All MCs are roughly equally strong throughout the series

>All MCs are roughly equally strong throughout the series

Why is this so rare in shounen nowadays?

Attached: Saint Seiya.jpg (225x298, 25K)

Because
1. all the Bronze saints' powerlevel stays relatively sane until Hades (aside from Hikki who already starts as much stronger but doesn't creep up as much)
2. powerups need sacrifice so you can't spam them
3. the main powerup (armor) is temporary so there's no permanent, constant rise in starting points

yeah, its so weird right now

Ikki's armor gets stronger after each beating

it's still the greatest shounen ensemble

It doesn't, he just makes the enemies shit their pants with his sudden ressurection

Sane?

No sir, just collected is all!

>>All MCs are roughly equally strong throughout the series

Both Ikki and Shun are way above the others, so much both only really fight whenever the fuck they want, each with their own excuses

Wrong Ikki was way stronger than Seiya. He fucking defeated Shaka. Enough said

They should reboot this series.

No. they shouldn't

and Seiya defeated Saga

Ikki was fucking OP iirc

Seiya landed some hits on Saga but he never defeated him. If it weren't for Athena's shield Saga would have killed Seiya in the end.

The powerlevels don't matter because you can make a miracle happen.

Anyway I agree, I love how they cover for each other and take down their own equally strong opponents instead of just constant jobbing

When? Never ever. Who came to help him?
For Fuck sake, Seiya needed the gold armor and the help of everybody else to defeat anyone.

The Rank is

Ikki
Shiryu
Shun
Hyoga
Seiya
Tatsuki

Fuck Athena and fuck the Bronze Knights

Attached: IMG_1242.jpg (400x300, 38K)

I would put Shun above Shiryu

Based and popepilled

Maybe if we consider the manga only, But in the anime and in the non-canon Asgard arc Shiryu was the fucking MVP and in the fuckin OVA's he always defeated the coolest enemies.

Yes, they should.

>he doesn't know

Shun literally one shotted a gold Saint without even using his armor, that's above anything Shiryu could do

Because shounen mangas are written by nerds that stayed in their desks reading WSJ while Kurumada was a nerd that loved Otoko Ippiki so much that tried to join a gang in highschool and got beat up so badly that he almost lost a year.

They already did?

This. The reason Shiryu beat more opponents is mostly due to the fact that Shun was always a pacifist and often tried to avoid combat entirely. His chains were fucking OP from the start and then they revealed that the chains, as OP as they were, were actually holding him back and that he was even more powerful without them.

bruh

Attached: fem shun.png (390x521, 152K)

What's your problem?

>2. powerups need sacrifice so you can't spam them
That's where you're wrong kiddo..DRAGON SLAVE!

Attached: 234245verse.jpg (1920x1080, 501K)

The strongest

Attached: x9.jpg (1086x755, 1.37M)

The Virgin Toriyama and the Chad Kurumada?

Attached: 1515854927248.jpg (1600x729, 232K)

Shaka was fine while Ikki was still shiting bricks when he brought him back
but have to agree base Ikki>>than the rest till they powerup

so shun is basically Gohan?

shun is canonically the strongest saint

Livin the dream

Reminder that Saga fucked SSho's Katja so well that she betrayed Athena

Fortunately Kurumada born too late for the student movement or else he would be in jail now. I mean, Sukeban Arashi end in a huge class warfare

Attached: Kurumada.png (1261x352, 46K)

Equally powerful? Seiya went from being able to punch roughly 343 times per second to being sometimes able to punch 299,792,458 times per second.

This. He's just too much of a pacifist moralfag but he's the strongest of them all. It's a shame he didn't get any more fights when he goes all out.

No, Gohan isn't actually strong, and Shun actually gets shit done when it matters.

Shun isn't a dissapointment.

Shun is absolutely broken and probably the most powerful of the group, but he hates harming people.

True, shun could theorically bitch slap most of the cast while Ikki always is the first guy who has to stall or deals damage to the strongest enemy in the arc

I want to fuck Shun but I fear the brother.

Not really, the only reaso Saga didn t kill him was becouse of Ikki and his good side which gave seiya enough time to show him the shield who destroyed his bad side theb he killed himself

Seiya only landed one hit on him

To also be fair, Shaka killed Ikky like 4 times, he just kept coming back because lol phoenix. Finally, Ikki self destructed wish Shaka to win, but he didn't really succeed, and Shaka with Mu's help saved them both from the dimension they ended up.

Gohan went blind and made the Pegasus Rolling Crash.

Attached: Gohan Rolling Crash.gif (480x270, 1.93M)

Imagine you're an adult and you're fighting in a war where everyone else is a toddler. You realize that if you punch them, you're going to break their toddler bones and since you're not a psychopath, you find that really messed up. So instead you use a foam bat as your weapon so that you won't hurt the toddlers too bad. But you're still a grown man hitting toddlers with a foam bat, so you still feel ashamed of yourself and you want to try to avoid combat as much as possible because you don't want to be a bully that picks on toddlers. That's basically Shun's character.

Actually Shaka could come back by himself but he needed mu help to brink Ikki with him

Shun's a faggot.

He had a girlfriend.

It would be cool to see more.

Sure he did. She just lived in an island, so none of his friends could see her. But she's totally hot and real and definitely a girl.

>Reboot made Shun into a girl to make this scene not gay anymore

Attached: 20190420_074317.jpg (960x720, 229K)

Should i rewatch Saint Seiya? I haven't seen it in several years. I always remembered Shun being strong, but still below Ikki unlike what some anons are implying. Was Seiya really weaker than the others?

Well, most Gold Saints weren't even defeated. they were either absents, support seiya and friends or letting them pass after acknowledging their determination.

Omega (season 1) is better.

shun and ikki are clearly stronger than the rest, though, not by some huge margin though

>Omega
the first season is watchable but the original anime (and most of the movies and ova's)/manga are much better.

Gay Shun is better than girl Shun

They improved the sanctuary tower climbing by a lot. It's far better than Kurumada's other saint seiya series which keep recycling the same shit over over over over and over again.

You gotta feel bad for the B-Team Bronzes. They were outclassed by the main five.

> Seiya: Trained with a Silver
> Hyouga and Shiryu: Trained with Golds
> Shun: Learned a technique defeat a Gold Saint instantly
> Ikki: Got access to the strongest Bronze Cloth

Yeah, I wonder what kind of training they got where the bear guy's best move was brute strength (AKA the shonen jobber special) and the hydra guy's only move was an ineffective poison claw.

If you read the manga, the main 5 were always overpowered bronze saints. My headcanon is that the jobber team is how regular bronze saints are

now that seiya is in a coma i liked the way Shun took more protag and Ikki had to finally deal with some fodder guys instead of going full phoenix on the strongest guys

I don't see the homo, just a man saving another man from hypothermia. Do you thing CPR is gay if it's between men too ?

Of course

>Shun
>That Low
You fag, Shun is canonically the strongest saint.
Just say that you want Shun to top Hyoga and go, you dumb fujo

Based Sagaposter

>Manga
>Shun heats Hyoga with his cosmos and doesn't look gay
>Anime
>Shun heats Hyoga with his body and with a gay-ass facial expression out of a yaoi manga

Attached: 309.jpg (1768x1340, 535K)