>Rimuru
>Diablo
>Tanya
>Saitama
>Tatsuya
>Alucard
>Gilgamesh
>Kirito
Why do people enjoy these MCs which can breeze through every single fight with zero tension? It's fucking boring.

Attached: edgy tryhard.jpg (442x604, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dungeons_&_Dragons_rulebooks
desuarchive.org/_/search/boards/a.desu.meta/text/easygoing setting/
lmgtfy.com/?q=us marine weapon
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I like Alucard because fucking unholy amounts of blood. "will he win?' isn't the point, it's 'how gory will this be?'

Attached: a.gif (500x280, 1009K)

>with zero tension
I don't, who takes off their Resurrection ring to go fight someone designed to counter you only to rely on a plan that if you fail a single step, you'd have no choice but to run away. - Ainz

>Saitama
His series is literally about addressing this question. That's the entire point.

for saitama and ainz, while they do bullshit their way through every fight, they struggle on the other aspect of their story. Saitama is trying to be a popular hero, but keep getting shit on because he has a terrible personality, while Ainz is struggling to get his folk in line and manage is land

This. This line of thought was also what kept me watching First of the North Star.

>Gilgamesh
>Literally jobbed to highschooler and fucking girl
Also he's not MC.

Ainz had one serious fight.
Saitama's entire point is not having a serious fight, the tension is never about the main character's battles but everyone else's. The catharsis comes when Saitama enters the scene, since we know he's invulnerable.
Gilgamesh has lost more battles than he's ever won.

Can't answer the rest. I don't even know what a Tatsuya is.

Attached: 1531097719638.png (1011x874, 465K)

>Gilgamesh
>breeze through every single fight

Attached: Gil BTFO by based Liz.gif (280x158, 886K)

Don't you ever get bored of
>"hes super powerful but that's like, THE POINT"
and yearn for something where there is genuine tension and danger?

Overlord is a fucking garbage, you only enjoy this piece of shit because you lack a proper brain function. That function, critical thinking and analysis.

With that you can see how bland and uninspired this self insert fiction is. Written like a 12 year old's first DnD fan fiction. Which was somehow picked up by the Jap publishers because teen nips have such shit tastes in almost everything, pointed by the fact that there's a fucking new Isekai LN every month.

The protagonist is OP, but not in a good way. The first 3 episodes is enough to give someone with a brain a minor aneurism by knowing this shit got 3 fucking seasons.

Attached: 1559508819665.png (371x339, 144K)

>Gilgamesh has lost more battles than he's ever won
>that part in HF2 when Sakura eats him in about 10 seconds
Good shit.

We never get bored of it because we realized a long time ago that external tension is just one type.

No.

Attached: dagv4ak-b8abce18-c1bf-4f36-878d-9d799d50efc4.gif (100x150, 22K)

Because the journey matters.
Nearly all story end with the protagonist winning, but that's now what you read it for right.

No, because that's like 95% of shows. the few examples of characters that are invulnerable scratch a different itch. "how creative will they be with this kill?"
It's like reading Wolverine. He can't die, an you know he can't, so the drama comes from how the writers will fuck him up before he regenerates and kills the idiot that picked a fight with him.

Why do people enjoy isekaishit ?

>Written like a 12 year old's first DnD fan fiction
That's why I like it though
t. guy who has been playing D&D since middle school

Rimuru is cute and kind. It's okay when the MC i a goodboi.

That's a lot of buzzwords for a brainlet ESL.

Attached: 1411363162974.png (752x585, 482K)

Attached: funny.jpg (960x600, 47K)

The tension and danger is for everyone except Saitama ya git.
>b-but Saitama will surely swoop in and save the day
Eventually, sure. Just like 99.99% of all series, eventually the threat is overcome. The tension rises until that happens.
It just happens to be that in OPM, the cathartic event that ends the tension, rather than overcoming the monster/threat/whathaveyou, is Saitama even arriving on scene. Dude's often not where he needs to be.

You never get bored of complaining so you have no ground to stand on.

Imagine being so stupid you can’t even understand One Punch Man

It's funny cause Tanya gets fucked over somehow no matter what she does, even if she wins most of the battles.

These shows are just honest about it, virtually all anime with "death" as the source for tension are never actually going to kill the mc so only someone who has never watched anything could get any tension that way.

>I do't understand why people like something I don't
Fucking imagine that, its almost like you DON'T know everything!

Attached: 1465981624940.jpg (640x480, 47K)

>give someone with a brain a minor aneurism
>aneurism
Pottery. You have both autism and acute retardation. I'm sorry, there's no cure.

Attached: 1474937731757.jpg (500x458, 28K)

>tfw someone used your art on OP
I feel warm inside

Attached: 1559255093745.webm (800x450, 449K)

>Ainz
Nobody reads/watches overlord for the fights.
It's pure nostalgia for MMO players. If you were not in a guid/had no friends and played MMO's you would not get it.

I can't explain the others.

You know the main character in every anime is going to win every fight anyway, so why even bother with contrived "tension"? The interesting stuff is what happens before/after the fight. Having an OP MC allows the focus to be on things other than the fight between the MC and the bad guy. One punch man S1 definitely takes advantage of this (I haven't watched S2), and Overlord does too, to an extent. I agree that it's shit if you write a story with an OP MC, but act as if they could ever lose (magic highschool).

The difference between Saitama and Ainz, Diablo, Tatsuya, Kirito is we want to see whether Saitama will get the recognition he deserved or not, and usually it didn't. The rest like Ainz, Kirito, Diablo and Tatsuya is simply just making female characters in their respective series became sex doll for the MC.

Imagine watching a comedy for tension

You forgot Goku

>Kirito
Dude just became a double cripple

He is the tension relief.

Attached: 1546515867503.png (1720x1236, 2.03M)

Yeah, Overlord is pretty much what the evil-characters-only campaign my college buddies and I played would have turned into if we had gotten up past level 20, we were looking for a base when got TPKed, by a white dragon IIRC
I played a cleric of some torture god with a bunch of feats from the Book of Vile Darkness, the party necromancer's whole goal was to become a lich, we had a barbarian that drank blood and worshiped demons, and we spent the whole campaign laughing our asses off trying to outdo each other in edginess
Overlord is bad for all the reasons that guy said but it just hits me right in the nostalgia

Don't you ever get bored of
>I CANT DEFEAT THIS OPPONENT WITHOUT THE POWER OF MY FRIENDS AND A BIG SELF REALIZATION
and yearn for something where there is no asspull or nakama powerups

The thing I like that's different from both of them is when there are well-defined rules for fighting in a series and the winner actually outmaneuvers and defeats the loser within the context of those rules
But that's much more difficult to write than 'you were a fool to challenge me, I'm level 999' or 'I win because I suddenly resolved my daddy issues subplot with a lengthy flashback sequence in the middle of the fight and it made me believe in the power of friendship and become invulnerable'

Because literally everyone knows the MC wins in the end anyway, else the series would end because he's dead. Better to get it over with quick instead of doing the obligatory "Will he? Won't he?" wank for chapters on end, then focus the time saved on something like world or character building, or moving the plot forward.

I was pleasantly surprised in finding that Yea Forums also likes Hellsing. I would have thought Yea Forums'd hate it because of muh edgyness

>If you were not in a guid/had no friends and played MMO's you would not get it.
I've only played WoW for like 5 minutes, and I still love the shit out of Overlord.

t. human paladin named John Arthur

>Zero Tension

>Ainz vs Shalltear;
vs subordinates expectations

>Diablo vs Mayor; vs Hydra;
vs social interactions

>Tanya vs Suix in Nordern; vs Mary; vs attrition; vs tribunal;
vs Sonzai X

>Saitama Yea Forumss King;
vs no fans

>Tatsuya
well I've got nothing onii-sama is truly impeccable

>Alucard
Gave up too much for power, like Saitama.

>Gilgamesh and his big mouthvs Shiro

>Kirito vs constant coma anal rape IRL by support personnel

Attached: 1529631083293.jpg (450x691, 43K)

So you're underage and want a cookie for your superior pragmatic logic?
It's entertainment twat.
It's not there to validate your validation crawings and teenage maximalism.

Attached: 1536791209491.png (1612x186, 72K)

>But that's much more difficult to write
Because that's fucking silly if rules are already explicitly defined and audience was told exact powerlevel of the characters - where is the fucking tension there if you can clearly see the winner before the fight ever began?

Or do you want powerups or friendship power turning the tables in the middle of it?

Fucking shounenfags it's never enough for them.

Attached: 1547988928517.jpg (720x972, 136K)

>critical thinking and analysis
with a wicked sense of humor.

There's danger of subordinates seeing him for what he is: an incompetent hack of a leader.
I can relate to that tension.

There's also plenty of threats in the novels, read them faggot and not just up to lizardmen arc.

Attached: 1533878375582.jpg (363x242, 39K)

Its more about how the characters are used in their respective stories and if you have to ask this you really have no business knowing since you clearly haven't seen a single of these series.

Attached: 1542944276815.jpg (480x540, 18K)

>Tanya
You didn't see the movie did you?

>anime movies
What's that?
Never heard of them.

Where the fuck is the blu ray rip of that?

I dunno, I went to see it in theaters.

This is the correct answer. It simply means we can enjoy our Narutos and One Pieces and then watch a different type of story that isn't about the MC struggling to defeat progressively stronger foes leveling up.

Also, fuck it, I do watch them for the curiosity of seeing them get a serious fight. All of them, including Saitama, I'm always wondering if they'll meet their match and whenever someone ever so slightly trades blows with those OP characters I get hyped
>OOHH THEY COULD KINDA TAG ALONG, THIS IS GOOD
Yup that's me.

That one crimson blood guy from a different school who uses guns in the big tourney and accidentally opened more portals than allowed, I think it felt like a real fight against Tatsuya. He kinda killed Onii-san and I got hyped as all hell when Tats got back up and nearly killed him by snapping his fingers. It definitely scratched that itch for me to see him try.

Well that's because Tatsuya wasn't serious.

Attached: 1550339829523.jpg (502x512, 35K)

>Ainz just had a close fight last month
>shounengafs are still whining
>muh challenge
>hurr durr tension

Attached: 1556003230323.jpg (1500x844, 717K)

I'm not a child striving for fake tension

This is unironically true.

Overlord is SoL about a deadbeat uncle who is taking care of his friend's children.
With just a touch of genocide to spice things up.
Somebody added the link to my booru in the Overlord wiki. Nice.

Don't you need to read the fight from the point of view of underpowered/weaker enemy if you want to have tension?

>mfw Overlrod is full of tension

Attached: 1538284703442.jpg (1676x943, 607K)

This.

Attached: 1554709575278.png (1000x2327, 1.39M)

>preferring powerlevel garbage
>no you are the child
???

What? Are you retarded? Just because all the rules are explicitly defined doesn't mean you can properly predict who will win in a fight

>Gilgamesh
>MC
Based Retardop

Are YOU retarded?
No asspulls means combatants powerlevels and rules of setting are fully known to audience before the fight, making any fight 100% predictable.

user you can have twists and surprises without having asspulls.
a creative solution is way different from making shit up out of nowhere for the sake of a certain result. both are surprises, but one is bad writing

oh and the whole point is that 'powerlevels' are idiotic and make for a bad context to place fights in. hence why asspulls are not needed or good

Twist and surprises without asspulls are contemporary action movies, tv shows and literature you bloody retard..
You want something like /tg/ campaign transcriptions to happen where you can learn entire fucking rulebook before actually reading the story?

Holy shit you are autistic.

Attached: 1530813350533.png (1185x2294, 477K)

How do they rank on the Gazef meter?

>mfw someone remembers

Attached: 1554477350607.jpg (1865x1049, 1.26M)

you are acting like asspulls are the only way to write a story and rambling about random shit, so i'm inclined to believe i got baited
bye

>you are acting like asspulls are the only way to write a story
Tell me how to write fantasy story without asspulls retard.

Literally when?

Consider that many of these series have a source material and focus strongly on lore/world-building/politics or something else that's not visually flashy, and therefore isn't really much of an action series, since battles might be shown in the source material in a manner that resembles a turn-based RPG, or RTS, or even full-on turn-based Strategy.

Attached: RimuruWineGlass.jpg (640x360, 98K)

Love how you wrote "edgy tryhard" while being a bottom of the barrel shounenfag with dogshit taste.

There's just too many level up animes where the character keeps meeting stronger enemies and getting stronger
Ex: bleach, Dragon ball

You know how people like the sight of underdogs?
Now imagine the opposite.
Some people has cravings of overpowering their problems and seeing how they can just take whatever shit is thrown at them. It's the same why some people like grinding shit to overpower a boss. And its the same why people dont grind and keep their levels to a minimum to strategically fight a boss.

but the fact that you even made this post is fucking retarded in the first place and shows that you're a baiting piece of shit since most of the tension for the MC's are elsewhere and not in the fight itself

i love him so much

Attached: i.gif (714x728, 2.64M)

Finale of season one? Did you watch the show?

when did Yea Forums start hating overlord?

Waifu of Ainz Ooal Gown

we were discussing fights, not stories.
at any rate, have you not read any popular shonen? opm, bnha, one piece? the fights work without asspulls, im not saying these series are devoid of asspulls but they sure as fuck don't hinge on them

Alucard is fun because he knows he's unkillable, he knows his opponent will never win, but he still likes to let them get the first shot off and let them think he's dead, before massacring them. He's just such a gigantic asshole about it that he can't help but be fun

>fights
Fantasy fights.
This is important addition because fantasy has magic and individuals with power scaling like nothing IRL.
In contemporary literature all you can asspull is probably some advanced technology, new characters interfering, sudden betrayals etc.

In fantasy fight characters have wide repertoire of skills, powers, martial arts available to them.

The requirement for "FANTASY FIGHT WITHOUT ASSPULLS" would then be a complete rulebook of the setting and full character sheets for all combatants, known to the audience before the fight.

With every factor known to the audience - the result would be then 99.9% predictable based on rules of the setting and character powerlevels and 0.1% luck, which I bet you would bitch about too because that's unpredictable and outside of your autistic desire to control and logic-box powerpoint everything before it happens.

Do you get the point or do I have to repeat it for ten more times?

If I wanted tense fight scenes I'd be watching battle shonens, not power fantasies.

It's always hated outside of its circlejerk.

that's what i thought this convo was all about
the problem here is that what you think is an asspull is not for me
why would coming up with a unique solution to a fight be an asspull? if the character found a way to outsmart the enemy, even in a weird way, as long as it makes sense with the logic of the setting it's not an asspull. an asspull is by definition something that has no precedent or logic internal to the setting for the sake of winning a fight or resolving a plot. again i'm not going to pretend the series i mentioned are perfectly written with no asspulls but neither they have an asspull every fight nor do they have explicit powerlevels aside from vague classifications (as in no LITERAL numbers indicating fighting prowess which automatically decide the outcome 99% of the time like in Dragon Ball)
>which I bet you would bitch about too because that's unpredictable and outside of your autistic desire to control and logic-box powerpoint everything before it happens.
you keep saying this and i have no idea what you're talking about. my whole point was that surprising the reader is possible and very welcome when the events are still consistent and make sense.
>Do you get the point or do I have to repeat it for ten more times?
maybe you chill my guy, we're just debating over chinese cartoons, and basically only semantics anyway

Attached: one think man.png (346x230, 40K)

When it became popular.

>if the character found a way to outsmart the enemy
I take it you're intelligent and with a wicked sense of humor?

Man, you're just wrong. Like, pretty much everybody knows the rules of football, boxing, poker, chess, any televised competitive sport or game you want to name, the outcome of matches is not easily predictable in advance, there are no objective powerlevels or asspulls and nobody wins with the power of friendship or self-realization, and yet the matches are entertaining and dramatic to watch. You can create a fantasy combat system that works as a spectator sport in the same way as those sorts of competitions.
The stuff people were complaining about like overpowered MCs or comparing powerlevels or winning with the power of friendship is unsatisfying because it just doesn't work as a spectator sport like that.

This is the only one I've enjoyed who pulls it off so clean, He perfected that type of MC.

Attached: 1532631840030.jpg (1920x1080, 150K)

>as long as it makes sense with the logic of the setting
You have to know a) all setting rules b) precisely what combatants are capable of.
Without that NOTHING IN FANTASY BATTLE WOULD MAKE SENSE, because it's fucking fantasy: toes might explode on impact there and you'll never know unless you've read rulebook and character sheets.

Again: what you're describing is a bloody DnD campaign transcription and even then, DM often has some npc sheets in reserve to pull out, that Player aren't aware of during the session.

>vague classifications
They do adequately represent powerlevels of characters, barring outliers like Saitama and Tatsumaki who are obviously over 9000.

>we're just debating over chinese cartoons
As good reason as any.

TL:DR: You need to know EVERYTHING about settings and characters before the fight for there not to be any asspulls.

Attached: 1545554652538.jpg (1676x943, 616K)

"Edgyness" is not a problem when it's done right.

> football, boxing, poker, chess, any televised competitive sport or game you want to name
> because fantasy has magic and individuals with power scaling like nothing IRL.
IRL a guy cannot suddenly teleport just because he has bloodline magic.

>You can create a fantasy combat system that works as a spectator sport in the same way as those sorts of competitions.
And you will have to fucking explain it in detail to every reader in Prologue or ship a fucking rulebook with every volume of your novel/manga/anime and have them study it BEFORE reading.
This is how foodball poker etc work IRL: everyone spectating know the rules and there are no supermen in it yet.
>The stuff people were complaining about like overpowered MCs or comparing powerlevels
Those people are fucking retarded because this is what magic and ability to cultivate yourself into a martial God bring to the table and there's nothing you can do about it but bore down fantasy down to dumb IRL shit.

Attached: 1539913499191.jpg (1194x896, 361K)

>Ainz
He can't though. Loses to pretty much any of his guardians without prep time, not that they'd betray him. It took nearly everything he had to beat Shalltear, and even then it was a risky gamble. The point of Overlord was (don't read it anymore, no idea what it presently -is-) to mimic D&D with an epic campaign in a new, unexplored worldspace. The author seemed to get caught up in too many of his world's details to ever actually advance the plot meaningfully.

>Saitama
Doesn't really count; OPM is and isn't about him. The overall theme (outside of the fights, which seem to saturate the series now) is exploring purpose and meaning, trying to derive those from life when you are actually able to do what you wanted to do so well that there's no longer any point in doing it.

>Alucard
You watch Hellsing for the bloodbath. That's it.

Shalltear was his hard-counter.
He beats every other Guardian retard.

He loses almost every important fight

He was too smug to win.

Attached: 1558118655838.jpg (792x405, 116K)

Just watch re zero if you want a weak protagonist

Why is alucard made of centipedos?
What has that bug got to do with vampires?

meanwhile Kumoko steamrolls everything while thinking she is gonna die every time she takes a step

Attached: lame.png (819x461, 335K)

What a cute spider, I hope to her animated someday.

Since author started to.

Attached: 1546588562908.jpg (700x460, 122K)

>you'll have to spend a lot of time explaining your system in detail early in the series
Yes, that's fine, good series do this all the time and they manage to do it in an entertaining way
>magic means your characters' conflicts have to be resolved in ways that are uninteresting to watch and there's nothing you can do about it
There really is, though, there are plenty of well-written fights between superpowered characters out there in fiction that don't boil down to just comparing powerlevels or dumb IRL shit

>genuine

Attached: file.png (1319x742, 342K)

>Yes, that's fine
Autism.

Not that guy, but I do would like to see more good /tg/ transcripts style stories.

Mee too but none so far.

Attached: 1550475966065.jpg (1920x1425, 1.75M)

The anime is coming out soon
They used the LNs designs though

Explaining how your magic system works in a fantasy story is pretty much the bare minimum of worldbuilding, what do you even watch if that's too autistic for you?
The funny part is that actual autists don't get focused on that sort of thing because they'd rather memorize every DBZ character's power level, it's the stuff you're defending that's the most autistic bullshit out there

>explaining every spell perk martial art blessing talent out there is a given
Autism.

She had to flee from the Queen Taratect and Ariel literally obliterated her.
Winning fights by the skin of her teeth isn't really "steamrolling" to begin with.

Attached: 1520642957654.png (325x261, 108K)

>Queen Taratect
>Ariel
Where are they now?

Queen Taratect was killed after weeks? months? years? of constant mental assault.
And Ariel got braincancer and is now a buddy of kumo.

wat

>You have to know a) all setting rules b) precisely what combatants are capable of.
...why??? i don't understand this, why does unpredictable outcome equal asspull.
something like jotaro suddenly obtaining time powers on the level of 5 seconds of stopped time when he didn't practice it is an asspull. joseph walking on steel spikes or pulling tricks with hamon isn't because you know hamon can do that type of shit, and you knew he was training beforehand so you can expect him to get powerups, but you wouldn't necessarly see it coming.
>They do adequately represent powerlevels of characters, barring outliers
yeah bounties always equal powerlevel :^) except when they don't
remember when the wax guy, some small time shitty pirate held off Magellan, someone a thousand times stronger than him? was that an asspull too even though it's the simplest most logical solution to a problem they could come up with while also being consistent with the powers of the characters?

actual autism

Well, I guess we've made it to that part of every Internet argument where the loser has to start just making up dumb shit and pretending their opponent said it because they can't admit they were wrong
That's enough Yea Forums for me for today

>why does unpredictable outcome equal asspull.
Might & Magic you fucking retard. You learn what's common sense IRL over the years do you really want author to cram it into your silly dumb brain in a span of Prologue just so you could
>OH HE USED THAT X POWER THAT I ALREADY LEARNED ABOUT FROM PROLOGUE SO IT'S NOT AN ASSPULL

Have sex and read contemporary fiction.
Fantasy is not for you.
Too UNPREDICTABLE.

Attached: 1535135357356.png (687x663, 345K)

Well, you see, Overlord is actually one of the best comedies out there - the battle tension is irrelevant, its all about how incompetent Ainz can be while trying to put out fires in his political sphere.

We got to it much earlier when dumb twat refused to admit he's underage and here for validation cookies.

I dont know about all of the specific cases, but Saitama is quite literally, not a battle character and all the (important) battle stories are between people who arent him. Diablo routinely struggled in combat after the first bit, since he stopped fighting absolute jobbers.

Ainz is just shit and so is any part of Overlord hes in. I like the show despite him, if he was removed or was literally just a generic lich villain in the background with no scenes focused on him it would be better. I totally dig the concept behind Ainz, but the execution is just absolutely terrible, like they totally removed the "hes a human pretending to be a lich" part of the story by just having some magical spell remove all his morals and emotions, whilst he never even once questions or fights back against the spell or tries to get rid of it, they just say "oh its probably cuz of my body" and never investigate further so the author can just use it as an excuse for Ainz to be a sociopath without making the audience blame him or address how there was no character development to turn him into a sociopath, he just glows sometimes.

>-500 Karma lich needing excuse to act like a sociopath

Attached: 1536886184008.jpg (1652x929, 794K)

No there isnt, its made extremely clear all his servants are genuinely in love with him (as they are all of their gods) and would accept him immediately. Part of the point is he's the only one who thinks he needs to maintain the charade, everyone would be okay (but very confused) because they are literally programmed to love and serve their creators no matter what. The whole joke is that he works himself up over literally nothing and could have been truthful from the start.

He doesn't know that though or fail to realize due to typical nip dense MC syndrome.

Yeah but that wasnt because of fucking character development they just autistically had him glow a few times, which for some reason he does NOTHING to stop. It removes there being any point to him being a "human" that became this, they could have just had him be an insecure and paranoid lich that believes his subordinates want to overthrow him. Instead hes literally just a generic lich, really is as powerful and evil as he looks so there's no drama or humor there because it isnt a case of the emperoror has no clothes, its a story about a fully clothed emperor who nobody ever thinks is anything but fully clothed.

Literally just cut his internal monologue from the books or anime, go through the scenes skipping his internal monologue and you will see what i mean. He doesn't actually have a personality.

Did anybody remember to call CPS on Mary?

Yes, but it doesnt take advantage of this. Its part of the early humour, but its a joke that drags on and on and on. Its one joke being told over and over, that he thinks he has to pretend but he doesn't. Only not only does it stop getting funny, it stops even being a joke when he just starts genuinely doing those things and not doing it as part of some trick. No character development leads to this change of course, he just randomly decides to start actually being a lich instead of pretending, with no reason given as to why.

>like they totally removed the "hes a human pretending to be a lich" part of the story
only for tertiaries, the books frequently feature his human thoughts.
> by just having some magical spell remove all his morals and emotions
There is no such thing
> just use it as an excuse for Ainz to be a sociopath without making the audience blame him
You must be a special kind of retarded to believe that Ainz is somehow portrayed as not to blame for his decisions.
>there was no character development to turn him into a sociopath
There can't be a development towards something that is not the case.
>he just glows sometimes.
The glowing literally just counteracts strong emotions nothing else, the emotions aren't even removed they are just weakened.
Take Ainz laughing his ass off at the bickering between sebas and demiurge, he got his emotions weakened but he was still happy and amused, he just wasn't laughing out loud anymore.
tldr another user talks about shit he has no plan about

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Attached: Laughs+in+lowbudget+cashgrabs.jpg (925x554, 152K)

Salaryman experience comes in handy multiple times and nips are robots even now imagine 2138AD shadowrun.

>he just randomly decides to start actually being a lich instead of pretending, with no reason given as to why.
Yeah you're retarded or secondary.
Read the LNs. There's several reasons Ainz graduated into full-scale BBEG and you're truly a Narberal for not realizing them, if familiar with canon.

>cut his characterization
>he suddenly has no personality anymore
no shit

It looks horrifying alright.

No they dont remove the inner monologue and thoughts, its just that those thoughts never influence his actions or decisions in any way. I know they are written there, but its like the author writes the story, then later goes back and adds them totally unrelated to whats actually going on.

Yes, there is a spell that removes his deep emotions and evil, you even literally talk about it. How can you deny it, then talk about it straight after? It doesnt only apply to shit like laughing, any strong emotion and most of the times he cares about life it triggers.

Its not like she had to strategize, train and suffer several losses from them to win at the end

Attached: smugspider.jpg (225x225, 12K)

Nah, that was in response to me and I just thought it was too stupid and crazy to bother replying to
You decided a 36-year-old man had to be underage based on two sentences you obviously misunderstood and responded to with something irrelevant, I was just going to ignore it because I was embarrassed for you but you're still bent out of shape about it

In Shadowrun they would never develop robots in that manner, because they can't. Artificial intelligence doesnt work that way in shadowrun and drones arent really the same as deathbots.

I know what you mean in general, just the shadowrun comparison doesnt quite work because of how weird and specific shadowrun tech is.

>36-year-old man
Post proofs or gtfo.

I didnt cut it, the author did. They could literally replace his internal monologue with lines from shakespeare and it would make the same amount of sense.

there is a difference between weakening emotions and removing them.
>its just that those thoughts never influence his actions
What are you talking about his whole paranoia informs a shit ton of his actions.
Just because sasuga ainz sama happens and he fails understand demiurge doesn't mean his thoughts never influence his actions.
>any strong emotion
The laugh was an example you dunce, his amusement was not removed, the same goes with every other occurrence of the gree glow.
>and most of the times he cares about life it triggers.
can you post me an occurrence like that?
I honestly can't remember a time where he cared about life and it got suppressed into him not caring anymore.

Being a lich removed them, having undead passive culls whatever left.

>go through the scenes skipping his internal monologue and you will see what i mean
Yes we will see that you are an idiot

It's already been nearly a year and we've had no news since, so I hope they worked really hard in the interim and it will all look better than the PV.
Do anime usually take more than a year after their announcement/initial PV to air?

Attached: 1476504068337.png (190x145, 38K)

Since season 2&3

Attached: 1538845488729.webm (1920x1080, 2.93M)

Attached: 1535067873216.jpg (1920x1080, 341K)

>hope they worked really hard in the interim and it will all look better than the PV.
I've completly lost hope in anime makers and director of Spider has only couple shitty girly idol anime behind his back.
I dont expect it will be any better. If anything, i think it will be even worse than PV.
It will be for the best if anime never comes out.

Attached: 1559063639461.png (446x426, 134K)

READ THE FUCKING LN, god i hate fucking secondaries, if you were keep sucking dicks and stop talking about shit you don't know it would be fine, but otherwise if you want to have an opinion YOU NEED TO READ THE FUCKING LN.

So easily spotted

The glowing is just his emotion suppression. From the second he got transported, his mind was permanently altered.

Attached: 1549283220124.png (943x688, 424K)

He can shapeshift, he just happens to like dogos and centipedes, also bats.

easily spotted

Attached: read.jpg (600x686, 93K)

Here is producer portfolio
Looks very cash'n'grab to me
I at least hope its not OPM2 level

Attached: Jōtarō Ishigami.png (587x348, 31K)

No retard, that's why we watch it, different people enjoy different things. I don't care you enjoy your fucking fujoshit sol harem anime of the season, just be you.

Who the fuck judges the producer when it comes to animation quality? They are literally just the money guy. We'd need a studio.

It can be interesting if done correctly. After all, you know that the protagonist will almost certainly win at the end regardless of how powerful he is.

Attached: Mercurius_all_according_to_keikaku.jpg (900x817, 138K)

Same reason capetards enjoy Superman. The fights might be a guaranteed win, but they're flashy and fun, and the character can be interesting outside of, or because of, how powerful they are. Superman is best when he has to deal with things his ridiculous power can't solve. Same with everyone else on your list. Even trash like Diablo is more interesting because he has to feign being "evil" and confident despite being a loser on the inside.

Even that justification can get old though. Rimuru is boring as fuck because he always knows what to do, and everything, even things his powerset doesn't cover, works out for him. Ainz at least has to pretend to be a genius while letting his minions do the actual thinking. Rimuru is just randomly super competent for no in universe reason.

I mean, Konosuba was made by DEEN and it came out pretty flawlessly. I just hope Kumokos adaptation won't be as soulless as other modern isekai like Slime, Shield, and Goblin Slayer.

>Who the fuck judges the producer when it comes to animation quality?
I do. Producer is PRODUCING anime. If he decides fuck it and spends shit all on anime budget and puts the rest in his pocket - it will be shit anime. If he does not know how to disturbe budget it will be shit anime.
Take Berserk 2016/17 for example. I know its a little extreme, but Producer for Berserk also had little to no experience with shonen anime. The problems were not only in CGI but in directing, sound (except music), pacing, angle - everything that could've gone wrong went wrong.
Also, studio is Kadakawa who LOVES cut corners with shitty CGI, take overlord for example. Even Tanya has some god awfull cgi but at least it well hidden.

Attached: 1496126462047.webm (1280x720, 1.97M)

>Diablo
Yes that boobjob was very hard on the man.

>hidden

Attached: 1543254244088.jpg (1920x1080, 274K)

I think us skeletons are really underrepresented in modern media and you saying those people are the only one that enjoy overlord are part of the problem you fucking flesh bigot.

Saitama is a means for the conflict to come to an end. It's like the curtains close after the drama scene happens in the theater.

>last month
Hang on, did the novels actually update recently? I thought we were on indefinite hiatus.

Muh man!

Attached: 1553873849118.jpg (1153x649, 462K)

Well, relatively

Which is something he has the power to alter. The glowing light is never shown supressing his ability to think about getting rid of the glowing light. It would at least make sense if he thought about getting rid of it, then that got negated. But no, he just accepts it blindly.

He can turn down all passives.
At one point he says how helpful that passive is to keep calm in battle or how he would've freaked out in combat when taking damage and feeling pain without it, so he doesn't.

Without it, he'd be a gibbering wreck. While it can be a curse at times, it's his greatest boon when it comes to acting like a ruler.

Based on how many times it interrupts him when he's having a nice moment, I'd wager he CAN'T turn it off.

>ainz
Good world building, shitty MC, even shittier plot, it had potential if it either went serious and Ainz actually became an overlord or if it went for the humor and made joke of Ainz not being able to fill his role, as it is no, it went for edgy gorefest.
>Tanya
The whole point is that he has to pray to "god" if she wants that power, not to mention she gets shit on multiple times
>Saitaman
It's meme.
>Tatsuya
The anime doesn't really convey it in a good way, but the point was the responsibilities and restrictions that came with such a power, how he can't just go around doing whatever he wants even though he is demigod level. It get's talked more in the LNs, especially in the current volumes, though even in the anime it's discussed that he is basically regarded as an ICBM and they would have no problem disregarding his rights. Basically the point is that he has to go through fights without using too much of his power.
>alucard
He is more of a plotdevice than an actual character from what I remember, though I could be wrong, it was years ago I've had watched it.
>Gilgamesh
He is a villain set up to be strong, so when the hero overcomes him he achieved that much more. Still, he is not a 1D cutout and has an interesting personality.
>Kirito
He is just generic anime MC though? They went a bit overboard with him, but he is never implied to be on a level comparable to the rest, otherwise he would just have walked right through the whole game alone.

Btw, it's good to have an mc that actually gets shit done instead of facing the same enemy again and again because "if you kill your enemies they win" mentality, the usual mc that gets beaten, then somehow from worse start beats the enemy ruins the suspension of disbelief, especially if it is for some bullshit reason. In mahouka there is one guy who is a direct counter to Tatsuya and instead of bruteforcing his way through he spends half a year coming up with a special magic to counter it.

What if they were metabudgeting the scenes with the dacians?
>their military is outdated and poorly equipped
>wouldn't it be funny if we animated them appropriately?

>he has to go through fights without using too much of his power.

Attached: 1536666556458.gif (177x205, 1.52M)

They got an extra week to make the episode and still ran out of time because they wanted the ships shown for 15 seconds to look right.

Attached: ships.jpg (1920x1080, 666K)

>recap episode in 1 cour season
At least call it for what it is: Chink New Year.

I bet you are the type of guy who waves all criticism of fantasy "realism" internal consistency because "it's just fantasy, duh". Literally too low IQ to connect things in a setting that's not spelled out.

>Literally too low IQ to connect things in a setting that's not spelled out.
Take your own pill retard.

Take that question to Mile, aka Average Loli, who had her anime announcement 15 months ago with no news ever since.

Attached: average.jpg (422x600, 71K)

Thank god Funa is shit as manga imagine what anime would be like

It would be a comedy if Ainz was allowed to fail.

This desu.

>kumoko
That ln is fucking boring.

You're boring!
I love spider.

Attached: Vol10_Illustration_2.jpg (710x1051, 79K)

No he doesn't. Go to the LN board if you want to talk about that only.

LN are allowed on Yea Forums.

>talks out of his ass
>gets called out
>MUH NOT LN BOARD

Attached: Albedo Not Impressed.png (1280x720, 867K)

>the LN board
Point it out, by all means.
Hint: if you point to Yea Forums you will be laughed at

Side story about Ainz leaving Nazarick before getting isekai'd, he ends up 200 or so years in the NW past right above EE. He also brought the Staff.

You fucking shitstained retard lurk 2 years, or go back to where you came from, you're simply not welcome

Stop shilling your trashy novels. They're awfully written schlock that, unlike anime, has no redeeming value whatsoever.

Attached: LN_shit.jpg (569x542, 85K)

What does this have to do with Touhou?

Attached: 31917481_p1.jpg (572x800, 437K)

All of the other responses are brainlet tier.
The reason some of these (atleast, since I havent seen all of the mentioned mc's animes) are popular despite the OP mc is because the opness allows for very easy worldbuilding and very unique world building styles where the viewer who likes to connect (in a sense) with the maincharacter doesnt have to feel anxious about whether something bad happens and can fully immerse while knowing in the back of their head that everything will be alright. e.g. Ainz sama is super strong, and we get to see him do whatever he wants in this awesome fantasy world. A good comparison, and perhaps I should ahve started with this, is playing games (single player ones) with cheat codes. It's not that fun if you abuse it, but if u only use it for the really difficult levels or specific ruleset maps (my most hated ones when I was a child gamer was the timed levels) it makes the gaming experience a lot smoother.

Attached: 1547852017031.jpg (445x553, 25K)

Isekai anime, barring like 1, are all godawful adaptations of source material. So if you like isekai anime I have bad news for you

>doesnt have to feel anxious about whether something bad happens
>MOMMY THEY'RE GOING TO KILL MY FAVORITE MC!

Attached: 1540521817772.jpg (1676x943, 547K)

Did you even watch the show? He constantly gets into problems because he does unusual shit, he could literally just delete most people and no one would know, hell because he can use restoration as long as he doesn't kill the opponent, it wouldn't even count as permanent damage.

Gilgamesh is the villain though?

I'm having a hard time coming up with fedoraest premise

Attached: 1545354764263.jpg (1652x929, 630K)

You imbecile you don't have to read anything as long as you stay silent and keep sucking dicks, otherwise if you want to speak out of your ass you will be called out. Read the LN or fuck off

I don't like Isekai anime. I'm just saying that "read the LN" is a retarded excuse because the original is just as bad as the adaptation.

Your posts are retarded excuse for talking bullshit.

See and

>never talk about the anime, only the LN
>reeeeeeee, you can't criticize the anime if you didn't read 15 books before!
Even the LN is garbage though, you guys are all mentally ill and convinced yourselves that only you are right.
Overlord is fucking trash.

Stupid sexy vampire

Attached: NEOGDS-303446[1].jpg (500x500, 129K)

congratulations, user
understandable, though. looks preddy gud

>Talks out of his ass
>gets called out
>waaaaahhh you guys suuck!
(You)

Attached: 1556407149390.jpg (244x284, 15K)

Do whatever the fuck you want just don't expect user to take your secondary opinion seriously.
Educate yourself on the topic you're discussing.

>slime
>souless
you just lost any future credibility.

>thinks that without knowledge of the workings of the internal combustion engine on the atomic level you couldn't possible have a realistic race
>calls others retards
There are countless stories out there that have consistent magic that doesn't have asspull, but no that can't be, because it wasn't stated previously that there isn't a blackhole swallowing the world the next second it might just happen.

Yes, you cannot. Because if one car has 2-stroke 1 cylinder engine and another has a W12 - guess which one is going to win? And it's going to be an asspull if this wasn't in the brochure you got before the race started, according to you.

>Tell me how to write fantasy story without asspulls retard.

Introduce clearly defined rules on what capabilities fantastical elements of your story can and can't provide as you introduce those elements and stick to them. You know, follow the writing 101.

>There are countless stories out there that have consistent magic that doesn't have asspull
Name 10.

>Introduce clearly defined rules on what capabilities fantastical elements of your story can and can't provide as you introduce those elements
So you want a rulebook of magic & martial arts at the start of each book?

New challenger character appears.
Do I fucking infodump his abilities for three pages before having him fight?
Just so that you would feel all comfortable and familiar with him so NOTHING (god forbid) unpredictable happens during the fight?

>What the hell is that
Always gets me.

I never said Overlord was good, though.

Attached: 9d2.png (625x626, 71K)

I swear, this exact exchange happened earlier in the thread.

Because he refuses to admit how retarded it is to dumb entire magic\martial system at the start of the book and evades acknowledging that's the only way to avoid any asspulls in Fantasy.

>The requirement for "FANTASY FIGHT WITHOUT ASSPULLS" would then be a complete rulebook of the setting and full character sheets for all combatants, known to the audience before the fight.

Actually yes, and if the audience doesn't know the rules on which your story runs well enough to roughly guess outcomes based on setup presented, then your story is highly likely to be shit. (It is possible for magic to be inexlicable and work without rhyme or reason in a story with a horror bent, where its alienness is the point, and it is possibly to write a story that does not take itself too seriousy as a sequence of constant deadly perils and escapes by asspulls, but making that entertainig actually takes skill.)

Well according to you, only Laplace's demon could possibly write realistic works. Mind you, we don't even know all the laws of our own universe, so I guess the atomic bomb was an asspull.

>establish some resource for magic use
>stronger magic needs more
>elements counter each other
wow, so hard, must a write whole book to get it through

>Actually yes
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dungeons_&_Dragons_rulebooks
~300 pages

You do realize that you can just set up a framework and explain stuff as it comes, and it won't be an asspull as long as it doesn't break the framework without justification?

Why do you two want a fantasy fight without asspulls, anyway? One of the quintessential interesting moments in any magic-based system is when characters who think they understand how things work discover something they'd previously thought impossible.
As for rules, all the readers need to know is how much the characters know. IC knowledge is always going to be incomplete, but the reader can share the delusion of full understanding just as with IRL physics.

>only Laplace's demon could possibly write realistic works
By your autistic definitions - yes.
If you want to call non-existent fantasy realistic - be my guest.
It doesn't exist because it's not realistically possible, unless you adapt DnD transcribes for reasons I already listed here
>This is how foodball poker etc work IRL: everyone spectating know the rules
>Again: what you're describing is a bloody DnD campaign transcription

You want DnD greentext adapted, I get it, I want that too. That's not happening, stop reading fantasy until it happens.

Attached: 1536894311519.jpg (1305x1118, 437K)

I take it every character screams about their element and manapool before the fight, right? You know, so you wouldn't be surprised.

>discover something they'd previously thought impossible.
NO!
I WANT MY FANTASY ALL SORTED IN NEAT LOGIC POWERPOINT BOXES!

Attached: 1552851878810.jpg (1777x742, 113K)

>explain stuff as it comes
I just added flame resistance to a character that got fireballed to his face in combat and I didn't told you that he has that resistance before the fight.

What just happened?

>What just happened?
Aside from mild ESL

Remember Lord of the Rings? Nobody ever explained shit about how magic worked, or how the ring worked, or why Gandalf could do the incredible stuff he could, other than "it's magic, he's a wizard." Even in the Silmarillion it doesn't get much farther than "god put magic in the world, wizards are fantasy angels."
I haven't heard a massive outcry about how we need Gandalf's powerset explained, personally.

Tolkien was a hack who should've dumped entire magic system in chapter 1. Also that Gandalf The White shit? Mother of asspulls and disgrace of all fantasy writing.

>can't tell the difference between fire, wind, earth, water, light and dark
>thinks he is the smart one
Y creature has X amount of mana on average, while it can vary slightly, not to the point it would make much of a difference.

That would be an asspull.
It's on the same level as mentioning someone equipped armor before a fight and only mentioning it as he gets stabbed.

>muh eagles
Gandalf doesn't do anything unexpected magic though, the only thing you might bring up is him becoming a white wizard, which is clearly explained to be stronger than gray.

>That would be an asspull.
So screaming that is?
If I call you to fistfight but stab you with a bootknife when you're strangling me - what would you call it?

Don't make excuses for shit writing. If your can't make readers tell whether the newly introduced magic guy is a heavyweight or shitter relative to existing characters, do as many fantasy writers did and stick to writing characters who either don't have magic, or nothing that is better than swinging their sword.

Stop shitposting and go read your children's books if you like them so much.

Answer same question.

>realistic fantasy bait biting for 100 posts
Are y'all retarded?

Attached: SLIGHTLY CONCERNED AKARIN.png (419x398, 191K)

You actually are an imbecile damn.

>Gandalf doesn't do anything unexpected magic though
Except that literally no magic is explained. Nothing about the elemental or mana systems you're talking about. It's just "not unexpected" because the only thing Tolkien stuck to writing vague about wizards' power. He didn't give out the kind of detailed system you're asking for and the books worked just fine.

Asspull, in fact the classic definition of it.

Even Albedo and her sisters?

This.
Now the audience knows there's a group of lvl 100 dragon lords lurking in the NW and each one of them surpasses Ainz in raw fucking stats.

Attached: 1544536241043.jpg (640x1063, 43K)

Albedo - yes, there's nothing difficult in her for Ainz: she's a living target and a tank.
Her sisters aren't Guardians though I don't see the difficulty with Nigredo, she's not a combat class.

Sounds like an asspull, but it's not quite what the person you responded to described. He spoke of having a framework for a character where things are possible without having to be explicitly defined. For example, if the character in your example had some kind of adaptive ability, it's entirely possible he got fire resistance without realizing it by encountering a fire hazard previously or something along those lines. Maybe they're made out of stone and therefore inherently resistant to fire.

Where does this screaming comes from? Can you literally not imagine that a fireball would look like a fireball without someone screaming "fireball"?

Well, that depend would depend on the situation wouldn't it? I know you are scumbag trash, so I wouldn't be surprised you playing dirty.

You are the only one who autistically thinks that internally consistent magic=pages of datasheets.
Gandalf was a wizard, since even the usual pleb knows what that means, it puts Gandalf's power into a framework. Same as you wouldn't have to define that mermaid can breath under water and have fins. It works because his magic is not influencing the story.

>I take it every character screams about their element and manapool before the fight, right?

You know that Lord of the Rings which you invoked earlier generally explicitly went out to say "this character is hot shit, watch out!" whenever a foe with superhuman capabilities showed up?

>6 in Alliance
>there are others not in Alliance
>Sounds like an asspull, but it's not quite what the person you responded to described.
Yes it is.
Let's pretend we rigidly defined the setting by publishing the rulebook for it along with man novel volumes.
Now we're down to character individual abilities and stats.
How do you avoid an "asspull" in a fight with two inverse characters?
Do they fucking scream their manapool and element before the fight?
Does author show you their entire fucking train of thought down to
>I'm gonna press X then double Square EZ WIN!
?

How are you going to avoid """ASSPULLS""" for both setting AND characters?

I invoked LoTR. Quoted user is not me. Only things I've said here are:
>Gandalf was a wizard, since even the usual pleb knows what that means, it puts Gandalf's power into a framework.
You rewrote my point, congratulations. Sounds like we agree.

>Where does this screaming comes from?
>establish some resource for magic use

Elements and manapool.
How do you avoid asspull when writing a fight with two characters?
Do they scream their element and manapool before the fight so you wouldn't get surprised?
Do they hire a private detective to learn each other weaknesses?
Does author elaborates on their respective train of thoughts before the fight, including their tactics?

Help me understand how does that fucking work in your bloody mind?

>"this character is hot shit, watch out!"
So I take it you're only against dark horses or something?

Based and Overlordfags seething.

We've heard it before. You weren't the first, and you certainly won't be the last. Now stop embarrassing yourself.

Attached: Ararararagi Evil.png (1172x722, 628K)

Best girl.

Attached: armored chair.png (1518x1075, 1.19M)

>one is MC or sidekick so you already know most or all of the skill set by either having shown it in some training like fight or have other people or the character talk about it
>the other one is unknown, but since the character is not mentally handicapped, unlike someone else, he can look at the enemy and estimate mana and maybe spell type by external characteristic
>based on this he can guess what spells the enemy is likely to use and to what extent he can use them
Mind you, mana doesn't have to come internally, it could be crystals, and then it could be a reasonable amount like a pooch stuffed with them, and even spell can be just scrolls that you read/tear up/pour blood on/etc.

Now then someone breaking these simply rules would be an asspull, like the MC using a new element nobody knew of or the casting spells beyond his ability.

>he can look at the enemy and estimate mana and maybe spell type by external characteristic
Spell type is a weapon, mana is ammo.
You're telling me there are easy ways to tell those before the fight?

Now that's an asspull.

Those are rightfully well-guarded logistic secrets even in IRL modern warfare because there's a lot you can tell from weapon and volume of ammo flowing between enemy supply lines and units.

>MC using a new element nobody knew of or the casting spells beyond his ability.
You and I are having a fistfight but I stab you with the bootknife.
Is that an asspull?

Attached: 1528532250014.png (480x360, 235K)

Are you the easygoing fantasyfag that got his ass handed to him last month?
You sure do sound a lot like that faggot.
desuarchive.org/_/search/boards/a.desu.meta/text/easygoing setting/

I've only seen two of the things on this list because I don't take recommendations from Yea Forums or Reddit unless I already have a reason to watch the show.

>Kirito
Power fantasy. Was and will always be power fantasy.
>Saitama
I can agree that the joke gets old after a while, but the show also kinda acknowledges that itself, asking other questions and fucking around with other tropes of heroism.
People like Saitama because he's meant to be an every man type of person with no real drive, which most NEETs relate to. If you're watching OPM for super high stakes action instead of lighthearted comedy and the aforementioned fucking around with heroic tropes, you're in the wrong place.
No, I got bored of anime trying to make genuine tension and danger because none of them do it correctly. I haven't gotten bored of this in OPM because OPM knows how to build a joke.

They're pretty relaxing. There's not really much of a major conflict so they can focus on world-building, comedy, or whatever the show is about. Also since the MC is fucking overpowered from the start, they don't have to spend like a thousand episodes showing how the MC trains to get stronger after every defeat, they're already strong.

Ainz IS getting stronger and so is Nazarick though. He's not idly resting in the cradle of power.

Attached: 1537969475039.jpg (1405x3600, 2.83M)

Is your memory so short you don't remember posts before?
>literally asking if recognizing fire as fire is an asspull

Let me try explaining this with a simple example:
-10 mana weights 10 kg in crystals (of course in 1g)
-that mass of crystals takes up around the space of a backpack
-casting a fireball costs 3 mana meaning you can cast 3 and have 1 mana left
-there are equivalent spells for each element
-because it takes considerable amount of time to master a new element it's reasonable to guess most people only use one
-enemy has burn marks on their sleeve/gloves so it's likely he is a fire user
-fireball is a ball of fire flying in the air
-there are say 1,3,5,10 mana spells
-a fireball is reasonably enough to defeat your average human if it connects
-from this info it's can be taken that he will likely use a fireball as a starting spell

Wew, you might actually need everything spelled out for you, not that the average person is that dense.
Pretty sure you can get military surplus ammo and weapons on the market though, and most modern firearms are publicly know and showcased. We are not talking about tanks and stuff grenade or missile launchers at most.

Literally already told you that it can't be judged since having a boot knife is plausible in some cases while it would be clearly an asspull in others. Same as pulling out a gun, are you police officer/gangster/assassin? Or are just some random truck driver in pub?

>Let me try explaining this with a simple example:
I'm not reading that shit.
How is one guy clearly knows what element his opponent has?
How did he measure opponent manapool?
Why are there no means developed to conceal such important information?
>you can get military surplus ammo and weapons on the market though
There are reasons you conceal carry and wear a shirt over your armored vest and those reasons are element of surprise that is very important.
>and most modern firearms are publicly know and showcased.
But do soldiers loudly proclaim in battle what weapons do they have, how much ammo they have left or what kind of armor they are wearing, for their opponents to hear?
This is what soldier prefers to keep secret from enemies in combat.
>having a boot knife is plausible in some cases while it would be clearly an asspull in others.
Those cases are limited to beach episodes when I'm fucking barefoot.
>Or are just some random truck driver in pub?
How do you know he's a truck driver? That's the first time you seeing the dude and quite a lot of them might carry firearms or cold weapons.

Would you be screaming ASSPULL while being stabbed to death or you healthily assume that some random male might just be packing so you wouldn't bring fists to a gunfight?

>Let me try explaining this with a simple example:
>-10 mana weights 10 kg in crystals (of course in 1g)
>-that mass of crystals takes up around the space of a backpack
>-casting a fireball costs 3 mana meaning you can cast 3 and have 1 mana left
>-there are equivalent spells for each element
>-because it takes considerable amount of time to master a new element it's reasonable to guess most people only use one
>-enemy has burn marks on their sleeve/gloves so it's likely he is a fire user
>-fireball is a ball of fire flying in the air
>-there are say 1,3,5,10 mana spells
>-a fireball is reasonably enough to defeat your average human if it connects
>-from this info it's can be taken that he will likely use a fireball as a starting spell

FAINT SMELL OF PENIS

It was fun biting your bait but you really made it obvious with that last one. Goodbye.

Attached: 1548433991439.png (915x933, 257K)

>explain this to me
>i'm not reading it

>people don't know what weapons the enemy uses
Sure, but they might guess, lmgtfy.com/?q=us marine weapon it's not exactly a secret.

A boot knife is not something most people would have a need for, so reasonable it's not something most people would have. So having them by chance would be an asspull.

>only a detective could guess what kind of magic pic related might use

Attached: file.png (999x565, 1.27M)

>what kind of magic pic related might use
Yes if It was """"realistic"""" character, he'd learn Water too just to throw opponents off.
That's what a reasonable combatant would do.

YOU DONT LIKE A THING I LIKE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>it's not exactly a secret.
>tactical
How much ammo this Marine unit has?
What kind of fire support weapons to they have: LMG, snipers, mortars?
Did they come carrying a lot of AP rounds to combat light vehicles?
To they have a lot of frag rounds for close combat?
>strategical
How much ammo/supplies are enemy moving behind the lines in what direction?

Those are all supposed to be kept secret from an enemy because disclosing that information puts you at a disadvantage.

Magic users being retarded not to conceal their element, resistances and manapool is the biggest asspull of all.

I'm not going to go in circles with you retard, no more (you)s.

Seeth harder, kid

Dragon lords were given a level? I haven't read volume 13.
How many people were blown out in Overlord threads? I remember everyone laughing and scoffing and saying DLs are level 80 at best when I left.

It was previously stated that it takes too much time to reasonably learn multiple elements though. Let's say 15 years to master it. Not that it's impossible, but it would either mean some old guy where it wouldn't be that much of a surprise, or someone younger half assing multiple ones. Besides learning the counter to your counter would be the smart thing to do.

From head I would say a marine has on him about 7 mags, 30*7, a strike team is 10 man if I remember correctly, one of them having SAW, they mostly have marksman rifles, around 2-3 frags per guy, maybe some flashes/stuns. You usually would call artillery on yourself and AT weapon are pointless vs people. Nothing sort of .50 BMG would qualify as AP and that's not a squad weapon.
You are really pushing this into a "what if", it was supposed to be a random encounter 1v1 battle, not an army level encounter in a warzone.
People have carrying capacity, it's no unreasonable to think that they wouldn't bring dozens of kg of stuff with them everywhere, not to mention it would limit their movement too. If you want to go by your example, it's reasonable to think that a handgun come with one or at most two spare mags and the guy not hiding a minigun with 1000s of bullets up his ass.
Just as much you cannot conceal a full sized assault rifle on yourself, using potent magic would also leave it's mark.

Now go on about how marines conceal their guns in their asses until they have to fire so the enemy don't know that they are getting shot by guns.

There was one 95lvl 200 years before mainline LN and his levels were stronger than average Player would have because those are Dragon Levels=non Playable race in Yggdrasil.
He was a retard and sucked the bone because of it though.

Attached: 1530007570619.jpg (650x650, 87K)

The use of zombies was amazing actually.
Fucking zombies being a threat in high level dnd conflict with pure numbers and higher tiers of zombies, too bad there was no commanders to lead them to make the fight harder.
A full zombie commander build isn't that bad now.

He could've decked them in runesmithery!

That would throw off his fire build which would make him a weak retard.

slime > spider > (=shield hero=) makikomarete chad > izayoi problem child > part time maou > > ogre overlord > death cuck mage > smartphone god > lv 300+ satoo > diablo overlord > skeleton overlord > overly cautious hero > murabito villager > lv 300 witch > aqua > paladin elf skeleton knight > kino seeker > blinking dragon > jk slut haru > lv 999 villager > hajime arifureta > skill taker > dumb dragon > cumdump healer > shadow > mecha autist > [ ] with prep > duck loli > I Love Emilia > kazuma > normal human mcs

Attached: hehe.jpg (581x548, 43K)

In the case of OPM it's refreshing compared to most shows because its different. Not every source of drama is as simplistic as "will x beat y".

Besides, you always know the MC is going to win anyway because of plot armour, so the tension you're referencing is artificial.

>Tanya
>breeze through every single fight with zero tension?

You obviously haven't read the novel.

its fun

Attached: solo-leveling-30809.jpg (350x473, 65K)

That's some good taste right there.

Attached: slime_stamp001.png (400x400, 123K)

Shoop Aqua into that.

At least we found Staff-chan and figured out what the fuck she does finally.

Attached: 1558135928359.webm (640x360, 506K)

>I Love Emilia > kazuma

I dispute this I love Emilia's return by death can't be applicable to power level otherwise he'd find a way to beat half the list and the only other thing he has going for him is his divine providence that's garbage compared to the original. Kazuma while still really weak can still beat an average person like I Love Emilia easily by just using bind and tieing him up or snipe him with his perfect accuracy.

Attached: 1336899415025.jpg (1957x730, 181K)

Well, that's the fucking point - to have a MC with significant enough holes in his plot armor. Without such it's plain boring - MC wins, game over.

Attached: onii sama 1.jpg (1920x1080, 124K)

The 10000 year gap in intelligence and plans is way too much for the dragon to decipher, user.
No way in hell ECDL could've mass produced the state of the art runecraft™ equipment Ainz produces.

Attached: 1539895476943.jpg (1224x918, 182K)

Wasn't smartphone jesus fucking dead?

Attached: 1528555905635.png (340x580, 161K)

I love Emilia's power is his power, even if he uses it he can't beat people so far above him no matter how many times he returns.

Attached: stats.png (2550x1813, 3.94M)

Based

Are they ever going to address the whole "it was a video game and I was once a human being" thing? Why bother making it an isekai in the first place if they're just gonna ignore it?

>haha you made a typo tough luck pal

kek

there is no tension in any anime battle with the main character because you know they are going to win

ok

Attached: edit.png (718x953, 561K)

They did, read the novels.

A entire thread just to show how dumb the fucking OP is

Stop watching anime then, gaylord. Anime belongs to otaku and manchildren, not intellectual redditors.

>anime
>anything to do with weebs

>90% of anime isn't made for jap losers

For me it's the comfy factor, senpai.
Knowing that the MCs is so powerful that no matter how ridiculous the situations they're trown in is, they'll make it out just fine, is extremely comfy.
But I'll admit that some of these series are so boring that even I couldn't be bother to watch tbqh.

Attached: 1558944470487.png (1280x720, 330K)

I enjoy Overlord similar to how I enjoy Quentin Tarantino movies. The characters, dialogue, and setting are entertaining enough that even if it was written without the Isekai element, it wouldn't detract from the series the slightest.

>weeb
Learn the definition.

>missing on main conflict in series
>muh isekai isn't important
How would a lich amass such power while being incompetent coward?

Being constantly bombarded by David vs Goliath stories makes people forget that Samson stories also exist.

In Overlord David is on a short leash of false-flagging treasonous psychopath.

Attached: 1550464631107.jpg (1280x2160, 295K)

Turning into animals is a classic vampire power. Usually it's bats or wolves, but other things aren't unreasonable.

I'm pretty sure Climb's just a red herring for shounen watchers. Honestly I don't think there's a David in Overlord if Ainz is the Goliath.

Climb is Hero user, the one that would defeat Ainz.

Attached: 1534990329178.jpg (811x1081, 216K)

Ded thread.
Ded fanbase.
Ded series.

Attached: 1550235030258.jpg (1920x1080, 153K)

Good riddance.

It's early morning in the States. The fuck you want to talk about?

It's funny when you remember the author himself pulled the trigger

Clementine.

Attached: 1537777030021.png (1366x768, 969K)

Powerlevels at 4 AM

He didn't, not yet. Fund 3 more anime seasons if you want to see skeletor animated again.

Attached: 1556610760032.jpg (700x460, 192K)

Y'all faggots need to appreciate Clementine more.

Attached: 1537360008387.jpg (1920x1080, 140K)

And then Ainz auto revives and slaughters exhausted Climb, and moves on with his gorefest, like nothing happened.

BUT HE REFUSED TO DIE!

Attached: 1545145587322.png (827x1378, 1M)

Diablo took lethal damage when fighting the leader of the paladins.

Did he dieded?

No his gear lets him survive lethal damage with 1 hp once per fight.
He got pretty fucked up though even though the paladin was a lower level. His arm was almost completely cut off, and his heart was pierced.

>Ainz
>competent
The whole shtick of the anime is that his subordinates assume he is way more competent than he really is. I like him because he's sort of a bumblingly OP character.
>Rimuru
I like him because he's actually OP for logical reasons. Predator and Great Sage are incredibly OP just on their own without the insane synergy between the two. And his slime body is pretty good too.

Alucard is a plot device, like a hurricane or a volcano.

I care about the characters around him and how they will survive, or perhaps even more importantly, manage to corral him into fighting the villains.

Attached: howitgoes.jpg (531x491, 88K)

He was then dragged by Demiurgue to be used in his Mengele experiments.

unironically based user

SASEN, SASEN, SASEN-ZOU!

Attached: BALD NECROMANCER BUMP.jpg (1920x1080, 115K)

Then it wasn't lethal.

Attached: 1529949618616.jpg (1689x950, 658K)

If it wasn’t lethal then his gear effect wouldn’t activate.

>Implying that Rimuru always wins
Are you retarded? Rimuru is about to get fucked over big time in the manga and you'll see that he fucked up when the second season of the anime comes out.

Because it's fun you fucking virgin. It's fun to watch the enemy try so hard and whip out their ultimate only to fall into pants shitting terror when it fails. To have their wntire existence reduced to a joke. It's fun to watch the fight unfold, seeing all the crazy techniques and explosions and the rest. If you want difficulty then go live a real life you fucking Peter holy shit I hate you fucking kids.

Unless it's a series where everyone can die, it's false tension. The hero wins, the bad guy loses, that's the story. What matters is the dressing.

>The hero wins, the bad guy loses,

Attached: NNN.jpg (2554x1448, 1.29M)

I'm more annoyed by the "Instant sociopathy" applied to Isekai characters.

Momonga changes worlds - Now he's a lich and have no empathy.

Naofumi, gets framed in first chapter, he turns into cynical sociopath that considers torture and rape to death a better punishment, when sucide is an option. He also never needs to develope as a character, because everyone who disagreed with him is obviously a villian.

For Kumoko it takes longer and feel almost unfair. When she is forced to fend off a zerg rush of monkey enemies, the sheer scale of the bloodbath, gives her title Merciles that... You guessed it, supresses her empathy, and from that point she doesn't need much prodding to kill anyone.

Overlord simply takes this to the extreme by making him invincible via plot armor despite his idiocy, and allowing him to slaughter everyone without consequences to himself. He's pretty much invincible slasher villian for the snuff and torture fetishists, like Jigsaw in Saw or bad guys in Hostel.

you're autistic.

What are you referring to?
the"fuck up" of "hui i created a copy of myself and moved it away and i left the other me to fight her to gauge her strength and now its dead but i am fine and now on to lazer some faggots"?

Ainz is the MC of this story, the fuck were you expecting? Villian protag are also a thing.

Ok. Idk about all the other characters you listed but Saitama should be obvious. Explaining why Saitama is so OP would be explaining the joke.

>Naofumi
>sociopath

Alucard says no one is immortal also he was defeated.

Attached: Yumiko.jpg (298x169, 5K)

>Momonga changes worlds - Now he's a lich and have no empathy.
Since when were you faggot under the impression that he wasn't like that back in his world?

Yes, which is why I watch a wide variety of anime and not just one extremely specific subcategory. Sometimes I'm in the mood to watch a protagonist struggle to overcome the obstacles in front of him. Sometimes I want to watch a protagonist gloriously unmake some fool with a flick of his wrist. Sometimes I want to watch shows that aren't even centered around combat at all! Gasp!

Attached: [OP].gif (280x302, 3.75M)

Because you said it
>bad guy lose
Are you an ESL or something?

>Now he's a lich and have no empathy.
He has empathy just not towards random humans, and it's not as sudden as you assume considering his daily travel to work led past dead children in his dystopia.
>cynical sociopath that considers torture and rape to death a better punishment
>rape and torture
things that only happen in your head.
And death was a perfectly correct punishment for those two.
>He also never needs to develop as a character, because everyone who disagreed with him is obviously a villain.
one thing has nothing to do with the other, besides no they are not obviously villains there is only one obvious villain, bitch.
>For Kumoko
She has always been rather unemphatic and merciless didn't change her in any relevant way.
>and from that point she doesn't need much prodding to kill anyone.
She never needed "much prodding" especially at the start, the reason she didn't just kill anything she met was because most things were too strong not because she felt bad about killing them.
>invincible via plot armor
It's not plot armor, he is just plain invincible.
>He's pretty much invincible slasher villian
Welp there you have it, he is a villain.

It's called power fantasy for a reason retard.

>>Alucard
>releases his souls for the final fight
>can be killed by his enemy
>gets infected by schrödingers faggot and has to kill himself down to his last soul just to defeat him
what more do you want? him dying? you are just retarded.

I didn't pay attention to any news about this anime and now I'm glad I know I can safely skip it.

>Kumoko
Have you gotten to the part in the WN about her original life on earth? She didn't need the merciless title to become a sociopath.

You don't even need to get that far in, it is made pretty damn clear at the beginning.

Not gonna bite fuck off.

Sure, but her origin does provide a highly satisfying reason.

>her original life on earth
She was a spider user, how can a spider be a sociopath? That's Ds memories, her personality is different than Ds

>Wants to create an utopia where everyone can be happy together with rainbows and sunshine
>Only kills sentient beings when absolutely neccessary and stops when an enemy surrenders or runs away
>Focuses so much on only his own (and at most his direct trading partners') profit that he failed to notice that he was destroying a neighbouring nation's trade-economy
>Made a speech for the alliance ceremony with Dwargon and was given 0 out of 100 points by Gazel for his performance
>Got conned by Blumund Kingdom into signing a mutual defense agreement (pic related)
>Only survived the attack by the strongest known Holy Knight because he was warned by a clone of Souei and was able to prepare a means of survival just in time
>Arrives home only to find several of his monster friends dead or gravely injured
>Forced to compromise his ideals and become a "war criminal" that indiscriminately slaughters an army in the 5-digits, including those who surrendered or ran away, not even sparing them of their soul, just so he can initiate an evil ritual that requires soul sacrifices
>Just to catch a single guy that escaped, further desecrates the dead by using their corpses for another evil ritual to summon 3 Daemons from Hell/Underworld, unknowingly unleashing one of the most eccentric and evil beings in existence
>Becomes a Demon Lord and like any corrupt politician, hides his evil actions by literally spreading Fake News and putting all the blame on his best friend like the scumbag he is
>Actively participates in "regime change" of another nation
>Joins a literal "Villain Club" and makes an enemy out of isekai-Illuminati
>Has a super-intelligent different personality that tries to conquer the world via economic supremacy like some evil corrupt super corporation
"I am not a bad Slime, you know!"

Attached: GotTricked.jpg (976x1400, 708K)

>She was a spider user
My point exactly. Spiders feel no remorse for killing, have no empathy, etc. They're what we would consider a sociopath, so for her to be that way is being true to her nature.

I like the aesthetic

But she does have empathy, for the Demon Lord and Sensei at least. And maybe also for Oni-kun and Vampire girl

Attached: Sophia.PNG.png (247x499, 146K)

i bouht 10 copies of slime data ken from japan just to have it on air next year nice

Attached: 1559061107858.jpg (600x631, 43K)

>Diablo

Diablo's fights got more crazy.

I prefer the "other" Diablo. Can't wait for the Slime manga to finally introduce him within the next few months.

Attached: DiabloCloak.jpg (832x468, 49K)

Have sex

No, my mother had me tested.

Deepest lore.

Attached: 1543974474107.jpg (1280x720, 155K)

This progression of events sound strangely familiar.

Attached: Overlooked.jpg (640x716, 110K)

Without a tongue, he'll never understand.
They probably don't even have cereal in the dystopian future he's from.

put sid/shadow for full chuuni

That shot isn't poorly animated. It's an insult to y intelligence and abuse of my good will.

they have onions green

>overlord mentioned
>autistic fanboys swarm the thread

Where?

>This progression of events sound strangely familiar.
Certainly true, considering:
>MC saves a village near his isekai-starting-location from an attack and the villagers are deeply grateful to him
>MC goes to a "fortress city", gives his potion away for free and someone notices said potion to be "as potent as a legendary potion from mythical times whose production method got lost"
>MC got a super-loyal but also super-evil male subordinate who is one of the main causes for unlimited Sasuga-ism toward MC in MC's homebase
>Girl gets mindcontrolled and forces MC into his first truly serious fight since being isekai'd
>"So this is what pain feels like!"
>MC fights a whole war against an army of soldiers by himself
>MC creates his own nation
>MC causes a "regime change" by getting the targeted Kingdom to self-destruct, though that is being handled by his subordinates
>MC wants to get rich by selling his nation's "specialty product"
All these points apply to both Overlord and Slime and it's no wonder since the author of Slime admitted that he was quite inspired by Overlord. Likewise Kumo seems to be inspired by Slime.

>mfw it's all second-hand masturbation powertrip circle!

Attached: 1557435120499.jpg (860x299, 111K)

Is Maruyama a smart writer writing a dumb person or the other way around?

Attached: tumblr_p6l166EKjd1v2kn4yo5_r1_250.png (250x250, 82K)

Slime is the worst since it has no tension whatsoever.
Atleast overlord has a looming tension, too bad the author went full retard recently and will end the story.
Kumo was good in the dungeon then turned to shit outside of it except for the wrath parts.

>the author went full retard recently and will end the story.
I've been hearing this, but only on Yea Forums. Is there any kind of source for this you can give for somebody out of the loop?

I am always disappointed when I see threads like these. The shear amount of actual sub-100 IQ individuals is fucking staggering. Like, literally unwise, unintelligent people. Not consuming all the material then taking a hostile stance and or missing otherwise readily apparent points. Never have I ever seen so many people show how stupid they are than when they're talking about fiction with any sort of definable characteristics. Yea Forums is easily the most autistic board on all of Yea Forums. It's not even close.

Attached: 1443364602811.jpg (524x617, 43K)

>>only a detective could guess what kind of magic pic related might use
Maybe they lost all faith in magic archetypes when they found out Demon Firesage is super weak to fire.

literally just google "maruyama piracy" and you can find screenshots of his twitterpost stop being so lazy.

>tfw can't self-insert as chad Papa Bones so you rewrite it as an inanimate sexless blob

Attached: 1558557686464.png (1792x1188, 299K)

Piracy has nothing to do with it he just says
>holy shit someone is reading my work in the west?
>fuck this shit I can't live up to expectations
>Overlord is finished at 16 volume!

Of course it doesn't have anything to do with it, but those keywords deliver the tweet at the top of the searchresults.

Cause the people who enjoy these shows are spineless bullied-in-high-school betacucks who like self-inserting into powertrip fantasies where they can take revenge on generalizations of the people who have wronged them aka the world for being unfair or girls who won't sleep with them/become their gfs. Except for Saitafags because he's literally a running gag joke for his series and isn't supposed to be self-inserted into

Attached: homercigar.png (576x432, 218K)

@189092481

plot twist: Nigel is actually Maruyama and he is pissed at his JP publisher for actually signing a contract with slow-ass YenPress and even getting almost nothing himself so he decided to take revenge by pirating his own series and rising his name value so he can start a different work with a different JP publisher.

As expected of Maruyama-sama. Maru-sama.

Attached: 1558000232967.jpg (800x438, 46K)

It's caused by the piracy, he's using it as a scapegoat though.

>Keeps seeing "Gilgamesh isn't an MC"
Play CCC already, retards.

it's caused by his own laziness, the piracy is just another excuse in a long running series of excuses for his lack of desire to write more.

He's not the protagonist in CCC either, brainlet. Do you think Saber is the protagonist of F/SN?

He's not a bad slime. He's still by far the nicest person in that setting and wouldn't hesitate to show you mercy, a warm bed, three hot meals a day, a place to call home, and probably hook you up with a non-human waifu once you earned it, if you showed up on his doorstep begging for mercy. His greatest fault is that he was too trusting of literal snakes and elites of the world and didn't think he'd get scammed by them.

Also, I would argue that it's not a war crime to kill and use the souls of enemy soldiers who slaughtered your country's women, men, and children without mercy in order to bring them back from the dead. Veladora straight up states that the world is kill or be killed/survival of the fittest, too, so in addition it makes sense that slimeboi is going to use informational warfare and his demon KGB to get the upper hand. Thinking that you can build a utopia without doing so is some serious just-world delusion.

As for the primordial demons, they're clearly capable of becoming better people, no? The fact that slimeboi has someone like violet or blanc running around and being generally civilized and not annihilating everything is proof of that. Darkness is not evil and light is not good in the setting, the angels do some fucked up things too.

The real moral of slime tensei is that being a ruler or having a position of power will constantly put even the nicest person in the world into a position where they have to commit necessary evils to protect those they care about. And that is okay. It's better than abstaining from all action and watch all your loved ones fade away while your enemies wipe out anything you hold dear.

Attached: 1557245391900.png (380x391, 201K)

The MC always wins in everything.

>The first 3 episodes
Why people that try to shit in Overlord are always filthy secondary or faggots that miss the point of the series and only want shonen battles?

Attached: 1438408986940.jpg (299x282, 22K)

You misunderstood me. I was just saying how Rimuru would look from a more objective perspective while having a lot, but still limited amount, of intel. I guess using modern-day sensibilities as if they were obvious facts that need to be followed, was not enough to make the irony of my post obvious.

Attached: PaintRT.png (800x600, 7K)

Don't worry, I'm autistic so I don't understand irony.

Attached: anime boomer.jpg (1024x922, 77K)

>>Ainz
dark comedy about a salaryman faking his way into world domination. whether or not he'll win le ebin fight isn't the point.
>>Rimuru
comedy SOL about a salaryman who accidentally stumbles into increasing world relevance. the story is more about world building than anything.
>>Diablo
comedy about a NEET faking his way into a harem.
>>Tanya
the tension is between Tanya and being X, along with the war in general, retard.
>>Saitama
it's a comedy subversion of the very trope you're complaining about. what were you expecting from it? someone who doesn't die in one punch?
>>Kirito
sword art online is shit, no one is defending it.

you may as well ask where the tension in Nichijou is for half this shit.

To be fair tension was pretty damn high during that Principal vs deer fight in Nichijou

Good job!
You've accurately selected a board for that image.
Keep it up champ!

>Ainz
The tension is not "who will be able to defeat Ainz", but "wich country will put the most resistance to Nazarick's plans to world domination in the distant future?"
>Rimiru
He is more about "who will think he is a weakling next?"
>Diablo
>seeking tension from a comedy
>Tanya
The tension is when she will be able to outsmart Being X and win world peace
>Saitama
The point of his story is about anti-tension. The tension is not for the audience but for the characters, making us focus on the question of "what is a hero"
>Tatsuya
This one is actually powerfantasy shit
>Alucard
The thing was about the world more than him, but it's been a while since I watched that one
>Gilgamesh
The story isn't about him
>Kirito
That one is meh

But that's the fucking point as well - making a plot armor so thick you know nothing will faze him makes you search for new ways in wich the character can live in the story. Without such it's plain boring - MC wins after an asskick because muh love/muh friends/muh destiny

He can see without eyes and smell without a nose, so why can't he taste without a tongue?

BUT HE RESISTED ALL TORTURE AN CONFRONTED EVERYONE STRONGER THIS TIME
Honestly user, no matter what "burdens" you may think, if Climb is The Hero, he will overcome them.

There's a scene where he tries to eat and realizes he can neither consume nor taste food. IIRC it's in volume 2.

Hellsing and Black Lagoon are classy edge though. The edge is made for spectacle and action, not for a deep tone.

>brainlet

Yeah, but why. It don't make sense.

Because that is a disadvantage of his race, dumbdumb

There's no less tension in these fights than in any other show. You know the good guys will win in the end regardless.

>Ainz
>The tension is not "who will be able to defeat Ainz", but "wich country will put the most resistance to Nazarick's plans to world domination in the distant future?"
The dragonlords all are strong enough to fight ainz and the guardians.
The problem is that it’s stuck in shit tier human zones for the entire series with nothing else explored because the author is scared of hurting nazarick in actual wars and fights.

Not that user, but how is lack of taste a "disadvantage of the race"?
>sight, check
>hearing, check
>smell, check
>touch, check
>taste, LOL NOPE!
I don't quite understand for what reason just the taste is excluded here.

To make skellies suffer.

The way people started hitting on rimuru I started wishing we had some plot where some twink MC gets objectified and possibly abused. That would be nice.

I get your point, you're saying it makes no sense.
You're right.
The fact remains, Ainz has no taste. It's canonically due to his race. You could make the argument that he has all the senses that can be useful for his survival, and that excludes taste since he doesn't eat. Smell is a bit iffy in that case, though.

Game, consumable items.
You autistic fuck.

different guy here but taste is just a really advanced form of touch. Also all senses are useful for survival which is the reason we have them in the first place

Taste isn't useful for survival if you don't eat.

Alright, but he's a magic skeleton. He doesn't have any nerves. All of his senses are simulated by magic and he doesn't eat or drink.
I don't think taste being a form of touch really applies here.

Smell isn't useful for survival if you don't breathe, yet he can smell Albedo's pussy juice all over his bed anyway.

>Ainz
He barely ever fights, and often when he does he is making a play or trying to learn something. The only real fight was the one against Shalltear. You don't watch/read it to see Ainz struggling, but to see how he affects the world.

>Rimuru
Basically a poor man's Ainz, except he gets stronger with time instead of slightly weaker (nothing big, Ainz only spends some items he can't get back). If Overlord has some traces of a power fantasy, there is no doubt this is a power fantasy.

>Diablo
Poor man's Rimuru, with the exception that the point here is watching the girls around him, is basically a power fantasy in it's purest form.

>Tanya
Her enemy isn't the people fighting her but literal god. You watch/read it for the 4D chess, basically.

>Saitama
You watch for everyone else and to see Saitama being recognized.

>Tatsuya
Don't know.

>Alucard
Gore, basically.

>Gilgamesh
The point is that he can't breeze through everything. And he is a villain.

>Kirito
Self-insert power fantasy. Basically a more polished and less "on-the-nose" Diablo. Still, the concept of a Full Immersion VRMMORPG is quite enticing on it's on, which is why so many people like the first season so much.

Attached: 1484084312258.png (596x709, 489K)

>just waste a month on reading 30 books that you will not like or your opinion on anime doesn't count
Why are LNfags so pathetic?

Just to point this out, even Ainz questions this, IIRC. There is no real explanation to why he has the senses he has, it's just is what it is.
As a headcannon one could think about what was transferred from Yggdrasil (Sight, hearing and touch for obvious reasons, and smell because of gases and such in the game, but no reason to add taste when the only people actually eating are slimes). But that's headcannon and doesn't matter.

Your opinion on anime will never count, because the anime will never count. It's that simple.
Your opinion has to be about the source material, or it's irrelevant noise that doesn't apply to anyone or anything.

Attached: 1443308988937.jpg (1280x988, 75K)

If there was no reason to add taste, then food created in the YGGDRASIL methods should logically be flavorless, but the master chef of Nazarick makes mouthwatering meals.

Get off the anime board, retard.

>Your opinion has to be about the source material
So only web novel counts?

Point out an LN board, go ahead.
The light novel is a remake, not an adaptation of the web novel. They can be regarded as two related but distinct pieces of media.

Attached: 1524916541449.jpg (771x681, 81K)

>what is anime being better than the novel, adding more things approved by the author, also manga
Overlord anime doesn’t fit it but others do.

>what is anime being better than the novel
Something that has never happened in the history of the human race.

>Point out an LN board, go ahead.
Wow that was easy.

That's not really fair, LNs and VNs are source material for anime so they make sense on an anime discussion board

Exactly, they're all shit.

Bakemonogatari

>t. has never visited Yea Forums

If fantasy general can exist there, i don't see a reason why LN can't

OP's mistake was assuming that all things mentioned are entirely about the fights
it doesn't matter if you're immune to everything under the sun when you lose a mahjong match to a loli

Who's the guy supposed to be on the left?

>best character in the show
>kill her and jerk off lizards instead

Attached: clementine.jpg (1508x1959, 720K)

Some have tried, and let me tell you by experience they get deleted by some fucking double nigger every single time.

>generic [ D A M A G E D ] assassin
yeah nah
Enri is better

>Don't you ever get bored of and yearn for something where there is genuine tension and danger?

Yes, and for that feeling, I go skydiving without a parachute. Then I go back home and watch some more SAO.

If you don't find Enri generic then all I can say is watch more anime because she's in every single one

Raise her as the undead and make her do missions for the Nazarick.
I've always thought that every work of fiction exists in it's own verse.
Sometimes it's the same verse or they don't contradict one another, so they might as well be.

>Enri
>generic
fucking tertiaries

author

But that's the guy on the right

Kind of funny if Ainz carries around a fuckton of potions if he can't actually drink any.
Does it say anywhere that he's carrying them for guildies, since they'd hurt him anyway?

But Maruyama is the blood loli on the right

>he can't actually drink any
nice headcanon

Don't have to drink potions.
Brain says this in volume 3 i think, and notes how it feels more natural to drink them over spilling them on himself.

Healing potions damage Undead, senpais.

Attached: 6696.jpg (250x99, 5K)

So? He has summons, allies and there are presumably other potions.

BTW, did you consider that they might be a weapon against other undead?

At least what Clementine does smells of desperation.

Attached: 1550314024880.jpg (1677x1888, 1.37M)

Found it, there was a bit about it in the first volume.

Attached: Untitled.png (580x190, 37K)

Stop talking about isekai shit you shits

Everything is an isekai, debate me.

>Rimuru
He isn't OP at all. He gets his ass kicked consistently. The only thing OP about him is his hedonistic lifestyle. Everyone would rather live in peace with him and enjoy an amazing lifestyle than fight him.

>the only consumable items are healing potions
undead get healed by damage potions and still benefit from stat upgrades
lurk more

>damage potions

Attached: 1559122205564.jpg (600x600, 37K)

fucking kill yourself, please

>damage potions
Negative energy healing was nerfed by the devs, if I remember correctly.

The attraction of Ainz is that he is constantly holding back his power out of fear of revealing everything to an unknown enemy. If they knew everything about him they could figure out how to beat him.
Thats why most of the story is politics and a comedy of errors.
When Ainz uses his powers its to put on a show for the humans.

you remember right
fuck shitty devs

Well healing himself with negative touch was pretty broken, imagine fighting lich who keeps his health at max just by rubbing his non-existent nipples during the entire fight.

Attached: 1557304547333.png (757x877, 519K)

It's just like the cleric healing himself, no?

>why can't Japanese young adult novels have threads on a board filled with pseuds and moderated by pseuds.
Even if one makes it on there for any relevant time it's going to be flooded by pseuds crying about LNs being not literature.

Wasn't it a racial skill and not a spell? I'm sure it didn't cost anything.

pretty sure one is a cantrip and another costs mana/spell slots
pretty stupid in retrospect since other heteromorphs could still heal themselves via acid/fire and stuff

Kill me yourself coward!

>Overlord threads during content voids

Attached: 1545583064912.jpg (3030x716, 343K)

there's no point in discussing things for the 100th time since D&D discussions quickly get rule lawyered and anything that remains after that is shit flinging

I'm gonna say the B-word!

Attached: 1547085191876.jpg (550x791, 101K)

not if I 360 and dimensional door out of here

Wasn’t Ainz among the weakest members of his guild?

If you mean Ulbert, Touch Me and Smaragdina were stronger than him - then yes.
He was an excellent wildcard to fit any role though.

Any good shows where the MC fucking dies and it continues afterwards by picking a new MC?
I'd mention REBOOT but it isn't anime.

JoJo

>one anime out of 10 mentioned
>somehow fanboys make more than half the thread about it when no one else even cares

and I'm gonna say the V-word
Valkyrie( male)

Attached: Satan.jpg (600x600, 66K)

Ainz or shalltear vs an elder greater beholdr who has warrior classes would be good.

>who has warrior classes
Elaborate

>thread almost archives dozen of times
>only overlordfags care enough to bump

Attached: 1550349796383.png (431x323, 154K)

Once again!

In the new world, not in YGGDRASIL. Remember that everyone else who came to the new world are NPCs, Ainz is the only player, and he is affected differently.

Bullshit.
SlimeChads, stand up!

Attached: Smugrumu.png (901x716, 581K)

Didn't I tell you this, user? Overlord threads know no archive! The strength of the 41 shitposters of Nazarick stands before you!

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 117K)

Most negative energy spells are literally just cleric spells with inverse power if we are speaking DnD and Pathfinder
Like its a cleric that has an evil god.
so instead of turn undead its control undead.

Attached: 1547725438453.jpg (704x623, 37K)

Conflicts doesnt have to be a raw power clash like in DBZ.

beholdr has an eureka moment and uses its tentacles to hold some weapons and learns warriors skills.

>Kirito can breeze through fight with no tension
That's just a meme, last fight he had he lost his arm and his best friend.

You clearly didn't watch SAO and know it through memes. Just type 'Don't know' like the others. You niggers are forcing the writer to put him in pointless suffering just to satisfy you faggots.

if by "zero tension" you mean "is the main character going to win" then the answer for literally any series is yes
ainz and saitama can't lose but aren't rimuru and especially tanya a lot less powerful narratively than they are?

is anyone translating the lns? the wn hasn't been updated since like november i think

We need more MCs who do utopia, regime change and shit trading.

Rimuru is a god, he was never in danger whatsoever early on and that's made clear later.
Tanya has god cheat weapon and magic power she won't lose maybe her squad dies but she doesn't care about that or the country itself.

You didn't watch the later episodes of Youjo Senki or the movie, right? Because she was constantly struggling there.

She wasn't using her full power so she will never truly be in danger of dying.

That sounds awfully familiar.

Attached: 1536383185981.jpg (2190x1872, 609K)

Top Tier
Saitama, Alucard, Gilgamesh

Shit Tier
Ainz, Diablo, Tanya, Tatsuya, Kirito

Learn the difference

I wonder if mimics and beholders were playable in Yggdrasil.
Illithids and doppelgangers are, after all.

Attached: 1529244454639.jpg (116x131, 6K)

Fuck You

Seething

>rescues a baby
>decides to eat it because it looks tasty
>figures it would be a pain to kill it since she went through the trouble to save it
>decides to just eat it's cheeks and arms and continually heal it
>baby pisses itself out of fear
>gets grossed out and changes her mind
And people think Ainz is bad, Kumoko is Demiurge in spider form.

Kumoko is literally a bug

Kumoko thinks with her stomach too much.

Demiurge does it because he looks down on others and enjoys watching people suffer, much like Overlord fans.

>Overlord fans
Are in hell for years now.

>spider
>bug
Back to biology class you go, you ignorant fool.

Same gross shit

Attached: 1541944773696.png (1500x1015, 1.25M)

Attached: based chicken.jpg (950x1351, 827K)

Attached: 1556254510787.jpg (792x815, 67K)