You know what I miss about anime in general? - Cyberpunk, 80s, and retro style...

You know what I miss about anime in general? - Cyberpunk, 80s, and retro style. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one out here.
The last decent cyberpunk anime imo. was Psycho-Pass S1, and that's already 6 years old..

What the hell happened to cause almost every studio to produce generic moe shit in high school setting?

Attached: 1.gif (500x375, 1024K)

The audience changed.

It's soibois who like moe girls now.

Most cyberpunk is the most generic shit possible. Especially anything made after the 80s since so many people think mimicking the 80s is essential to the genre. It's obnoxious. Anything after Blade Runner that has a setting where it's constantly night and raining or anything with a neo-80s aesthetic is garbage.

Here's the real redpill: Even if today's studios were to try to produce a cyberpunk anime that is similar in style, direction and quality to the 80s, they would horribly fail because they lack the manpower and prowess to achieve that.

Nobody cares about cyberpunk anymore, grandpa.

I'm not disagreeing with that. I just think the genre itself is saturated with trash and 99% of anything in the genre anyone would make these days would be no better than the seemingly copy-paste CGDCT series. Cyberpunk just appeals to some people more than CGDCT even though they're both on the same level of generic.

>retro style
kill yourself

CD Projekt Red.

But this really applies to almost every other oversaturated genre out there such as. mecha, sol, battle harem etc. and those are STILL being produced to this day, even more so than in the earlier days where genres like delinquent or cyberpunk predominated. Overall, I can see your point though. Personally, I like cyberpunk anime because it gives a wide range of possibilities in how you can approach the medium through its visuals and animation style which other genres, for example classic cgdct shows, won't offer you.

What about the BLAME! movie?

We are essentially living in the shitty future that cyberpunk predicted so it lost its novelty.

>it gives a wide range of possibilities in how you can approach the medium through its visuals and animation style
And yet people only want neo-80s neon-filled rainy streets at night. This applies outside of anime too. People should want more stuff like Blame!, which I'm reading now and loving. But anything that doesn't fit into people's tiny niche of what they think cyberpunk is is ignored. There's plenty of CGDCT series with differing setups. You can do a lot with pretty much anything, but cyberpunk is the textbook example of a genre that people have shrunk to a tiny skeleton of what they think the genre is and hate anything else. It's worse than the people that say Eva isn't mecha.

It's baffling how reddit homos and anime youtubers like to say that anime today is the best it has ever been.

They also say this about the Video Game industry.

sci-fi art has definitely took a massive downturn since the turn of the millennium, feels like nobody draws good technology anymore

I just want more gritty sci-fi where mecha isn't the focus
The harder the sci-fi the better

Well the dystopian cyberpunk sci-fi future is now and its lame,mundane and boring as fuck.Technology became a fucking comodity that most developed and semideveloped countries afford without much trouble.
You have niggers starving in huge ghettos with garbage mountains and then you have incels who waste their lives on the internet and barely go out.You have a progressive femminist globalist clique backed up by corporations and capitalist elite and on the other side you have a bunch of rabid ethnonationalists that want to bring back genocide.
Proxywars,conspirations that turn out to be 100% true but nobody gives any fucks because hedonistic pleasures keep them sedated.
Heck when you generalize it sounds pretty interesting but then you remember that you are just a plebeian backround character with nothing going on in their life much less something interesting.

Be we still can't plug our mind directly to the Internet.

Ex-Arm is going to have an anime adaptation.

Attached: 0.jpg (264x376, 44K)

In terms of being able to tell a straightforward story, yes. Animation -wise, no.

If it ever become possible, the internet will be overloaded with big fat smelly dudes pretending to be little girls.

But Cyberpunk rules say you could also fry their brains, or remote control them, or... etc.

>The last decent cyberpunk anime imo. was Psycho-Pass S1
you've been skimping on your anime. There has been 1 more decent and 1 thats actually good that has come out

Not OP, but at least name it.

Also, Cyberpunk is a specific genre of Futuristic fiction, at the time (the 80s), the "punk" part of the name made sense.

which one?