The most interesting character in Heaven's Feel is Shirou and the adaptation has done a terrible job portraying him so...

The most interesting character in Heaven's Feel is Shirou and the adaptation has done a terrible job portraying him so far.

A lot of Ilya and Kirei were cut, the entire Shirou's operation, they could've have shown how different Saber Alter's ideology was in comparison to the original one (and instead she got one line in the entire movie and her fight vs Archer replaced by Assassin).

What were they thinking?

Attached: 1559316128312.jpg (490x659, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3NjQzlV2t4w
nyaa.si/view/840355
lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I loved it. The BD seems to contain extra footage so I’m looking forward to the rewatch once the torrent is up.

Haven't watched the second movie yet but yeah I had a feeling the director didn't give much of a shit about the main character.
I'm really hoping the third movie is fucking amazing.

Attached: swords internally.jpg (800x600, 59K)

They already said HF trilogy is about Shirou & Sakura story, so i am not really surprised when Illya and Kirei didn't get a lot of screentimes but still hopefully we could see more of them on HF3. Personally i think they did a good job at portraying Shirou's thought/perspective through his monologue, eyes, breathe,... Of course they could've done HF2 better, but overall i still enjoyed the movie. Anyway it seems like the BD will have extra scenes so im looking forward to it.
Also did you really need to copy a post from /tmg/?

I thought they did a great job with Shirou's characterization, personally. Showing his inner conflict between following his father's footsteps and becoming a hero, and protecting the one he holds close.

That said, I didn't appreciate the changes to the story structure that impacts Shirou's relationship with both Kirei, and Illya by cutting multiple scenes with them and moving Illya's introduction after her attack on Shirou to after Saber's defeat. And I really didn't appreciate how the movie tones down both of these relationships in favor of making Sakura seen even more important when that's not how the story goes.

Cutting Shirou asking Illya to move in with him after the war was over, was especially egregious. Not to mention the numerous scenes that showed Illya caring for him after he gained Archer's arm.

As someone who enjoyed Heaven's Feel due to all of these aspects, these movies have been a really big disappointment.

Do we know how long the BD length and how many cut scenes there were? Is the arm transplant scene one of them?

Attached: nov_amazon01.png (490x657, 526K)

When's the BD release date?

August 21st

08/21

>And I really didn't appreciate how the movie tones down both of these relationships in favor of making Sakura seen even more important when that's not how the story goes.
Yeah, if anything they should have put more focus on Saber and Illya to show Shirou's resolve into sticking with Sakura.
>As someone who enjoyed Heaven's Feel due to all of these aspects, these movies have been a really big disappointment.
Same.

Thanks. This probably means we can expect OST in a month or so too based on first movie schedule.

Honestly, if I want the story or better characterization, I'd read the VN again. There's no way to be completely happy with 6 hours of an adaptation, so may as well just see some of the better scenes in animation. That's my viewpoint.

shirou is a dumb faggot

>Sakura's razor chin
>these gigantic feet
>the Takeuchi hand
>off model Shirou
>Archer's face looks pasted from one of the old images
Why is Takeuchi so shit it's amazing

Don't forget Sakura's hand

Attached: IMG_3794.jpg (1024x768, 132K)

Yeah I meant that by
>the Takeuchi hand
I fucking hate Takeuchi

Man HF would be the GOAT route if it wasn't filled with Sakurashit. I already knew they would ruin all the Ilya scenes because the director is known to be a huge Sakurafag.

>They already said HF trilogy is about Shirou & Sakura story
Fuck them. Ilya and Kirei are the best parts about this route.

It's almost like he's speed-drawing. Amazing.

I had low expectations to begin with and they dropped further after the first movie.You just need to accept that this isn't mean to adapt Heaven's Feel, the movies only exist to milk money out of Sakura.

>I already knew they would ruin all the Ilya scenes because the director is known to be a huge Sakurafag.
Even knowing this I had so much hope for him coming from the Part 1 interview where he showed so much respect for Illya... At least he pulled off the "Shirou no Mikata" scene well, but fuck if only his love for Sakura didn't result in her overshadowing everyone else from the VN.

No idea, but the promise scene made it.

Attached: 1538DD31-018C-4613-BA53-36CEA10BE7C3.png (1352x1186, 930K)

Wasn't that already in the movie? They promised to see the cherry blossoms together

I feel like it was as well, but some user said that the promise scene made it into the BD so it made me second guess myself.

>not appreciating all the Sakura screentime
Well fuck you too

>The most interesting character in Heaven's Feel is Shirou
What a fucking retard.

Attached: 1529081363322.jpg (228x246, 16K)

Delusional wormslutfags

Rent free.

Who do you think it is?

Unless you mean kotomine shirou is the most developed in this route

Just like the worms in Sakura's pussy amirite

HF sucks desu
It was a mockery of both Shirou's character and his loyalty to Saber (and her to him)

Saber and Shirou are still one of the highlights on HF but I fear the movies will continue to remove that relationship since it gets in the way of the Sakura shilling.

Attached: __artoria_pendragon_emiya_shirou_and_saber_alter_fate_stay_night_fate_series_and_heaven_s_feel__a273 (610x473, 97K)

I mean, there's a reason why you have to read Fate -> UBW > HF though

maybe take off those fanboy goggle and see how fucking shallow shiro actually is.

You'll appreciate the movie and the entire fate franchise for it. Mostly because you're not gonna hellbent trying to justify how every fate character should suck his canon tiny dick.

Attached: 1503862838783.jpg (286x326, 19K)

But Saber actually gets good stuff in HF.

All but her action scenes will be cut though.

>not being able to save her
>good
Fuck that. I would let Sakura die a thousand painful deaths if it meant redeeming and saving Saber.

I don't care, the fight scenes are fucking awesome.

While that's an understandable concern, it doesn't really take away from the fact that HF introduces an interesting direction for Saber and Shirou's relationship.

Maybe if you stopped being a shipperfag for two seconds you'd actually find that Saber and Shirou's relationship in HF builds on top of what we know about their characters in a way that shows believable growth between the two.

The relationship won't be in the movies. I'm not that other guy, I love HF, just not the adaptation. In fact, it's my favorite route so I am all the more upset with the adaptation butchering everything.

Shirou doesn't love Saber in HF, user. I think you are taking this a bit too far and out of context. People are talking about Heaven's Feel, not Fate.

And? It doesn't change anything when Shirou learns nothing from it and treats her like an object.
She wasn't his love interest in UBW either, and he still risked his life to save her. HF shits on Shirou's lifetime dream and destroys his ideals in a couple days worth of time. It's not believable in the slightest.

Takeuchi really is such a garbage artist.

I feel you, man. Sakura is easily the worst part of her route.

Attached: 1342249603203.jpg (800x660, 231K)

His "shallowness" is part of why he's a complex character.

How about you actually understand the story before you claim that Shirou is shallow? He's a deconstruction of the typical shounen hero because his "shallowness" is why his ideology is so unhealthy. Each route explores a different way for him to deal with that.

Dumb mapo tofuposter

>HF shits on Shirou's lifetime dream

Why do people act like him not murdering Sakura is a total betrayal of his ideals when doing so would also be a betrayal of his ideals? Seriously it's not like he just goes "looks like I'm not gonna kill her, have fun chowing on some more civilians Sakura I don't give a fuck anymore", not to mention he literally finds out around the same time Sakura herself becomes aware which is when the killings stop.

Don't get me started on how poor the mapo tofu scene was. I was severely disappointed.
The first movie eliminated my expectations.

Attached: 1318274299695.png (800x600, 440K)

God kirei makes the mapo tofu look so good
I unironically learned how to make it because of the VN. It's fucking delicious.

The irony is that this lesson is the very lesson that Kiritsugu learns at the end of F/Z, except Shirou actually epitomizes it for the entire route.

>Why do people act like him not murdering Sakura is a total betrayal of his ideals when doing so would also be a betrayal of his ideals?
Because they never understood Shirou or his ideal to begin with. UBW was all about how Shirou was going to have to make tough decisions in the future. Archer himself tells Shirou "You didn't become a hero, you became justice, and justice can be cruel." The english dub of UBW had some incredible dialogue choices.
Shirou's rebuttal was that no matter what happens as long as he doesn't stop attempting to follow that ideal and fights to save everyone he possibly can, he'll have no regrets.

In HF Shirou essentially gets slapped with a really fucking difficult choice that Archer was alluding to, and although he gets extremely mopey bitter and dramatic about it, he comes out on top without truly betraying that ideal.

That's why I keep saying Kiritsugu is a "failed" version of Shirou's ideal. He kept trying to make excuses and adjustments to that ideal, to reach it in a mature and adult fashion, when you can only truly see the beauty of it when you stop attempting to be realistic about it. This is also why I laugh when people say they prefer /Zero because it's like seeing an argument between Kiritsugu and Shirou to me.

>The english dub of UBW had some incredible dialogue choices.

Examples?

>entire Shirou's operation
That was good cut to be honest. We VNfags already know the specifics of the arm transplant.

>Extra footage
Are you pulling this info from your ass because the BD preview trailer does not show any new scenes at all.

I don't really feel like scouring youtube for physical examples but I do know the entire Shirou vs. Archer fight had far better word choice than any subtitles I've read, including the visual novel. The conversations flowed smoothly and the words felt natural and precise without ever sounding awkward. When I first heard the dub I thought Archer's english VA didn't suit him but as the show went on he really came into the role and the climax was fucking ace.

Why do Fate VNfags have such shit taste? It's like a new level of autism.

>This is also why I laugh when people say they prefer /Zero because it's like seeing an argument between Kiritsugu and Shirou to me.
Wut? People can freely like Zero/Kiritsugu exactly because of his failure. Liking something based on preference doesn't somehow make you better or more morally upstanding.

Just because Zerobabbies have forced FSNanons on the defensive, doesn't mean people can't enjoy Fate/Zero all of a sudden, especially when it's heavily backed and pre-planned by Nasu anyway.

>The conversations flowed smoothly and the words felt natural and precise without ever sounding awkward.

Don't they base the dub on the official subs from Aniplex? UTW was shit.

>I thought Archer's english VA didn't suit him

Who did it better, Kaiji Tang or Liam O'Brien?

youtube.com/watch?v=3NjQzlV2t4w

I meant the maturity aspect. I like /Zero too, I re-watch it coupled with UBW back-to-back whenever I get the urge. /Zero has a vastly different tone and narrative direction than F/SN so calling one better than the other is pure personal bias.

It's Nasu dialogue, not like it'd be hard to improve. And Archer's original english VA was superior.

War and Sanctus, ofc.

Attached: Darksiders-promo-illustration-war-madureira-color-m.jpg (800x1119, 263K)

I picked up the Kametsu torrent so I'm not sure but in english here Archer says "You'll end up a mere murderer." instead of the subtitles. It's the same thing, but it sounds way more natural.

Unless Kametsu removed the original subs and replaced them with their own, which would be confusing to me, I like the dub's vocabulary better.

Attached: [Kametsu] Fate Stay Night - Unlimited Blade Works - 21 (BD 1080p Hi10 FLAC) [1DD4B521].mkv_snapshot_ (1920x1080, 148K)

>Unless Kametsu removed the original subs and replaced them with their own, which would be confusing to me, I like the dub's vocabulary better.

Aniplex produces the English subs and dubs for Fate themselves now though, and for pretty much all of their IPs. Kametsu uses the UTW subtitles.

UTW fate translations are trash tier. Illya is basically completely unwatchable.

Anything UTW related after 2011 is nothing but garbage. Completely different people (commiefags) with same name.

Anyone remember Apocrypha and UTW?

>Kametsu uses the UTW subtitles.
What the fuck why?

>What the fuck why?

Subtitles for Part 1 are from UTW’s BD release, slightly modified and restyled.

Subtitles for Part 2 are from UTW’s TV release with R1 subtitles added in for BD exclusive scenes, slightly modified and restyled.

Subtitles for Sunny Day are R1 subtitles.

Episodes 10,18, 20, 24 utilize Lope’s edit for VN translation for incantations; which happen to be more in line with what the English Dub used as well it seems.

nyaa.si/view/840355

The HF movie only uses official subs thankfully.

Why is UTW bad now? Can you give samples of their shit translations?

UTW is dead and gone, the people who released under UTW's name are fags from Commie who didn't want to translate, so they contacted some guy in Japan and asked him to give them a chink to English translation using the chink subs

Attached: 1525296777932.png (559x266, 131K)

All the original subbers from UTW left ages ago, UBW and Apo subs were done by SEAmonkeys the cartel brought in to puppet UTW's corpse

Should I replace my UTW subs for UBW S1 then? I'm not sure what subs UBW S2 uses in pic related though.

Attached: 02-06-2019_SB3G7HWiy.png (889x695, 125K)

Four fingered

Yes. Saber dying is the best part of Heavens Feel.

>how different Saber Alter's ideology
She's a non character in the VN

Don't tell him.
Alter only becomes a character in Unlimited codes.

He's specifically talking about Dark Saber in the VN, not outside of the VN. He is right though, Dark Saber is a non-character in it.

Attached: 1558063412665.png (300x300, 171K)

I've never read the VN but I've been reading the manga and when I finally watched the first movie so much shit seemed to different. I don't want to read the VN (yet, anyway), which of these should I be treating is the more canon adaptation, then

*Which of these should I be treating is the more canon adaptation, the manga or the movie series?

The VN you fucking bitch.

The VN is shit though

This.
Cute hungry king > worm slut

It's still the best Fate related adaptation we ever got and for once Shirou's internal conflict was handled well without the need to go into lenghty exposition.

The manga is more in line with the VN, which takes its time to tell the story properly and doesn't suffer from changes to the story's structure, and multiple characters' relationships.

I definitely recommend the VN if you have the time for reading the manga though, even this text and picture version will do. It is the best when experienced yourself with music, sfx, voices, and images however. lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/

Attached: 81ezJUFMXaL.jpg (1127x1581, 260K)

Whoa, it's like the VN is literally a product of a different time for a different audience or something! How can that be?

no. sakuras delusional perception and how it affects reality was the best part. she ate gilgamesh... at range... thinking she was eating candy. entire rest of it can be forgotten so far. the last part may make a decent fight scene out of all of this but it seemed rushed and the only good fight was rider and saber in the alley

As someone who loves Korea and likes Ilya this is to be expected.

With 6 hours of screen time you might as well develop the main two as well as you can and give whatever you can to the other side characters. It beats giving everyone equal screen time only for none of their character arcs to be handled properly.
HF2 is still probably the best Fate adaptation though

I think they did they noticed that for it to work as a movie people would have to feel empathy for the whole ordeal, so they focused into that to have a strong core narrative. A VN can afford to ramble more around (and HF does it a lot). They added scenes like the new church scene where Kotomine ponders about his answer and the Illya hears about Kiritsugu one for their own arcs to work in the final movie. It's quite transparent.

Anyway, it's a series or movies so they had to compromise, and the result was a pretty good movie anyway. It's kind of the same approach Kara no Kyoukai had.

>Korea

Haha, wow. Replace that with Kirei

>With 6 hours of screen time you might as well develop the main two as well as you can and give whatever you can to the other side characters.
That sounds like a pretty shitty adaptation when the "side characters" weren't side characters.

Why was the Illya route scrapped from the original anyway? Four routes woulda made much more sense

Time and a less expensive release. Fate and UBW were so large after completion, that they intended to split Fate between /Stay Night with Saber and Rin, and /Other Night with Sakura and Illya.

>split Fate between /Stay Night with Saber and Rin, and /Other Night with Sakura and Illya
This franchise would have never gotten off the ground if they actually pulled that. HF as it is can't have possibly redeemed the clusterfuck. Although it makes me sad how we missed out on 100% separate complete Sakura and Illya routes

I seriously hope the 6 hours and lack of Illya means they'll go with the normal end. Sakura does not deserve a happy ending.

I mean, that's essentially what Dies Irae did, and it's nowhere near as popular as Fate. Albeit, the reasons for releasing it that way was vastly different, but regardless it just reinforces the idea that Type Moon ultimately right in choosing to release Fate the way they did.

Attached: __ayase_kasumi_himuro_rea_marie_and_sakurai_kei_dies_irae_drawn_by_g_yuusuke__41dedcf2bebf17725a4441 (1920x1200, 1.41M)

Dies Irae didn't have Takeuchi's character designs which largely sold the franchise. Considering both Saber and Rin carried the franchise well enough that Nasu and Takeuchi didn't even believe people liked Sakura, I think they would've been perfectly fine.

Illya was also a highly popular character who ranked higher than even Shirou in Type-moon conducted polls shortly after Fate/Stay Night's release. Players also would've been been incentivized to pick up the second half if they enjoyed Fate/Stay Night, and wished to know more about both Sakura and Illya.

Attached: 014_75.jpg (1024x768, 139K)

>Sudou
>anything but True End
Also to be fair the first key visual (pic related - revealed in the first time they announced HF adaption iirc) pretty much says that they will go with True End

Attached: IMG_4001.jpg (600x847, 123K)

I really love that poster

What are the best Fate posters?

These are not in a specific order

Attached: 03-06-2019_F8pKYGX43.png (807x801, 1.57M)

I wasn't sure if the F/Z one was a official poster for the anime, i think its probably fanart?

Damn Yamanaka Kotetsu's artstyle has changed a lot

Attached: IMG_1903.jpg (1512x2160, 1.67M)

I've always liked the cover for UBW BD 1 Takeuchi did.

It's official. Can't post the full image since size reduction would make the credits illegible, but Ufotable is credited.

Attached: yande.re 387551 sample archer armor assassin_(fsn) berserker caster emiya_shirou fate_stay_night lan (1074x1500, 451K)

I really like Takeuchi's covers as well. My favorite is this one from Presage Flower. But the cover for UBW is awesome too.

Attached: ANZX-14401.jpg (500x670, 141K)

Over the years, I've come to dislike Takeuchi's posters since the character placement on them are so familiar. Go back and see all his posters starting from Kara no Kyoukai and you'll see you till now they are similar. His style never changes and it's just bland to look at.

His sameface syndrome doesn't help either.

At least Toilet-chan didn't let loose her bowels

Attached: FateStayNightRin.png (177x564, 88K)

Needs more World's Best Grandfather snd REJOICE Man