Why is “Ambiguously Brown” a trope in anime

Crystal is Indian because of a dot on her forehead?

But is inspired by Aretha Franklin & Beyoncé

And voiced (singing voice) by a white women you can sing R&B?

Attached: E970EC32-BAB0-4B49-8710-72B10C3DF077.jpg (750x1254, 284K)

Because nigger faces are ugly as sin.

Because niggers are disgusting

You’re disgusting.

It was just a simple question.

Reported

But I’m not a nigger user

Still disgusting.

>announcing reports
Back to facebook normalfag

This is not Facebook

You have to go back.

I was never there. I was born on Yea Forums

>be /pol/
>bitter, angry, spiteful
>post edgy, incendiary shit online
>overweight or underweight
>pale
>few/no friends/online friends only
>spend far too much time on the internet
>disgusting facial hair
>monobrow
>wireframe glasses
>dresses like an autist (e.g. cargo shorts, sneakers)
>unbrushed/overly long hair/hair that doesn't fit shape of face
>ugly
>bad skin
>insecure body language
>awkward and embarrassing in social situations
>unwarranted sense of self-importance/superiority
>extremely judgemental due to crippling insecurity
>entire sense of strength/power comes from attacking undeserving people on the internet they view as weaker than them
>thinks none of these things are obvious by what they choose to post here
kill yourself

>be gay

>only pol hates niggers
Cope tranny

brown skin is peasant skin in nipland/asian
means you spend your days on the RICE FIELDS instead of sipping tea while sitting weird.

>Pale

Got that wrong, buddy, though I'm light for a mutt. Everything else is pretty spot on.

SPBP

Attached: 14COhR2.png (512x512, 24K)

>Why is “Ambiguously Brown” a trope in anime
Probably because japanese people dont really have a concept of dark races besides being brown so when they wanna be inclusive they just stick to a typical brown to represent that they are a race with dark skin.
or its ambiguous because we literally only met Krystal last episode and know nothing about her.
Either way I dont see as an issue
get em

Based

Ussop from one piece is supposed to African according to oda but has white skin and a long nose?

Maybe hes a north african arab

>be normal person
>hate niggers
It's that simple.

Because retards think anyone with dark skin = a black person. Nips get pretty dark tans

She’s not a Nip.

Every anime character with white skin must be a white person then.

They’re not brown, they’re tan.

Brown

Angela is tan

>when they wanna be inclusive
This doesn't happen. It's for the sake of character design rather than pandering

She is also not black you stupid faggot, indians can have light brown skin
The only one with an obsession is you.

Tan is a shade of brown. I think people use brown as a catch-all. I think Angela and Krystal are obviously tan while Carole is Brown

African.
I always thought he was super light skinned when I was a kid but his dad is blonde and his mom is pale. I think he's just a "white" person who just so happens to be from fake Africa.

Angela is lighter so she’s tan

>Ambiguously Brown

As opposed to what, Explicitly Brown? And what would "explicit" features involve? Big lips in a style where it'd be extremely ridiculous looking? Fat nasal bridges, in a style where everyone has tiny button noses? It just opens up an unnecessary and retarded can of worms, and there's much better ways to portray a character's ethnic background like decent writing.

B-but muh pol boogeyman

You are 100% baka.

If anime artists want ugly nigger stereotypes you will see big coon lips. If they want a marketable attractive character, you get Nadia.

Attached: nadiathesecretofbluewater_09.jpg (720x931, 122K)

Storm from X men is ambiguously brown. And she’s confirmed to be black/African

Attached: 4517FD60-E0DC-4199-A32A-EBF2B7BCEBE6.jpg (855x769, 395K)

How is it ambiguous if her heritage is explicitly stated?
It stops being an ambiguous skin tone the second the ethnicity is revealed. Light skin black people exist, light skin africans exist, light skin indians exist, etc.

Beyoncé is ambiguously brown along with the average female American singers of colour.

Attached: 10AFB940-6F48-4E6C-8E2E-6536BCA6EA07.jpg (1280x720, 98K)

Then she's not ambiguously brown, though she was also literally designed to be an exotic blend of features that weren't common in typical African Appearances. However as time's gone on she's been depicted more as simply black with white hair and blue eyes.
She's pretty open that she identifies as black.

Tv tropes said she’s ambiguously brown because she has natural white hair and blue eyes. Even though she’s from Kenya

Let me introduce Jasmin DuBois. From the animated series that said nigger 20x each episode.

Attached: Jazmine.jpg (767x500, 131K)

She just has light skin lol, shes literally still a african american/black
Based show

Beyoncé has a white mom. She’s mixed

Based

You are actually.

Beyonce's mom isn't white.
They're distantly Creole though.
Most "Black" Americans are mixed with a relatively significant nonblack heritage. In general the racial labels are pretty simplistic especially in places that actively sought to erase multiracial identities.

the two genders

go drink acid

No

I don't care what she is. My point still stands.

>Every anime character with white skin must be a white person then.
I don't get how that fits with me saying people who think every brown character is black are retarded.

>why do anime characters look white?

Attached: B119961E-F55D-4319-8786-440F3E6C7F31.jpg (1280x720, 62K)

I coined the term to refer to characters who are brown with no identifiable culture associated to it. A character who's brown because they can trace their ancestry to mexico or whatever is just brown-skinned. A character that's just a random assortment of features painted a random shade of brown is ambiguously brown. It doesn't apply as much to anime because typically they're brown because they're tan from being physically active or to suggest at them being an ancient precursor race.

You should have posted this from the beginning since most of the thread was arguing about what it meant to be ambiguously brown

I just got here lol.

Because an "ambiguously brown" character in an anime/manga who doesn't have one of the obvious foreigner markings doesn't mean they're black. It means "they're Okinawan/RyuKyu".

>ambiguously brown"
Tv tropes said Carole is ambiguous brown but seems to be of African decent

no one wants to look at niggers

>they're Okinawan/RyuKyu
Storm is Okinawan?

Fairly certain that's what I was saying?

Edward Elric is Japanese

Whoever told you Yea Forums was a retard play paradise was lying. Go to Yea Forums if you want to unleash your full retarded potential.

>Tv tropes

The /pol/ boogeyman ladies and gents

This is an American special forces operator

Attached: 1471384068159.jpg (1200x675, 307K)

tvtropes is an SJW infested shithole. Take it from a former troper who ditched the place way back in 2012.

I ditched them a year earlier in the wake of the screwgle smartads affair, and I've heard management's only gotten worse since then.

>in an anime/manga