There needs to be more realistic weapon combat in anime, especially if the show is medieval themed

There needs to be more realistic weapon combat in anime, especially if the show is medieval themed.

Just give me some proper shield usage. I'm sick of seeing shield-users just standing there, taking direct hits to the shield. I want to see deflections, shield punches cracking some teeth, and shield charges that end with a hard backhand and combo into a thrust with the weapon.

Attached: 1369098112609.jpg (750x815, 227K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xT66YPk0Q5w
youtube.com/watch?v=_tFOJFyTl1U
youtube.com/watch?v=al1CpCfSEHo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fuck off medieval autist

>anime comes out called rising of the sheild hero
>never uses sheild for combat
>its a glorified magic casting weapon that can block attacks
Wasted fucking potential.

You just want to see someone being rightly ended by a thrown pommel.

>moans about realism
>posts unrealistic pic

Watch Junketsu no Maria. You'll see proper buckler usage, armour that actually protects, and mordstreich

Drawing fight choreography without a real-world reference is challenging, especially if you're trying to imitate realistic HEMA. However, you'll see next to no actually usable reference material for these forms and motions because HEMA is a fucking dead activity that's only kept alive as a concept by literal autists like you who talk about it nonstop despite having never held a shield in their lives.

It's simply not worthwhile looking for functional references to something that obscure just so you can tickle the pickle of a couple internet losers.

To be fair you can have realistic combat encounters in an unrealistic dark fantasy setting.

no one have money to animate your autistic battles, doing some big explosion is easier and cheaper

Read Gamaran.

Real weapon combat is boring to watch, someone is dead after two exchanges in unarmored and in armored you wail on each other's shields until someone gets tired

Same. I'm tired of over the top combat where lazy choreography is hidden by flashy effects that most anime goes for.

Attached: 1556541821098.jpg (860x580, 123K)

Not european medieval combat, but Toji no Miko is GOAT as it can get in terms of proper and realistic choreography.

The problem is that those type of scenes are an absolute bitch to animate, and very expensive too. Animation companies would rather put that money somewhere else.

youtube.com/watch?v=xT66YPk0Q5w

This is still one of the best combat scenes.

I don't care about authentic combat styles, but just some faint idea of basic physics would be nice.

>characters use lighter weapons to block heavy weapons without flinching
>two-handed attacks are deflected with one hand
>a block that doesn't close the weapon's path somehow stops the attack anyway
>weapons or equipment are never damaged
>etc

Maria the virgin witch is great.
youtube.com/watch?v=_tFOJFyTl1U

Attached: 1532148892044.jpg (1280x720, 235K)

Dark Souls is just hit or miss. Some of the weapon movements are realistic - mainly thrusting weapons, but then we have some pretty retarded ones too, like halberd spin. Also, rolling is a complete bullshit. Still, if you look at the footage from the games, the combat looks relatively aesthetically pleasing and not over the top, which isn't generally the case in anime. As an exampe of good combat in anime, I can think of Seirei no Moribito. Even though it's still over the top, at least they fight using their weapons and somewhat realistic body movements.

I hate the common tropes such as people stopping mid fight to recite their stupid mantras in front of flashy backgrounds, camera zooming out to show magic explosions and dust instead of the fight itself etc.
youtube.com/watch?v=al1CpCfSEHo

The Elite Knight armor is some of the most realistic pieces of armor in a videogame I have seen period. It's weird seeing it in a game with some of the most outlandishly designed armor as well.

Not even movies/tv shows have realistic melee combat,let alone chinese cartoons

Agree, but I guess it's unfair to even talk about how realistic it is or isn't, because that was never the intention anyway.

Attached: jVsvx.jpg (1080x720, 381K)

Nobody wants to see hyper-realistic combat in a show because it's not interesting to watch. I will agree that the animation for fight scenes is pretty lazy nowadays. There's still a few shows that really nailed the choreography attacks with weight to them like Junketsu no Maria.

I do feel that the armorsets you find early on are pretty grounded and as the story progresses you find more fantastical ones, which isn't a bad thing at all.

Demon's Souls had better weapon movements. Claymores wouldn't be slammed into the ground and there wasn't any "spin to win" stuff with the halberds.