He says ova

>he says ova
>not OAV

Attached: 507-5077693_view-disgusted-anime-disgusted-face-png.jpg (820x501, 92K)

Faggot

Get with the times, gramps. And update your abbreviation vocabulary with OAD and ONA.

I say OAV for those that came out when we used to call them like that, like mecha stuff from the 80s/90s
I call whatever came out recently OVA like a sensible person though. Also that cropping is awful and it's a png turned jpg so who's the retard

AOV

>he says ova
>not オーブイエー

Attached: 48520b5f335a582f1f2b23aad3962af2e34e1c27c20763931391c85114f9a4df.jpg (250x333, 26K)

Sorry, I'm not a boomer. I've been calling them OVA for as long as I remember

VOA would make sense in grammatically-correct English. Japanese has the same word-order as English for this kind of stuff, so I've no idea as to the possible origin of the word "OVA".

Eve anime magazines from america and japan called them OVA after 1995. Fuck off moron

Probably some Japanese dude who didn't understand English as well as he thought he did. What specifically was going on in his head is anyone's guess. Either way, whatever. I'd go insane if I tried to track down the origin of every piece of grammatically incorrect English to come out of Japan, so I just accept it is what it is and move on.

Okay grandpa, you wanna show us your Laserdisc OAV collection while you're at it?

It's been Original Video Animation since the mid 90's, retard. Even the original releases of Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu were stated as OVA releases on VHS throughout it's 110 episode run.

You're the one saying it wrong, not the other guy.

>he says anime
>not japanimation

Attached: 1542303615978.png (740x720, 655K)

>he pronounces manga like mango

Attached: no.jpg (599x480, 53K)

>he pronounces anime as "a-nee-MAY"

Attached: 1529205523801.png (373x487, 242K)

I like OVAposition desu

>Pronounces manga as main-ga

It's horrible and I see so many people say it that way IRL. Usually girls.

MAHNGAH

>he says japanimation or anime
>not manga eiga or douga

Attached: 64565467.jpg (233x335, 24K)

GAYMEN

>he pronounces mahjong as 'majan'
Dumb nips

I say "over"

I call them talkies

based

I use whatever terms I want to refer to whatever things I want, just like I use "chinese cartoon" to refer to the things weebs watch
AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU GUYS CAN DO TO STOP ME

>he posts reaction images

>188864398
i feel bad, here's a (you)

What do you think OVA stands for and what does VOA stand for? I can't think of anything it could stand for that makes sense while still having the same meaning. OVA stands for "original video animation" and OAV is "original animated video" or something like that. I've never used OAV but I remember people used to call them that. But OVA was used too.

>not calling them bonus materials

OVAs in the past were actual products you bought. I think those still exist to some degree too even if they aren't as common as they used to be.