Robin is cute. Why does no one ever talk about her show?

Robin is cute. Why does no one ever talk about her show?

Attached: 1422627733507.png (242x310, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rK8Xr7wyRIg
youtube.com/watch?v=I9PlXKtva4A
youtube.com/watch?v=lbXukt7PU4A
youtube.com/watch?v=VsP6EIIcaLY
youtube.com/watch?v=W1OkU2l3w8I
youtube.com/watch?v=RxdXhZbrdp8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because it's boring. I've dropped and picked it up a few times but nothing interesting had happened by episode 10 so i said fuck this and deleted it for good. Robin is pretty cute though,i'll give them that.

Because it's shit.

>missing out on bicycle courier Robin
Your loss

Attached: robin bike.jpg (1023x1457, 263K)

What's this about anyway?

A cute girl named Robin. She likes to sleep naked, hunt witches and get caught in office politics.

Attached: a1deab872b9a8d98918333eac8841ee8.jpg (1024x768, 210K)

The music is REALLY good.

...I didn't finish the show.

Show is boomer tier, gotta talk about the newest Isekai and moe shit now

i don't remember anything from the show except the music
youtube.com/watch?v=rK8Xr7wyRIg

Parts of it are good, which thus mean they don't get discussed here, but a frequent opinion is that the show's pacing makes it boring. Also, the series is old.

The only thing I dislike about the pace is that it likes to revel in its own mysteries a bit too long by withholding information from the viewer. Aside from that I don't think the pace is detrimental.

i like how she sleeps naked

It's pretty old and not that popular. I remember liking it but I barely remember anything about it. I watched it on Bionix when I was like 13

O N L Y
S E A S O N

At some point I realized that the dude she wanted to bang was professor snape if he was an anime and I couldn't get that thought out of my head

Attached: Witch Hunter Robin 02 Addicted to Power.mkv_snapshot_00.37.jpg (640x480, 84K)

>15 years old

It's impressive what she hidden under that habit.

Attached: WHR_Cover_01.jpg (2011x2812, 1.56M)

Your point?

Nun gots buns hun!

Attached: Witch Hunter Robin - 02.avi_snapshot_02.21_[2019.02.27_00.07.06].jpg (640x480, 13K)

With or without the glasses, anons?
With. Without is too dangerous.

Attached: WHR_05_0001.png (730x560, 198K)

glasses are patrician choice

Did she live or die?

It's been too long.

Attached: WHR_01_0001.png (730x560, 137K)

I remember the middle being pretty dull, but the style and atmosphere makes me nostalgic for that era of animu.

I think I remember it being intentionally uncertain, but suggested she lived.

It was meh. Not the best anime and not the worst but just okay and kind of forgettable. Music is great though.

Does anyone else shout, "Leeroy Jenkins!" ever time he rushes in without a plan?

Attached: WHR_01_0002.png (730x560, 188K)

Who?

The opening and ending were fucking great.

I vaguely recall watching this once or twice on tv

It had its moments.

Attached: WHR_OP_oface.webm (720x560, 687K)

Good soundtracks
youtube.com/watch?v=I9PlXKtva4A

This show has some top tier aesthetics

By my rough count, I'd say that over half the people working for the STNJ were actually spies for other organizations. The chief sucked at vetting people who weren't going to be Factory workers.

Sleepy Robin was great.

Attached: WHR_02_0004.png (730x560, 203K)

post more

Currently rewatching this series. For nostalgia boners. Pacing is alright, has that section 9 vibe, but witches going on.

Without because she smiles more.

Attached: cor.tv.witch.hunter.robin.24.[677C4E93].mkv_snapshot_13.57_[2019.05.31_20.12.45].jpg (640x480, 116K)

Some of the episodes were paced a bit slowly and we live in the ADHD generation.

The atmosphere and style were absolutely amazing though. To this day I've never seen an anime that did "creepy witchcraft" better that Witch Hunter Robin. It was the perfect mix of being creepy and oppressive while still being pretty and aesthetically pleasing. I do wish they would have done more with the overarching plot though. It felt like they ended it too soon after it started to pick up.

Also
>no one has posted the op with animation
Lets fix that.
youtube.com/watch?v=lbXukt7PU4A

Attached: sideways zoro sign.gif (480x328, 2.8M)

I love how ominous the factory people were for most of the series.

You're creeping her out, user.

Attached: WHR_02_0005.png (720x480, 163K)

A witch named Robin who has fire-starter powers and was raised by the church, is sent to japan to help a secret organization hunt down other witches. She slowly learns that the organization might have ulterior motives.

What I like about it is that it's not black-and white since even though the organization has bad motives, a good portion of the witches they capture really are a danger to society.

Attached: sniffsniff.gif (240x180, 267K)

She's so much better with her hair down, instead of those retarded pigtails

I love Robin was so shocked to discover that maybe they were the baddies when all signs pointed to the factory as evil research facility inc.

Attached: burn-baby-burn.gif (480x368, 3.66M)

Remember that back home she'd just kill witches.

>retarded pigtails
Those are handles, user.

Attached: WHR_02_0001.png (730x560, 344K)

I would have if this series aired after "Leeroy Jenkins!" became a thing.

Also I felt really bad for the hacker guy when I heard his story.

Attached: michael-lee-whr.jpg (640x480, 43K)

Because it's older than they are.
Wonderful show, something like proto-DTB. It has its flaws, but was solid even back then. All that post-00s shit has nothing on it.

His late night chats with Robin, with or without doughnuts, were always nice to watch.

Thanks for reminding me that I need to rewatch this

did i switch back to the best time line?

Attached: 32132.gif (170x180, 1.07M)

"Wear some fucking glasses Robin, or so help me..."

Attached: whr-amon.gif (441x326, 1.23M)

It's a decent show. Darker than Black was similar and better.

"No"

Attached: bulletproof.gif (327x251, 1.04M)

At least Robin didn't have a sequel that shat all over the original.

Because I literally couldn't make it past the first ep.

Darker than black didn't have a creepy enough atmosphere/design. It was just the usual flat, colorful anime aesthetic, and that took away from the ominous-ness of it all. Witch Hunter Robin did creepy and oppressive 100 times better.

Anyone who tried to hold those handles risks burning before using them properly.

She puts the fire into "in fragrante delicto."

all things considered, that was probably the more humane thing to do

Attached: cor.tv.witch.hunter.robin.06.[84B186FC].mkv_snapshot_16.49_[2019.05.26_18.44.59].jpg (640x480, 131K)

Orbo is witches

Possibly, but remember that as far as she would have known the Factory could have been more like Club Fed than The Island of Dr. Moreau.

I loved Witch Hunter Robin.
It was so incredibly atmospheric.
I mean, I understand if people didn’t like it since it was flawed.
But
I just love this unique x-files cousin anime series

Early 2000s Sunrise character design is the worst.

Seriously? This bitch look like a cake.

I think most of the character interactions were great. With the plot being as slow as it was they were really the driving force behind much of the series.

Attached: ca6bdc2a858975356cc75983dc87f906.jpg (444x580, 123K)

cool design and concept, insanely boring execution

She sure is special.
Dojima and Robin looked really good as waitstaff at Harry's.

At least they have noses.

I want the STNJ conference room projector.

Attached: WHR_11_0001.png (730x560, 336K)

>It's pretty old
I don't get this argument. So is Evangelion, does that mean you wouldn't recommend someone else to watch it?

youtube.com/watch?v=VsP6EIIcaLY
Good opening

the pace of this show is way too slow

This show has some of the best ambience in anime youtube.com/watch?v=W1OkU2l3w8I

Your opinion is noted but discarded thankyou for your time.

Pensive and no glasses for me, thanks.

Attached: WHR_11_0002.png (730x560, 275K)

That Salem witch, the Methuselah, was a looker back in the day. 320 years back, mind you.

Attached: WHR_12_0001.png (730x560, 200K)

Anyone who watched her show back on adult swim or whatever is still in a coma.

Mostly because it predates Yea Forums in general. That whole generation of anime is rarely talked about.

What about those who watched it subbed before then?

Other similar shows from the era that barely get talked about include Wolf's Rain, Paranoia Agent, Twelve Kingdoms, Speed Grapher, etc., although there are some like GiTs: SAC, Planetes, and Samurai Champloo that are better remembered. The style hasn't completely disappeared but I'd say after the mid-2000s it started to dry up - or rather, it didn't expand and boom merchandising-wise in the same way that the "moe" shows did.

Nah, you're just a tasteless fag

Was there anyone in Solomon's upper levels who wasn't a complete ass to Robin? If they'd just pulled her back to Headquarters with the Relic instead of looking for excuses to kill her off, she'd have been their willing huntress for years longer. Don't say Juliano, because he listened to the clowns trying to get her killed rather than his own experience with her.

I like both. Either way they really put a lot of effort into animating her hair.

Attached: because-im-worth-it.gif (360x270, 635K)

>15 years old
This always caught me off-guard because she seemed like an adult and because it seemed like the writers were trying to ambiguously ship her with Amon. If the wiki is to be believed Amon is 25 (I always thought he looked more around 30 though).

Wolf's Rain and Twelve Kingdoms are both masterpieces. TK has some of the best character development I've ever seen in an anime and Wolf's Rain's soundtrack is a 3,000/10

>caught me off-guard
They stated her age in the very first episode, user.

Attached: WHR_01_0003.png (730x560, 212K)

Why come we never got a second season, anyway? With the pacing the way it was, it would have been perfect for one of those long-running anime with 40 episodes or something.

Did any of you watch Le Chevalier D'Eon? I thought it had a similar atmosphere, but I haven't seen either one in many years so I could be misremembering.

Yeah I know, but it's easy to forget unless your thinking about it because of the way she acts and dresses.

>Speed Grapher
They don't make them like this anymore, and that fucking ending man ;_; that was some ironic masterpiece shit right there

I am always kind of embarassed to say Wolfs Rain is one of my favorite anime because of the retarded plot but the OST and art direction made me tear up like every episode.

>retarded pigtails
Take that back, I've always thought they look sexy as fuck!

Are there any other serious manga/anime with witches?

There's El Cazador de la Bruja, but the atmosphere is not nearly as dark and creepy. It's not exactly a comedy, but it's much more lighthearted than Witch hunter Robin.

Was just about to say this. I don't really remember the plot of the show at all, but I still listen to the soundtrack occasionally.

youtube.com/watch?v=RxdXhZbrdp8

I remember the boss having a dick head

Wolf's Rain was never really a "plot" anime - or at least, it's as much of a plot anime as Utena is.

>Robin is cute. Why does no one ever talk about her show?

It's endemic to a lot of the early 2000s high concept procedural anime shows; it takes too long to get to the main point and by the time it gets there, it's so rushed with little hope of a S2

Chexking it out. A shame there aren't more dark witch shows. The explanation of witch occult is fascinating.

I vaguely remember watching this. I do like her design.

I thought Juliano was the only character in the show within Solomon's upper levels. Regardless it was a bit bullshit how quick people where to go along with the hunt and his excuse was pretty underwhelming.

should I rewatch this? it was like a monster of the week type of deal show right

remember this from YTV like at least 15 years ago it was one of the first "adult" anime I watched since video rental and irc was a bitch

The first half is monster of the week with the focus on the characters and world and then the plot kicks in for the second half. For what it's worth I enjoyed most of those weekly monsters because the emphasis is on the detective work finding them rather than the showdown.

right fuck it time for some nostalgia
god damn the 00's had a bunch of gothic qt3.14's

I gotta say, I'm 35 now and haven't watched anime in any real capacity in maybe 15 years, but I saw this picture on the front page and went in, and clicked a YT link to the OST. My god... I still know the opening by heart and can hum it all the way through with precision, yet I can't remember where I parked my car 2 days ago. How's that humanly possible?

From what I recall, the OST, character and visual designs lended themselves greatly to the atmosphere and the few moments of tension and action were great. The show was a bit slow and tiring, there were large lengths of time when nothing seemed to happen, then I remember the ending being kinda rushed. But I have very fond memories of it, especially from Robin who was a melancholic pouting nun-goth-qt with pigtails. She felt almost like a real human rather than an exaggerated anime character.

Holy shit. I found this cosplay pic dated on my HD from 2005, when I gave a lecture at some friendly function about anime. Where has the time gone. :/

Attached: cosplay8.jpg (600x900, 136K)

Nostalgia is strong can't beat the classics man

Attached: b086be89ebf49248018d761cd6532923b00b2ac9_hq.jpg (857x933, 107K)