Isekai defense

Defend Isekai. Now.

Attached: 1471965167580.jpg (850x1202, 209K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/ibPQWyaY
youtu.be/pWHdQ3u1NQw
mangadex.org/title/22526/succubus-ni-tensei-shita-node-milk-wo-shiborimasu
youtube.com/watch?v=6gW5Ntt57Ak
youtube.com/watch?v=kE8kGMfXaFU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I like trash

Digimon was cool.

I like it and my opinion >>>>>> your opinion

Attached: 1558799296340.jpg (888x500, 170K)

it's occasionally mildly entertaining, which is enough for me

Attached: 1481925196334.jpg (576x463, 41K)

I like tits

Normalfags hate it so I love it even more

People most likely only hate isekai in a meta way

What is the base isekai series? Like the prime example of an isekai that could define the whole genre?

I fantasize frequently about being reborn as a non-human qt girl who has sex with monsters frequently.

only contrarians and the people who want to fit in hate it.Otherwise I get some decent entertainment out of the ones I've seen.

I like funny Isekais

Attached: x21.png (1439x2048, 1.23M)

No such thing. It's like saying "what's the prime, defining comedy series".

Isekai blends with science fiction, fantasy, romance, comedy, drama; it's one defining characteristic, transport to another world, is hugely open ended and varies based on what kind of world you travel to and how. The current crop of shows were inspired by what SAO did with it's VR world and hero concept and, while not actually isekai, was hugely instrumental in defining what the current generation of shows would look and feel like, although it clearly draws inspiration from older fantasy adventure isekai as well.

it worked for farscape

OP eternally btfo.

Sasuga mouthbreather-tier answer. Enjoy yourselves lads, at least you know you like shit but goddammit that doesn't stop you.

>It's like saying "what's the prime, defining comedy series".

The Office.

Sometimes I like a nice, filling, well prepared meal, and sometimes I want a McRib drowning in sauce made by the McDonalds C team covering the night shift at 1am.

Imagine taking isekai trash this seriously.

Fantasy is the pinnacle of fiction.

Isekai is wish fulfillment trash for edgylord incelf-insert power fantasy incel virgins who like overpower-fantasy'd incel MC's who are poorly written /literally me/ no-personality self-inserts with bad writing.

Just admit that you're trash that love trash who are below me in the caste system.

Attached: sistea.png (716x502, 404K)

You need to add modern to the start of that. Plenty of isekai from the 90s or earlier don't rely on the flawless self insert mc.

fuck I forgot to add "mary sue" or "gary stu"

fantasy and video game elements are cool. it can be entertaining too. so even if it's passable or bad that's something, I guess. it's not full bland normalfag bad.

my opinion >>>>>> your opinion. Go watch your anime "ironically" fedorafag

Attached: 1558804517282.png (1217x2114, 1.52M)

ok, but my point still stands.

I wanna fuck Mai!

Attached: x1.png (844x1200, 234K)

it can only work in one of 2 ways:
1) the MC is fucking pathetic
2) it's a comedy

so does my cock

Some of the best anime ever made were isekai, not my fault the current trend is towards the most generic kind imaginable. We've still had a few good recent ones though.

Attached: Digimon Adventure.jpg (427x320, 47K)

Concession accepted.
>caste system.
Back to india poo.

It's like McDonalds of fantasy. It's shit, but sometimes you just crave driving down the street at 3 am to pick up a cheeseburger.

Haha sure champ, run along now.

Reminder Muv Luv is Isekai

>food analogy
every time

How is it any worse than other anime?

fan service?

I would like to see a harem isekai where the MC produces guns with industrialized magic, raises an army of mounted auto-riflemen, conquers kingdoms and becomes the Genghis Khan or Attila of the fantasy world, spreading his glorious seed throughout the vast lands

Attached: altaic.jpg (1024x766, 208K)

im a self insert fag

Attached: PeepoSadIncel.png (342x298, 118K)

It's an easy shortcut to get to explain the rules of magic, cultural norms and laws and other stuff that the audience needs to know about a world. It let's you avoid having to have a narrator explain shit to the audience that the characters of the story should already know. Instead of having text on screen or a disembodied voice tell you information you have an excuse for the character to not know about it so the main character can ask the questions the audience wants to.

The only difference between it and so many of the other tricks writers use to get around problems in story telling is that you are aware of this one but don't recognize all the others.

Stop confusing "genre" with "writing style"

Tricks and techniques aren't writing styles. And Isekai isn't a genre either, at best it's a sub-genre.

Isekai sets up everything for you from characterization, development, world building and plot.
You literally cannot go wrong, the foundation is set so strong that anyone can write it and do a decent story telling job.

>Tricks and techniques aren't writing styles
You got a point there.
Still you're criticizing specific trends related to isekai, not the isekai genre itself

It gives those of us who hate our lives hope that we might be reborn into a new world new life with some possible great meaning or some shit. I gotta be honest that I'm pretty gimped and I so do hope that we reincarnate because I want a chance at a somewhat normal life. I'd honestly rather be a bit slow than crippled. I know plenty of guys who aren't particularly smart but live pretty good lives. What do I have pain suffering and the internet

Again, it's really not a genre. Most Isekai stories could function just as well without the Isekai element, you would just have to use different writing techniques for the set up of the story and initial characterization.

It's no different than having the main character be an orphan but you wouldn't call orphan a genre would you?

No, after you die, you'll live your live all over again from the start. It's an endless ride

You say tomato I say tomato

>you just have to change the setting and main character's personality and reason for being there itself bruh
retardo-kun please.

>Most Isekai stories could function just as well without the Isekai element,
poorly executed isekai stories

I like it. There.

>food analogy autist
every time

Ok. What do you think the word genre means then?

And I wasn't actually criticizing Isekai either, I was trying to defend the use of it as a writing trick. There's nothing wrong with using short cuts or tricks, pretty much all stories are full of them. You do run into the danger of being unable to enjoy movies or shows if you start recognizing the tricks and patterns, for instance most American TV shows are unwatchable for me because they are so damn formulaic. But the shows that stand out are the ones that subvert or reinvent those tricks and use them in new ways or sometimes just do them exceptionally well and those are enhanced by knowing the tricks and techniques employed.

You don't have to change the characters personality or the setting at all. You have to change how you introduce the audience to both of them, hence why it's a writing trick.

Can you name an Isekai story where it's essential to the plot?

>Ok. What do you think the word genre means then?
That's a good question, I guess it's what the story focuses on. With isekai's the focus of the story could be on anything other than the isekai element, making it a minor element of the story. I guess it is a sub-genre

i like villainess noble girls and isekai has an entire sub-genre dedicated to them

Attached: villainesses.jpg (3248x5492, 3.53M)

Yep, it will pretty much always be either fantasy or sci-fi as the primary genre.

Isekai stories where the MC's objective is to return to their world or culture from MC's world affects the other world or MC's world being at war with the other world.

Outbreak Company
Gate
Arifureta
Gunota(I guess)

I rarely see sci-fi isekai

The isekai part influences their personality, they would just be another person in the world otherwise.

Why do they do this?

They're not translated.

Haven't seen any of those shows so have no idea how essential to the plot it is in those stories. I guess I can only ask, what would change in the story if instead of trying to return to an entirely different world they were trying to return to a different part of the same world? You could be separated by continents or in the case of sci-fi be on different planets.

In the case of 2 worlds being at war, those kinds of stories are everywhere. The only unique thing about it being an Isekai there would be when the 2 worlds operate under different laws of physics so if it's say fantasy world vs sci-fi you have to go into detail how they interact. Like can the fantasy world only use magic in their own world or does their magic still work when they invade into the sci-fi one? And does the technology of the sci-fi world still work the same in the fantasy world?

that series was garbage. the only thing that somewhat saved it was the art

And what changes from being from another world other than having to explain all the rules of the world to the character and the setting? That's why I called it a trick, it lets the author organically explain to the audience the rules and culture without it having to be an opening narration. You can feed the audience the information they need to know when they need to know it instead of bringing them out of the story.

The best example I can give you is Lord of the Rings. I don't know if you've read the books or saw the movies but on the movie side there's a reason why the first movie spends the opening 6 minutes spoon feeding information to the audience. For the books Tolkien ended up writing an entire book to explain the intricacies of the fantasy aspects with how the magic works, what governs the races etc.

Shield Hero non isekai

The world is threatened by waves and for centuries four legendary beings have stood out to defend it from them. The four legendary heroes sword spear arrow and shield. Naofumi is a boy who grew up as a peasant in Melmomarc his father was killed by a wave event. Motoyasu is a noble who is childhood friends with Malty. Sword is the son of a blacksmith in the capital and arrow is the son of a serial killer and was raised by the church. Every few years the heroes are revamped meaning new ones are selected randomly from the Melmomarc population. It results in these four being the new heroes.

>Haven't seen any of those shows so have no idea how essential to the plot it is in those stories. I guess I can only ask, what would change in the story if instead of trying to return to an entirely different world they were trying to return to a different part of the same world? You could be separated by continents or in the case of sci-fi be on different planets.
It would probably be the same, but it will lose some elements that come with isekai that people might find interesting.

>In the case of 2 worlds being at war, those kinds of stories are everywhere. The only unique thing about it being an Isekai there would be when the 2 worlds operate under different laws of physics so if it's say fantasy world vs sci-fi you have to go into detail how they interact. Like can the fantasy world only use magic in their own world or does their magic still work when they invade into the sci-fi one? And does the technology of the sci-fi world still work the same in the fantasy world?
Those are too specific, it depends on the writer, but generally, I think the point of interest would be the fact that the opposing factions differ in technology(e,g. sci-fi/modern world vs fantasy world) and culture(How would people from a fantasy world react to/interact with a completely different civilization from a modern or futuristic world)

Well, for instance would Rising of the Shield Hero be classified as Sci-fi or fantasy? The heroes are summoned by magic but they have a gaming UI interface. They unlock skills and abilities more like a video game instead of being taught magic.

this

Fantasy, I guess, it's just magic with game-like UI. Sci-fi would include technology that utilize fictional [scientific phenomena]

Hence why it's not a genre but a writing trick to set up the story in an easy and quick manner. I want to highlight that I actually like Isekai as a setup. It lets the author explain the world they want to explore and the story they want to tell quickly and efficiently so we can get the story started instead of spending a long time on the set up.

The reason it gets made fun of a lot is that it's a very recognizable trick.

log horizon
but otherwise i agree with you, too few isekai actually bother using the fact that the protagonist actually had a life before getting truk'ed

it's just lazy, unskilled, or uncreative authors Who don't know what to do with their story or make it appealing so they resort to copying tropes that they liked from other stories an incorporating them into their own without considering the composition. It's like when an artist learning to render objects(because they look good) in their painting but then completely ruin it with awkward gestures or shit color harmony and value composition.

Not true for all Isekai stories though. Any writing technique or trick looks stupid when used by bad writers.

For instance, the movie The Matrix uses the same trick that Isekai stories use to set up the story which meant that instead of having a narration up front about how machine AI took over and enslaved humanity the directors instead get to slowly feed the backstory to the audience throughout the narrative.

No defense needed, fuck right off.

It's true for most isekai as far as Yea Forums is concerned, that's why a lot of people here have a prejudice against them

It makes normalfags and Yea Forums mad which is enough reason for me to enjoy it

There are way too many of these I haven't read. I need a title list.

pastebin.com/ibPQWyaY

Attached: ohoho.jpg (290x290, 44K)

That's mostly because it's bad execution of a trick or technique that makes people aware of it existing in the first place.

It's the "can never unsee" effect which is demonstrated in this picture (sorry in advance).

Attached: 086.jpg (933x554, 189K)

>i like fantasy
>i like elves
>i like ecchi
Perfect matchup if you ask me.

Attached: 1559275328294.png (676x689, 418K)

I like elves and beast girls.

I miss Reika

Most of them are garbage but a few of them have unique viewpoints only specific to isekai. It's interesting when some authors actually manage to write something good out of it.

Attached: 1504488344364.png (112x110, 28K)

Fun fact, this can be unseen, I forgot about this shit for ages until just now and will probably forget about it again quickly.

I won't, it sucks.

It has slavery, bringing to light some of the more horrible tragedies of the world's past when owning slaves used to be a normalcy and showing how horrible it is. Without isekai, the modern generation would have never learned about crop rotation, double entry book-keeping, or how horrible slavery was.

When are we going to get images of the hero's party? I want to see how hot Merryest and Loreiya are. And see how much of a faggot Hayato is.

Attached: 1520140339633.jpg (904x1380, 227K)

Why are so many kingdoms and empires in isekai fantasy named after their monarchs' family names? Was this common IRL because I can't think of many kingdoms where the monarch shares a name with the state.

People who unironically like trashy isekai are way worse than normalfags

not really, i guess Lichtenstein is an example of it though.

>Why are so many kingdoms and empires in isekai fantasy named after their monarchs' family names? Was this common IRL because I can't think of many kingdoms where the monarch shares a name with the state.
Yes this was common. A lot of kingdoms/empire derive their names/dynasties from their rulers. Ottoman Empire derives from Osman the First who lead the House of Osman (Ottomans in Turkish).

But to this some places derive their names not from their rulers, but from their place of origin/direction. The Austrian Empire (Translated as the Kaiser Osterreich) derived from Kaiser (Empire/Emperor), Ost meaning Each, and reich meaning Empire/Realm (Emperor's Eastern Realm) The Holy Roman (of the German Nation) derived its name from once controlling Rome, having the papal support, and having an emperor who controlled the different Germanic tribes.

What are some actually good and funny isekai? I tried reading the one "Eminence in the shadow" but the writing was so awful I couldn't get past the second chapter

Correction: *East and *Holy Roman Empire (of the German Nation)

Dunbine was pretty cool. Escaflowne was nice. El Hazard was enjoyable. Now and then, Here and there was a masterpiece. Even Zero no Tsukaima was good for what it was.

Is there anything worse than nostalgiafags who praise shit that's worse than modern isekai like ZnT?

Yeah it happens, but the most common thing is to just name your kingdom/empire after your tribe.

The Archmeniad & Sassanid Persian Empires, as well as the Diadochi states, the early Muslim Caliphates, and a few Mongol successor states such as the Timurids, are just a few examples of this.

there's also a trend of countries naming themselves after mythical figures, rome after romulus, russia after rus, el salvador after jesus

The fantasy setting they get isekai'd to is just a ploy so you can have all the girls wearing impractical, often skimpy, clothing.
Or they're a female in full armour which is even hotter.

How did isekaifags feel about Endro?

Attached: 1548039596465.jpg (1920x1080, 281K)

I'm unironically enjoying them and hopefully they're here to stay. Other anime aren't really needed.

Honobono Maou – 80% sol, 10% Hotline Miami, 10% Araki level 'smart' fights
Isekai Heiwa – 99% sol, 1% local Tzeentch is your new waifu.
Mahou Okureteru – actually good fights, protagonist isn't OP.
Tenbin ni kakeru – like previous one but more realistic and darker, rapes included, humans are easy prey.

Scarlet finally got a manga today.

Attached: 500x711 (21).jpg (500x711, 121K)

Attached: 500x711 (24).jpg (1000x711, 407K)

>500x711
Reminder that alphapolis has higher quality version available.

Attached: 1080x1536.jpg (1080x1536, 370K)

I'm an idiot, how? My ripper is only pulling the low quality version.

For doing it manually, open the page source, look for image urls and replace the resolution with 1080x1536. No idea if what ripper you're using can be adjusted to that.

Not here to defend isekai since I don't feel like I need to defend my preferences but I'd certainly like to see the authors of the genre try out some new things like:
>Taking out the RPG system and other game elements the fantastic elements can stay.
>Not making the protagonist a NEET.
>Not making the protagonist an otaku. If they really have to be an otaku, have them nerd out about something other than manga/anime/games etc. Maybe something that will give them practical skills and knowledge like geography, woodcraft or hell even economics.
>If the protagonist is a boy with a harem, give them AT LEAST ONE male party member, preferably more, so its not blatant harem bait and they have someone to talk about guy things without constantly blushing in embarrassment and stuttering. Vice versa if the protagonist is a girl.
>Not immediately giving them the ability to speak the new language of wherever they are dropped through a deus ex machina like a translation spell or an amulet, make them work for it.
>Not making the adventurer's guild the first choice at a job, there's a million other jobs you can have besides doing generic dungeon exploration and monster-hunting quests to earn a living, especially in a medieval fantasy setting where most jobs don't require a formal education. Hell, if they've managed to finish High School they are already more educated than the majority of the populace probably.
>Having more than one or two forms of government in the new world, the feudal period was pretty diverse in how different places were governed.
>Not making the setting's main religion either wholly good and pure or wholly a source of evil and corruption. To be fair this is not a problem exclusive to Isekai.
>Giving the protagonist and their party some more diverse weaponry than swords, bows and magic, where the fuck are all the pole arms for example? What about early firearms?

I could go on and on about the little things but you gotta stop at some point. Cheers.

Attached: 7bb45651ec579951b606297d61aeb475.jpg (500x419, 48K)

>3 fucking chapters translated
Back to my ching chong nip nong murder hobos while this goes in the backlog.

Isekai fight scenes are lame more often than not, which is why I prefer protags who rarely ever get into them or just wreck their opponents in 2 paragraphs so they can get back to politicking and planning

which ones are you currently following user?

>Most of them are garbage but a few of them have Aqua
I know, right?

Attached: 156905797417.gif (636x442, 487K)

I'm actually taking a break right now. I'm halfway into Summoning the Holy Sword MTL. At first I was doing it because I was craving TAS but wanted to savor TAS, so I figured MTLing Holy Sword is fine since I didn't see it as great, just sacrifice it for short term enjoyment.

I can't comment on TAS later but I found that Holy Sword was pretty enjoyable afterwards. Rhode is a true murder hobo unlike Brendel but at least he's ridiculously chad about it. I thought Lorist slayed pussy but Rhode is fucking insane. I didn't even bother keeping up with Qidian's version for now since it's a hassle but I worry about censorship given how sex heavy the story is not to mention it's very clear the translator just randomly localizes names like Moon Dukedom -> Munn Dukedom, or Leiya -> Lize, or Vivian -> Gillian. Normally I'd suspect the MTL is wrong but given how Leiya makes far more sense as a sister name to Lydia and that the QI translations tend to be pretty poor, I'll just assume for now they are going Treehouse mode.

But yeah, it's pretty enjoyable so long as you don't give a shit about Rhode always winning. One thing I really enjoy about it compared to TAS (so far at least) is that Rhode is not alone and summons clones of his guild mates so there's heavy chemistry in banter. But even if that were not the case, just Vivian alone already kinda fills that niche. Brendel has no one to really joke around with. You know that shit is funny when you can fucking laugh at it in MTL, and while the mysteries are nothing special it's still great to see that Rhode not only didn't see everything there was to the history of the game, but the fact that the game had players altered the course of the world both good and bad.

But yeah, it's got very good chemistry in relating to the MC's old life as an MMO player.

will check it out since I’ve been trying dabble into chinkshit lately.

If you haven't read it yet then I'd recommend QI's version first to catch up to speed otherwise you'll never understand the MTL. Of course if you can chink then that's totally different, you can even binge all of it then since it's long finished.

Any chinkshit with femMC and western names? Chink names just don't work for me.

There's one out there where the MC makes guns with magic and as such is super OP

ITS FUN AND IT HAS ELVES

Probably has to do with the trend that nowadays the focus seems to be on gag isekai, ‘slow life’ or very lighthearted ones that don’t take themselves seriously at all. So you really don’t have much in terms of serious fights. Same with ‘edgy’ isekai, these also don’t take themselves seriously in a way.
Then you have those with diary/mmo log type of writing where the scenes are devoid of any excitement.

In fact I don’t even remember the last time I could say ‘yea that fight was good’ when reading a narou isekai maybe if I don’t count some decent ones from Saihate, Mushoku and the like from way back in the day.

Probably but I don't know any. All the ones I've seen are cultivation/wuxia/gujian stuff. I mean let's put it this way, one of the chink otome webcomics currently being scanlated has an MC who is literally a cultivator in the 24th century. She is the final hidden cultivator on Earth and when she's finally undergoing tribulation to ascension her flying and lightning zaps attract the attention of her country's military who proceeds to shoot her down with a nuke because they think she's an enemy aircraft.

That's how she gets isekai'd into your typical chink otome storyline. When you go that far just to end up in another generic cultivation world, I don't think there's much hope for chink femMCs to isekai to western worlds currently. It's kinda reflected in how popular gujian live action shows are for chink women as opposed to nip women who don't really favor their historical tv counterparts anywhere nearly as much and usually end up watching the modern era series.

I mean chink women still love 3 kingdoms despite 3 kingdoms and journey to the west having a remake every year.

defend school setting

>ZnT
Zetsuen no Tempest???

This

Drop the gun part and Overlord is basically what you describe.

It addresses the problem, not says nothing about the solution. Literally no isekai MC ever suggested to end it.

Isekai isn't a fucking genre, it's a trope used to circumvent word building or character development

Louise's series you idiot

Slime did outlaw slavery.

>Isekai isn't a fucking genre
It literally is though, the word genre itself is already a pretty wide-encompassing term

Merriam-Webster Dictionary:
genre noun
\ ˈzhän-rə How to pronounce genre (audio) , ˈzhäⁿ-; ˈzhäⁿr; ˈjän-rə\
Definition of genre
1 : a category of artistic, musical, or literary composition characterized by a particular style, form, or content

Collins Dictionary:
"A genre is a particular type of literature, painting, music, film, or other art form which people consider as a class because it has special characteristics. "

Wikipedia:
"Genre (from French genre, meaning 'kind, sort') is any form or type of communication in any mode (written, spoken, digital, artistic, etc.) with socially-agreed-upon conventions developed over time"

And what are the defining characteristic of the Isekai genre?
>"Isekai (Japanese: 異世界, transl. "different world") is a subgenre of Japanese fantasy light novels, manga, anime, and video games revolving around a normal person from Earth being transported to, reborn, or trapped in a parallel universe."

Attached: 616815687.jpg (546x678, 83K)

Did you seriously copypasta definitions for this retard who has made it his mission in life to chimp out at isekai for over 5 years on Yea Forums non stop? I mean think about it, how long can someone angry at something complain before they get tired of it? What happens if they don't get tired of it? What if they pretend to be retarded and bait all day just so they can piss people like you off and feel better about themselves cause he gets off on the high that he wasted isekai readers time?

At least the shills on Yea Forums get paid to console war and shit, but this faggot hasn't even increased his vocabulary for years and uses the same ten arguments this half decade. Why would you bother? You should be bandwagoning his threads at best and ignoring him and instead talking about isekai to piss him off while enjoying yourself. Don't be silly and try to convince him, he never intended to change his mind in the first place. He just wants more (You)s.

>Villainess literally punched the Heroine in the face

That is so fucking satisfying

Attached: 20.jpg (1080x1536, 392K)

>Otome Villainess is actually evil and not a goody-two-shoe doormat

Needs more Villainess like this

Attached: 28.jpg (1080x1536, 434K)

I hold out until I see a good one. Its the same shit with Shonen Jump. They push out so much fucking garbage every week hoping it sticks, but I read it anyways hoping it will be good. If you thought the amount of Isekai's were bad, go buy a JUMP issue and find despair. Isekai looks like a little baby compared to that shit.

She's not evil, she just likes punching people and was fed up trying to hide it anymore

Well I'm a newfriend so you have to forgive me for not immediately recognizing the board's in-house shitposters.

Attached: 1307922622001.jpg (262x337, 14K)

His fox wife is pretty great, she makes scenes fun just by being there.

That makes sense then. Don't worry you hang around a few threads you'll recognize the faggot right away. You can easily tell because he likes to bait with posts that you can easily rebut which is how he gets the ball rolling.

I'm just confused why they haven't fucked, Vivian technically completed the deal and helped Leiya but Rhode can practically give everyone the dick but her.

>subgenres are the same as genres
Based retardbro

He's probably just bullying her.

I'm just waiting for this to backfire horribly on her.

Attached: ph_mobuseka03_ill001.jpg (720x1024, 142K)

what's isekai a subgenre of?

Fantasy oviously.

what about the non-fantasy isekai?

I still wonder how that resolution is meant to be accessed, and whether it's intentionally not more restricted. I don't wan't that resolution to disappear if they find out it isn't.

It's fun to watch. I know it's technically not isekai but I was able to watch 6 episodes of DanMachi last night. I'm also trying to watch Monster right now and I got through 4 and had to do something else because it felt like s bit of a slog.

This one's pretty good, I like the concept. It's surprising how charming how it is.

Adventure. They always explore their new world or learn something about it which is just regurgitated isekai jargon. 1x =100 yen 1x=10y=100z

How is something like otome isekai adventure?

>charming
You mean painful

>oh no i'm the villainess
>i need to avoid my destruction end
>i know, first i'll be nice to my brother so he doesn't hate me like in the game
>brother decides to rape her to make her his
well, i guess that's one way to diverge from the game story. all's well that ends well i suppose

So they still had to go for the purging route?

Attached: a88b93f8887727dba83fab66f1e61719IMG_743.jpg (1115x1600, 497K)

To be honest, fucking the dense MC sounds like the smartest option for otome leads.

It is a mostly whole new world that they will never explore and learn, but show off their superior Japanese skill.

Fucking a dense MC is almost always going to be best.

It does not. It's actually one of the best decision she makes since Cara is reliable.

Sauce?

Why did Mai Ball have to end so suddenly?

Attached: 1450397003001.png (380x296, 75K)

I wonder how she celebrated the CL win.

So now that Scarlet has a translated manga, can we agree she's the best villainess

Attached: b21.jpg (1080x1536, 1009K)

kotowaru

Who is the best obscure isekai protagonist?

Seems so

Attached: f22d6275abbce93590070af53e3abd8dIMG_739.jpg (1115x1600, 777K)

>suddenly
It didn't really feel sudden when it was about a year of translations for the last match.

Attached: x5.png (1674x1200, 801K)

Which manga is this?

Attached: 001.jpg (713x1024, 235K)

Was she a fight sexual when she was young to get that nickname?

Attached: b29.jpg (1080x1536, 983K)

Dantalian

Attached: Dantalian.png (284x328, 174K)

yes

Now that's an isekai title.

She beat the shit out of anyone who looked at her funny, so yes. The only reason she mellowed out is because she had to be a good fiancee for the shithead prince.

By what definition of obscure are you using? Obscure in these threads or obscure in his world?

Leigie. Though calling him a protagonist doesn't really feel right.

She's got stiff competition in Rachel.

>trying to use basic reasoning on a retarded prince

Attached: political marriages.png (992x606, 659K)

So what's next for her?

She's just doing her job, the prince being a jealous retard isn't her problem.

After the backstory, her brother bursts in and interrupts her beating the shit out of the prince to warn her that it's a really bad idea to beat up royalty.

She ignores him and does it anyway.

She turns the prince's face into mashed potatoes.

It's a pretty cool isekai.

MCs got isekai'd into a world and had to do "quests". They got a Job system to make them stronger. But their main cheat is to revive continuously unless all of them are killed under a minute.

Despite all of that, they are not OP at all and their chances of failures are pretty high. If they fail the quests which are getting more and more complicated, they all die. Worse, they are getting power creeped by some locals because of time skips.

Attached: x2.jpg (1900x1364, 835K)

Me once I jump in front of truck-kun or his cousin bus-san.

what about train-sama

reminder that SAO hate will always come full circle

Attached: expanding sao.png (500x1214, 204K)

the true progression ends with forgetting SAO even exists until someone brings it up in an isekai thread and people argue about how it's not isekai

>All the best villainess girls are natives, not isekai'd JKs or office ladies

who could have foreseen this

Attached: b20.jpg (1080x1536, 878K)

Truth, at this point the first thing I think of when someone mentions VRMMO things I think Dendro because Dendro is actually fun. As far as SAO goes I only really care about LLEN and her buddies.

>forgetting Sonia

that's because they retain their villainess-ness, instead of having a jap possess them and give them a sudden personality overwrite that turns them into a goodie twoshoes who just wants to make soap and essential oils

The Abyss Killer is pretty cool though.

Sasuga

Attached: 008.jpg (1124x1600, 402K)

Game mechanics are trash. OP main characters are trash. Others are ok.

I like OP main characters bust most of them are overpowered for pointless reasons or the author doesn't know how to handle them with the story

Lets not forget China.

Just finished reading 6 volumes.

>Drugs and mafias quest in Isekai Mexico is harder and more fucked up than volcano erupting, dragon reviving survival war with an orc clan
So how is author going to top those quests? What's next?

Attached: Quest.jpg (1276x601, 460K)

People who ironically like thinks are worse than both

>isekai
>nothing about the old world is relevant
>MC does not get homesick
>no culture shock
>no difficulty adapting
>no shock from their sudden death/reincarnation/teleportation
>old world never mentioned again
>somehow has an easier time in this sudden foreign world than their old one
what's the point of making it an isekai?

Attached: 1550447006797.png (500x507, 105K)

I fucking hate this world and want to go to another.

The patrician isekai

Attached: 0001-001.png.jpg (1125x1600, 295K)

>saves a giant jew nose just to samefag bait
To think jews are so greedy they won't even allow the goyim to fantasize about another world.

Play that old game from Xuse, forgot the name but it had all of those iirc

FPWP

SAO isnt isekai because you dont really go into another world, a digital world is still inside the real world dumbass.

There is one, tho.

What are some fun shamelessly edgy isekai like Kino Seeker and Kino Healer, I need more of that

Game of Familia

There are no others.

Kaifuku
Nidome no Yuusha

jokes on you, I'm getting on the first public flight to mars

Arifureta, and it's also getting adapted next season

Arifureta loses most of its edge pretty quickly though

chuunishit isn't that bad either

The edginess gets treated as a comedy thing after the first dungeon

So you already have the money cheat?

China actually had never an imperial family that had the same name as their respective dynasty. The Han dynasty for example had Liu as the imperial family after the founder of the dynasty, Liu Bang. Only Liu Bang and his successive emperors were allowed to carry the name of Han after ascending to the throne, while every other member of the imperial family, even the crown prince was not allowed to carry that name.

Didn't watch it.

>I still wonder how that resolution is meant to be accessed,
Yes. It is meant to be accessed. The site hands your computer that resolution and tells your computer to downscale it to a reasonable size to display on a monitor.

Is it a paid feature of something? The site serves me 500x711 images without any scaling.

Don't listen to that guy. The 500x711 and 1080x1536 images are separate files.
I don't know what's meant to use that file but I doubt you are.

Get in line!

Attached: meme team.jpg (1083x1600, 309K)

Attached: real meat.jpg (851x1200, 260K)

Too many manga are still using upscaled 500x711, but there is the possibility of access to that being discovered by alphapolis with greater use and it being removed if it's not intentional.

>mfw upscaled bertia
/ak/ did this with gate too, and it's just
why

Attached: 1375445733997.jpg (600x600, 143K)

>My name is Gula Gluttony
Man now I can only imagine Gula in Seol's world looking like this.

Attached: 4-2.jpg (1046x1536, 230K)

Gate is one where at least the artist might notice the higher quality raws being used, but I wish they would start using the better version. I keep hoping for it to improve each month or however long they take, but it hasn't changed yet.

Attached: 02.jpg (1080x1536, 405K)

>comments on scarlet ch 1
:apafrog:

Attached: dickwank.jpg (1392x446, 53K)

I don't know how that font choice is a problem. And what are they talking about with the crossbar use?

For some reason they want a way to distinguish I being used as a pronoun and I being used any other way by using | instead? I think it's legitimately autism from backseat cunts on a power trip.

Really the only difference is she has black hair and wears clothes.

Anyone got the pastebin to go with this image?

ZnT was great faggot.

yes

Attached: ohohohoho.png (127x352, 49K)

I'm retarded

Attached: 67967061_p5_master1200.jpg (873x1080, 345K)

it has great potential for cross breeding tropes and ideas from both fantasy and sci-fi.
it's a shame more series aren't trying to explore it's potential, let alone be anything more than shallow self inserts. well, a lot of early sci-fi was low effort writing too, so maybe there's hope.

Attached: 800px-Space_Western_40_pg00_fc.jpg (800x1141, 303K)

It's not that bad
it's just overused, and most stories are stupid

Well?

Attached: Minotaur7.jpg (950x1351, 417K)

bummer

Attached: y8.png (5192x7301, 2.59M)

I want to fuck Reika.

>named after their monarchs' family names
Nigger, it's the monarchs' family names that are derived from the land, not the other way around.

and she managed to prevent all of these inventions from leaking outside her territory. sugoi

Attached: k7.jpg (1174x1668, 1.17M)

i guess she just knows how to create everything
average fujo = master engineer

Attached: k9.jpg (1174x1668, 1.28M)

And thus Isekai was saved

Attached: Best isekai.jpg (870x695, 133K)

The contrast in quality between the novel and manga art is hilarious.

oh, she's able to recall anything just from having glanced at the blueprints once like roland, that's her cheat power

Attached: k13.jpg (1174x1668, 1.23M)

Kijikitits

No just lazy and gay.

>lemme me a null muh unga bunga with duke daughterfu and make my fiance a baron daughterfu
Nice decision there Ojii

Usually the heroines are supposed to be more special than those, like hidden princesses or choosen ones
A lot of villainess series seem to forget it for some reason

most otome heroine things happen because of extremely precise situations that if you weren't there to see it you wouldn't understand

To be fair, even if he's a stupid asshole, she might have justified his actions with what she did

Attached: b24.jpg (1080x1536, 929K)

Nah, reading the WN you realize that Scarlet was a fucking saint for not murdering him the day she met him.

Just broke 100 followers today minobro.

Attached: 1486488786799.png (784x720, 466K)

Why is the genderflip of the otome isekai premise so uncommon (basically nonexistent)?

That is, being reincarnated as the love rival/antagonist of an eroge?

Who is the audience?

It could be awesome if you had like a doctor going back in time to the black death or some shit. Some autistic fag who likes history going in any point in time. You could even have a story about special forces going back in Rome and trying to survive with their advanced technology, but limited supplies. Shit could be so cash

These guys aren't really otome targets

marie a shit

Attached: trash saint.png (680x693, 293K)

It has bulliable liches.

Attached: 1545117020999.jpg (1920x1080, 953K)

>tfw Leon and Marie end up interracting so much as siblings Leon's mom starts thinking Leon's father had a affair with Marie's mother

Drifters kinda does this

Salarymen, like your usual isekai

Honestly, this is the best defense of Isekai in this thread.

So, I know Maoyu(make me etc) manga isn't isekai, but does anyone if there are even raws around? No translations either
Don't make me buy the local editions please, even if they released the last two volumes

>tfw know all these plot developments and stuck waiting for TL
How come everyone and their mother seems to have read this series?

>Fujoshit spreading (outdated) modern tech in order to promote her sick hobby

Attached: k17.jpg (1174x1668, 1.36M)

SAO isn't an Isekai.

This is why the church burned books.

>tfw fujoshit's husband fucks her every night but she just wants him to be gay instead

Attached: k25.jpg (1174x1668, 1.19M)

I recently read through a VN with a fujo subheroine that you can romance. I liked her route best desu.

Attached: Sankaku1.png (1282x717, 1.25M)

>Even Luxon, the supposedly undefeatable endgame boss, would have been defeated by the love between the protagonist and the male capture targets, resulting in a happy ending.
Did I miss something about Luxon being a secret boss instead of a DLC cheat?

It can be good for passing time and that's about it, although there are some that are more worthy of your time but it's the minority

Does the modern generation not go to school?

I can't but I and everybody else will still watch it. That may make you feel good or bad but honestly nobody cares. Maybe not even you.

Attached: ezgif-3-9ccf8f0472e6.gif (384x216, 4.03M)

To be fair school doesn't teach you about crop rotation or double-entry book keeping. You mainly from public school get your math, science, language of your nation, and history.

Its only until college/career that the modern generation gets info on this shit and other specializations, but that won't last for long since the current generation can't pay for schooling and are lazy, ungrateful shits according to Boomers.

youtu.be/pWHdQ3u1NQw
I am late but updated!

>I can't even write more than 1000 words a chapter
How do they do it?

Attached: minotauring.jpg (1900x1364, 1.47M)

Every chapter I write is like a miniature arc with their own goals. For example, in chapter 1 of my isekai litrpg my goal was to introduce the main character, the world, and the stat system. MC is easy because its written in first person so your write how the MC sees the world from their perspective. Stat system comes next by throwing in a basic encounter and the world is introduced at the end when the MC realizes hes in the video game's world.

Bit of a basic summary but the main thought process is there.

I want Scarlet to step on me and call me scum

>but that won't last for long since the current generation can't pay for schooling and are lazy, ungrateful shits
They can't pay because government backed student loans let universities hike prices as much as they would like and still expect people to find the money.
If they don't last for long it will be because most degrees except hard sciences and engineerings have stopped actually preparing students for the workforce.

I watch the ones I'm interested in and find that It's enjoyable. They're not the fucking best shit ever but it's fun and I don't force myself to watch all of the isekai that come out.
What do I need to defend, anyways? Do you guys force yourselves to watch shit you don't like or something? Why?

Attached: 1507964031643.jpg (1146x631, 136K)

Attached: gpy1brqrm0911.jpg (419x632, 69K)

Thanks, gonna go check em

sekai game if you're into absurd glitch mechanics

WN MTL, not like the LN changes by much

>asking a yandere servant to stay by her side forever

Attached: y11.png (5213x7326, 2.79M)

DEMONIC JEW HIPS

Attached: 61.jpg (1045x1536, 147K)

>I'm gonna take your huge ass sword to pay off 0.000001% of your debt, goy.

would you subjugate this succubus?

Attached: A4.png (1510x2148, 656K)

I would succubus a subjugated people.

where is this semen demon from?

entering mutually beneficial employment contract
>MONEY GRUBBING JEW
literally buying people as work horses and/or sexual toys
>IT IS THE NATURAL ORDER OF THIS WORLD

her wanted poster didn't capture her likeness exactly
mangadex.org/title/22526/succubus-ni-tensei-shita-node-milk-wo-shiborimasu

Attached: A1.png (1510x2148, 562K)

t. normalfag

The App uses the 1080x images by default and since they're hosted at the same place you can simply rename the URLs from the browser viewer.

this series is such a fucking meme

Attached: k21.jpg (869x1236, 521K)

Was it not obvious from the start? Guy is:
a jap
his class is assassin
his clothes are black
his fucking katana is black
its fucking name has a darkness and night motif
And that's as far as I went.

he also has 200IQ

Attached: completely avoidable situation.jpg (1756x3602, 2.18M)

Just write. What is the goal of the chapter?
>To escape from the first floor.

Write to that goal.
>Several paragraphs later, he escaped by running up the steps and to the outside world.

If you focus on word length than your not doing good. Also have you not wrote essays before?

Oh yeah, guy had a chance to solve the plot by just fucking killing the king and princess but he just didn't do it because fuck it, he just didn't feel like it.

The art remind me of mob otome’s manga. Scarlet looked like Anjie here.

Am I the only one that thinks Scarlet has great lips?

They both share the same hairstyle.

Attached: 1557510424510.png (836x1200, 882K)

>stealth assassin exposing himself
>fails to stealth kill two threats
>gets others killed
>run away
>elf joins
shit

The two latest translated Grimgar volumes are like a fucking acid trip. I want some of the mushrooms the author ate.

But does Anjie share the same desire to beat the shit out of retarded princes?

Anjie is too nice to ever even consider doing something like that personally, it's basically her biggest flaw.

I wish his nephew would just tell him the truth but I'm pretty sure the uncle would just erase his own memories again if he knew.

And she's the villainess of the game? Wow she's worse that the typical 'isekai'd villainess' doormats because she's a native

Scarlet's everything is great.

Maybe it's just how she fights, but she also reminded me of Annie.

Welp, Hyakuren copped out. Seven volumes of "nuh uh can't fuck bitches cuz muh obamajimmy" the writer turned 360 degrees and said "well actually harem is fine too"

Attached: i.png (1184x827, 125K)

>Awful LN art
>Comparatively amazing manga art

This seems backward

pretty much, the heroine was actually a horrible person in the original game who ruined the lives of a lot of women who really didn't do anything to deserve it.

No, it's from some comic that printed a list of DOs and DON'TS about lettering(typesetting).

I don't really recall what it said, but they just want the | to be big.

Maybe its time
To
Write your own
bull.jpg

So basically another case of author doesn't know about otome games?

no u

Attached: The Twelve Kingdoms.mkv_snapshot_00.13_[2019.05.27_15.14.05].jpg (1440x1080, 157K)

None of these stories represent otome games even closely, to the point where it doesn't really seem as if they're trying.

it creates unusual juxtapositions more than other genres

The author doesn't know otome games or otome isekai. The whole setting is just a cheap bait so that people read his stuff.

MC was not so okay iirc. Mitsuki was alright somehow, but she was also Rifa in her past life even she didn't know fully about it yet.

You could remove 'otome' from that sentence and it would be just as true.

She'll light them on fire with magic, not beat the shit out of them. This becomes a lot more apparent later on.

Attached: 1553885883712.jpg (960x682, 120K)

>Mob marries both Heroine and Villainess

Honestly I just see it as part and parcel a microcosm of the problem with the Japanese animation industry as a whole so we're just left with a bunch of hack novelists that only know how to operate within established conventions and try their best to at least manage the pretense of subverting said convention. There's no legit fucking fresh talent in this industry anymore and nobody seems to really give a shit either cause the fanbase just doesn't seem to have any sort of standards anymore and is composed of people that all seem brand fucking new to anime coming off of social media post 2015 where anime memes seemed to get a massive blip in popularity. This has kind of allowed the industry to essentially rerun on a generation of established popular convention in the latter half of the 2010's that under normal circumstances should have trended out with the core audience a few years ago but instead has resulted in the anime industry feeling like it's somehow managed to do absolutely nothing that truly stands out at least the start of the decade if not earlier.

The type of fan that is just interested in meme fuel will literally just eat the same mediocre shit up over and over again as long as it has the right names and tropes attached to it to work from. Admittedly I don't even really watch late night seasonal anime or stuff based on light novels anyway anymore because I feel like I've already seen everything it has to offer already and that's not even just limited to Isekai. I'm not really into making memes either so a lot of these shows that clearly rely on trying to jump start them do very little for me.

That's about the best "defense" I can muster for Isekai in that it's really just the most noticeable symptom of a much larger problem, namely that anime kind of blows and we keep getting the same essential "popular" shows every season.

>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH THEY DON'T CATER TO ME AND I WON'T WATCH OLDER SHOWS OR NEW ONES THAT HAVE WHAT I WANT WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Also yeah Isekai isn't the problem per se, it's hack Light Novel writers telling the same basic unimaginative stories set in generic JRPG fantasy realms with hot waifus and wish fulfillment arcs with shitty edgy twists thrown in at regular intervals to give the pretense that they aren't. Like if I wanted that why don't I just play a B-Tier JRPG by Idea Factory since it's the same basic concept in an inherently superior medium of entertainment.

I'm not going to lie you sound like a faggot.

What's with all the absolutely sad sack depressive fucks in the anime community these days anyway? I mean I get how it can attract that sort of person, but I don't remember it ever being this noticeable as the expectation of the core anime fan in prior decades.

how do I unsubscribe from your blog

So like the vast majority of anime/manga created post 2011?

based

People that just say random contrarian shit without anything to back it up whenever it feels convenient?

Idea Factory games are terrible enough that even a shitty isekai novel is a preferable alternative to them.

Now make a thread asking people to praise Isekai so that people will shit all over it. You literally need to handle the anime fanbase like a collection of 2 year olds that will want to do the opposite of anything you suggest.

Is he doing an isekai now?

Yeah okay, thanks Yea Forums. I'm sure everyone in this thread truly believes all the things they write and it's not just a sliding scale of contrarian bullshit. I forget that aspect of this board every time I try to browse it somehow.

In retrospect I agree, what's the point. Too goddamn much effort for this place.

Don't be upset, user.
Frowns don't look good on you.

Attached: blessing of chi.jpg (1080x614, 40K)

It's funny, for all Yea Forums and others complain about they never appreciate or notice series like this.

I still don't get how Mitsuki and Rifa are supposed to have the same face. Does that mean Mitsuki looks like a Nordic? Or does that mean Rifa looks like an Oriental?

As far as Japanese are concerned the only thing that makes them look different from Europeans is black hair and eyes. There's lots of isekai where black hair and eyes = isekaied Japanese person. Apparently Japanese people never met any Spaniards or Italians.

>random Bokura no Kiseki update
>read chapter
>already forgot most of the story
Welp, time for another reread

Also it's still scary to see someone changes this much from the remembering.

Attached: A11.png (1133x1600, 547K)

How would you know? You shouldn't just make assumptions about other people

It's almost like Yea Forums and by extension your average weeb is kind of full of shit and says one thing but does another as needed to get through given situations.

You're browsing Yea Forums, chances are nothing looks good on you.

>Welp, time for another reread
The bloated cast, with everybody being two persons on top of that, was a mistake.

You mean people in general.

There were a few hints around a lot earlier but it looks like Eugene really fell in love with Veronica in his own way. Rida sure had a lot of rivals.

Author is doing great work so far with that actually. The problem is the slow ass translation speed.

Attached: 10147_original.jpg (800x574, 386K)

Oh shit the husband is bisexual and his servant is gay

Fujoshit wife and maid's dream come true

Attached: p-105.png (1351x1920, 1.54M)

fujo bait/yaoi isekai anime when?

Look at that disgusting degeneracy

Attached: p-119.png (1351x1920, 2.04M)

>pretty much, the heroine was actually a horrible person in the original game who ruined the lives of a lot of women who really didn't do anything to deserve it.
Where'd the fuck you get that when the story can't stop fawning over how nice and wholesome she is?

all that stuff marie did by following the script was stuff olivia did unironically in the original timeline

Marie did speed up getting the Saint relics because she wanted the political clout and money.

Attached: 1545759352314.png (836x1200, 679K)

Olivia is basically a xianxia heroine, she returns kindness and enmity tenfold.

She absolutely will shit on your parade if you become an enemy of hers.

>tfw you'll never uncover the Ancestral Nugget and become the ruler of all Slavs

This isekai is pretty fun so far

Attached: 91PhB20Y9sL._SL480_.jpg (320x480, 47K)

doesn't change the fact that in the alternative timeline where leon stops marie from interfering and in the original timeline anjie has her love stolen by olivia, life ruined and has to live the rest of her life in the boonies being fucked by a faceless fat dude.

They might still have nuggets since Leon uses a bolt action.

Attached: Ch 3 p 10.png (836x1200, 603K)

I wish Tanaka's TL could catch up to the current LN content already.
these are mantits mod-san

Attached: 1537610391669.jpg (633x881, 257K)

You shits better be working on your isekai so that it can be adapted by a Jap one day.

How yuri is it?

No point if you can’t get a really good nip artist to do the character designs and art.

she's not evil btw even in those scenarios, while she ruined lives it really wasn't her fault. her reverse harem members being quick to cheat and so retarded even marie struggles to rein them in probably holds most of the blame in doling out those undeserved destruction ends.
marie cucking olivia was somewhat heroic for stopping olivia from becoming an unintentional cunt
i guess in a way, marie is a heroine

Attached: ph_mobuseka02_ill010.jpg (1350x1920, 295K)

But why does only one of the two have them?

Prologue 1 part 1 is up after the wait.

Attached: 1553565785611.jpg (1350x1920, 348K)

Nip artist are cheaper than western artist. There is tons you can recruit from Pixiv.

i wonder how much it would cost to have a jap translate your isekai into japanese so you can post it on narou

Was there an actual afterstory that the author wrote out or was this just implied

You should hire a complete nip proxy and become super successful and then reveal yourself as a burger for all the faithful nips to cry in xenophobic horror when they fapped to burger anime

Attached: 1534270756811.png (1600x900, 1.48M)

ShindoL is a Burger through

I'm talking burger like pic related looking

If the story is good enough and the girls are hot/cute the Nips won't care. No Game No Life was made by a Brazilian ffs.

implied, we know in the game after she loses the duel against the heroine she's forced into being with an ugly man from the countryside

Attached: png.png (1247x98, 8K)

We need more NTR in isekais.

Attached: 004.png (598x1807, 854K)

Isn't that the cuck?
That had some dude knock up his wife? Or was I baited?

No that's pretty accurate.

>He had some guy fuck his wife
Why? Was it legit he and wife are just friends shit?

She is interested in him, but she's not his wife.
The two reasons behind it is first, her race stops aging after pregnancy and he was still a little kid of a race the grows very very slow so she decided to do so that she wouldn't be an old hag by the time he becomes an adult, and secondly her race doesn't have monogamy so she doesn't see any problems with getting pregnant then saving herself for him.

From what I remember he basically fimds his waifu, hot as fuck dark elf , wifes her and then gets someone to knock her up, even giving her super fertility drug or something, apparently its true.

Bruh

Attached: img.png (289x268, 7K)

Show me a cooler webm
Protip: you cant

Attached: 1548479280275.webm (1280x720, 1.78M)

If anything, it's actually the sperm donor who's being NTRred.

The sperm donor isn't losing anything. He fucked a dark elf, cucking the man. If he had simply ejaculated on top of her vagina or they used a turkey baster, then yeah he's been cucked.

but why even other than autism

what a shitshow

Attached: 1514765611713.gif (243x230, 379K)

comic typesetting has been pretty standardized for decades now. seeing text aligned to left instead of center is sorta distracting. it's kinda like seeing people ignore the dictionary spellings of words when writing a novel. i can stlil raed it but it taeks a secnod to adujst to

Attached: Comicraft_DosDonts_onepage_v1-e1513115367640.jpg (470x427, 67K)

the dude I posted is advocating the opposite of what this is

>Use crossbar I for I pronouns and normal I for anything else
He's advocating for exactly that. And from what I see in the chapter, I pronoun switches from crossbar I to normal I randomly (or font dependently?)

Attached: b14.jpg (1080x1536, 669K)

it's just random

Attached: i.png (486x299, 81K)

hmm, I see.

Your honor my client would like to plead guilty.

Slave harem is a good trope

In real life you are pathetic boring shit, but in isekai you tough guy.
For what purpose?

What the fuck are they all saying? I don't understand a word
youtube.com/watch?v=6gW5Ntt57Ak

Attached: yue2.png (536x479, 196K)

>no Shizuku
It's shit.

My princess turned 18 oy.

Attached: 1556472041968.png (720x3000, 2.42M)

What do you guys think about HCLW?

Attached: 829c82fbb7b8d51ef33149d832399f6a.jpg (689x1197, 233K)

Why is the english transalation for this so slow?

Attached: truck kun btfo.jpg (1426x2048, 1.08M)

the guy has to actually care for it to be NTR.
the only person Van wants to fuck is his mom.

Yeah, guy even gave her a pure virgin body now.

Is there an isekai where the MC is a lanklet?

i wish i had a cute all-powerful dragon mom

Attached: exclubber.png (1025x517, 571K)

>gets cucked by a rabbit

I'm a sadomasochist, the thought of an OP fucker ripping through all politics and trials like tissue gets me off.

It's alright, the lack of consistency in game mechanics is a major turn-off for me though

Attached: Infinite Dendogram (1).jpg (1251x1748, 546K)

Yet, it is still so damn good. I wonder why it doesn't have an anime.

>Japanese MCs create guns with industrialized magic all the time, but don't conquer anything
>Chinese MCs conquer shit all the time, but the powerlevels are so inflated that guns don't do shit

What about Russian/American MCs?

I love the concept of the tensei sub-genre

person reincarnating with all their memories seems to have never been done before this trend

how shameless are their powerfantasies?

>servant is gay because nobles with ulterior motives keep shoving fiancees down his throat

Attached: p-026.png (1125x1600, 2.03M)

There's no shame in glorious conquest, user

Because sometimes I get wholesome moments like these that give me warm feelings, thus staving off suicide for another d ay.

Attached: 0009 - Y9.png Y9.png (1350x1920, 2.19M)

Attached: NEET dakedo Hello Work ni Ittara Isekai ni Tsuretekareta - Ch. 12 PAGE 10.png (1350x1920, 1.81M)

Man, this is a far ways off isn't it?

Angie might be nice, but she's also a hot head. She would have burned herself out if Leon hadn't changed how to get revenge, by becoming happy despite the wrong.

Any time cooking / food gets brought up I just immediately hate it. It's so shit in every moment I see it in most isekai. Especially in a manga since it feels more like a way to burn page requirements since you can use 3-4 going "SUGOI!" or muh fatty mayo and some other bullshit.

Attached: 1548601774683.png (844x816, 580K)

Why aren't there any tokusatsu isekai? It's fucking perfect to justify typical MC cheats?
>MC is a hero already gone through dozens of toy-shilling upgrades
>JUSTICE Showa personality for typical goody two shoes
>edgy early Heisei for edgy heroes
>already fight all sort of freaky kaijins in his world so none of your typical fantasy monsters even phase him anymore.

Attached: 74114661_p0.jpg (600x849, 294K)

What if you Release That Witch?

>american MC
>recreate cutting edge 19th century society
>society reverts to primitive 6th century society because you tipped your fedora too hard and pissed off the catholic church who set about destroying everything you achieved
>die alone

Attached: Connecticut_Yankee4_new.jpg (700x700, 370K)

>“Everything was buzzing, so everyone went buzzing.”
Scarlet is love, Scarlet is life.

Cute elf.

Attached: w10[1].png (1351x1920, 754K)

I'd like to imagine that Scarlet and Rachel would get along famously

>girl gets isekai'd as a otome villianess
>villainess' will overpowered the girl, gaining the girl's memories and retaining her evil personality
>meanwhile the girl's subconscious is trapped within the villainess with no control and see things in 3rd person
>villainess use her new found knowledge for her own selfish gains and to destroy the heroine's life completely as the trapped girl's subconscious helplessly watch the event unfolds

>she still died horribly in the end

What if you tipped your fedora just the right amount?

>the isekai'd girl is forced to help the villainess with her scheme to avoid her own death

So Haunted Duke's Daughter?

>girl isekai'd as the Villainess becomes a doormat
>heroine is the real evil cunt

Why do otome isekai keep doing this?

I hate position swaps. 'Heroines' just ended up playing Villainess roles.

Every form of entertainment is an escape of the boring life.
Isekai is peak escapism.

>it's an another heroine is the cunt, villainess did nothing wrong
Wait this is more of a shoujo?, I am not seeing any otome or isekai synopsis

Can more people than her visit? Moving seems like it would be safer.

Attached: w6.png (1351x1920, 994K)

Elf-san seems to having fun with her not quite boy friend

>demon god's fuck toy end
That's a bad end for sure. The original girl soul might be in danger actually.

Attached: x19.jpg (1115x1600, 511K)

I'd like to see more isekai/reverse isekai combinations done like that. Will he end up with a harem being brought between worlds?

Attached: p0105.jpg (1440x2150, 854K)

Not content with the common misnomer of "longsword", the translator of Kingdom's Bloodline has chosen to be a bit more creative.
One of the soldiers is dualwielding "pikes".
One guy is using a sword that is "slightly smaller than a hand-and-a-half sword". To be exact, the sword is as long as his forearm.

Cute elf, spineless and bland protagonist.

Only if you go for the harem route.
I assume going for the prince alone would be the canon route that Olivia would have otherwise taken.

In today's episode of Genderbent Chink Weaboo Samurai Lily starts getting horny from murdering a couple hundred monkeys.
>Not only that, Lily felt that if she took in any more of these red-colored Spirit Power, her body would get hotter and hotter. Her face was also becoming redder over time and her entire body was dripping wet with sweet-scented sweat. Even the parts that were not supposed to be sweating were getting wet

Attached: Demon-Sword-Maiden_new.jpg (550x678, 133K)

Is this reverse isekai?

It's both isekai and reverse isekai.

>hero becomes villain, villain becomes love interest, love interest becomes hero
>hero becomes lover interest, love interest becomes villain, villain becomes hero

>hero and villain swap, love interest still the same person
>love interest and villain swap, hero still the same person

I had to drop it because the author was more interested in describing the protagonist than telling the story.

Every chapter there's at least one mention of Lily's huge tits and her sweat making people horny.

Mushoku tensei.

It is pretty obvious that the writer is writing this with one hand in their pants. This is one of those things that would benefit from a good artist but considering its chink and the fact that the chinese thought police would clamp down in this hard if it ever got a manhua version it ain't even happening.

I'll call it "commutative isekai"

I'd call it great.

Lewd

Attached: x16.jpg (1115x1600, 356K)

whats this now

>Start reading Summoning the Holy Sword
>Rhode wakes up, kills a boss, cheers up an angel girl by bitch slapping her
He may not give me the chivalry boner Brendel does but hes without a doubt a fucking CHAD

Rhode is a stone-cold chad, his only flaw is that he's a bishounen.

Dark souls isekai

My men.

Attached: 1558686389998.jpg (1115x1600, 466K)

Any episodic Isekai? Preferably a journey type.

Attached: A47D7082-C7E9-4A80-80B0-FE1E899C66A5.jpg (750x1062, 131K)

The Bathroom Goddess

This seems really good, reminds me of Sono Bisque Doll, I hope it does well

> Also yeah Isekai isn't the problem per se, it's hack Light Novel writers telling the same basic unimaginative stories set in generic JRPG fantasy realms with hot waifus and wish fulfillment arcs with shitty edgy twists thrown in at regular intervals to give the pretense that they aren't.

It's gotten so bad that now it's a running joke in media. It's nasty.

God fucking damn it

Attached: 31.jpg (1438x2048, 758K)

>you see her grave next

youtube.com/watch?v=kE8kGMfXaFU

>They didn't immediately go fuck somewhere private.
Jap MCs I swear.

Too busy and she is married already

>and she is married already
Yes and?

Should have fucked her before the quest ended so he'd leave a heroic bloodline.

Also would make things that much more tragic.

Is DanMachi isekai?

Attached: P000de.png (2048x3618, 2.94M)

The gods are heavily implied to be isekai'd, so it's native

native isekai

This is my favorite isekai now.

Attached: murabito desu ga-.jpg (1900x1350, 2.07M)

I want an anime to see all the action in motion.

Attached: desu.jpg (950x1363, 818K)

That's good enough for me.

Attached: P000a.jpg (1434x2048, 127K)

Why is male power fantasy so bad?

That's some amazing Hestial there.

Why is female power fantasy so bad?

Not. A. Thing.

From volume 15. Preview only. Volume in a week.

Attached: P000bc_99.jpg (5000x2048, 3.47M)

Girls can't into kingdom building and no one wants used goods mcs going around fucking men unlike alpha male mcs.

>and no one wants used goods mcs going around fucking men
I'd totally read a story where the MC uses her vagina to obtain political power.

The Empress' Livestream is fine.

ahem

Attached: maria.jpg (595x841, 130K)

>short
Get back to me when somebody manages to write a decent full series like that.

endo and kobayashi's commentary manga is up

Attached: R20.png (650x918, 360K)

Attached: R32.png (650x918, 396K)

>Read homebrews
>Some of them are alright and better than most wn that get adaptations.
Feels bad.

You guys still do the homebrew thing here?

which ones are decent user?

Lucid, Skeleton King, Draco Pater, and The Dark Lands. Racism in Another World and Heal Slut got a laugh out of me, but I still need to read the others.

Just ask the minotaur

Self wanking is one of the worst type of wankings

Start writing or you're not allowed to criticize isekai since it's so easy to write.

Normalfags love it and youre one of them too.

>you have to be a writer to criticise writing
gay

Otome isekai finally has its meta series

That's right now show me your series since writing isekai is so easy.

This both has me interested in picking it up and also dropping it before I even start.
Someone help me here.

Attached: 1316731787223.png (348x348, 38K)

How long before this girl rapes the MC?

Attached: X11.jpg (950x1363, 754K)

Why is such good art being wasted on a series so garbage?
Seriously it's been a while since I've read an isekai this bad and my standards are terribly low.

>he thinks the quality of the writing matters
It's all luck of the draw. Or you could be Dendro and have a editor that's fucking obssesed with you to the point where he's literally setting his money on fire to promote and publish it.

The mc is a bit hard to place, I genuinely feel like he's 100% autistic since he doesn't have much empathy. Waifus get dropped and abandoned all the time.

>Good art
lmao

>Or you could be Dendro and have a editor that's fucking obssesed with you to the point where he's literally setting his money on fire to promote and publish it.
Excuse me? Full story please.

>only six chapters in
>waifus get dropped and abandoned all the time
what the fuck is going on in that manga?

Pump and dump.

The only reason Dendro got a good LN artist, got a manga drawn by Imai Kami and had a twitter campaign with 50~ artists making art for it was because the editor is a huge fan of the WN.

He's a genuine misanthrope without being edgy. It's interesting, I feel like the author kind of forget he's still a kid though.

>skeleton king
im interested, how good is it?

Rock band member is trucke'd, become a powerful earth wizard and create rock nd roll with his band of golems

Attached: 41085418541854.png (273x188, 58K)

How Thales can be so fucking awesome. I love this guy.

Two tops.

>Guy upset that he was raped by a girl

What a fucking faggot, he should be happy that he even had sex in the first place

Being raped by a girl is the least of his problems, beleve us.