For me, it's Digimon Frontier

For me, it's Digimon Frontier

Attached: SHINING.jpg (300x300, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=czjCrQ6OjRk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Based

Frontier SUCKED

Attached: 1555116140713.jpg (1920x1080, 106K)

It was mediocre, but I don't get the irrational hate towards it

No Digimon partners, which is the whole appeal of the franchise

never saw digimon beyond season 2.

i have fond memories of frontier, but looking back it was not that good
still based OP

you missed tamers then, tamers was peak digimon

Season 2 was absolute dogshit. Season 3/Tamers was much, much better.

For some of us the appeal were the monsters themselves and not necessarily the partnership. For all I care Tai and the rest could have fucked off for 20 minutes to let me follow Wargreymon's adventures saving towns in the Digital world fighting other giant monsters.
Also the world itself is good. Frontier is certainly better than the entirety of Pokemon at least.

You should watch Tamers

what a shame Tamers never came out in my country. seems they did not want to dub the series past season two while still dubing shit like pokemon and yu-gi-oh. too late to watch digimon now. too old.

Tamers is like Evangelion for kids, though Evangelion itself is for kids nowadays. But it still packs a punch to know Tamers was written as a kodomo and intended for 10 yrs old and lower while dealing with dark shit, it has some merit. Like fucking murder and slavery in Dora the Explorer.

oh thats a shame honestly. tamers is something any kid should experience, such a fun and wild ride. i dont know about watching as an adult, i might try to rewatch it someday

BASED

I recently rewatched tamers and I didnt remember such "adult" plot. Great part of it is too complex to be understood by a kid. It is a pity that the next Digimon series returned to the same simple plot as the first ones.

Attached: tenor (1).gif (220x165, 317K)

Do they still make Digimon? Does it have an audience? Is it big in Japan?

It's not too complex for children I would say it's just the right amount to challenge them.

Yeah Leomon's death gets treated like an actual murder and the rest of the anime is dealing with Yuri's depression. And we don't even get a climax or payoff since Dukemon doesn't get to kill Beelzemon who just lies there defeated but Yuri doesn't let Takato become a murderer too.
And generally the atmosphere is pretty depressing with the Devas invading the real world feeling like a big threat and the gods doing shit and some red goo. Yeah it's nice.

If what you care about is the digimon and not the humans, wouldn't that make Frontier even worse, since there were only a few digimon in the team? I agree that the world was good and I liked the train stuff. But I just didn't feel invested in the characters. They all sucked and I didn't like having to follow them.

Is Tamers the best? 01 was great but the quality kinda went down towards the end.

I like Tamers, Adventure, and Savers for different reasons, so it would be hard for me to pick a best out of those. I didn't like any of the others, though.

Is this the designated thread?

True on the kids, they kinda sucker. But I liked seeing how the world works in a fantasy way in Frontier with stuff like the 3 big angels gobernating the world and different cities being alive.

Tamers can be the most enjoyable but it's an acquired taste, so 01 should be the objective best. Tamers doesn't get climatic final fights and most of the beginning feels like following the daily lives of normal kids, there aren't that many fights nor much is shown about the digital world. It's a story deconstructing Digimon for people who were already fans.

Tamers is the best and will blow your mind as a 10 year old but I don't think it's something you can catch up on as an adult.

Adventure and Tamers are very different. It's hard to compare.

Adventure is a more traditional adventure (lel) story with a new world to discover and big heroic moments. It executes it pretty well and incredibly creates endearing characters that people still relate to today the most out of all of the franchise. It even manages to deal with their family as well with just a few key scenes.

Tamers has a very small main cast that has a lot of focus and is centered about their issues rather than an epic plot and world. Its themes are more mature and not just epic battles against the bad guys, it's alsto pretty tightly written.

They are almost opposites and I don't know if it was intentional but it's interesting how they mirror as 3/4s of Adventure happens in the Digital World and 1/4 in the real one while 3/4s of Tamers is in the real one and just 1/4 in the Digital World.

Yep, that is what I meant with "adult" plot

DO NOT CROSS THE YELLOW LINE!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>The milkshake episode
>She wants leomon in her room and pretend he's a customer.

Attached: images.jpg (259x195, 9K)

Let's not talk about Leomon...

How about Orochimon and his alcoholic """milkshakes"""

Attached: Madleomon_orochi.jpg (320x320, 70K)

How about that time Wizardmon pretended to be drinking hot sauce and definitely not beer? Remember Citramon?

I feel bad for Amerifats having to watch the shittiest version.

A lion with fucking metal snakes for arms and legs

Attached: 1535690160172.png (321x322, 39K)

tamers had some hard hitting moments. I didnt get to watch most of 01 but when I do im rewatching tamers for the 3rd time

FOREVER UNITED AS ONE

Yeah

As a matter of fact, I have no memory of this.

Yay! Unresolved plot threads! Where were they going with this? We'll never know!

Attached: List_of_Digimon_Tamers_episodes_44.jpg (640x480, 69K)

I was sure Digimon Tri. was going to get to this. But noooo.

Attached: gennai_dark_marble_full.jpg (640x480, 42K)

Fucking based. I thought Frontier was great and super comfy.

Tamers was better than Frontier to me, but I still loved Frontier.

DIGI MODIFY! ERECTION ACTIVATE

youtube.com/watch?v=czjCrQ6OjRk

still gives me chills. too bad savers got just down right unrestricted in the mecha designs that made drop the franchise, man, how is it the longer they go the more they lose what we liked about the original and have to reboot it