Anyone else find it hard to take anime seriously if it depicts crime in japan? death note was a huge offender...

anyone else find it hard to take anime seriously if it depicts crime in japan? death note was a huge offender. if you've ever been to japan, you realize that there's basically no crime, ever. i left my phone/wallet on the beach in okinawa for hours while i went snorkeling and it was still there in the open when i got back. okinawans are considered the niggers of japan and i wasn't worried for a second.

Attached: w.jpg (704x396, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/global-temperature/
climate.nasa.gov/causes/
ec.europa.eu/clima/change/causes_en
youtube.com/watch?v=j5M1qtN62yk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>anecdotal evidence

Because Japan's legal system is a complete joke.

>I didn't get robbed while in Japan, therefore crime doesn't exist there

Amazing.

What nonsense. It's true that Japan has a relatively low crime rate, especially when it comes to blue-collar types of crimes, but they still have robbers, rapists, murderers and so on just like any other country on earth.

This is the type of people who say climate change isn't real because it's really cold outside.

where have you been

like 5 people have been stabbed to death in the last few days alone

Yeah, right.

I don't know where did you hide your phone on the beach but good luck finding after dropping it in a street with a lot of people.

You are probably american; i can see why a normal level of crime would seem otherworldy to you.

enjoy your muslim rape gang eurofag

Climate is really a hoax though. The planet is supposedly getting warmer but it snowed for five years in a row here in Mississipii

>enjoy your muslim rape gang
he says while muslims in his country commit more crimes than in europa KEK

climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/global-temperature/

Attached: Osaka_bait.jpg (640x480, 41K)

>9th place
Lmao the absolute state of Japan. Imagine not being in the top 5. Imagine living in a literal warzone.
Maybe they'll go up a few spots after the NZ incident.

Attached: 2wr9c0bt8r211.png (1878x1253, 488K)

>thinking a gov site will the change the mind of someone who thinks its a hoax
Are you retarded?

I'm mainly posting it for other people. Beside, there's a small chance he will look elsewhere and find that the claim they're making is correct.

>dood how come climate change real if its cold right now
neck yourself

>correct
By whose standards? The government funded one that climate change is caused by greenhouse gases? Or the obvious one that climate has always changed and you don't need a world government to "fix" it?

Go visit Roppongi.

North America is the safest place in the world!

posterboy for Dunning-Kruger-effect

Cement girl.

> teh gubbirment is funding climate change hoax to convince the sheeple to allow them to surrender all their sovereignty to a world gubbirment!

>
Two different people, user. I'm not saying "climate change" isn't real. What I am saying is that it's not something anyone can really do about and it isn't worth giving up your freedom for. Nor is it worth making off topic posts on Yea Forums.

Considering all of their proposed solutions are "more government control"...
See above.

Dumb American.

there have been multiple ice ages but im supposed to care because the earth is getting hotter supposedly? lol ok

If it's that simple then how come only idiots on the internet figured it out?

>usa is below shit like bolivia and honduras
holy shit, that's pathetic

Reminder that Japan's crime statistics are hot garbage.

It has a low amount of crime, but not nearly as low as they officially claim.

>Mississipii

A bunch of kids just got stabbed less than a week ago.

>gaijin talking as if he's not the unwanted immigrant scum in the country

They were worried about YOU stealing or causing trouble, shitstain.

>Mississipii
Oh boy we got a winner right here boys not only "American Education" but a southerner at that, from the states with one of the lowest SAT scores and IQs in America's placements.

>it's not something anyone can really do about and it isn't worth giving up your freedom for
but we can do something about it, it's people like you who are preventing that from happening

Ha ha ha. Did you come rolling in from Twitter or some shit?

no you see the people who can stop the big sources pollution the easiest have to fund studies to convince regular Joe to stop using fans so that we can fight pollution one drop of water in an entire ocean at a time.
Don't do anything about the actual major sources of pollution, though. Shh.

You spend too much time on /pol/. Most of this website is not pants-on-head retarded when it comes to politics.

Attached: neo_pol_reddit_colony.jpg (3000x4200, 3.31M)

It has nothing to do with that. It has to do with your 12 year old naivete and your idea that we, the regular people, can save the world from doom or some shit if we just limit ourselves more.
So in short: you are actually pants-on-head retarded.

nice anime thread, you fucking faggots

The point is we have no idea if humans are 50% responsible, 10% responsible, or .000000001% responsible. We have 0 data on what % of the temperature change is human influence vs. natural change, so it's pointless to alter our lives over it.

user almost all pollution is from China and India. What do you think the West can do, unless you support war over something that may or may not be affecting the Earths temperature.

Even if humans are responsible, a bunch of randomers like you and I can't do shit to stop it. It's a select group of countries and massive companies that are the major cause of the pollution.
Guess who could stop that? The governments of those countries.
Guess who are told by those governments to fix the world? The regular guy.

And even the pollution the government can stomp out, they don't bother. Rather than throwing down a fist on massive polluters in their countries, they just fund another doomsday climate change study to whip up an uproar among the easily misled common person with a hero complex.

>Ctrl + F
>No Yakuza

Are you kidding me?

ITT: /int/ whites

First of all, no politician except for the Conservatives who are not even bothering to pay proper lip service will tell you that you just need to wear a sweater or something instead of turning on the heater. Stricter regulation, investments and other top-down government initiatives are always part of the programme. You're not wrong a very significant amount of pollution comes from corporate sources, and as I said regulating them is part of the programme unless you're one of those types who mutter about invisible hands and how you need to cut taxes for everything to be better and such nonsense. However, a lot of the damage comes from consumers. Modern people are extremely wasteful, and there needs to be a cultural shift towards making sacrifices and consuming less, as well as consuming more efficiently.
We are very certain that climate change is man-made.
climate.nasa.gov/causes/
ec.europa.eu/clima/change/causes_en

Attached: Earth-sama.png (511x511, 237K)

The fact of the matter is that "the consumers," are an absolute drop in an ocean.
And if you're going to put making them be more clean on a higher pedestal in terms of priorities, you're just being blatantly idiotic.
Moreover, constantly screaming at us that the world is burning to create hysteria and animosity when we can ultimately do very little about it is plain manipulative, I hope you see that, too.

Yeah, no, though. The governments have the power to just slam down their fist. It may seem authoritarian, but if a massive source of pollution operating within their country is treated with kid's gloves, it's not going to change anything.
And then we're not even talking about China and India.

What does this even measure?

MOOOOOOOOOOOODS

Attached: 1498263235939.jpg (512x411, 35K)

Climate change is real but not in the way the media wants you to believe. The earth’s climate changes naturally and has been going on for millions of years prior to any humans walking the earth. This can be proven easily with ice core samples which tell the temps and carbon monoxide contents at a specific period of time.

If you honestly believe that paying a carbon tax, driving electric vehicles and buying “eco friendly” products you’ll slow the earth’s climate, you’re beyond brainwashed.

>source: my own ass.

there's 100 millions Nips. There's bound to be some criminals
It's a Death Note thread

Attached: PieckSmilee.png (375x375, 164K)

I don't agree with how much you handwave it all as natural climate change, but
>If you honestly believe that paying a carbon tax, driving electric vehicles and buying “eco friendly” products you’ll slow the earth’s climate, you’re beyond brainwashed.
Yeah, I gotta agree with this. I like the advent of electric vehicles because it's just a part of technological progress and fuel sources are getting more and more sparse anyway, so I won't argue against the existence of those vehicles. But I am under no illusion that if I just stop eating meat, or pay more taxes, or buy eco friendly products, that I will save the world from the doom we keep hearing about.
Not even if billions of people do so.

There is no use in arguing with retards. Just kill yourself and spare us your idiocy.

You will slow the earth's climate change, just not in any meaningful capacity. We absolutely have an impact but nothing we can do is able to halt the planet's natural changes.

His last point is correct, though. If you think all that shit actually works, you're beyond naive and probably belong on Facebook with all the braindead, bumbling retards who swallow everything fed to them without a hint of thought.

>Stricter regulation
Yes, just give more authority to these governments. They're benevolent and good at everything and will solve global problems. Even when their authority is limited to the borders of their country alone and they won't do fuck all to force the countries with the largest emission footprints to change anything.

Oh, and every model the IPCC has ever put out points to H2O feedback not being a valid model so the warming trend over the next 100 years is going to be one seventh of what the alarmist would prefer it be.

And even if the problem were actually severe, none of the proposed solutions would do a damned thing. If you want to reduce emissions GLOBALLY then you would have to start reducing GLOBAL population growth. Whole continents would need to have 1-child policies instituted immediately to stop the upward population trends. Buying an electric car, investing in renewable energy, recycling paper, or any other "solution" that simply amounts to alternative methods of continued consumption are placebos and nothing more. If you want lowered total CO2 output, you need fewer people in the world producing it. And that means fewer people period.

Saying there is "No Crime" is pretty false. Crime just happens in different ways. There's still crime, only its more like Extortion, blackmail, and fraud. There's still violence, its just under reported and ignored. There's a ton of pressure to not make a fuss, even if you're a kid that gets beat up every day, or an abused spouse, or the victim of some thugs.

The best we do will basically be a like pulling a bucket of water out of the Mariana Trench.
Sure, you get to feel special and good for thinking you did your part, but in the end, the world still goes to shit and all you did was jerk yourself off to how morally superior you are to your neighbour John who didn't buy those vaunted "eco-friendly" products.

kill yourself you fucking retard shitposter
>snk
no wonder you think this thread is ok since your shingeki threads are even worse

Utilitarianism decrees that eliminating the population of china is the best way to save the environment and subsequently save far more lives than a few billion chinks.

>Just kill yourself and spare us your idiocy.
youtube.com/watch?v=j5M1qtN62yk

> consumers are a drop in the ocean
That's not true. For example, in America, cars use alone accounts for nearly 20% of carbon emissions. If you account energy use by households, as well as the pollution created from the manufacture of consumer goods you'll reach a significant figure.
> constantly screaming at us that the world is burning to create hysteria and animosity when we can ultimately do very little about it is plain manipulative
What the fuck does that even mean? I'm trying to get you to think and act in a way you normally woulnd't. That's the very definition of manipulation and that applies to all political discourse. And we're being alarmist because there is a clear threat and it's urgent in relative terms. Significant action on a state and international level takes time, and we have to start now.
> The governments have the power to just slam down their fist
That's not how politics work in the West. Politicians don't lead. They try to get just a little ahead of public opinion and dumb themselves down to the lowest common denominator to get votes. They're not going to do anything unless it's electorally viable, and climate change is only just becoming a significant electoral issue.
> China and India
We can negotiate and act to reduce their emissions, but only if it becomes a priority in the West. Environmental concerns always take the back seat in international relations, but this could change if Western states made it clear to India and China that they can't keep getting away with doing what they're doing.

>l. What I am saying is that it's not something anyone can really do about and it isn't worth giving up your freedom for
Saying nothing can be done is asinine. Saying humanity hasn't contributed is just straight up false. There's tons of things you can do. Like plant trees, or put solar panels on your house. The most important thing you can do, if you're part of a functioning democracy, is vote for guys who have a record of enforcing environmental regulations on big business, and support those corporations as little as possible.

>If you honestly believe that paying a carbon tax, driving electric vehicles and buying “eco friendly” products you’ll slow the earth’s climate, you’re beyond brainwashed.
These are half-measures taken by neolibs on the left side of the isle who want to look like they're making an effort. It's just the first step.

How are snk threads bad? You're cringe kys, go watch that new Bocchi episode

Attached: PuckAcorn.jpg (104x140, 8K)

Yeah a fire alarm is "alarmist" but if the god damn building is on fire then its warranted.

The point is if the actual major polluters, either companies or entire countries, don't do their part, you being more "eco-friendly" isn't going to achieve dick. You can overstate the importance of the common man all you want, but you know I'm right.

just from one thread, you cancerous retard, kill yourself

Nice.

Oh you're from the south, that explains why you're stupid as hell.

Attached: Spirit.png (329x337, 80K)

> Shonen thread is full of retards
What a surprise.

Attached: osaka_surprise.jpg (1440x1080, 501K)

Good bait.

>"i am really intellectual and free-thinking, i gulp down everything I am told by big daddy government and the tv shows like a good boy."

None of that was proof of what % is natural vs. Man made change.

Very smart post user

Attached: 1559244373571.png (355x355, 59K)

Thanks, user.

why would i give a shit about this planet slowly getting hotter when i probably won't even be around for when it eventually dies out

Attached: 1445961810626.jpg (720x720, 298K)

We're going to keep you alive so you have to witness it.

Humans were a mistake

You definitely were.

Rent not free

You were too nigga

This is 100% accurate. Climatefags BTFO.

xkcd.com/1732/

if japan doesn't have any criminals, explain these thugs

Attached: FgSQXwnU0GElnZ3SNgHOiMYh0-lJlmaNTv10K1XF9_lz4fXB0nHFWslBjKxwAxUDL09UM3GSP8wRRSYIHJHE4-TGSHrTwDDFCG54 (444x250, 3.84M)

>4 hours

BRAVO MODS
R
A
V
O

I do find it hard to accept crime fiction set in Japan,and I'm talking of the hard-boiled variety.

So, lots of crime that Kira wouldn't be able to deal with
You have a point, but in my city, if you don't pay attention someone would grab your cellphone from your pocket. I work in a drugstore and at least once per month someone passes trying to exchange something clearly robbed for money or stuff. Leaving your phone unattended in a public place for more than one minute and finding it again would be a miracle.

>real life discussion bait thread #4938
It's so easy to see through and yet anons fall for it every single time

>i left my phone/wallet on the beach in okinawa for hours while i went snorkeling and it was still there in the open when i got back.
That's why all of them have a similar phone or a better one, they wouldn't have a need to steal it and probably not even an easy way to make money out of it. Some friends that visited Japan told me that the yakuza have a lot of prostitutes from other Asian countries that get lured with fake job offers, so they at least have that. I shojo manga are to be believed, loan sharks and blackmail happen a lot too. But definitely, a guy taking a school hostage like at the beggining of Death Note is too ridiculous for Japan.

You live in a shitty place. Tourists typically don't visit shitty places in Japan.

That aside, is the Death Note manga worth reading if one watched the anime?

The country is so boring, they have to spice it up somehow.

>bottom of the yellow
Holy fuck USA can't even win at being a violent shithole

Go back to fucking animesuki
Yea Forums was always like this you dumb fucking faggots

>normal level of crime
America is quite normal if you take into account the global crime rate. European countries are just much safer than average.

>inb4 third world banana republics don't count
They do.

Attached: 1524978973412.jpg (716x784, 271K)

>is the Death Note manga worth reading if one watched the anime?
If you didn't watch it recently. The manga is good, but the anime is pretty much the same except for the ending.

Literally the best threads on Yea Forums. I think there's a new mha thread for you

Attached: ReinerBed.jpg (556x421, 148K)

Ah, thank you very much.

Attached: useful.png (934x88, 8K)

>Chile that fucking high
What the weá?

Why do you care that this thread is up?

More than that, you basically have no rights in Japan once you're under arrest. You're guilty until proven innocent when you're incarcerated by any Japanese police department. You're interrogated and you don't have the right to a lawyer during that interrogation. They force confessions out of people by means of lightweight torture and is why they have a "99%" conviction rate.

What's lightweight torture?

Attached: Think.png (451x619, 467K)

Unfortunately, no many states regulate guns for enough mass murders to happen.

I came here from another thread to marvel at you.

Why didn't L just arrange to have a heart transplant during the time in which he suspected his name might be written down?
>He has a heart attack but his heart isn't in his body anymore so it just pops on its own
>Receives donor heart after
>Remaining 1/3 of the series is now about L trying to find out the name and face of the guy who's heart is now in L

Attached: 1532442785941.png (200x309, 39K)

It's when they tickle your feet with feathers.

Light finding it out rather

Have a hard time believing Canada should be that high.

lol

Attached: SataniaHaha.gif (543x533, 415K)

bump

bum´p

This.

Yea Forums has never been a board about anime, it's just a board where people who like anime come to talk about different things.

Anything short of physical injury. Sleep deprivation, mental exhaustion, emotional distress, basically things you can't see but will affect you and make you confess to something you didn't do.

Har har... Faggot.

imagine believing this

But when they do have crime it's the sort of horrific shit that would never be accepted in any civilized country and the criminals get to walk free as celebrities.

>tyring this hard to fit in

The death note is demon magic, the death is unavoidable and irreversible.
If that weren't the case, why would anyone with a donor heart be immune from heart attack without instead targeting the already-dead donor?
If for some reason that were true, why wouldn't Light just write "L dies of hemorrhagic stroke" to avoid the foreign heart issue?

If climate change isn't man-made then we're going to go extinct, boyo.

You have to go back

nippons would never

Attached: LainSweat.jpg (1008x720, 325K)

In this hypothetical situation the heart transplant is happening when the name it written down. L's heart is targeted but the "attack" happens during the transition from actual heart to bypass machine, so it pops on its own since there is no way for someone without a heart to have a heart attack. L receives a new heart from a Donor, but his name is already written down in the notebook so he can't be killed by it anymore. Rem doesn't account for this possibility when writing the name down because she doesn't have Light's foresight.