36 episodes into One Piece

36 episodes into One Piece

Does the pacing ever get better?

Attached: Screenshot_20190604-165605.jpg (1408x1077, 462K)

Other urls found in this thread:

onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/4Kids_Entertainment#Story_Changes
onepace.net/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no
read the manga

No
Toei notoriously pads out One Piece.
It only gets worse instead of better

Exactly what I didn't want to hear

It's great until the timeskip where toei sucks your balls off dry.

>wanting to watch an 800+(?) ep series with probably a decade or more to go of incoming eps
>complain about pace
some of the movies i watched are shortened variants with slight changes, just about anyone are probably better off with those

250 episodes in.
it does not.

where can you find such things?

>36 episodes in
>Thinks the pacing is bad now
OH BOY

shit scribbles for babies

FUCK TOEI

Jesus christ, I could barely make it through ONE episode of that garbage; I can't imagine sitting through 36. That sounds like torture. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
NO

The pacing at the beginning is one of the fastest. Once they reach the Grand Line, everything is broken up into major "arcs" of about 30-50 episodes. Think about that. Most shows don't even HAVE 30 episodes. Really high quality shows will sometimes have 2-4 cours where you get 26-52 episodes for an entire big story from start to finish. Dragon Ball Z only had like 300 episodes. One Piece is on an entirely different class of show with a retarded amount of episodes. I like One Piece, and am amazed it is as good as it is for being so long, but the pacing is probably the absolute worst aspect of the show.

ha. No.

It's actually not a bad adaptation, but the pacing is fucking awful.

I'll never watch One Piece

Attached: 1e765e045a4a9a5c5dd51f9c9245651054ff6c3f.png (930x718, 447K)

Could be worse, depending on your definition of episode it's not even in the top 10 animated shows in Japan. Pokemon is well over 1k, Crayon shin-chan are both still ahead of OP.

Relatively new to anime so apologies if this is retard-tier, but why is One Piece so divisive?
So far i've only seen Code Geass, Cowboy Bebop, Eva, and One Piece...
I don't hear this kind of hate for any of the others.

No

Attached: 1psss.png (271x250, 90K)

Go watch Kaiji, Death Note and HxH

Read the manga then watch your favorite fight animated

Because One Piece is popular and Yea Forums is filled with contrarians trying to sound like they have good taste because they don't like anything popular.

Thanks- will check them out.

Saturation, mostly. It's been going a long time, it's fairly unsophisticated, and even people that like it think it's gone down in quality. So people are maybe kind of sick of it.

Also, Code Geass is bad. You'd hear hate for it if we still talked about it.

Thats more due to OP having a slow start storywise, on Arabasta (around eps 90 I think) it becomes packed with action and more storylines per episode.

True enough... One Piece does feel a bit mass-market, but it's just so good - can't help myself for loving it.
The artwork is so pretty and colorful and the multitude of characters are almost-universally amazing.
If it weren't for the god damn pacing...

>78 chapters
>95 episodes

Attached: 135.png (805x643, 172K)

Other anime usually adapt 2 chapters per episode, dont they?

no
watch onepace instead

Depends. 2 or 3 an episode is average, fights can potentially burn through chapters faster but lots of talking takes more time in anime than it does in manga.

No, also prepare for 3-4 episodes of filler at the end of every arc. Plus recaps.

Attached: 1559588543813.jpg (640x480, 76K)

watch till arlong park
then read it.

If you're just getting into anime then I assume you don't read manga. Skip one piece for now, watch other entry level anime like fullmetal alchemist brotherhood, idk.
You'll eventually watch something that's so good that you'll want to continue the story, so you'll read the manga. Then, when you're a mangafag, do yourself a favor and read one piece, the best shonen of all.

You've not been posting for long then. Cowboy Bebop aside, all of those have historically had tons of argumentation over whether they're overrated shit or not (I think Bebop kind of is, too, but it doesn't breed shitposting and thread cancer). One Piece is a special bastion of cancer though owing to its nature as a Big 3 shounen. Also the anime fucking sucks compared to the manga.

One Piece anime pacing actually gets worse as the anime goes on. The anime is famous for having stupidly long openings just to pad out each episode. The full version of each opening is barely any longer than the one used for each episode.

Reminder that Based 4kids consistently cut One Piece's filler.

Also crucial arcs and plot points that would have been important later on.
onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/4Kids_Entertainment#Story_Changes

Attached: 4kids Laboon.jpg (590x579, 33K)

yes. Start with the dressrosa anime and watch at 0.8 speed

Leave newfag

Actually, I think One Piece has gone up in quality. The down part that was Fishman Island to Dressrosa is over.

LMAO it gets worse

It get's worse actually

It gets way worse.

30 second intro
4 minute op
2-5 minute long episode recap

I've started episodes at the half way point. This ironically improves the pacing but you are just watching half a episode. I'd probably be fine with just 12-13 minute episodes.

I think it did during the middle of the Arlong Arc. That arc got me hooked into it. over 400 or so episodes later, I finally got tired of Oda's formulaic pacing, and cut myself off from the anime. Now I just wait every 2 years to binge read every 100 chapters.

>paceniggers

I finally quit watching at thriller bark while reading manga in parallel, but you should stop watching around the first time they encounter kuzan or shortly after the filler following it (i remember the memory loss dragon miniarc to be fairly fun). Either way, manga is much better and will let you catch up much faster.

The animation was so good until Enies Lobby.

How does Oda do it?

Enjoy the first 500 eps. Pacing is here and there but overall its good and has god tier moments. After those 500 read the manga or kys

The pacing of the anime is fairly slow and the pacing of the manga is really fast. It's not even that the pacing of the anime is extremely slow, it's just that the story isn't meant to be experienced so slowly. I personally had a blast binging the whole cake island arc recently, but even when my opinion of the one piece anime is much more generous than that of many other people, the manga is still obviously superiour.

No, I literally nearly died marathoning Skypiea.
What a waste of an arc, worse than Dressrossa

how the fuck are there STILL people who go and watch the anime? is there a single justifiable reason to ever watch the anime?

Voice acting, OST, possibly animation, and the desire to see your favorite scenes with all those factors.

all of that is completely ruined though by how the show completely destroys any semblance of pacing

Look up 'One Pace', fan edited versions of the episodes with all of the filler cut out

Exactly. The only correct way to watch onepiece anime is to read the manga and just watch your favorite fights

Super long runners that adapt weekly manga eventually have to keep a pace of roughly one chapter an episode since they can't adapt the manga faster than it's being written. It's just that a lot of them do lengthy filler arcs and thus go 3 months or so without adapting a single chapter, building up a buffer of shit to adapt slightly faster.

No. Just watch the fights on YT and read the manga.

I did this
Do it, op

Because of filler?

A chapter takes 20 seconds to read and gives you the full scope of canon and what the author wanted you to know.

An episode takes 1,000 seconds if you skip intro/outro/recap (FIFTY TIMES SLOWER) and offers nothing but poor animation and non-canon bullshit.

If you're watching the anime of a long running series you're literally throwing your life away. Stop it.

Code geass is my favorite of all time though

I've yet to see any other media aside from maybe berserk that does power tripping well without it devolving into waifu shit

I’ve never read or watched One Piece. Is the manga really that good?

I may have seen an episode when jt first sired in Australia and disliked it, but thay was a long time ago

>I’ve never read or watched One Piece. Is the manga really that good?
It's my favourite manga ever. Give it a shot till end of Arlong Park arc and then decide if you want to continue or not.

>watching filler

No. So much fucking padding per EP it is ridiculous. Constant panning environmental shots of shittily drawn an environment. Constant breaks and pauses are added in to pad out the length of each episode. There are only like 13 minutes of actual watchable content per EP. It is like Football. There are only like 10 minutes of football being played in the entire 3-4 hour block. There is more time spent on replays than actual plays. One Piece is no different. That said, I have watched the entirety of one piece twice, but I always skipped the filler.

Attached: c96769aec523930c8cf788633a0299fc.png (655x541, 376K)

>but I always skipped the filler
This better not include G8 arc.

I don't know. I literally used a filler guide and just skipped every episode that the guide marked as filler. I know good filler can exist, but I just don't bother. I did the same with Naruto and Bleach.

Attached: 32778.png (588x415, 116K)

Not really. I remember watching Dressrosa and realizing that it’s been 2 years. Also that all of these events happened in one day.

Yeah, you fucked up. G8 is absolutely fantastic and makes for a perfect transition between Skypea and Water 7. And what did you even do about the Davy Back Fight? Half of it is canon and half is filler constantly interwoven. Also, you probably didn't even watch Loguetown episodes, which are not actual fillers but get marked as ones just because they weren't in the manga.

/thread

Are these a thing? Madmen dedicated enough to cut 800 episodes to the 150 worth of content?

If Loguetown is where Luffy is about to get executed and says, "Sorry I'm dead" and then gets saved by his dad then I saw that. Davy Back seems familiar when I googled him but I can't say for certain. I can't even find the guide I used anymore so I couldn't tell ya. I do know there was a filler arc the guide told me to watch, and that might have been G8, but I still skipped it.

Attached: 697c94f85c88ef2fd783437a26b2b506.png (598x143, 192K)

>If Loguetown is where Luffy is about to get executed and says, "Sorry I'm dead" and then gets saved by his dad then I saw that.
It's that. All the crewmembers get their own solo episodes, most of which weren't in the manga.

It’s so bad that fans of the series say it’s apart of what makes the show good lol

the project isn't completed, but a good deal of it has been completed:
onepace.net/

Kys nigger.

One piece was the reason I started reading manga, I somehow managed to watch all the way up to mid dressrosa even though the quality and pacing were abysmal for the last 3 arcs, but since I was marathoning it wasn't that much of an issue, I wanted to know what happened next so I picked the manga where I left in the anime, never looked back, the manga is so much better and the colored manga makes rereads so much better.

Shit taste.

Attached: 1506671545808.jpg (228x294, 57K)

This, snakeman was the only chapter of WCI i watched.
OP you should really read the manga, you are missing the cover stories.

Fans of the series hate the anime, though. No fan of it recommends it and will tell everyone to avoid it like a plague and read the manga instead.

To be fair, anime version of Skypea is insanely dragged out. I nearly dropped the series when I was watching it first. Only after switching to manga I managed to appreciate it as the best adventure arc OP has.

user, I...

This. A lot of the edited arcs need a v2 but it's a hell of a lot better than current show.

if you want good pacing get the story from the musou game instead

>36 episodes in
>already done with the pacing
Only suffering ahead for you.

Attached: 1435280287513.png (252x359, 95K)

Most do recommend trying it or to watch certain episodes but the important piece of advice is to switch to the manga as soon as it gets annoying.

The pacing in the East Blue saga was great, after that it gets really slow.
If you don't even like the early episodes you will never like the anime. Drop it and try the manga. If you don't like that either then just don't bother with the series

Sweet summer child, the first 200 episodes have ''good'' pacing, then it gets abysmal and then it gets thrown out the window.