Shonen Jump ToC

For first time since 2017, Yonkou has leaked the Jump ToC

>That Haikyuu position

Attached: D8S8hAlUwAMgYhA.jpg (748x1200, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Zioppz/status/1136322266348904455
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Double Taisei
It's dead isn't it?

Attached: 1554571371970.png (164x200, 32K)

Is there anyone else who's reading The Last Saiyuki here?

Will Chainsaw Man be moved to Plus only, I wonder?

I am reading it

So what was Boruto's announcement. Is it moving?

>That Haikyuu position
Was it a really bad chapter or did they just forgot about it while manipulating the toc?

not (yet)

I'm pretty sure all the new ones besides S8 are dead. Maybe the rugby one can survive with the Zumou treatment.

Wait what about the current arc in haikyuu brought them so low? I thought it was atleast entertaining than nekoma was

I'm not afraid of CM's Rank, it seems it always jumps after a volume drops. Im more surprise that all Jump favourites are at the bottom half.

I wouldn't pay much attention to it. They can put Haikyuu in the top 3 one week and the next they can just put in on bottom 5. Weird shit.

How much ch till the new ones are ranked?

Why though?

Not before volume 3 release. If vol. 3 sells on the same level as vol. 2 then maybe. If worse then it's over. But it should sell better.

In a way, CSM needs to be next to Jigokuraku since they are having a collab and sharing an interview anyway.

>JJK, Jigokuraku, CSM next to each other
Based

Shoseki 1st Day Ranking
1. The Promised Neverland #14
2. Haikyu!! #38
3. World Trigger #20
4. Soma #35
5. Boruto #8
6. We Never Learn #12
8. Jigokuraku #6
9. Yuna #16
46. Higuma #2
124. David #3
162. ne0;lation #2
193. Japan #3

Can somebody explain this to me please, isn't new series already in the ToC, what does it mean "ranked"? There's another rating, separated from ToC?

>I'm not afraid of CM's Rank,
I don't think it's that low when you remove cp and all the new series. Probably around the same as usual.

If CM were to move, it makes no sense to move to Plus instead of Young Jump

>For first time since 2017, Yonkou has leaked the Jump ToC
>2017
What the fuck, it feels like he stopped last year.

>WT
Damn, still going strong. Blessed.

>Jujutsu
Damn. LIVE!

ToC shows the series "ranked" according to the reception of chapters from 8 weeks before. Since new series don't have that amount of chapters yet they aren't ranked.

It makes sense though, because CM has the same editor as Jigokuraku and SpyXFamily, one of the most popular series there.

I actually dont get this part myself. Samurai 8 always being at the top surely means it wants the manga succeed, so very likely its still gonna stay there after 7 chapters

But why're they on the list? You just supposed to ignore them like color pages?

Yes, there are the rankings based on the votes from readers, but the exact positions of these ranks are not necessarily reflected on the ToC.

They are there because ToC is literally tablet of contents. Every magazine has them, WSJ is the only who is considered a ranking of popularity.
So yeah, you don't count them till they have at least 8 chapters.

What the fuck, Higuma doing decent. Sad that the manga serialised at unfortunate times

I am, I even kind of like it but it has an inexcusable slow beginning and far too much exposition. You can't start a weekly shounen manga by dragging everything out like this and expect it to survive.

>3. World Trigger #20
Based.

Viz's MangaPlus website changed Boruto from monthly to biimonthly. Boruto gets either a chapter every 2 weeks, or a chapter every 2 months. Most likely the former.

Probably for the best. This way the story can get the sotry going more quickly.

>Viz's MangaPlus website changed Boruto from monthly to biimonthly.
That entire page was fucking broken with the wrong chapter numbers and release dates.

Yes

Nothing about Boruto has been confirmed.

During the 9th week, Samurai 8 will be ranked according to Chapter 1, and during the 10th week, chapter 2. Before the 9th week, they are placed on the TOC based off nothing. (Except for Samurai 8 since its Kishi)

>chink narutard stil haven't leaked anything
Maybe Boruto is actually being moved and he's mad?

Both Haikyuu and MHA can be put anywhere in the rankings right now and it wouldn't mean anything. They're the series most successful after OP currently and sales are doing fine even if a bit stagnant, they both get new anime seasons later this year so I expect both to be pushed again then.
It's not a sign of anything special unlike Souma who shit the bed so bad everyone dropped it.

You're saying this but putting it at the fucking bottom still raises a bunch of questions, even if it's intended.

It was at the bottom not to long ago and then placed top 3 the following issue, its only a problem if its sales were dropping every new volume and if it consistently ranked bottom 3 like Soma

Or maybe Sam8 is so shitty that he dropped it already?

It honestly is weird, even naruto in its worst arc didnt drop to the bottom. What the general consensus on the current arcs for MHA & Haikyuu,i wonder?
I know the Villain Alliance characters arent never ranked well in the popularity poll, so i assume they wouldnt like this arc. Not sure about Haikyuu tho

The bottom placement isn't consistent, it's mostly in the middle with some highs and lows occasionally. Considering sales are still good it just looks like the series is safe but with reason to push it over the newer series that has or just had animes.

>It was at the bottom not to long ago
I don't remember it being at bottom 3. It's too fucking low, there's should be something behind this placement. Maybe it's a genus idea from EiC to make the end of the magazine more exciting or something, but there's no way it's just completely random.

>I know the Villain Alliance characters arent never ranked well in the popularity poll, so i assume they wouldnt like this arc.
Are class B shitters popular? Cause that arc was even worse imo yet it "ranked" better. I know Shinso is popular (still don't get that) but i doubt that's enough.

what about the next week announcements? who gets CPs next week?

LCP + CP - Kimetsu

only O MY 7 QUIRKS got pretty high.

Kimetsu gets Cover and Lead CP.

Japs hate the League of Villains so I wouldn't be surprised if that's why the ToC for this arc was low. But on the other hand I also wouldn't be surprised if the ranking for MHA is literally meaningless because editor-san knows it prints money no matter what

Power Ranking

Attached: D7_K7cRVUAAo808.png (1091x945, 94K)

No, I think some chapters during the Momo match ranked high too. Which makes even less sense.

It being low for 1 week doesn't mean a whole lot, there were stories of one piece getting dropped to the back for a week because oda missed a deadline. It's only when it becomes a trend like with soma that it really becomes noteworthy (and even then, how long did soma sit in the cellar before it was mercy killed?)

It's rank 2nd on 7 quirks chapter.

MHA and HQ could both rank in the bottom for the rest of the year and it wouldnt mean anything, both are the most successfull series in Jump behind OP, they dont need any push like Stone and KnY

All the main cast were still in that arc though whereas theres no 1a characters in he current arc at all

>The Last Saiyuki
Axe confirmed. Maybe his future third series will get good reception.

Attached: daijirou-nonoue-16320.jpg (1200x675, 285K)

Borutochads are rising up! Apologize!

you apologize first for letting this trash heap exist

Attached: ofj2ojyysxp21.png (794x455, 34K)

>lower than Soma and WT
topkek

Souma still manages to sell somewhat, but WT's latest volume was 400k, it's no wonder.

Is MHA still going to get that prestigious tv slot before Conan?

I'm thinking this is probably the last we'll see of him.

Souma's sales took such a nosedive it sells worse than it's second volume and it has backlog sales of less than 10%. It was time to put it down.

>Act-Age is 5 but it looks low due to all the unrankeds

What chapter was it? Is school arc finally over in the ranking?

MHA and HQ don't really need big pushes obviously, still it's always weird seeing them in the middle/end.
I don't know how HQ story is going lately, but maybe the Villain arc in heroaca, which I find really interesting, isn't perfoming that well. I do miss Deku to be honest

The penultimate episode of the arc.

CSM is too good for WSJ

So they liked the arc?

>Both Jujutsu and Act-age are still ranking in sales for another week
BASED

>this kills doctor push

>but maybe the Villain arc in heroaca, which I find really interesting, isn't perfoming that well
WSJ's target demographic reads for the student stories and dislikes/doesn't care about the League. I'm just glad Hori has the balls to write outside what the main audience wants because this is my favourite arc in the series by far

Is this the real one

Juju is good but it didn't have a killer arc like Bleach's SS yet, the current one is good though.

I tried to read it like three times but I just find it so boring. Sensei and Megumi were pretty based tho

How is a chapter per 2 months for Bort a good thing? It's fucking shit, I would rather have a chapter per 3 weeks.

Well judging from the current volume sale only Dr.stone that really needs the push.

the pacing is fine but it lacks hype, it reminds me of Kekkaishi in this regard

It got the push for three years and nothing happened, they should move on.

21307 *542232 MHA
12454 *262652 Kimetsu 15
---
10162 *330488 Kimetsu 3
*9893 *323095 Kimetsu 4
*9737 *317503 Kimetsu 5
*9731 *291678 Kimetsu 11
*9698 *286547 Kimetsu 12
*9684 *269826 Kimetsu 14
*9621 *283646 Kimetsu 13
*9608 *311804 Kimetsu 6
*9465 *296326 Kimetsu 7
*9391 *350394 Kimetsu 1
*9287 *337744 Kimetsu 2
*9263 *294313 Kimetsu 8
*9205 *288994 Kimetsu 10
*9202 *288615 Kimetsu 9
---
*7975 1932181 One Piece
*7867 *160129 Jujutsu
*6892 *108125 Act-Age

Let's see how anime performs. It will be hilarious whether it's failed or not.

>*108125 Act-Age

Nooo, Yonagi will become a chad now!

I never thought the day would come where WT would be good enough to surpass fucking Souma.
Then again I never would’ve imagined Souma to shit the bed as hard as it did.

Wow, is it fourth or fifth week when Kimetsu sells 9k+ per volume? Nice backlog

ChainAxed Man

Oh no, it's 47 chromosome devil!

Question here. Shouldn't Dr stone have pre-anime boost already?

Nope, anime boost happens when shit starts airing.

They won't even fight the Gun Devil since the Axe Devil is more than a match for them already.

People like Black Clover?

Why?

Attached: 6351465.jpg (3456x3456, 2.01M)

Have you ever met a man that would walk on water for you?

Oh boy, here we go. Time for the thread to dip in quality.

It's most likely going to be twice a month.

>People like Black Clover?
there's no real evidence of that. It barely outsells JJK despite having 150 more chapters and an anime

Too bad, she's already a chad.

Attached: 2-3.jpg (1568x1145, 474K)

Wano anime looks really good

>gets throroughly BTFO

the new series are all so boring no one even bothers to shitpost about them

While it's still small numbers in the long run, I'm surprised how Kimetsu keeps performing. How is it that every week a new set of 10,000 people who weren't sold on it the previous episode suddenly go and pick up the entire series?

Give her three days and you’ll be eating your words.

Fire force is out next season, and Heroaca the next

Still a chad.

Attached: 19.jpg (784x1145, 247K)

That's why I'm rooting for the other two autists. Yonagi is too pro, she is not a fellow autist anymore.

I love Akira

Lol kek lmao thread hehe

How does this have an ongoing anime in the first place?

Why did they renew the anime when it was originally a 50 episode order? Who keeps watching this crap?

tbf, the Kimetsu anime has gotten better every single episode so it's not super surprising that people are continuing to pick it up

Man I didn’t pick up AA cause everyone said it was gonna be axed, and I still haven’t. I should get on it

Who? You mean Rick?

>samurai 8 above BC
Based

It's more like none of them are popular here, notice how Chainsaw Man is the only recent one with dedicated shitposters.

Haikyuu at last near the bottom, I hope it gets axed

Attached: image.jpg (548x800, 55K)

What does toc mean?

Liverpool just won the fucking Champions League! This is a football thread now ! Fuck the TOC!

taste of cunny

Samurai 8 is randomly placed like the rest of the newbies, first rank comes in Chapter 8.

More like, push based.

HQ is worth like 4 lesser jump titles on its own.

>she is not a fellow autist anymore.
What she did in is still pretty autistic when you think about it.

Attached: 18237_act-age-chapter-67_001.jpg (156x160, 12K)

>Boruto beating MHA
And all things in the universe are right again

Nigger what

Wait, there's still no pure rank.
01. The Promised Neverland
02. Kimetsu no Yaiba
03. Black Clover
04. We Never Learn
05. Act-Age
06. My Hero Acadaemia
07. Hinomaru Zumou
08. Jujutsu Kaisen
09. Chainsaw Man
10. Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
11. Shokugeki no Souma
12. Haikyu
13. Yui Kamio
14. The Last Sayuki

still cant beat the sales though

>700k seller and not even including digital sales
> has a new season coming up after 3 years
> fujubait

Def getting axed user

Question for the act-agefags, wanna start reading the series but I remember there being some chapters that didn't get translated when Viz picked it up. Is that still a problem?

Unrelated question, but how did Hatsukoi Limited get an anime after it ended? It was constantly at the bottom

Attached: 1536084225636.jpg (1200x1352, 464K)

it has cute girls

They were translated, the translations it's not great but still readable.

The gap between when FA dropped the series and where Viz picked up is on mangadex

Fallen Angels translated up to Ch. 41 so you’ll have to endure 6 chapters of shitty typesetting before hitting the Viz scans.

>Akira's big character moment is pretty much killed by the shitty scanlation
Poor lad can't catch a break.

I see, thanks.

>football
You lost me.

Attached: Football.png (696x612, 320K)

>Still the least popular main character with big difference.

How do we fix this loser, lads?

>4. Soma #35
At least the Erinafags are still on board

Attached: amazon.png (1906x918, 1.05M)

By not listening to this board on who's popular?

>Dropped Dragon-Maid
>Films flopping left and right
>Manga aesthetic fits studio like a glove
>Desperate need of hit series
>One of the most requested manga to receive an anime
Are you all ready for KyoAni-Age?

Attached: 6441A83A-AF81-4B9B-B2B8-96554E69DA19.jpg (750x750, 75K)

>The Last Saiyuki
Heh, meta.

I know BC is shit, but why is it ranked high? did something good happened on the story? or is it pushed now that it's dying.

user, they have Electricity Catalog and new Hibikek now, this meme is dead.

>and new Hibikek now
After two movies bombing they really should stop bothering.

>this board

Who cares. I'm talking about nips.

WHERE IS HUNTER

This is some serious damage control

Holy shit I knew it was bad but not that bad. I couldn't get through the second arc

>21307 *542232 MHA
Is this good?

It's honestly more that everything else is shit so its better by comparison. MHA and Boruto are a fucking disaster

Pretty sure the r*dd*t translation is all over the place. I read it and couldn't understand what the fuck was going on so I had to find the raw to read again..

it's pretty predictable for the anime off-season

>or is it pushed now that it's dying.
This

Why would they move it? They brought it into WSJ because the editors want it to be there.

Kys BC faggot, Soma is proof that BCs poor sales will eventually lead it to being axed

It's okay. This volume performance looked really shit at the start, but it recovered will end up being average.

MHA 22 - 580k in 4 weeks
MHA 23 - 542k in 5 weeks

Its dying

Future axe predictions?

Attached: axed.jpg (3836x2136, 2.6M)

Everything but S8. I thought nips would like the Shinobi one but I saw them calling it Ne0;lation 2.

How are sales doing for Jump itself?

Only S8 will keep going for a while due to Kishimoto. Futari Taisei will be axed first.

Pure Ranking
1 [ 131 ] Yakusoku no Neverland
2 [ 154 ] Kimetsu no Yaiba
3 [ 201 ] Black Clover
4 [ 107 ] Bokutachi wa Benkyō ga Dekinai
5 [ 61 ] Act-Age
6 [ 224 ] Boku no Hero Academia
7 [ 237 ] Hinomaru Zumō
8 [ 55 ] Jujutsu Kaisen
9 [ 18 ] Chainsaw Man
10 [ 155 ] Yuragi-sō no Yūna-san
11 [ 307 ] Shokugeki no Sōma
12 [ 345 ] Haikyū!!
13 [ 6 ] Kamio Yui wa Kami wo Yui
14 [ 7 ] Saigo no Saiyūki

Average Ranking (8 Weeks)
1 [ 1.6 ] Yakusoku no Neverland
2 [ 1.67 ] One Piece
3 [ 2 ] Kimetsu no Yaiba
4 [ 2.2 ] Dr. Stone
5 [ 4.25 ] Black Clover
6 [ 5 ] Bokutachi wa Benkyō ga Dekinai
7 [ 5.83 ] Jujutsu Kaisen
8 [ 6.2 ] Act-Age
9 [ 6.86 ] Boku no Hero Academia
10 [ 7.6 ] Haikyū!!
11 [ 8 ] Chainsaw Man
12 [ 9.17 ] Hinomaru Zumō
13 [ 10.33 ] Kamio Yui wa Kami wo Yui
14 [ 10.67 ] Yuragi-sō no Yūna-san
15 [ 11.86 ] Saigo no Saiyūki
16 [ 12.25 ] Shokugeki no Sōma

It's impossible to know because digital is probably a huge part of its sales already.

Rugby one probably stay until the world cup finish. Shogi feel like u19 to me.

Slowly decreasing but it's probably because of digital.

All eventually axed including S8

Easy bet is on Saiyuki. I liked the premise but it’s taking a while to get going.

Might as well write everyone dies eventually

It's pretty fucked, people wanted it to fill in for Naruto but it's hit nowhere near the highs. Now that Kishi is back I think his fans are going to go back to him.

>Oda : Jump does not order the manga based on popularity from the week before. It's true that popular series are in front, but the actual order is decided from week to week by the editor-in-chief.Basically, it may show the postcards do affect ranks, but it's mostly up to the editor himself.

Manga is in a good spot at the moment and it makes TV Tokyo a lot of money.

Chainsaw Man is one of the luckiest series in a while. There's just SO MUCH shit to axe every wave, they're probably don't even look at it.

the writing is just so fucking bad. Why wasn't the editor riding his ass?

Whats toc, lcp and cp mean?

If they decide to axe 3 series next round, then Chainsaw might be in big trouble right?

Boruto new movie
Borutochads win again

It's selling a bit better than previous surviving series like kimetsu or AA, which isn't half bad, really.
JUMP went out of its way to get Fujimoto to drop their digital service and all, they aren't axing it soon.

Don't forget that soma is out soon.

why the fuck would they make a new boruto movie?

cp-cheese pizza
lcp- large cheese pizza
toc- taco with olive and cheese

100% survives next round and then depending on volume 3 sales

That's one less pillow for it.

Doubt it they will cancel this with giving a collaboration this issue.

That's not how it works. Soma being deleted is a permanent pillow, because it's a free slot.

>Ne0;lation 2
That's a suitable comparison, good art but mediocre everything else. But to be fair Ne0 is probably worse.

It's also selling well.

100% safe

Kamio could have been so good if it was just delinquent badass girl misadventures. Even the romance could have worked if the love interest wasn't a self-absorbed rich prick.
I could only get through 5 chapters before getting bored/annoyed already. I want to read Act-Age one day, and Chainsaw Man has been good so far. Don't think I care too much about the other new manga.

Well Saiyuki and Kamio are obvious, and I don't think they'll axe any of this batch that soon.
That leaves CSM and ghostits fighting for the danger spot.

That's what I was calling it as well and some dumb newshits were seething flames on Yea Forums.

Print circulation is 1.7 million. I'm not sure what they mean by 2.4 million weekly users.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-23_08-46-55.png (570x537, 73K)

>That leaves CSM and ghostits fighting for the danger spot.
Bullshit. Both are safe. Everything from the new round will flop.

People are loyal to the Naruto franchise, not the author. S8 is deathly boring, which is just about the worst thing it could be. If it was a shitshow it would at least get people reading to complain about it, but interest has already dropped massively from the start. It'll have some momentum from name recognition but probably not as much as people expect.

I forgot to say, these numbers are for 2018.

WHEN WILL ZUMOU DIE.

Still too soon for them to go unless the next round is like 6 months away from now, just like how kamio and saiyuki survived this round.

This round manga isn't part of the next axe round. They will get axed in the round after that.
Though I won't be surprised to see them ultra quick U19 Taisei. This shit is so fucking retarded, who the fuck even approved it.

How many rounds are left this year anyway? Two? I can see them leaving by the last one.

>People are loyal to the Naruto franchise
Yet Boruto is performing poorly.

Four matches left.

Attached: act-age.png (987x564, 86K)

It hasnt even reached Haikyuu's peak and TPN has now passed MHA, why did people think this was the next Naruto

Harsh, but funny. I didn't think it was nearly as tryhard-bad as ne0, though I can see where it's coming from.

had enuine hopes for Saiyki but it became exposition: the manga, in the trash it goes

the fuck happened in volume 5?

Probably three, or even four if new series are too bad.

the writing is horrible and the characters are terrible. They keep throwing power ups at boruto as well to make him liked more and it's not working

>and TPN has now passed MHA,
MHA will be back above TPN once the anime restarts, most of TPN's sales this year were backlog

it started strong. The hype for the first couple arcs was insane. Then it nose dived hard, like Bleach hard

Railway arc, best boy cover.

Is the new shinobi manga good?

>Its dying
I love this meme

Attached: D8Gx7gzUIAEWxa2.jpg (1013x1421, 308K)

He's probably planning something. They delayed the volume release until October, so it won't flop until the manga will reach "something".

>Dropped Attack on Titan
>Desperate need of hit series
>One of the most requested manga to receive an anime
Are you all ready for Wit-saw man?

Attached: images.jpeg.jpg (450x681, 28K)

>and TPN has now passed MHA,
Nope
>why did people think this was the next Naruto
Because Kishi literally said it was.

CHADkira has to stand up to save the shit series.

Attached: Volume_5.jpg (760x1200, 263K)

AssClass mangaka and a somewhat popular seiyuu recommend it, I forgot who.

Yonagi starred on some nip Playboy when it released. Not even memeing.

>nope

TPN 13 made 580k in 5 weeks, its above both Haikyuu and MHA atm, both will pass it again when their S4 airs

Based Matsui.

Attached: Yonagi Koro.jpg (500x711, 53K)

I still can't believe they missed out on AoT. What a fucking blunder. I wonder what they wanted him to change?

Attached: 1558973438459.jpg (606x155, 63K)

>and a somewhat popular seiyuu recommend it
I was some random young actress. It wasn't even a promotion thing of any type, I don't know why the fuck people even thought it's something important.

>TPN 13 made 580k in 5 weeks
Nope

Wrong.

>TPN has now passed MHA
763,647 My Hero Academia 21
697,567 The Promised Neverland 12

Yonagi is not pure anymore.

Attached: F3.jpg (1080x1631, 250K)

>Dropped World Trigger
>In no need of a hit series
>One of the least requested manga to receive a Toei adaptation
Are you all ready for the return of World Toei?

Attached: World.Trigger.full.2412429.png (983x630, 302K)

Dumb it down for Jump readers

>TPN 13 made 580k in 5 weeks
529,687 The Promised Neverland 13 after three months

Fuck you. Wish it had a proper adaptation.

JAV arc soon.

Bozebeats tier. Aka not very good.

Japan already had a whole run for the series on cinemas for its revival.

TPN author said in his original manuscript the story was more violent and had a lot of characters dying and they told him to cut back on that, it was probably something similar. They're still really cowardly when it comes to killing off characters. (I think TPN could have been excellent if they hadn't edited it down to feel so safe, as it is I got bored of it a year ago)

Stop expecting anything good from this hack.

That's nice but when am I getting Katori in all her salty glory animated?

Attached: IMG_7526.png (1334x750, 1.58M)

S8 SCANS WHEN

Only thing notable about it is the weird nationalist intro, otherwise it's just a regular action series

S8 fag seems to have dropped it

I still want to see what is supposed to be THE BIG THING that will make Samurai 8 relevant. If it's shit, I can at least laugh about it.

>he doesn't know everyone dropped that garbage

You're a fucking Dumbass

MHA 23 - 542,232 - 5 weeks
HQ 37 - 535,789 - 5 weeks
TPN 13 - 529,687 - 3 months

He mentioned in an interview that they didn't think his art was good enough and desu they are right, it barely holds up on a monthly schedule, it would be chickenshit on a weekly and hindisght is 20-20 nobody saw AoT being this big

knowing jump they were probably just afraid of kids not liking it. Probably wanted Eren and his team to young and throw in a lot of fanservice and tropes

like this is the same magazine that gave a green like to pic fucking related. So glad he walked away

Attached: 1542657585436.png (239x438, 45K)

This
Also his less than average drawing skills.

On thursday you dumbasses

I don't know but why you get so butthurt anytime someone says x series surpassed or will surpass bnha?

You won't see it. S8 is bad and you shouldn't expect anything from Kishimoto. He is a hack and now people are seeing it when he doesn't have the Naruto shield.

>anime stopped before the Galo invasion
>Hyuse in T2 getup
What's the meaning of this

He's including the SE that 13 came with. 14 will be a more accurate measure of how well the boost did for volume sales.

>goes to monthly magazine
>art becomes better than every WSJ series
Kek

weekly is fucking cancer and his art is amazing, thanks for the laugh

A lot of characters dying does not make for a better story.

Don't look too hard into it. They probably just want in on some merchandise money.

Attached: DvTxwETVAAAo4OX.jpg (900x1200, 218K)

Jump's problems with the series are literally the exact same complaints everyone usually has with it:
>Eren is a drag
>Art is bad
Basically they didn't take into account most people could overlook all of that, though I feel if early AoT was in Jump its art would've been torched way worse.

>>art becomes better than every WSJ series
Not even close

I'd love to see a transcript or some interview cause we can only speculate but I would really assume it was them wanting to gut the story for children. I feel like they would have taken it back in the day when original naruto and dbz was airing but not new jump

Things don't happen in Saiyuki, people talk about things. It's pretty lame.

Not inherently, but most Jump series are so safe and sanitized they become boring as a result, especially TPN, which isn't able to maintain any meaningful tension.

Isayama specifically mentioned the art and the unusual design of the titans more so than the story itself.

>SnK
>amazing art
it's decent at best now, but the early chapters are fucking terrible art wise and the one shot looks looks like something a middle schooler would draw, put him under a weekly schedule and he would make Togashi look like Inoue

Because it's in monthly magazine. I find many Jump mangaka's work much more impressive because they could deliver decent/ok art on that thigh schedule.

I need to stay alive at least 5 more years so I can see One Piece ending and then how the WSJ dies without it.

I guess yeah it comes off more like horror than adventure that jump likes. I can see their complaint but man did that backfire

>not new jump
are you talking about the same Jump that currently has The Promised Neverland and Chainsaw man?

Kawashita Mizuki and decent manga sales. The story's format also helped.

>I need to stay alive at least 5 more years so I can see One Piece ending
user, I...

that's a good point since when has bad art stopped jump from publishing something? They could just touch it up later

That's true, if any of the characters who aren't the main trio dropped dead then I wouldn't give much of a shit. If it became a trend then there'd be a bunch of complaints about the story only killing off the literal whos instead of anyone important.
Now if they took the time to flesh more of them out first (like Yugo and Lucas) than maybe it would have more of an impact.

>One piece ending
>5 years

>I still can't believe they missed out on AoT.
Have you actually read the pilot? It was fucking terrible

to be fair I haven't seen any pilots for manga

>Now if they took the time to flesh more of them out first (like Yugo and Lucas)
I still felt like Yugo and Lucas were introduced only to die and not touch the original cast.

im talking about the boruto/mha/black clover jump yes

>makes a dumbass assertion
>gets proven wrong
>"why so butthurt?"

Same, but at least I was a little sad to see them go. I liked those two.

>"""""weekly""""" shonen jump readers
>knowing anything about art

Attached: 1451262881012.png (372x334, 217K)

But you are, are you afraid that a random show will surpass your bnha?

Not even. It is still full of wonky anatomy, perspective and inconsistent character appearances. It is a unique style and he has gotten a lot of better, but his technical skills isn’t even on par with the average WSJ artist.

Kimetsu is INEVITABLE.
Kimetsu is a CHOSEN one

The titans have pretty unusual designs, I can see why a company would think people would find them weird, funny or off-putting.

you'd think the constant hiatuses and the struggle to maintain quality would make them realize
>his technical skills isn’t even on par with the average WSJ artis
my fucking sides

who says that people here only read weekly shonen?

Did MHA finally get decent female characters?

1- The pilot wasn't good

2 - Didnt really fit the current style of Jump at the time

Jump in the 00s was terrible content wise anyways and AoT would have been eaten alive by readers since its beginning chapters were rough as shit and kids would have been borned as shit.

>imply I have any standards when it comes to art in general

Attached: Line Sticker.png (386x367, 132K)

Man, it feels like CSM is using whatever black magic Samon used to stay alive by killing off other series in its place. I still really miss Samon.

Attached: 53513035_p7.jpg (600x600, 473K)

I read MHA, the series with the best art ever in WSJ, every single week. I know more about good art than you.

it doesn't even have decent male characters

Why are you making false claims to begin with and then calling names when people call you out?

define decent, Toga has been pretty cool in this current arc

>being an art """""expert"""""
>claiming AoT has good art
Neck yourself. Isayama still can’t foreshorten an arm to look natural.

Samon devil

>foreshorten an arm to look natural
post it

They are literally on the penultimate arc of the story, after Kaido, ASSUMING, it won't involve the Marines, we will have another arc about the way to Raftel definitely involving the Marines, One Piece is not getting to 2030, and that's a fact.

Good writing and more focus overall.

Black magic is borrowed time and shouldn't be depended on for long periods of time, lest the axe come back for you in holy retribution.
So do I user.

Attached: 1517441155445.png (1280x930, 269K)

>MHA
>best art
every character looks fucking fat

SnK is monthly and still has bad art. Of course the average WSJ artist is better than him. Hiding your faulty anatomy behind a cool style doesn’t change the fact that his foundamentals aren’t good. There are worse WSJ artists than too but they also work on a tighter schedule.

>mfw some people think that Chainsaw Man won't get axed despite the fact that its selling like shit and its always at the bottom of the ToC

Attached: 1462898002030.png (644x482, 148K)

Breh, anytime someone post that kind of stuff you always will jump like a bitch. And I'm not the user who posted the tpn thing.

>iding your faulty anatomy behind a cool style doesn’t change the fact that his foundamentals aren’t good
you keep saying this but I'd love some example

Attached: 1556406176672.png (600x592, 293K)

Still not as low as saiyuki/yui kamio, there's still hope.

See
Again why are you making false claims to begin with? You're pretty much saying no one should correct you.

Attached: 36.png (905x1300, 335K)

What's this?

Unspoken rule of WSJ: you can't axe manga if axe already used in it.

Attached: 07.png (891x1300, 339K)

Toga has gotten like 1/4 of this arc so far focused on her and it's been pretty good

Attached: 07.png (921x1287, 396K)

I know you're getting bored by having to wait for Togashi to get his ass up and shit out 5 chapters a year if you're lucky. Don't embarrass yourself when Chadsaw Man is a successful next big shonen.

>Saiyuki
>Taisei
>Kamio
>Shinobi
In that order.
Rugby and S8 will probably last for more than a year.

I'm about to sacrifice Souma for my black magic ritual. That should keep it around for at least half a year.

Attached: 9d16ae4.png (250x270, 75K)

CSM is actually decently popular, would probably sell more if it weren't getting such low print runs

Please don't reply or take the axefag seriously.

I can potentially see S8 lasting more than a year because muh Kishimoto asskissing and that's not guaranteed in any way. But rugby is U19 material.

This looks like fucking doujin art, lmfao

I postponed my suicide when Samurai 8 was revealed at Jump Festa and then Kishi goes and delivers this garbage?

Rugby survives because of Olympics.

HAHAHAHA

>Lose the entire fight
>Asspull a power up and win in 5 pages
>Good
Its pretty bad

Please consider killing yourself again. Don't expect anything from hackishimoto.

There's a Rugby World Cup being held in Japan this year. I don't think they will axe the manga before it ends.

Do we really need another sports manga in Jump?

>asspull
read slower and use your brain user

You're retarded.

>Rugby was the Jimoto ga killer all along
Everything makes sense now.

Attached: 1537472490890.jpg (400x400, 22K)

If it flops miserably it's outta Jump. A sports event gives it no immunity over anything.

I'm very curious about how much S8 will sell, personally I hope it becomes another RxL but you never know.

Why Jimoto ga Japan was moved instead of being cancelled then?

It might do even worse desu. RxL had the fujos and the pretty guys. S8 has nothing.

Hinomaru is being alive FOR YEARS. What's stopping the from giving another manga an immunity for x more months?

Yes.
November the 2nd when the All Blacks defeats Wales and thier next HC Gatland.

It could probably fit one more, but spokon is dead outside of old series and we'll never see a new one take off again

>moved to an irrelevant magazine while the anime was airing
>only reason why it wasn't cancelled is because a tourism anime
>barely sells 5k a volume
What a feat.

>Shokugeki no Soma (End)
Soon.

Attached: 1528653468753.jpg (796x720, 107K)

Hinomaru is good and it had solid reader reception since the start. Sumo is Japan's national sport.

>Do we really need another sports manga in Jump?
We totally do. Hakiyuu will end someday and they still haven't found a replacement.

>is because a tourism anime
In a year before Olympics.
Rugby will be feautured both on Rugby World Cup this year and Olympics next year.

Important question. Will sns get a cover on its final chapter?

They need a good sports manga. All the new attempts sucked. Unless they get a veteran or a competent writer, they're going to stick to the popular Haikyuu and it's all they need.

No, that rarely happens.

Nah

If they want to feature a sports manga at the Olympics it's going to be Haikyuu or Slam Dunk. Stop spouting nonsense over a mediocre rugby manga that will be forgotten in 6 months.

Yea, I see your point. Hope Beast Children can live up to that.

It has the power of advertisement. Not that it guarantees a success but it sure helps.

not even Naruto or Bleach got a cover for their final chapters

It can't and it won't.

> Boruto movie
> Black Clover gets c ucked again
KEK

Haikyuu is a juggernaut, they can milk it for 100 volumes and it will still sell because of fujos, all the new sports series nowadays flop, the last hit was Haikyuu

It's fucking terrible so there's no chance of that

Advertisements often times don't do anything and they fail to work. They can advertise it as much as they want but there's no guarantee anyone is going to care about it.

>2 [ 154 ] Kimetsu no Yaiba
That was a good chapter

Attached: H18.png (959x1400, 1.29M)

b-but according to anons in this thread series only succeed based on what they arbitrarily decide to push

>they can milk it for 100 volumes
I don't think they will. I think it will end with the current team winning the cup and that's it. Senpais are out and the manga is over.

My fucking kokoro

Who said that shit is getting a movie? Post source

That's what I'd assume but they might beg Furudate to keep it going for lack of a better option

They can't push a series forever.
Except for Hinomaru Zumou.

Attached: 91GRLgMY0cL.jpg (1200x1800, 543K)

Like the last 105 previous that.

I didnt say they will, I said they could and it will still outsell every sports series because of its fanbase, sports manga dont sell nowadays, minus HQ and DnA

With the way the current match is going and with his interview from his trip from Brazil the series wont end after this arc

If Furudate wants it to end it will end. WSJ does not need to have a sports manga in the lineup. If the editors can't bring in someone competent to make a new popular sports manga, then the editorial department is to blame.

I think the Boruto thing is either a new movie (pushed out because of declining sales) or it's moving to a smaller magazine.

Ikemoto seems pretty set on keeping his schedule monthly.

RxL was a huge missed opportunity. The fujos will subscribe to anything from Fujimaki as long as it has pretty guys. He chose the wrong sport. If he made a soccer manga it would be a top seller.

kek

Imagine moving boruto to Jump SQ so it will be in a monthly magazine, that would be ludicrous.

>1 [ 131 ] Yakusoku no Neverland
>2 [ 154 ] Kimetsu no Yaiba
>3 [ 201 ] Black Clover
It feels like they're not even trying to hide the blatant shilling. These were not the best chapters of that week.

Attached: 1559058107566.gif (250x250, 282K)

>Kimetsu no Yaiba
>not the best chapters
>One of the best villain flashback
Did you even read it?

>it'll get a sequel in the same magazine like DnA and Major

>It feels like they're not even trying to hide the blatant shilling
We broke the code in that one week where top 4 or even top 5 had the exact same average rating.

They dug their own grave by making the series monthly and starting with a year-long movie recap. Not to mention they started the anime with barely any new source material.

Attached: sad asta.png (1008x574, 485K)

They'll prob bring him back after he finishes haikyuu to make another sports series, a basketball manga would be a guaranteed hit by him considering the fujos will eat anything by him

They can just throw money at Furudate to keep it going. They're not going to be able to conjure some imaginary author out of thin air. No one is succeeding with sports shit anywhere, everything is stale as fuck.

Or he'll take a long break like other rich mangaka

It wasnt. All the Upper Moon fights have bern disappointing. The 3rd had the lamest flashback.

Wasn't there a new fujobait football manga that was doing well in kodansha magazine? Jump needs a good fujo artist and a writer that isn't completely useless.

>MUH WAIFU
Kimetsu has the lamest fucking villians.

Borudo getting a movie makes no fucking sense. Here's some filler to go with your filler. Its getting moved and page reduction since the mangaka sucks and has a hard time pumping out 40 pages in 5 weeks of shit art. He literally tried to get sympathy for drawing the manga while having a cold a few chapters ago.

both can run in the same magazine as proven by the current roster

It makes sense if you want to inject hype into a dying and desperate fanbase.

Incel spotted and have sex

Yeah why would it give it a movie unless if its just for a celebration for the 20th anniversary of the Naruto franchise? Nobody cares about Boruto.

Hype would only be gained if the movie was stated as being related to manga plot. No ones getting hyped for a villain of the week filler movie. Anime does that enough.

What they should really do is let the anime lap the manga, but that'll never happen.

Days is almost as old as Haikyuu

Blue Lock? It sells like shit

Is the Shokugeki supposed major announcement in this issue or in the issue it ends?

What we need are more battle-sports series. One that'll appeal to both fujos and shounenfags.

Attached: Border Aptitude Test.jpg (1000x750, 552K)

When it ends I think.

>halfway through 2019
>every new series is shit

2019 is a filler year. 2020 better deliver.

I bet you my cousin that Tokyo Shinobi Squad will be a success

What does toc mean

I agree. Just like ne0;lation was?

tons of coin

Should have put spy senpai on jump.

They can't. It's biweekly.

I want it to be a success just so there is some evidence Japan doesn't care about Western mob opinion but even if it did succeed, it would never be allowed to actually explore the setting.

Table of contents.
Basically the order of series in the magasine.

Just like Act Age and Kimetsu, dumb americans won't get it. But nips otakus will

(TOC=table of contents) The series are listed in the order of the rankings for the chapters 7 weeks ago, CP= Color page, LCP=Leading Color Page. When a series has a color page they aren't in the rankings.

Spoon

Feed

>comparing this garbage to Kimetsu and Act Age

Samurai 8 is getting the super push and people will give like it regardless of quality because of Kishimoto
I'm gonna guess the shogi one and/or saiyuuki

01. The Promised Neverland
02. Kimetsu no Yaiba
03. Black Clover
04. We Never Learn
05. Act-Age
06. My Hero Acadaemia
07. Hinomaru Zumou
08. Jujutsu Kaisen
09. Chainsaw Man
10. Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
11. Shokugeki no Souma
12. Haikyu
13. Yui Kamio
14. The Last Sayuki

If you look at it this way, the ranking is not all that bad except for haikyuu. Add 3 more series to the bottom half and most of the old series are in the top half

Some day I hope.

Attached: Katori.jpg (2560x1536, 719K)

Not sure why Zumou is suddenly getting better rank than CM, but i think its because Abe has a knife near its throat. And Yakuza is he one holding the knife

I wonder if WSJ has ever run a biweekly series in the past. They seem to be open to the rare monthly if you're an established enough author.

>minimum shitposting
christ, this was a boring thread

Looks like the Boruto news is that it is indeed becoming bimonthly.

Attached: 1293010.jpg (627x892, 87K)

source?

is there an actually Japanese source for this or is Twitterniggers making shit up

Nothing official yet. The image looks like its from Viz, though.

The hell is this from?

>The image looks like its from Viz, though.
No.

>Looks from Viz
It has its shitty quality indeed.

This proves nothing

How does this prove anything user???

>bcfag
Your opinion doesnt matter.

>The image looks like its from Viz
Literally how?

>same editor
Best current manga series

Attached: IMG_7683.png (292x399, 74K)

Not him but if you like it because of waifubait then its your loss user.

Incel

Look all these coping posts

The series has at most three or four important female characters and one even died, how is that waifubait.

twitter.com/Zioppz/status/1136322266348904455
It's from some random shitter on twitter. Boruto bit is based on the same VIZ screenshot, he doesn't have any new info.

Boruto fags exist?

>calling people on their bullshit is coping
Not to mention, do borutofags even exist to begin with?

HQ is an overrated trash anyway.

>Waaah, why are you asking for source
>You're not supposed to think waaaah

Yes, they are here

Seething MHAfag.

>Transfer
Yeah, to SQ.

>Xchads are rising up
>Xchads win again
Yeah, it's totally not the same shitposter we have in every single ToC thread.

Why would care about this trash series? Do you read it?

Samurai 8 will stay because Kishimoto.
50/50 on whether Tokyo Shinobi Squad will last.
Everything else will be cancelled.

>Faggot pretending nobody reads what he dislikes

>50/50 on whether Tokyo Shinobi Squad will last.
why? it was nothing special

Western audience likes it because muh epic ninja like naruudoo and cool art

Thats literally it

>unironically defending/liking boruto
That's a big yikes from me chief

>Western audiences

Who the fuck cares

>waaaah just let me post fake shit

Neither was Black Clover and look what happened.

Meanwhile the nips couldn't care less about it online. Western-fags have terrible taste. I remember when everyone was hyped for Golem Hearts.

>I remember when everyone was hyped for Golem Hearts.
Oneshot was okay. Nobody knew the author had literally zero plans outside of that.

It's not a matter of liking the series, in this case I have no interest in it, but we already have enough misinformation about Jump.

>I remember when everyone was hyped for Golem Hearts.
The fuck are you talking about, no one cared about it.

Only commentary I've seen on it is from people crying about the nationalist overtones of the introduction, seen zero praise for it otherwise.

Guess we're looking at opposite sides of Twitter

People were calling that shit from the second it debuted, don't try your revisionist history bullshit

First chapter of Shinobi wasn't special, but wasn't too shabby either. The fact that it tackles adult themes while remaining geared towards the shonen demographic may add some extra appeal.
Westerners got triggered while reading it and accused the mangaka of being racist.

I recommend you check out the comments on Viz and Mangaplus (though I did see they got moderated some the other day), just a bunch of fags saying the manga is neo-nazi propaganda. These leftist Americucks are the worst, openly demanding rights for whites be stripped in their own countries while also advocating for white niggers to colonize Japan.

You need to go back to tumblr.

Why? I'm not the one who got triggered. They did.

>adult themes
TSS was anything but adult.

>it's good because it has "adult themes"
That's a cringe from me.

Act-Age

Attached: Act-Age.png (2064x502, 26K)

It talked about political corruption, drug trafficking and prostitution. I'd say those are adult themes while being predominantly shonen. I'm not one of those pretentious Hunter""""chads"""" who unironically calls HxH a "soft-seinen". I'm just saying that it noticeabley had themes that catered to a grown up audience.
I never said that, retard. I just said that the adult themes may appeal to some readers. So far I think it's just okay.

Black clover

Attached: Black clover.png (6092x500, 66K)

It wasn't me who posted it nigger

Boku no hero

Attached: Boku no hero academia.png (6154x502, 65K)

>adult themes
We only see one chapter so I'm not gonna buy that now. To be honest it feels more childish to me like a kid who try to look cool by throwing all the things that could trigger people. But things might change in the next chapter. Who knows it might turn into complete trashbor ok manga.

BokuBen

Attached: BokuBen.png (3048x502, 42K)

Chainsaw man

Attached: Chainsaw man.png (1120x502, 13K)

Agreed. It's only the first chapter so we can only wait and see what happens.

Dr. Stone

Attached: Dr. Stone.png (4100x500, 40K)

What are you talking about? The only triggering part is the set-up which is literally the same set up as any dystopian or cyberpunk piece of media. Hell, I bet you if it wasn't translated as globalization, people wouldn't have even known they should be triggered. Everything else is basically cookie-cutter Jump.

Hinomaru zumou

Attached: Hinomaru zumou.png (6092x500, 68K)

>It talked about political corruption, drug trafficking and prostitution
It was on the "edgy kid from /pol/" or "teenage girl from tumblr" level of discussion. The author wasn't touching on these themes like an adult.

It depends where the mangaka takes it. It could either be slightly dark and adult oriented without getting too edgy and still appealing to the shonen demographic, or the mangaka can go full edgelord manchild and nobody will take the manga seriously.

Jujutsu kaisen

Attached: Jujutsu kaisen.png (2106x502, 24K)

Kimetsu

Attached: Kimetsu no yaiba.png (4060x500, 53K)

I keep up with pretty much all of them, but yeah and I'm slowly enjoying it more.

Shokugeki no Axed

I'm sad.

Attached: Shokugeki no Souma.png (6433x500, 89K)

Like I said, it's only the first chapter. So far he's alluded to it and addressed it, but whether he follows through and does touch on those themes in a mature manner is something we don't know yet. We'll have to wait and see.

Didn't Shinobi squad touch the subject of globalization and immigration (gaijins are criminals)?

Neverland

Attached: Yakusoku no Neverland.png (3050x502, 39K)

It's for the best.

And Ghostits

Attached: Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san.png (4084x500, 48K)

Oof

>It talked about political corruption, drug trafficking
fucking MHA reaches that level of "adult themes"

This is why I following manga every week instead of binge read them. I love the thrill of anticipation that the next chapter might turn the whole thing into a complete trash or make it more bearable to read.

At least it finally ends instead of tormenting everyone even more

The series literally flatlined at BLUE. Fitting.

Attached: 1551825663098.jpg (762x690, 477K)

Yes, but only to explain why Japan became a dystopian shithole. Meanwhile, every single character was a globalist shill from a foreign country (heroes and villains) and the story was about saving a dark immigrant boy. People just wanted to be offended.

>It talked about political corruption, drug trafficking and prostitution.
>adult themes
What important isn't what topic the manga talked about but how the author handles those topics.

That alone doesn't make the serie more "mature". You can have a poorly written manga talking about the same thing but no one would take it seriously anyway because it's a trash serie.

They might have stolen some graphics from Viz for it, but it has Ghostits on there so it's definitely not something created by Viz.

I mean, why would Viz even track TOC like that?

It did. It said that too much globalization and too little regulation of immigration leads to increased crime. NOT that immigrants are criminals.

I agree, which is why we have to wait and see how it goes in the next few chapters.

All the setup is going to have been window dressing for a totally ordinary battle manga, the political shitposting will disappear, and the series will be forgotten

Yes that's possible and perhaps even likely to happen. For now let's just wait and see.

I have bad feeling that this might turn into generic battle shonen but I might be wrong.

To me it's already that.

Hence why I said it's a 50/50 chance of being good or being shit.

To me it's 70:30 (shit: good)

yonkou who? that twitter nigger?

Yes, I'm really loving it too. Its a shame that it'll be axed after this arc, but I understand why. I just hope the author returns in some years because he has really nice art and character designs, and he has the right idea with his writing style. He just needs to work on pacing a bit.

My Hero Axedcademia

Shit taste in threads detected.

Attached: feels good.png (214x248, 27K)

Do you even read the manga? How have the last few chapters been waifubait

search “tokyo shinobi squad” on twitter

>BC 3rd
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH.jpg (1200x675, 186K)

>HZ not last
UUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: onimidget.jpg (1200x875, 481K)