x724, 255K)

More like
>no 24/7 threads
>no waifufagging and avatarposting
>why no popular Yea Forums?
I hope we never get an anime.

WHY THE FUCK DO YOU WANT SOMETHING YOU LIKE TO BE POPULAR HERE? POPULARITY HERE LEADS TO MORE POPULARITY ON LEBBIT WHICH CAUSES USUAL REACTION HERE AND NO MORE FUN ON Yea Forums

There's EO2U though it's a dungeon crawler.
Story content has a shitload of dialogues dedicated to food.

Is that the mod?
What a shitshow.
>Aerie
There's no other way. Kui will it.

Attached: 1557953482903.jpg (1276x1920, 1.28M)

Also cheese elf.
I'd say the reality is probably that just the canaries have sharp ears to make them look different, more exotic/noble/old(could be sign of maturity) than the commoner elves like Fionil or Marcille

Attached: 002.png (852x1200, 362K)

Thistle's ears also aren't fully tipped and seem to get less round as he ages.

Attached: 02_125.png (1125x1600, 475K)

Another elf in background, again round ear ends

Attached: DungeonMeshiv01_p020 copy.png (1685x2500, 1.07M)

>every other elf
And here you have another. Clearly the rounded ears are normal.

Attached: DungeonMeshiv01_p022 copy.png (1685x2500, 908K)

Ah, so user wants a never ending general? Fuck that noise.

Ya'll alright, do something about the DBZ/S, HxH and random moe/SoL show generals on Yea Forums

And here you have another. (not the same, different staff)
Seems that at the start Kui didn't yet decide that there would be relativelly little elves, to the degree that Kabru only knew about Marcille and Crying-chan (Fionil).

Attached: DungeonMeshiv01_p033 copy.png (1685x2500, 950K)

The shroom looks cute
I want a plushie of them

being able to link to that seems kinda autistic to be desu

Attached: tumblr_pp0syvJwJ51rq0x9xo1_1280.jpg (1202x1776, 259K)

INCONSPICUOUS

It only gets better with every chapter though

I'd rather it not be any more popular. It feels like we got a small influxes of people with cat and again with the canaries. The more people brought in the worse threads get.

I wanted to read it before, but then I saw it was about cooking and lost interest.

It's comedy (with story) foremost, the cooking is just a device. Actually it's more of a parody of cooking manga, much like it is a parody of "RPG" manga.

I think if she's intended to be the Dungeons Queen that the story will reveal her heritage when its convenient. Maybe her dad was a half elf which proves that the races can at least interbreed.

>It's comedy
That kinda sucks too, I don't really find many comedy manga/anime funny. Ah whatever, it's not like I'm a busy man, might as well give it a shot.

The cooking falls to the wayside not far in.
For the most part it's just conventional meals that ground the characters a bit more for autists who get upset when adventurers are homonculi who never seem to need to eat, sleep, or shit.

We're never going to get to "dude guillotine the cheese lmao" or some shit.

Senshi guillotined bat meat tho.

I don't remember the mod being terrible, even if it has choices no one should want to use.
>There's no other way. Kui will it.
And maybe handle the baby better.

I totally want to knock up Aerie tho.
Her having the baby in a few weeks after telling the PC about it and then carrying it in bag during battles with dragons and the like, well, that was dumbo.
Cespenair guarding the boy/girl in the pocket plane would be better.

>Goddamn it Laius, wtf

The method was the only problem. That and not doing it sooner and more often.

> Dungeon Meshi Online
> Pub party with four other dudes
> Healer gets killed by a fucking mushroom on the first floor
> Halfway through the second floor everyone's on the verge of death
> Fuck it, let's set up camp and try to heal with some food
> Mage accidentally gets himself killed while trying to harvest mandrake
> Thief in party fucks up while trying to prepare slime, gives up and throws unprepared slime in the pot
> Warrior is a fucking retard who doesn't know how to prep cave scorpion, just throws the entire scorpion in the pot
> Results: -2 strength, -5 dexterity, -4 willpower, poisoned: take 2 damage per second for 30 seconds
> Leave session

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.gif (200x150, 2.75M)

store.steampowered.com/app/799640/Dungeon_Munchies/

Attached: Dungeon Munchies on Steam(1).png (1029x1083, 565K)

what the fuck

/tg/ ruined it with their purity shit

Attached: 70947733.png (2100x1344, 919K)

A mixture of "oh shit it's happening!" and "damn it Laius"

So who of you late starters happened to read "chapter 0" as the first one and then kept waiting for Cat to appear the whole time?

Attached: 2.png (759x1080, 274K)

Time to play BG.

Attached: Baldr011.jpg (1518x886, 474K)

>Senshi as barbarian? He's very cultured tho. Unless you made him dwarven defender.

I was also tempted so fucking strongly, installed 2 and ran Irenicus Dungeon with elf FMT. But then I didn't know who to take into the party out of the characters I like (besides Aerie and Mazzy) so that it isn't the same party as always and still somewhat functional. So that luckily stalled me and allowed me to recover from the gaming addict relapse.

Also SoA sucks by having the conflict between doing the game in the order that was intended (mainland quests then go for Imoen), while if you want Imoen and/or do some basic role-playing, you simply have to go save her ASAP.
So while I'd like to replay it, these things annoy me.

BTW I saw somebody on Reddit make a NPC portrait pack for the games from Kui's pictures.

>Unless you made him dwarven defender.
Yes.

>I genuinely feel that this is one of the best series ever written, with great attention to details, compelling characters that you grow to really care about and brilliant world building.

Dungeon Meshi is the most basic bitch dndlite manga has ever seen. Plot is stale as Marcilles soup and characters have zero motivations, weaknesses or wants that might conflict with each other. Antagonist basically has zero character development which is crucial in any good fantasy and the world itself is tied to one, generic location. And even though we explore that one place over the years its still more lackluster than some fantasy cities in bigger works.

The fact that people lack the self-conscious to even suggest Meshi is somehow above other manga is frankly sad. This is basically a newfags first written work. Dungeon Meshi is subpar as a manga and plain bad as literature.

Read more manga

Attached: 1553805393446.png (262x239, 88K)

Got this from Yea Forums
anonfile.com/P8v1R4tdn8/BGEE_Dungeon_Meshi_With_actual_effort_this_time_zip

Maybe elves ears get sharper as they age, isn't marcille supposed to be young?

trying too hard, kiddo

I like cooking but not fake cooking

Forgot Aerie and Jaheira in BGII.
Inconceivable!
Yeah, that might be it. I think the sharp ears with notches and stuff are mostly meant to make the canary elves look more distant/exotic and enigmatic.

Double digit iq

I've seen dungeon meshi reaction images on a lot of boards though it has died down quite a it

It is good a good source for them.

Attached: 1550287408061.png (186x936, 55K)

>Forgot Aerie and Jaheira in BGII.
>Inconceivable!
Aerie is very conceivable!

>Aerie is very conceivable!
And any manga would need lots of it.

It's the magazine DM is on that has been on scheduled hiatus, not the author herself.

Attached: 1472248483951.png (274x563, 81K)

>*two weeks out from the latest issue of literally any monthly manga that has already been discussed to death*
>"newfag redditor: "WTF WHY DON'T THEY TALK ABOUT *thing*""

But it is real cooking
An user (I forget which board) used real world equivalents to prepare the cockatrice meal from the manga

You already complained, fun police.
Also about anime being a bad thing and bad immigrants from $socialsitesotherthan4chin

Attached: marcibleh.jpg (301x312, 34K)